Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 16301 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

General Discussion > NFL Week Two
14. No subject Sep 16, 2014, 13:11 Verno

Fucking Colts!  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 16, 2014, 12:43 Verno

At this point I'd just like to see a SteamBox appear at all  

News Comments > Borderlands Replaces GameSpy With Steamworks
2. Re: Borderlands Replaces GameSpy With Steamworks Sep 16, 2014, 12:36 Verno

That's pretty cool of them to go back and patch this in.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 16, 2014, 12:06 Verno

Red wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 11:37:
Yes, but the kool-aid was served to the Apple fanboys by the Android users. They're the ones who convinced them that they had to have bigger screens.

I know few people who like growing screens on Android phones (any phones really), this is just an industry trend being driven by manufacturers who keep seeking reasons for people to upgrade annually.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Free DLC
8. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Free DLC Sep 16, 2014, 11:57 Verno

WaltC wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 11:42:
Pixel hunt? Hold down the Alt key...

There are a few puzzles you can't do that for and to be honest it gets tedious holding down alt everywhere.

11. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 16, 2014, 09:57 Verno

I go to Canada on business a lot and use Wind while I'm up there, it performs fine for the most part and is only $40/mo unlimited everything etc.

That Speakout stuff looks terrible.

News Comments > MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed
111. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 16, 2014, 09:47 Verno

NewMaxx wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 08:39:
You guys do realize Microsoft has the 2nd largest cloud infrastructure in the world, and the 1st in terms of growth, right? It's like people don't even keep up with industry realities or something. Don't underestimate Microsoft.

People also realize that Microsoft has a tendency to bungle many of its acquisitions, we have a long running historical precedent of it (especially in the gaming industry). I never underestimate Microsofts ability to do a poor job of fitting smaller companies into its larger structure

For me its not so much that I can't see Microsoft monetizing Minecraft into something profitable, its that I don't want them to because they will probably screw up the game in their quest to do so.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Free DLC
3. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Free DLC Sep 16, 2014, 09:46 Verno

I tried to do another playthru but it didn't hold up very well. Once you know whats effective its very hard to artificially challenge yourself and the games writing is subpar so you feel like you're just going through the motions. Some of the pixel hunt puzzles are just silly too.

I do love the combat system and hope that perhaps some modders come up with better campaigns for the game.

News Comments > Op Ed
129. Re: Op Ed Sep 15, 2014, 13:17 Verno

You start off with "who cares" in a topic where people obviously care. You try to dismiss her being exposed which is actually pretty important to the overall conversation. Then you go off about people using the term "SJW" and the etc about Social Justice - yes I do think there are bad ways to go about getting "social justice" by the way and this thread is a perfect example of several. Finally you top it off by accusing the site at large of stereotyping anyone with an opinion when you just did the same.

So yeah I can see why people would have a problem with that, especially in the larger context of this discussion in which you are participating even though you don't seem to think so.

News Comments > Op Ed
124. Re: Op Ed Sep 15, 2014, 13:08 Verno

descender wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 13:05:
Verno... How can you have 15k posts here and not know that there is a threaded view to these discussions?

It's not the default and you can't assume that other people will believe you're "starting a new thread" just because you selected a different way to display it. For practical purposes this is a single discussion so when you respond, people will likely assume you're responding to the overall discussion and not starting an entirely new one.

This is the response I get from my OP (which was directed at exactly no one in this thread), and I'm the one bullying here.

Your initial post sucked to be honest, go back and read it. It was very one sided and you made a bunch of vague assumptions/accusations.

News Comments > Op Ed
120. Re: Op Ed Sep 15, 2014, 12:55 Verno

descender wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 12:45:
I purposely started a new thread and did NOT respond to anyone else so that context was NOT an issue. A thread which he decided to respond to in an extremely hypocritical and ironic way.

This is a single discussion thread, no idea what you're talking about.

Am I the only one that sees how anyone that defends equality or feminism AROUND HERE (i'm not talking about this gamergate nonsense, I'm talking about the uncivil way people converse on THIS website) is blanket-dismissed as "just another SJW who obviously is lying about even caring about the topic at hand"?

I don't see much of that to be honest, I think maybe you're seeing what you want to see. I see people expressing a healthy skepticism about public figures who had dubious motives, lo and behold they were right. Blue usually clamps down discussions that go too far. The few odd instances of it happening are offset by the people who are clearly pushing their own personal agenda and insinuating that others are sexist for not agreeing with them.

You kinda bulled into this thread and start throwing around labels too so complaining about it after the fact falls on deaf ears to me.

News Comments > Op Ed
118. Re: Op Ed Sep 15, 2014, 12:35 Verno

descender wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 12:04:
I'm not trying to convince anyone. I'm trying to understand why you seem to care so much.

Bully much? Get over yourself.

I don't know, you seem to have waded in here and completely ignored all context, made a series of blanket statements then accused the community here of being resistant to change. Some introspection on your part is appropriate IMO.

28. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 15, 2014, 11:37 Verno

Dagnamit wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 11:31:

MS was really the only company that could buy Minecraft. If handled correctly (we'll see about that), MS could get a good return on this one.

Oh I can think of many others who could have bought Minecraft and would probably do better with it. Microsofts track record with purchases in the gaming industry isn't exactly stellar. I think it's more accurate to say that Microsoft was just the only company willing to overpay for it.

19. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 15, 2014, 11:08 Verno

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 10:53:
Yeah I can't figure it out either. I mean sure, minecraft is interesting but I grew up and out of legos when I was around 10. I couldn't ever understand the appeal of it. But congrats for making something and getting bought out for an insane amount of money.

Supposedly Microsoft is hoping to leverage this with Windows Phone as part of some larger strategy but the reality will likely be more comical for everyone but Notch.

11. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 15, 2014, 10:42 Verno

yuastnav wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 10:37:
Elf Shot The Food wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 10:33:
http://www.p4rgaming.com/mojang-prepares-to-make-kinect-sports-games/

When I read the article I had to check the date to make sure it's not April the 1st 'cause it damn sure reads like it is.

Haha well they do great satire "news", that article will likely be prophetic in some ways

6. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 15, 2014, 10:23 Verno

I try to be optimistic in general but I don't see how this is a positive in any way for Minecraft owners.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2014, 10:15 Verno

What about the other editions of Minecraft? Will they stop being developed?
There’s no reason for the development, sales, and support of the PC/Mac, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, Vita, iOS, and Android versions of Minecraft to stop. Of course, Microsoft can’t make decisions for other companies or predict the choices that they might make in the future.

We’re extremely proud of all editions and the awesome things you have achieved through playing together.

That is decidedly non-committal.

News Comments > MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow?
71. Re: MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow? Sep 15, 2014, 09:09 Verno

Jivaro wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 00:23:
If you are complaining or feeling betrayed about a company being sold to another company you are hopelessly idealistic and possibly delusional. When somebody says "I will give you 2 billion doll

I guess it depends on my passion level for that product. If I put a lot of hard work into it then I would probably sell for less money if it meant that it was going to be managed by better hands and that my employees/customers would be taken care of. I wouldn't want to see something I built ruined.

If it was just something I fucked around on that happened to succeed then whatever, sky is the limit and who cares who owns it.

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 15, 2014, 09:07 Verno

My thoughts exactly, Nielsen ratings are inherently imprecise and we have better metrics on newer devices already. I understand they're trying to keep themselves in the game but realistically they were done when Netflix entered the market.  

General Discussion > NFL Week Two
12. No subject Sep 15, 2014, 08:59 Verno

I did alright but the Saints are really frustrating this year  

16301 Comments. 816 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo