Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 16670 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
4. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Nov 4, 2014, 09:57 Verno

Numinar wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 09:43:
Windowed full-screen in AI's options fixes that if these drivers don't.

Not a great solution, but lets me play without those immersion killing super long load screens, and after a slow start, I am really getting into this game.

It may kill me via heart attack as the tension and adrenalin that comes from knowing that it's not fucking FAIR but maybe if you make the right decisions moment to moment you can reach the next save/objective is amazing. Seemed a bit trial and error at first but like Spelunky, once you put the systems together and work out the games logic, it's a reasonably terrifying nightmare ride without too much stupidity.

This after only a few hours though, interesting to see if it keeps it up as I'm not sure how many more tricks it can possibly have up it's sleeve.

It's an interesting game, I can only play it in 30-40 minute spurts due to the tension and constant sense of danger. At this rate I'll finish it in another 3 months

Playing: Dying Light, DOTA2, Shadowrun Returns Dragonfall
Watching: Black Sails S2, Bosch, House of Cards S3
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2014, 09:34 Verno

I don't put a lot of stock into polling but it seems like the Dems are in for a ride. Good luck!  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
31. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 4, 2014, 09:20 Verno

btallas wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 17:47:

Out of curiosity, why don't you hate sony for not porting to PC?

Sony almost never releases for the PC and it's also a Japanese company, the PC gaming market there is miniscule so to some extent they can be forgiven. So while that's annoying, its at least expected in terms of behavior. Microsoft only the other hand is the absent minded parent of PC gaming who sometimes releases things, sometimes doesn't and can't really be counted on to be consistent.

News Comments > etc., etc.
10. Re: Aero's Quest HTML5 Nov 4, 2014, 08:33 Verno

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 21:04:
NKD wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 20:55:
Didn't really think GTA5 music was all that memorable.

It wasn't. If anything it had the worst collection of music from any GTA game.

Agreed, the music in GTA5 was awful. They picked a lot of B tracks.

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Nov 4, 2014, 08:33 Verno

Prez wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 03:42:
What is "G2A"? I want WatchDogs for 8 bucks!!!

One of those dubious keysites that often resells out of region keys. Success rate on those varies and you really need to pay attention to activation instructions. Not sure if uPlay is easier in this regard than Steam though.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Nov 3, 2014, 15:37 Verno

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 11:33:
I really don't get the clueless people that make bots. I guess it is the idiots that buy them. What is the point of playing a game that you really don't play?

I don't know why you would think people are clueless for doing so, it takes quite a bit of time and effort. Do some programming sometime. I've written bots and scripts for several MMOs before and some ARPGs. Before you cry about balance and affecting the game, I never released them to the general public and outside of testing barely used them myself. It's enjoyable and challenging task all unto itself, quite often I don't really do it until I start to get bored of the game anyway. The hostile reactions from players like you is more about the perceived balance disparity and though many won't admit it, simple jealousy.

Sometimes its as much or more fun gaming the system they've created as it is playing it. You also tend to learn a lot about the game when making one.

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 3, 2014, 13:11 Verno

Most of the must have games typically don't appear until 2-3 years into the console life cycle. There are sometimes exceptions to this rule of course. So far Infamous Second Son is the best game I've played on the PS4 but other than that I am mostly on the PC.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition Nov 3, 2014, 11:11 Verno

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 10:51:
I will get this game for the kids,

Sure sure, the kids

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 3, 2014, 11:10 Verno

Agreed, self driving cars cannot come fast enough. I'll do my pleasure driving on the weekend, the rest of the time its just a stressful chore.  

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 3, 2014, 09:31 Verno

Region free would be neat, I always enjoyed that about my DS and was puzzled when they went backwards with the 3DS.  

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Oct 31, 2014, 12:38 Verno

If we follow the logic that has been thrown around here then everyone must denounce that person otherwise they are a part of his hate agenda.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials - Watch Dogs Sells 9M
19. Re: Ubisoft Financials - Watch Dogs Sells 9M Oct 31, 2014, 12:15 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 03:15:
Dang. So much hate. I really enjoyed it. Being hacked and hacking other people online was some of the best gaming I have done in a while. Was similar to GTA type games with the sandbox and story. Was a nice change of pace for a game.

I think you mean criticism, I don't see a lot of hate. Most of the criticism is pretty fair too, the game was alright but definitely flawed. I had fun but amusingly it often felt unintended, like I was going against the design structures of the game or something. The multiplayer was well implemented though and definitely the high point of the game.

I have high hopes for the follow up, hopefully its an AC1 to AC2 type transition. A decent protagonist and a story that makes sense would be a big start.

38. Re: etc., etc. Oct 31, 2014, 12:08 Verno

Squirmer wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 01:26:
I'm just pointing out how everybody else sees you.

"Everybody" or you? I don't know of much awareness for this in my social circles but I would have no problem explaining my thoughts on it and I doubt it would make any waves or offend anyone. Gaming in general is more of a societal norm these days but its not exactly party discussion material anyway.

News Comments > Blizzard Perma-Bans Hearthstone Win-Traders
1. Re: Blizzard Perma-Bans Hearthstone Win-Traders Oct 31, 2014, 10:03 Verno

Seems kind of weird to temp ban botters but perma ban win traders. Unless they ended up permabanning botters after all, I never read any follow up on that.  

News Comments > Prey 2 Cancelled
1. Re: Prey 2 Cancelled Oct 31, 2014, 10:02 Verno

No surprise there, what a weird and troubled development cycle. Shame though, the last press videos from a year or two back looked really impressive.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Far Cry 4
23. Re: Gone Gold - Far Cry 4 Oct 31, 2014, 09:34 Verno

harlock wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 09:29:
Verno wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 08:55:
No one cares if you're going to pirate the game though. That's not like information we need or desire.

Maybe if we were on AOL in the year 1999, you could tell us all about it and we would be super impressed that you pirated a 3MB song or whatever Dizzy

I am totally going to buy the shit out of this game at its retail price point. Hug party everyone.

oh no! and i made that comment just for you!! now im crushed

My master plan is complete, I have hurt your feelings on the internet and you are wounded forever. Cry yourself to sleep sonny bahaha!

68. Re: etc., etc. Oct 31, 2014, 09:30 Verno

That's essentially been the problem from the beginning. They want to discuss these "problems" with the industry. Supposedly its misogyny and to voice their displeasure at how women are generally depicted in games but they don't want to hear anything to the contrary. When people start bringing up their problems with the points and arguments suddenly you're treated like a radical who is "attacking" them and lumped in with the random internet crazy who makes a death threat on twitter. Listen to us but we won't listen to you, doesn't seem like a discussion, seems like someone trying to dictate an agenda. Even when the discussion was strictly about Zoe Quinns interaction with the press at the very beginning, people were attempting a literal censorship campaign. Zoe herself even doxxed people and issued false DMCAs.

Ultimately it seems like the conversation can never be about anything that conflicts with or is inconvenient to the narrative they want to push on everyone.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
39. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 31, 2014, 09:05 Verno

I'm happy Tim feels comfortable enough to share it with the world but personally I don't care about his sexual orientation.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Far Cry 4
19. Re: Gone Gold - Far Cry 4 Oct 31, 2014, 08:55 Verno

No one cares if you're going to pirate the game though. That's not like information we need or desire.

Maybe if we were on AOL in the year 1999, you could tell us all about it and we would be super impressed that you pirated a 3MB song or whatever Dizzy

I am totally going to buy the shit out of this game at its retail price point. Hug party everyone.

News Comments > PC Valkyria Chronicles Includes DLC; Preorders Underway
1. Re: PC Valkyria Chronicles Includes DLC; Preorders Underway Oct 30, 2014, 15:14 Verno

It's a good game despite some overly rigid mission designs. The story is a bit simplistic but the themes are relatable enough. Glad to see it coming out on the PC, hopefully Sega doesn't mangle the port too badly.  

16670 Comments. 834 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo