Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 14967 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2013, 10:41 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 10:37:
With Rogers out....my fantasy year is done.

Yeah that sucked Really worried about their game vs the Eagles this week now.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 5, 2013, 10:30 Verno

It was ok but man did they beat you over the head with the political subtext and metaphors.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 5, 2013, 10:12 Verno

That whole rumor was really dumb. Some idiots in Spain put it inside an airtight acrylic case. The PS4 and Xbox One both have thermal throttling so naturally the box powered itself down when it detected that morons were operating it. Once they discovered "hey maybe this thing needs air!" and removed it then it powered on again without issue.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Nov 5, 2013, 10:11 Verno

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 10:09:
Between the great job they did rebuilding 14, the early but cool looking 15, and the strong words coming from their new President regarding rebuilding the company, I am tentatively excite about Square again. I didn't think that would happen.

I'm a bit nervous about all of their cellphone plans but hopefully FF15 doesn't suck and drive them toward that alone.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 5, 2013, 10:05 Verno

The new director did an amazing job with FF14, I don't play personally but I've heard nothing but good things about it from others. To turn around that turd is nothing short of a miracle.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2013, 10:04 Verno

I actually got one of those newer power strips that has USB plugs and I just left the Kindle cord plugged in there because I kept misplacing it.

The Kindle Paperwhite gen 2 has damned impressive battery life if you leave the wi-fi off, I think I get a good month out of it and I usually read an hour or two a day. They really improved the spotty backlighting that the first one suffered from as well.

News Comments > Linux Metro: Last Light Released
8. Re: Linux Metro: Last Light Released Nov 5, 2013, 09:59 Verno

Dagnamit wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 09:07:
valve has got be subsidizing these ports somehow, right? Not that it's a bad thing to do, I just don't see why a developer would do it.

I doubt it, why would Valve give these guys money to port the game? They might be providing some developer resources and training but I doubt they're directly subsidizing anything.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
8. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 5, 2013, 09:56 Verno

Indeed. Ok let me rephrase that. We need to know that a proper TES game is in the works. So Bethesda, give it up. Tell us what we know to be true...

The millions of copies of Skyrim sold is the confirmation. I'm more interested in an engine rewrite and I hope they take their time doing it. The TES Gamebryo stuff is really creaky at this point, particularly the scripting and combat engines.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2013, 08:39 Verno

Most conservatives are reasonable despite the image people get from other sources. The anti-abortion, anti-evolution climate denial crowd is the exception, not the rule and we're just as embarrassed that they exist.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $26 Million
42. Re: Star Citizen Passes $26 Million Nov 5, 2013, 08:37 Verno

Cutter wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 06:00:
Cereal? This guy is claiming a million a week or every few weeks. It's rolling in like clockwork - apparently and all without any independent verification - and you guys are cool with that? Heh, ok. When the shit goes down y'all know exactly where I was on this mofo.

This isn't a charitable organization that needs an audit or something. If they lie about how much funding they have then it only hurts them.

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Maps & Editor Next Week
5. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Maps & Editor Next Week Nov 5, 2013, 08:35 Verno

It's not bad, it's just completely average. They completely missed the boat on new features in some areas while making inexplicable changes to the underlying damage calcs in others. The game has an over-reliance on random crits now which make infantry matchups a coin toss, the models and palette are indistinct and the games AA implementation is FXAA which makes things worse. There are a ton of reused abilities and units from the first game and as someone else mentioned the map design is totally unimpressive. The new engine runs a lot better in most respects (except for lack of SLI support) and the streaming features are good but man the game just isn't very fun.

I really really wanted to like this game but it's simply not a good game, just a really average effort.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 5, 2013, 08:25 Verno

InBlack wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 03:14:
This game is so damn meh, we need a proper TES game...

We just got Skyrim like 2 years ago, give it some time

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 5, 2013, 08:22 Verno

They might be correct, I'm on other forums and people are absolutely deluded as to that things capabilities. One guy swears the Kinect will change his entire life style, I didn't have the heart to point out how sad that is.

It's a camera with a microphone. Not seeing the big deal here.

News Comments > Steam Box Previews
26. Re: Steam Box Previews Nov 4, 2013, 15:50 Verno

Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:25:
WTF would I ask for hardware guys to work on software? We have bloatware that's basically been unchanged since it's inception. It's still a buggy, broken mess and they have over 65 million accounts.

This is factually incorrect, Steam has gone through several revisions with dozens of new features added. There are aspects of it I think need improvement and Steam development is all over the place, sometimes quickly iterative and other times maddeningly slow. To say it's "bloatware thats basically unchanged since its inception" is completely absurd and untrue though.

They've got 40 guys out of 310 working on SteamOS/SteamBox, I don't see any problem with resource allocation and the desktop client will likely receive functionality upgrades as a result.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Known Issues
28. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 15:00 Verno

DangerDog wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 14:41:
apparently they're trying to automate eliminating cheaters from the game, a good idea but they're not using enough data to determine guilt.

I would think accuracy of head shot kills and distance from target would be better metrics to go off of, of course whatever system they eventually settle on will just be 'gamed' by the people who make the cheats.

people are reporting getting banned from the game completely because of this, that's pretty harsh punishment without some sort of human oversight.

Haha that is totally fucking ridiculous. How could they not see a problem with that methodology?

Cheating in BF3 was annoying but you don't solve it by kicking people who get lots of kills in a game where you have vehicles that enable it.

News Comments > Bungie on Lack of PC Destiny Plans
25. Re: Bungie on Lack of PC Destiny Plans Nov 4, 2013, 13:28 Verno

Trevellian wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 13:19:
How many PS3/360 copies do they really think they're going to sell with new consoles out? I sure as hell wouldn't play such a beautiful looking game on an old and busted system.

I wouldn't either but a lot of people don't buy new consoles before they're $299 or less so there tends to be a lot of overlap between gens. I would expect the PS3/360 sales to easily surpass the next gen consoles if the game doesn't get beaten up by Titanfall in terms of marketing money and attention.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
16. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 4, 2013, 13:09 Verno

Quboid wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 12:16:
She went into work like that so she was in a room full of strangers, and she posted it to not-exactly-private Twitter. I associate Hallowe'en with a street carnival so I must admit the idea that this could be private didn't even occur to me but I don't think it occurred to her either.

Yep exactly. This wasn't people just randomly targeting her or something, she posted it publicly. Like I said earlier she should've expected a massive amount of negative attention for such a dumb choice, it just comes with the territory.

This is one of those stories where everyone sucks for different reasons. I don't feel sorry for her at all and I don't think the reaction was right even though it shouldn't have been a shock. I feel sorry for her parents I guess.

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 2013, 13:21.

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 4, 2013, 11:55 Verno

Creston wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 11:15:
nin wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 10:45:
Creston wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 10:43:
Gaming Media advertising whores defend Xbone.

Someone get Creston some doritos and mt dew!!!

AND GAMERFUEL!

Never gets old

Also there is literally a dorito themed Xbox One, demographic pandering at its finest.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 4, 2013, 11:23 Verno

Prez wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 10:19:
I just can't figure out how someone acting in poor taste is justification for death threats. Even her parents are getting death threats acording to the story. People suck.

Idiots beget idiots.

Normally I'd say people were being too sensitive but going out for Halloween as a Boston Marathon Victim you are pretty much sounding an airhorn for negative attention.

News Comments > Valve: Steam Offline Mode "Designed to be Indefinite"
45. Re: Valve: Steam Offline Mode Nov 4, 2013, 10:14 Verno

Offline mode works just fine for me, I don't regularly go without internet for 30 days consecutively and that sounds more like people pissing and moaning for the sake of it.  

14967 Comments. 749 pages. Viewing page 44.
< Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo