Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 17502 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 16, 2015, 11:25 Verno

I'm super happy about the lack of shields in this, I thought all of the turtling people did in videos/pvp was lame and it made the gameplay too predictable.  
Playing: Dark Souls 2: Scholars of the First Sin
Watching: Mr. Robot
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 16, 2015, 11:20 Verno

Last year had a ton of disappointing releases and DA:I was pretty decent, expectations were low after DA2 which didn't hurt either. For all of the crap it gets from myself and others it was a genuinely good game dragged down by some regrettable design issues.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2015, 10:58 Verno

Blue wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 10:18:
Shineyguy wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 10:15:
I read a few articles on it Blue, seems that the new charges are in relation to some new information that was revealed in the HBO series that aired.

Oh there's no question of that... not what you expect at all from a documentary, as the filmmakers definitely became a huge part of the story. It could not have played out more like fiction if they had scripted it.

Now I'm intrigued, I will be checking this out later tonight. I really enjoyed the HBO special on Whitey Bulger I watched last week and I didn't realize this was a 6 part miniseries.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2015, 10:16 Verno

Finally got around to Interstellar last night and was happy to see outside of a few stupid moments and some Hollywoodisms that it lived up to the hype. The movie was almost 3 hours long but I didn't really mind. I remember reading complaints about complexity when it come out but I thought It was much more approachable than Inception which was an unnecessarily dense movie for such a simple plot.

I think I will rewatch Memento soon and try to forget that third Batman movie Nolan did.

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 16, 2015, 09:06 Verno

Can't wait for Bloodborne, saw some gameplay stuff from people on Youtube over the weekend before it got nuked and it looks excellent.  

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Confirmed
38. Re: Titanfall 2 Confirmed Mar 13, 2015, 15:59 Verno

The problem with Titanfall was the bullshit matchmaking and the interface. I want user controlled dedicated servers and if you won't support mods, at least ship a barebones fucking map creator. When you're a brand new IP you need every customer you can get and you get those people by courting them with features that your competition doesn't have or at least by doing it better.

I won't play FPS games with matchmaking as their only MP interface and if that means I play less FPS games in the future I'm ok with that. Quite happy to keep buying the ones that do offer it.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 13, 2015, 10:40 Verno

InBlack wrote on Mar 13, 2015, 10:30:
A black hole is not really absent, nor is it really a hole.

(Sorry to nitpick Verno, slow day at work I guess )

Yes, that's kind of the whole point in the context of Microsoft.

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 13, 2015, 10:22 Verno

"I think (Valve) they've got a great vision," he says. "I've said it before, the work they've done on the Windows gaming side for 15, 20 years has been amazing. They've been the shepherds of that ecosystem while we've been a little bit absent.

LOL understatement of the year there Phil, more like an absence akin to a black hole.

News Comments > Op Ed
40. Re: Op Ed Mar 13, 2015, 10:16 Verno

Well then, I guess that's all cleared up  

News Comments > Star Citizen is Huge
81. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 16:36 Verno

{PH}88fingers wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 16:22:
nin wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 10:31:
InBlack wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 10:15:
Bullshit. It has everything to do with it. Hard-drive space would not be an issue if they would concentrate on doing a Space game first and foremost

"Pew Pew! Let's add in a first person shootar!!!!!"

I wish I'd never backed this on KS. What it was then, and what it is now are completely separate things. Even at $37, I have buyers remorse...

Buyers remorse and wish you hadn't backed on KS, please msg me privately and I'll happily fix that problem for you. I will paypal you $37 for your account instantly.
But why do I somehow doubt you will reply... hmm I wonder...

I also am filled with dismayed regret over Kickstanding this multiplayer online adventure game. Perchance you could immediately paypal me $37 to rectify this situation. God bless you and your family good sir, I will gracefully await your positive correspondence.

- Prince of Nigeria Verno Nwanagu Aghedo

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 12, 2015, 14:57 Verno

Cutter wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 14:52:
It's far too dangerous a process to not have some sort of verification. Shit, park them around the corner and have a cop sneak up and scope out the house first. I don't see any reason why SWAT should be raiding places on just a single phone call from an anonymous source.

They don't just show up guns blazing to every single call, you have no idea what you're talking about and there are many situations where they do "scout" the situation. Sometimes people don't answer the door and they err on the side of possibly preventing a homicide rather than just heading back to the station and say aww shucks. There are many procedures in place for this but sometimes those call for a rapid entry because there are many legitimate calls where that is required and sometimes very little separates the two.

The real problem is the people making the calls, not the police. You can improve any process and departments are constantly refining their procedures every single year, I'm sure this is one of many things they will look at but acting like the cops are just a bunch of cowboys is incorrect and irresponsible.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 12, 2015, 14:40 Verno

Sure, the cops will just phone the place and ask if theres anything going on Rolleyes

People want the police to come in heavy if they're in trouble because that's how many of those calls go. The fact that some retard wants to abuse the process means the punishments should be severe to deter the practice, not that we stop having the police take these situations seriously. There is a whole escalation process here from 911 dispatcher to police entry, its already taken very seriously.

News Comments > Steam Gift Restrictions Tighten
4. Re: Steam Gift Restrictions Tighten Mar 12, 2015, 10:32 Verno

I just put things on my wishlist and wait until they hit my desired price.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 12, 2015, 09:28 Verno

Who says cops aren't held accountable?  

News Comments > Terraria: Otherworld Tower Defense Elements Revealed
7. Re: Terraria: Otherworld Tower Defense Elements Revealed Mar 11, 2015, 15:30 Verno

gilly775 wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 11:16:
Verno wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 09:52:
Really excited about this, got a lot of mileage out of Terraria, the addition of actual goals and objectives to sandboxers doesn't hurt things at all. Shame Starbound totally failed to deliver but hopefully this doesn't disappoint.

How did it totally fail to deliver? I'm still finding fun in both games.

Early on they were pretty tight in following the roadmap and adding new features. Then one of the leads left and things seemed to stagnate. I've also been frustrated that they seem to focus a lot on grindy bullshit that no one liked, often ignoring overwhelming feedback from users. A lot of aspects of the game could really use a sanity check in terms of time spent vs enjoyment. To be fair I haven't played it in awhile (since they forked it), I got kind of fed up and put it on the backburner. Maybe I'll spend some time on the weekend with the new version.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
22. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 11, 2015, 15:06 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 14:41:
InBlack wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 03:27:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 20:57:
We are fighting a war on the street.

I know its a figure of speech but this is disturbing. If policemen feel they are in danger 24/7 they are much more likely to use excessive force.

I wish I could enlighten you - I just can't. Sorry. You can clip and snip all you want, but the whole post goes together, not just this one line.

Even in context that line isn't reassuring though and it just seems like you're dodging it. War is a word with meaning to many people, I'd be careful in how you use it as it just bolsters people like Cutter. I think you can tell by my earlier comments that I'm not anti-police or something but your words were a bit troubling without some explanation.

JD already said it best, missed his post.

This comment was edited on Mar 11, 2015, 15:15.

News Comments > Op Ed
35. Re: Op Ed Mar 11, 2015, 13:54 Verno

AngelicPenguin wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 13:10:
Verno wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 14:11:
The article makes some good points but doesn't really propose any real solutions. The volume alone makes Greenlight tedious for everyone involved but curating content by staff had its own set of complaints from devs/users. Perhaps some sort of hybrid system is best, I don't know.

Ya I felt the same way about it. If something isn't working, complaining about it is fine if you also offer some possible solutions/alternatives.

Maybe they don't have any, but then I probably wouldn't complain about something I can't think of a way to do better.

Fair enough but that's not quite what I meant though. I was just commenting that while the system is flawed, it's not easy to come up with solutions for anyone involved and that there will be people unhappy regardless. It's easy to highlight the problems but those have been known for awhile, the issue is that Valve's goals probably aren't realistic here.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
16. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 11, 2015, 10:07 Verno

Right wing isn't a pejorative no matter how much you want it to be. If you don't want to be dismissed out of hand then you need to be more mature and realize that there are opinions other than yours out there, insulting them just polarizes things even more.

To the topic itself I don't necessarily with some of the things you said but this is wrong:

And why do people need to call the cops to begin with? They're not allowed to defend themselves.

Yes you are allowed to defend yourself, don't be absurd. The reality is that most people do not want to defend themselves, that's why we live in a society where people assume defined roles and share communities. Police are absolutely desired by the general populace, its just an easy target for people to grumble about. Have you ever worked a job where you are never praised or recognized except for extraordinary events but your mistakes are heavily scrutinized? One that combines life and death situations with judgment calls that go above and beyond what most people have to make in their entire life? Decisions that have to be made in a split second while you fear for your life or the lives of others?

Maybe have an iota of empathy for policemen. There are bad cops out there but you take the good with the bad like everything else in society. Expecting cops to be perfect is ridiculous and for the most part I thinks cops are held accountable for their actions. The media doesn't like to focus on the routine layoff and firing of police for various reasons including disciplinary actions unless it accompanies a big social issue, its not a sexy story.

News Comments > Terraria: Otherworld Tower Defense Elements Revealed
1. Re: Terraria: Otherworld Tower Defense Elements Revealed Mar 11, 2015, 09:52 Verno

Really excited about this, got a lot of mileage out of Terraria, the addition of actual goals and objectives to sandboxers doesn't hurt things at all. Shame Starbound totally failed to deliver but hopefully this doesn't disappoint.

This comment was edited on Mar 11, 2015, 11:01.

News Comments > etc., etc.
26. Re: etc., etc. Mar 11, 2015, 09:47 Verno

Sepharo wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 01:12:
Verno wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 14:56:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 23:59:
The only wireless things I have are my cellphone and tablet.
Wired mouse, keyboard, headphones.
There's an ethernet cable between my computer and router.

Who wants to deal with batteries and data loss.

Oh my god....

My comment was about a wireless controller, one that originates from the console world. I use wired connections for everything else for the record but it is a total waste to pay $60 and not at least get the option for wireless out of the box when talking about a controller.

This isn't about MLG Counter-Strike whatever.

Holy overreaction. I was just describing my setup. Wasn't really addressing your comment. I don't care what you use

YOU HAVEN'T SEEN AN OVERREACTION YET

Ok sorry my bad

17502 Comments. 876 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo