Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 15502 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 29, 2014, 09:30 Verno

Hahah exactly, it's all out of the goodness of their heart and no harm no foul.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EA Taking Lessons From Launching BF4
3. Re: EA Taking Lessons From Launching BF4 Jan 29, 2014, 09:28 Verno

Translation: we launched the game way too early because of financial considerations and we're going to pretend we won't do it again.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Broken Age Act I
3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Broken Age Act I Jan 28, 2014, 13:58 Verno

It gets a lot of praise but apparently is quite short.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 28, 2014, 09:58 Verno

PHJF wrote on Jan 28, 2014, 09:43:
From the recommendation of you sorry lot I've begun watching Banshee. With any luck it may yet fill the hole left by Spartacus, a hole big enough for Jupiter's cock.

Banshee is an orgy of sex and violence, you won't be disappointed.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock II Details and Screenshots
14. Re: Legend of Grimrock II Details and Screenshots Jan 28, 2014, 09:17 Verno

Yeah I'm with avianflu, I went into this really wanting to like it but some of the puzzles were stupid and the combat ranged from interesting to infuriating. Definitely going to let the honeymoon period pass on this one before checking it out.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 27, 2014, 12:27 Verno

avianflu wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 12:21:
Hey V -- check out recent amazon consumer reviews -- lots of folks got a 3ds as gifts for the holidays. Many are pleased with the 3ds! But even those people often comment on the chunky resolution of the screens in 2014. Part of the problem is the XL. It simply stretches the resolution of the non-XL. Average consumers start noticing the resolution at that point.

Fair enough but I don't really see that as conclusive of anything, if I find a bunch of reviews saying how great the graphics are for specific games then does it offset that? Neither really means much on its own.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jan 27, 2014, 11:26 Verno

Namco Bandai is now Bandai Namco.

Hahah oh Japan, never change.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2014, 11:24 Verno

BobBob wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 11:02:
Could careless about celebrity narcissism. Prefer to celebrate our local firemen or teachers.

Our local firemen are often spotted trying to horn in on EMS services so they can justify raises in their already absurd contracts. Volunteers I would celebrate, these guys I will not.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
73. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 27, 2014, 10:04 Verno

Quboid wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 09:55:
My main problem is the risk of Steam selling confidence in PC gaming for a quick buck. That affects absolutely everybody here, even if you've never bought an Early Access game or never even used Steam. Individually, people not understand what they're getting into is their own damn fault. However, if this leads potentially millions of people to give up on PC gaming and its horrible, buggy games then every PC gamer suffers.

This is a valid concern. We've all been conditioned that refunds are not the norm in the PC space and that buggy games are a thing but I feel like early access combines all the worst aspects of PC gaming into a little package. I'm sure some people enjoy being a part of the process but I do worry about it becoming the norm. I've bought some alpha games but generally had poor experiences so I won't be repeating it.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 27, 2014, 09:48 Verno

avianflu wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 09:33:
1. Many 3ds consumers are expressing disappointment with the blocky grainy resolution. Little kids wont care but every other consumer will care.
2. From day one, very few consumers liked the 3D gimmick.

These sound like personal complaints, not a consensus. The 3D is very well done at times, it really depends on the games. Likewise some games are very graphically pleasing and others are terrible but I can say the same about any other console.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 27, 2014, 09:32 Verno

Their forecasting was absurd, the 3DS is still doing very well, just not as well as the DS did. That's to be expected when you consider its competing with mobiles.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
70. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 27, 2014, 09:16 Verno

Redmask wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 09:07:
It does make it ok for them to sell the game. Whether you or I agree morally with the behavior is a different matter and all we can really do is vote with our wallets and warn other people not to buy early access games. I strongly dislike early access games and refuse to purchase any because I do not agree that it will be ultimately good for the industry as a whole. I do not however feel that anyone is entitled to a refund when they had full warning before hand. I recall you telling people in a previous matter that if people didn't heed the text then its their own fault.

I agree with what you're saying here but with one caveat, they can't just explain away everything with the early access tag. If I buy something on Steam and it literally never functions or is radically different from the initial purchase description but was given an early access tag, does that make it ok? Is it my fault or the developers? Do I get a refund? Obviously its an extreme example but there are situations where it might be called for. I don't think this is one of them but I don't like the idea of ruling out refunds altogether because you will always have someone (a user or a developer) who abuses the system.

50. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 21:39 Verno

JD, Verno, Beamer, care to give redmask his obligatory reach-around?

This thread is hilarious! The four posters who got butthurt along the "lets argue with Axis" highway in the past banding together to troll and insult while calling out "foul!" and patting each others backs.

Haha sure its a big conspiracy from random unconnected internet people who don't know you from adam..or maybe you're the common denominator and your big mouth got you into trouble again.
No one made you troll this thread or make wild claims about the Wii U in the past. All I wanted you to do was put the big boy pants on and admit you were wrong, simply because you were so obnoxious about it in the past. I don't really care about your ongoing feud with other people or whatever it is you have going on. As far as I can see you got dogpiled a bit but you can't say you didn't have it coming.

Anyways getting back on topic, I have to say it's a bit worrying when the Bone can't do a stable 30+ fps on last gen stuff.

37. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 14:46 Verno

Axis wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 13:28:
Again where do read into my comments of my own enjoyment somehow dictating success or failure? Can't argue with reality, it's not selling well and I've stated as much time and time again.

Yeah no sugar coating it, you were wrong about the Wii U. As for its success/failure, the comment that "well I enjoyed it so whatever" comes off looking like handwaving. People tend to have confirmation bias with their purchases so when people bring it up in a discussion about other stuff things get a bit distorted. You sort of brought this on yourself anyway by making the snarky comment about FPS.

This comment was edited on Jan 24, 2014, 14:53.

29. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 13:33 Verno

NBA Live 14 is a train wreck, you might want to rethink that.  

News Comments > Resident Evil 4 SD & HD Comparison
15. Re: Resident Evil 4 SD & HD Comparison Jan 24, 2014, 12:38 Verno

Please don't give Capcom money unless its for Dragon's Dogma 2  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2014, 12:37 Verno

I drink beer socially but have never really loved it. I'd much prefer to have a "hard" drink or a nice glass of wine with dinner.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
20. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Jan 24, 2014, 11:40 Verno

Creston wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 18:55:
This is just Assassin's Creed : Mordor.

Weirdest premise for a game ever. Hey you're some half ghost guy, now go assassinate some Mordor dudes!!1 whoa the kids will love it!

That footage is so AC it hurts.

19. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 11:03 Verno

Shineyguy wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 10:59:
When it comes to total units sold, for a completely unbiased comparison to be done an item needs to be sold in all the same markets. Or to make the comparison you only figure in the markets where both are available. Since we can't do that then we can only speculate.

It's impossible to have a completely unbiased comparison, market conditions and several different factors like pricing differential make it always a rough 1 to 1 thing. For the purposes of discussion people can compare them without making silly qualifiers about territories which sound more like excuses than anything else.

Regardless of available markets, the Xbox One is selling quite well, they're only 300,000 units behind the PS4 despite being available in less than half the countries where the PS4 can be purchased.

I think it's selling better than they deserve at that price point but again the idea that it being in more markets would make a significant difference is an unknown. We don't know how much better just like we don't know what difference it will make in the territories Sony didn't launch in. Microsoft chose the markets it would sell the most units in and Sony chose to spread its stock out thinner in more territories. I'm not sure your sales data is accurate either but I haven't checked lately.

Both consoles are going to sell well going forward and hopefully have a lot of great games is the important thing.

16. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 10:58 Verno

Shineyguy wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 10:54:
I don't remember much murdering happening. After the Xbox 360 release Sony dropped their pricing pretty quickly, and PS3 sales picked up. For a long time Xbox 360 was behind, only near the end of their respective life cycles did Xbox 360 start outpacing PS3.

The PS3 price wasn't competitive with the Xbox 360 until 3 years in when they started introducing lesser SKUs and significant price cuts. Microsoft then introduced base ($249) and Elite SKUs ($299) to offset that. PS3 sales in general were very inconsistent until late 2009 onward. Microsoft capitalized on their mistakes and crushed it in North America.

15502 Comments. 776 pages. Viewing page 47.
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo