Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 14971 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2013, 14:43 Verno

BobBob wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 12:40:
Get refurbished items from the Apple Store; same quality, same warranty, and save a lot of money.

Or just buy competitors products and do the same

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2013, 14:39 Verno

Quboid wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 13:00:
Here's question that's out of the blue so this seems like the place to ask it: will SteamOS games run on any PC distribution of Linux? I don't know if Valve have made this public yet.

It might require a bit of extra work depending on the libraries required and whatnot but I don't see why not.

News Comments > 64-bit Cross-Platform Nitrous Engine Announced
14. Re: 64-bit Cross-Platform Nitrous Engine Announced Oct 24, 2013, 14:03 Verno

Beelzebud wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 12:55:
nvidia's anus probably feels fine, because while AMD is signing a lot of deals, their software still sucks ass.

If AMD wants to be the major player, they really need to step up their driver quality, and stop firing engineers who work on them.

I don't know despite losing some engineers the drivers still seem to have a reasonable number of issues when you consider the complexity of them and the challenges that the platform provides. Nvidia also had a number of both minor and major driver related problems the past few years. I think that advantage is slowly being worn away.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
8. Re: Hardware Reviews Oct 24, 2013, 13:45 Verno

It's always been tit for tat though, that isn't really anything new. This was largely a refresh cycle for AMD as they're more focused on mobile platforms and the integrated space in the long term. Whether this means we'll see less new designs from AMD or not is an interesting situation. AMD forced Nvidia to compete on issues like thermals and noise in the past, it wasn't that long ago that Nvidia's designs were expensive, hot and loud. I don't really care who wears the "crown" though, I'd rather sit comfortably with mid tier price to performance stuff. All I do know is that it's nice having a competitor who forces Nvidia to drop prices. Maybe they should do it more often, I don't know. I'm not sure the market can continue supporting 2 companies with such aggressive channel stuffing, maybe this is for the best.  

15. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 24, 2013, 13:24 Verno

Cutter wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 12:53:
I don't smart guy. And as matter of fact I make most of them. And I'm actually starting a company that's going to be doing this. At least I'm trying to be part of the solution. People like you just don't give a shit at all.

Smart guy is a compliment, not an insult If you really make everything from clothing to personal electronics yourself then more power to you but most of us don't have the expertise or free time due to having families, careers and etc. Regardless you don't really know shit about my choices, I am fairly responsible with my environmental impact and the sources of products I buy, although I don't let it rule my life as I'm the one in control, not other peoples morality. There are some things we don't really get much of a choice about too. Foxconn is such a massive supplier in electronics that it is almost impossible to avoid them for example, I bet you have several components sourced from or including parts from them on that computer you're using without even realizing it.

Making a moral dilemma out of every purchase isn't realistic and expecting other people to be so extreme with it just alienates them further and makes those choices you don't care for more likely. I don't really buy Apple products for example but I don't think people are burning a flag by purchasing an iPhone.

There's a smarter way to get people to see the point of view that Apple should be more responsible. Maybe it's that company you want to create, I don't know. I would certainly put someone else in charge of marketing though!

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2013, 13:37.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
25. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Oct 24, 2013, 11:04 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 19:11:
So let me get this straight....something that should be an UPDATE is now a 4.99 DIRECTORS CUT!?

It FIXES PROBLEMS WITH THE GAME and they are charging us for it?

No, that's not the case. They did significant work to many aspects of the game and it's a very fair price if you already own it.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2013, 11:00 Verno

maleitch wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 10:29:
No, that is not normal. It is normal for the henpecked men who married women with the "entitled princess" syndrome. Blue I cringe when I read about your jokes concerning everything you are and are not "allowed" to do.

Stand up for yourself damnit.

I'm sure there's a certain amount of satire and exaggeration here for our benefit. Give and take is normal in relationships, there are some things I stand firm on and other things where I cave to my GF, she does the same with me. Often times "winning" an argument just means hurt feelings, it's often better to just settle somewhere in the middle with the knowledge that you chose the higher road despite being correct

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Oct 24, 2013, 10:25 Verno

The R9 290X seems like a big win in most categories but the thermals and noise are regressions. I really like my systems quiet and cool. That said Titan killer for half the price? Geeez. Nvidia is really taking it on the chin lately.  

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Oct 24, 2013, 10:23 Verno

Kajetan wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 06:33:
Just think of a Transformers movie WITHOUT any of those boring human actors and their stupid boring lines?

Errrr what? Did we watch the same movie? 90% of Pacific Rim is B movie dialogue with terrible performances from actors who are trying way too hard to make something out of an awful script. If anything it needed more robot stuff.

Transformers is worse because the action is often so messy and frenetic that you can't make heads or tails of what is going on.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2013, 10:19 Verno

15 Signs you are obsessed with your dog

Man I'm guilty of about 3/4 of those, who is the real pet?

News Comments > Evening Patches
8. Re: Evening Patches Oct 24, 2013, 10:04 Verno

Yeah I can't say I've been really impressed with the development model of Minecraft in general. I remember when Notch was adding stuff weekly and it was buggy but at least progress was measured at a pace other than glacial. Since then it feels like updates are taking forever. The Minecraft modding scene is full of weird sperges who want to force you to look at an ad so they can maybe get a $1.00 check every year on principle. Compatibility is often a nightmare, mod packs are often full of bizarre and unwanted tweaks in addition to regular stuff and I hate diving into those insane forum threads for anything.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
14. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 24, 2013, 09:09 Verno

yuastnav wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 17:06:
That's exactly the point. They actually went out of their way to model the full, nude body, because... well, I cannot think of any other reason than because little Davey was keen on having that in the game.

And yes, what Beamer said.
I honestly don't see the appeal in these games.

I have Beamer on an ignore that is never coming off so no clue what he said. I still wonder why you care so much about what you deem unnecessary nudity? Why is nudity so offensive but extreme violence is not? It's his vision of the story and game, I haven't played this yet but in previous games the sections were optional anyway. I don't really see why it's such a big taboo here. He's often said in the past that he wants male players to identify more with female themes. But hey let's assume he's just being a perv, oh no he's objectifying women....just like every other videogame.

I think you need a go through Spec Ops: The Line sometime.

11. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 24, 2013, 09:04 Verno

Sony's infamous hack cost it a couple hundred million in lost sales, consumer confidence, one online IP got killed off and etc, they aren't likely to repeat it.

Most hacks are usually on the client side. Most likely causes - shared passwords between sources like forums, using a compromised password manager or malware.

13. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 24, 2013, 08:49 Verno

If you really cared that much Cutter you wouldn't be using many common household products.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 24, 2013, 08:48 Verno

The_Pink_Tiger wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 20:20:
It amuses me that ShadowPlay, which has the same functionality as programs I've been using since my Voodoo3 days, only works with the newest GeForce cards (600 & 700s). That's some quality optimizations there, nvidia!

You were using an H264 hardware encoder back then? That sort of time travel is impressive

News Comments > Evening Patches
6. Re: Evening Patches Oct 24, 2013, 08:27 Verno

I can't believe they still haven't shipped the plugin API for MC.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Saints Row IV: Enter the Dominatrix
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Saints Row IV: Enter the Dominatrix Oct 23, 2013, 15:27 Verno

Please keep trying to derail gaming threads so we can just see you banned faster.

It's just a name. They didn't use the name, so they're using it for the first DLC. It apparently has a lot of behind the scenes look at development, unused ideas, etc.

Ahh thanks for the info. I think I'll just stick it out a bit longer on this one and wait til the season pass concludes before picking up the whole package. I played it for awhile at a friends and liked it but I can wait for the inevitable next-gen port or GotY PC version.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 23, 2013, 14:54 Verno

dj LiTh wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 23:35:
I dont have any experience with win RT but i was under the impression that all metro style apps can be run by both ecosystems. Beyond that, xbone is x86 not ARM so i'd wager it can run any apps an x86 win8.1 pc can run

I suspect it will have it's own certification process as I can't see Microsoft letting something like an XBMC app on the Xbox One where it would undermine their video rental service for example. From a hardware perspective the Xbox One has no touchpad or mouse input interface and Kinect has not (yet) been adapted to do it. I've seen a twitch companion app working but it seemed to do through some limited voice and controller input.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 23, 2013, 14:51 Verno

avianflu wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 10:29:
not having to drive to a store and then see what they actually have on the shelf, and then wait in line is truly priceless in my book!

I don't know, there are many things I will never order online as they need to be sampled or evaluated in person.

If you don't buy a lot of heavier stuff then Prime is a bit of a wash, I did the math on my shipping costs last year and they were $40 less than the cost of Prime. Getting stuff faster is nice but I'm patient and nothing I order is time sensitive. The most useful thing I get out of Prime is the streaming but there is a lot of redundancy between it and other services.

9. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 23, 2013, 14:46 Verno

One mans pandering is another mans paradise. Besides there is a lot of unnecessary violence in many videogames but I don't see you protesting that. Does one nude scene really make you so uncomfortable? It's a David Cage game, he's the videogame equivalent to an arthouse film maker, you should know the score by now.  

14971 Comments. 749 pages. Viewing page 49.
< Newer [ 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo