Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 16973 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 15, 2015, 15:58 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 15:11:
Not really, all that proves is someone with admin rights opened it. That doesn't at all prove it was him. And given how much piracy and identity theft is going on it could have - theoretically - been anyone.

No, it's the specific DPR account apparently. Doesn't look good for Ross. His lawyer looks like he will do his best with the mysterious "other man, fall guy" thing but the government case has been pretty compelling so far.

Playing: Bloodborne, GTA V PC, Pillars of Eternity
Watching: The Last Man on Earth, Daredevil, Network
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 15, 2015, 13:29 Verno

Ulbricht looks pretty screwed there, caught opening an admin only page that an agent asked him to open seconds beforehand.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
7. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 15, 2015, 13:21 Verno

I'll just wait for release this time around, really liking Dragonfall so far though.  

News Comments > Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash
24. Re: Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash Jan 15, 2015, 13:15 Verno

Darks wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 10:24:
My thoughts on DLC is, don't let the cat out of the bag until your games already been released. Then announce DLC for the game.

Anytime any developer says, they have DLC planed, Everyone usually jumps to that conclusion they already have it in the game and in some way probably short changed us because that was some content that was held back for DLC.

If they are telling the truth or not, its always a perception. And once that's out there. Its hard to shake it off and convince anyone otherwise.

Yeah I agree with you. I don't really want to hear about DLC before release to be honest. People say that they want to know a game is getting "support" but I don't look at DLC as support, that's monetization. Support is patching the game, anti-cheat, etc. The more I hear about DLC before a release, the less likely I am to buy that game. There are exceptions of course but that's mostly companies with proven track records. A Turtle Rock offshoot with a shitty publisher doesn't apply.

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed
99. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 15, 2015, 13:07 Verno

PC games don't hold value very long compared to consoles so just wait a few months and play it then. I'm not going to question why anyone bought the game three times already but hey at least then there's no rush to play it a fourth time right?

Otherwise I suggest hitting up GMG sometime, they usually have 10-20% off new games.

Edit: I don't see GTA V on there at the moment unfortunately. Might wanna keep an eye on this thread.

This comment was edited on Jan 15, 2015, 13:18.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2015, 11:46 Verno

Necrophob wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 11:03:

And as for the Escape from New York remake...please Hollywood, no more...I beg you...

Hollywood is hellbent on remaking everything in PG13, no blood, minimal swearing and jump cut directing where you can't see anything going on. Totally watered down entertainment for the low standards of modern audiences. I can't even say they're wrong for doing so, people keep flocking the theater to see this mediocre crap.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2015, 10:22 Verno

Avatar was such a boring movie in almost every conceivable way, the 3D and spiffy visuals barely kept me awake. It getting one sequel I can understand because James Cameron is a big fucking deal in Hollywood but three is completely absurd. Shit it was absurd for the Hobbit films even.  

7. Re: Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash Jan 15, 2015, 10:08 Verno

Tavil wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 10:00:
My biggest problem with this game is that the main focus which is the multiplayer is going to be horrible unless you play with friends. The community in L4D is toxic and it will be the same here, rage quits, people doing what they want, etc. Even with all the DLC crap and stuff, people will still buy it in droves...its already up in the top sellers on Steam, what a surprise.

To be fair though almost all new AAA titles chart high on the Steam list for their release week. I would be surprised if this game did very well, most of the feedback I've read online has been pretty tame even the console folk seem kinda meh on it.

3. Re: Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash Jan 15, 2015, 09:57 Verno

Whoever wrote this should've just stuck with Valve. I have a hard time seeing the downside in a no pressure work environment where you have a lot of resources and creative freedom, sounds like developer nirvana to me.

I was a big L4D fan so I had high expectations for this but I tried to go into it with an open mind. I don't know how else to put it, the game just isn't fun. The Cryengine is a poor choice, load times are crazy long even on my SSD and while some aspects look good visually other things very dated. The guns just don't feel good, I only tried a few modes of gameplay but it felt very limited in terms of scope. Chasing it around until you kill it when its very weak or it gets strong enough to annihilate everyone just isn't fun and one of the classes has the ability to spot its footprints which really neuters the experience. One other mode was even dumber it has to evolve to....destroy a power station?

I didn't spend 10 hours playing it or something so I'm no expert but it just didn't grab me at all. Some of the level design was pretty cool was about the only positive standout. They just didn't make a good game to me so I don't care about how rough and tumble the gaming industry is, maybe if you made a better game then people would swallow the DLC strategy.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
6. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 15, 2015, 09:36 Verno

BitWraith wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 09:10:
Blackberry is worth 7.5 billion?

Patents, their embedded work, corporate clients, etc.

News Comments > Diablo III Celebrates Patch With Buffs
12. Re: Diablo III Celebrates Patch With Buffs Jan 15, 2015, 09:26 Verno

nin wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 09:03:
Yeah, every time they patch, I pop in for a week or two. It's fun, I just wish there was more to do...

I have the same problem, I'm not sure if my taste is just different now that I'm older but I expect more from ARPGs and this doesn't really satisfy for longer than a week with some buds.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity in March
8. Re: Pillars of Eternity in March Jan 14, 2015, 13:14 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 13:10:
This is Obsidian we're talking about. The guys who are always 'Oh it's never our fault! It's the publishers for rushing us!' These guys have needed a good producer for ever now. Running a year behind isn't acceptable in any business. And I'll be utterly amazed if it's not a bug-ridden mess when it finally gets here even with the delay.

Err I'm not sure where you get that from it sounds more like a personal inference of yours than anything they've said. Most of the interviews I've heard/read with Obsidian they are pretty candid about their failings. Frankly I can forgive them when you look at the scope and ambition they display in many of their titles. I want developers taking more risks, not less. You're also ignoring how complex RPGs are, they are almost inherently buggy if they're worth a damn. It seems really weird to get angry at them for taking extra time on it when you just ranted about them shipping buggy games by the way.

Anyways polish delays are fine with me, hopefully it results in better launch quality. Worked out well for South Park which was an Obsidian game.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 14, 2015, 11:38 Verno

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 10:52:
Hrm, I'm tempted to go in for at least $15 for Shadowrun:HK, I got the first two, played through the first one and found it good, and the second one apparently is much better, according pretty much universal reviews. (It's in the queue!)

I'll burn through Dragonfall real quick and see if I still want another game in that engine.

I just started Dragonfall last night and even just the first 20 minutes is heads and tails better than Returns.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Closed Beta
10. Re: Heroes of the Storm Closed Beta Jan 14, 2015, 11:37 Verno

Definitely interested in checking this out, I like Dota 2 but man those matches really drag on sometimes and getting interrupted with RL stuff sucks.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2015, 10:19 Verno

Postal services are great...at shoving their ridiculous pension obligations on the general public.  

News Comments > Evolve 4th Monster; DLC; Season Pass Details
9. Re: Evolve 4th Monster; DLC; Season Pass Details Jan 13, 2015, 16:01 Verno

This is way too confusing to sort out so I'll just get another game instead.  

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 13, 2015, 12:34 Verno

What a bunch of childish flamebait.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
7. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jan 13, 2015, 11:52 Verno

Axis wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 11:21:
There are lots of ways people in power use tragedy (even if it's false, created, or perceived tragedy) for political gain - ask Obama, he's the best at it.

By that logic he would be there already then, kind of a self defeating argument.

I don't know why no one from the US attended but to be honest its a token gesture anyway, we do more than all of those countries combined when it comes to fighting terrorists and everyone knows it.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2015, 11:22 Verno

Necrophob wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 11:09:
Rockets have a fairly high rate of failure. We just don't hear about most of them, because most are commercial satellites going up in flames before reaching orbit.

Oh uh, haha. I meant GTA V in the context of video games

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed
4. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 13, 2015, 10:45 Verno

Whatever, I'll just play other games for a few months  

16973 Comments. 849 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo