Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 1845 (Pro)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Video Diary
6. Re: Just Cause 3 Video Diary Aug 28, 2015, 09:41 Slashman

Joss wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 08:52:
“..this huge amount of extra horsepower allows us to do things that simply weren’t possible until now."

Except put in co-op. These guys are idiots. No longevity for this.

Totally. Its just like the Elder scrolls series. Really sad how fast Skyrim died off and no one bothers to play it anymore. If only it had co-op...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Video Diary
4. Re: Just Cause 3 Video Diary Aug 28, 2015, 08:44 Slashman

Rhett wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 04:53:
Haha. I'm also surprised no co-op, after those people put in so much effort and made that mod, and it was well-received.

How well-received was it? Because it doesn't look like it was well-received enough for them to turn the gmae into a co-op game.

Also, I can understand why they wouldn't go the co-op route with this. Co-op can seriously restrict the things you can do in a game. Including totally screwing up scripted stuff that's story related.

Not every game needs to have multiplayer. This is their third game in this franchise. If they thought the game required multiplayer to be good, I assume they would have done it by now.

News Comments > "Do or Die" for Frozenbyte
6. Re: Aug 27, 2015, 12:04 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 11:20:
If they had stated the truth from the outset - instead of allowing people to infer... - and adjusted the price for a much smaller game all would be well. This is a problem of their own making.

Yeah I'm *gasp* agreeing with Cutter again.

I just don't get this. The situation sounds sympathy-worthy on the surface, but when you look at the experience and past titles of the studio, it doesn't make sense that they botched things that badly.

Even without taking into consideration what you told fans, when you played the game from start to finish, what did you feel like it delivered and was worth? What did the testers feel?

News Comments > Boss Key Reveals LawBreakers
6. Re: Boss Key Reveals LawBreakers Aug 26, 2015, 20:30 Slashman

Woohoo F2P!!! Soooo looking forward to this!!! Count me in!! Is there a $100 starter pack I can pre-order??  

News Comments > More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen
165. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 25, 2015, 15:23 Slashman

Tigger wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 15:05:
Flatline wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 11:57:
Tigger wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 10:11:
After doing a bit of reading last night, it looks like Roberts hasn't shipped a game since 2003. And that game was late. By years.

I think this may be a case where, perhaps as a producer or designer, he may be in a bit over his head.

Freelancer? You mean the game MS *fired* Chris Roberts from so that it could eventually ship?

Yeah, that's the one!

So why the lack of confidence? Wiseguy

News Comments > Hearthstone The Grand Tournament Expansion Released
6. Re: Hearthstone The Grand Tournament Expansion Released Aug 24, 2015, 22:30 Slashman

You people are spending money in this??? Wtf  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
20. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 23, 2015, 19:07 Slashman

Wth happened in this thread??? Headscratch  

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Head Start Plans
11. Re: Sword Coast Legends Head Start Plans Aug 22, 2015, 23:16 Slashman

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 22, 2015, 19:19:
KS wrote on Aug 22, 2015, 18:47:
"The necromancer...with the heart of gold!"

"When I use infernal magics to yank souls back from the great beyond and bind them to dead bodies against their will and enslave them to my commands, I feel real, real bad about it!"

So .. an emomancer?

I'd pre-order that... Embarassed

News Comments > On Trine 3's Length and Future
12. Re: On Trine 3's Length and Future Aug 22, 2015, 21:02 Slashman

Frozenbyte are not a new studio. They've been around. Why would they budget so poorly for something like this? Trine is one of their best franchises.  

News Comments > Age of Wonders III Mod Support Plans
9. Re: Age of Wonders III Mod Support Plans Aug 22, 2015, 10:13 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Aug 22, 2015, 10:06:
Slashman wrote on Aug 22, 2015, 00:34:
Cutter wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 19:17:
Yeah, it was a huge letdown. A definite day one purchase regret.

Fortunately I purchased it after the first expansion and much patching and it was pretty awesome.

Hrm, maybe I'll have to do that then. I loved the original but this - as day one at least - was disappointing to say the least.

A lot of people thought so as well. I would say though, that with the new expansion and the new mechanics like the race governance system, it is a very solid game now.

Well at least depending on what you hated about the initial launch it is solid. If you jump back in, play the beta patch...lots of good stuff in there including a new tutorial.

7. Re: Age of Wonders III Mod Support Plans Aug 22, 2015, 00:34 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 19:17:
Yeah, it was a huge letdown. A definite day one purchase regret.

Fortunately I purchased it after the first expansion and much patching and it was pretty awesome.

2. Re: Age of Wonders III Mod Support Plans Aug 21, 2015, 18:18 Slashman

Unless you have unlimited resources and insane processing power, there is never going to be a high level AI in any 4x type game that doesn't cheat.

ALL high level AI in most 4x games get bonuses to production, gold etc.

Unless you have discovered the magical means to give an AI an organically adaptive brain, that's what you'll always have.

That said, the AI in AoW 3 is not that bad. It is actually pretty decent. Also...are you forgetting that there is such a thing as Greater Disjunction? Maybe the AI is using that...

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Development Moves In-House
24. Re: Star Citizen FPS Development Moves In-House Aug 18, 2015, 16:38 Slashman

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 15:17:
So how about that SQ42 release late 2015..

Ha HA! You funny... Giggle

News Comments > Aquanox Deep Descent Kickstarter
3. Re: Aquanox Deep Descent Kickstarter Aug 18, 2015, 10:06 Slashman

Wow...that Kickstarter is not going well.  

News Comments > Satellite Reign Next Week
7. Re: Satellite Reign Next Week Aug 18, 2015, 10:05 Slashman

Quinn wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 09:48:
Some of the early combat footage looks really bad. Hoped they went with turn-based. What I have seen looked really messy and boring. The rest of the game? Amazing.

No they did not go with turn based. Was Syndicate in any way turn based? Because that is what this is a spiritual successor of.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Game+ Mode Announced
12. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Game+ Mode Announced Aug 15, 2015, 09:15 Slashman

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 15, 2015, 08:19:
I replayed the first (HR) one 3 times ;p So I am kinda hyped for this.. just hoping it will still give us option for a complete non-lethal playthrough.

I play games to kill and hurt things. What is this 'non-lethal' method you speak of?

News Comments > Civilization: Beyond Earth Free Weekend
15. Re: Civilization: Beyond Earth Free Weekend Aug 14, 2015, 10:39 Slashman

I find myself not interested in this anymore.

I was really hoping that they would have hit it out of the park with this game but it just doesn't seem like they ever will.

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
7. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 9, 2015, 22:46 Slashman

Ziggurat is the only roguelike I really enjoy.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown
47. Re: KEEFOX_CHECKED_FLAG_FALSE Aug 8, 2015, 09:55 Slashman

El Pit wrote on Aug 8, 2015, 09:51:
How about taking the kickstarter money and work on Squadron 42 ONLY. Then relase this (just a Wing Commander clone - no FPS, multiplayer or stuff), and with the money that they can make if Squadron 42 is great and successful, make the MMO with FPS and stuff. How about that? Finish SQ42, release it to prove what you really can pull off and by this, win over new investors. No hangar, no dogfight module, a complete single player SQ42. And then move on to MMO, IF SQ42 can win over the gamers.

Right now, it's a Flagship situation: release a single player game telling everybody it's actually an MMO with bells and whistles. People don't want to be Flagshipped again. At least they shouldn't want to be.

I strongly suspect that Squadron 42 was never what Roberts wanted to work on in the first place. He could have made that, released it, and then continued to look at expanding the other aspects of the franchise. He's instead fixed on this MMO idea that no one really asked for.

News Comments > Journey of the Light Steam Refunds
17. Re: Journey of the Light Stean Refunds Aug 7, 2015, 12:36 Slashman

Total-Khaos wrote on Aug 7, 2015, 11:40:
I wish Steam themselves would pursue legal action, on behalf of their customers, when these shenanigans are brought to light. No pun intended. Perhaps threat of a lawsuit would keep these types of scams off their service.

Right. So sue people who are probably already broke (likely why they are scamming in the first place) so then you are stuck with legal fees and nothing to show for it.

What would be more effective is to blacklist developers based on shady practices including refusing to Greenlight any other games from them if they are provably dishonest.

Expecting Valve to play each game to completion or whatever before allowing it is nutty.

1845 Comments. 93 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo