Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 15498 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
34. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 08:42 Verno

This is why it would have been smarter not to mention the Wii U at all  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated "M"
41. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated Jan 23, 2014, 13:06 Verno

Parias wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 13:04:
Hammer wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 11:51:
Skyrim Coop - give me that, and I'm in heaven.

Yeah, why couldn't they just do this? I would've forked over money without a second thought for a co-op enabled addon for Skyrim. In contrast, this full-blown MMO holds very little interest for me.

Do people really want this though? Everything about Skyrim is centered around the player, it would completely bust most of the scripting and the game is poorly balanced as it is. I don't see how you could do something like this without a complete redesign of the game. I don't want co-op in Bethesda games unless it would be done in a meaningful way.

38. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated Jan 23, 2014, 13:03 Verno

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 12:56:
I've used to play on a WaW server that was all Christian people.
The games were good and I've enjoyed the Christian debates in the chat, made for some fun nights.
As long as you don't take them seriously, funny to hear how upset some people can get over certain subjects.
Regardless most people in those games were adults and the games were fun even though it was a CoD title. I think that was the last CoD I've enjoyed playing online.

Hahah you played on Men of God, didn't you? I used to love listening to those wackos try to convert random CoD teenagers who would unleash a verbal abuse that would make a sailor raise an eyebrow.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 23, 2014, 12:38 Verno

Axis wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 11:42:
Most 1080p games on the WII U run at 60fps. Just thought I'd throw that out there...

The Wii U is only running older gen ports and Nintendo games going forward so that's neither here nor there. It also took a lot of work to optimize those games to that state and a few companies mentioned the financial return on that work was dreadful so they won't be doing it again. With a PPC chip and the equivalent of a lower end Radeon 4xxx in it I'm not expecting much going forward.

That said I buy a Nintendo system for Nintendo games and I don't care about framerates or resolution in that regard unless they're awful.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches
43. Re: Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches Jan 23, 2014, 12:26 Verno

BobBob wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 18:00:
I wonder how many starving children $37,0000,000 could feed.

I wonder how many starving children the investments you never shut up about could feed.

5. Re: TimeLines: Assault On America Preorders Jan 23, 2014, 10:01 Verno

Klaus Flouride wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 09:53:
InBlack wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 09:27:
Ugh....I love the Elder Scrolls but this just looks....awful...

It won't matter how good or bad it is, the servers will be shut within a year. I think the day of massive subs to any game are over.

I disagree, they will just go full sub to recoup costs faster then switch to F2P.

I do agree with InBlack though, the beta was boring.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 23, 2014, 09:30 Verno

Well played.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 23, 2014, 09:28 Verno

That Lords of the Fallen game sounds pretty cool.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 23, 2014, 09:17 Verno

All I know is that kids aren't playing outside much here. Maybe that's a sign of the times because of electronic device proliferation but when I was a kid we balanced our videogame stuff with outdoor activities that helped build meaningful and lasting friendships. I'm always setting up play dates for the daughter but its hard, other parents are so conditioned that Netflix and etc can just babysit their child. It's also hard to just tell her to go outside and play, no one else trusts their child outside alone anymore due to the media overplaying how prevalent pedophiles are in society. Everyone is paranoid their little one will be snatched away the second they take their eyes off them. We're more connected than ever before and yet people seem to actually socialize less, it really kills me what its doing to the newer generations. You take a cellphone away from a teen and they literally do not know how to function, that's some scary shit.

I hope people are moving away from Facebook but then you see other dumb shit like Snapchat and realize they're just changing electronic overlords.

That's my nonsensical parental rant for the week

News Comments > EA Paying for YouTube Love
35. Re: EA Paying for YouTube Love Jan 23, 2014, 08:52 Verno

The real question here is how they expected anyone to fulfill that NDA and actually post video. How do you make a video of Battlefield 4 without it containing glitches and "Battlefield" moments where the physics produces comedy? It's almost impossible.

Kawlisse, no, I don't love Windows 8. I don't love any operating system so I'll give you that. The start button is pretty much like Windows 7's, because I installed Start8, and I'm not using it as a server. The UI is also pretty much like Windows 7 because I disabled Modern UI. Before you insult people (and we all know "casual" is an insult), learn what you're talking about because you're full of shit. Windows 8, after applying some hacks, is better and cheaper than Windows.

I don't know its getting pretty expensive again. For $40 it makes a lot of sense as a very minor incremental upgrade from Windows 7, the improvements so small as to be almost imperceptible to the average user. For $100+ I start to get a bit iffy, particularly if the user already has Windows 7. I don't "hate" Windows 8 but its not difficult to see what people don't like about it and why it isn't helping the OEM industry at all.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 23, 2014, 08:50 Verno

The real irony is that Reed Hastings is a Liberal  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 23, 2014, 08:39 Verno

BitWraith wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 08:29:
Shut down the Wii u. Launch a new system that doesn't have a gimmick. Focus on launching an online solution instead.

Profit?

Yeah I think the Wii U is done like dinner. The tablet isn't fully featured enough to attract consumers and is weighing them down on price. The name is retarded and ends up confusing most people. They should just retire it in 2015 and launch a new console.

Before some brand loyalty guy pops up and derps about how great his Wii U is, this isn't about personal enjoyment. The Wii U is getting no traction at market even in Japan. If it can't radically reverse fortunes the next year then it needs to die so it doesn't take Nintendo down with it. I love Nintendo but they fucked up here.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
15. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 22, 2014, 13:08 Verno

Having dealt with a ridiculous number of storage related deployments I've rarely seen any manufacturer be any worse than another in most respects and when they are it tends to shift a few years later. I think the only company we ever refused to deal with was IBM in early 2000, the Deathstars were ridiculous.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 22, 2014, 12:52 Verno

Teamviewer is a superior experience in everything except the inability to see the list of machines in a browser with the free client.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 22, 2014, 11:07 Verno

The Banner Saga's trademark filing is being opposed by the makers of Candy Crush Saga.

Hahaha you have to be kidding.

News Comments > EA Paying for YouTube Love
6. Re: EA Paying for YouTube Love Jan 22, 2014, 10:34 Verno

Quboid wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 09:41:
If a YouTuber discloses that they're being paid then I don't have much of a problem with what they're doing - although I'll not be in a hurry to watch their commerc ... er, their videos. It's the non-disclosure of MS/Machinima's deal that grates - no one involved in that is worth listening to, even people who didn't actually take part.

Agreed. We all know this sort of thing goes on and it's not difficult to spot per se but when you start getting into no-disclosure clauses and positivity only then I get annoyed.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 22, 2014, 09:09 Verno

Never had any problem with Seagates here, Hitachi used to make awful drives though. Just goes to show that there are no hard and fast rules, these things shift and most of the failure rates are pretty close based on the tests I've seen companies like Backblaze do.  

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Jan 21, 2014, 15:39 Verno

And he did such a good job and sold so many copies that almost no one has dared try to compete with it.

I agree with everything else you said JD but I don't think anyone is afraid to compete with it. There's a raft of upcoming games that riff on Minecraft, just took them awhile to do Kickstarters and develop the games. If you mean the bigger AAA houses then its a huge risk/reward thing for them and most aren't willing to do small projects like that in house, they aren't good small idea incubators.

On the article itself, I don't really agree with the author's premise and he seems to contradict his own advice/opinions as others pointed out already.

News Comments > Resident Evil 4 HD Next Month
8. Re: Resident Evil 4 HD Next Month Jan 21, 2014, 12:29 Verno

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 21, 2014, 12:16:
Yeah.. WTF. They could have at least bumped up the texture quality if they didn't want to remake models and whatnot. It seems the only difference between this and the original PC port is that they enhanced the UI and added Steamworks. Capcom is really playing with fire here, as they already have somewhat of a reputation for nickel-and-diming customers; now they charge you $20 for the patch that removes GFWL from RE4!

Okay, so RE4 didn't have online features, but this is still pretty crappy.

Dude Capcom is completely shameless and doesn't give a fuck what customers think. I still don't know how they produced Dragon's Dogma, the game doesn't repeatedly beg you for money or kick you in the nuts so it doesn't seem like it can really be a Capcom title.

News Comments > Resident Evil 4 HD Next Month
3. Re: Resident Evil 4 HD Next Month Jan 21, 2014, 12:12 Verno

Hopefully they shipped the lighting engine this time.  

15498 Comments. 775 pages. Viewing page 48.
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo