Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 16164 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2014, 09:12 Verno

The Youtube share/app should have been there from the beginning, not giving them any kudos for that.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Ditches Legendary Crafting Materials
26. Re: Diablo III Patch Ditches Legendary Crafting Materials Jun 11, 2014, 09:10 Verno

I'm up to paragon 400ish as of last night and I still enjoy playing my Barb. Barb has quite a few interesting builds and despite the nerfs is still pretty powerful. My main beef is that they have to sacrifice a lot of survivability and power to get decent party buffs compared to the other classes so they're not as desirable for Torment 6 play. My friends don't care but the difference between playing my Barb and my Crusader is very apparent, we have a much easier time when I'm on my Crusader.

In terms of Diablo 3 itself, the core gameplay is solid, the games sub systems and mechanics are hampered by old design decisions unfortunately. My main beef is just RNG stuff, it took me forever to get my LeapQuake/BarbBros gear setup for my Barb and its nowhere near ideally rolled. My Crusader I played pretty casually and he has full Akkhans, Darklight and a ton of other BiS gear. It just sucks because I don't even enjoy playing it very much compared to the Barb.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall
21. Re: Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall Jun 10, 2014, 10:23 Verno

So are they going to actually ship the Heists for GTA:O now? Haha.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity in October; New Trailers
15. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity in October; New Trailers Jun 10, 2014, 09:44 Verno

saluk wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 23:57:
I'm close to burnout, still haven't finished black flag. The graphics and setting I really can get behind, what I really want to see though is more innovation in the core gameplay. Some of this looks pretty similar, although there are some hints at improvements. Multiple factions, more variations on how to accomplish missions, more interiors... My biggest issue with the AC games are the mission design. It's always so restrictive and linear, they are at odds with the rest of the game. If they can relax this somewhat, I'll buy one more AC game. I love the setting and the story. If it's the same boxed in design I'm not so sure.

I am totally burnt out on AC and I'm a huge fan of the series. This looks like the usual iteration rather than anything innovative and co-op one button kills isn't my idea of a grand time. I would much rather see them revisit the core game mechanics but I suspect thats coming in AC5. This looks like a safe one to skip IMO.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 10, 2014, 09:42 Verno

ViRGE wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 09:20:
Verno wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 09:07:
The Playstation TV thing is kinda crazy good. Plays PS1-PS3 and Vita games, runs streaming apps and can use PS Now. All that for $99, the cost of a FireTV or Roku.
Two quick points of clarification:

1) It only plays PS1 games and [i]some[/i] Vita games. Most Vita games do not work on it since it lacks touchpad controls.

2) For comparing it to the FireTV/Roku, the Vita/Playstation TV can only output to a maximum of 1080i/720p. All dedicated media boxes these days can do 1080p.

I read it's going to do PS1/Vita natively and PS2/PS3 using PS Now.

Didn't know about the resolution thing but I'm not streaming a lot of 1080p content for the moment. Good to know though.

The remote play potential with the PS4 on a second TV is pretty good too. I think I'll pick one up.

13. Re: Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall Jun 10, 2014, 09:36 Verno

Ozmodan wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 09:11:
When you get to the 5th version, most games get stale, this is one of them. They are better off just doing this game for the new consoles than wasting time on the PC version.

Even the kids are tired of this series. Time to move on to something different.

Hahaha what? This game sold like 33 million copies you dunce and is by far one of the strongest creative efforts in the series.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 10, 2014, 09:07 Verno

The Playstation TV thing is kinda crazy good. Plays PS1-PS3 and Vita games, runs streaming apps and can use PS Now. All that for $99, the cost of a FireTV or Roku.  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Trailers
1. Re: Far Cry 4 Trailers Jun 10, 2014, 09:05 Verno

Man, if they don't let you venture up to some of the Himalayan peaks that would be a huge missed opportunity. Having the big boss fight set against Kangchenjunga or Makalu would be amazing.  

News Comments > Dreadnought Announced
1. Re: Dreadnaught Announced Jun 10, 2014, 09:03 Verno

That looked pretty cool and its nice to see something a little different for a change.  

5. Re: Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall Jun 10, 2014, 09:02 Verno

Awesome, the mods for this are going to be nuts.  

News Comments > H1Z1 "My Evil Ways" E3 Trailer
10. Re: H1Z1 Jun 9, 2014, 16:23 Verno

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 15:02:
I'll just come out and say it. If a game can come along and be a DayZ clone but not look, run and control like shit then I'd probably buy it.

The Real Virtuality 3 engine is both a curse and a blessing so seeing how a game like this runs on the same engine that powers Planetside 2 will be interesting.

Agreed. Something on the scope of DayZ without an insane amount of bugs and the clunky controls would be fine.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2014, 15:01 Verno

harlock wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 14:53:
new crackdown and phantom dust.. seriously fucks with my distaste for xbox

I don't know, I've tried going back to Crackdown and the gameplay didn't age well. I didn't care for the second game at all either. I can't even remember Phantom Dust anymore, the original Xbox days are awhile behind me.

That Scalebound game was the only thing that really piqued my interest.

I love the point where they fucked with Conker fans by admitting (with the help on Conker) there wasn't going to be a new one, but you could go make your own in Spark. Classy

Yeah that was pretty lame. Project Spark itself has some of the most obnoxious microtransactions I've ever seen in a game too.

Creston, it was basically Halo HD collection, Crackdown, yet another Fable game, Sunset Overdrive and a lot of third party stuff. Very underwhelming.

News Comments > Two Tomb Raider Games Announced
1. Re: Two Tomb Raider Games Announced Jun 9, 2014, 14:36 Verno

Cool, I really enjoyed the latest reboot so looking forward to these.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2014, 14:33 Verno

That was really underwhelming. Felt like a very "safe" showing when they should have been swinging for the fences. No Halo 5 showing was surprising too, the Halo HD collection on the other hand not so surprising.

On the plus side no TVTVTVTV and Kinect nonsense.

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Jun 9, 2014, 13:51 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 12:12:
If this guy ever moves beyond a one hit wonder and establishes himself as a real designer with some longevity I might give him some credence. The reality is so far he's a punk who got lucky once, so no.

Your bitter jealousy is apparent in your post. He got lucky to the tune of many million dollars. I think all of us could stand to have some of that "luck". If the number of hits is a yard stick for success then by your own words most developers are total failures by comparison.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 9, 2014, 10:46 Verno

I know a lot of people who just play MMOs as time fillers and don't even seem to derive much enjoyment from them. Sometimes I think "well just play something else!" but I do the same thing with ARPGs so who am I to criticize?  

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 9, 2014, 10:41 Verno

Crackdown 3 announcement expected tonight.

Ugh why? The first game was a fun bonus to getting that old Halo 4 beta or whatever. The second game was completely uninspired and the gameplay did not age well. I know they own the IP but I can't believe its worth that much anymore, the second games sales were quite tame and Microsoft would have been better off funding something new.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2014, 10:14 Verno

The NFL operating as a non-profit is still pretty amusing.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 9, 2014, 10:09 Verno

Dagnamit wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 10:02:
Look guilty? He IS guilty. He broke the law. He's not a "traitor", but he's definitely a coward. He had a great opportunity to stand for something bigger than himself and be a symbol for what the people want. Less intrusion. the vast majority of Americans were outraged by what was/is going on. He blew it for himself and for everyone else, tbh.

I don't know, if you look at how past whistleblowers have been treated by the government and the scope of what he broke info on I can totally understand fearing for your safety and fleeing. The deck is loaded against whistleblowers, the protections are inadequate and the legal reprisals can be significant, that's without getting into the grey area shit the government can get into. Maybe he wasn't thinking about his place in history and was instead worrying about the safety of his family and himself, a pretty human thing to do.

I think it's really easy to criticize his convictions and courage but putting myself on the other side of it I can easily see why. How many of us would do any different? He's not exactly living the life of luxury either. Being exiled to Russia away from friends and family potentially forever is pretty significant.

I think he should have stayed but at the same time I can't really blame him for not doing so.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 0
2. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 0 Jun 9, 2014, 09:26 Verno

Microsofts is this morning at 9:30 to 11 a.m. PDT, early afternoon for east coasters.  

16164 Comments. 809 pages. Viewing page 48.
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo