Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 15998 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 2 for Linux/SteamOS
7. Re: The Witcher 2 for Linux/SteamOS May 23, 2014, 12:17 Verno

NKD wrote on May 23, 2014, 12:13:
Verno wrote on May 23, 2014, 10:01:
NKD wrote on May 22, 2014, 18:25:
3 years late and NVIDIA only. Hold on, uninstalling Windows and installing Linux.

Why do you care so much if SteamOS becomes a viable platform or not? All of your posts on the subject basically amount to "heh nerds". Keep using Windows if it bothers you so much.

Relax chief, just making a joke.

You relax pal, just joshing around!

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 2 for Linux/SteamOS
5. Re: The Witcher 2 for Linux/SteamOS May 23, 2014, 10:01 Verno

NKD wrote on May 22, 2014, 18:25:
3 years late and NVIDIA only. Hold on, uninstalling Windows and installing Linux.

Why do you care so much if SteamOS becomes a viable platform or not? All of your posts on the subject basically amount to "heh nerds". Keep using Windows if it bothers you so much.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Videos
6. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 23, 2014, 09:57 Verno

InBlack wrote on May 23, 2014, 09:33:
With all the PS4 and XBone hype, and no mention of a PC release anywhere Im left wondering how this will be ported over to the PC. I imagine rather sloppily.

Uhhhh it's same day as console version and the PC version looks by far the best out of them all. Ubisoft also tends to do pretty good PC ports.

News Comments > Diablo III Legendary Anniversary Buff Becomes Permanent
32. Re: Diablo III Legendary Anniversary Buff Becomes Permanent May 22, 2014, 16:08 Verno

Yakubs wrote on May 22, 2014, 15:53:
Sigh. So I guess the ideal for you would be to log in, instantly get a level 60 paragon 200 character with all BiS items so you can try out all the builds?

Your selective reading is amusing but no, I don't mind farming otherwise I wouldn't be playing Diablo. I do like actually achieving the goals I set in the game which are heavily reliant on specific itemization (even moreso in this iteration of Diablo) and I don't mind it taking 250 hours instead of 300. I don't subscribe to your rigid definition of what ARPGs are either, I enjoy both the gameplay and the itemization but its very subjective. There are some classes that are pretty to play even while leveling and there are others that only shine when you hit certain builds with certain items.

There's the journey, there's the destination and Blizzard has catered to those who want only the destination, as fast as possible, to disastrous results (disastrous relative to the potential D3 had considering the legend of D1/2). This is supposed to be a Diablo game, not World of Warcraft. The entire purpose of these sorts of games is to farm for items while making do with incomplete and imperfect builds. That's literally the crux of the genre.

Except that's not what happened. You still have a very low chance of getting good items, it's not like they all exist perfectly rolled in a vacuum and are just waiting for you to play 3 rifts with the buff and shazam. Your rant ignores the fact that with or without the buff it is still extremely difficult to make a "complete" build for one class, let alone all classes. That's without going into the ongoing balance shifts within the game and other content additions. As someone who grinded the shit out of both games it is still very much a Diablo game and people aren't handed T6 on a platter or something. I've had extremely good luck and extremely poor luck both with and without the loot drop, it is all still very much RNG.

The game has far more important flaws to be focusing on, particularly related to itemization. When you have half of the dropped weapons practically unusable due to the piss poor gem design, the amount of legendary drops as a complaint is laughable by comparison.

This comment was edited on May 22, 2014, 16:15.

27. Re: Diablo III Legendary Anniversary Buff Becomes Permanent May 22, 2014, 15:05 Verno

Yakubs wrote on May 22, 2014, 14:14:
Time spent != how good the game is. I'd rather play 5 hours of a great game than 100 hours of a mediore game. D3 is a mediocre game and spamming Legendary drops doesn't change that.

Do I really need to spell out "time enjoyably spent" for you? Especially considering I already did in the text you quoted. Come on. I am quite ok with them upping the drop rate as many builds are item-centric now and I would rather actually enjoy using the build as opposed to waiting forever for items to drop so I can play the specific build I'm interested in.

I don't think Diablo is a mediocre game anymore since adventure mode, its just bordering on "good" and is pretty fun in a group setting. I certainly enjoy it more than other ARPG games on the market but of course that won't last forever and as I said I don't really want it to.

They're finally adding back ladders, more items and a bunch of other stuff in content patches so I'm sure the game won't get boring because of the drop rate. And if it does, oh well, they can adjust it. It wouldn't be the first time.

News Comments > Op Ed
29. Re: Op Ed May 22, 2014, 15:00 Verno

Maybe Mario can be whatever the hell Japan wants him to be because Japan is kinda crazy and who cares. Seriously go watch some of their game shows and commercials sometime then let me know if you think White Mario is a real problem.

I may be a white man but I'm not angry

23. Re: Diablo III Legendary Anniversary Buff Becomes Permanent May 22, 2014, 14:10 Verno

Mr. Tact wrote on May 22, 2014, 11:44:
Verno, I wish I had your luck. I tired Verno's advice on RRG, I'm over 50 act one caches with that method, plus whatever I had before without a ring. *sigh*

Sorry dude, its just a numbers game, you'll get it. Do a rift to break it up a bit, it gets monotonous after awhile.

It's more short-sighted design from the D3 team really. Do they expect there to be anyone left playing in ~3 months given that everyone will be full-on BiS within a couple weeks at this point?

To do T6 reliably you need a really optimized build with really optimized gear (or uh, be a WD) which isn't as easy as farming for a few hours, try adding a few hundred hours to your estimate. If any ARPG gives me 200 hours of gameplay then I call that a bargain. I don't want to play Diablo 3 forever, there are other games out there. I'd rather enjoy my time in it than have it be drawn out even further in a genre that is already known for grinding.

News Comments > Crytek Announces Arena of Fate
10. Re: Crytek Announces Arena of Fate May 22, 2014, 10:56 Verno

Alamar wrote on May 22, 2014, 10:45:
Verno wrote on May 22, 2014, 09:32:
MOBA has to be hitting critical mass soon, if not already.

I remember people claiming this ridiculously soon/early for MMO's...

I don't see how this is "ridiculously soon/early", we're years into MOBAs now and I've seen some fail already. It's a big market with a lot of interest from other regions but I think in NA its about hit its limit.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer
14. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer May 22, 2014, 10:43 Verno

bigspender wrote on May 22, 2014, 00:48:
mellis wrote on May 21, 2014, 20:56:
You wish Batman would just start killing the villains. I mean, you'd think after 3+ outings (Asylum, City etc), the population of Gotham would be getting a little tired of being whittled down by homicidal maniacs, especially given their reoffending rate.

Because Batman is not judge, jury, and executioner!

Yep, he's arguably more ineffective than all of the above.

News Comments > Qtracker Offers GameSpy Alternative
5. Re: Qtracker Offers GameSpy Alternative May 22, 2014, 10:26 Verno

DangerDog wrote on May 21, 2014, 20:54:
I thought EA shut down the master server for most of these games.

Gamespy was the backend for those games, they were running the master servers.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed May 22, 2014, 10:25 Verno

It's time for Mario to wear drag Freak  

News Comments > Evolve in October
7. Re: Evolve in October May 22, 2014, 09:58 Verno

I think you misunderstand me, I prefer a full team vs a full team. One player (god mode player or not) vs a full team just feels off. I will give it a chance though.  

News Comments > Evolve in October
5. Re: Evolve in October May 22, 2014, 09:46 Verno

InBlack wrote on May 22, 2014, 09:38:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 22, 2014, 09:31:
This announcement sounds like it is catered for the console crowd.
"preorder" "participating retailers" "expansion pack unlock" "skins"

The game may be fun on the PC but it is pretty obvious where their main focus is.

You are right, which is why I will not be preordering but waiting for reviews and word of mouth. Still I dont think they are going to fuck it up, they did do L4D after all..

L4D looked pretty raw before Valve got involved to be honest. But I hope they do well with it, I'm not a fan of the concept personally (I like team vs team) but to each his own.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2014, 09:39 Verno

What smoker did you end up going with anyway? Or is it a DIY job?  

3. Re: Diablo III Legendary Anniversary Buff Becomes Permanent May 22, 2014, 09:34 Verno

Awesome, I love the new rates.

Last night I got Lut Socks, IK helm, IK 2H, Pull of Earth, Cindercoat x2, Pride of Cassius, Sun Keeper and a bunch of other stuff. As someone else put it, this game is totally feast or famine. In 2 hours last night I got more awesome drops than I did in 2 weeks prior, my Barb is almost BiS on everything now. Can't wait to get home tonight and try to rock some T6.

News Comments > Crytek Announces Arena of Fate
4. Re: Crytek Announces Arena of Fate May 22, 2014, 09:32 Verno

MOBA has to be hitting critical mass soon, if not already.  

News Comments > Steam In-Home Streaming Launches
1. Re: Steam In-Home Streaming Launches May 21, 2014, 15:33 Verno

My HTPC is all wired up already but this will be awesome for people who are running little Fusion/NUC platforms and don't want to shell out for an extra gaming PC. Works very well on a wired network.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2014, 12:25 Verno

It's pros and cons like anything else. Puppies can be great but they're a shitload of work. You need someone who doesn't work to care for them, they can barely hold their bladder for the first 6 months. The upside is you get an unbreakable bond and a much stronger say in their training and habits. Rescues can be fantastic but unfortunately they can have both good and habits/traits that are often set by the time you get them.

I've done both and found it rewarding either way but it depends on what stage of life you're in and all that.

News Comments > Tropico 5 Preorders Soar
9. Re: Tropico 5 Preorders Soar May 21, 2014, 10:53 Verno

The Tropico games are hilarious and pretty consistent, I don't think a preorder is out of the question.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation May 21, 2014, 10:52 Verno

I think it was more due to their backend being hosted by Gamespy who shut down but I agree its kinda bullshit that they aren't implementing something else.  

15998 Comments. 800 pages. Viewing page 44.
< Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo