Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 17510 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 13, 2015, 13:54 Verno

Have you ever owned a dog of your own Bob? Not a family pet, one that you raised. While some people definitely go overboard, many take the bond very seriously including the dog. Dogs might not understand what you say but they understand your meaning very well and much like children they take their cues from your actions, mood and behavior.

Owning a dog is a responsibility so of course people have to plan trips and other activities around it. In many ways owning a pet isn't a bad beginners course in parenthood, many of the same principles about sacrifice and responsibility apply.

Playing: Dark Souls 2: Scholars of the First Sin
Watching: Mr. Robot
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
34. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 12:01 Verno

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 11:46:
For MP the Steam version uses the Rockstar client anyways so I think the friends lists are going to be on the Rockstar side of things not on Steam. That way the Steam and non Steam versions won't be separated.

For sure but I still like all my games in Steam that way I don't forget they exist, I never pay attention to Origin and Uplay is a pile of dung

I see some reasonable Steam copies ($45-55) on forums like SAMart and etc so if reviews are good about the port tomorrow I'll grab one.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 13, 2015, 10:52 Verno

GayBlade wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 10:05:
I am really enjoying Daredevil. Good acting, good scripts, and the fight scenes are old school. Loving it all!

Yeah I have to say its way better than I expected. I guess the low expectations from the Ben Affleck disaster don't hurt either

News Comments > Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month
60. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 13, 2015, 10:43 Verno

I'm straight but uh thanks for sharing that glimpse into your psyche Amazed

Also pretty sure descender and I disagree on a regular basis but ok, whatever plays into your delusion. I accept that this is your version of an apology.

57. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 13, 2015, 10:34 Verno

We're not the same person Axis but ok, if that's what makes you feel better. I graciously accept your apology for your mistake and insults over nothing, very mature of you.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 13, 2015, 10:26 Verno

Silicon Avatar wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 10:21:
My 3DFX card is ready to go.

Voodoo 2 SLI 12MB

Let's do this GTA V.

54. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 13, 2015, 10:18 Verno

You're just really upset I said something negative about the combat and animations but ok, we'll go with that smoke screen. Your weirdo personal beef with me would be funny if it didn't unnecessarily cause bullshit like this. Grow up.

Also pretty sure I've seen you making worse comments in Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2 threads all the time, have an iota of introspection. At least I just offered my opinion and didn't troll unlike you.

52. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 13, 2015, 10:10 Verno

Axis wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 10:08:
I said your assessment that poe is a kids game is wrong, and you, troublemaker, did what you came to do - cause trouble.

You seem to think I mean disney kids or something but that's just you trying to read too much into something in an effort to get all fired up. I was commenting on its business model you obsessive weirdo but whatever, this isn't worth the time. God forbid anyone else comment on a game Axis likes unless you lavish it with praise.

51. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 13, 2015, 10:10 Verno

Double post.

This comment was edited on Apr 13, 2015, 10:15.

49. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 13, 2015, 10:05 Verno

Axis wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 10:02:
You = defensive bullshitter making problems where there aren't any. Any normal person reading this thread would come to the same conclusion. Fuck off troublemaker.

You're the one who picked an internet fight about nothing. I just offered my opinion and even paid the game a compliment which you're trying to turn into something else because you're retarded. Your internet tough guy routine doesn't impress me either, I'll keep posting where and when I want to asshat, you can fucking deal with it Cowboy

Paying the game a compliment about its business models accessibility = "making problems" LOL

47. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 13, 2015, 09:57 Verno

Axis wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 09:55:
How does one even attempt to force an opinion? Talk about being defensive, Verno - you are often the pot calling the kettle.

Hell I'd love to see "plenty of kids play it", but they don't. You're just full of shit.

I don't mean 5 year olds and you're just being weird, don't poop your pants in your haste to discredit everyone who doesn't love up your favorite game.

You mindless fucking PR bot, I'm allowed to have my opinions even if you don't like them.

What a fucking weirdo.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
8. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 09:44 Verno

InBlack wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 09:06:
Have fun guys! Im stumped financially at the moment, and can't afford to buy GTAV at this time. I hope I can jump on board next month, but the way the shit is hitting the fan lately I might be out of a job next month. Then there is also the Witcher3, which is contending for my gaming $$$. Tough decisions, tough decisions....

Good luck with your job situation IB, don't sweat GTA V. Great game but all good things to those that wait.

45. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 13, 2015, 09:38 Verno

No need to get so defensive, I've seen plenty of kids playing and I think its great that this game is free and gives them that opportunity. Great business model here, reminds me of Dota 2 and I hope other games aspire to it. I don't even play D3 and I don't care what you think of it TBH. Not sure why you're so weird about this game and try to force your opinion on everyone else, I didn't even quote or reference you in any way.  

43. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 13, 2015, 08:58 Verno

Great for the diehards of the game but I can't see myself getting back into it. Very poorly animated and combat is boring to me. It was fun for awhile and I didn't pay any money so whatever, no regrets.

The F2P aspect makes it a great game for kids though, see lots of buzz from youngins about it on Twitch.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
37. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 13, 2015, 08:56 Verno

Nice to see Elite: Dangerous on Steam, maybe I'll finally pick it up!  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 10, 2015, 15:06 Verno

LittleMe wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 13:50:
I'm not really talking about Internet here but the forceful waste of people's money.

If you're not talking about the internet then you probably shouldn't say "using the political system to fund the internet".

Yes usually using government to solve problems is usually the bad way

I don't care for this sort of absolutist statement or find it terribly realistic. There are many situations where government is desirable and even optimal. Recognizing where and when is whats important and that's a big part of how I decide to vote. It's ironic that people often get upset at how infiltrated politics is by corporate interests but then claim that the answer to everything is to turn to these sources and ignore government.

This comment was edited on Apr 10, 2015, 15:12.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 10, 2015, 13:26 Verno

Using the political system to fund the Internet based on political 'feel good' ideals panders more to artificial hysteria and emotions.

I mean, I don't necessarily disagree with some of your other points but that first paragraph in the second snippet is a bunch of claptrap. Sure things are funded in a variety of ways but do you even remember how the Internet came to be? Government funding. People act like government spending is inherently wasteful and that other alternatives are always better but that's not the case at all.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2015, 12:16 Verno

This is my favorite one of Carlin's rants, the man is timeless. One of the best stand up performers I've seen in person, he was great at nailing hecklers too.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 10, 2015, 12:03 Verno

That's actually nothing, I have a buddy who worked at Blackberry up in Canada and his horror stories of that place are the stuff of employment nightmares. Apple just sounds like every other corporation where a lot of middle managers insinuate themselves, Microsoft has been that bullshit for decades.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours
7. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours Apr 10, 2015, 12:02 Verno

NKD wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 11:22:
When I see numbers like that I can't help but see a lot of padding.

It makes me think of the mediocre Radiant AI stuff from Skyrim. I'm more partial to fewer, meaningful quests with content than 100 collection quests and other crap. Unfortunately it seems to be a minority opinion these days since gamers at large just eat it up.

17510 Comments. 876 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo