Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 1715 (Pro)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $80M; Accepting Subscription Contributions
25. Re: Star Citizen Passes $80M; Accepting Subscription Contributions Apr 28, 2015, 09:49 Slashman

Klaus Flouride wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 07:49:
It's trying to do to many tings. Ultimately it is going to fail somewhere.

It'll be miraculous if it ties all of them together with any kind of coherence. I just don't see it happening.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Star Citizen Passes $80M; Accepting Subscription Contributions Apr 28, 2015, 00:30 Slashman

Darks wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 23:42:
Next they will be taking your mothers as payment.

Pretty sure some folks already sold theirs to buy ships.

They had already sold off the mother-in-laws... Giggle

11. Re: Star Citizen Passes $80M; Accepting Subscription Contributions Apr 27, 2015, 20:40 Slashman

Seriously people...wtf

Who are the crazy people still pouring money into this?????

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 EULA vs Griefers
6. Re: Killing Floor 2 EULA vs Griefers Apr 25, 2015, 02:18 Slashman

dj LiTh wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 01:50:
This is going to be worse then a communist soap opera

I thought 'Deep in the Red Love' was a very well-done and thought-provoking daytime drama. Oh wait! That never got made...

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Kaiju-A-GoGo
3. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Kaiju-A-GoGo Apr 24, 2015, 14:36 Slashman

Yeah...not so much that.  

News Comments > Skyrim Free Weekend
17. Re: Skyrim Free Weekend Apr 24, 2015, 12:18 Slashman

Drayth wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 12:03:
lol

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65034/?

OK that was pretty funny.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Kaiju-A-GoGo
1. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Kaiju-A-GoGo Apr 24, 2015, 09:36 Slashman

I am thoroughly enjoying my mad rampage across the cities of the world, forcing them to bow to my will or be destroyed!!!!

Seriously. This is a fun little game with some base building and management elements thrown into the mix along with 99+ possible skills to unlock for your giant, rampaging, robot dinosaur.

News Comments > Overlord: Fellowship of Evil Announced
6. Re: Overlord: Fellowship of Evil Announced Apr 23, 2015, 13:28 Slashman

Overlord: Return to Idiocy... Wall  

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trilogy Announced
17. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trilogy Announced Apr 23, 2015, 09:15 Slashman

I dunno. Space Hulk Ascension is a pretty decent game.

I think a TW 40k game would be odd to execute though. The races in 40k aren't the least bit interested in political maneuvering or diplomacy.

Not quite sure how it would work out. The Orks just want to fight. The Eldar don't settle on planets except for a small subset of the original whole. The Humans are prejudiced against everything in the galaxy that isn't human. The Chaos forces just want to consume everything. Uhhh...not much of a good setting for a 4x there when you get right down to it. And don't even get me started on the Necrons and Tyranids.

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! Unchained Beta 2
1. Re: Orcs Must Die! Unchained Beta 2 Apr 20, 2015, 09:58 Slashman

Thanks screwing up the Orcs Must Die! franchise with this F2P nonsense that no one asked for.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
34. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 20, 2015, 09:01 Slashman

jdreyer wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 03:36:
Suppa7 wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 01:39:
Not to mention people who are buying PoE are getting it off GOG.COM or some other website besides steam. There's no reason to buy a DRM free game on steam. So the steam numbers are skewed to only those who use steam for gaming.

You say that like Steam users are a small fraction when the likelihood is that it's a vast majority.

It's the old 'Steam doesn't have as many users as most sensible people know it has and I want to pretend it is much less relevant than it is'argument.

Oh and that's on top of the 'most gamers really really care about Steam DRM' argument.

News Comments > Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Developer Switch
9. Re: Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Developer Switch Apr 20, 2015, 08:55 Slashman

Fun times in game development...

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Gratuitous Space Battles 2
10. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Apr 17, 2015, 19:39 Slashman

Honestly, for the price point, I can't justify this game.

There are currently good 4x games like Star Ruler 2 and Stardrive 2 that let you do a similar kind of ship design while providing a whole empire building/conquest game as well. And they have actual 3d combat instead of just the fixed top down view.

It just doesn't grab me. The first one got old very quickly as well for me.

News Comments > Endless Free Weekend
4. Re: Endless Free Weekend Apr 16, 2015, 23:34 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 19:46:
Endless Legend, big disappointment. Not terrible, but not good.

The only complaint I have with Endless Legend is the AI being really weak.

How is it a disappointment exactly? Most people seem to think it was a very well done 4x.

News Comments > WildStar Off AU Shelves; F2P Coming?
17. Re: WildStar Off AU Shelves; F2P Coming? Apr 15, 2015, 18:01 Slashman

NKD wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 12:45:
MMO developers need to learn from Wildstar's shortcomings and realize that they need to really focus their MMOs. EverQuest and Ultima Online managed to create games that felt vibrant and full even with only a few hundred thousand subscribers. You can still do that today, you just need to manage your scope and find a niche. And once you find it, REALLY cater to it.

The problem remains that no one wants the niche. Publishers likely run away from the idea, vomiting as they go. And you can't really build a 'small' MMO because of the kind of infrastructure and staff these things cost.

Until these guys start looking at MMOs in a different way, they won't ever succeed.

Essentially, you need an MMO for a niche of folks not made up of WoW-type MMO players. That's not an easy task.

12. Re: WildStar Off AU Shelves; F2P Coming? Apr 15, 2015, 11:59 Slashman

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 10:53:
The formula is largely the same because it's known to work.

It is known to work for a select few games who have had big success with it.

It's like the all-fluff, AAA, no-PC version, blockbuster game formula was known to work. And then after a while it was only known to work for a select few titles and for a select few publishers and developers.

People keep milking a dead cow but the market already has its fill of milk.

News Comments > Age of Wonders III Expands; Adds OS X & Linux Support
2. Re: Age of Wonders III Expands; Adds OS X & Linux Support Apr 15, 2015, 11:52 Slashman

mixma242 wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 10:52:
Have they fixed the rush for T4 units issue? That is what ruined the game for me.

They fixed that a while ago.

There was further unit rebalance with this expansion as well. Most of that stuff was in a massive free patch. The expansion mostly deals with new races, classes and governance systems.

4. Re: WildStar Off AU Shelves; F2P Coming? Apr 15, 2015, 09:39 Slashman

This is why I now have zero interest in MMOs. The WoW forumla needs to go. It insults my intelligence as a gamer. There is no 'game'. It's just a set piece for socializing.

No real challenge requiring skill or thought to overcome. Hotbar skill buttons. Fetch quests disguised as something meaningful. It just sucks ass.

People jump on each new one telling themselves it will be different and time after time it is exactly the same boring, treadmill grindfest.

No, your actions don't change the game world. No, you can't make a 'unique' character. There is no substance.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 15, 2015, 09:02 Slashman

I hate you Shade of Naxxramss!!!!  

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
23. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 11, 2015, 23:52 Slashman

Retrovirus is a very good 6Dof shooter with a single player campaign. How come no one mentions that?

1715 Comments. 86 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo