Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 17510 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ] Older >

News Comments > Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details
7. Re: Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details Feb 10, 2015, 11:40 Verno

You can pickup videocard keys on forums for like $35ish already, I was thinking about scoring this but I'm kinda burnt out on zombie games.  
Playing: Dark Souls 2: Scholars of the First Sin
Watching: Mr. Robot
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Cheaters Banned
5. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 10, 2015, 11:24 Verno

I've never done either but I do like some bourbon while playing Dota  

News Comments > Diablo III Cheaters Banned
2. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 10, 2015, 11:14 Verno

Sometimes competing is fun though, nothing wrong with a little friendly competition to keep things interesting.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Feb 10, 2015, 11:04 Verno

Agreed, some laudable goals and rules there. I appreciate sites doing retail only reviews, far too often the publishers send out advance copies where the MP is looped into private servers. I hope other sites follow suit.  

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Evolve
5. Re: Ship Ahoy - Evolve Feb 10, 2015, 11:01 Verno

I don't know, the DLC shit was obnoxious but I am interested in hearing about what people think of it over the weeks to come. A common theme I've heard is that its fun but fleeting, no real longevity.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 10, 2015, 10:39 Verno

With the PS4 something like 8 million ahead in sales and growing its kind of no brainer for Titanfall 2 to be on the PS4.  

News Comments > Original Early Access Game Pulled
9. Re: Original Early Access Game Pulled Feb 9, 2015, 15:46 Verno

I still remember Cubeworld, god what a disappointment that was. It wasn't on Steam's early access but same principles apply.  

News Comments > Universal Combat CE Free on Steam
29. Re: Universal Combat CE Free on Steam Feb 9, 2015, 15:44 Verno

There is certainly something amusing about Derek Smart of all people calling Star Citizen a pipe dream.  

27. Re: Universal Combat CE Free on Steam Feb 9, 2015, 15:34 Verno

As was mine.

Ok? No one said it wasn't.

As I recall Derek Smart actually likes Steam, he abuses the moderation privileges to silence critics.

24. Re: Universal Combat CE Free on Steam Feb 9, 2015, 15:28 Verno

Krovven wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 15:25:
Not sure what you are debating. Shit is still shit.

I'm not debating anything and the text of the post is pretty self explanatory. I think it's shit but maybe someone else doesn't, people keep buying his games somehow.

News Comments > Assassinís Creed Rogue Specs
2. Re: Assassinís Creed Rogue Specs Feb 9, 2015, 15:01 Verno

Yeah I've got major franchise fatigue with these games too. AC4 I was pretty much going through the motions when off the Blackdaw. Didn't pick up Unity, no plans to get this or to bother with the series going forward without major revisions to underlying mechanics.  

20. Re: Universal Combat CE Free on Steam Feb 9, 2015, 14:58 Verno

Krovven wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 13:02:
Free or $60, 25 yrs ago or now, a shit game is a shit game.

Wasn't there a time a few years back he was whining that they wouldn't put his games on Steam?

*shrug* free is free. Personally I think there are far better ways to spend ones time than playing terrible Derek Smart games but perhaps someone finds some value in this. I doubt it but hey whatever, no one is making me download a copy so I'm happy.

News Comments > The Witness Blows Through Braid Earnings
3. Re: The Witness Blows Through Braid Earnings Feb 9, 2015, 12:37 Verno

I didn't love Braid to be honest but this looks pretty interesting. I need some games to play on the consoles, they're just gathering dust these days so maybe I'll pick this up.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
91. Re: etc., etc. Feb 9, 2015, 12:35 Verno

Understand when I say attention "whore" I by no means using that term as slander against her gender; I view her as an attention whore as I am a New York Pizza whore.

Absolutely and there's nothing wrong with that. I don't think anyone is really having a debate over these things either, its just causing polarization and conflict. What frustrates me is how one sided it is, people don't give the industry any credit. The gaming industry is still young but despite that has grown significantly in terms of gender specific offerings and representation over the past 10 years.

People also seem to ignore other forms of media and marketing where gender tropes are even worse, many of those industries where women are in positions of power now even. Like movies and television, gaming is a business first and foremost so companies are giving the consumer what they desire. That doesn't mean the industry or its audience are flawed, people often seek out unrealistic and exaggerated entertainment, women are no strangers to that either.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2015, 10:20 Verno

I made your chili recipe on Saturday Blue, it was with my girlfriend and another couple I know through work. It was really good but came out much hotter than I anticipated. Next time I will not throw that extra chipotle in just because I want to get rid of it, haha. I was worried it would be too much for the others but I kept the wine flowing and everyone was either too drunk to notice or just genuinely enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

I got to the butcher late on Friday so they were almost out of everything so I ended up using a mix of meats (ground pork, ground beef and some veal). I threw in a bit of brown sugar as well.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Beta Details
6. Re: Battlefield Hardline Beta Details Feb 9, 2015, 10:01 Verno

Straylight wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 09:37:
2) On game day release, the servers will be overloaded, "we didn't foresee this many people wanting to play our game despite how many people pre-ordered it"

I don't know, do you really see this selling that well? Word of mouth on it has been pretty tepid.

News Comments > etc., etc.
88. Re: etc., etc. Feb 9, 2015, 09:02 Verno

beremot wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 16:28:
Yes, Verno, you've figured it out. I am Beamer's sock puppet, or he is mine, or something. Better add me to your list too. Can't have any disruptions in the echo chamber.

Interesting how I didn't use any names and yet that connection was made Sure, I will toss you into the "echo chamber" of my massive ignore list, all 2 people that are on it. To be honest your frequent diatribes were getting kind of tiresome anyway, have a nice life.

News Comments > etc.
17. Re: etc. Feb 6, 2015, 15:30 Verno

I've never really had an issue with Steam Support, the few tickets I've had were answered within a business day and resolved without issue.

Greenmangaming's support on the other hand is terrible. They tried to screw me on a refund (their fault) which took 8 back and forths to resolve. It only ended in my favor because I refused to accept their BS reasoning and threatened a chargeback and complaint to their payment processor. That was a real wake up call to the price of cheap games there.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2015, 15:17 Verno

The serial TV article was quite interesting, thanks for the link.  

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Winners
12. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 6, 2015, 12:48 Verno

Mordor had a dreadful story that was was poorly strung together and made little sense. Outstanding Achievement my ass haha.  

17510 Comments. 876 pages. Viewing page 50.
< Newer [ 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo