Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 16301 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 5, 2014, 10:19 Verno

The irony of Sony the champions of the rootkit being hacked so thoroughly is pretty amusing.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Leaked Street Fighter V Trailer Suggests PC/PS4 Exclusive
6. Re: Leaked Street Fighter V Trailer Suggests PC/PS4 Exclusive Dec 5, 2014, 10:15 Verno

Bundy wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 09:56:
Microsoft does this with Tomb Raider and the internet explodes. Sony does it with Street Fighter and nobody gives damn.

Pretty quick to jump to the double standards thing at comment #4 in the thread. The story was posted an hour ago and isn't even confirmed yet. It is probably just timed exclusivity like Tomb Raider anyway and North American audiences care more about TR than they do about SF I would wager.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 5, 2014, 09:27 Verno

Apparently the new Street Fighter game is exclusive to PS4/PC. No idea if this timed or not.  

News Comments > Into the Black
31. Re: Into the Black Dec 5, 2014, 09:11 Verno

I have no idea what to make of that but if it isn't rated R I'm not interested. Hollywood has totally watered down movies in recent years and I'm tired of comic book violence and quick jump cut edits.  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $65M
58. Re: Star Citizen at $65M Dec 4, 2014, 15:24 Verno

panbient wrote on Dec 1, 2014, 15:45:
As for the console game thing, I remember paying over $100 (Canadian) for Final Fantasy 3 when it came out on SNES, and pretty sure Doom64 ran for like $129 when it released.

Dude there were so few copies of FF3 printed that my brother and I made our poor mother drag us around 3 different towns looking for it. We finally tracked it down at some dodgy ass pawn shop type store, the guy only had 1 and we paid $140 for it. Better believe we played that thing for like 100 hours hahaha.

News Comments > Deus Ex "Dawn" Engine Revealed; DX Universe Clarified
2. Re: Deus Ex Dec 4, 2014, 15:08 Verno

Go easy on the orange filter this time guys  

PC Gaming > Darksiders 2
2. Re: Darksiders 2 Dec 4, 2014, 15:07 Verno

BobBob wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 12:43:
I purchased Darksiders 2 for the Wii U for $10 (Nintendo eShop Black Friday Special). So far all the game-play feels like jump here, kill very few enemies and hunt for keys. Does it get better than this later on or did I just purchase a single player game with "MMO play style" without realizing it?

The dungeons are more of a Zelda experience but yeah they did the overworld like some crappy MMO, it was a disappointing move considering the structure of the first game was more limited and appealing.

News Comments > Game Reviews
36. Re: Game Reviews Dec 4, 2014, 15:00 Verno

With the right build Dorian does absolutely insane damage as Fire/Necro, wow. Just messing around with my companions now. The game has terrible AI that makes it difficult to effectively evaluate anything unless you spend a few hours playing it yourself.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2014, 13:01 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 11:28:
So does the PS gold work with just my regular tv too?

If you have a stereo jack on your TV/receive or adapters to accommodate it then yeah.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2014, 11:23 Verno

The PS gold set works fine for PC/PS4 but I think the Bone uses a proprietary port for headset connections. I don't know for sure though, someone else can chime in there. In typical Microsoft fashion it appears there is a peripheral for this too. I agree with nin, its a good set for the money. Wireless headphones quickly get into absurd prices and often have issues, that's the only pair I've ever been happy with.

This comment was edited on Dec 4, 2014, 13:02.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2014, 10:56 Verno

I doubt it Batman. Maybe if Bestbuy does another trade-in promotion but I wouldn't count on it.

Now is probably a good time for a next gen console, lots of third party stuff out there and that bundle is a pretty good deal. You will want a controller dock or second controller though, DS4 battery life sucks.

29. Re: Game Reviews Dec 4, 2014, 09:43 Verno

Ok, the game isn't for you fair enough. But these ignorant comments about the graphics are silly. What "graphics"? The texture work? The models? The animations? What bitrate were the videos recorded at for both? Was everything equal? Video compression is largely garbage in, garbage out. Like Skyrim there are some areas where it excels and others where it comes up short. Overall though its a very visually appealing game with a strong design aesthetic. Some of the zone design is almost breath taking. There's something to be said for good art direction rather than amazingly high res but otherwise bland texture work.

Also comparing heavily modded Skyrim to unmodded Dragon Age is apples to oranges in the first place.

You should be a little more open minded and actually try it yourself sometime, I don't think you're really giving it a fair shake.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
26. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 4, 2014, 09:37 Verno

InBlack wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 09:22:
Oh common Verno, thats bullshit and you know it. We are talking about gamer culture here, geeks and nerds galore. Poeple who are into roleplaying and shit. Neckbeards all over the place. When was the last time you saw an interview with a male developer who actually wore a shirt and tie????

The same standards dont apply and everyone fucking knows it.

I'll decide what I know for myself thanks. I'd like to think most male and female developers would dress up slightly if they knew they were going to be photographed with regards to Gamergate. Of course the same standards don't apply to everyone, that's the point. People tend to judge you based on your appearance first and foremost.

News Comments > Target Halts Grand Theft Auto V Sales Down Under
69. Re: Target Halts Grand Theft Auto V Sales Down Under Dec 4, 2014, 09:25 Verno

Ozmodan wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 18:31:
Good for them.

For all the clueless people who said it is just a game, I feel really sorry for you failure to grasp basic humanity.

Please tell us all about basic humanity.

27. Re: Game Reviews Dec 4, 2014, 09:22 Verno

Sorry IB but I agree with them, watching a gameplay video on Youtube is not the same thing as playing it yourself. Its fine to say you saw a video and don't think its for you but making the sort of conclusive judgements you did in that comment just seems silly when you haven't even played it.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
24. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 4, 2014, 09:14 Verno

BitWraith wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 09:02:
Typical blame the woman for the man's behavior bullshit. It shouldn't matter if she was nude - control yourself.

I get your point but your appearance absolutely matters for both men and women in almost all facets of society. If I was going to be photographed for a commentary on gamergate I would be wearing dress casual at the minimum, if not a tie. You can bet if I was unshaved, wearing a tank top or a D&D shirt and saying anything that could be conceived as against feminist principles that people would be calling me the stereotype, I doubt anyone would be saying "who cares how he looks control yourself".

Of course its also easy to get the Cutters of the world worked up by doing so and get them to say sexist things on the internet which makes your agenda look better.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Dec 3, 2014, 13:18 Verno

Spektr wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 04:15:
What's this all about with the Suicide Squad? They're already in the Arrow series. I don't see how they are going to use Harley Quinn and Deadshot as villains if they put them in that movie. Is Hardy going to reprise the part of Bane or another character? Chris Evan syndrome...

Hardy is playing Rick Flagg. Arrow and the movie don't have to make sense in terms of continuity either, companies have ignored stuff like that before.

The presence of Will Smith isn't encouraging though, he and his agent carefully neuter almost every role he takes so that there's no risk of harming his mass market audience.

7. Re: Game Reviews Dec 3, 2014, 12:37 Verno

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 12:30:
I never really got the hate for DA2. I thought if fit perfectly fine within the DA narrative as a whole. It introduced some great characters and set up the mage-templar war that we're seeing now.

It was really shallow/repetitive and the writing was substandard IMO. They had 18 months to make it and it really showed. I never liked how hamfisted the plot setup was for the Mage-Templar conflict but DA:I does a pretty good job with the aftermath here.

This comment was edited on Dec 3, 2014, 12:42.

5. Re: Game Reviews Dec 3, 2014, 11:56 Verno

I think the Hinterlands is a direct reaction to the criticisms of DA2 not providing enough content and being too small. Honestly it's not a bad zone when you ignore the collection quests and just do the zone/story quests there. There's also a cool bandit fort and some other stuff to check out, plus a big scary dragon

Go advance the story a bit and check out Crestwood and Storm Coast. That will probably help.

2. Re: Game Reviews Dec 3, 2014, 10:24 Verno

The crafting interface is balls which is a shame because the system itself is actually pretty good. The rest of your complaints are totally valid but I will suggest just getting out of the Hinterlands for awhile and seeing what else the game has to offer before making up your mind.

Try to ignore the MMO filler as much as possible, it over levels you for story content and is frankly quite dull. I would focus on exploring, doing the main quest and companion quests for awhile. The story picks up significantly later on and its worth the wait. I only do the bullshit MMO crap if I am already in the area doing something else. Go do Crestwood, fight a dragon, check out some companion quests, advance the story, etc.

It's definitely a game with warts but overall there is more to it than the collection shit in the Hinterlands.

16301 Comments. 816 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo