Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 14967 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

News Comments > 100 More Steam Greenlights
15. Re: 100 More Steam Greenlights Oct 30, 2013, 11:15 Verno

Jerykk wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 04:49:
I don't really understand why people object to having more games on Steam. You aren't obligated to buy them. If you're unsure if a game is worth buying, do some research. It's not rocket science. There's nothing wrong with having choices.

There have been a few cases of questionable products come through Greenlight but that sort of stuff happened before anyway so I tend to agree with this. I think the community does a pretty good job of filtering through the crappy stuff, some casual reading on the internet usually leads me to good games.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Antialiasing Tip
6. Re: Battlefield 4 Antialiasing Tip Oct 30, 2013, 11:02 Verno

I never use FXAA, it always looks like vaseline smeared all over the screen.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2013, 10:50 Verno

Yeah I agree, I've been rewatching TNG lately and despite the late 80s and early 90s cheese it holds up pretty well.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 30, 2013, 10:27 Verno

nin wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:14:
Still curious about the phrase "through the life of the title". That would seem to imply anything after the first one was still up for grabs...

Zampella literally says they will make games for the PS4 in his tweet, EA just screwed them on this one.

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 30, 2013, 10:06 Verno

Man if I was Zampella I would be going over that contract with a fine tooth comb next time. It sounds like Microsoft basically gave EA a second big bag of cash for permanent exclusivity rights on the first Titanfall but I bet Respawn isn't seeing any of that cash.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
8. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 30, 2013, 09:42 Verno

NKD wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 18:16:
We already have a game about a cyborg cop who works in Detroit.

I DID NOT ASK FOR THIS!

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 30, 2013, 09:41 Verno

avianflu wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 09:35:
if the failbox actually does fail then SONY will slap on DRM and ads and everything else that brings the bucks in. First a little then a lot.

Be careful what you wish for....

The Xbox One isn't going to fail, they have enough brand inertia and marketing money to coast through this gen even on average sales. I don't think we have to worry about your scenario for quite awhile either. Sony adding DRM after the fact isn't likely and their PS3 ads have been all gaming related and very tastefully done, most barely notice they exist.

News Comments > Command & Conquer Cancelled, Victory Games Closed
54. Re: Command & Conquer Cancelled, Victory Games Closed Oct 30, 2013, 09:30 Verno

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 09:25:
I get what you're saying, but it's not entirely accurate, sure something like Wing Commander done right would be expensive, actors don't come cheap, especially named ones, but you seem to be suggesting that with the amount of gamers that are out there today, and it's more than ever, that they couldn't be profitable, call it a difference of opinion but I disagree.

I think you're misreading what hes saying. He's saying it can't be profitable for EA, not that it can't be profitable at all. I can't really argue with that logic either, EA made some token efforts with EA Partners to do smaller projects but has largely given up on it. I think Titanfall is the only EAP project left. For better or for worse they are committed to the 30mil+ budget stuff with DLC and other revenue stream crap. If SimCity is any indication then I say it's for worse

News Comments > Fallout 3 Turns 5
57. Re: Fallout 3 Turns 5 Oct 30, 2013, 09:18 Verno

I can't believe someone wrote a wall of text over Megaton. Internet you never stop surprising me.  

News Comments > Take-Two Earnings
2. Re: Take-Two Earnings Oct 30, 2013, 08:55 Verno

I need to actually go and read their financial statements but it sort of boggles the mind how they could lose money unless a significant portion of that revenue is booked next quarter for tax purposes or something.  

52. Re: Command & Conquer Cancelled, Victory Games Closed Oct 30, 2013, 08:45 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 05:24:
Yeah! And it could be always online, even single player. And it could have an Auction House where you could buy rare units that help you win battles. And it could force you to ID yourself online using your real name!

Agreed, I really want a Warcraft 4 or a new Command & Conquer game but companies these days will ruin them with dumb money making schemes. Just make a great game, I'll buy a copy for $60, hell I'll buy one for a friend. Stop with the pocket reaching crap.

News Comments > Steam Halloween Sale
8. Re: Steam Halloween Sale Oct 29, 2013, 19:51 Verno

Van Helsing is totally worth $7.50, quite an amusing little ARPG. Rough around the edges and simple but fun enough.  

21. Re: Command & Conquer Cancelled, Victory Games Closed Oct 29, 2013, 19:48 Verno

Prez wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 19:09:
Really saw this coming a while ago. From what I can tell there has been very little interest in Command and Conquer since they screwed up C&C 4 so bad it practically killed the series. To make matters worse they make the game a F2P game - does anyone trust that EA wouldn't make it pay to win and nickel and dime players to death? I wouldn't take that bet for the world myself.

Yep. As usual EA approached it as business model first, game second and the results are predictable.

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews Oct 29, 2013, 14:21 Verno

Prez wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 11:00:
Wow, that Destructoid review of Batman is scathing.

Haha you weren't kidding, this section on the MP is particularly brutal:

Because this product seems to be going out of its way to epitomize the concept of the cynical cash grab, online multiplayer has been crammed in with all the grace of a cat in a bathtub. Essentially a mediocre third-person cover shooter with Batman shoehorned into it, Arkham Origins Online pits three of Bane's thugs against three of Joker's goons, with two other players taking on the roles of the Dark Knight and Robin. It's a three-on-three battle, with the rival gangs capturing territory and shooting each other, while the superheroes use gadgets and predatory stealth to take them out.

As a gang member, you can look forward to awful movement controls, with the character wildly swinging when trying to run, sometimes not running at all, and occasionally refusing to fire his weapon. As Batman or Robin, you get to be frequently stuck on walls, or have diving kick attempts halt in mid-air for no good reason. The demented controls and obnoxious errors were able to be experienced almost instantly, and consequently, I managed to withstand only a few rounds before having to turn it off, utterly appalled.

Add to that a general sense of lag and graphical texture pop-in, and you have one buggy, unwieldy, ugly, deeply unpleasant bit of online guff. It's almost as if the whole thing was cobbled together quickly to satisfy some advertising department goons, so much so that I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

Sounds terrible.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag PC Trailer
9. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag PC Trailer Oct 29, 2013, 13:15 Verno

Creston wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 11:34:
The sea based combat was absolutely the best part of AC3. It felt great, it was fun, and almost everyone said that they should have just built the entire game around it.

So this time they did it. Personally, I'm with you. It doesn't look like Assassin's Creed to me, it looks like Pirates! The Remake.

I wouldn't get ahead of yourself, it's a bit of both (older AC games and Pirates style stuff) by most accounts. There are still dumb eavesdropping and follow the leader missions though apparently they take a back seat to everything else. The problem with the annual release cycle of these games is that it doesn't leave a lot of room to revisit AI and scripting which are desperately needed considering how painfully dated the combat and mission design have become. The combat especially is a total snoozefest, devoid of any real challenge, the game needs difficulty settings or something.

All the same I'm picking it up because the open world sea faring sounds great and I can tolerate the rest.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Images: Oct 29, 2013, 13:12 Verno

Malachii wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 10:59:
I, um, apparently have something in my eye.

Yeah seriously, pretty heart breaking seeing it like that.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed
25. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 12:49 Verno

McJammiepants wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 12:44:
Titanfall is an EA release.

Hah whoops, totally forgot EA Partners was doing that. Though it does beg the question if they retain future exclusivity over the IP or not, I bet they don't as the Respawn guys largely left Activision over creative differences and IP ownership issues. So all the same it would probably do them well to have something on tap and they can't do "modern" BF forever.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed
4. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 10:32 Verno

Whiskers wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 10:20:
It looks more like Battlefield 3.5.

here's hoping the next installment will be Battlefield 2143

With Titanfall on the way you can bet EA will be looking to compete with it, I bet we'll see a BF5 that is essentially BF2143.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Oct 29, 2013, 10:14 Verno

Sounds like AC4 more than makes up for the mediocre AC3, awesome can't wait for my PS4 copy.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2013, 08:34 Verno

Sepharo wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 01:42:

I kind of wanted to pick the Raiders too. Based on them having the better record and being at home. But all three experts and the vast majority of players went with Steelers so I followed. Picked the consensus pick in every game and only got two wrong. I guess they're getting easier to pick.

I think the Raiders defense is really underrated and the Steelers have been so uneven this year. I was a bit incredulous that everyone favored the Steelers so heavily, sometimes Vegas just likes to make the line more interesting and pick em leagues follow suit. I usually go by the ESPN picks for teams I don't know well or when in doubt pick the home team.

14967 Comments. 749 pages. Viewing page 47.
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo