Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 16164 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
56. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 11, 2014, 10:05 Verno

What a coincidence, that scenario popping up today. The world sure is an interesting place.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2014, 09:43 Verno

1badmf wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 08:38:
man enahs is like a football savant or something. i just can't pass him up!

also, /salute to the veterans out there, and to my brother who's a captain in the marine corp and trucks around the sky in a KC-130J super herc.

He claims not to watch but you don't get that lucky every week unless you're just picking the recommended ones

It was weird seeing Sanchez do so well last night.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
54. Re: tougher Internet regulation. Nov 11, 2014, 09:39 Verno

Mad Max RW wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 08:59:
Baby Boomers sat around on their computers all day playing video games and bitching?

No, Boomers sit around all day burning through their inheritance and consuming on a ridiculous scale with a scorched earth policy for everyone else

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity Nov 11, 2014, 09:12 Verno

The game files have many references to Disrupt and AnvilNext so I wonder if its just a case of "we threw this together sloppily".  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Nov 11, 2014, 08:56 Verno

No he was not, Colbert plays a Republican character on his show and its done very tongue in cheek to say the least.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Nov 11, 2014, 08:55 Verno

Reviews look really solid for DA:I. Seems like the early game problems pan out after the 4 hour mark. I'll wait for a few user reviews before picking it up but looks good.  

General Discussion > BN display on mobile
2. No subject Nov 11, 2014, 08:27 Verno

It looks roughly like that on mine as well. The site just needs a redesign to be honest.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2014, 13:56 Verno

Creston wrote on Nov 10, 2014, 13:41:
I just look at the PS4, and while the hardware is undeniably nicer, there just really isn't anything I want to play on it. Have they actually released anything of note in the last year? I guess the Last of Us remake and Second Son, and that's about it?

It's just the way the release calendar has shaken out, several of their exclusives got pushed back for quality passes and land next year. They've just been coasting on third party for the most part. I personally wish I had waited to get one just in terms of price but I'm rarely looking for something to play and can't find anything. That being said, consoles are all about exclusives so you have to go where your preferences are. I'm not into racing games or FPS so the Xbox isn't very attractive to me but to each his own, I know Forza and Halo have huge followings.

I think I might actually go for the Wii U when the price drops, assuming Zelda has landed.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2014, 13:13 Verno

Creston wrote on Nov 10, 2014, 11:35:

Yeah it's gotten really irritating the last year or so. I don't know what they messed up in their updates along the line, but it's noticeably slower than it used to be. Tempted to get a new console, and I have to say that despite the fact that it's an underpowered piece of shit, the Xbone has more games that look appealing. Plus it's currently 350 bucks and comes with a copy of AC:Unity, so the console is basically $290... Undecided

They made a new spiffy unified store front but forgot that the PS3 has 2006 era specs and can barely even render it. Load times on the PS3 games were always brutal too, the file system encryption they used on that thing murders performance.

I'd still give it a year on getting a next gen. The 1TB bundles will likely be standard by then and there will be more games out. By then Sony will have several exclusives out and you can just pick based on your preferences. My line of thought is that Nintendo or Sony just makes more sense in terms of stuff you can't get elsewhere if you already have a gaming PC. I might get an Xbox down the line when they're under $200 but my problem is more that I don't have time to play everything so I have to kinda limit my platforms otherwise I'm just wasting money.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2014, 09:58 Verno

PHJF wrote on Nov 10, 2014, 09:32:
How's this for a first world problem:

I'm clearing space on my PS3 HDD deleting old game data, and I get to Resistance 3 (2GB data). 10 minutes later, it is still deleting. So I google it, turns out it takes 30-60 minutes to delete Resistance 3 because reasons. And consoles are supposed to be the user friendly devices? Every time I go into the PSN store it takes 10 minutes to download yet-another-software-update and boot up. Blowing into my NES carts didn't waste half as much time as this.

Everything on the PS3 is slow and clunky, I don't even turn it on anymore. Between the PC and PS4 I can't stand going back to the long load times, UI clunkiness and etc.

News Comments > No Blood Dragon 2 Plans
7. Re: No Blood Dragon 2 Plans Nov 10, 2014, 09:57 Verno

InBlack wrote on Nov 10, 2014, 09:43:
You could say the same thing about Duke3d. It got old by the end.

No I couldn't, I enjoyed it throughout. This doesn't need a sequel IMO, there are plenty of other eras they can give a similar treatment too and other ideas to go with. Ubisoft iterates enough as it is, I'd rather see them do something new.

News Comments > No Blood Dragon 2 Plans
4. Re: No Blood Dragon 2 Plans Nov 10, 2014, 09:32 Verno

It got old by the end and I would rather see them give something else a send up.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2014, 09:02 Verno

Cutter wrote on Nov 9, 2014, 11:41:
Until I see proof either way I try to keep an open mind.

Sounds like someone just watched Lucy.

General Discussion > NFL Week 10
3. No subject Nov 10, 2014, 08:57 Verno

Ouch, I wonder how Arizona is going to do without Palmer.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
7. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 10, 2014, 08:56 Verno

Prez wrote on Nov 9, 2014, 17:49:
I would consider the Xbone for a media server (I'd have to ask around to see how it does for this purpose first), but I don't have an old console to trade in.

EDIT: Well I have a Nintendo Wii in my house but it's my daughter's and she uses it to play Rock Band and Wii-Fit.

It has a Plex app so it does fine for the most part but it uses like 100W of power compared to a little FireTV or whatever that uses less than 10. Its a really expensive media player, I would only get one if you thought you would also play a lot of games on it otherwise they are cheaper bluray/HTPC combos out there.

News Comments > Ubisoft vs. Steam?
98. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 10, 2014, 08:55 Verno

Yeah that certainly describes me. I only have it installed for BF4 and wrote a script to kill it after I stop playing. I don't think I've ever purchased anything from the store either. They usually don't have good deals compared to GMG and other places that resell keys. The community features are barebones at best and most of my friends don't use it. Steam is pretty much the defacto platform at this point because they were first, I have people on my friends list from my 10 year old WoW guild still.  

72. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 14:31 Verno

I don't care on the face of it, if some people want to waste their money then whatever but IAP always seems to influence game design to some degree. I hope thats just some silly achievement type reward thing.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
18. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 7, 2014, 14:19 Verno

Trying to politicize ebola is pretty distasteful and stating something doesn't make it true. Quarantines make sense in some cases and don't in others. A general quarantine of any who traveled to a country or all affected countries doesn't make a lot of sense for the aforementioned reasons and the government is acting on advice from qualified health organizations instead of panicked people on the internet. So far its serving us pretty well, there is no evidence of any significant impact from ebola in this country.

You seem to believe more in the presidents power than I do, realistically his ability to limit the spread of news regarding something this incendiary is nil in my mind. His political capital is spent and we own the house top to bottom anyway. No one is going to keep a secret about this, if theres something worth knowing it's going to leak and get reported on. Why give in to media fear mongering? It's silly and pointless. There are many things to fear in this life and if I was traveling to west africa I would be more concerned but based on the evidence, not speculation, I don't see any reason to fear.

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 2014, 14:39.

68. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 14:06 Verno

I wonder if their not being on Steam for a bit had anything to do with this. "Helix Credits" what the hell? Is this yet another fake currency to buy with real dollars to spend on in game stuff? Bloody IAP.

I hope that's just something taken out of context.

55. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 13:29 Verno

Cutter wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 13:24:
Uplay has sales all the time. And they'll likely increase with deeper discounts if they don't have to give anyone else a cut.

Less competition rarely means deeper discounts for consumers and you have personally argued that about Steam, GMG and etc so I'm not sure where this flipflop comes from. If all people cared about was price they would've been buying keys from forums where people sell videocard bundles and etc. You can always get cheap legit keys that way, Steam uPlay and otherwise.

You also said earlier that Steam is getting complacent but they just got done with a major revision to the client (the 2nd in as many years) and their pricing is largely set by publishers themselves. By comparison here's the latest additions to uPlay. The highlights being minimize to tray and uPlay can finally update itself...hooray?

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 2014, 13:46.

16164 Comments. 809 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo