Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 16176 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2014, 10:01 Verno

Its pretty dumb. I think that people who treats their pets that way don't really love them and are basically just throwing money at it to avoid taking any responsibility.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2014, 09:42 Verno

I'm not even slightly surprised that people are overfeeding their pets given how many dumb parents overfeed their kids and refuse to admit that they are fat. Reading that article is a wake up call for how many irresponsible pet owners there are and how over the top the pet care industry has become - pet hotels, pet spas, doggy facials etc. I mean holy shit just read this:

Besides the ‘‘pawlates,’’ the camp was filled with swimming, nature hikes, treadmill trots, facials, massages and healthy treats like organic granola, string beans and carrots.

Hahah. Train your dog, exercise it regularly, take it to the vet and don't feed it horrible bullshit. It really isn't that hard to give a pet a decent life.

News Comments > Transformers Universe Beta Opens Tomorrow
1. Re: Transformers Universe Beta Opens Tomorrow Jul 3, 2014, 09:31 Verno

Mo moba, mo problems.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: RE: Follow up Jul 3, 2014, 09:25 Verno

Axis wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 14:08:
UConnBBall wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 11:04:
Sad. It seemed like everyone was dying for this to come out on KickStarter and BAM nothing. Except TowerFall

Ouya's software implementation was terrible and they never got it right - the hardware is/was good for most games minus their touchpad on the controller (which was terrible). Many of us were expecting eventually a google-play partnership with their hardware interfacing it well. I put plenty of APK's on it that worked perfectly, they were just silly and now they're desperate.

Their front end didn't do them any favors but their controller was kind of a clunky piece of shit and they had basically no exclusive software lined up despite vague promises beforehand. Their marketing was retarded too, Julie was outright deceptive at times and they really seemed to have no plans for the obvious setbacks that even casual forumgoers predicted. The hardware is kind of balls for anything other than old emulation or playing little mobile games too. I think the most use people got out of it was a slightly gimped XBMC box that did some emulation.

The whole thing was a very predictable trainwreck, there were indications long before release even during the Kickstarter. If you want people to buy a console then you need some form of first party software that they can't get anywhere else, that's what sells consoles. Price is important but being cheap isn't enough as they learned the hard way.

News Comments > CliffyB: Don't Call My Comeback a Comeback
45. Re: CliffyB: Don't Call My Comeback a Comeback Jul 3, 2014, 09:17 Verno

I'm not sure what he expects to do on his own so I'll wait until there's more info.  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Change Plans
23. Re: Battlefield Hardline Change Plans Jul 3, 2014, 09:12 Verno

InBlack wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 09:10:
Verno wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 08:56:
I remember Dice saying that Battlefield wouldn't be a yearly franchise because it would hurt the quality. Times have changed

As long as the main political players today remain large corporations, companies will never be held liable for the fabrications and propaganda designed to appease their customers.

This is a relatively harmless example. There are far worse ones out there, obviously not in the gaming industry.

Errr ok, I think you misclicked dude, this is the BF thread

20. Re: Battlefield Hardline Change Plans Jul 3, 2014, 09:08 Verno

Maybe they mean the mainline series but even that is stretching it at 2 years given all of the rampant Q/A problems with each release.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
11. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 3, 2014, 09:00 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 20:39:
Julio wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 20:27:
Creston wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 20:19:
Oh Poppy, Lindsay, it's not you. We've never seen photos of you being railed in the ass while bent over a lawn table. There is simply no similarity here.

Maybe the court case will require those photos to be made public...

iish. She is disgusting. She sounds like a 60 year old woman, but then again when you chain smoke like she does and the amount of drugs she has done - that makes sense I guess. She has not aged gracefully....

As Sepharo noted, she's always sounded like that. It's common in adults who were collicky babies that did damage to their vocal cords. One of my buddies sounds like hes done heavy smoking and meth for 20 years for similar reasons but hes the squarest person I know.

Lohan is obviously a cracked out moron anyway but her voice isn't the reason shes gross and disgusting IMO.

18. Re: Battlefield Hardline Change Plans Jul 3, 2014, 08:56 Verno

I remember Dice saying that Battlefield wouldn't be a yearly franchise because it would hurt the quality. Times have changed  

News Comments > ShootMania Roadmap
21. Re: ShootMania Roadmap Jul 3, 2014, 07:22 Verno

Axis wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 01:34:
What exactly do you need spelled out Verno? blah blah bunch of personalization

All I asked for from the beginning was more detail on your claims and this supposed poor response from the developers. You said you made forum posts and other stuff but can't even provide a profile link for people to read them. It's not unreasonable for people to ask considering you bizarrely say "go read!!!" if anyone asks for clarification. Relinking something you already posted that has little info without any clarification doesn't really help.

Don't act cutesy with me Verno. You have no desire to be "enlightened" or have rational detail or discussion with me - you've proven that time and time again. You seek out my criticizing posts and try to take some lofty spot that only encourages the few I've stifled to attempt another attack. I've humored you this time only because the few rational people on this board need to see how ridiculous you are - and frankly I'm sure they already have before I "spelled it out".

Haha well I'm happy you think I'm cute but sorry I'll act however I want and if you don't like it then tough shit. You've been the one failing to goad me with personal attacks this entire time, all I've consistently done is ask for background of the vague assertions you made. It is pretty disingenuous to claim I'm being unreasonable when you're the one making ad homs for no reason. I suspect you think being asked to support your position is being "attacked" which is pretty telling of where the problem lies here. You're making this sound like people are asking you for DNA or something but really its just a regular convo that happens on this board all the time so I'm not sure how you expect to interact with people if you're going to flip out every time someone just says "oh hey why do you think?" or "can you source that?". It's a literal every day occurrence.

So chill out there fella, all I wanted was to read some of this interaction between you and the developers but its apparent you can't provide it so no big deal, I'll just seek out other opinions. Making a mountain out of a mole hill ITT, sheesh.

This comment was edited on Jul 3, 2014, 07:35.

8. Re: Battlefield Hardline Change Plans Jul 2, 2014, 23:14 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 20:24:
Check out WarFace ya slugs! It is free and co-op is pushed. You can lift eachother over walls and onto high platforms like Army of Two games.

Gotta be blunt man, that game looks really boring.

17. Re: ShootMania Roadmap Jul 2, 2014, 23:08 Verno

Axis wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 16:40:
I will not list my posts or emails in an effort to appease your supposed interest. I'd love to think you were trying to be helpful, but I know better.

I never said I was trying to be helpful dude, that was you. I was just asking to see some rationale or detail to flesh out what you posted. People ask each other that all the time on here, I have no problem explaining my opinions *shrug*. Pretty reasonable request given that you weren't exactly detailed earlier. If you can't explain then I think most people get the picture.

14. Re: ShootMania Roadmap Jul 2, 2014, 15:59 Verno

Axis wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 15:15:
It's exactly what I stated - reasons the game is crap -- a result of blowhard marketing and poor development -- a warning for people not to spend money on a game that doesnt care.

You said you gave meaningful feedback to the developer and received little in response, I am just asking for a few examples to read. I'm more interested in reading the details rather than the opinion/emotion side of it which seems to be what you said here. I don't see the problem, I'm genuinely interested in reading about the games issues and I'm willing to do the reading myself, just need the links to the posts or profile you used on their forums. I'm not challenging anything you said, just wanting to see the context from both sides which is pretty reasonable. This isn't personal, if Creston had posted the same thing in this thread I would have still asked

I provide info and context for my opinions on here all the time, you're always free to ask and I will do my best to answer

This comment was edited on Jul 2, 2014, 16:22.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin
41. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin Jul 2, 2014, 11:30 Verno

InBlack wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 06:20:
Ok got the game yesterday. Wow its been a while since Ive been thrown in the deep end of the pool, so to speak.

There are just a TON of options in the game, and the interface aint helping none.

Just had time to create a pair of characters ranger/mage and had one fight so far which I lost like a goddamn noob that I am.

So, anyone know of a good tutorial video or page or anything which I can access to try and get to grips with the game rules/interface??

Turn the difficulty down to Normal if you're having that hard of a time. Yes the interface in this is complete balls and so is the camera. Rest of it is pretty aces though, I'm having a good time. The tutorial dungeon is good for basics but there is a wealth of other unexplained crap in the game that you need to figure out on your own or by reading the digital manual.

News Comments > WildStar Updated
15. Re: WildStar Updated Jul 2, 2014, 10:18 Verno

Agreed, you can't boil entertainment down to a ratio. I do like to choose games with replay value just to make my dollar go a bit further now that I'm older but I would will drop $50 on a title that only offers 5 hours as long as its very memorable and fun.  

7. Re: ShootMania Roadmap Jul 2, 2014, 10:10 Verno

Axis wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 09:44:
They are points made after hours and hours of playing and posting "constructive" posts (that were largely ignored) and talking with the small community over a period of months.

Can you link some of your constructive posts about the game for the rest of us to read? The below doesn't give people much to work with, its just venting.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2014, 10:07 Verno

Didn't watch the game, you're all speaking Greek to me  

4. Re: ShootMania Roadmap Jul 2, 2014, 09:23 Verno

To be fair none of that is particularly constructive nor does it suggest improvements so if that's what people are offering then I'm not sure how the devs are supposed to improve anything.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 2, 2014, 09:19 Verno

Hahaha Iwata is hilarious, his approval increases despite worse company performance. Oh well good on him I guess. I just hope MK8 is enough to turn around the Wii Us fortunes.  

News Comments > Age of Empires Online Goes Offline
3. Re: Age of Empires Online Goes Offline Jul 2, 2014, 09:18 Verno

Damned shame to see this previously very popular and profitable franchise run into the ground.  

16176 Comments. 809 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo