Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 16001 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
25. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 18, 2014, 09:48 Verno

Enahs wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 09:39:
That 25 millions dollars he got as a bonus, could be used to pay each of those employees $833. It is irrelevant to the discussion.

I disagree but I suspect we're just going to delve off into everyones personal definition of capitalism. I do not take a bonus while people in my department are losing their jobs en masse regardless of how well our division is doing relative to the rest of the company.

Saying it is because Windows 8 or XBoxOne is doing bad, is just ignorant. They are not doing great, but they are not actually doing horrible either.

Literally one user said that, no one else.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 18, 2014, 09:37 Verno

NKD wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 09:33:
Yeah, its a big deal. Just like the acquisition was a big deal to begin with. But it doesn't spell out doom or gloom.

Who said anything about doom and gloom? Can't it just fucking suck for people losing their job, especially those who are essentially getting sacked while management gets rewarded?

21. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 18, 2014, 08:59 Verno

Lots of people trying to downplay this, 6000 Microsoft workers and 12000 Nokia employees being sacked is a big deal. Meanwhile the Nokia guy gets a 25mil bonus and Microsoft continues to post strong financials. Yep nothing wrong with this!

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online on Steam
26. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online on Steam Jul 17, 2014, 22:03 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 19:58:
6-12 months, and right most of the time. Christ, I remember how many people jumped down my throat when I called it on SWTOR.

I'm pretty sure everyone was saying that about TOR, its development was a train wreck. They spent something like 250mil on it, insane. These days you can pretty much say it about any MMO, its just the way the business model has gone. Unless your name is Blizzard or you carve out a niche then subs have to be optional before too long otherwise you lose your base to the next game.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities
36. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 17, 2014, 21:50 Verno

Axis wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 21:36:
Oh give me a fucking break man, it was an accurate observation and not an insult like 99% of the bullshit here. I stated his purpose is to troll people he has on ignore while he talks about games instead of playing them as a response - that's it, absolutely true and no calling him names, telling others to ignore him, nothing. Yet he pops into threads constantly where people he has on ignore are quoted and insults them with said bullshit.

The problem with that reasoning is he didn't do that here. He didn't do anything to you or anyone else, he just posted something about the game. You made the decision to troll him on purpose for no reason which violates the first of only 4 forum rules that are literally provided in plain text before every post you make. It was your fault so suck it up and move on. I have had posts moderated too when I stepped out of line and there's nothing else to it except c'est la vie. Plus let's be honest here, you get away with it more often than not so I wouldn't be so quick to criticize site management. There are very few forums that are so lax in policy as this one, it took even RollinThundr years of shitposting to get banned.

Frankly it is pretty easy to take apart nins arguments so its not like theres even a need to wage some weird personal vendetta against him, he provides plenty of on-topic ammo all of the time to make him look bad.

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2014, 21:58.

34. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 17, 2014, 20:50 Verno

Axis wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 18:35:
Some people are natural Brown Newsers...

Hey whatever I didn't make you post that crap about nin for no reason, take some responsibility for your actions. When you post nonsense like what I quoted and that earlier silliness you can't really complain about being moderated. The above is something I would expect from my 5 year old, you're a better poster than that.

Divinity is a pretty fun game that deserves better discussion than this and I'm sure no one clicking on this wants to read about forum vendettas.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 17, 2014, 16:23 Verno

Can't say I'll miss it, I can get TV via streaming anywhere these days.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2014, 14:48 Verno

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 13:05:
Who wants a PS4 Destiny beta code? I have 2 to give away.

OK, WTF? Bungie has the firehose turned on! 13.2Gb in 47 seconds! Wow. Nevermind, it was 3Gb in 47 seconds. Still fast, but now I am DLing 10Gb.

If you get in, you'll have to keep trying to connect to PSN and then Bungie.

PSN is unfortunately shitting the bed at the moment, Sony needs to stop partnering with Rackspace this shit is getting ridiculous with every big game launch taking down the auth and other servers.

31. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 17, 2014, 14:20 Verno

When people post no content but flamebait and it gets reported then it tends to get removed. It's one thing to post something topical and have a heated disagreement. It's another to just say that X poster sucks and try to derail a thread. There's no double standard, Blue doesn't read everything in detail and can only react to what is reported. If you feel nin is doing something wrong then report it, he has moderated posts in his history as do I and many others here. Sometimes people get away with it because it doesn't get reported and other times it does. Also if someone quotes something that was moderated then their comment might get moderated too.

nin put me on ignore long ago because I disagreed with a statement he made but I don't follow him around in threads and act butthurt about it unless he directly addresses something I said. Even then I try to make sure my response isn't just a flame but has some topical merit. Besides the important fact that people seem to be missing is that nin did nothing in this thread so the lashing out was totally unwarranted and just serves as a useless derail. I am referring to the initial Axis post, I have the other poster on ignore and didn't see what was said there.

I can't believe people would complain about the moderation here, its some of the most lax I've seen on the internet. I can think of several posters in this thread who would be permanently banned from most other communities for their everyday behavior on this board. If anything people have it easy here. The rules are pretty simple and direct, they are also present every time you hit the post button. If you have a problem with something then Blue is really easy to reach too.

In a thread about a huge RPG with a lot of potential discussion there was really no need for any of this crap which is the real shame. People were actually trying to discuss the game when silly slapfights from previous threads get started.

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2014, 14:36.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 17, 2014, 12:06 Verno

Dundar parachute account?  

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Jul 17, 2014, 09:57 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 21:48:
Why would they fire him? The very things we hate about the guy's decisions have made the company money: No EA products are moddable, DLC is built in from the start, DLC is designed to extract maximum cash for minimum effort (looking at you map packs), etc. etc.

He's at Activision but yeah I agree, I don't like the guy but they're making money so its hard to argue with that. I think he could be making as much money with better business practices but oh well.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 17, 2014, 09:56 Verno

From what sales figures to what though? Weren't their May sales awful?  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 17, 2014, 09:50 Verno

What a mess. That sort of situation is why I don't participate in crowdfunding efforts anymore.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2014, 13:08 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 12:13:
Wonder what the cost will be on that new Tesla, still 50k at least I'd imagine.

Supposedly they're shooting for $35,000.00 USD which is almost reaching the realm of reasonable. I have no idea how Tesla holds its value or how much the maintenance is but cars in general are pretty terrible assets so I am loathe to spend more than 30k for anything brand new. The savings on fuel sounds very worthwhile but I'm weary of the electricity rates being jacked up as a result of any widespread adoption.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Neil Gaiman's Wayward Manor
3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Neil Gaiman's Wayward Manor Jul 16, 2014, 11:46 Verno

Gaimans kind of in a rut creatively but I am always interested in checking out his stuff. That said the reviews for this are not at all kind so I think I will stick to other games.  

25. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 16, 2014, 11:44 Verno

PHJF wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 08:37:
Except for the boss fight, the whole first area was pretty easy for me. Jahar has ice elemental now, and one of my PCs can call either spider or fire elemental. It seems enemies prefer targeting whatever is closest (which is usually my summons) rather than actually doing something intelligent like, say, filling my poor mage's face with arrows.

Yeah the AI is fairly predictable, I usually just LOS their archers/casters with a spider or elemental then teleport them next to Madora who murders them.

The difficulty is more if you wander off their intended progression path due to the level differences. Also the game is pretty unforgiving about mistakes with stat distro in the early parts. One point of speed can be a big deal.

News Comments > Sims 2 Support Ending
5. Re: Sims 2 Support Ending Jul 16, 2014, 10:57 Verno

Yeah that's surprisingly generous for EA.  

News Comments > Firefall Early Access
9. Re: Firefall Early Access Jul 16, 2014, 09:53 Verno

SXO wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 08:37:
Wetworks24 wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 20:35:
Firefall is actually fun and has a lot of things going for it. Unfortunately, the content in beta was very limited. It was mostly farming thumper missions all day. Hopefully they've added enough content for the release to keep players happy for a while.
I can concur with this. I was in the first closed beta for the game, and the gameplay itself was incredibly fun, but pretty soon you would realize the only thing to do in PvE is thumper farming. I lost interest when I learned that their focus was actually PvP eSports, which is a far cry from the epic PvE scenario they showed off at PAX in 2010.

They've since backtracked (yet again) on that and are trying to pump out PVE content. I can't speak to the quality though since its been forever since I played.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2014, 09:28 Verno

Only growth market left there is women, not surprised Marvel went that route.

I'd love to get excited about consumer priced Tesla but the past few years I've noticed some oil corps have been investing heavily into other energy companies. I suspect I'll be paying the same to travel whether its electricity or gas since these guys have the buying power to ensure they are always the supplier.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
50. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 15, 2014, 22:19 Verno

Wetworks24 wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 22:09:
The strategy remains the same whether there are waves or not.

In the first game I used terrain to my advantage, I was able to actually prepare for combat and run enemies through traps and there were many other features. Sure you could blow the house down with mages if you wanted to but there was plenty of other ways to go about combat. In DA2 I can't do any meaningful preparation before a fight, use the (sporadic) terrain or any number of factors due to the wave based system. It is very limiting and makes the combat tedious as hell.

You can use whatever label you like for it but waves sucked. Maybe they would be better with stronger map and battle design, I don't know but in DA2 they sucked and made fights less strategic and more tedious. If they are a large feature of the third game I am not buying it.

16001 Comments. 801 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo