Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wynn Reuter

Real Name Wynn Reuter   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ozmodan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 22, 2008, 12:50
Total Comments 1009 (Pro)
User ID 51995

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained
16. Re: Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained Aug 5, 2014, 12:58 Ozmodan

This started out like a house on fire, now it seems they spend more time on fluff than on the game anymore.

Problem I see here, they have gotten used to a constant flow of money and don't feel the need to be fiscally careful. This has doomed more games than anything else.

you have to start wondering if the game will ever be released in the form they are advertising. I have my doubts.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added
58. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added Aug 4, 2014, 09:10 Ozmodan

Personally I think this has gotten way out of hand. It was nice to fund a decent game at first, but now it has become a never ending cash flow and cash sink.

I do hope all these investors won't be disappointed when they see the finished product, because you can bet it will never meet the expectations of most of them. Ok, if you have money to burn, but if you are investing your games budget, you are making a mistake if you ask me.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
6. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Aug 4, 2014, 06:08 Ozmodan

When I saw that Belkin had purchased Linksys I knew the Linksys brand was in trouble. Even the Microcenter sales people are recommending other routers now.

Belkin routers have always been problems. I guess we can expect that of Linksys ones going forward.

I would love to cut cable, but being out in the country makes that impossible. $140 TW and I have maybe 5 HD channels. Ridiculous. At least their internet is worth it though.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 4, 2014, 06:03 Ozmodan

nin wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 12:18:
Guess Divinity is the new skyrim. Congrats to them!

I like rpgs, but did not like divinity. I don't see what all the excitement is about. I thought the controls were horrid. Story mediocre. Second time I have been burned this month, also was burned on Habitat.

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Aug 2, 2014, 05:06 Ozmodan

I got Habitat thinking it might be something the kids might like because you build things in space.

Boy what a waste of money. No instructions, horrible controls, this game is an out right loser from the start.

I could go to a university and find a group a students and make a far better game.

The devs are seriously bad designers.

News Comments > PC No Man's Sky Confirmed?
18. Re: PC No Man's Sky Confirmed? Aug 1, 2014, 16:07 Ozmodan

descender wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 14:24:
Until someone is delivering 100+ channels in 4K, I don't expect the adoption rate to be high enough to influence anything related to gaming. There will be another round of consoles before 4K becomes close to 'standard'. PC gaming has always outshone consoles, in every facet and any time period. 4k TV's aren't going to suddenly make people wise to that fact.

Yeah, I have heard that many times before. You should have seen the jaws drop on some console bigots the other day when my friend was running skyrim(which is not new by any means) on his 4k it really made the PS4 look bad running the same game.

4k TV's are going to be very popular in 2015, you watch. As to consoles, you will not see another iteration for at least 6 or 7 years if then. Even the pads will be much better than the consoles by then!

News Comments > PC No Man's Sky Confirmed?
14. Re: PC No Man's Sky Confirmed? Aug 1, 2014, 13:54 Ozmodan

The 4K TV's will doom the current consoles. It is inevitable. A friend has a really nice 4k tv that has a really nice gaming pc attached to it. There is no comparison between what games on the consoles look like and the PC. The PC makes them look bad.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 1, 2014, 13:39 Ozmodan

So a guy claims that he found many vulnerable AV products, yet he did not notify any of them. Another educated IDIOT. It seems the net breeds them like rats.

If I were a business, I would avoid his firm like the plague they are.

As to USB sticks, not sure where you work, but using them in any of the businesses I am familiar with is justification for instant firing and in fact just had a friend lose his job for using one.

As someone said below, there are no limits on email size unless you have an administrator that has an extremely low IQ. If you have limits you should have your boss get that email admin fired before he does something dumber than that.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Beta Begins
11. Re: Elite Dangerous Beta Begins Jul 30, 2014, 11:27 Ozmodan

Watching all the fools pony up money to play a so called beta. Beta's used to be about testing the product before release. Now it is releasing the product to earn cash. Calling this a beta is a hoot it is a release for the high rollers.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 29, 2014, 10:12 Ozmodan

glad I don't live in the UK, that would never fly in the US, at least I hope it will never.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 29, 2014, 10:11 Ozmodan

I avoid Intel laptops, might have to look into the Kaveri based ones. Intel's best GPU on the cpu die just outright sucks. Can't tell you how many people I have had to add a graphics card and power supply on desktops because they won't play kids games.

Of course with a laptop you are stuck with what you get, hence some advice, if the laptop has a intel graphics chip, avoid it unless of course it is only for business and you are not doing any sophisticated business graphics.

News Comments > Facepunch Announces Riftlight; Defends Rust
17. Re: Facepunch Announces Riftlight; Defends Rust Jul 28, 2014, 14:07 Ozmodan

A small shop like this loses focus fast when multiple titles are involved. I have Rust and I have not seen much in the way of any updates at all lately.

I think the Rust supporters have every right to complain, seems to me they have pretty much ignored Rust lately. Guess it is not bringing in that much cash anymore and they feel the need to put another game out there to gather more in.

I kind of knew that Rust was not going anywhere. Doubt I support any more of their products until they spend more time on Rust.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 27, 2014, 18:10 Ozmodan

Personally I feel ripped off buying Divinity: Original Sin. I just do not see what people are raving about. Even the kids thought it was hokie. Funny thing is I do like rpg games too.

Trying to compare this game to Baldur's gate series is a travesty, those games, old as they are, were much better than this game.

News Comments > Firefly Online Trailer
7. Re: Firefly Online Trailer Jul 27, 2014, 18:03 Ozmodan

Let me guess, browser based and using the Unity Engine - complete POS.

Why would Fox let a bunch of idiots like this mess up a great IP?

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Jul 23, 2014, 12:59 Ozmodan

The problem with this industry, it has far too many immature male kids in it and that sadly has nothing to do with age. Hence they really have a problem working with any female.

If women think it will get better by complaining that seems a lot of wishful thinking.

News Comments > Areal Fundraising Resumes In-House
13. Re: Areal Fundraising Resumes In-House Jul 23, 2014, 12:52 Ozmodan

What a bunch of babbling morons. This is what happens when you get a bunch of immature kids who think that because they have some programming skills they are awesome.

At least KS finally caught on to their shenanigans and cut them off.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 22, 2014, 22:01 Ozmodan

Have to love clueless pundits who write about a product like it is already on the market. The Fire phone is not available to the public until July 26th.

News Comments > Gearbox on Battleborn & Borderlands 3
5. Re: Gearbox on Battleborn & Borderlands 3 Jul 22, 2014, 13:30 Ozmodan

Pure nonsense, Battleborn is clearly a MOBA. Who do they think they are kidding?  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 21, 2014, 13:41 Ozmodan

The capacity of cell towers is grossly underused, especially when it comes to 4G. Data caps have nothing to do with the ability of cell towers to handle the traffic nor the subsequent connections, it has all to do with AT&T and Verizon making money.  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 20, 2014, 18:16 Ozmodan

Clueless parents who do not have the faintest idea what their kid is up to. He gets out on bail and the parent lets him use a computer again? Priceless!

Someone should sue the parents, maybe they will get out of the self denial state.

1009 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo