Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 14992 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
38. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2013, 23:23 Verno

Julio wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 20:40:
So why does David Suzuki have 5 children if he thinks there's an overpopulation problem? And he has 4 homes, yet the rest of us should have a small carbon footprint.

Hahaha oh man that's classic, I had no idea. Do as I say, not as I do apparently.

Playing: Everquest Next Alpha, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: Evidence, Longmire, Chained
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Into the Black Dec 23, 2013, 13:30 Verno

NegaDeath wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 11:42:
-51C with windchill today. Its almost like nature WANTS me to stay in on my day off and work through my gaming backlog. And who am I to argue with nature?

You in the northwest or something? I spent a few seasons doing contract work in Canada (Saskatoon), man those western Canadian winters are no joke. The pay was amazing but I'd never do it again.

News Comments > Festivus Consolidation
5. Re: Festivus Consolidation Dec 23, 2013, 13:13 Verno

HoSpanky wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 11:38:
Yep. My wiiU will likely see no more than 6 games in its life, and I already have 4. But it was free, and Mario 3d world is fan-fucking-tastic.

Yeah at the current price it makes no sense. At around $150-200 for the deluxe it becomes a no brainer for families though. I don't think they can remedy their situation through software alone anymore, the latest sale figures post Super Mario 3D World should really give them pause. They need a big price drop to entice people to buy into it, particularly with third party support evaporating.

News Comments > Festivus Metaverse
2. Re: Festivus Metaverse Dec 23, 2013, 11:47 Verno

Still losing money too. Yeah I can't get myself to pay for HuluPlus knowing it still has commercials, a big part of the reason why people cable cut is to get away from commercials.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $35 Million
6. Re: Star Citizen Passes $35 Million Dec 23, 2013, 11:23 Verno

I know a few guys on another forum who have dropped over a grand in ships, it's believable. Keep in mind the money came from a variety of sources too.  

News Comments > On Sale
40. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2013, 09:29 Verno

Cutter wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 14:10:
PHJF wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 14:02:
Did you seriously just thumbs down Enemy Unknown?

I did from day one. No editor/map randomizer = zero replay value for that game. Anyone paying more than $5 for it paid too much - including me. And that says nothing of the other shortcomings of that game. I still feel ripped off.

That game has a ton of replay value even without a map randomizer.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Dec 23, 2013, 09:20 Verno

Game Giveaway of the Day - Lost Headů

Also known as marriage.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
7. Re: Sunday Consolidation Dec 23, 2013, 09:19 Verno

I think Nintendo needs a new console more than it needs to sell games on other platforms. Mario as a multiplatform game would probably suck as they would make all sorts of design concessions and Nintendo lacks the resources to do those sorts of releases, they have been releasing on 1-2 platforms they know intimately well forever.

The Wii U isn't untenable anyway, they just need to drop that tabletpad because its preventing them from dropping the price which is what's really holding them back. At $150-200 a Wii U is a no brainer for families.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
5. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 23, 2013, 08:40 Verno

Pigeon wrote on Dec 22, 2013, 17:50:
That's one fancy looking bathroom trashcan

Haha yeah, I can appreciate the work that went into it but it does resemble a little trashcan.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
51. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 23, 2013, 08:36 Verno

I've only tried DayZ but I found the controls way more annoying than any griefers.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
11. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 21, 2013, 20:22 Verno

Your internet tough talk doesn't impress anyone. I hadn't even posted or expressed an opinion in this thread and you're going off about nothing, using my name for some reason. If you want to go off on a tangent about some personal crap then leave me out of it. Get back on your meds weirdo.

Sheesh what a bunch of random nonsense.

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2013, 20:33.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
6. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 21, 2013, 18:07 Verno

Cutter wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 13:57:
Foolish protesters. According to people like Verno they deserve to be homeless and live in abject poverty and misery. Yay for social Darwinism! To hell with everyone and everything else!

Uhh lol keep me out of your insane rants you fuckin kook. I haven't even posted in this thread or even read the news stories and you're sperging out, probably because there is a headline about a corporation somewhere. All I've ever posted on the subject is that you spam about it way too much.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March
53. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 21, 2013, 16:54 Verno

Redmask wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 11:52:
I've been playing Grim Dawn early access lately and feel like its the most promising ARPG yet, it hits all the right notes. It is far from completion unfortunately, at least a year or two off at this rate. Have you been playing it at all?

I haven't checked out Grim Dawn yet as I've sworn off those early access games but I hear mostly good things about it so that's encouraging at least.

Wow, yet another bad design decision by Acti-Blizz for D3. Why would you not go with a split-screen for this type of game? They have a blind captain at the helm of their ship...

Nah you're off base here. Split screen would really make no sense for the game type, you have too many moments of fast movement and the perspective is all wrong that small of a resolution. The implementation just needs a better warning before it ports people, it did happen to me a few times but like Krovven said you just talk to your partner or try to stay closer together. It's only a small issue when you're dealing with the affix packs and get split up.

And yeah, Krovven and I don't agree on much but we're on the same page here. Diablo 3 has many faults but it has very fun, well implemented combat with a great physics system, fantastic animations and awesome feedback. Other ARPGs could stand to take a page from it the same way Diablo 3 has to take a hard look at its subsystems and what other ARPGs are doing there.

49. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 21, 2013, 11:42 Verno

Yeah that's exactly what I meant obviously. My horse is in the barn but I'll go fetch him shortly  

47. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 21, 2013, 11:28 Verno

Hahah whatever, waste of time.

Getting back on topic hopefully without interruption this time, the console version has on screen co-op which is really nice for playing with family and friends. If its on sale its not a bad deal at all, they made some solid improvements to the UI and underlying loot system. There are a few specific types of skills that don't work well with a gamepad but everything else is pretty solid and it's really fun to sit on the couch with your significant other and play. It helps that Normal in Diablo 3 is a huge joke so there isn't a massive learning curve for the non-gamer types too. I'd still like to see them go back to the drawing board with character customization and the over emphasis on main stat in item distro.

I'd like to see the PC version be pulled out a bit more, I always felt like they never hit the right zoom level but I think that would require too much reworking from the artists. Jay Wilson really fucked up many aspects of this but I think many are fixable and I like the direction they've been going in.

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2013, 11:34.

45. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 21, 2013, 11:09 Verno

Axis wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 10:49:
PoE has nothing to learn from Diablo 3 short of screwing people over so they can make a ton more money. D3 is not a role model to any ARPG in any aspect except the 'throw money at it' one.

Nah you're just super defensive about POE related.

I like certain aspects of both games and have enjoyed both for different reasons. It's not a holy war or something.

43. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 21, 2013, 00:06 Verno

Nah I don't agree with you. Just like Diablo 3 can take some cues from it, POE can take some cues from other games and could stand some improvements. Both games do some things well and others poorly, Diablo 3's heritage and asking price certainly don't help with expectations.

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2013, 00:11.

41. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 20, 2013, 14:14 Verno

POE has a much deeper customization system than Diablo 3 and has actual options for people who want to make unique builds through tree/item/gem combos. Diablo 3 has a much better combat model than POE. Diablo 3 has a terrible story. POE effectively has no story worth mentioning.

My main dislike of Diablo 3 is the MMO-style stat system emphasis and inability to make unique, interesting builds. My main dislike of POE is that the systems are deep and great but the combat bores me to tears and I can't play hardcore due to the desyncs.

So it's really a pick your poison thing IMO. I do think that Diablo's problems are fixable though whereas I don't see POE getting better animations and so on any time soon.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 20, 2013, 13:46 Verno

Yeah I agree, it's almost spam at this point. Not like you're going to put a dent in Apple ownership with some derpy "Apple hates 'murica!" schtick anyway.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 20, 2013, 13:17 Verno

NBA2k14 is way too far on the sim side of things for my taste. Trying to play it feels like taking on a second career. It's gorgeous and a great game in its own right but it is just not for me.  

14992 Comments. 750 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo