Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wynn Reuter

Real Name Wynn Reuter   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ozmodan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 22, 2008, 12:50
Total Comments 1073 (Pro)
User ID 51995

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fractured Space Announced
10. Re: Fractured Space Announced Oct 22, 2014, 16:36 Ozmodan

Soon as they announce free-to-play it immediately becomes POS!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > John Riccitiello New Unity CEO
8. Re: John Riccitiello New Unity CEO Oct 22, 2014, 16:35 Ozmodan

Well the price on Unity just skyrocketed not that it makes much of a difference, no serious developer would ever use it.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 21, 2014, 05:48 Ozmodan

Funny, the media had the laptop dead and gone with the popularity of the pads, now all of a sudden the new ipads with minor changes are not selling well.

Only so much you can do on a pad. Even with a keypad it is hard to type on.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Expands
27. Re: Star Trek Online Expands Oct 19, 2014, 09:02 Ozmodan

Have you even played the game? It is so unStarTrek like as to be absurd!  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Expands
20. Re: Star Trek Online Expands Oct 18, 2014, 22:12 Ozmodan

When I found out you had to steer your ship to shoot at things, I dropped this POS like a hot potato.

A very bad attempt at trying to capture the magic of Star Trek.

I almost gagged when I saw this comment " spacecombat is some of the best I've seen" Seriously? When and in what universe did any Star Trek captain have to steer his ship to aim it? Enough said, it is most definite no implementation of any Star Trek I have ever seen!

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Fist of Jesus
2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Fist of Jesus Oct 17, 2014, 22:13 Ozmodan

These guys must have found some LSD around somewhere.  

News Comments > Hatred Announced
2. Re: Hatred Announced Oct 16, 2014, 19:45 Ozmodan

Sounds really sick, hope it is adults only rated.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 14, 2014, 13:20 Ozmodan

#1 don't make it available for phones. Damn screen is too small. Tried the Bards Tale on my phone, almost impossible to play it because of the screen size!  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 11, 2014, 12:29 Ozmodan

Yep Uber's surge pricing has gotten them in hot water quite a few times. Columbus city council has now regulated them and nixed any form of surge pricing. First instance of such will get them banned from the city.  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
7. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 11, 2014, 12:25 Ozmodan

LOL, if that is not a rip off I don't know what is. $1700 for an I3 with a 32 gb ssd? $2000 for an I5. The I5 configuration is very similar to what I use and I only spent about $600 on it and mine is very quiet. Does not fit behind the TV though, but I could care less.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 8, 2014, 15:08 Ozmodan

It would be nice if one of these survialist games stood above the crowd.

Will take a wait and see on this one.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 8, 2014, 06:20 Ozmodan

I used to use Belkin routers, but got tired of all the issues they had and abysmal support that I got from Belkin. Unfortunately they have now acquired Linksys from Cisco.

Avoiding both brands is now highly recommended, there are lots of routers out there from companies that support their products.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 8, 2014, 06:16 Ozmodan

Paying money to watch someone play a computer game? I can think of a million other things to spend money on.  

News Comments > Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations
35. Re: Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations Oct 8, 2014, 06:13 Ozmodan

Seriously, after watching the utube videos, if you want a Lord of the Rings fix, go play Turbine's game, at least you can't run through the entire game in a few hours and the story is MUCH better anyways.

Jim Sterling in my opinion was too nice. Anyone posting utube videos under these conditions should be royally roasted.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced
22. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced Oct 6, 2014, 22:13 Ozmodan

It is a game, the lore is all made up anyways, if you don't like the story then don't play it.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 6, 2014, 22:00 Ozmodan

Fantaz wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 21:52:
CrimsonPaw wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 21:24:
That's bullshit, I want my extra 180 Ps!

i want my extra 30 fps (for full 60 fps)

"next-gen" consoles are a joke

Yep, glad I did not waste money on them as the kids wanted.

News Comments > METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES w/4K Support in December
8. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES w/4K Support in December Oct 6, 2014, 21:56 Ozmodan

Won't ever see 4k on a console :))  

News Comments > ArcheAge Hits 2M Players
35. Re: Nothing like UO... Oct 4, 2014, 10:27 Ozmodan

Respen wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 18:57:
JohnBirshire wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 18:07:
Damn, from reading you guys comments this does sound pretty sweet. I often reminisce about the good ol' UO days. Wonder if i can break into peoples houses and clean them out like i could in UO?

As a long time UO player who started in 97...this game is nothing like Ultima Online, I don't know what people making that correlation are smoking. UO was skill based, this game will be a gear grind. In UO people lost everything they were carrying when they died, in this game, they lose nothing. In UO you could break into people's houses and steal everything in it, in this game...nope. There are a few things in this game that you could stretch and argue is like Ultima Online, but none of what actually made the game fun.

Oh, and if you play with invert mouse, don't even bother downloading it. PC Gaming 101, and they can't even get that right. This game is a fad, and is only getting attention because there isn't much else that's new at the moment. As soon as there is, people will quickly move on.

Nothing like UO? What about the red/purple pvp system? How about, while not exactly the same, crafting is actually essential again and very player driven. World travel being meaningful. Player housing is nearly identical, and improved upon (btw, stealing from houses was patched out very early in UO too). How about getting substantial gains for use in pve/pvp while doing tradeskills? The game is also non instanced. I could go on. While not skill based, the skillsets can be leveled and hotswapped for some very unique combinations.

I played UO from about 2 weeks after launch, this is the first time a sword and sorcery game has felt anything like it to me. Yes, I've played Lineage 2 and Aion.

If you are going to hate, hate, but the similarities are obvious and I could go on with them. Just because they don't have the exact same leveling system and the housing system doesn't match the few months of house looting allowed in UO doesn't mean they aren't similar.

Player looting, while I agree it is fun, would just be too harsh in this game, because as you say... armor is worth so much more than it was in UO. So you've got a point there.

From a long term UO player, you are crazy, it is NOTHING like the old UO. How you could even think that means you have completely forgotten what old UO looked like.

News Comments > ArcheAge Hits 2M Players
33. Re: ArcheAge Hits 2M Players Oct 4, 2014, 10:24 Ozmodan

Yakubs wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 12:54:
Really fun game. The questing in the beginning is annoying and tedious but once you get past that, it really opens up.

IMO the fact that there are hacks and crazy shit going on just makes the game more fun. We're living in a world where our corporate overlords like Blizzard and EA keep tight control over everything we do in-game so it's nice to play a game like this again. It's just a video game after all, not your real life.

Seriously, how could anyone have fun in a PVP game where others are cheating, unless of course you are one of the ones cheating?

The bots and gold spam along with the obvious cheating make this a sure fire NO PLAY for most of us.

News Comments > Skyforge Invasions Trailer
2. Re: Skyforge Invasions Trailer Oct 2, 2014, 20:33 Ozmodan

Browser game and not very good at that.  

1073 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo