Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 15506 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 11, 2014, 09:37 Verno

Dark Souls II destroying Metacritic toot toot.

Microsoft's Azure cloud servers responsible for Titanfall's in-game AI, freeing up power for more advanced graphics

Uhhh wow marketing... The bots in that game are horrible and the game runs at 792p on the Xbox One with noticeable slowdown and screen tearing.

The PC version puts it to shame and the "cloud" is just a fancy way of saying dedicated servers for multiplayer.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Titanfall Reviews
67. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 09:29 Verno

Tim Collins wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 08:36:
This is ham of a game meant for kids, straight up. Polygon is the single biggest shill of a game site I'v EVER seen.

They will never live down taking that big lump sum of money from Microsoft/etc for their "documentary".

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 10, 2014, 12:25 Verno

I get Blurays as gift pretty often but usually end up making my own rips for my fileserver. The only time I usually end up watching discs is Criterion edition stuff or older movies.  

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 10, 2014, 11:16 Verno

InBlack wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 10:52:
You are wrong about the XBOX. Just like the new windows, its selling rather well. Microsoft is so ubiquous that if they put shit in the box (which in a way they did) it would still sell well. People are stupid.

It sold well at Christmas but since then it's not doing great.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2014, 14:24 Verno

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 14:07:
Also, sometimes I go to dinner and am looking at my phone while waiting. I run my own business, so I need to respond to things, and sometimes my wife and I just don't feel like conversing after a long day. Who are you to judge?

As long as your ringer is off I don't care. If your ringer is on then yeah I'll judge because I'm a paying patron too

Heh, don't even own a cell phone and probably never will. I like not being available 24\7... and seeing how my friends are attached to their devices all the friken time doesn't give me any incentive to get on board either.

That seems almost too overboard. You can have a cellphone and still just use it like a regular phone. No one makes you use all of the functionality in a smart phone or something, its purely by choice that people do it. I mean, whatever works for you man but I really like having my phone around.

News Comments > Tomb Raider "Exceeded Profit Expectations"
23. Re: Tomb Raider Mar 7, 2014, 14:22 Verno

panbient wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 14:19:
But they properly cloned Uncharted for the latest game and offered it on all platforms. And the original apparently sold like 7 million copies back in the 90s. So, how were the expectations that flawed?

Tomb Raider had kind of been rebooting itself for a long time though and I'm sure was going through some audience exhaustion. I'm surprised it sold as well it did to be honest.

20. Re: Tomb Raider Mar 7, 2014, 13:59 Verno

There is also this thing called reality. Not every game can be Uncharted, GTA or Call of Duty, and not every game can sell like it. Any publisher that pretends their game is going to soar to such heights, history of the franchise be damned (and Tomb Raider had never sold more than ~4 million copies), are a bunch of delusional fucking morons that, again, have no fucking clue what they are doing.

I totally agree with you Creston but if the budgets come down to more realistic levels then consumer expectations have to do so as well. We would have received a far different Tomb Raider if they had spent half of the money.

24. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2014, 13:39 Verno

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 12:58:
You are right, from a couch viewing distance 720P on a 42" screen is fine for many things. But that isn't ultimately the point that is being said here. It's that this is the console for the next 7 years and this is already struggling with things that we would have just thought was a no-brainer given.

Yep exactly. Many games last gen looked better but ran worse as things wore on which I think is the concern many of us are talking about and that's without going into other port differences and design tradeoffs that were made. We'll have a better idea where things are at in a year once dev chain stuff is more optimized.

19. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2014, 12:37 Verno

Panickd wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 12:26:
If you have an XBox One and a PS4 how often are you out there buying the same game for them though? Do the extra lines of resolution impact your enjoyment of the game in any way? But when I'm playing those games on the PS3 I'm not sitting around going, "Screw this 720p bullshit! 4K is sooooo much better! It makes the game soooo much more enjoyable!"

People enjoy visuals so yes, it can impact their enjoyment of the game. I don't think its the sole factor but its certainly something to consider. If you own an Xbox One and a PS4 you probably just buy the version that runs better because DigitalFoundry said so or whatever system your friends play on.

It's not just simple resolution either. I have run into situations where the framerate has chugged, one lacks vsync for some reason, one version is buggier than another, one has AA and the other does not, etc. So I agree that most people aren't going to be sitting there worried about the resolution alone but I think people do pick up on things that bug them.

So I guess I think for some consumers it doesn't matter and for others it matters a great deal. Whether this translates into sales or not is anyones guess but I know I purchased more games on the 360 last gen because it was often the superior platform for third party games and that trend has reversed itself this gen (so far). That's just me though.

This comment was edited on Mar 7, 2014, 12:44.

16. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2014, 11:58 Verno

Creston wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 11:37:
Reports suggest that the Xbone is really a rather underpowered piece of shit.

They seem to be trying to avoid price cutting by including games now instead. I don't know what they were thinking with that price tag.

News Comments > Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer
39. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 11:42 Verno

NKD wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 07:24:
Yeah I'm sure they delayed the game to revert the game to a 2004 graphics level for some inexplicable reason and that single out of context GIF going around is representative of the game on next gen and PC.

Haha yeah. But to be honest it's a bit concerning because even the trailers look worse. I think I will just wait on some first week reviews on this game, I have nothing to gain with a preorder.

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2014, 11:14 Verno

Bundy wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 11:08:
That's true, but by and large the end results are the same. The graphic fidelity keeps increasing.

Again, until they hit limitations then tradeoffs are made in other areas which is where the Xbox One will fare worse than the PS4. It simply has less GPU headroom. When they hit this point is anyones guess.

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2014, 11:06 Verno

Bundy wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 10:19:
Games generally look better going forward through a consoles lifespan as things get optimized, for some reason a lot of people think the xb1 is gonna do the opposite.

Games also run up against resource limitations more as devs leverage the hardware which results in tradeoffs like what I already mentioned.

Unless you had the PS4 version and the XBox One version side by side on some large ass TVs that you were sitting unnaturally close to you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Like, not at all

Depends on the game really and what else was scaled down, its way too subjective to generalize. I can certainly tell the difference between AC4 on my PS4 and my buddys Xbox One. People who only have one console probably don't care either way but then again the internet is filled with comparisons so who knows *shrug*.

News Comments > Dark Souls II PC Specs
7. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 7, 2014, 10:20 Verno

I am going to spend my time basically doing nothing but invasions, best part of the souls games.  

News Comments > DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details
5. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 10:18 Verno

I'm playing other things for awhile so hopefully they get that fixed before the Naval DLC. BF4 is a strange game, in some ways its the best BF game yet and in other ways its extremely frustrating and poorly designed.  

News Comments > Op Ed
44. Re: Op Ed Mar 7, 2014, 10:15 Verno

InBlack wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 09:21:
Verno wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 09:07:
nin wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 08:57:

I'm averaging about an orange an hour, so far...drops are waaaaay better than they used to be.

I think they went almost a bit too far with smart drop or whatever it was called. I am drowning in loot every time I play, it feels a bit absurdly rigged that almost every item I find is awesome and useful.
I don't see myself playing for 100 hours though so that's fine by me. It's a bizarre comment I know given the games history with terrible loot but it's like they were so sensitive to the complaints that they went too far in the other direction. I think they will end up tweaking it down a bit and find a nice middle ground for the packrats who will play this nonstop for months. Even if they don't I like this result much better than getting nothing for hours on end so I'm glad they erred on the side of caution.

This is just something to pass the time between new game releases for me so if they want to fill my loot bucket whenever I play then hey whatever

I dont know why Im not seeing this? Maybe things are slightly differntly tweaked on hardcore? Or it might be a level thing, Im lvl 14-15 and drops have been pretty much standard but at this level it might be hard to notice this.

Im going to play a longer session today to check it out further.

No clue dude, every char I've started (HC and SC) gets hit with absurd loot drops. Maybe I'm just lucky!

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2014, 10:11 Verno

It won't be just resolution going forward either, the XB1 versions of games will start getting hit in other areas like AA.  

1. Re: Tomb Raider Mar 7, 2014, 09:11 Verno

Well deserved, it was a fantastic game despite some weird inconsistencies in design goals.  

News Comments > Op Ed
41. Re: Op Ed Mar 7, 2014, 09:07 Verno

nin wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 08:57:

I'm averaging about an orange an hour, so far...drops are waaaaay better than they used to be.

I think they went almost a bit too far with smart drop or whatever it was called. I am drowning in loot every time I play, it feels a bit absurdly rigged that almost every item I find is awesome and useful.
I don't see myself playing for 100 hours though so that's fine by me. It's a bizarre comment I know given the games history with terrible loot but it's like they were so sensitive to the complaints that they went too far in the other direction. I think they will end up tweaking it down a bit and find a nice middle ground for the packrats who will play this nonstop for months. Even if they don't I like this result much better than getting nothing for hours on end so I'm glad they erred on the side of caution.

This is just something to pass the time between new game releases for me so if they want to fill my loot bucket whenever I play then hey whatever

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
30. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 08:43 Verno

Waiting for reviews.  

15506 Comments. 776 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo