Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 17232 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 8, 2015, 12:02 Verno

They mention in comments how organized activities are handled mostly through these social media tools today.

Thats news to me, our kids school does everything through a blog and has a pretty strict policy about out of school communication between teachers and students. Its a system that works very well.

The comment about snapchat use among grown men was just tongue in cheek.

In any case guy was stupid in multiple ways, shame its going to ruin his life but he only has himself to blame.

Playing: Dota 2 Reborn, The Witcher 3, Super Metroid
Watching: Galaxy Quest, True Detective S2, Dark Matter
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2015, 11:42 Verno

Cheers Frans, if you can remember how old you are then you're still ahead of the game!  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB
48. Re: The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB Jan 8, 2015, 11:41 Verno

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 10:23:
And still no specs for GTAV which is supposedly a couple weeks from release..

Starting to get worried about rockstar's PC fuckery again.

Yeah I'll let other people preorder that thing, I'm going to wait a week on it and see. Nothing to gain from preordering anyway.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $69M
16. Re: Star Citizen at $69M Jan 8, 2015, 11:39 Verno

zombiefan wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 11:32:
Congratulations to Chris Roberts for figuring out how to turn Kickstarter into a subscription service. Next stretch goal: automatic debit payments!

The scary thing is that they're up to 180 employees, 4 worldwide offices, licensing, etc. That's gotta have an insane burn rate on that bling. So if the funding levels drop off I'm starting to wonder how they would ever finish this. They say they can scale development up but I'm not sure you can do the same thing in reverse once scope and features are set. I just hope Roberts knows what hes doing.

That being said, the people who did back it seem pretty happy for the most part. I'm mainly curious more than anything else, I hope it turns out well for people. When there is an official "1.0" type milestone for the aggregate product I will probably check it out.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 8, 2015, 11:15 Verno

I'm more tired of the excuses from muslim communities. Its an extreme minority that is not representative of our culture, we wash our hands of it and the like. Do these guys have to detonate a dirty bomb before they wake up and start to acknowledge the problem? There seems to be a pretty thin line between moderate and extreme muslims, many scholars and authors have been threatened by muslims living in western & european countries.

Is there any reasoning with people who want the rest of the world to strictly adhere to one sided bronze age cultural standards? Is tolerance really working? Can these two disparate civilizations actually co-exist peacefully? I often wonder.

News Comments > Zombie Studios Closed
2. Re: Zombie Studios Closed Jan 8, 2015, 11:12 Verno

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 10:51:
For being around for so long, how come I've only heard of them just now?

They did mostly console work and didn't really have any standout stuff aside from maybe Spec Ops.

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 8, 2015, 10:52 Verno

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 10:37:
Frags4Fun wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 10:28:
That coach is such an idiot. I feel bad for his poor wife. :/
I did not read the whole story but I thought he has a gf no wife.
He meant to send the video to his gf but ended up sending it to the soccer team.
Yeah shit happens lol

A grown man who doesn't know how to use snapchat should not be using snapchat. Hell, a grown man shouldn't be using snapchat. What the hell was he doing friending students on there anyway? Coach or not, that's fucking weird. Work and personal life separation barrier man, especially if you're interacting with female students. Male teachers have a hard enough time getting work as it is without bullshit like this.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Op Ed Jan 8, 2015, 09:01 Verno

LibertyOrDeath wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 18:09:
Yes, free internet for everyone you liberal pukes (just kidding).

You're annoying and should be banned again (just kidding)

I like this game.

News Comments > Origin PC CEO: Steam Controller Finalized; Steam Machines "Pretty Much Dead"
27. Re: Origin PC CEO: Steam Controller Finalized; Steam Machines Jan 8, 2015, 08:59 Verno

Interesting to see what the final iteration of the controller will be, they went through some pretty drastic revisions already.  

48. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2015, 15:03 Verno

Axis wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 14:56:
Thanks for your keen interest in my opinions, I'll again decline to add my opinions and simply point you to the same link of voting fact I posted for you to read. I'd also ask you to reread my earlier statements on the matter, as they covered all your regurgitated "Prove it" remarks I keep responding to.

That's a list of decisions, nothing else. I didn't ask for a list of her decisions, I can look that up myself. I asked for the specifics of why you accused her of being dumb, too politically ideological and how it has affected her decisions. Those were your assertions, not mine. It shouldn't be difficult to articulate the how or why you came to that conclusion. You can't co-opt a list of decisions and say its a fact that represents your decision without offering your interpretation of it. Also the whole handwave with "blah blah cant you see whats liberal" is really silly. You said it affected her decision making in a negative way and questioned her credentials, I just asked you to point to where it occurred. Not exactly unreasonable.

Two people say they don't approve of a conservative presidential candidate, one lists reasons why and the other just makes loud noises. Who do you give more credence to?

You aren't going to fool me with this transparent stuff about changing the subject and etc. So again, I will repeat it:

Which decision there? What ideology of hers is the issue? Why is she not qualified for the job? Other posters asked for the same thing and you haven't responded to them either. Its your opinion, these things shouldn't be difficult to answer.

That's it. It's pretty simple. Just one case is fine even in the interest of brevity. Also you seem to have confused me with a liberal here, I'm not a liberal. So you're just taking the piss with someone who is more likely to agree with you but needs context. It's context, not proof by the way.

22. Re: The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB Jan 7, 2015, 14:53 Verno

harlock wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 14:47:
thats what ive got and i see plenty of reasons, even gaming at 720p ... i recently got a gtx 970, and even that couldnt really get it over the fundamental hump - its a pcie 2.0 cpu but the card is pcie 3.0

gotta have rock solid 80+ fps, with all effects and bells and whistles - and its just not happening on that generation

I don't know, the real world gaming performance delta between the two seems to be almost non-existent. Granted the article is a year old but I'm not sure much has changed since then in this regard. I'm more worried about getting extra USB 3.0 slots (these old boards only have like 2) than I am about bandwidth limitations from the PCIE bus. I've got a 970GTX and I certainly don't have any issues in anything but unoptimized games.

I'm sure I will upgrade this at some point but I still don't see anything compelling yet. If you have some other benches feel free to shoot em out though, I love to tinker and I'm looking for ammo.

46. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2015, 14:35 Verno

Axis wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 14:22:
Glad you guys think so highly of my statements that you flounder like lost children when I don't comply to your demands.

Quite the opposite. Your complete inability to articulate even a single point of reference for your "opinion" leaves me no choice but to conclude you have no actual foundation for your opinion and are just simply parroting something you picked up from media or a third party.

You were the one posting here, no one made you come out with something so accusatory and then utterly fail to back it up with anything of substance. Here's yet another opportunity, I'll keep repeating it until you stop pretending:

Which decision there? What ideology of hers is the issue? Why is she not qualified for the job? Other posters asked for the same thing and you haven't responded to them either. Its your opinion, these things shouldn't be difficult to answer.

If I said the same thing about a person and someone asked why, I could easily explain my thoughts. I wouldn't necessarily expect everyone to agree but explaining why I believe something isn't a hardship or something. It's less time than it took you to write 12 overly defensive posts that say literally nothing at all.

It seems like you have some sort of negative attention disorder because you have a pattern of pursuing these political topics with similar results every time. Post something loud to get attention, cry foul, insult everyones intelligence and run away when details get involved.

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2015, 14:43.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2015, 13:34 Verno

BobBob wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 10:48:
http://tinyurl.com/o3twvno Thumbsup

Yes but LA smells bad

12. Re: The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB Jan 7, 2015, 13:22 Verno

i5-2500k still banging along here, best damned OCer I've ever come across. I'm looking for reasons to upgrade but still haven't really come across any. I think I need to swap the PSU in this soon though.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 7, 2015, 13:16 Verno

Prez wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 13:05:
Sony actually considered just not releasing the movie at all, so anything is gravy at this point, right?

Nah they were always going to release it, just marketing talk so that they seemed sensitive to the 'threats'

42. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2015, 12:36 Verno

Axis wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 11:42:
I won't waste time with those who are known to have no interest in debate or facts. I'm including you on the list.

Nonsense, that's all you've done here is waste time. Yours and ours. Replied over a dozen times and still haven't answered a single question. You keep making these childish, vague allusions to things that are supposed to be apparent but you can't seem to point to any. I am starting to suspect you can't because your actual opinion is "liberals bad!" and nothing else. Nothing wrong with that but next time say that instead of seemingly making things up.

For the 5th time:

Instead of last word tripe and failing to be smarmy maybe just answer the question which is all anyone wanted. You could've avoided all of this by just saying "oh because of this and this and because she thinks this way as this example shows". Sheesh.

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2015, 12:42.

35. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2015, 11:06 Verno

Axis wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 11:00:

So in conclusion, I posted a single fact -- a single relevant fact, well before you stated I had not.

That is all, I move on. Feel free to continue attempting to sway the folks who read only the last post that you were right. That is something I never feel compelled to do.

This is seriously childish, what is wrong with you? I read your link in detail twice. Which decision there? What ideology of hers is the issue? Why is she not qualified for the job? Other posters asked for the same thing and you haven't responded to them either. Its your opinion, these things shouldn't be difficult to answer.

32. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2015, 10:51 Verno

Axis wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 10:42:
I stated TWICE already Verno that I humored you and linked your "proof" of her voting record. Your problem is you cannot comprehend or don't bother to read.

You've tried this nonsense with other posters in other topics, I am not buying it. I've read both your link and many others on the subject, I comprehend them just fine. The problem is not other people, its that you can't seem to point to anything to support your assertion. You came to the opinion so this stuff should not be difficult to answer. The transparent crap about "not worth the time" isn't fooling anyone, you're here wasting time writing responses as it is so might as well just post it already.

So again, what ideology of hers so offends you and how has it influenced a few of her decisions? What lead you to believe this? Something she said, something she wrote, etc? Why is she not qualified to hold her job?

Stop getting your back up and actually engage for a change.

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2015, 10:57.

29. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2015, 10:40 Verno

That's childish nonsense. It's not "prove it", its "you said this, so what made you think this?". You can't seem to post a single relevant fact to support what you said, not one. You can't point to what specific political ideology of hers is the issue either. You like being vague because then you can try to dodge it with the transparent "well duh its there you just arent seeing it" crap that is fooling no one.

Your assumption that others haven't read up on it is flawed as well, people are just trying to see how you reached that conclusion but its becoming apparent that its just your own bias coming to the forefront.

27. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2015, 10:18 Verno

Yeah no, you don't get to play the "use google do research" card when you made the assertion and have failed to backup your opinion. You made the claim, you get to back it up, its not on anyone else to support your opinion for you. That's an obvious attempt to dodge the issue.

People weren't asking for anything comprehensive here, you failed to provide even a single fact to support your statement. If you don't want to then whatever, fair enough but don't act indignant or surprised if people assume you're full of shit. All I'm getting from this so far is "I dont like liberals" which is ironically as close minded and politically motivated as the criticism against her. There are plenty of liberals I don't like but that doesn't make them bad at their jobs.

So I ask again:

Kagan has been the wrong person for the job -- she is hardcore in her liberal ideology which takes precedence to her interpretation of the law. She is by far the least qualified ever to be appointed, and appears to me to be outright dumb in many areas.

What decisions have rankled you here? A sampling is fine. How have her specific political beliefs (which ones) affected those decisions? Why is she "least qualified", which metrics are you referring to?

I genuinely have an open mind in this area and I've read several of decisions already and I'm not seeing anything big here so feel free to point it out.

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2015, 10:32.

17232 Comments. 862 pages. Viewing page 45.
< Newer [ 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo