Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 15987 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex Universe Online Hint?
13. Re: Deus Ex Universe Online Hint? Jun 18, 2014, 14:14 Verno

No.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 18, 2014, 13:53 Verno

Just for amusement. Last Jets game I saw:

$80 ticket
$5.50 hot dog
$7.50 beer
$25 parking
$118 total which is on the low end, most of my friends end up at $130-150.

That's just me. Including my girlfriend and daughter it was something like $400.

I can't watch via streaming (legally) because its blacked out if I'm at home. Ugh.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jun 18, 2014, 11:45 Verno

The gaming press is just advertising with a false face. No one asks difficult questions because it means losing access and ad revenue. People like opinions from other gamers on video streaming sites because they can get an opinion and context while having a chance to evaluate the footage and make up their own mind.

I am very interested in reading about a lot of gaming issues but few sites seem in broaching them in the written word (as the article puts it).

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Jun 18, 2014, 11:25 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 11:23:
Do you yourself a favor and put Beamer on ignore. He's nothing but a troll. Haven't you noticed by now that all he does is play the contrarian to get a rise out of people?

Uh that's mostly what you do actually.

Ignoring the usual gender debate, the other article makes some good points about what was lost in the transition from couch play to online. Outside of Nintendo consoles it seems to not really be a priority for companies anymore.

News Comments > Alien Isolation About 15 Hours
8. Re: Alien Isolation About 15 Hours Jun 18, 2014, 10:33 Verno

Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 10:31:
Sega struck out twice with the last 2 big releases for this franchise then dropped support almost as quickly as they arrived. Alien Isolation is literally the last chance the license has in their hands. I only see the really hardcore fans buying and spreading word of mouth to the masses. A:CM made it poison.

Yeah I can't disagree with that. I know this will be a long wait and see thing for me despite a lot of enthusiasm about the potential.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
28. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 18, 2014, 10:31 Verno

VR will undoubtedly be a major technology of the future, it just might not be the head worn gear. I envision something with small glasses or implants of some sort but that's waaaaaay off. Most women will take one look at Oculus and write it off completely and I would wager a good chunk of men will do the same.  

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 "Right Around the Corner"
9. Re: Diablo III 2.1.0 Jun 18, 2014, 10:21 Verno

InBlack wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 03:54:
Without a proper PvP mode, none of this really matters. Epeen contest on leaderboards in nice and all but who gives a shit really? People who play Diablo3 10 hours a day??

As far as rifting, its a repetitive and boring mechanic. Making it EVEN FASTER (since its already lightning fast) will result in nothing new or especially exciting...

Color me completely underwhelmed....

That's ARPGs man. I am really bored with the game too so I'm moving on, suggest you do the same Come back when enough content has been added to make it fun again, go through it and repeat.

If you want a proper "end game" then MMOs are basically it and most of those are the same grindy bullshit. I have no regrets about this, it got me through a big release lull and now I've got several other games to play. The new guy really made it fun again IMO despite the games underlying problems from the Jay Wilson days.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access
12. Re: Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access Jun 18, 2014, 10:18 Verno

CrimsonPaw wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 09:37:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 09:13:
When is the beta end?
It ends about 9 months after release - HEYOOOOO!

Funny because its true?

I didn't really enjoy this, spent a few hours with it on the weekend. I like BF games in general but this feels like a weird mishmash of BF mechanics with other subgenres and sits in a strange spot as a result.

BF4 on the other hand is a good deal now that the majority of its issues have been addressed and most of the DLC is out.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2014, 10:05 Verno

They are truly awful even just for raw spectacle. You get like a minute of true action, most of it you can barely follow and an hour of nonsense involving human characters whose names you can't even recall. The rest is just a bunch of mindless explosions. I have no problem turning off my brain for action stuff but they are still insultingly bad even in that context. Transformers movies are the epitome of consumable waste in cinema.  

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 18, 2014, 10:03 Verno

I agree with Ubisoft, Nintendo is out to lunch on the system pricing but if they come down now with the MK8 momentum they could build up an install base quickly. I see a lot of enthusiasm but many people don't have the money, especially considering the Wii U will be a second console just for Nintendo games.

It is still going to suck for third party games due to technical shortcomings though.

News Comments > Alien Isolation About 15 Hours
5. Re: Alien Isolation About 15 Hours Jun 18, 2014, 10:01 Verno

15 hours for a great SP experience is fine with me.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
13. Re: Game of Thrones series 4 finale sets new online piracy record Jun 17, 2014, 15:06 Verno

2005 called and wants it's content delivery system back.

The flip side to that is that its a hugely popular show that would probably set piracy records even if you could stream it from gameofthrones.com for free. The excuse would be something else "I wanted it on the big screen, my tablet isnt high def" etc etc. Some people are just going to pirate it no matter what and with a show so many potential viewers that number is going to be pretty large.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Game of Thrones series 4 finale sets new online piracy record Jun 17, 2014, 14:10 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 12:32:
Well if they don't provide a fair and easy way to do it that's what's going to happen.

They a fair and easy way to get the content in most countries to be honest, most people just don't want to pay for it. I am no angel with content piracy but I don't bother trying to rationalize it either.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 17, 2014, 13:17 Verno

It's just some random canadian guy who owns that website and he knows less about SSDs than most users here.  

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Countdown
3. Re: Team Fortress 2 Countdown Jun 17, 2014, 10:11 Verno

Team Fortress 3 announcement, game due in 2027.  

News Comments > May NPD Reports
2. Re: May NPD Reports Jun 17, 2014, 10:03 Verno

Those XB1 numbers are getting pretty bad, outsold by the 3DS. That $399 SKU better turn things around for them.  

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 17, 2014, 09:16 Verno

Another GTA Online update, still no heists and no word on them. It was one of the big features that got me interested in the multiplayer too. Very disappointing, they really dropped the ball there.  

News Comments > Line Of Defense $99 Early Access
51. Re: Line Of Defense $99 Early Access Jun 17, 2014, 08:28 Verno

You can't have a Derek Smart thread without linking Derek Smarts Desktop Commander SA had a blast with that guy, endless comedy.  

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Jun 16, 2014, 14:42 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 13:59:
No, but you obviously thrive on being a dickish troll who likes to start flamewars along with the other idiot trolls around here. Why don't you read what you posted you moron. We're not talking about Candy Crush Saga, we're talking Arkham Knight, CoD, et al. the vast majority of players are white males. Jesus, you're just dumb as a sack full of hammers aren't you? And yet another tool goes on ignore.

I have to laugh at the usual ignore threat. If anyone actually believed you, the entire site would be on ignore for disagreeing with you at some point and you would basically be talking to yourself.

You have to be seriously stupid to have 100 people on ignore here and not realize that you're the common element. If you want to make dumb declarations about the news here without reading it and spout silly opinions about nazis and other garbage then you can man up and deal with people disagreeing you big baby.

This comment was edited on Jun 16, 2014, 14:48.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 16, 2014, 12:53 Verno

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 12:34:
MS failure is now complete. They admit cloud = dedicated server. No magic, marketing spin. I do give them credit, that last time my CTO spoke he's still living by the "magic of the cloud" when speaking publicly. The all powerful Oz! Ohh!

It was a big marketing fail for sure, they're just shifting to a different term now in hopes of gaining traction with it. They likely won't have any more success with it though, people care about having the more powerful system, that's a simple concept they can understand. They don't care about cloud server magic that they don't grasp and doesn't have much impact anyway.

15987 Comments. 800 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo