Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 15513 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > Gone Gold - Titanfall
8. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 11:00 Verno

BF4 is fun when Dice isn't fucking it up. It is definitely one of the best BF games, some of the level design is less than ideal for aircraft but I could care less about crying skylords.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
18. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 27, 2014, 10:59 Verno

Didn't they already say it was 900p?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2014, 13:53 Verno

Of course he has diabetes at 38 and probably less than 20 years to live but hey that pizza diet is totally working out.  

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Adds New Loot & Paragon Systems
15. Re: Diablo III Patch Adds New Loot & Paragon Systems Feb 26, 2014, 11:26 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 11:15:
A way to fight script kiddies maybe?

Haven't had a chance to play - hope to get back in soon.

With the AH gone and most decent loot becoming BoA I don't see why they would bother.

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
132. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 26, 2014, 10:26 Verno

I think the biggest sin Thief makes is in the audio department. I can forgive the AI because people are silly and the AI in the old games was nothing to write home about. I can forgive the level design because the industry is much different today and many gamers prefer a more guided approach, so long as I have options that aren't direct combat. I can forgive the cutscenes and story crap because I can just skip them. I can forgive the QTEs and badly hidden loading sequences.

What I can't forgive (and something that most reviewers didn't touch on) is how badly implemented the audio engine is in this game. Sometimes guards are carrying on a conversation 30 feet below me but sound as if they're right in front of my face. My footsteps often don't change when I move between different surfaces, making the same dumb clomp in 3/4 of the environments. Other times vital bits of dialogue will be lost for no reason. Things don't overlap properly but one sound bit often cancels out another one which is bizarre. Knocking things over makes no noise. Jumping down 2 feet from a guard produces no alarm most of the time.

The older Thief games rewarded your careful ear as much as they did your eyes and this game is an unforgivable step backward in this regard. It's not a horrible game but it's not really a good one either.

I use a VPN for Netflix so I can access US movies as the CDN Netflix sucks balls to say the least.

Most of my Canadian friends just use a DNS redirector, usually cheaper and simpler to implement for a home network. Unotelly, unblock-us, etc. VPN is good for early game unlocks though for sure.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2014, 15:51 Verno

Creston wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 15:37:
Fox is basically doing the same thing with the 24 mini-series coming this summer. (Which has me excited to NO END, because I absolutely fucking LOVE 24.)

I think there's an audience for 24 because people liked the Bauer character and the shows tropes were stupid but well worn. There are still very few shows like 24 despite many attempting the formula over the years. It's like comfort food for people who like rendition and the threat of viral/nuclear annihilation

Heroes though? Its ratings dropped off after the fizzle of the first season finale and the quality of the show never reached that level again. I lost track of who Ali Larter was supposed to be on a weekly basis. I don't know anyone who is chomping at the bit for more of that mismanaged turd. Did I mention its the same show runner?

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Platoon System "Very Soon"
2. Re: Battlefield 4 Platoon System Feb 25, 2014, 15:08 Verno

They issued a patch today that is supposed to stop the sound loop crashes (finally).

Of course let's not forget the sound loop crashes were a problem at retail which they took several patches to fix, they reintroduced the bug later on and it affected even more maps/players. So yeah hopefully it stays that way this time.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2014, 13:44 Verno

Bahaha NBC failed at bringing back 1997 so its going with 2007 instead, apparently they're trying to relaunch Heroes as a miniseries next year. Who exactly was even asking for this? The general public tuned out after the disappointing end to the first season and almost every sane fan ended up hating it by the end of its run.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 25, 2014, 13:41 Verno

Creston wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 11:37:
No. No, it really fucking doesn't. Net neutrality isn't about whether peering agreements are equal. While they have been in the past, it's easy to see that if one carrier sends 900 TB of data to another in a month, while the other only sends 50 TB of data in return, there needs to be some financial compensation. The internet has always worked this way, and there's no issue with that.

The issue is with this: Thatís what happened to Level 3 in 2010 when it started handling transit data for Netflix in 2010. Like Cogent, Level 3 initially balked at paying a fee, but it soon found its connections to Comcast overloaded ó not unlike an entrance ramp for a highway getting backed up. Level 3 eventually agreed to pay Comcast the peering fees.

And AS IF BY FUCKING MAGIC, the congestion vanished. THAT is in violation of net neutrality. Because Comcast is simply throttling traffic based on whatever whim they fancy. Which goes 100% against the fucking agreement they said they would adhere to until 2017.

And here's what the FCC chairman thinks about all these blatant violations of the entire concept of net neutrality.

Yep, exactly. Without net neutrality this will eventually filter down to the user in the form of internet channels or something retarded, just watch.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Preorder Bonuses
13. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Preorder Bonuses Feb 25, 2014, 13:19 Verno

Yeah supposedly it includes both, I think they were calling it the ultimate evil edition or something silly like that. It will retail for $60 but I will just wait until someone sells it for $40.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
8. Re: Sunday Mobilization Feb 25, 2014, 11:13 Verno

The Lumia is good hardware but Windows Phone isn't very good and the app selection sucks. I don't know what the point of even getting a smartphone is if you aren't interested in apps, there are so many useful ones that you won't find in a browser.  

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 25, 2014, 11:11 Verno

InBlack wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 11:01:
I have to disagree with you on this issue. Although she was a rather boring character her emphatic abilities saved the crew and ship on numerous occasions.

Go back and watch it sometime, I think you will be surprised. 9 times out of 10 she is just uselessly vague and often fails at basic tasks that are supposed to be her specialty. The character just felt like filler.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Preorder Bonuses
7. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Preorder Bonuses Feb 25, 2014, 10:52 Verno

I'm going to pick up the PS4 version when it goes on sale for $40.00 since it includes the base game + xpac. My GF and I played the PS3 version which was actually very fun compared to my memories of the PC version.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 25, 2014, 10:50 Verno

Prez wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 09:16:
I have a friend at work who comes to me with his computer needs since I'm the closest thing to a computer geek he knows. Yesterday he brought me his brand new laptop and said in an exasperated tone "Please take this thing and put Windows 7 on it. I just can't use windows 8 anymore. It is AWFUL." He is a low tech, lite PC user. This is the exact type of person that Windows 8 was supposed to appeal to, and he can't get away from it fast enough.

I am leaning towards leaving Windows 8 on it and just installing Classic Shell; I suspect that is the far easier solution.

Most people I know are buying Mac related stuff these days or just not buying new desktops or laptops. Windows 8 has a terrible reputation which isn't helping. It's kind of sad how far desktop power came but all people want to do is watch cat videos and post on Facebook

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 25, 2014, 10:46 Verno

First. Chief Experience Officer? Wow really? Seriously? Hey everyone Deanna Troi is back!

Hahah. I've been doing a TNG rewatch slowly while on the treadmill over the past year and its hilarious just how useless the Troi character was, I had totally forgotten.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 25, 2014, 09:07 Verno

That's quite a bit lower than I thought it would be, the Japanese market seems to be almost totally mobile/handheld these days.

Xbox One Twitch streaming to be introduced in March system update.

Better late than never? They announced this before launch as a partnership exclusive, turned out to be false and then they didn't even have it for launch.

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
117. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2014, 09:06 Verno

NKD wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 07:50:

I've been playing it a bit tonight and your experience mirrors my own. I just don't see what all the bitching was about. I truly don't. These horrible glaring flaws people talked about in the reviews are orders of magnitude less dire than they led us to believe. They are barely worthy of mention. Maybe if I put more hours in I'll understand, but so far so good. It doesn't even really feel like a franchise reboot, IMHO. It's just another Thief game. You'd have to set it on easiest difficulty and run around being a psycho to not get the Thief experience, and that'd be your own fault.

Looking at some of the reviews again, I feel like most of the reviewers didn't understand the point of a Thief game and they were expecting something more flashy like a Deus Ex.

On the other end of the spectrum you have the die-hard Thief "fans" who have been swearing up and down that the game was going to suck for YEARS. These guys are so invested in their own opinion that they are psychologically incapable of enjoying the game.

If I put a few more hours into the game and everything goes to hell, I'll have to change my view on the game, but like I said, so far so good.

Supposedly the game plays it hand early on and the tedium sets in after a few hours. I didn't have time to play yet to see for myself

News Comments > PC Deus Ex: The Fall Next Month
2. Re: PC Deus Ex: The Fall Next Month Feb 25, 2014, 09:04 Verno

Mobile sloppy seconds?  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 24, 2014, 14:31 Verno

Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 11:49:
You would be a big fan of the government's proposed net neutrality bill where everybody has access to the same internet speed. Although it will be slow and expensive as hell with additional fees for high traffic websites like Amazon. It's easy and "fair" to make sure everybody has shit. We don't want hurt feelings now do we?

...except that's what ISPs are trying to do right now.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 24, 2014, 14:00 Verno

Babylon 5 actually kind of sucks in season 1, its the rest of the series that people rave about. Season 1 they were getting their footing and it really shows.  

15513 Comments. 776 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo