Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wynn Reuter

Real Name Wynn Reuter   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ozmodan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 22, 2008, 12:50
Total Comments 1073 (Pro)
User ID 51995

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization May 19, 2014, 12:20 Ozmodan

I have always known the people yelling that tablets were owning computers was nonsense. As the article points out, the doers find little use for them.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 19, 2014, 12:19 Ozmodan

So unless you are a heavy graphics user and the software you use is available for Unix, what good is Ubuntu to anyone with an expensive video card?  

8. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 14, 2014, 14:04 Ozmodan

Dagnamit wrote on May 14, 2014, 12:50:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 14, 2014, 11:52:
Wallshadows wrote on May 14, 2014, 11:46:
That's good and all, AMD, but aren't the retailers tagging on an inflated pricing scheme due to the demand from bitcoin miners and pocketing all that extra chunk of change?

Well, there should be 0 demand from bitcoin miners at this stage, because mine rate is below power cost for GPU mining nowadays.... also I think a currency that is just wasting power is one of the absolutely dumbest things to ever surface in this world. Bitcoin actually has a very real cost to society attached to it, both in CO2 emissions, power usage and general resource waste. Power, after all, does not come from renewable sources in most countries...

So Bitcoin is actually contributing to climate change.... ;p

It's kind of a ripoff at $249.00. It's just a rebadged 7950 which could be had, a year ago, for about $199.00 on newegg BEFORE rebates.

Yep, still over priced. I can get a comparable Nvidia for under $200 and I don't have to put up with the constant driver problems from AMD.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
8. Battery Life May 14, 2014, 13:56 Ozmodan

Exactly why I still carry a iPhone 3gs, it's battery life owns all the newer ones big time.

Commuting to work or on a trip, give me a driverless car any day in the week.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation May 14, 2014, 13:53 Ozmodan

Exactly why I will never buy an Xbox. That paywall is just absurd. You would think that Microsoft would realize what an inconvenience it is. They must hire their marketing types from one of those buy your degree universities.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 13, 2014, 08:19 Ozmodan

Redmask wrote on May 12, 2014, 23:24:
Ozmodan wrote on May 12, 2014, 19:20:
Ars Technica has some good articles, but don't you dare disagree with them on the forums, if you post a dissenting opinion you will assuredly get banned.

I really have to wonder why liberals can't stand to have someone disagree with them, especially when they post things they can't back up with facts.

I try to stay middle of the road myself, but the idea of a forum should be one of various opinions. One sided forums reek of editors that are highly biased and cannot be trusted to present articles that actually discuss facts.

No Ars just has guidelines against trolling. There are people from all walks of life and all viewpoints there. This place is just really lenient, you can't get away with the kind of trolling I see here on other websites.

have to disagree with you. To them, if you post a comment that disagrees with the article they use the ban hammer. They are really sensitive to anything that disagrees with their views on global warming.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 12, 2014, 19:20 Ozmodan

Ars Technica has some good articles, but don't you dare disagree with them on the forums, if you post a dissenting opinion you will assuredly get banned.

I really have to wonder why liberals can't stand to have someone disagree with them, especially when they post things they can't back up with facts.

I try to stay middle of the road myself, but the idea of a forum should be one of various opinions. One sided forums reek of editors that are highly biased and cannot be trusted to present articles that actually discuss facts.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 12, 2014, 11:22 Ozmodan

Kind of scary that corporate money is so influential. I will say this for google, so far they seem to be supporting the right causes. Copyright law is at a ridiculous stage now, with the idiots in congress continuing to increase their length.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse May 12, 2014, 11:10 Ozmodan

Looks like Mr Wheeler has decided it is time to backpedal a bit.

Hopefully we will eventually get broadband designated a public utility to rectify the mess it is now.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed May 10, 2014, 10:51 Ozmodan

Yep  

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 9, 2014, 17:59 Ozmodan

Beats is way over priced for what they offer. The only reason they sell is they advertise to the kids as a status symbol.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Destiny May 6, 2014, 13:12 Ozmodan

No way are they going to earn back that much money on Destiny without a PC version. Kotick has finally flipped his lid. The idiots running this business.

Maybe this will be the final straw to kick Kotick out of his office.

News Comments > Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations
35. Re: Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations May 5, 2014, 15:22 Ozmodan

Zenimax is just another patent troll here. Oculus gave them a chance to participate and the flat out refused. Bad decisions are always blamed on another.  

News Comments > On Advanced Warfare Realism and Sledghammer's Cancelled Game
6. Re: On Advanced Warfare Realism and Sledghammer's Cancelled Game May 5, 2014, 11:37 Ozmodan

Sign me up :))  

News Comments > EVE Online Kronos Next Month
3. Re: EVE Online Kronos Next Month May 3, 2014, 13:29 Ozmodan

Funny they are redoing the mineral processing side but still cannot fix the most boring aspect of the game, mining. I decided to do some mining last night and could not find a near by asteroid field that had any ore, they were all mined out. Absolutely absurd!

Mining is sadly thoroughly broken and no effort by CCP is upcoming to fix it. Their priorities, as usual, only lie with the old vets in 0.0

News Comments > Transformers Universe Founders Packs On Sale
7. Re: Transformers Universe Founders Packs On Sale May 2, 2014, 17:03 Ozmodan

check out the astounding price for a BROWSER game no less.

Anyone who gives them any money has lost their mind!

News Comments > H1Z1 Gameplay Footage
1. Re: H1Z1 Gameplay Footage Apr 30, 2014, 09:31 Ozmodan

Pardon me while I yawn. What a waste of programming resources.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Daylight
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Daylight Apr 29, 2014, 21:06 Ozmodan

It is a terrible game. The developers evidently have no clue how to make a game.  

News Comments > Heroes & Generals Trailer; Update Plans
1. Re: Heroes & Generals Trailer; Update Plans Apr 29, 2014, 10:25 Ozmodan

It is laughable they try to call this a MMO in any shape or form  

News Comments > Is Destiny Destined for PCs?
3. Re: Is Destiny Destined for PCs? Apr 28, 2014, 18:08 Ozmodan

Just shows what an idiot he is. Both of the new consoles use basically intel technology. Adapting it to Windows can't be that big a deal. Wonder if anyone at Bungie grasps the fact that their player base will disappear with the next shooter that is released. That is the fate of most console games.  

1073 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo