Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 17502 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Game Bans
31. Re: Steam Game Bans Apr 30, 2015, 13:26 Verno

dizave wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 13:17:
"People are worried about the potential abuse of this and cited examples like War Z where users would be unfairly banned through no fault of their own. I don't know why you're confused, everyone seems pretty straight forward in this thread, I would re-read it."

That is the entire argument dude. I'm worried some douche will run a red light and plow into my car on my way to work. I'm worried a police officer will pull me over for no reason. I'm worried the server at my favorite restaurant will spit in my food. I'm worried because I might be banned in my favorite video game because they are trying to prevent cheating.

If it happens then lets complain on bluesnews. Just because it CAN happen is no reason to get our collective panties in a bunch.

"complain on bluesnews" seems to be the focus here from you, not the topical content. This is a discussion board and people will discuss the news, sometimes its positive and sometimes its negative. You seem to think people are jumping up and down angry when all I read is some people expressing legit concerns. One person made a comment about switching to GOG, that's about as extreme as its gotten here. So maybe you're the one who needs to chill out a bit.

I don't really see a point in clamming up about something either, if anything as we learned with the paid mod thing a few days ago, companies do listen to feedback and it can change their policies. I have no problem with them enabling devs to ban cheaters, all I'm looking for is a method of resolving it in case of a dispute and maybe a little more clarification on the particulars. That's not exactly unreasonable. If you want to wait and ignore this then go ahead, peoples comments here don't impact you in any way.

Playing: Dark Souls 2: Scholars of the First Sin
Watching: Mr. Robot
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Steam Game Bans Apr 30, 2015, 13:05 Verno

Dude I realize my comment was over the top but i'm just so confused. Every game I have ever been hardcore into has been ruined when i realized the amount of people cheating. Youtube reveals the hidden truth and its so frustrating. There are websites where you can pay actual money for software that allows you to cheat. I mean, I understand it. I understand why one might want to use video games to learn or advance their programming skills etc. But, don't shit on valve for trying to prevent this because there is a potential for abuse before said abuse actually is an issue.

Valve isn't preventing anything, banning a user is reactive, not proactive. They also aren't banning anyone themselves, they are giving the developer tools to do that. People don't really have a problem with cheaters being banned, that's you misreading peoples concerns. People are worried about the potential abuse of this and cited examples like War Z where users would be unfairly banned through no fault of their own. I don't know why you're confused, everyone seems pretty straight forward in this thread, I would re-read it.

There's a big difference between "VALVE SUKS" and "I dont like this because of the potential for abuse by bad devs like in this example...".

Valve at least needs to give customers some sort of avenue to resolve a dispute that isn't the developer who banned them.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced
25. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced Apr 30, 2015, 12:39 Verno

Brumbek wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 12:33:
Yes, I suppose it did sound condescending. It wasn't my intent.

Of course it was as your followup clearly demonstrates. You don't really address your own failings in recognizing that the game actually has methods of making it more difficult either. The developer should've included difficulty levels but if you play games with all of the hand holding toggles on then no one is going to take complaints about difficulty seriously.

21. Re: Steam Game Bans Apr 30, 2015, 12:37 Verno

dizave wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 12:24:
The bluesnews commentators are completely out of touch. I don't belive any of you actually play games. You all just like to complain about anything and everything. Valve makes an effort to kick douche bags off my servers and all you have to say is "im worried this power will be abused"? WTF is wrong with you? If Valve decides to start banning legit players then we can get upset. But any effort to prevent you from wall hacking or aim boting in the games I paid for is fan fucking tastic. Anyone that thinks any different is either part of the problem or should go back to ISIS. Get the fuck out of my games so I can enjoy them they way they are indented to be played.

I thought this was a serious post until the ISIS bit, well played 6/10.

17. Re: Steam Game Bans Apr 30, 2015, 11:19 Verno

I don't mind playing with cheaters, it really doesn't get my blood boiling or anything. Some people get all worked up about it but I could really care less, I'll just go do something else or laugh it off. They want your anger so why give it to them? I don't see a huge need for this either, at least not without oversight from Valve and it doesn't sound like they want to bother.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Clue?
10. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Clue? Apr 30, 2015, 11:12 Verno

Cutter wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 10:45:
I can't imagine anyone would want this. The first game was fucking horrible all around. It's why it's selling for $3 on all the key websites.

How much time did you personally spend playing it? It was an average game, often above average but brought down by silly design decisions and an uneven driving model. Only the Uplay keys are selling that cheap and the game is a year old so cheap PC versions isn't a big surprise.

If you think this was completely horrible then you really need to play some actually bad games sometime to get proper context.

The first AC game was really average in many respects too and they did a lot with the sequel. I'm willing to give it a chance.

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: Why Video Games Matter - NPR Apr 30, 2015, 09:09 Verno

PHJF wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 18:45:
Joel was doing the right thing for the wrong reasons - his internalized guilt/grief over his daughters death manifesting in a familial bond with Ellie.

He was being a selfish dick, too sorry for himself to reconcile losing his daughter and opting to forsake a potentially better future for humanity. The choice wasn't his to make, hence the last scene of the game; Ellie would have sacrificed herself. She spent the entire game pining for the childhood she never had.

The Fireflies never gave her that choice though, maybe she would have and maybe not. Joels motivations were definitely selfish but I can't fault him for that when the Fireflies were just as despicable. Joel's lie to Ellie later on is more difficult to reconcile.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced
18. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced Apr 30, 2015, 08:46 Verno

sdgundamx wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 02:54:
I never understood people who think it's not good enough to bash something they don't like, they have to bash the people who like it too.

Personally, I loved the game. I'm playing through the Bright Lord DLC now and having a good time with it. Probably have put around 40 hours into the game in total.

Found it too easy? Turn of the button prompts and the enemy outlines in the menu options. Don't perk the overpowered perks like the one that lets you take a hit and still keep your combo meter running. Limit yourself to one legendary rune per weapon (or don't use them at all). The game is as hard as you choose to make it.

I read a few different forums and found most of the people who claim to have never died while playing it also didn't even get far into the game. Some of the later immunity combos make that claim even less likely to be true. So take that stuff with a grain of salt, people love to posture and exaggerate. Like you and redmask said people will bitch about the ease but then not turn off all of the player assists. I won't say this was a hard game but it certainly wasn't easy when I did that. Batman was an easy game too if you didn't do this but somehow that gets a pass.

My beef with this game was the disjointed and poorly edited story, the progression felt all off and the open world trappings are too shallow. It felt very rushed towards the end too but that's most games. It was certainly above average though and did the whole AC thing better than AC is doing these days.

I just remembered that as you progress the story the orcs will level up and gain immunities regardless of player deaths too.

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 2015, 08:56.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Apr 29, 2015, 15:01 Verno

Gotta disagree nin, the world had already been pretty screwed and her living or dying wasn't going to make or break that. As the game painted over and over again the bigger threat was always man himself, not the infected. People forget the game takes place 20 years after the infection and humanity already adapted to survive. Sure getting rid of it would've improved things significantly but the damage to society as a whole had already been done. As you noted in your spoiler text, there were also no guarantees that anything would've come out of the procedure.

Joel was doing the right thing for the wrong reasons - his internalized guilt/grief over his daughters death manifesting in a familial bond with Ellie.

Anyways thats what sets Last of Us apart from so many other games. There are actual layers to the characters and story. I love discussing Last of Us, people often bring up interesting things they observed. The game world is amazingly detailed, lots of little touches.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2015, 10:50 Verno

Years ago my girlfriends dog got into her chocolate cabinet while we were out at the show. She had everything in there, chocolate with almonds, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, cocoa bars and basically nothing good for dogs. It was a huge stash of chocolate like only women can keep and he ate the whole fucking thing except for a few things he didn't manage to tear apart. I warned her about this before (it was near the ground) but she insisted she always kept it locked. We get back and hes sitting there covered in chocolate, there are wrappers everywhere (how the fuck?!) and he ate so much that hes laying on his side with his belly so distended it looked like he was pregnant. He wasn't a small dog but with the amount of theobromine he consumed I thought he would be dead by morning. Vet says on the phone nothing they can do since it happened hours before hand. He had a giant shit later and acted like nothing happened, no weird symptoms or etc. I was floored.

That dog was like a cat, 9 lives. He got hit by a car too after tunneling out the back yard fence and still ended up living to be 16.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 29, 2015, 10:39 Verno

I think the Nvidia Android console has the most realistic shot since it has decent hardware and all of the streaming apps.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans
23. Re: Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans Apr 29, 2015, 10:24 Verno

NKD wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 09:48:
I didn't use any mods at all because I knew this was coming. They said in interviews prior to release regarding mods that their #1 concern was the integrity of the multiplayer game, and with Rockstar Shitter Club it's hard to know exactly when and what they are tracking.

They should have been more clear. Banning people for a relatively benign mod without any clarification or warning is inexcusable.

A friend of mine loaded up a trainer for the singleplayer game that works online, they should be taking things a bit more seriously on the security front and not trusting the client that much. Bigger fish to fry IMO.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 28, 2015, 13:14 Verno

That's good because the constant totally-not-a-loading-screen doorway opening was annoying as hell in Witcher 2.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Dedicated Servers Confirmed
5. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Dedicated Servers Confirmed Apr 28, 2015, 11:55 Verno

This will just matchmake you into a dedicated server that isn't user hosted big meh.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Gameplay Trailer
13. Re: Just Cause 3 Gameplay Trailer Apr 28, 2015, 11:48 Verno

Yeah I loved just farting around doing insane shit with the hook, can't wait for this.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 28, 2015, 10:56 Verno

You should check out The International sometime, TI4 had pretty good announcing and should be the standard for esports.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
20. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 27, 2015, 16:32 Verno

I wouldn't infer anything about racial preferences based on poll data that had nothing to do with that subject. I actually rate Obama fairly well (mostly his economic track record), it's his record on privacy and healthcare I'm not thrilled about. I couldn't care less what color his skin is.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
17. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 27, 2015, 16:18 Verno

descender wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 15:46:
Republicans... Mostly because they are racist morons.

Please don't do this, it makes it really hard to take anything else seriously. You don't like Axis doing it so don't do the same.

News Comments > Op Ed
31. Re: Op Ed Apr 27, 2015, 15:36 Verno

Read your own posts sometime, you and hyperbole are not exactly strangers

I think part of the big problem here is that Valve, in an effort to jumpstart the marketplace, decided to go back and move pre-existing mods behind the paywall.

Well its this and the fact that they didn't seem to really think this through in terms of resolving conflicts and dependencies but oh well, genie is out of the bottle now.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2015, 11:55 Verno

Happy Anniversary Blue.

Been playing Heroes of the Storm a bit more, its still not gelling with me. Just something missing, it feels too simple for an already pretty easy formula. Maybe once they add more heroes.

17502 Comments. 876 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo