Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 16635 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Trailer
1. Re: Homeworld Remastered Trailer Feb 19, 2015, 11:21 Verno

My wallet is ready, let's do this.  

Playing: Dying Light, DOTA2, Shadowrun Returns Dragonfall
Watching: Black Sails S2, Bosch, House of Cards S3
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 19, 2015, 11:06 Verno

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 11:03:
True gamers own all systems and play the games they want to on them. Like for instance, I'm playing destiny with my xim4 adapter on my PS4.

I don't know what a "true gamer" is but this gamer barely has enough time for one platform, let alone 5

I haven't seen anything that made me want to own an Xbox, Vita or etc which doesn't help.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 19, 2015, 10:54 Verno

Between that and Bosch amazon is knocking out of the park. I hear good things about Transparent too.  

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 19, 2015, 10:14 Verno

Ouch 65 Metacritic. Yeah I'm kinda getting "done" with consoles. Too many great games on the PC and the odd time I need a console fix I turn on the 3DS since I can always stop on a dime with it when family shit comes up. It's really annoying that Sony still hasn't implemented the supposed launch feature of instant on resume for games from standby.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2015, 10:04 Verno

As long as it isn't PG13 I have hope  

38. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 17, 2015, 08:37 Verno

MacLeod wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 16:47:
Trevellian wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 11:37:
MacLeod wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 11:29:
It's like that time a friend and I got invited to a test screening of a movie. It was free, so we were like "Cool. let's go." Then I realized... "Wait... isn't this movie coming out Tomorrow??" It was. They were literally getting a test audience reaction the day before the release date. That movie? "Phantoms".

Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms.

You can't possibly understand how much funnier that line was given our experience with that test screening.

The book for Phantoms was pretty good at least

Ok well it was ok.

Alright it sucked, wheres my beer.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
68. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 17, 2015, 08:36 Verno

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 08:02:
I think it is always best to wait an not preorder. Are the preorder incentives really that great?

Some GTA Online cash, meh. I'd rather earn it legit anyway.

News Comments > Steam & Dota 2 Records
26. Re: Steam & Dota 2 Set Peak User Records Feb 17, 2015, 08:33 Verno

Suppa7 wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 22:09:
Osc8r wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 21:26:
Only on bluesnews are MOBA considered 'easy mode' games.

No you're just stupid, MOBA's are RTS games where unit production is ENTIRELY handled by the computer (aka it is the equivalent of "unit assist for RTS games"). Then they give you the single RTS hero to control with a highly scripted set of items to buy which are highly babied and chosen by mostly incompetent developers of league of legends for 'balance' reasons.

MOBA's are RTS for retards. Starcraft 1 blows any MOBA out of the water in terms of depth and complexity. The whole term MOBA is actually a term that was coined by the non-RTS generation console/steam gaming crowd that didn't grow up on Warcraft 2 Via kali/kahn and battle.net diablo/Warcraft 3.

The entire term is bullshit since both league of legends and DOTA 2 are just warcraft/starcraft mods with higher resolution models.

They are a cut-down simplified version of a real time strategy game. DOTA 2 while slightly more complex is still not as complex as a real RTS. So they are RTS for newbs whether you like it or not. They are the real time strategy game equivalent of bejeweled.

Ironically you sound like the average MOBA player I run into, full of insults and silliness. It's interesting that you are so insecure about this that you feel the need to lash out constantly at people who play them. Could it just be that you're really awful at MOBA games and are trying to make yourself feel better about it? It's ok, MOBAs are really hard to master and you shouldn't feel ashamed of it.

MOBAs are not RTS games, they were born out of that genre but are not directly comparable. The complexities involved are far different but they are there nonetheless.

News Comments > Terraria: Otherworld Revealed
7. Re: Terraria: Otherworld Revealed Feb 17, 2015, 08:28 Verno

I really enjoyed Terraria so looking foward to this. Our crew built some truly crazy houses in that game.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
44. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 16, 2015, 14:07 Verno

He's too emotionally involved for asking Peter questions that make him uncomfortable?

Have you guys ever watched an actual interview with Peter Molyneux? He is a snake charmer with words. You have to use pretty clear and definitive questions/language to pin him down. This was pretty much necessary to getting any actual answers for fans who have been burned and even then you'll notice every time he takes responsibility for something its with a caveat.

I have a hard time reading the audio transcript and seeing where Walker was letting bias or personal feelings influence him. Pretty much everything was related to things Peter has done or said publicly. What's the problem here? I don't like RPS but they got this one right.

News Comments > Steam & Dota 2 Records
6. Re: Steam & Dota 2 Set Peak User Records Feb 16, 2015, 14:01 Verno

Suppa7 wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 13:21:
The masses don't have the reflexes for more complex RTS games like Starcraft. That's why MOBA's took off. MOBA's cater to the reflex retards and that's the majority of PC and console gamers sadly.

Games like Descent, Doom 2, Quake 3, Unreal 2004. Those are all high speed, high reflex, highly demanding on intelligence and reflexes to process that incoming visual information and make sense of it quickly.

The vast majority of humanity simply can't do that.

Nah this is just bullshit trolling by someone who obviously hasn't spent a lot of time with them. You act like everyone who plays MOBA games makes a conscious choice not to play RTS games and that's just flawed logic, the "retard" comment just speaks to your maturity level. I love RTS games and I like MOBAs, they are very different in how they play and what kind of enjoyment I get from them. One of the biggest reasons MOBAs took off is their business model by the way and it's no surprise their largest audiences are often in emerging gaming markets.

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2015, 10:05 Verno

Game length matters, if I'm paying $60 premium for a game it better give me hours of enjoyment. The whole point of considering game length is because people work hard for their money. They aren't rich. Maybe you have the luxury of throwing away money but most of the world doesn't.

Or maybe people just value things differently. Some people prefer multiplayer, some prefer a scripted single player campaign. There is really no call for being such a jerk about it.

There are games/genres I expect a lot of time out of and others where I feel like they overstay their welcome if they go on too long for the sake of inflating the so called value proposition.

I have no idea how long this game is but I'm going to wait for an actual review rather than just a random Youtube video to find out.

News Comments > Game Reviews
9. Re: Game Reviews Feb 12, 2015, 15:30 Verno

I actually appreciate his focus on the negatives because lord knows I get enough favorable marketing shit from publishers, previews and fanboys already. The entertainment value is pretty funny too. You definitely have to be in the mood for his videos though and sometimes he just rants way too long but whatever, click on a different video from someone else then.  

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2/Total War: ROME II Free Weekend/Competition
3. Re: Company of Heroes 2/Total War: ROME II Free Weekend/Competition Feb 12, 2015, 15:23 Verno

Yeah they finally patched COH2 into something enjoyable, it took awhile though. I just wish they would go back and fix the UI but I doubt it will happen. I will never log the kind crazy hours I put into COH1 but it scratches the itch once in awhile.

I can't say I really care for the unlock stuff they've done in the game though.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
27. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 12, 2015, 15:14 Verno

Julio wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 15:10:

I'm curious as to who is for forcible vaccination here, I'm sure there are quite a few.

It's not an easy thing to answer. I don't like the idea of forcing personal health choices on people but there is precedent. I don't think we should for something like measles but I think there are scenarios where it would make sense.

I'm curious if you've put some thought into it yourself. What if it was an infectious disease with an abnormally high mortality rate but people refused vaccination because <reasons>?

25. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 12, 2015, 15:04 Verno

Julio wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 14:22:
The drug corporations and politicians need their cash, hence the push for eventual forced vaccinations. Every time one of these types of initiatives starts, the answer is always - who benefits?

Lots of people had measles when I grew up, and they weren't dying left and right. The sheep follow the flock.

Is this a troll or do you actually believe this? Your anecdotal evidence of "I had measles and I'm fine" isn't convincing. Measles has other than minor complications in about 10% of cases and those complications can be pretty serious. If you don't want to be a "sheep" then go live in the mountains or something, otherwise why bother living in a society? The idea that your immune system is some rugged loner better off on its own is pretty hilarious imagery, not to mention silly as hell.

Parents who send their sick kids to school/daycare are the drivers of most illness spreading.

This is pretty absurd. Like one of the most ridiculous things I've read on these boards and I remember RollinThundr so that's saying something. First of all illnesses aren't immediately onset, there is an incubation period where people don't know they are sick but are potentially still contagious. Kids touch EVERYTHING, if you had any kids you would know this. Keeping them at home helps for sure but stuff will still spread because you inevitably have to take them somewhere like oh say the doctor. To use a topical example, measles can be airborne for a few hours after someone leaves a room.

Vaccination is not without issues but it is a far safer alternative than not being vaccinated.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
16. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 12, 2015, 13:24 Verno

Prez wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 13:00:
I would say that this last Republican landslide was not a function of people thinking that Republicans suddenly have an answer but a general disgust with the Democrats' inability to do anything about stagnant wages and the loss of higher wage jobs in favor of low wage jobs. As always, in elections, as the saying goes "it's the economy stupid!" In two years when the Republicans remind everyone how utterly ineffective they are the balance will swing back to the Democrats. It's the Political Pendulum of Futility.

The economy has finally stabilized and showed signs of a strong recovery but that's a difficult thing to explain to the average voter who sees it from a very narrow perspective. Some of the administrations higher profile failures certainly didn't help either. Politics is as much marketing as anything else these days, if not moreso. It's really hard not to be cynical about american politics these days when you start looking at the distro in contributions and the sheer amount of lobbying. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother voting.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 12, 2015, 12:41 Verno

Or because America has a highly polarized political system where you might not agree with either party but you don't have a lot of other options. People vote with issues and sometimes the issues swing republican.

10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 12, 2015, 12:35 Verno

Axis wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 10:40:

Because most of these things are preventable via vaccination, and can be deadly to the young who cannot be vaccinated against it until a certain age.

The reason people need educated (and measles is the current 'vaccination education') is because of those people who aren't vaccinating for whatever selfish or dumb reason and get infected, then pass it on to ones who are too young to be vaccinated who die or have lifelong complications.

Exactly well put.

I'd add that just because something isn't deadly doesn't mean that its pleasant to have or can't cause non-life threatening problems on an ongoing basis. That's without getting into things like scarring that can dramatically affect a persons mental development and social standing.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Feb 12, 2015, 12:19 Verno

The last time I watched SVU they had run out of ideas to the point where they were literally entrapping guys straight out of prison with the most fucked up plots I've seen. The writers failed so badly that the cops were often coming off worse than the deviants they were chasing.

tl;dr SVU is a really dumb show so who cares.

16635 Comments. 832 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo