Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 17886 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > DICE Starting "The Next Battlefield"
54. Re: DICE Starting Dec 14, 2015, 09:14 Verno

I got a fair amount of mileage out of BF4 but found the flight ceiling very frustrating in jets, scout chopper was too imba and attack heli was awful. The gunplay itself was decent but forgettable. The gameplay itself suffers unless you play with buddies due to the squad mechanics being so half assed. People literally just use each other as spawn beacons and nothing more. Hardcore improves this a bit but then you're dealing with some of its inherent balance problems and stupid server rules that seem endemic to the wannabe milsim types who tend to own them.

Anyways this will be the same thing as the last game. They will ship with less features than prior games and maybe iterate some of them back months later.

Playing: XCOM 2, Diablo 3
Watching: American Crime, Regression
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Dec 11, 2015, 12:16 Verno

I got mine last week and have been playing with it a lot. There is a huge learning curve to it and the degree of customization is insane. You can basically fine tune it to suit nearly any game to your particular tastes, this has major pros and major cons. Sometimes I get the perfect settings and it feels fantastic being able to play something with a greater degree of control as opposed to a 360 controller on the couch. Other times I sit down with a new game after a long day and really don't feel like messing around for 15 minutes to get things right.

As the previous poster mentioned the BPM requirement is a major annoyance for fixing problems and fine tuning. I hear there have been large improvements over prior firmware iterations but I wouldn't know since mine is recent.

Anyways despite some niggles I really do like it as a total controller replacement with the caveat that people should make sure they're prepared to invest a bit of time and effort into ensuring it functions they way they like on a per game basis. If you want something more homogenized then no reason to stray from the usual console controllers.

News Comments > XCOM 2 in February; Digital Deluxe Edition Revealed
26. Re: XCOM 2 in February; Digital Deluxe Edition Revealed Dec 11, 2015, 11:59 Verno

Yifes wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 10:28:
NamecaF wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 01:59:
Most of that money you pay goes to the publishers/suits with a small percentage going to the developers. The developers still end up with a shit load of money so just imagine how fat the publishers and execs are sitting.

You'd be better off pirating it and then sending a cheque / anonymous donation to the developers directly, if you really wanted to reward them for their work.

So what if most of the money goes to the suits? (It doesn't BTW, it goes to Take-Two's shareholders) They determine what games get made, if the developers get bonuses for their games selling well, if the developer gets to make similar games in the future, etc. 2K deserves to be rewarded for putting their money behind a turn based tactical PC exclusive game in 2016. If you're a fan of PC gaming, the last thing you should do is say fuck you to these execs. If everyone behaved like you suggested, the developers would be ok for a while, but would soon be out out of a job, and there would be no XCOM 3.

Exactly. People like to think there is some fat cat middle manager who is pocketing all of the profits but they don't really understand how compensation in the industry works. Even if that were true, developers are still going to be dependent on prior sales performance for future projects to a large extent. With PC projects these days that is hugely important, every sale matters.

News Comments > XCOM 2 in February; Digital Deluxe Edition Revealed
25. Re: XCOM 2 in February; Digital Deluxe Edition Revealed Dec 11, 2015, 11:54 Verno

Simon Says wrote on Dec 10, 2015, 12:38:
THREE DLC PACKS ON RELEASE? You gotta be fucking kidding me... Well, here goes one game which I was awaiting with great anticipation to buy that I'll be pirating on release with all DLCs included. Fuck'em.

Now MoO remake, don't make that same "DLC puke in the plate" mistake please. Thanks!

I know you've since backtracked on this but it was a seriously wrong headed response and your indignation that other people would be annoyed by it is why I'm reinforcing the point. You didn't seem to understand that your mistake was two fold.

You aren't entitled to a game just because you don't like the distribution. If you really believed in what you were saying that much you would ignore the game entirely. Pirating it is just rewarding yourself and the justification fools no one. You can dress it up however you want with different terminology but you're taking something for free that you did not pay for. Instead of contributing to piracy stats and dicking over people maybe just stand on your principles next time, assuming you were serious about it in the first place.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 11, 2015, 11:50 Verno

"wifi ban" hahaha like that was ever on the table or even in their control.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2015, 09:02 Verno

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 19:31:
I can understand liking Trump because he isn't a politician and speaks his mind. However, he has suggested we make decisions on entry to our country based someone's religious beliefs, something which is clearly against one of the main things the US stands for -- religious freedom.

Not to mention the fact just asking someone's religion when they are at the customs gate isn't exactly something that's going to actually keep determined terrorists out of the country.

Yep exactly, it's mind boggling that people think its anything other than reactionary pandering. I don't have to respect someone for speaking his mind when he's so utterly clueless on the subject. I have a lot of experience with muslim culture and I'm not a big fan for many reasons but I think its far better that we assimilate their culture rather than the other way around. The idea that we can just stop them at the airport or something is ludicrous.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2015, 11:38 Verno

$2 million. Kind of moron who is blowing his money faster than he can make it. One day not far in the future we'll be reading about how hes met with adversity and crumbled due to poor planning. Forget karma, hes just stupid.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 9, 2015, 11:34 Verno

Too bad Freesync is pretty trash compared to G-Sync right now because otherwise I agree with you on most of that. When my old monitor died I had to go G-Sync because Freesync right now is a mess and most of the flagship monitors are mediocre. I'd argue its manufacturers who need to get their shit together with Freesync implementations, G-Sync is expensive but its fantastic. I dislike expensive closed standards but in this case it just works.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 8, 2015, 10:52 Verno

Really don't care for the bullshit deployment strategies Microsoft is employing. If people hide the app then let it be, don't issue 10 different fucking versions on Windows Update in an effort to force it through.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support
11. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support Dec 7, 2015, 14:52 Verno

It's unintentional and the community will work around it, happened many times before.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2015, 10:56 Verno

Yeah you're right, its even less useful. I can't place the name but they basically had a brief meeting with the Postmaster general who said that he was going to put them out of business.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2015, 09:57 Verno

Envelope only shot apparently. Also right after they shut down that company who was trying to do the same. Stay classy USPS.  

News Comments > Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced
24. Re: Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced Dec 7, 2015, 09:20 Verno

Exactly, I just buy their games when they're out of early access. If you aren't willing to take risks don't use early access then whine about it later, problem solved.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 7, 2015, 09:15 Verno

Aero wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 19:58:
Retired wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 16:31:
JC 3 is amazingly fun.

Agreed. I've apparently been lucky enough not to run into any bugs at all. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's going to be a classic, and anybody expecting something revolutionary would be disappointed, but what it definitely is is JC2 cranked up a couple notches, which is exactly what I wanted from it.

Also the gunplay mechanics are much improved, which makes firefights fun, whereas they were kind of a chore in JC2.

I think maybe it would be more appropriate to call it Just Cause 3.0.

That's good to hear, the gun mechanics in JC2 were really lame. I'm severely backlogged but I'll pick this up later on for sure.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2015, 16:45 Verno

Cutter wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 12:29:
American parents are much more afraid that their children will see penises than decapitations according to a new survey commissioned by the ratings board.

And there's your problem right there, Vern.

Not sure why you're using my name here, its 5 letters btw shouldn't be tough. I can only assume you mean nin or someone else who posted. I didn't post in this thread, on this subject or even send in the story. Don't try to attach my name to your rants or whatever.

News Comments > Shadow Complex Remastered for Free
16. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 15:53 Verno

I'm working on a new app called Launch Your Launchers. Basically it launches your other launchers. Keep all of your handy publisher launchers in one list! I'm going to make a killing, I can feel it  

29. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2015, 15:41 Verno

eDave wrote on Nov 28, 2015, 16:54:
Cutter took my son under his wing back when WoW came out and really helped him get started.

I'm sure he did, right before he started his ridiculous nazi apologism, making racist comments and generally acting like an immature little twerp. The good does not outweigh the bad.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2015, 13:45 Verno

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 13:32:
Guy did good making it to 48. To be a rocker I reckon you have to have a tormented soul.

Cats only have 9 lives and Weiland used up 15. Lucky indeed.

News Comments > Dark Souls III in April
3. Re: Dark Souls III in April Dec 4, 2015, 13:44 Verno

One of the few games I will buy a CE for. Really looking forward to this.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2015, 10:22 Verno

Sad to see Weiland go. He had a lot of problems but was so damned talented.  

17886 Comments. 895 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo