Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 15638 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 19, 2014, 09:21 Verno

I'm cautiously optimistic on it. Infamous 1 & 2 were fun but flawed games with often rage inducing difficulty spikes. I hope that they toned down the bullet hell enemy AI and tweaked the controls, the clumsy cover and traversal was annoying in the middle of combat.  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers
6. Re: New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers Feb 19, 2014, 08:48 Verno

Shadowplay is really impressive, I've been taking clips of BF gameplay lately and its just handy as hell.  

News Comments > Titanfall Closed Beta Begins Friday
7. Re: Titanfall Closed Beta Begins Friday Feb 12, 2014, 10:55 Verno

If more players doesn't mean more fun then I don't see how people are rationalizing the AI bots that take their place. People say the AI is horrible too, I hope to get into the beta and observe first hand though.  

News Comments > EA: Battlefield 4 "Exceedingly Successful;" Complaints Are "Noise"
10. Re: EA: Battlefield 4 Feb 12, 2014, 10:28 Verno

Brace yourselves. The "FIX THE NETCODE!" comments are coming.

Of course they're coming, there are fundamental problems with some aspects of the gunplay. This is readily apparent even in just a simple comparison of BF3 to BF4 and has been documented in numerous videos. I can't count the number of times I've been killed by a guy who is staring at a wall, kill traded with another player or etc. People get that multiplayer FPS design is complicated and that hiding latency is never a perfect science but there are issues to be fixed here and it is certainly a step back from BF3 in this area despite improvements in many others.

News Comments > EA: Battlefield 4 "Exceedingly Successful;" Complaints Are "Noise"
7. Re: EA: Battlefield 4 Feb 12, 2014, 10:24 Verno

I think my problem with the Battlefield franchise is that development is supposed to be iterative. Developers are supposed to learn from their mistakes and subsequent games in a franchise shouldn't have earlier problems. BF4 is a case study in how Dice never seems to learn from its mistakes.

Gunplay in BF3 was good and yet somehow they have regressed in this "sequel". Balance tweaks from the prior game are undone then repeated for no seeming reason. Map design is all over the place again and it takes months to get older maps that were proven back into the game, if they appear at all. The sheer amount of bugs and other silliness is astounding, some of them were game breaking and others very minor but stupidly overlooked. One of the same joystick bugs from BF3 is still around in BF4. A lot of these things get pointed out in the worlds most pointless beta process I've ever participated in, only to be told "its fixed in a newer build". Then later on you discover that no it wasn't fixed.

They launched this game 8 months too early and that's being generous. Now that the PC version is mostly fixed up its a fun game, balance and other issues aside. It's just frustrating that we seem to do this whole song and dance every time. Why aren't they building on what they have? We don't need to reinvent the wheel every time and in many ways BF4 isn't a drastic departure from BF3 so it begs the question why it has so many more problems.

I like Battlefield because there isn't really anything else like it on the market but its a frustrating experience at times and that's without going into how the community for the game continues to degrade.

This comment was edited on Feb 12, 2014, 10:29.

News Comments > Scant State of Decay Expansion Details
2. Re: Scant State of Decay Expansion Details Feb 12, 2014, 09:54 Verno

Agreed. I didn't care for the 360 version much but when I got the PC version and started modding it I had a blast.  

News Comments > Sons of Anarchy Game Plans Redux
1. Re: Sons of Anarchy Game Plans Redux Feb 12, 2014, 09:54 Verno

Sutter has a history of bullshit and SOA has been garbage for awhile now so I can't say I care much about this.  

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
37. Re: Morning Screenshots Feb 11, 2014, 15:54 Verno

mlw wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 20:17:
Ignore the trolls in this forum who have only watched youtube videos and have never been in game. I have been in several betas and I enjoy this game. The questing is the best of any MMO I've played with good stories.

Sure, there are still some bugged animations, but these can be fixed. The world graphics are excellent. Of course, they are not better than Skyrim, as some have said elsewhere.

ESO is as close to playing Skyrim with your friends as you will ever see. There is an open beta on the way, try it out for yourself and make your own decision.

Hahaha whatever, at least Youtube videos have the excuse of being a passive experience, this was just really by the numbers and unengaging. I love all things Elder Scrolls but they didn't do a very good job of differentiating this from any other MMO I've played and the combat engine almost put me to sleep.

Slim I highly suggest trying the open beta for awhile, do not preorder this sight unseen as it has the potential for massive disappointment.

News Comments > Dying Light Trailer Teased a New Trailer
6. Re: Dying Light Trailer Teased a New Trailer Feb 11, 2014, 12:39 Verno

Yeah not going to bother with this until many user reviews confirm its not just another Dead Island beta.  

News Comments > Evolve Trailer; Previews; Interview
9. Re: Evolve Trailer; Previews; Interview Feb 11, 2014, 10:39 Verno

Nothing there to really judge so *shrug*.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 11, 2014, 10:02 Verno

"Xbox reading" jesus christ.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
6. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 11, 2014, 08:47 Verno

Yeah I don't care for reading books on tablets at all, ereaders++.  

News Comments > Adam Orth Making a Game - Deal With It
29. Re: Adam Orth Making a Game - Deal With It Feb 11, 2014, 08:46 Verno

and he suggests that some of the twists in the story are allegories to his experience.

What a pretentious douche. How about this for a twist? You were obnoxious in a public medium and people responded in the manner most deserving. This guy acts like he was bullied all throughout childhood or something, victim complex.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
20. Re: Morning Screenshots Feb 10, 2014, 13:29 Verno

Cutter wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 12:07:
It's a console game. And it not only doesn't move forward but takes steps backwards on several fronts. $60 plus a monthly sub for this is laughable at best. F2P within 6 months, definitely inside a year. Bethsoft wasted a ton of money on this.

They'll probably make it back on the name alone but I agree that it's a very run of the mill, boring MMO.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
40. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 10, 2014, 13:28 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Feb 9, 2014, 14:43:
Just last week there was an attack at the high school not half a mile from my house. The perp was a former student who came with a knife. The police came and the perp attacked them. They could have easily shot him dead for that, but instead shit him in the arm so he dropped the knife. The kid has a history of mental illness, and apparently went off his meds. Now he'll have a chance at recovery.

That's actually unbelievably stupid and goes against what cops are trained to do. People can close moderate distances surprisingly fast and you might only have a second or two to evaluate and make a decision. There would be a lot more cops injured or killed if they had to second guess every situation and attempt non-lethal shots with a firearm (which makes no sense as PHJF points out).

News Comments > Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever)
2. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 10, 2014, 09:08 Verno

Yeah agreed, I waited on this one and I'm glad I did.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 10, 2014, 09:06 Verno

Death threats over a phone app, LOL. What a world.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
58. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 7, 2014, 12:31 Verno

Frags4Fun wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 12:00:
Yeah, I'm too stupid. My IQ is around 150, but yeah, I'm too stupid. I bet you have a lot of 'true' friends in real life (not online) judging by the way you start every conversation by insulting people. Real nice guy! I'm sure you're very popular and people don't make fun of you every time you turn your back. I read your comments almost every day and can't help but think about how pathetic, annoying and miserable you are. Iím sure that most people here will agree with me even if they donít verbalize it.

So do you even have a point besides insulting/trolling people on a daily basis? Sometimes you have some brilliant things to say, but most of the time youíre just a jerk who likes to hear himself talk.

One of these things is not like the other.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Horizon
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Horizon Feb 7, 2014, 09:12 Verno

This looks really interesting and came out of nowhere for me, anyone play it yet?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 7, 2014, 09:11 Verno

Last of Us 2

I don't even need a sequel or other stories in that universe. Go set Naughty Dog loose on whatever they choose to work on, give me IP variety. It was a great game but we don't need yearly iterations of everything that proves to be moderately successful.

15638 Comments. 782 pages. Viewing page 50.
< Newer [ 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo