Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wynn Reuter

Real Name Wynn Reuter   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ozmodan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 22, 2008, 12:50
Total Comments 1071 (Pro)
User ID 51995

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 21, 2014, 13:41 Ozmodan

The capacity of cell towers is grossly underused, especially when it comes to 4G. Data caps have nothing to do with the ability of cell towers to handle the traffic nor the subsequent connections, it has all to do with AT&T and Verizon making money.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 20, 2014, 18:16 Ozmodan

Clueless parents who do not have the faintest idea what their kid is up to. He gets out on bail and the parent lets him use a computer again? Priceless!

Someone should sue the parents, maybe they will get out of the self denial state.

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
9. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 20, 2014, 18:09 Ozmodan

Sorry I was just laughing at his backers. What did they think would happen when you give that much money to a kid?

Lack of fiscal control is what happens to many of these game developments, look at that mess in Rhode Island. The idiots there had 400 people on the payroll, even my 4 year old niece can tell you that 400 people will eat through your funding faster than you can replace it.

I have funded a few kickstarters, but I make sure they have someone who can count running it or at least in control of the money!

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jul 20, 2014, 05:53 Ozmodan

Why to go google. The games that are actually free are few and far between.  

News Comments > Subscription MMOG Market Analysis
13. Re: Subscription MMOG Market Analysis Jul 19, 2014, 12:21 Ozmodan

Personally, none of the subscription games sell anything other than fluff in their shops. On the other side of the coin, for most of the f2p games, buying in the shop is the ONLY way to be competitive. You can ignore the idiots who have no life and manage to play those games free as they are a tiny minority.  

News Comments > Sims 2 Support Ending
3. Re: Sims 2 Support Ending Jul 16, 2014, 10:03 Ozmodan

Yep, they want you to keep buying Sims +1, have to keep the money flowing....  

News Comments > Community Suggested Changes for Battlefield Hardline
8. Re: Community Suggested Changes for Battlefield Hardline Jul 16, 2014, 10:02 Ozmodan

I rarely buy EA products anymore, the competition is just that much better and I don't feel like my wallet has been frisked every time I play a game.

The kids wanted this game and I refused to buy it.

News Comments > Gigantic Announced
8. Re: Gigantic Announced Jul 16, 2014, 07:18 Ozmodan

Enough with the MOBA's they just breed nastiness in the players.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 11, 2014, 11:45 Ozmodan

Marketing gibberish if you ask me.

Resolution differences are only noticeable to nitpickers and they are a small minority. Frame rate issues on the other hand are noticeable to almost anyone.

Then again I would not waste money on a console unless you have kids in the house, computers are far superior. I suppose if I had to buy one, I would probably go with the Sony.

I never did grasp why the Kinnect bundle option was the only one, most games still don't support it, or don't support it well. That was a braindead marketing issue.

News Comments > Habitat Early Access
1. Re: Habitat Early Access Jul 8, 2014, 13:39 Ozmodan

Tried it, was curious, there are no instructions and all I managed to do was attach a laser to my station which promptly blew up half the station.

Unless you have many hours to waste figuring how this game works, I would avoid it at this time.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 3, 2014, 12:07 Ozmodan

All MOBA's = extremely toxic community.

I play games to have fun, not get constantly screamed at.

News Comments > Transformers Universe Beta Opens Tomorrow
3. Re: Transformers Universe Beta Opens Tomorrow Jul 3, 2014, 12:05 Ozmodan

Browser game that is definitely NOT free despite their misleading advertising.

Not a very good game to start with and goes downhill from there.

News Comments > WildStar Updated
9. Re: WildStar Updated Jul 1, 2014, 15:43 Ozmodan

Personally, I just don't get guildwar players. Game is just too easy. That equals boring to me. I do like the fact that Wildstar is challenging, but the cartoony stuff really is lame. Not going to sub because of it.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 29, 2014, 13:42 Ozmodan

As usual, the FCC is completely out of touch with what it regulates. There is basically NO completion when it comes to internet services in the majority of places in this country. Only an imbecile could think otherwise, of course the FCC is loaded with them.  

News Comments > WoW: Warlords of Draenor Beta Underway
1. Re: WoW: Warlords of Draenor Beta Underway Jun 29, 2014, 13:34 Ozmodan

I resubscribed a couple months ago, I might have played 3 or 4 days before tossing it to the pc trash barrel again.

It was a fun game at release, but it is not any more.

News Comments > Stolen Sniper Elite 3 Keys Banned
44. Re: Stolen Sniper Elite 3 Keys Banned Jun 29, 2014, 11:11 Ozmodan

Darkmancer wrote on Jun 29, 2014, 09:20:
A smackhead nicks your phone and sells it to a phone shop for 20/$. Do you think that apple should block the phone even though the phone shop didn't know it was stolen despite being very cheap?

It wasn't the final distributors that the keys were stolen from. The keys were stolen from either Rebellion/Publisher or an entirely different distributor and it's they who still actually own the keys and can block them. It's Rebellions duty to discourage crime although it will piss people of, by blocking the keys it'll (hopefully) make the second set of distributors more careful where they trawl for keys next time.

Ah a voice of sanity finally. The conspiracy theories were getting old.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jun 28, 2014, 19:55 Ozmodan

The supreme court said you cannot patent mathematical formulas so that pretty much tells me that all software patents are illegal as every last one of them is a mathematical formula.  

News Comments > Stolen Sniper Elite 3 Keys Banned
18. Re: Stolen Sniper Elite 3 Keys Banned Jun 28, 2014, 19:51 Ozmodan

It looks like the keys were purchased by one entity and then subsequently sold to others, Rebellion did not like that and suspended the keys.

This will probably get sorted out, the distributors who had their keys suspended need to talk to Rebellion to get new keys.

As to a scam being perpetuated, I think that is a figment of some very over active imaginations.

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Jun 27, 2014, 12:19 Ozmodan

Reading the responses to the ARS article you would think none of these people had ever played a hard core game. Eve is hard core, Wildstar is just another themepark that is a shade more difficult than average.

Personally, I had enough cartoons in Wow. That turned me off right away to start with.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 26, 2014, 08:04 Ozmodan

Diesel punk? Come on, a vivid imagination is no excuse to go overboard. It seems like everyone has to separate themselves from the rest of the market to get noticed. Hilarious.  

1071 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo