Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wynn Reuter

Real Name Wynn Reuter   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ozmodan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 22, 2008, 12:50
Total Comments 1109 (Pro)
User ID 51995

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Feb 7, 2014, 10:24 Ozmodan

Who needs zombies in Rust when you have boatloads of cheaters playing?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 7, 2014, 10:22 Ozmodan

As usual Kotick is clueless as ever. Destiny to start with is a console only game. It will be superceded by the next big title within 6 months.

Servers will be offline within two years if they make it that long.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 5, 2014, 00:18 Ozmodan

I don't buy ebooks that have DRM, there are tons out there that don't have it, those that do can't be good books.  

News Comments > EverQuest Next Requires 64-bit OS
15. Re: EverQuest Next Requires 64-bit OS Feb 4, 2014, 11:08 Ozmodan

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 09:27:
It will be interesting to see if they hold their ground on this. I'm pretty sure there is a fairly large installed base of XP still. It's a reasonable thing to do, just not sure their customers are reasonable.

With XP support ending in April, only idiots will retain it as their OS. Even our old pc the kids use is getting upgraded in March. Can't imagine playing a game like this on XP, that has to mean you have not upgraded your computer in what 4 or 5 years, means you can't play the game anyway, your computer is too outdated.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 3, 2014, 11:47 Ozmodan

While the idiots at the market hope for a merger to cash in on, there is no way they are going to get regulatory approval at this time. Just like all the rumors about Time Warner, neither Comcast or Charter has a chance a merger will happen.

If anything we should be talking about breaking up AT&T and Verizon.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 2, 2014, 11:34 Ozmodan

Odd, both Dayz and Rust are just deluged with cheaters. Why do you buy a game that has cheaters at every corner?

People really like to subject themselves to abuse I guess.

News Comments > EA Class Action Suit Plans
16. Re: EA Class Action Suit Plans Feb 1, 2014, 22:43 Ozmodan

These class action nuts really crack me up. You were dumb enough to invest in EA and now you are suing because you lost money?

The judge should just toss the suite and fine them for a filing a frivolous one.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 1, 2014, 09:08 Ozmodan

Bad enough they cast him in the movie, now we are supposed to listen to him too?  

News Comments > Brad McQuaid/Richard Garriott Kickstarter Cross-Promotion
11. Re: Brad McQuaid/Richard Garriott Kickstarter Cross-Promotion Feb 1, 2014, 09:06 Ozmodan

Both of these games are the biggest scams on quickstarter. One is selling real estate, the other promises of old school, when it really is not old school at all, just his vision of it.

Fortunately I saw this coming and avoided both kickstarters.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 31, 2014, 15:19 Ozmodan

Why Microsoft thought people were going to switch to touch screens is absurd. Sure many laptops are coming out with them, but still most of us would much rather use a mouse and keyboard with a familiar interface.  

News Comments > Remember Me Developer Bankrupt
15. Re: Remember Me Developer Bankrupt Jan 31, 2014, 15:12 Ozmodan

These development houses always seem to forget that they must watch the finances. 38 Studios was the worst example of this. Too easy to get money in this genre, they forget the old adage, easy come easy go.

If the financial person does not have final say on expenses, it is just a matter of time before they self destruct. It does not matter if you make a decent game.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 31, 2014, 14:55 Ozmodan

EricFate wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 13:26:
Is there a separate fund somewhere we can donate to in order to make Brad McQuaid STOP making games?

Sign me up!

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Patched
1. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Patched Jan 29, 2014, 14:36 Ozmodan

Kids were playing this game this weekend and they ran into a couple invulnerable players during their sessions, hopefully this will alleviate this nasty activity.  

News Comments > EA Taking Lessons From Launching BF4
31. Re: EA Taking Lessons From Launching BF4 Jan 29, 2014, 14:33 Ozmodan

Now that is funny, EA worrying about releasing buggy software. Let's face it, not going to happen, release dates are far more important.  

News Comments > EA Financials
11. Re: EA Financials Jan 29, 2014, 07:41 Ozmodan

The irony of all this, the EA execs are still getting bonuses for losing all that money and the buggy crap they call games.  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jan 28, 2014, 13:46 Ozmodan

So absurd to attempt to put a monetary amount on pixels in a game. Most of those alliances have plenty of in game assets to replace it.

No idiot pays $5000 dollars for a ship in eve, ever.

News Comments > The Repopulation Funded
4. Re: The Repopulation Funded Jan 27, 2014, 15:25 Ozmodan

Too many promises and not enough staff or money to implement them.

If you wasted money on their kickstarter prepare to be majorly disappointed.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
13. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jan 27, 2014, 06:10 Ozmodan

4/8k phone thing is ridiculous. Phones are not going to be huge nor plugged into an external monitor in the near future so what is the point? The screen is really too small to do much with it, giving it more pixals solves no problem I know of.

Sure eventually the internals of the phones will be more robust and can interface with external peripherals, but that is not going to happen any time soon.

News Comments > SOE Boss: Next Game "Dedicated" to Star Wars Galaxies Fans
25. Re: SOE Boss: Next Game Jan 27, 2014, 06:04 Ozmodan

Cutter wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 02:15:
Ozmodan wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 19:50:
Cutter wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 18:26:
So it's a Wow Clone like EQ Next in space. In fact it'll probably just be EQ Next reskinned and slightly retooled.
Don't you know anything? If he is appealing to SWG fans it most certainly can't be a Wow clone. Do you even know the differences between those two games? One is a classic theme park the other a classic sandbox. Like night and day.

When it tuns out I'm right I'll gladly except your apology. EQ Next looks and plays like WoW, yet it is a sandbox game after a fashion and that's as close as it'll get to SWG. This is SOEs new modus operandi for MMOs. Just use some common sense, the writing is on the wall if you just look.

EQNext is not a sandbox in any shape or form, it has a rigid class structure which you will never find in a sandbox game. I won't argue with you about SOE, they have not done much at all in the genre in ages. This new game could be another POS, who knows. But I will say this, no one has had the guts lately to emulate the freedom that was found in SWG, if SOE can come close to that, I will give the game a look despite SOE's past history. If, of course it is another theme park they try to pass off as a sandbox, then forget it.

News Comments > Wings of Saint Nazaire Alpha
3. Re: Wings of Saint Nazaire Alpha Jan 26, 2014, 19:52 Ozmodan

Why do developers waste time with browser games? They are never ever very good. It is nothing like Wing Commander if they are doing it in a browser!  

1109 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo