Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 14971 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Patched
9. Re: Battlefield 4 Patched Dec 20, 2013, 11:45 Verno

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 10:31:

Not sure what the bug is supposed to be, soflam is supposed to be auto targeting and MAV has it's own laser designator ^^ If you aim at a enemy vehicle or device with a MAV, it's gonna get painted.

It works through terrain and objects, completely ignoring all line of sight and doesn't have the proper targeting animation. It's obviously a bug.

Not many people bother to take choppers anyways unless they are the on the team that is steam rolling. Helicopters are just awful to use, or rather Attack Helicopters, and I think they took out of the 'flying below radar/lock on' ability or whatever from BF3.

Yeah they overnerfed air a bit in this. They also hit the choppers maneuverability which is annoying so its harder to make LOS breaks to stop missiles/etc. Engineers can carry so many that there is just no way to escape your inevitable doom. Also Stealth Jets just need to be gone, they sucked in BF3 and still suck in BF4.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Patched
5. Re: Battlefield 4 Patched Dec 20, 2013, 10:14 Verno

It's something to do with the file packing format Dice uses, I forget the specifics. I fully expect my BF4 folder to be 60GB in 3 months.

I ran into an interesting bug last night, I was able to deploy a SOFLAM then launch a MAV and whenever I target a vehicle it gets painted automatically by own SOFLAM. By the end of the round the other team wasn't even bothering to take the choppers.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
12. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 20, 2013, 08:30 Verno

Nah it's just snobbery from people who think they own a game they didn't even develop.  

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March
33. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 20, 2013, 08:29 Verno

I might check it out on the console side, they've done a pretty good job with that version and I love co-op titles.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 19, 2013, 09:12 Verno

People seem to think their entire catalog needs to run before they could ever switch but that's pretty silly. The in-home streaming thing (when its there) will be a good bridge and all they need to do is continue building on the future. The hard part is convincing AAA houses to do it but this was always Valve hedging their bets in case Microsoft goes insane with Windows so if they fail they haven't lost anything except some time and R&D.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Lawsuit
76. Re: Battlefield 4 Lawsuit Dec 19, 2013, 09:04 Verno

ItBurn wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 17:04:
I disagree. Read my previous comments. It'll raise costs, lower innovation and affect negatively good products. The right thing to do is to not buy the bad games... This will have the result you hope for.

I've read your comments and feel that they're incorrectly applied here. This isn't a class action from owners of the game suing EA, this is shareholders suing EA who mislead them about the state of the game prior to release. At the worst this will lead to product delays to ensure products meet some sort of reliability standard before shipping which I can live with. As a consumer I don't care about costs, EA is already passing those costs onto us through revenue tools like DLC and microtransactions anyway. This is not going to lead to some sort of development cost apocalypse, BF4 was a very broken product on several platforms and a special case if I've seen one.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
53. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2013, 08:42 Verno

Cutter wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 16:51:
And the Vitamin D really only applies to white people - or those of northern European descent.

This makes no sense at all. It doesn't "only apply to white people".

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 19, 2013, 08:39 Verno

I hate texting on the move anyway, I use it as an excuse to sit down and get a coffee.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Lawsuit
47. Re: Battlefield 4 Lawsuit Dec 18, 2013, 14:55 Verno

ItBurn wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 14:47:
A dev makes a bad game, you just don't buy it. Don't buy it... It's simple. Let the dev die by himself because of lack of sales. No need to sue and end up raising dev costs and lowering innovation while causing potential issues for actual good games.

That kind of goes without saying but it doesn't address the release and what they told shareholders. These corporate publishing houses will abuse this stuff until it affects their bottom line and there is pushback from consumers and shareholders. There is some amusing irony in rushing to appease the shareholders ending up hurting their bottom line enough to anger them.

Ignoring the shareholder stuff, of course you don't buy it again next time but when they literally release a non-functioning title there needs to be some more immediate incentive not to do that again. The game was utterly broken on 4 platforms for almost 2 months and moderately functional on the PC, that's just unacceptable.

17. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 18, 2013, 13:17 Verno

Raven wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 12:58:
An asshole lounge would need to be bigger. Gapingly bigger.

Hahaha well done.

News Comments > YouTube on YouTube Game Takedowns
28. Re: YouTube on YouTube Game Takedowns Dec 18, 2013, 10:55 Verno

LightAssassin wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 10:47:
Will Cutter come in and admit his mistake? Tune in next week to find out!

He never owns his mistakes, I wouldn't hold my breath.

News Comments > Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay
109. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay Dec 18, 2013, 10:54 Verno

Prez wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 10:36:
Ahh, I get it. The "negative reinforcement" motivational technique! Or would that be de-motivational?

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

News Comments > Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay
103. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay Dec 18, 2013, 10:05 Verno

He's right though, you do seem to have an absurd hateboner for this game. I don't get the urgency either, if they rush it's just going to be a shitshow and everyone will say RAHHHH TOLD U SO. A delay is perfectly reasonable in the context and this stuff happens in the industry all the time, this isn't the 10th delay or something silly. For the record I have $0.00 invested in this game before someone says I'm trying to excuse Chris Roberts and co.  

10. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 18, 2013, 09:51 Verno

That's some high school level "U didn't like this band before they went mainstream" stuff IMO but whatever. I've tried POE on and off in its many stages of development and I've never thought the community was anything to write home about.  

News Comments > YouTube on YouTube Game Takedowns
24. Re: YouTube on YouTube Game Takedowns Dec 18, 2013, 09:05 Verno

Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 23:22:
If they had permission then there wouldn't be any claims, would there? That means the content owners would be cutting off an extra revenue source. I think it's you who needs to brush up the facts, champ.

There have been many erroneous takedowns due to Content ID matching, maybe you're the one who needs to brush up on facts. Companies often just use blanket tools to do it and also use Youtubes takedown system as a means of suppression for channels that compete with their own content sources for viewer eyeballs.

8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 18, 2013, 08:58 Verno

Axis wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 18:19:
Yes!The only problem at this point is it gets inundated with boneheads and naysayers who 'suddenly' like it and crowd the global with dipshitspew -- most of which just left D3 after fooling themselves long enough...

Dick measuring about who likes the game more is incredibly immature. A lot of people smartly waited until the game was significantly improved. Perhaps some never heard about it until now, gasp. Being snobby about a niche ARPG is about the silliest thing I can imagine and that sort of attitude doesn't help to attract people to the game which is what will keep it relevant in the long run.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2013, 13:04 Verno

EvilGrouse wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 13:00:
Screw that. I lived in the northeast for 3 decades. Enough.
It hit 84 degrees here yesterday, and it'll be around 75 today near San Diego. Fuck white Christmases. I'm MUCH happier here.

I used to live in LA and I really miss it sometimes but the traffic there used to raise my blood pressure.

News Comments > Dota 2 Access Opened to All
4. Re: Dota 2 Access Opened to All Dec 17, 2013, 12:54 Verno

Creston wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 12:49:
I tried it once, told everyone I was new and had no idea what I was doing, and got yelled at for being a fucking faggot noob.

Okay then.

That sucks but you meet those people in every game though. Dota 2 has a whole system for dealing with that stuff these days too, those people are quickly segregated from the rest of the player base.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2013, 12:42 Verno

Blue wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 12:12:
Frags4Fun wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 12:09:
I'm only a couple of hours north of you, Blue and the snow is hitting us as well. I guess the foot of snow we got over the weekend wasn't enough. It was -2 when I left for work this morning! My coworker said it was -12 at his place this morning. uuugh. I'm not a fan of all this snow.

I was surprised how cold it was this morning too. I had to refill the bird-feeder and my fingers stuck to the metal!

Yeah my car took a few tries to start this morning, forgot to put it in the garage. It was -22 overnight with the windchill. We also got a few inches of snow dumped on us at 4am, love waking up to that. Living in the northeast

News Comments > Dota 2 Access Opened to All
2. Re: Dota 2 Access Opened to All Dec 17, 2013, 12:33 Verno

I can't really say I've had many bad experiences in DotA 2, in fact I think I get more abuse in FPS games. They have a lot of community tools to deal with it now so it's not the big deal it used to be IMO and I've found many players very intense but willing to teach and help new players.  

14971 Comments. 749 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo