Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 15513 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 10, 2014, 10:52 Verno

All of Microsofts games are like shitty F2P games these days except you have to pay $60 on top.

They are just so profit driven and don't give a lot of value, I don't think I could ever go back to their ecosystem. It was just one big wallet bleed, every little thing they can ding you for and then some. I expect a business to make money but when they put that priority over shipping quality products and giving me consumer value then fuck them. They are still paywalling fucking Netflix while everything sold today has a free interface to it.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced
3. Re: Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced Apr 10, 2014, 10:01 Verno

I really dislike this trend of making your site/forums just be reddit, it makes finding information a pain in the ass. Smite did a similar thing recently.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2014, 09:09 Verno

Cutter wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 13:31:

He made millions of people happy. So yeah, that matters. In fact, it matters a whole lot more. Come talk to us when you've done the same.

I'm sure his impact on the world will be felt for generations to come Rolleyes

News Comments > The Evil Within Trailer
12. Re: The Evil Within Trailer Apr 10, 2014, 09:06 Verno

The lead on this game usually knocks em out of the park so I'm interested.  

News Comments > Into the Black
12. Re: Into the Black Apr 9, 2014, 15:22 Verno

Cutter wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 19:12:
Why do those morons think this is funny? Oh right, they're mouth-breathers that work at McDonalds...in Florida. Doesn't really get much dumber than that, does it? I swear when I see/hear/meet people like this I think, 'The Idiocracy must be stopped.' Of course, Churchill said it best....

Honest labor is honest labor, I don't know why you would look down on another service industry worker when you should know what a tough industry it can be at all pay scales. I'm sure you didn't magically appear in your dream job either, life is a journey for everyone.

News Comments > Evening Patches
14. Re: Evening Patches Apr 9, 2014, 11:45 Verno

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 11:41:
If the problem is disconnections, then they're probably more interested in fixing that instead. Frankly, I doubt they even want to let you save your "progress" with the bounties. The bonus is there to encourage longer sessions, so why allow people to get the same benefits when playing in short bursts?

You can't fix disconnections though, its an inherent issue with internet play. There are so many variables that its probably better to have some sort of temporary save state time allowance. I have no idea why you're so against this when all people are asking for is like 5 minutes of grace time if you get DC'd. It is completely reasonable.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed
15. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed Apr 9, 2014, 11:43 Verno

I'd like to be optimistic but man, recent history with Gearbox and outsourced stuff isn't exactly encouraging.  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: Hardware Reviews Apr 9, 2014, 11:19 Verno

I love my FireTV, its basically a better version of the Ouya and the Roku to some extent. I settled on a build of XBMC that does 1080p playback just fine and having Netflix/etc built in is just gravy. I'm still in the messing around stages but its a fantastic little unit with some flaws to work out like any 1.0 hardware release. Once I find a way to get unsigned apps onto Amazon launcher instead of sideloaded through the Apps/Settings menu I'll be rollin.

I'd like to see them index all apps with the voice search and they really should have an IR fallback in the next iteration.

12. Re: Evening Patches Apr 9, 2014, 11:15 Verno

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 10:53:
It's not progression, though... They're endlessly repeatable, randomly-generated side quests. You just happen to earn a bonus if you do at least 5 at once.

You're splitting hairs, you know exactly what people mean. The bonus gets you rift frags which gets you into more rifts which gets you more loot. When you have an hour or two to play the game due to friends/family/etc and get DC'd which means starting over then you'll understand. No one is saying its the end of the world but its a bummer and they could find a way to save state progress.

10. Re: Evening Patches Apr 9, 2014, 09:50 Verno

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 19:50:
Well that sucks if you're having issues (I've never been disconnected a single time since patch 2.0, except when I go AFK for too long and time-out)

Some people only have a little bit of time to play every night and progression loss is a big design sin.

36. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2014, 08:57 Verno

InBlack wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 07:30:
Law of averages. People dont trust mathematics. The most exact science on the planet, and people dont trust it. What's next, people believing in bearded father figure dieties and zombie saviours??? Oh wait...

I think the sample size here is much bigger than intended for the law of averages to apply. But maybe he just doesn't like Christopher Nolan films, he cites 2 in his examples Not my favorite director either but I think comparing the films he chose is apples to oranges and that's the problem with ratings systems in general.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2014, 13:13 Verno

As much as I'd love to see more sci-fi, more BSG movies isn't what I had in mind. I keep hoping for a new Star Trek (show) where the cast has the sort of chemistry that TNG did. Hopefully the success of the film could float this sort of idea but unfortunately the movies are way too action oriented for my taste so it would probably be awful.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 8, 2014, 12:40 Verno

robdot wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 12:03:
If the NSA wants to spy on you there are far more easier and better ways to do it than kinect. All the gamers bitching about it have an iphone, a PC , ipad, facebook ,Instagram Twitter etc, a drivers license and social security number...stfu already.

I doubt anyone really cares, its more that they don't have a use for the camera permanently pointed at them in the living room. It has little upside so why bother?

News Comments > Watch Dogs Requires Uplay
15. Re: Watch Dogs Requires Uplay Apr 8, 2014, 12:34 Verno

Uplay is kinda crappy and half assed but I rarely run into problems with it outside of launch day for big games.  

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
59. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 7, 2014, 16:54 Verno

Krovven wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 15:27:
Yea Barbs are fine, but it was a big change from what people were used to and the way things had been in the beta for months. It took some time for people to adjust. Which is why I don't want to see major changes to the Crusader this quickly, just small adjustments.

I don't think Crusaders are as well balanced as Barbarians were back then is the bigger point to take from my comment. Blizzard seems to agree as there appear to be several large changes coming which is great. I think now is actually the better time to make big changes before people get too settled in.

The irony is that my build is getting nerfed with with the damage reduction to Heavens Fury, while everything else is getting buffed. The Justice buff won't make up for it, as Heavens Fury is my elite killer

The legendary that buffs it (name escapes me at the moment) is the reason its getting nerfed, it was way too easy to shotgun elites with it. I know what you mean though, I always hate finding a build that really works for me then it gets adjusted later.

This comment was edited on Apr 7, 2014, 17:02.

News Comments > On ESO Charges
16. Re: On ESO Charges Apr 7, 2014, 12:37 Verno

I have to disagree with you there Verno, This is done for one reason. Itís to prevent anyone with a copy of the game to play it for free. Anyone that has a copy installed from either the beta or a friendís account could just jump on with their account and start playing for those 30 days.

I don't see a problem with that scenario as long as the account has paid game time and I feel like you fight gold farmers with a strong abuse department rather than with billing. If there's one thing I've learned with MMOs over the years its that the gold farmers will always find a way as long as the demand is there.

News Comments > On ESO Charges
14. Re: On ESO Charges Apr 7, 2014, 12:22 Verno

Ozmodan wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 12:04:
You should never have to enter payment information initially. I am glad I did not purchase this game just because of that. I could care less that it is subscription, but telling me I can't play because I don't enter a credit card that is ludicrous.

Ideally the game should just come with a one time game code that gives you a month of use. Doesn't solve the gold farmer problem but I think those kinds of issues should be dealt with separately. I think they like getting the money of people who stay subbed game because of forgetfulness/etc too.

News Comments > Full Watch Dogs System Specs
43. Re: Full Watch Dogs System Specs Apr 7, 2014, 10:50 Verno

Definitely a wait and see game for me too. I really hope it isn't just Assassin's Technocreed or something but Ubisoft loves their collectathons.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Prequel Plans?
7. Re: Borderlands 2 Prequel Plans? Apr 7, 2014, 10:48 Verno

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 09:48:
I enjoyed both Borderlands, but gazillion of guns doesn't mean shit when everyone is farming out 4-5 weapons. At least D3 added Adventure mode to keep it fresh.

I liked both games but I wouldn't say I loved them. Like you though I find them too unbalanced and repetitive. I'm in no rush for the next Borderlands game unless they're changing things up, the formula is a bit stale for me.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
79. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 7, 2014, 10:19 Verno

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 12:22:
Sorry I don't have time to sit around on my computer all weekend like certain people here. It appears the IRS leak story was wrong and they rectified it. So what? It doesn't make the whole story of bullying to get their way any less ridiculous. Even liberal loon Bill Mahar thinks it's fucked.

Don't let that stop the hypocrites from ranting, though.

You don't see any irony in calling something bullying when the people complaining are doing exactly the same thing to them? I call it fighting back. If anything their way is better, they are just using public pressure which comes from the fact that most of the public identifies with their complaints. They're not bullying anyone. Incidentally I thought most donations were a matter of public record, the government audits them after all so I'm not sure why anyone would think its some super secret thing that was leaked from a tax return.

15513 Comments. 776 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo