Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 15484 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
11. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 15, 2014, 09:03 Verno

InBlack wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 03:35:
Why did they ban guns on planes anyway?? Guns on planes and 911 would have never happened!

My internet sarcasm detector must be broken because I almost read this as serious.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evolve this Fall; Preorder DLC Bonus Announced
12. Re: Evolve this Fall; Preorder DLC Bonus Announced Jan 15, 2014, 08:45 Verno

They don't even have in game screenshots and they're already talking about content splitting? What the fuck.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
47. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 15, 2014, 08:44 Verno

Prez wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 22:29:
In my area of the US, people can and often do go armed just about anywhere. In Tennessee and Mississippi I'd be willing to bet that a good quarter of the people in your local supermarket, Walmart, mall, restaurants, and theaters are packing (you'd be surprised how many southern women keep subcompacts or snubs in their purses!). I mention this only because if you stop to think of it with how dickish everyone treats one another it's kind of surprising that the sort of incident like this latest theater shooting doesn't happen a whole lot more often.

I look at it the other way, maybe if the general populace didn't think they were entitled to live like John McClane then we'd have less overall gun crime and things like this could be avoided

23. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 14, 2014, 15:00 Verno

I really don't want people armed in entertainment venues (theaters, stadiums, bars etc) where passion and emotions run high. The few rational purposes of it are outweighed by the downsides in my opinion. The endless gun debate bores me though so that's all I have to say on it.

Getting back to the cellphone thing, I do agree with Cutter that they should just employ cellphone blockers but unfortunately there are major liability issues involved which prevents them from doing so and I think federal law on such devices is pretty strict.

21. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 14, 2014, 14:50 Verno

You could google that about most countries but by and large they happen less frequently there for ~whatever~ reason, don't feel like getting into the usual gun debate.

You don't really want people bringing guns into a theater regardless of where you live I would hope.

14. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 14, 2014, 12:58 Verno

No one deserves to be shot over something so trivial. I think the escalating fight didn't help matters any and he threw a bag of popcorn at the old guy or something which might let some nutso florida jury acquit him.

That said, I turn mine off while waiting in the concession line because you don't want to be that douche who forgets later on.

News Comments > Evolve this Fall; Preorder DLC Bonus Announced
4. Re: Evolve this Fall; Preorder DLC Bonus Announced Jan 14, 2014, 11:29 Verno

It'll be interesting to see, I prefer Versus but I think many people actually just liked playing against the AI specials rather than a player.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2014, 11:35 Verno

harlock wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 11:23:
true detective

yeh man

Was the pilot any good? I passed out watching some old movie called Elephant and missed it.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
13. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 13, 2014, 10:56 Verno

Hellbinder wrote on Jan 12, 2014, 22:53:
so none of you guys really care how people act like packs of wolves online? all you do is join in?

How people act online closely mirrors how they act in real life.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
30. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 13, 2014, 10:07 Verno

I don't buy early access games anymore, the value proposition is not worth it and I do enough beta testing for the AAA industry without doing it for indies too.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2014, 09:57 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jan 12, 2014, 17:57:
Threesome with Carrie and her stunt double in those slave outfits? ROWR!

And yeah, Archer rules. Dunno about any of those other shows. My buddy is into Sons of Anarchy, but I think bikers are the scum of the earth so I have zero interest in watching show about them. Dunno how you guys watch so much TV to begin with though.

Sons of Anarchy is a shitty show anyway, the first few season show promise but it goes off the rails quickly. As for watching TV, you just allocate time to it like any other activity. Some nights our family watches TV, other nights we play a board game, sometimes its sports, sometimes video games and so on.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2014, 09:31 Verno

Haha yeah, good luck with that. Gave up on Martin a long time ago, guy has terrible work habits. Blogs a billion times about football, pizza and attending conventions but takes 5 years to finish a book.  

News Comments > SimCity Offline Mode Coming
4. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Coming Jan 13, 2014, 09:27 Verno

What a clusterfuck EA made of this game. Offline mode is a good start but doesn't really fix the game being designed around smaller city sizes due to underpinning online functionality where none was necessary.  

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Free Weekend
20. Re: Torchlight 2 Free Weekend Jan 10, 2014, 13:51 Verno

Dungeon Siege 3 was really consolized and forgettable IMO. I loved the first game, we used to have big lan parties for it on Arsclan.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 10, 2014, 13:07 Verno

That's true in some respects, The Lightbulb Conspiracy (unfortunate name, good film) is a documentary about planned obsolescence that will probably resonate with some people here. To be fair though, many design concessions responsible for product lifespan impairment are made for lower power use, less noise and general efficiency which are all consumer demands.

There are certainly products deliberately engineered to fail before their maximum lifespan peak. In some markets the companies couldn't survive without the repeat business even. It's sort of a fucked up situation.

News Comments > 2K Czech Restructures
3. Re: 2K Czech Restructures Jan 10, 2014, 11:47 Verno

Hidden & Dangerous was one of the buggiest yet most enjoyable games I've played. Mafia never really clicked for me unfortunately.  

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Free Weekend
17. Re: Torchlight 2 Free Weekend Jan 10, 2014, 09:21 Verno

TL2 was great for what it was, I never expected 300 hours of longevity out of it but I enjoyed the whole experience.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 9, 2014, 13:28 Verno

I wanted to leave an instructional message on a Youtube tech video last night but I can't comment without a Google+ account. Fucking ridiculous.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2014, 13:25 Verno

I'd like to see a modern mobile version of the site for Android/iOS, doesn't need to include comments either.

Image tags would be swell too.

Have other metropolitan areas started going to this slurry/liquid based stuff to put on the road like they have here?

Still salt and dirt here. I would be shocked if the city wasn't sued for that mess though, that's hilarious.

News Comments > Full Steam Machines Ahead at CES
57. Re: Full Steam Machines Ahead at CES Jan 9, 2014, 10:17 Verno

Krovven wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 17:20:
My understanding of those face buttons is they are not intended to be the A/B/X/Y or O/X/^/[]/ buttons on the 360/PS controllers. Those buttons are for the lesser used functions. The buttons on the top, back and buttons functions of the pads themselves provide those functions, allowing you to keep your thumbs on the pads moreso than the current analog sticks of gamepads.

Interesting. I really need to get my hands on one and play with it. I have an open mind though and I'll definitely be checking it out, I just think they have an uphill battle with others preference for the traditional controller setups.

15484 Comments. 775 pages. Viewing page 50.
< Newer [ 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo