Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 17510 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 28, 2015, 13:14 Verno

That's good because the constant totally-not-a-loading-screen doorway opening was annoying as hell in Witcher 2.  
Playing: Dark Souls 2: Scholars of the First Sin
Watching: Mr. Robot
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Dedicated Servers Confirmed
5. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Dedicated Servers Confirmed Apr 28, 2015, 11:55 Verno

This will just matchmake you into a dedicated server that isn't user hosted big meh.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Gameplay Trailer
13. Re: Just Cause 3 Gameplay Trailer Apr 28, 2015, 11:48 Verno

Yeah I loved just farting around doing insane shit with the hook, can't wait for this.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 28, 2015, 10:56 Verno

You should check out The International sometime, TI4 had pretty good announcing and should be the standard for esports.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
20. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 27, 2015, 16:32 Verno

I wouldn't infer anything about racial preferences based on poll data that had nothing to do with that subject. I actually rate Obama fairly well (mostly his economic track record), it's his record on privacy and healthcare I'm not thrilled about. I couldn't care less what color his skin is.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
17. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 27, 2015, 16:18 Verno

descender wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 15:46:
Republicans... Mostly because they are racist morons.

Please don't do this, it makes it really hard to take anything else seriously. You don't like Axis doing it so don't do the same.

News Comments > Op Ed
31. Re: Op Ed Apr 27, 2015, 15:36 Verno

Read your own posts sometime, you and hyperbole are not exactly strangers

I think part of the big problem here is that Valve, in an effort to jumpstart the marketplace, decided to go back and move pre-existing mods behind the paywall.

Well its this and the fact that they didn't seem to really think this through in terms of resolving conflicts and dependencies but oh well, genie is out of the bottle now.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2015, 11:55 Verno

Happy Anniversary Blue.

Been playing Heroes of the Storm a bit more, its still not gelling with me. Just something missing, it feels too simple for an already pretty easy formula. Maybe once they add more heroes.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 27, 2015, 09:32 Verno

Really sucks because the PT demo teaser for Silent Hills on PS4 was some of the craziest shit I've seen in awhile and was a total blast to figure out.  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
22. Re: Sunday Interviews Apr 27, 2015, 09:22 Verno

I just won't pay for mods if I don't want to, problem solved.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 24, 2015, 15:23 Verno

My girlfriend dragged me to an Apple store to check out the watches, I was very unimpressed with both the form, functionality and price. I wouldn't buy one myself but I can use her Macbook Pro and see quality there. OS X is actually very respectable, Time Machine owns and the build quality on the hardware is very good. I get why she wanted it. I don't get the obsession with the watch at all, its pure marketing brand bullshit. There is no real value there right now and these devices were largely supplanted by smartphones already. It's a tech regression without any real gain. I think wearables have a future down the road but not watches.  

News Comments > Skyrim Free Weekend
40. Re: Skyrim Free Weekend Apr 24, 2015, 15:18 Verno

Looking forward to the hilarious debates here where people who have pirated mods get crapped on by people who have paid for them and all that nonsense.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 24, 2015, 12:54 Verno

Hahaha whatever, seem to be doing fine based on economic metrics and I don't see the social benefits hurting any up there. Canada seems to be doing just fine even despite an oil downturn. I hear more bitching about the liberal governments provincially from Canadians than anything else, even from liberals themselves lol!  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2015, 10:57 Verno

Hahaha I was thinking the same thing. I can just see someone stopping to retweet their smoke detector message and not making it out of the house.  

News Comments > Lost GTA5 Accounts Restoration Within 24 Hours
21. Re: Lost GTA5 Accounts Restoration Within 24 Hours Apr 24, 2015, 09:09 Verno

My performance before the first patch was stellar but since then it hasn't been as consistent, framerate is all over the place and there is some stutter where I had none previously. I'm trying to trace what the issue is but nothing changed on my end other than the patch and I've pretty much ruled out local hardware/software problems. Anyone else having similar issues with stutter and inconsistent framerate? At this point it wouldn't surprise me if Rockstar tucked anti-cheat into the patch or something.  

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
33. Re: Mad Max Trailer Apr 24, 2015, 08:49 Verno

Squirmer wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 20:00:
This looks good. The only thing I'm worried about is that the "open world" will be littered with trivial side activities and collectibles (like basically every open world game ever). Just Cause 2 was fine in this regard because it was so crazy and fun at every moment, but if Mad Max has a more serious tone without that craziness, all those trivial activities could get dull.

I'm worried about the same but the whole Assassin's Creed style fighting I saw there was even more bizarre. Definitely a wait and see on this game.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 24, 2015, 08:35 Verno

Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 22:40:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 19:29:
RE:Comcast

Wherein logic prevails. They'll be back though. Too much money for them not to be.

Especially if the GOP win the next election. Then it's full speed ahead and damn the consumers.

Conservatives seem to be doing fine up there hahaha owned son!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 23, 2015, 15:07 Verno

The load time reductions are pretty nice, for the huge areas its not as much but most places I'm seeing 10-15s reductions minimum. Hunters Dream takes like 10 seconds to load now, thank god. The loading screens are more like Demons Souls too.  

News Comments > Steam Launches Paid Mod Support
10. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 14:01 Verno

A lot of people mod for attention/cred so there will always be a free alternative, I can't get worked up over this. Some mods I wouldn't mind paying for anyway (SkyUI for example). Modding has become a bit of a lost art in the industry overall thanks to DLC so whatever encourages more of the practice in my book.  

News Comments > Lost GTA5 Accounts Restoration Within 24 Hours
12. Re: Lost GTA5 Accounts Restoration Within 24 Hours Apr 23, 2015, 12:16 Verno

Affected customers can treat it like an added bonus loading screen  

17510 Comments. 876 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo