Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wynn Reuter

Real Name Wynn Reuter   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ozmodan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 22, 2008, 12:50
Total Comments 1004 (Pro)
User ID 51995

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > SOE on H1Z1 vs DayZ
7. Re: SOE on H1Z1 vs DayZ Apr 20, 2014, 15:16 Ozmodan

Smedley has totally flipped his lid on this game. It is going NOWHERE! What a complete waste of development staff. I have always known him to be an idiot, but now we see he is way beyond that and in fact a complete imbecile!

How challenging is killing zombies? It gets boring as hell fast!. So all they have left is pvp and there FAR BETTER pvp games out there than this one will ever be.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 18, 2014, 09:13 Ozmodan

Both of these companies are fruitcakes. You can't trademark a common name like candy or saga.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
19. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 16, 2014, 15:23 Ozmodan

avianflu wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 15:00:
It doesnt help matters that SONY has little liquidity and its stocks are at junk status.

money.cnn.com/2014/01/27/technology/sony-downgrade-junk

Exactly. Would not be surprised if they attempt to sell off SOE, of course I doubt anyone would be interested in buying it as the division is pretty far behind the times when it comes to games.

As to Bungie, when they only put a MMO on a platform like consoles where people usually only play games for short periods before moving to the next one, the entire company is under brain dead management.

News Comments > World of Darkness Cancelled
7. Re: World of Darkness Cancelled Apr 14, 2014, 13:38 Ozmodan

CCP instead of canceling the project they should have hired someone familiar with sandbox like Ralf Koster. What a complete waste. Does not say much for CCP if you ask me.

They are going to eventually sink with Eve, because they cannot keep pleasing the vets without alienating the newer players and the rulesets heavily favor veterans, especially those that play in the pvp open areas.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Premium Beta
34. Re: Elite Dangerous Premium Beta Apr 10, 2014, 18:59 Ozmodan

When are all these fools going to realize they are being taken for a ride by Frontier. Like P.T. Barnum said, "There is a fool born every second". Best quote ever!  

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! Unchained Revealed
4. Re: Orcs Must Die! Unchained Revealed Apr 10, 2014, 18:57 Ozmodan

Great another MOBA, unfortunately, people are getting rather tired of them.  

News Comments > Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced
28. Re: Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced Apr 10, 2014, 18:56 Ozmodan

Ho hum another zombie game, how original. Good luck trying to compete in a very crowded marketplace. Originally is not Smedley's strong point.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Specs
1. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Specs Apr 8, 2014, 12:50 Ozmodan

Rather stiff specs for this game, tend to think these guys don't really have a good grasp on programing a game like this.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 7, 2014, 13:39 Ozmodan

Ford is already dumping windows in the car as it's digital display is abased on it and is a compete disaster. Most of the reviews down grade ford cars because of this. A marketing disaster.  

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 7, 2014, 13:36 Ozmodan

Emulators always have problems. No developer ever follows all the rules, they often break them subsequently breaking the emulator.

Personally, if you buy the xbox one it is mainly for the enhanced graphics and you won't have that in a emulator. So what is the point?

News Comments > On ESO Charges
20. Re: On ESO Charges Apr 7, 2014, 13:33 Ozmodan

Darks wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 12:27:
Verno wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 12:22:
Ozmodan wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 12:04:
You should never have to enter payment information initially. I am glad I did not purchase this game just because of that. I could care less that it is subscription, but telling me I can't play because I don't enter a credit card that is ludicrous.

Ideally the game should just come with a one time game code that gives you a month of use. Let's be honest though, companies just farm the wallets of the people who forget to unsub the second month. Doesn't solve the gold farmer problem but I think those kinds of issues should be dealt with separately.

I have to disagree with you there Verno, This is done for one reason. Itís to prevent anyone with a copy of the game to play it for free. Anyone that has a copy installed from either the beta or a friendís account could just jump on with their account and start playing for those 30 days.

They make you use a credit card but you are not charged for those 30 days. If someone forgets. Then that has to fall on the person forgetting. You canít blame a company for trying to protect their assets from the free loaders.

And yes, there are cd keys involved to. So In some ways I guess it could be done without making you put a card in first.

I guess I forgot to make my point, if I wait until the last day to decide, I still my get charged for a sub I did not want and I have to go through the hassle of taking it off my charge, and like many of us, I tend to forget when the 30 day limit is due.

News Comments > On ESO Charges
12. Re: On ESO Charges Apr 7, 2014, 12:04 Ozmodan

You should never have to enter payment information initially. I am glad I did not purchase this game just because of that. I could care less that it is subscription, but telling me I can't play because I don't enter a credit card that is ludicrous.

News Comments > Elder Scrolls Online Launch Prep
35. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Launch Prep Apr 4, 2014, 10:05 Ozmodan

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 09:35:
Darks wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 20:18:
Osc8r wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 20:06:
mlw wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 19:40:
Do movie theaters let you watch movies for free?
Do restaurants let you eat for free?

Welcome To The Real World.

You mean the real world where there are better MMO's than ESO and which don't have a monthly fee attached?

This ESO MMO is as generic as they come - there is simply no justification for the monthly fee in THIS CASE considering their competition.

Give it time, i'm sure they too will realise this.

Glad you are enjoying it though! Half a dozen beta's were more than enough for me.

Yea, says you. Ill take a monthly sub any day of a free to play model. the F2P model nickel and dimes you to death for almost anything you need or what to do In the game.

And since when has a monthly sub now become bad?

Because it has a pay 2 win store as well as a sub.

There is no pay-2-win equipment in the store in TSO. Know what you are talking about before spouting nonsense. Nothing worse than someone throwing around terms they have no clue what they actually mean.

As to the sub option, if you want to enjoy any of the "AAA" games that have gone f2p you still have to sub to them. Playing any of them for free is just a very frustrating experience. What is the big deal, if you like a game pay for it. F2P games that don't have a sub option end up milking your wallet for far more than a normal sub. I get so tired of explaining this to the ill-informed. Wake up!

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance
9. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance Apr 3, 2014, 13:37 Ozmodan

Another plants vs zombies and the AI sucks. What a waste of money, the kids figured it out in about 20 minutes. Talk about boring repetition.  

News Comments > The International Ticket Sales Friday
1. Re: The International Ticket Sales Friday Apr 1, 2014, 16:54 Ozmodan

Can't imagine paying money to watch people play video games.  

News Comments > Caffeine Trailer; Crowdfunding
11. Re: Caffeine Trailer; Crowdfunding Apr 1, 2014, 16:51 Ozmodan

No weapons? Boo!  

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Early Access
22. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2014, 11:02 Ozmodan

Rigs wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 08:12:
When the game was revealed, most of (that's 95% or more) the comments were positive, including my own. I fucking CHERISH GalCiv2! I've spent more hours in that game than most games I've played in the last decade...combined! I'm in the middle of one right now, in fact, after taking some time off from it to play Distant Worlds. Stardock has a very good record with me concerning things they do (I didn't play Elemental, so that whole thing wasn't a big deal for me).

I think we need to step back and think about this for a second. When E:D's alpha came in at an extreme price, some balked but most just shrugged it off. Now Stardock does the same with GC3 and you guys give them the virtual finger? WTF?! They're not trying to pull some WARZ bullshit. They tell you what the condition of the game is and what you get for the price. I don't see a problem. And that's not just because I'm an admitted fanboy (yes...YES! I confess! GIVE ME, GIVE ME, GIVE ME!!! )

There might be a particular reason for it, like E:D. They want people that are serious. They don't just want people that want to play and see what it's like. They want, basically, beta testers. And let's not beat around the bush anymore, guys. No matter how much you wish it otherwise (and I do as well), the path this industry is taking is that if gamers want in on development of games and want to participate, the GAMER will have to pay, not the dev or publisher. That's just the way it's going to be. I think the days of demos and free public beta testing are over (with the exception, of course, of BF4...HA! ooh, BURN! *tsss*)

=-Rigs-=

Well sorry to burst your bubble, but if you read the comments on Steam more than half are negative, in fact some very negative. Pair that with the positive comments being weak at best with "hoping for more to come" comments predominating.

When you put out an unfinished product and than charge a rather outrageous price for it, it does not say much for your studio. Reading some of the comments on Steam the game seems like a GSII with a few new wrinkles. Hardly worth $100. Far as I am concerned Stardock is heading downhill fast.

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Early Access
8. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Early Access Mar 27, 2014, 21:23 Ozmodan

Stardock is digging a hole here, they had better be careful because they could easily lose what little fan base they have left. Unless they made major changes to combat I don't see this game going anywhere.  

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Mar 27, 2014, 11:36 Ozmodan

Entropia is one of the biggest scams on the internet.  

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 26, 2014, 18:04 Ozmodan

CrimsonPaw wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 11:24:
Ozmodan wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 09:45:
Well since the playstation 1 & 2 processors were completely different, that means they are relying on emulation code which never works very well.
If they can get PS2 emulation to work on the PS3, they can surely get it to work on the PS4. I'm sure it'll be buggy initially but after they get the kinks worked out I can see it being a huge success.

Wrong, they never had any PS2, emulation on the PS3. They put a PS2 chip on the PS3 motherboard for a short period.

1004 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo