Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 17360 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 11, 2015, 09:34 Verno

It looks pretty boring to be honest. A cover shooter loaded with QTEs and scripted sequences. Meh.  
Playing: The Witcher 3
Watching: True Detective
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2015, 09:33 Verno

We're running out of room for the snow, we really need a brief thaw here. The snow mounds in my driveway (thanks mister plow) are so high that I have to be almost halfway into the street to see if theres traffic coming.

I am totally starting to understand that guy who took a flamethrower to the snow in his yard.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 11, 2015, 09:17 Verno

I'm not defending this practice but its pretty trivial to block at the router level. Samsung inserting ads into videos is way more annoying to me.  

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 11, 2015, 09:07 Verno

Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 16:26:
Still sticking to my original assessment: Titanfall would have been way more fun with more people. I spent way too much time gunning down AI and looking for other players to kill. If they don't up the player count, I won't even bother.

Yeah I really wanted Battlefield with mechs and instead got Call of Duty with AI.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Patch
18. Re: Elite: Dangerous Patch Feb 11, 2015, 08:49 Verno

I'm super interested in this game but I think I'll hold off until a few more content patches flesh things out. I really hope my crappy Logitech "Extreme" 3D Pro is up to the task.  

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Evolve
28. Re: Ship Ahoy - Evolve Feb 10, 2015, 15:18 Verno

DarkCntry wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 15:14:

People wanted the opinion of someone who owned the game, I gave it. I can't help that the gamer 'community' is so hung up on stupid shit that they don't take a game on the merits of the actual game and like to focus on whatever the controversy of the day is.

Well I mean don't get me wrong his response was silly and feedback is appreciated but you didn't really say anything at all about the game. Have load times improved since beta? I hated the huge ass waits between rounds. Is the gun play better? What modes did you check out so far? What is the Bot AI like? I hear its pretty rudimentary at best. Do you see the game having some longevity and being fun for longer than a little while?

News Comments > Diablo III Cheaters Banned
19. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 10, 2015, 14:52 Verno

Omni wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 14:40:
So uhm people are cheating to get a on a leader board that no one cares about or is it just bots farming ?

People were botting before leaderboards when gold wasn't even tradeable anymore. People just like to bot ARPGs.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 10, 2015, 13:11 Verno

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 11:58:
Hopefully Sony won't bankrupt their gaming division like the rest of the company

The gaming division is one of the few divisions actually making money so no worries there. They're getting rid of the rest for the most part. They just announced last month they had sold 18.5mil systems as of January and that puts them something like 8m+ ahead of Microsoft, the PS4 is gangbusters. What's crazy is how many they've sold without a ton of exclusives, I wonder what things will look like with some big titles landing this year. There's some speculation that console sales will slow down a lot this year but with the economy picking up who knows.

Anyways Playstation isn't going anywhere even if the rest of Sony is a shit show.

Seriously, it wasn't really worth it anyway. I had fun for a few hours, and haven't played it since. At least I stuck to my guns and bought it after I could find it for less than $40.

Yeah I wasn't terribly impressed with it either to be honest, I played the PC version a bit.

News Comments > Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details
21. Re: Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details Feb 10, 2015, 13:00 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 12:52:
Three AAA game stories on Blue's, three DLC/Season Pass set ups: Alien Isolation, Dying Light, and Evolve. I don't mind decently made DLC, but it's just depressing that that's become the business model, as opposed to waiting and seeing how the game does before committing to DLC.

People don't want to pay higher "box" prices and the cost of development is insane these days so the money has to come from somewhere. When I was younger game prices tended to be pretty variable and I wouldn't mind a return to that. Some games I would happily pay $100 for, others aren't desirable at $1. The entry price points these days are kind of weird and feel outdated.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 10, 2015, 12:36 Verno

NewMaxx wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 12:30:
I just have to say it...I'm sorry. The guy from the Oatmeal is a pretentious, liberal shit. Yeah, I find his cat comics funny and he's amusing at times, but the dude isn't God's gift to mankind. I mean for example he praises Tesla to the ends of the Earth...yeah, Tesla got shafted and overlooked. Guess what? Tesla was a douchebag in real life. No mention of that. Nope, guy is a saint! Let's build a giant museum to him because he's THE MOST IMPORTANT SCIENTIST IN HISTORY!

Whatever. The dude is just as self-righteous as any conservative but gets props because he takes controversial stances. Wake me up when he stops using the same old knee-jerk comics to get reactions from people...it's old, get over it.

I've never really cared for the comics much anyway, the schtick gets old fast.

News Comments > Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details
7. Re: Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details Feb 10, 2015, 11:40 Verno

You can pickup videocard keys on forums for like $35ish already, I was thinking about scoring this but I'm kinda burnt out on zombie games.  

5. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 10, 2015, 11:24 Verno

I've never done either but I do like some bourbon while playing Dota  

2. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 10, 2015, 11:14 Verno

Sometimes competing is fun though, nothing wrong with a little friendly competition to keep things interesting.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Feb 10, 2015, 11:04 Verno

Agreed, some laudable goals and rules there. I appreciate sites doing retail only reviews, far too often the publishers send out advance copies where the MP is looped into private servers. I hope other sites follow suit.  

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Evolve
5. Re: Ship Ahoy - Evolve Feb 10, 2015, 11:01 Verno

I don't know, the DLC shit was obnoxious but I am interested in hearing about what people think of it over the weeks to come. A common theme I've heard is that its fun but fleeting, no real longevity.  

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 10, 2015, 10:39 Verno

With the PS4 something like 8 million ahead in sales and growing its kind of no brainer for Titanfall 2 to be on the PS4.  

News Comments > Original Early Access Game Pulled
9. Re: Original Early Access Game Pulled Feb 9, 2015, 15:46 Verno

I still remember Cubeworld, god what a disappointment that was. It wasn't on Steam's early access but same principles apply.  

News Comments > Universal Combat CE Free on Steam
29. Re: Universal Combat CE Free on Steam Feb 9, 2015, 15:44 Verno

There is certainly something amusing about Derek Smart of all people calling Star Citizen a pipe dream.  

27. Re: Universal Combat CE Free on Steam Feb 9, 2015, 15:34 Verno

As was mine.

Ok? No one said it wasn't.

As I recall Derek Smart actually likes Steam, he abuses the moderation privileges to silence critics.

24. Re: Universal Combat CE Free on Steam Feb 9, 2015, 15:28 Verno

Krovven wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 15:25:
Not sure what you are debating. Shit is still shit.

I'm not debating anything and the text of the post is pretty self explanatory. I think it's shit but maybe someone else doesn't, people keep buying his games somehow.

17360 Comments. 868 pages. Viewing page 42.
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo