Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 17360 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
14. Re: etc., etc. Mar 5, 2015, 09:38 Verno

You'll be able to pay Microsoft $60 for a wireless adapter that should have come in the friggin box in the first place. Seriously who makes a wired controller in 2015?!  
Playing: The Witcher 3
Watching: True Detective
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
11. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 5, 2015, 09:31 Verno

NKD wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 22:15:
Frankly this email thing is not even in my top 100 concerns about the clusterfuck that is the US government.

I'm certainly not a fan of politicians hiding correspondence but yeah this is pretty low on my priority list in terms of bullshit the dems have been up to.

News Comments > Gigantic a Windows 10 Launch Game
11. Re: Gigantic a Windows 10 Launch Game Mar 5, 2015, 08:41 Verno

Not enough info to care one way or the other.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
20. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 4, 2015, 14:46 Verno

Darks wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 12:04:
Once he lands, grab him and toss him in the deepest darkest pit and throw away the key.

Oh oh, can I play too?

He should be castrated for his crimes against humanity that baby killing SOB!

...offers no explanation at all for incendiary comment.

Back in reality land, don't come home Edward. I wish you could but don't do it. I'm sure Russia sucks but once you're here you're getting life in prison if you're lucky, the government won't back down on this for fear of looking weak.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Announced
6. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Announced Mar 4, 2015, 14:34 Verno

NKD wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 14:23:
Hell yes. W:TNO was fucking excellent IMO.

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised by it too, looking forward to this.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage
11. Re: The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage Mar 4, 2015, 13:26 Verno

Yeah the Kraken in Witcher 2 took me a half dozen tries, felt totally out of place and was annoying as hell. I hate QTEs in general and don't feel like they really belong in most games that abuse them.  

News Comments > Dying Light DLC & Hard Mode Next Week
4. Re: Dying Light DLC & Hard Mode Next Week Mar 4, 2015, 13:24 Verno

I have to admit I was very skeptical but Dying Light is so much better than Dead Island and I'm having a wonderful time with it.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage
7. Re: The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage Mar 4, 2015, 12:39 Verno

First game had annoying fight mechanics, second game was much better. Combat system isn't at all complex IMO. The patched version now has a proper intro and some basic tutorial mechanics for people who don't want to experiment.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 4, 2015, 11:42 Verno

The article about trust and reliability assessments from dogs is interesting. We only deceive ours about going on vacation, we have to hide the suitcases and etc otherwise she goes bonkers. Luckily we've found a good house sitter to keep her company so it's not too bad.  

News Comments > NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May
8. Re: NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May Mar 4, 2015, 10:46 Verno

I guess its for people who don't have a gaming PC but want to pay for a premium service? I don't know, it seems weird.  

News Comments > NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May
6. Re: NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May Mar 4, 2015, 10:28 Verno

Another Android STB, not sure how excited I can get for that.

GRID sounds weird, a premium tier just to get 1080p/60fps streaming? I'd rather just get a Steam Link thingie if I wanted to stream PC games, then at least I can minimize the latency and input lag using my own wired gigabit network.

I know a lot of people say streaming is the future of gaming but I'm not sure its one I'm really interested in. There's a huge loss of control there for the consumer and I am leery about giving these companies even more ability to sunset software.

News Comments > Source Engine 2 Announced
49. Re: Source Engine 2 Announced Mar 4, 2015, 09:24 Verno

I don't disagree CJ, I still enjoy playing them but they are definitely a formula that has been improved upon since. More than anything else I really like their level design and Valve always comes up with interesting new mechanics for FPS stuff so I'm excited to see what they've done since.  

News Comments > Source Engine 2 Announced
45. Re: Source Engine 2 Announced Mar 4, 2015, 09:00 Verno

I'm quite content waiting for HL3 and I hope people temper their expectations so we don't get a DNF scenario.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 3, 2015, 15:47 Verno

Yahoo is essentially just one giant treadmill of native advertising.

10 THINGS YOU DIDNT KNOW ABOUT CELEBS

5 HEALTHY SNACKS YOU ARENT EATING

3 WAYS TO LOSE 5 POUNDS FAST!

Every "article" is a slideshow to show as many banners as possible and every placement therein is bought and paid for.

It's like cruising those shitty magazines at the grocery store.

News Comments > etc.
21. Re: etc. Mar 3, 2015, 14:26 Verno

NKD wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 00:57:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 00:45:
NKD wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 20:49:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 20:21:
This is one of the people you want to be the public face of Gamergate?

So he's not a very solid businessman. Last I checked Gamergate isn't about wise spending of game budget.

It's not just budget issues. He also throws tantrums, throws objects, and summarily fires people. Regardless if GG is "leaderless" he's a high profile dev, and his name will be associated with the movement, for better or worse. Based on recent history, the latter seems more likely.

Says who? Bitter ex-employees?

What does it really matter anyway? Gamergate is already literally portrayed by its opposition as a terrorist organization trying to do Sarin gas attacks on PAX. (Actual quote from Anita Sarkeesian's friend Brianna Wu) A dev who allegedly acts like a bit of an ass is going to tarnish Gamergates good name?

EDIT: At this point it's the other way around. Anyone who tries to talk about gaming journalism ethics is basically shut down immediately and painted with the Gamergate brush. You even mention ethics and you're a fucking terrorist and go on like five Twitter block-lists. If you're high profile at all, you'll also trigger hit pieces from places like Polygon and VG247. You don't have to say or do anything even remotely controversial. Just call for ethics in journalism and you're fucking finished in terms of the mainstream games media.

I really wish I was exaggerating.

Did anyone expect differently from the Dewrito side of things? They're effectively an advertising mill. It's a side of the industry that often requires little actual education, experience and background in journalism. Gamergate was a failure from the beginning because there have never been and will never be meaningful ethics in the gaming press.

I just don't care for the one sided idiocy that is Sarsleazian because in many ways it's even worse.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2015, 10:58 Verno

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 10:35:
It's my Birthday today, where is my headline and mountain of gifts?

It's like none of you really know me.

Happy Birthday man

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 5 Will Add Party Storage; Mouselook
18. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 5 Will Add Party Storage; Mouselook Mar 3, 2015, 10:06 Verno

Julio wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 05:50:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 03:43:
f-ck the combat in this game. The tactical view is atrocious.

But this was "Game of the Year" by various supposedly reputable award shows? Maybe the game intro and credits were amazing and put them over the top if the combat didn't.

To be fair last year had a lot of disappointments.

The game itself has a lot of great stuff going on but unfortunately a lot of cruft holding it back. The UI on the PC was terrible. The combat was very poorly balanced. There was too much busywork and not enough of a focus on quality side material. It was like the team looked at Skyrim and picked the worst qualities of it to imitate. The story starts out weird, kind of picks up Steam then falters again at the end.

That being said its still better than DA2 and is an above average RPG with good production values. I had fun with it and it was worth the money, it's just not the classic that DA:O was to me.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Premium Announced
39. Re: Battlefield Hardline Premium Announced Mar 3, 2015, 09:21 Verno

Too much money for what felt like a slickly produced mod in beta.  

News Comments > Into the Black
16. Re: Into the Black Mar 3, 2015, 09:19 Verno

I have no problem with him ignoring canon when it was so poorly done.  

News Comments > HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed
69. Re: HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed Mar 2, 2015, 15:16 Verno

VR interests me but I'm going to wait for the tech to mature before checking it out. I'd also like there to be some unique games that aren't just ports of existing stuff.  

17360 Comments. 868 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo