Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 15638 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2014, 11:21 Verno

: How I kept my dog from leaving through our broken fence.

Hahaha holy shit that's brilliant. Kryptonite for dogs right there.

Cops: Teen Had Loaded Revolver In Her Vagina.

That's what....he said?

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 25, 2014, 11:20 Verno

Google to end forced G+ integration, drastically cut division resources

Thank fucking heavens. I am so sick of going to Youtube, being asked to create a G+ profile or have it ask me which user I want to be when I only have one friggin account there. It's a shame because I find some aspects of G+ to be worthwhile but a stupid name and their poor handling ruined it.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 25, 2014, 11:18 Verno

Actually the more interesting thing I found was that the devices division gross margin is down despite revenue being up. Maybe the surface/etc crap is dragging that down. There was only a single question about the Bone from investors but the CFO basically said they need to let retailers work down inventory for awhile so they're scaling back production which doesn't say good things for Bone demand.

Microsoft continues to report shipped to retailers figures too which makes me wonder if they channel stuffed and retailers aren't happy about it. A few of the local stores I've seen entire pallets of them just laying around collecting dust. Microsoft really needs to work on cutting the price but I just don't see how they do it without eating a loss, maybe lose Kinect since its floundering.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Servers Upgraded to Address Lag
9. Re: Battlefield 4 Servers Upgraded to Address Lag Apr 25, 2014, 11:15 Verno

entr0py wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 11:03:
There's something I don't get about this story. My understanding is that Battlefield 4 PC has around 20 licensed ranked servers providers, none of which are EA. So, are they buying new hardware to be run by other companies? Or is this news that only effects console gamers?

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/rent-a-server

Yeah I don't really understand this either. Maybe there was some sort of stat tracking bug related because the servers poll and report to a bunch of EA servers for stats.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Domain Registered
9. Re: Just Cause 3 Domain Registered Apr 25, 2014, 08:45 Verno

Second game was great, can't wait to see what they do here.  

12. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 24, 2014, 14:15 Verno

Fibrocyte wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 13:42:
Verno wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 10:50:
Still no Tab Mix Plus for Chrome so Firefox for life.

What does TMP do that isn't built into Chrome?

It gives you a ridiculous level of control over tabs, how they open up, how they close, opens new tabs for different domain links within a page and so on. There are several different Chrome extensions that mimic it but none have the full range of features. Firefox hasn't been memory heavy for a long time either unless you load it up with unnecessary stuff.

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Privilege Apr 24, 2014, 11:54 Verno

Prez wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 08:06:
It's been a while since some "journalist" dug this dead horse up. Polygon must be desperate for hits.

Agent.X7 said it best
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 21:44:
Zzzzzzz *snork* wha? Oh, more people whining about others being privileged on the internet. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Its funny, when Ben Kuchera was fired from the PA Report I joked that "Polygon should hire him lol". It is a collection of every smug, failed, industry wanking jerk in the biz. Polygon is fucking awful in every way and just needs to disappear.

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Apr 24, 2014, 11:18 Verno

Cutter wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 11:09:
A score at least gives you a ballpark as to how someone feels about it. Do I want to read several pages of review just to get a gist of how someone feels about a game? Ain't no one got time for that.

Nah I disagree, I always make time to read about things that I'm spending money on. A score tells me very little and the metrics are so fucked up these days, I'd rather read an opinion than a number. The only thing I use a score for is determining whether or not something is a complete waste of time or worth reading about, that's what Metacritic is good for.

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 24, 2014, 10:50 Verno

Still no Tab Mix Plus for Chrome so Firefox for life.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2014, 10:45 Verno

I'm doing a split pea/ham soup tonight, thinking about some dumplings or maybe a baguette as a side. My girlfriend hates thinking about dinner but planning them is one of my favorite things to do. I've never done lamb chops before, you should post the recipe sometime.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 24, 2014, 09:03 Verno

Sepharo wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 23:14:
It's all kind of pointless. These are the shows and episodes you can already buy on DVD. What I really want is the stuff that's currently on TV. Day-of, day-after, week-after... That'd all be fine with me but this is three years. Who cares.

I don't know, HBO has a pretty big and high quality back catalog. Their DVDs and Blurays are also insanely expensive, the only time I ever buy them is if Amazon does lightning deals. Stuff I care about getting same day I tend to get myself so I dont have to worry about commercials.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 24, 2014, 08:45 Verno

Haha they still haven't shipped heists? The whole GTA Online team should be purged, they did a piss poor job on that in general.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
22. Re: Saturday Mobilization Apr 23, 2014, 14:29 Verno

Axis wrote on Apr 20, 2014, 10:45:
Are you kidding me? Removing my post about Cutter? He's an admitted liberal from Canada who insults Americans constantly here and you remove MY post for stating simply not to take him serious?

This site... unbelievable.

I didn't see the post but it was probably a no-content, personal attack type like your silly post below this one. Cutter has his posts removed all the time for the same reasons so there is no double standard. If you don't like this website there are many others on the internet but we both know you'll stick around

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 23, 2014, 14:15 Verno

Blue wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 14:04:
It could be worse... I could have been raised a Jets fan on top of it all.

This is because I dissed the Knicks isn't it?

GO JETS!

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Apr 23, 2014, 13:46 Verno

I find game "journalists" to be pretty disconnected and generally awful at videogames too. After listening to Giant Bomb trash Demons Souls because they were dumb I wouldn't trust them to review a mobile game for example.  

News Comments > BlizzCon 2014 in November; Ticket Sales Next Month
9. Re: BlizzCon 2014 in November; Ticket Sales Next Month Apr 23, 2014, 13:25 Verno

BlizzCon is actually pretty fun, I've been to 2 and its got a great atmosphere. You meet a lot of cool people, my GF was a little intimidated at first since she figured it would be a bunch of manbabies but surprisingly enjoyed it, we met several couples through it and made some friends.  

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 23, 2014, 11:33 Verno

InBlack wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 10:49:
6 months ago when I pointed out that RDR never made it to the PC and hence GTAV probably never will i got derided for being a 'hater' and worse. Well Im still here making that claim. I hope Im wrong, but if those fuckers Rockstar dont want us PC gamers to play with their toys, well so be it.

There's many reasons why RDR didn't come out on the PC and it doesn't really have anything to do with GTA 5 so people were probably just pointing out that you were incorrectly jumping to conclusions.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
13. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 23, 2014, 09:51 Verno

Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 07:44:
Luke wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 03:57:
IP adress IP adress

Ok and how does a dynamic IP tell them who I am. Nevermind if you couple it with things like private browsing with tracking turned off, plus adblock, ghostery, VPN, et al. They don't know my family and co-workers as I don't have them on my FB account. And I only have a handful of friends on FB. Even for the few photos I'm tagged in, it's still under a fake name. About the only thing they know is that I'm in Canada. No, these companies only know what you let them.

It is kind of amusing that you think not registering for Facebook somehow protects your data. They have mined it from everything from banks to government records six ways to Sunday. Everyone sells data, everyone. You would need an entirely fake identity to avoid it these days.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 23, 2014, 08:53 Verno

My brother is a lifetime Knicks fan which I constantly mock since its pretty close to self-flagellation.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 23, 2014, 08:52 Verno

This will be roughly as embarassing as the Lowtax vs Uwe Boll boxing match was.  

15638 Comments. 782 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo