Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 15865 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
22. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Apr 14, 2014, 08:47 Verno

It always amuses me that people will often argue in favor of the very corporations that continually screw them at every opportunity and do not have the consumer in mind at all. Why not spend some energy defending the few corporations who actually serve the general public and their shareholders instead of pushing some strange political agenda? I will definitely be buying up infrastructure related stocks for the rest of this year knowing that stockholm syndrome is alive and well in the general populace to protect my investments.  

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
19. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 11, 2014, 16:16 Verno

Feels like you just keep moving the goalposts around. First you were saying two of three next gen platforms are subpar PCs but exclude the one you happen to own. Then claimed the criteria was some nebulous comparison of how the game was coded for the hardware its running on. Now its what you play in your living room that you consider unique which is a meaningless metric because it's inherently subjective to an individual.

Plain and simple, most console hardware is obsolete on release or shortly thereafter simply because there is no upgrade path outside of devchain improvements. But who cares? Most people don't really buy it for the clockspeed of the CPU or anything, that might be some marketing material but no one is running out to the store asking for the 1.8767ghz 8 core Xbox One. The hardware comparisons on forum are largely between other consoles, the PC is a very different platform with its own set of pros, cons and unique software. People buy consoles for the games and the convenience factor, something that you can't put a price tag on.

It is kind of pointless to make any conclusions about any platform this soon into a new generation, most of the time the big ticket games don't appear until ~2 years later. Even the Wii U's destiny is far from written just yet despite the doom and gloom from the press. Besides hardware capabilities are one thing and fun games are another. The PS3 was a very powerful machine at its release and had very few decent games.

Anyways the article is clickbait, there is always generational overlap and it always takes awhile for consoles to build up a respectable library.

This comment was edited on Apr 11, 2014, 16:32.

News Comments > Morning Patches
27. Re: Morning Patches Apr 11, 2014, 15:26 Verno

Slotting a green will be a major upgrade and yes it will show on the character sheet.  

17. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 11, 2014, 15:13 Verno

Axis wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 14:08:
But consoles traditionally have cut close to bleeding edge, surpassed, or in the very least been able to perform better with customized code than the equivalent PC of the day within a reasonable amount of time at release. They had their own unique identity with the tech that powers them and the way they are used.

This hasn't been true for awhile now and isn't true of the Wii U either. Most developers don't even fully leverage the hardware of the consoles until well into their life cycle anyway so the PS4/Wii U/etc still have a long way to go. Consoles have always been about unique experiences and convenience. I don't buy a console game because it might run better on this hardware as opposed to a PC, that's just spergy. I buy console games because I either like to play them in the living room, they aren't available for other platforms or because I like to play them with friends and family.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2014, 13:26 Verno

Or egotistical cooks who have the social skills and charisma of a bratty 6 year old. We definitely need more of those...on TV.

Great video Blue, thanks for posting it

14. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 11, 2014, 10:06 Verno

Axis wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 09:11:
nin wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 21:49:
Yeah, I'm still amazed at the number of people saying "omg, this gen sucks." I remember the N64 launch and how for the first year, any game coming out (AT ALL) was a big deal...

Well 'this gen' for the Xbone and PS4 is just a crappier version of a PC - so yes, it does suck and nothing special to write home about.

That's every console generation in terms of third party games and they still get plenty of exclusive games that do not appear on the PC at all. Same goes for the Wii U.

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! Unchained Revealed
18. Re: Orcs Must Die! Unchained Revealed Apr 11, 2014, 09:39 Verno

I don't know, I've heard that complaint a few times but I didn't find the second game much harder than the first. People said it required too much but I found that most of the time people were trying to rigidly stick to things that worked on previous levels instead of trying new strategies.

This turning into a MOBA is just greed, bloody hell

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 11, 2014, 09:18 Verno

Re: Shaq Fu. No thanks, I want Barkleys Shut Up and Jam Gaiden 2  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Linux Beta Next Week; Playthrough ~50 Hours
25. Re: Wasteland 2 Linux Beta Next Week; Playthrough ~50 Hours Apr 11, 2014, 08:33 Verno

Cutter wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 18:00:
Oh what the fuck ever. Alright, Fargo and co. not like they lack the experience in making games. Stop nitpicking dumb shit. Christ, you sound like a bunch of whiny fuck fanboys. Oh wait, that's because you are.

You're like the Rosie O'Donnell of these forums, I might as well be reading youtube comments when you post utter shit like that. Lots of loud noise and very little substance. Think about actually acquiring knowledge on a subject before you post about it. That will go a long way to helping out your little problem where you post something not only incendiary but incorrect, then have to try to walk it back after the forums point it out.

I know you think its great to have a strong opinion or whatever but when it has no foundation you just embarrass yourself. Sadly I'm not even sure you're self-aware enough to realize it.

News Comments > Morning Patches
7. Re: Morning Patches Apr 10, 2014, 16:17 Verno

Not to mention, that's exactly how professional farmers and botters operate

These people don't really matter anymore with the auction house being gone though. You can't even trade gold anymore. It's so easy to make money and get items that the incentive to bother with that stuff is gone too. If someone gets their enjoyment from farming the same chest 1000 times it literally doesn't affect me anymore. I kind of get where they're coming from with creators vision and all that stuff but it feels like whack a mole sometimes and I have to wonder why even bother, it's not like this game has sub fees or something.

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Apr 10, 2014, 15:33 Verno

descender wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 15:00:
The problem I see with F2P games is really the people that complain when they have to eventually spend some money. What on earth did you think was going on here? Did you think they just built these games to waste time? They are very obviously always going to have a hook that requires some monetary investment. Every game can't be as popular as LoL/DOTA2 with installed player bases in the millions that no longer care about the average freeloader. They will always and forever be initially designed around generating a constant revenue stream.

It's not about paying money by itself, its about how much and how often. Some games do the F2P model better than others. Personally I am not a big fan of F2P games as the restrictions tend to be very arbitrary and profit driven. There's nothing "wrong" with that but as a consumer I prefer more complete experiences where I don't need to add the silly game to my monthly budget.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Linux Beta Next Week; Playthrough ~50 Hours
12. Re: Wasteland 2 Linux Beta Next Week; Playthrough ~50 Hours Apr 10, 2014, 14:19 Verno

Cutter wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 13:15:
2 years is more than enough for a game of this size and caliber. As per usual this is typical Obsidian mismanagement again with production schedules. I'm sure they made a fuckton of money on South Park, so they should hire additional resources if needed to finish this. They're already 7 months over schedule. This is just one more reason I'm done with crowdsourcing. Schedules and time are very important in my books. So is keeping your word. If someone says they're going to do something by XYZ then the better do it or don't say it at all. Go tell your boss that whatever project he has you on you're going to delay it 6-12 months and see what his response is.

What the hell are you talking about? I can only assume you are confused because they subcontracted Chris Avellone to consult on the writing. Obsidian as an entity is not involved other than that, it is being produced by inXile Entertainment.

This comment was edited on Apr 10, 2014, 14:26.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 10, 2014, 10:52 Verno

All of Microsofts games are like shitty F2P games these days except you have to pay $60 on top.

They are just so profit driven and don't give a lot of value, I don't think I could ever go back to their ecosystem. It was just one big wallet bleed, every little thing they can ding you for and then some. I expect a business to make money but when they put that priority over shipping quality products and giving me consumer value then fuck them. They are still paywalling fucking Netflix while everything sold today has a free interface to it.

News Comments > Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced
3. Re: Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced Apr 10, 2014, 10:01 Verno

I really dislike this trend of making your site/forums just be reddit, it makes finding information a pain in the ass. Smite did a similar thing recently.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2014, 09:09 Verno

Cutter wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 13:31:

He made millions of people happy. So yeah, that matters. In fact, it matters a whole lot more. Come talk to us when you've done the same.

I'm sure his impact on the world will be felt for generations to come Rolleyes

News Comments > The Evil Within Trailer
12. Re: The Evil Within Trailer Apr 10, 2014, 09:06 Verno

The lead on this game usually knocks em out of the park so I'm interested.  

News Comments > Into the Black
12. Re: Into the Black Apr 9, 2014, 15:22 Verno

Cutter wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 19:12:
Why do those morons think this is funny? Oh right, they're mouth-breathers that work at McDonalds...in Florida. Doesn't really get much dumber than that, does it? I swear when I see/hear/meet people like this I think, 'The Idiocracy must be stopped.' Of course, Churchill said it best....

Honest labor is honest labor, I don't know why you would look down on another service industry worker when you should know what a tough industry it can be at all pay scales. I'm sure you didn't magically appear in your dream job either, life is a journey for everyone.

News Comments > Evening Patches
14. Re: Evening Patches Apr 9, 2014, 11:45 Verno

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 11:41:
If the problem is disconnections, then they're probably more interested in fixing that instead. Frankly, I doubt they even want to let you save your "progress" with the bounties. The bonus is there to encourage longer sessions, so why allow people to get the same benefits when playing in short bursts?

You can't fix disconnections though, its an inherent issue with internet play. There are so many variables that its probably better to have some sort of temporary save state time allowance. I have no idea why you're so against this when all people are asking for is like 5 minutes of grace time if you get DC'd. It is completely reasonable.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed
15. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed Apr 9, 2014, 11:43 Verno

I'd like to be optimistic but man, recent history with Gearbox and outsourced stuff isn't exactly encouraging.  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: Hardware Reviews Apr 9, 2014, 11:19 Verno

I love my FireTV, its basically a better version of the Ouya and the Roku to some extent. I settled on a build of XBMC that does 1080p playback just fine and having Netflix/etc built in is just gravy. I'm still in the messing around stages but its a fantastic little unit with some flaws to work out like any 1.0 hardware release. Once I find a way to get unsigned apps onto Amazon launcher instead of sideloaded through the Apps/Settings menu I'll be rollin.

I'd like to see them index all apps with the voice search and they really should have an IR fallback in the next iteration.

15865 Comments. 794 pages. Viewing page 47.
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo