Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 15805 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization May 14, 2014, 09:51 Verno

Man give me driver-less cars any day, that shit cannot come fast enough.  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
14. Re: Evening Consolidation May 14, 2014, 08:42 Verno

DangerDog wrote on May 14, 2014, 04:17:
Fantaz wrote on May 13, 2014, 20:34:
all the Kinectless Xbox One discussion is in the other comments thread. it's a better deal now in Canada if it's really only going to be $399 here.

now that Kinect will be sold separately it should be easier obtain and connect to a PC now. I've heard from schools and devs that the new Kinect 2.0 is a lot better than the old one for their projects. should be great to have the new Kinect in combination with an Oculus Rift.

I thought they made it so you couldn't plug in a Kinect 2.0 for xbox one into a PC. Is there a hack that makes this work?

It's a proprietary plug but someone might've figured the pinout. There is a Kinect 2.0 for Windows but I'm not sure if/when that made it out yet.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2014, 14:32 Verno

harlock wrote on May 13, 2014, 13:22:
when Jodorowsky was originally tapped to do the Dune movie back in the 70s, he went with Giger for the concept art and alien design... man that would have been one hell of a movie

The Jodorowsky Dune documentary on its failed production is tragic, bizarre and fascinating. I'm sure you've seen it but for anyone who hasn't, check it out.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Morning Consolidation May 13, 2014, 12:42 Verno

Glad to see competition alive and well in the gaming industry.  

2. Re: Morning Consolidation May 13, 2014, 11:05 Verno

It was always ridiculous that they were paywalling services they didn't even provide to the customer.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2014, 10:39 Verno

He had some truly striking creations, shame.  

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted
27. Re: Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted May 13, 2014, 09:23 Verno

ItBurn wrote on May 12, 2014, 22:00:
I don't know how I'd feel about Rockstar releasing gta 5 and rdr. On one hand I REALLY want to play the games and vote with my wallet to get more of their games on PC. On the other hand, I want to vote with my wallet and protest the delay and the bad treatment of their PC fans by not buying them.

Or just buy games you like and not worry about making a political statement out of them

If you want them to release more games for the platform, the best thing you can do is purchase them anyway. That's all they care about - money. They're not going to sit around wringing their hands about why people aren't buying the game, they will just release them on other platforms.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
12. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 13, 2014, 09:14 Verno

Ozmodan wrote on May 13, 2014, 08:19:
To them, if you post a comment that disagrees with the article they use the ban hammer. They are really sensitive to anything that disagrees with their views on global warming.

Nah I'm with nin and RM. I've been on Ars for over a decade and that simply isn't true. Maybe you need to examine your own posting habits. Blue is very lax compared to other forums in terms of moderation. Looking at your posting history here, you would be permabanned on most of them for that kind of low content garbage.

This comment was edited on May 13, 2014, 09:33.

News Comments > Darksiders "Not Dead"
14. Re: Darksiders May 12, 2014, 15:50 Verno

jdreyer wrote on May 12, 2014, 14:46:
Meh, I thought the first Darksiders was too button-mashy and consoly. I quit after an hour. Didn't bother picking up the 2nd one.

It's a nice mix of Zelda and God of War IMO. The second game was really weird though.

14. Re: Morning Consolidation May 12, 2014, 15:16 Verno

NeOCidE wrote on May 12, 2014, 14:54:
Verno wrote on May 12, 2014, 14:18:
NeOCidE wrote on May 12, 2014, 14:01:
My word, attitudes towards Diablo III have changed. This game fun now?

It's more fun than it used to be but still needs some work. Definitely worth a go if you've already paid for it on the PC.

I did indeed buy for PC upon release. Completed it, and never returned. I swore never to install again, but I believe Blizzard have reacted to player disapproval.

Since the PS4 version as you've mentioned does come with Reaper of Souls its a very tempting proposition. I can imagine it playing very well with controller and big screen TV.

It has same screen co-op so I can play with my GF, we did it on the PS3 demo and she loved it. So few games have it these days, otherwise I wouldn't be buying it again.

10. Re: Morning Consolidation May 12, 2014, 14:18 Verno

NeOCidE wrote on May 12, 2014, 14:01:
My word, attitudes towards Diablo III have changed. This game fun now?

It's more fun than it used to be but still needs some work. Definitely worth a go if you've already paid for it on the PC.

News Comments > Game Reviews
14. Re: Into the Black May 12, 2014, 12:22 Verno

NewMaxx wrote on May 12, 2014, 08:20:
Meh, the entire series is overrated (much like The Witcher), made for people who like to pretend they are hardcore, adult gamers but really meant for them to wave around their Game of Thrones-esque epeens in alternating targets of newbs and fellow circle appreciators. Great, you like to engross yourself in a challenging, dark game world that is so different than the cookie-cutter casual candy land that you rally against as an effigy of the real world. Never mind that the community cultures behind these games are more akin to the workplace watercooler than the dungeon of the forsaken such gamers like to pretend it is. Instead of acting grown up, maybe you should just grow up. (applies to some of the players, not all)

This has little to do with the game and instead targets some imagined sub-culture behind it. Maybe people just like a challenging videogame with a great combat system? I play all sorts of videogames including "candy land" type stuff, a good game is a good game. Maybe you need to grow up and stop worrying so much about what other people think. There is a vocal minority of douchebags surrounding pretty much every game on the internet.

That being said I thought it was a fair review and his points about the game poorly explaining its various systems are well made

This comment was edited on May 12, 2014, 12:36.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation May 12, 2014, 11:52 Verno

Creston wrote on May 12, 2014, 11:32:
Verno wrote on May 12, 2014, 10:42:
I think I'll get the PS4 version, it comes with the original + expansion and they did some awesome UI stuff for the console versions.

Is that coming out on the same day?

Yep August 19th for all consoles except the Wii U. $60 for PS4/XB1 and $40 for PS3/360.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation May 12, 2014, 10:42 Verno

I think I'll get the PS4 version, it comes with the original + expansion and they did some awesome UI stuff for the console versions.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse May 12, 2014, 10:41 Verno

jomisab wrote on May 12, 2014, 09:56:
And that 50% of Netflix users would start using what other service(s) instead??

Seriously, people just don't see how much money they completely waste on a daily basis and how $2 really means nothing. How about you go without a Starbucks latte one day per month and then have two months' worth of that Netflix price delta covered?

Yeah I don't get that either. The Netflix streaming catalog is easily worth the fees unless you only ever watch current day stuff and nothing else. $500+ iPhone? No problem! $11 netflix? NOOOOO!!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
58. Re: Steam Top 10 May 12, 2014, 08:42 Verno

NKD wrote on May 11, 2014, 22:25:
Cutter wrote on May 11, 2014, 19:24:

Jesus, Blue you have to get that ignore function working again. I'm so sick of these trolls.

Holy fucking shit the irony.

My thoughts exactly. Also the ignore stuff works fine, he is probably running NoScript and forgot to whitelist the site.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse May 9, 2014, 16:15 Verno

Ratty wrote on May 9, 2014, 11:04:
I so so so want to get off Comcast. Not only are they expensive but I just don't want to be any part of their huge, slimy machine. I wish there was a website called something like "Cutting the cable in your area" that listed all the alternatives to cable and ISPs available in the various places people live. And what are the options for the non OTA television shows I like to watch? I really don't mind getting some of them a season later on Netflix, but none of those shows stream. You have to get the DVDs in the mail. At least I'm not into watching sports as I know that's sometimes a barrier to cutting the cable.

OK, how about this on a website? You fill in a checklist of the shows you like to watch and they tell you where you can get them besides cable.

Oh, and the last thing. I must be able to fast forward through commercials. One of the reasons Hulu isn't a viable option for me.

You should send me a PM sometime and I'll fill you in some "alternatives" that can be automated and almost duplicate the traditional TV experience. Requires some work, an HTPC and an internet connection.

News Comments > Dying Light Delayed
14. Re: Dying Light Delayed May 9, 2014, 15:48 Verno

There's no accounting for taste I guess. I thought Dead Island was really clunky and aside from the melee combat I can't say that I cared for any aspect of it. Bad story, janky game that needed a third party app to be tolerable, weird co-op functionality and interface, etc.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue May 9, 2014, 13:42 Verno

No no no! You're supposed to whine and stomp your feet. This is the internet. Get with the program or prepare to be called racist, misogynist, homophobic, you hate the poor, you hate the working class, you hate this and you hate that. Work? That's crazy talk. You're just a hater.

That's some RollinThundr worthy empty ranting aimed at nothing in particular.

But when people do take advantage of that, what do many of them do? They get a great career with great pay, and squander it. My wife keeps in touch with one of the students she met in her nursing classes, and this woman had, had, a $55,000 a year position and lost it because she "couldn't afford" to go up to a BSN when state requirements changed. She also celebrated getting her associate's degree by buying a $60,000 car, and bought another one a year later because she wanted the newer one.

I think people in general live beyond their means in North America, sure. I don't know that most of those people are working at McDonalds though. People can't really begin to save when they don't have the education to get a better job and can barely afford to eat. Some people are able to pull themselves out of it with a support system but not everyone has that. Many corporations are exploiting a shitty situation and could afford to pay a better wage which might let some (but not all) of these people actually move onto better things through hard work, re-education and so on.

News Comments > Free Plants vs. Zombies
9. Re: Free Plants vs. Zombies May 9, 2014, 13:38 Verno

BitWraith wrote on May 9, 2014, 13:32:
Verno wrote on May 9, 2014, 11:19:
I had all sorts of problems getting this to run in fullscreen acceleration on my girlfriends Windows 8.1 box and Popcap support was worthless. Yet another reason I kept my gaming PC on Windows 7. Hopefully they've patched it since because it looks and plays like shit without it.

? I've played this game for hours on Windows 8 (pre 8.1) and it runs fine.

There's a 3D acceleration bug they don't feel like fixing on certain system configs with Windows 8. It works with 3D off but the game looks like butt and runs poorly. PopCap doesn't seem interested in fixing it.

15805 Comments. 791 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo