Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 15761 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2014, 09:41 Verno

I don't really see how it was disruptive but whatever. Many people don't bother with the threads below the popular threads section so I wouldn't be surprised to see discussion continuing to leak over here.  

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Korengal, Legends, Intruders
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

General Discussion > NFL Week One
2. No subject Sep 9, 2014, 09:03 Verno

Romo was looking rough on the weekend

I can't stand the Seahawks but they looked damned impressive, the only thing stopping Marshawn Lynch is going to be an injury.

Bills did surprisingly okay even with that backup CB, they are always my worst picks.

Biggest disappointment last week was KC, felt like they weren't even on the field mentally.

I was sad to see the Saints lose too but it was a good game.

News Comments > Op Ed
24. Re: Op Ed Sep 9, 2014, 08:32 Verno

Squirmer wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 01:53:
But there's a flipside to that: if you consider yourself part of a community/culture, you must concede that you help to shape it in some small way. And that supports Alexander's argument that people have a responsibility to address problems. In the end, the only people that really have a right to complain are those who genuinely believe there are no problems in gaming culture.

We are shaping it. We're fighting back against labels and misplaced silliness, perpetuated by a few professional victims who found sympathetic political leaners in the press. I think there are problems in gaming culture just like pretty much anything else you can think of but I think they are overstated and I'm tired of being talked down to by hypocrites.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2014, 15:59 Verno

Dude if I hated every team that has employed someone morally reprehensible in the NFL then there wouldn't be any teams to root for. I respect your opinion, as a lifetime dog owner I get it but I've followed the Jets for like 30 years and this one thing isn't going to ruin that. For a long time I wasn't even following the NFL itself, just keeping up with what was going on with the Jets.

Now if they would just start rewarding loyalty with performance

News Comments > Op Ed
45. Re: Op Ed Sep 8, 2014, 15:52 Verno

Quboid wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 15:04:
None of those are RPS. It was phrased badly but "gamers are over" wasn't attacking gaming culture, it was attacking bullying and bigotry in gaming. Nothing has proven their point more than the response.

Ironic because the people engaging in that behavior likely aren't reading or reachable by these silly little editorials that try to paint everyone with the same brush.

They could have avoided all of this by not trying to suppress the Zoe Quinn bullshit but their censorship efforts just galvanized people. Their damage control has been even more woeful. Most reasonable people are tired of hearing about it at this point.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Sep 8, 2014, 12:15 Verno

yuastnav wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 11:58:
Yes people, please whine even more. Your tears are delicious.

I don't know how you get whining from the posts here, most people are just getting indifferent to this ongoing silliness and rightfully so.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 8, 2014, 10:55 Verno

Lifes certainties: death, taxes, Adobe security flaws and Calibre needing an update every damned time I open it.  

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: etc. Sep 8, 2014, 10:02 Verno

Ludomancer wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 08:18:
Pathetic. Just that the "Social Justice Warrior" has entered into anyone on this sites' lexicon is pathetic.
"Women sick of mens shit. Men flip out at first sign of criticism. News at 11."

Yeah because that's an unbiased, fair summary of everything said on here about it Rolleyes

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2014, 09:58 Verno

Bills did surprisingly well last night, did not see that one coming. I still can't believe the Saints lost but Atlanta was outstanding so I guess they deserved it.

Also obligatory GO JETS

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Sep 8, 2014, 09:56 Verno

Videogames are absolutely for everybody but RPS isn't for me anymore. Sorry John but too much non-gaming silliness.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
8. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 8, 2014, 09:40 Verno

NewMaxx wrote on Sep 7, 2014, 20:15:
Windows 2000 and Windows Vista were actually more popular than Windows XP and Windows 7, respectively, among power users.

Windows 2000 adoption was relatively niche and Vista was fairly maligned in power user circles IMO.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
28. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 8, 2014, 09:19 Verno

Cutter wrote on Sep 7, 2014, 17:08:
Most sports aren't even sports. They're glorified hobbies. Baseball, golf, et al. are all hobbies IMO.

Err no, they're competitive physical activities which is pretty much the textbook definition of a sport.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 8, 2014, 09:10 Verno

Give it a rest captain.  

News Comments > Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining
49. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Sep 6, 2014, 23:46 Verno

Krovven wrote on Sep 6, 2014, 17:06:
Blah blah blah. Verno doesn't think it's a big issue cus it doesn't effect him so he is going to marginalize the problem to suit his opinion.

Blah blah blah indeed. You literally googled an obscure problem that you have no personal experience or knowledge of and I'm the one trying to marginalize something. Other people have opinions and you can't force yours on them or make them agree with you. Wahhhh I don't like trading, no one else is allowed to! Tough fuckin shit.

This comment was edited on Sep 6, 2014, 23:58.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC Dead Rising 3
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Dead Rising 3 Sep 5, 2014, 23:48 Verno

I'm a huge fan of the Dead Rising franchise but I don't hear a lot of good about this port, lots of complaints online.  

News Comments > Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining
47. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Sep 5, 2014, 23:41 Verno

Krovven wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 21:34:
You tried a google search? Plenty of hits on the topic.

There is PS3 and 360 versions of the game as well.
The problem isn't limited to any of them that I'm aware of. Because you can copy your toons from PS3 to PS4, the hacked items come with it.

I clearly referenced them in my post so, yes. What you're talking about is some third hand stuff that is a non-issue. The amount of people with hacked toons is going to be miniscule at best, it requires a rooted PS3 which aren't easy to find these days thanks to the oldest rootable firmware being over 2 years old. They also get almost instantly banned after connecting to PSN, same with jtag'd 360s on XBL. The uptake from those people converting to PS4/XB1 will be even smaller/ You don't not do something cool like trading just because 50 people on the planet might go to some absurd length to get a handful of items in the game. Blizzard obviously knows that considering they implemented it.

They don't even control everything on the console side of things, if anything the PC version would be more secure since they have the underlying platform locked down on their servers.

Anyways I want feature parity with the consoles and I'm going to keep asking for it

This comment was edited on Sep 5, 2014, 23:46.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
8. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 5, 2014, 14:52 Verno

I know a few chicks with Galaxy Notes and oddly they love them, I suspect that's their main market demo. I don't know if its like a tablet to their tiny hands or whatever. I find Notes way too big to be a decent phone and way too small to be a decent tablet.

I think smart watches are utterly pointless for all but a few niche uses. The only "next big thing" I want is implantable tech but it'll be beyond my lifetime for the kind of use I would want to see.

I want my Peters Watt Blindsight & Echopraxia inspired universe, just need to live another 200 years to get there

News Comments > Chaos Rising Removes GFWL
11. Re: Chaos Rising Removes GFWL Sep 5, 2014, 14:50 Verno

Icewind wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 12:17:
I didn't even *know* there was an option for having it make a sound.

Wouldn't enable it anyway. I'm on the PC to get away from that stuff.

Oh there isn't an option (unless I have just missed it), that was my point. Sorry if it was oddly worded. I actually wouldn't mind a quick little Portal noise or something when you get one, I barely even notice.

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Sep 5, 2014, 14:43 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 14:18:
Verno wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 11:18:
I was a huge fan of RPS but they pushed me into foregoing their site entirely.

Um, baby, bathwater?

Come on dude, seriously? I defended RPS for a long time when others said the same thing but the past year they have really tanked. There are many other places to get my news and the editorials took a nosedive both in quality and content. I can find other websites to get the same level of information without being talked down to like a baby about someones misplaced moral crusades.

News Comments > ArcheAge Open Beta
12. Re: ArcheAge Open Beta Sep 5, 2014, 14:40 Verno

Thanks for the write up Trev, sounds very interesting.  

15761 Comments. 789 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo