Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 16301 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
173. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 12, 2014, 14:08 Verno

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 13:43:
Until you mentioned him, I had never heard of Michael Pachter.

He used to essentially troll pretty heavily for attention with absurd headline bites. Well known for his grandiose and often vague predictions. He used to shit on the PC platform pretty regularly too so he doesn't have many fans around here haha.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 12, 2014, 12:40 Verno

Oooh I know this one! The green party!  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 12, 2014, 12:31 Verno

I don't know if I would go as far as saying broken but it was janky as hell for sure. I'm definitely interested in seeing another company have a go with the assets.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 12, 2014, 12:30 Verno

Reactor wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 11:05:
iPad mini minus? How about iPad nano?

Speaking of nano, I wonder if the ipod is finally done. I think the touches are a great in between product for kids that you don't necessarily want to have a cell phone but that can't be a huge market demographic.

News Comments > PC GTA5 in January
25. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 12:16 Verno

ItBurn wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 12:01:
The people working on the PC compatibility stuff are different people. This is simply a planning issue. A ton of other devs release all platforms at the same time successfully. That's because it's planned properly

Not necessarily, no. Q/A is done many times by the same in-house teams and simply takes longer on a platform with more hardware variation. Different companies have different processes for this kind of thing. A 2 month delay is just fine with me if the port is solid. A lot of other companies release at the same time and it's not always to our benefit.

There will be plenty of stuff to play around to fill in the gaps anyway *shrug*. I'll be lucky to be finishing off games from November at that point.

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 12, 2014, 11:30 Verno

You can't really lay that on one specific political party or voting demographic.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2014, 11:02 Verno

That blue heron video was crazy. He's going to regret it tomorrow coming out the other end.  

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 12, 2014, 10:21 Verno

Very frustrating to hear about these things. You have to do this thing and if you don't like it then your only recourse is our secret court process that you are guaranteed to lose or a 250k daily fee. Unreal.  

9. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 10:13 Verno

InBlack wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 10:00:
I for one am hoping for a decent port this time round. I skipped GTAIV on the PC mainly due to how terribly it ran on PC hardware at the time.

Max Payne 3 was an excellent PC port so hopefully this is more along the lines of that.

2. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 09:36 Verno

I hope they don't go for that weird Rockstar client for the MP.  

News Comments > Op Ed
97. Re: Op Ed Sep 12, 2014, 09:33 Verno

This is why its so difficult to take any feminism in gaming movement seriously. I can't sympathize with the issues when you're faking them and engaging in extremely dishonest behavior. It calls into question whether theres even a problem in the first place or if that is also a product of imagination. I certainly don't see rampant sexism in my gaming circles so to speak.

These people just seem to want attention, money and people to just accept their agendas blindly. Sorry but not happening, the veil has been pulled back.

It is kind of depressing how many dishonest editorials and all of the browbeating we've been subjected to put into this kind of context.

61. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2014, 08:50 Verno

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 22:54:
Prez wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 22:06:
Switching gears, why is the NFL, and more specifically Goodell, under such fire for how the incident was handled?
Because they admitted they knew there was a tape from inside the elevator, but claim they didn't see it despite asking for it. So, what did they do? Well, you would have to assume they sat in a room and said, "Well, what might be on the tape?" And one of those options has to be "He knocked her unconscious." And yet, despite considering all the possibilities they come out with a two game suspension. It is unconscionable.

And that isn't even considering the Greg Hardy and Ray MacDonald situations...

Yeah exactly. It's one thing if they didn't know the full extent but pretty much everything so far has indicated they knew well ahead of time and just hoped it would blow over.

I had no idea about the other two stories (Hardy & Macdonald) thanks for the heads up, jesus thats some scary shit.

Greg Hardy, Carolina Panthers defensive end: Hardy was arrested on May 13 on two charges of assault on a woman and communicating threats, both misdemeanors to which he pleaded not guilty. In a motion seeking a protective order, Hardy’s girlfriend accused him of picking her up and throwing her to the floor in a bathroom before taking her into a bedroom and throwing her onto a couch covered in guns, including assault weapons and shotguns.

I would love to hear people defend that one.

54. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2014, 16:57 Verno

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 16:14:
As near as I can tell, Cutter's points amount to this:

Rice didn't 'beat her'. That implies repeatedly punching/slapping/kicking a woman into submission. He threw a single, fast punch that happened to knock her out.

Cutters point is that the media should be taking her to task which is absurd. No one thinks shes a saint but the reaction was way over the top. Playing semantics with the wording is ridiculous, he punched her in the fucking face and lets not forget dragging her unconscious body around. He was in no real danger as a 200+ pound NFL baller and even if he was his actions do not reflect it. He could have subdued her in many other ways or extricated himself. He chose to punch her. What hes getting in the media is absolutely deserved, there were many other ways to handle that situation in a responsible way. Whether its 1 punch or 20 doesn't matter, anything more than 0 wasn't ok.

His other idiotic argument about learned violence makes no sense considering that kind of contact is not regular in the NFL. The NFL is a physical sport but it does not teach players to punch women in the face. That is not a "mitigating factor" for anything. Many other NFL players manage to go about their lives without punching women, screaming or otherwise.

This comment was edited on Sep 11, 2014, 17:03.

News Comments > Alien Isolation Specs
32. Re: Alien Isolation Specs Sep 11, 2014, 12:26 Verno

You have to actually make use of it to see a difference. Go load up something texture heavy like WoW, its night and day.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 11, 2014, 10:48 Verno

Even after the demonstration the watch still seemed like a solution in search of a problem.  

52. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2014, 08:29 Verno

Cutter wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 19:56:
Hyperbolize much? See, people like you are part of the problem. She's screaming and slapping the guy. He gives her a rabbit punch that just happens to knock her out and you and the rest of the shrill liberal brigade are screaming that he beat her unconscious. Really, he just sat there pounding away until she was unconscious. Is that what really happened? Because I saw a quick rabbit punch that just happened to catch her on the button - which is boxing terminology for the nerve ganglion in the jaw, that when hit, results in a knockout. It's not like he even flat out swung on her. It looks worse than what it is. If you ever boxed or followed boxing you'd know that, but obviously boxing is barbaric so you wouldn't do that.

I'm not defending him, I'm defending men everywhere that get castigated for this bullshit while not a single fucking word is said about the woman's behavior. If you start shit with someone - and I don't give a flying fuck if you're male or female - then you best expect a response. As the old expression goes, don't start nothin' and there ain't gonna' be nothin'. Now that, is actual, real common sense. And what's more that's actually fair.

There is something seriously wrong with you to think its ok to write all of that and pretend you aren't defending a woman beater. To lash out at other people for their lack of critical thought in the face of such ignorance is astounding.

I have no idea how you have evaded getting banned for so long. To sass the site owner not once but twice over a guy who punched out a woman has to be masterful trolling or a disturbing psychological problem.

95. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 15:12 Verno

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 15:09:
Man, I gave you credit for still being valid, what more did you want?

Haha sorry dude, I am just annoyed at a different poster.

91. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 15:07 Verno

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 15:04:
That is also comparing a single game against entire series of games. But your point is still somewhat valid.

It's also comparing many single platform titles against multiplatform titles and a host of other criteria that make such comparisons difficult. Either way I never said Minecraft wasn't hugely successful, I was just offering my own anecdote about its "mass market" penetration.

88. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 15:02 Verno

I bet 1 billion dollars that this is going to be their primary application to sell a new 3d headset and glove for the 2015 Christmas cycle.

I'd be surprised to see Microsoft double down on peripherals after how Kinect went to be honest.

I did say "game". Not franchise.

Rolleyes

85. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 14:59 Verno

Bundy wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 14:49:
It is, I think, the third highest selling game of all time? Is that right? Or was it second?

Err what? Minecraft isn't even in the top 10 for all time sales. Of course its young and accomplished a lot in a short period of time (although its done it on multiple platforms unlike several other properties on that list) but either way you're way off base.

Let's not pretend it isn't a enormous, massive success. I'd wager my ancedotal evidence is better than yours.

Quite smarmy. I didn't pretend it wasn't a success, thats a straw man from you. I was just pointing out that experiences vary, I like Minecraft but it just doesn't have that sort of market penetration here.

16301 Comments. 816 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo