Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 1604 (Pro)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 20, 2014, 08:33 Slashman

vacs wrote on Dec 20, 2014, 04:28:
Like most tools like this one, they actually do more harm than help. I personally avoid this programs, especially the registry cleaner part...

And once again, ignorance speaks loudest. Will it ever be muzzled?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale Begins
31. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 18, 2014, 17:34 Slashman

Pr()ZaC wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 17:18:
Endless Legend is also on sale... Cheesy

Keep twisting that knife in 'em. Who needs a life outside their PC anyway?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
24. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 15, 2014, 08:17 Slashman

Quinn wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 08:08:
It's pretty easy to ignore games you don't care about [on Steam].

For gamers like me, it's honestly not that easy anymore.

I sincerely hope the number of 'gamers like you' is decreasing then. We need less people who can't properly navigate a simple application like Steam in the world of gaming.

News Comments > Limit Theory Video
16. Re: Limit Theory Video Dec 15, 2014, 07:24 Slashman

Well the tricky thing about content in a fully procedurally generated universe is that it doesn't really come from a guy simply adding missions etc.

In LT's case, the game world is supposed to generate everything. In that sense, all Josh is supposed to add is the parameters for content generation.

Currently the AI can mine, trade, buy equipment, hire other NPCs, declare war all on its own. If I'm not mistaken, it can also offer the player missions. It's more competent than Rebirth's AI even now because it consists of distinct higher and lower level entities.

What Josh now needs to add is actually polish in the form of the object generators(ships, stations etc.). And he also needs to properly flesh out the item and research system in the game.

This was never going to be a story-driven game in the first place so I have no idea what type of content people were expecting. It's a game about getting rich and building a space empire in any manner you choose. That's where the content lies. If he promised something more, I missed it, and I've been following this pretty closely.

News Comments > Limit Theory Video
2. Re: Limit Theory Video Dec 14, 2014, 13:40 Slashman

I dunno. X Rebirth had a team of 25 or so plus 7 years of work and look what they delivered.  

News Comments > X Rebirth Patch & Free DLC Released
13. Re: X Rebirth Patch & Free DLC Released Dec 12, 2014, 08:22 Slashman

Still constrained by the lack of more than one ship to fly. And further constrained by the limited upgrades available to the Skunk(really hate that ship name).

No options for cosmetic changes to it either so you're stuck with the awful asymmetrical design they chose even though they had a much cooler design on the books before. Rolleyes

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 7, 2014, 18:48 Slashman

Rossini wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 18:30:
Genesys wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 12:36:
Welcome back, Skyrim!
3+ years after it's release. My question is, who are all these people who haven't bought it until now?

No idea. Can't think of anyone I know who doesn't own it that plays PC games.

News Comments > Space Hulk Ascension: Imperial Fists Expansion This Month
10. Re: Space Hulk Ascension: Imperial Fists Expansion This Month Dec 4, 2014, 15:26 Slashman

verybad1 wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 13:11:
Sounds like one of those games that's directly transferred form the board game to the computer and doesn't take either of those platforms strengths and weaknesses into account.

Board games are fun because they're truly social (as in you have several people in the same room so dice roll based success/failure can be fun and even amusing. Computer games have the ability to take a lot more into account without slowing down the process, so can be more realistic.

Direct transfers never seem to work well IMO.

You are talking about the FIRST game. Ascension is the second game and exists to correct the problems caused by its predecessor. That's why it came out so relatively quickly after the first game. The first game is there for the direct boardgame translation and the second game is much more akin to an XCOM kind of experience (albeit with space marines and terrible monsters instead).

I can tell you that they play very differently. I had very little enthusiasm for the first game, but I definitely like and appreciate Ascension.

News Comments > Space Hulk Ascension: Imperial Fists Expansion This Month
2. Re: Space Hulk Ascension: Imperial Fists Expansion This Month Dec 4, 2014, 11:59 Slashman

Ascension is Space hulk done right for PC.

By far better than the first one and worth the money. 3 campaigns to choose from and proper RPG upgrade mechanics for the terminators.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Dec 2, 2014, 12:38 Slashman

jdreyer wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 12:17:
Verno wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 11:22:
I don't understand why people keep throwing money at this game and I suspect they don't know the reason either.

Because, SPACE.

You mean like the one between their ears?

News Comments > Defense Grid 2 Demo
5. Re: Defense Grid 2 Demo Nov 30, 2014, 23:12 Slashman

I don't understand the decision to remove flying creatures. That was a head scratcher.  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $65M
17. Re: Star Citizen at $65M Nov 30, 2014, 17:40 Slashman

Flatline wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 16:41:
Cutter wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 14:59:
I wonder how much of that surge had to do with pissed off ED players who asked for refunds and jumped on this instead.

That would be like cutting your dick off because you got stood up for a date.

What?!? You mean that's not a valid opt-... Oh damn!! Uhoh

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity DLC
5. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity DLC Nov 29, 2014, 19:11 Slashman

DarkCntry wrote on Nov 29, 2014, 14:54:
Fion wrote on Nov 29, 2014, 12:12:
Season Passes never include all the DLC when it's Ubisoft at the wheel.

Or Activison, or EA, or pretty much anyone when it comes to these things, most of them are pre-order 'bonuses'.

Add 2K to that list with Borderlands 2.

News Comments > Dark Souls GFWL/Steamworks Migration Delayed
3. Re: Dark Souls GFWL/Steamworks Migration Delayed Nov 27, 2014, 10:07 Slashman

KilrathiAce wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 06:12:
gfwl sucks

Like a 1200 horse power Hoover.

News Comments > Blackguards 2 in January
3. Re: Blackguards 2 in January Nov 26, 2014, 18:49 Slashman

Oh Steam Library, will there ever be a day when I can safely say I have thoroughly explored you and given each game its deserved attention and time?  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000 Armageddon
5. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000 Armageddon Nov 26, 2014, 18:35 Slashman

Alamar wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 17:43:
Hadn't heard this coming, and saw it on sale, so looked on the page... Looked at the screenies, which made me look for a 10 year old release date... Then I looked at the high price... Suffice it to say, I am thoroughly confused...

Me too. Should be priced around $15 IMO.

News Comments > Free Torchlight
3. Re: Free Torchlight Nov 26, 2014, 18:30 Slashman

I'd just get Torchlight 2.  

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access
17. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access Nov 25, 2014, 08:15 Slashman

So we have another Godus on our hands?  

News Comments > Original Elite for Free
2. Re: Original Elite for Free Nov 24, 2014, 10:52 Slashman

Why the original and not some of their more recent sequels?

It's wire frame graphics for crying out loud. They could have done better than this.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale This Week
8. Re: So many! Nov 23, 2014, 19:29 Slashman

Ant wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 18:56:
Where can I have free time and energy?

When you find out, tell the rest of us. Although seeing as how you're from the formicidae family, I won't hold my breath.

1604 Comments. 81 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo