Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 14971 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 12, 2013, 13:08 Verno

El Pit wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 11:43:
Because Amazon would let you keep the accidentially sent PS Vita. Sure.

Amazon has sent me doubles of items before, everything from videogames to books and has let me keep the extras each time I called to notify them. One of the CSRs I asked said its not worth the time processing the return unless it's a high ticket item. I'm not sure where a Vita sits on that scale, I've seen it as low as $130 and as high as $200+.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans
51. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 12, 2013, 11:00 Verno

MUGWUMP wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 08:39:
I don't think anything will ever compare to QWCTF/ThreewaveCTF when it first came out.

Insane-o offhand grappling hooks and chasing down people carrying keys was absolutely the best time I ever had in gaming.

Nobody had ever experienced anything like that.

I think it's impossible to get back there simply because it was all new.

Nah Tribes for example captured a similar mix of skill and speed IMO. The problem is that the mass market want easy games these days, those games are hard and competitive so people get back to whatever gives them easy cheevos and instant gratification.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 12, 2013, 09:53 Verno

Ugh cracked.com and their dumb lists.

Cruise may be a nutter but Oblivion was way better than it deserved to be with that weird script. At least he keeps doing interesting projects.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 12, 2013, 09:18 Verno

They can't keep PS4s in stock for longer than 30 seconds on most websites. I think the Xbox is probably absorbing a lot of holiday overflow from frustrated buyers who can't get a PS4 too.  

News Comments > SteamOS on Friday
15. Re: SteamOS on Friday Dec 12, 2013, 08:39 Verno

I'll definitely be on the bleeding edge of this, very interested in alternative platforms for gaming.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online in April
38. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in April Dec 11, 2013, 14:57 Verno

Ratty wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 14:20:
I've never played a multiplayer game before. I've always been curious and wanted to try one out. I might give this a go except I would be so bad I'd be laughed off the servers.

This is a common misconception about multiplayer gaming, trust me there are many players out there worse than you regardless of your skill level. Every game has a learning curve and adjustment period but singleplayer games are like that too. It's all about playing with the right folks IMO, find like minded people who just want to game for fun and not a bunch of tryhards who are going to criticize every mistake.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online in April
21. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in April Dec 11, 2013, 13:00 Verno

Darks wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 12:14:
Iíll tell you this; I prefer a monthly fee over the F2P model any day. F2P is NOT F2P. You will end up spending a hell of a lot more in terms of side crap people always miss and need in games. Storage space, bag space. char slots. and gaining access to your funds that are placed in Escrow. Those things are not free in most of the so called free to play models.

Yeah F2P is just Gouge 2 Play in most games. There are exceptions but they're few and far between.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Bug Tracker
13. Re: Battlefield 4 Bug Tracker Dec 11, 2013, 12:57 Verno

Creston wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 12:47:
I haven't actually played BF4, but is it MORE broken than X-Rebirth? It looks like it might genuinely make a run at the "Worst broken PoS released this year" title.

Ironically the console versions are horribly broken, like barely functional at times. The PC version is better off but you still get weird dumb shit like sound loop crashing in certain maps, tons of bugs and balance related problems. I haven't played X Rebirth, I'm not preordering stuff anymore so thankfully I avoided that mess.

9. Re: Battlefield 4 Bug Tracker Dec 11, 2013, 10:44 Verno

Jivaro wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 10:21:
Verno wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 10:08:
The rumors of a yearly iteration involving another internal EA studio just make my shake my head.

I thought EA told their stockholders at the last meeting that their release schedule for 2014 did not have a BF game for console or PC, just DLC packs. There are rumors claiming that isn't true or am I misunderstanding what you're saying?

There are rumors based on LinkedIn postings and other stuff that Visceral (I think?) is gearing up to do yearly offshoots with Dice. I really don't want yearly Battlefield iterations for obvious reasons, they can barely release a playable game every 2 years.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 11, 2013, 10:16 Verno

There are plenty of dumb phones that fit that description, you can pretty much pick one up at any convenience store. Water proofing phones is difficult at best for what should be obvious reasons. I'd rather see a focus on increased battery life, phones are already plenty durable with a cheap case unless you're abusing them. Cameras, texting and internet usage are all normal usage scenario stuff that is very helpful and not going away.

Anyways I'm surprised to see Nokia going this route when they are getting acquired by Microsoft.

3. Re: Battlefield 4 Bug Tracker Dec 11, 2013, 10:08 Verno

The really sad thing is that they finally got BF3 polished and relatively fixed up, get all of the DLC out then BF4 launches and we get to do the whole song and dance again. The rumors of a yearly iteration involving another internal EA studio just make my shake my head.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2013, 10:06 Verno

Yeah that's some pretty silly "internet justice!" dude.

Honest Trailers - The Hobbit- An Unexpected Journey.

I really didn't care for that movie so anxious to watch the takedown at lunch.

1. Re: Battlefield 4 Bug Tracker Dec 11, 2013, 09:59 Verno

- Letting SOFLAMs, SUAVS and etc cap flags

It's funny, every patch that claims to fix things usually causes more problems. I like the game but damn it is a broken fucking mess sometimes.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
25. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 10, 2013, 16:08 Verno

Clue does not apply to Cruz or Lee  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 10, 2013, 15:35 Verno

And while the others here may not have any real love for America, only Apple has a real hatred for it.

Apple isn't a person that emotes but ok

Sorry fellas, two years too late on this. Had you done something like this BEFORE Snowden, you'd be sittin' pretty. Now it just looks like after the fact CYA.

Yeah it's pretty tough to buy their hand wringing act after they've engaged in some pretty dubious things and willingly helped the NSA without a public fight.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2013, 14:06 Verno

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 12:01:
Dan Simmons did a fine job on the ending of the Hyperion series.

Fall of Hyperion, sure it was good though I think it didn't really deliver on the awesomeness of Hyperion but to be fair its hard to finish one of the best sci-fi books of all time.

Endymion and Rise of Endymion on the other hand, not so much

News Comments > NSA's Game Spying
212. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 10, 2013, 13:10 Verno

No, they can't prevent EVERY single threat/attempt, but do you realize how many threats they have thwarted that we don't even know about, which enables us to sleep at night?

Well don't keep us in suspense, exactly how many threats have they prevented by spying on WoW raiders and Second Life introverts?

The argument that people should be ok with ~whatever~ as long as it might prevent a terrorist attack is really silly. Authorities could use the whole "FOR UR PROTECTION" as justification for anything, that's why there should always be pushback when these bodies exceed their mandate or this sort of stuff is done in secret without the general publics knowledge.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 10, 2013, 11:23 Verno

They all hate America so don't buy their phones. Also kittens, they hate kittens.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Dec 10, 2013, 11:22 Verno

Ubisoft makes great looking worlds but they tend to be repetitive and shallow. The world in GTA 5 is very convincing due to all of the small touches, unique NPC convos and silly stuff you see happening. Black Flag was fun because of the piracy angle but the world itself was just pretty, not terribly engaging or convincing. I hope Watch_Dogs is an improvement there.  

News Comments > Unannounced Blizzard Game Revealed
13. Re: Unannounced Blizzard Game Revealed Dec 10, 2013, 10:56 Verno

The powers that be in Blizzard are aware that the PC version of Diablo 3 was a disaster.

The question is what will they do next -- and it sounds like we will hear soon enough.

The console version of Diablo 3 is actually quite good. In fact I enjoyed it quite a bit more than the PC version. They made a lot of good UI changes, the underlying loot system improvements are huge and they actually improved the difficulty in a few areas. Plus I'm a sucker for same screen co-op games, they are too few and far between these days.

14971 Comments. 749 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo