Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 15805 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2014, 14:20 Verno

Specs look pretty good. Microphone in the remote for voice search, kickin MS right in the pants. I like the optional controller but I find most mobile games to be pretty shit. I guess I could use it as an emulator box for everything sub-PS2.

It will have Plex app support so you can do all of your local content too, bam sold. Been waiting forever for something like this.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2014, 11:58 Verno

This Amazon FireTV thing looks ballin. Hulu, Netflix, Instant Video and it runs Android so I can probably run XBMC and get all of my local content too. Could finally be a true all in one HTPC. Quad core CPU, 2GB of memory, remote, etc. Not bad for $99, its ability to run XBMC will be the deal breaker for me since I want something that does local content too.

Edit: oh right link - http://gizmodo.com/amazons-fire-tv-everything-you-need-to-know-1556889628

This comment was edited on Apr 2, 2014, 12:06.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Trailer
11. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Apr 2, 2014, 11:16 Verno

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 09:31:
Wind simulation... that's... a first in gaming.. looks pretty neat. Let's hope it's a good game.

Ubisoft is great at making pretty worlds, not so good at making them interesting to play with. I am not holding out much hope for this based on experiences with their other open world games. Just a bunch of repetitious nonsense and collectathons.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Rubber Banding Fixes and Server Upgrades Planned
8. Re: Battlefield 4 Rubber Banding Fixes and Server Upgrades Planned Apr 2, 2014, 11:15 Verno

Killcam is retarded anyway.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
36. Re: Into the Black Apr 2, 2014, 09:43 Verno

InBlack wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 04:13:
Why isnt this used by the military if its so damn dangerous and potentially life threatening? Wouldnt this be like 100 times cheaper than bullets or like 1000 times cheaper than missles?? (And please dont point me to the naval shipbased lasers which are already seeing service, Im talking about handheld off the counter lasers, which are hardly lasers in the 'real' meaning of the word)

Seriously?!! You don't think a giant laser pointer might I don't know, give away your position or something? What happens when your opponent covers his eyes? Man what the hell...I hope that was a joke post I am just misunderstanding.

And it's not "if these are so dangerous" they ARE dangerous. Go fly a helicopter and tell me being fucking blinded isn't kind of dangerous while you're flying a massive contraption that can kill you and many other people on the ground if you crash.

News Comments > Thief Save Game Issue (Joke?)
5. Re: Thief Save Game Issue (Joke?) Apr 2, 2014, 09:40 Verno

I had no problems loading up my save yesterday but did see a bunch of people on the forums who did. Game itself is ok but the missed opportunities are glaring and frustrating, could have been so much better with a few changes. The disjointed story is especially telling, the game feels like it went through 3 different teams.  

24. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 1, 2014, 15:26 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 15:24:
He was brought up on federal charges. He'll serve time in federal prison, so he'll serve most of it.

Yeah I got that confused. I still think 14 years is fair. If he had just done it once to a single vehicle as a prank or some other idiocy then 14 years would be excessive. Hitting a police helicopter 7+ times as a parolee is a different story.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2014, 13:05 Verno

Quboid wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 11:14:
Am I missing much? I've enjoyed TES but an MMO setting would seem to be the antithesis of what makes it enjoyable.

I played several of the beta events and you aren't missing much. If you have really low expectations and need an MMO to play right now then you could do worse but it doesn't capture what makes TES games great IMO. I certainly couldn't imagine paying a sub fee for it. I'd suggest waiting if for no other reason than to avoid the launch woes. I also bet if you wait a month you'll see this game have a very fast honeymoon period.

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 1, 2014, 11:00 Verno

Ludomancer wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 10:38:
It used to be, in this country, that people weren't convicted on what they "could" do. I don't want to see law go any further than that though.
Regardless I hope he doesn't serve 14 years in prison, only because that is absurd, but the guy is an idiot.

You guys read the story and not just the headline right? He did it to a civilian chopper then a police chopper repeatedly, not to mention was already on parole. He also had his girlfriend and kids in the apartment, the girlfriend even tried to take and push blame onto the kids for it which is pretty despicable. 14 years in California is going to be 3-7 tops anyway and considering both the context and severity of what he did I don't see a problem with the sentence.

I don't know why you think that potential damage isn't taken into account when charging or sentencing people either, that's just silly.

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 1, 2014, 09:43 Verno

Tim1_2 wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 09:12:
That guy who lasered the helicopters certainly deserves punishment, but 14 years is ridiculous. People who have killed people have served less time in prison.

He won't serve 14 years in prison. What do you think would be an effective deterrent to someone who does this multiple times and could cause large scale loss of human life?

News Comments > Roberts: We Won't Sell Star Citizen
3. Re: Roberts: We Won't Sell Star Citizen Apr 1, 2014, 09:41 Verno

NKD wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 09:02:
April Fools! We are actually selling out to Myspace!

Go all the way with it dude - hamsterdance bought them out.

News Comments > Origins Ditches Discs
30. Re: Origins Ditches Discs Mar 31, 2014, 14:06 Verno

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 13:18:
avianflu wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 12:23:
I just want Origin to go away so I want to believe Origin is hanging on the ropes....
Why?
I am not defending EA I am not a big fan of them but why do you wish for Origin to go away?
Competition is good for the consumers. Origin is not any more pain to use than Steam and at least EA offers 24hrs money back if you are not happy with the game you've bought, something hopefully Steam will start to do in the future.
I love Steam and everything but I don't see how Origin's existence is a bad thing for gamers.

One thing I will say for EA is that their refund policy is good. On the other hand it has to be since they keep releasing barely functional games. My buddy got a refund for BF4 + Premium by just explaining to support that the latest patch had introduced yet another problem and he was fed up. This is like after playing it for 100 hours to boot. I wouldn't have given him a refund in that situation.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
6. Re: Sunday Metaverse Mar 31, 2014, 14:00 Verno

Saboth wrote on Mar 30, 2014, 19:14:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Mar 30, 2014, 19:02:
I wouldn't mind seeing big competition for Youtube. Sometimes it gets a little uppity.

I don't like how they've handled copyright issues, in that any corporation can just claim whatever, without any proof, and it's up to you to prove you own your content, and also it's gotten so crowded that it's congested frequently. I laugh at the "144p" resolution.

I went to publish a video the other day for some buddies and discovered that they made it impossible without their lame social network wannabe. That and the whole "who do you want to use Youtube as?!" "what name do you want on Youtube?" "plz use your real name" spam shit means I would absolutely welcome a Youtube competitor. Also just let me toggle always HD, all the time.

Their copyright policy is insane, someone plays 2 seconds of a song in your video and it gets DMCA'd by automated algorithms.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2014, 11:17 Verno

I don't mind waiting for HL3, I have no shortage of great games to keep me busy and Valve rarely disappoints.  

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Mar 31, 2014, 11:15 Verno

It's not that gamers are killing videogames, it's that us oldsters were abandoned. Many of us would like a REAL starfox 64 part 2, a much better metroid than Metroid : Other M, etc.

Yeah I agree to some extent Suppa. I buy a ton of games but the market shifted away from my tastes in several genres so I only buy what directly appeals to me. I bought a 3DS and several games for it because no one else was making those kinds of games.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 31, 2014, 10:20 Verno

Can't wait for Dark Souls II PC, gonna disappear into that game for awhile.  

News Comments > Splinter Cell Creative Director Jumps to WB Montreal
1. Re: Splinter Cell Creative Director Jumps to WB Montreal Mar 31, 2014, 09:22 Verno

I really enjoyed Blacklist so hopefully this is just routine industry stuff and not an indication of future direction on Splinter Cell.  

News Comments > Women In Video Games Initiative
14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2014, 16:25 Verno

BobBob wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 16:01:
Verno wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 14:23:
I think the bigger problem is attracting women into a profession that demands insane hours that conflict heavily with raising a child which is a serious concern for most women at some point in their life.

Except for the exclusive 9 month female pregnancy (which still requires a lot of complementary support by the male companion), the man's job is 50% parenting, at minimum, for up to 18 years. Welcome to the year 2014.

18 years? I think you mean 30 years, welcome to the year 2014

News Comments > Women In Video Games Initiative
8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2014, 14:23 Verno

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 11:38:
Awesome! We have gender segregation in development.

I don't know, it seems like a good initiative considering how underrepresented women are in game development in general. I might agree if things were more fairly weighted already but they're not.

I think the bigger problem is attracting women into a profession that demands insane hours that conflict heavily with raising a child which is a serious concern for most women at some point in their life.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2014, 11:16 Verno

I miss the big nerdfests like that. I can't remember the last time I was at a proper lan.  

15805 Comments. 791 pages. Viewing page 47.
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo