Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 16442 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity in March
8. Re: Pillars of Eternity in March Jan 14, 2015, 13:14 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 13:10:
This is Obsidian we're talking about. The guys who are always 'Oh it's never our fault! It's the publishers for rushing us!' These guys have needed a good producer for ever now. Running a year behind isn't acceptable in any business. And I'll be utterly amazed if it's not a bug-ridden mess when it finally gets here even with the delay.

Err I'm not sure where you get that from it sounds more like a personal inference of yours than anything they've said. Most of the interviews I've heard/read with Obsidian they are pretty candid about their failings. Frankly I can forgive them when you look at the scope and ambition they display in many of their titles. I want developers taking more risks, not less. You're also ignoring how complex RPGs are, they are almost inherently buggy if they're worth a damn. It seems really weird to get angry at them for taking extra time on it when you just ranted about them shipping buggy games by the way.

Anyways polish delays are fine with me, hopefully it results in better launch quality. Worked out well for South Park which was an Obsidian game.

Playing: DOTA2, Kerbal Space Program, The Wolf Among Us
Watching: Scorpion, Spaced, The Remaining
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 14, 2015, 11:38 Verno

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 10:52:
Hrm, I'm tempted to go in for at least $15 for Shadowrun:HK, I got the first two, played through the first one and found it good, and the second one apparently is much better, according pretty much universal reviews. (It's in the queue!)

I'll burn through Dragonfall real quick and see if I still want another game in that engine.

I just started Dragonfall last night and even just the first 20 minutes is heads and tails better than Returns.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Closed Beta
10. Re: Heroes of the Storm Closed Beta Jan 14, 2015, 11:37 Verno

Definitely interested in checking this out, I like Dota 2 but man those matches really drag on sometimes and getting interrupted with RL stuff sucks.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2015, 10:19 Verno

Postal services are great...at shoving their ridiculous pension obligations on the general public.  

News Comments > Evolve 4th Monster; DLC; Season Pass Details
9. Re: Evolve 4th Monster; DLC; Season Pass Details Jan 13, 2015, 16:01 Verno

This is way too confusing to sort out so I'll just get another game instead.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 13, 2015, 12:34 Verno

What a bunch of childish flamebait.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
7. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jan 13, 2015, 11:52 Verno

Axis wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 11:21:
There are lots of ways people in power use tragedy (even if it's false, created, or perceived tragedy) for political gain - ask Obama, he's the best at it.

By that logic he would be there already then, kind of a self defeating argument.

I don't know why no one from the US attended but to be honest its a token gesture anyway, we do more than all of those countries combined when it comes to fighting terrorists and everyone knows it.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2015, 11:22 Verno

Necrophob wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 11:09:
Rockets have a fairly high rate of failure. We just don't hear about most of them, because most are commercial satellites going up in flames before reaching orbit.

Oh uh, haha. I meant GTA V in the context of video games

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed
4. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 13, 2015, 10:45 Verno

Whatever, I'll just play other games for a few months  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2015, 10:14 Verno

It sucks but with all of the broken ass launches in the past year I'm kinda glad at the same time.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 13, 2015, 10:10 Verno

Its amusing that he thinks he has the power to "ban" something from being used on the internet.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2015, 09:57 Verno

ldonyo wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 09:12:
With Ted Cruz overseeing NASA, we can look forward to figuring out how to use bottle rockets to get supplies to the International Space Station and finding astronauts that can hold their breath for a very long time so they won't need air tanks.

Okay, not really. But, Ted has a very poor (no) grasp of science and this is not going to end well.

Putting the wolf in charge of the hen house. Very frustrating situation, I would say that there should be some sort of academic requirement for being a politician but then we wouldn't have any

News Comments > Universal Combat Advanced Announced
10. Re: Universal Combat Advanced Announced Jan 13, 2015, 09:49 Verno

Universal Combat, the name was inspired by Derek's style of interaction with his community.  

News Comments > Job Posting Hints MS RTS Revival
9. Re: Job Posting Hints MS RTS Revival Jan 12, 2015, 16:13 Verno

Great, another opportunity for Microsoft to take a big steaming dump on my nostalgia.

Still waiting with dread to see what their big gaming related Windows 10 announcement is.

News Comments > H1Z1 Early Access This Week
1. Re: H1Z1 Early Access This Week Jan 12, 2015, 15:34 Verno

Interesting, I'll definitely check it out. 7 Days to Die hasn't been bad but the Unity engine jank wears on you. I've been sorta waiting for a DayZ style game with some actual production value behind it.  

News Comments > Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag
16. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jan 12, 2015, 14:20 Verno

Xero wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 12:20:
Yep, I think Blizzard's goal with Heroes of the Storm is to make 15-20min matches, pretty typical with an RTS match from their catalog as well. Just to further show they are pushing for that time range, when the matches go into the later time frame, there is plenty more assist to get that win including game finishing hero abilities, and the usual heavy building damage catapults and whatnot that start to auto spawn.

Also, each map is distinct in the side objectives that each time has to fight for and to give an idea, there is a map with a Golem that keeps getting stronger as you collect skulls in the mines. As you get it stronger and it keeps moving towards your opponents base, eventually the golem will literally spawn inside your opponents base with the strength you earned it. This puts a statement that the match will be over soon unless someone makes a game changing move...

Overall I'm loving the way Heroes of the Storm is shaping up and my only sadness would be that I think Blizzard is done with the RTS route with Starcraft 2. I doubt I'll ever see a true Warcraft 3 RTS sequel and that was my favorite game for many a years (around 10).

Awesome that's all really encouraging to hear, I will definitely check it out in the future then. I loved War3 as well and I'm sad that everything has to require a long tail monetization chain these days. Warcraft 4 is begging to be made.

News Comments > Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag
8. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jan 12, 2015, 11:39 Verno

SimplyMonk wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 11:23:
I will say though, I've played quite a bit of Heroes of the Storm and do enjoy it specifically when I only have 15 minutes for a game and just want to have a good time.

Yeah my problem with DOTA2 is that games go on a bit too long. I want a 15-20 minute thing, not 25-40.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2015, 10:34 Verno

I picked the Colts just because Manning historically under performs in the playoffs. Really sad to see Manning lose what might be his last shot though, hes one of the all time greats. It was a really weak effort all around from Denver. Welker especially has been very disappointing the latter half of the season. Brady on the other hand just seems to get better with age, those lightning passes he was throwing against the blitz were pretty awesome. The Edelman/Amendola key up was classic too. I felt bad for the Ravens because they came to that game really prepared and played a better game overall but Brady/Belichick adjusted well on the fly. I've never seen Brady audible that much before.

Agreed Creston, Manning gets flustered and starts compounding shitty decisions.

36. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2015, 09:07 Verno

Manning looked really weak out there, I wonder if hes going to hang up the spurs. Hes had a real problem throwing in the cold and was pretty slow getting up from some of those hits.

I hope the Pack can pop Seattle's balloon, no desire to see them return to the Bowl this year.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2015, 12:59 Verno

KS wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 12:47:
They should do drive-by identification of energy-leaking apartments. My old top (3rd) floor apartment got hot to the touch in the ceiling in summer, indicating no insulation. The already woefully inadequate AC couldn't keep it below 85 in summer.

Apartments should not be allowed to advertise AC if it's functionally useless. They are evil bastards who lie, lie, lie.

Yeah I don't miss apartment living at all for that reason. I had one place where it was so poorly insulated that the year round electricity costs were nuts, like over a $150 a month for a 2 bedroom. Summers were brutal, the building was like a sauna and all the AC could barely put a dent in it. Winters were also unbearable, I had to recaulk the whole place as you could feel huge drafts coming in under the trim, the windows were selected for looks instead of function and blah blah blah. It was awful, never going back to an apartment. I'm sure there are nice ones but I never had any luck with them.

16442 Comments. 823 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo