Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 15805 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 16, 2014, 11:57 Verno

There are ways around that I can't get into due to site rules but you can stream sports without cable.  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
22. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 16, 2014, 10:55 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 19:53:
If I only want a few channels a la carte why can't I have that? There's zero technical reason for it.

There's never a technical reason for it, that's a straw man. It's always been a business problem. The revenue structure of the content companies doesn't allow you to pick and choose, it will require a radical transformation of that industry.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Patch Plans & Homebrew Visual Upgrade
2. Re: Watch Dogs Patch Plans & Homebrew Visual Upgrade Jun 16, 2014, 09:52 Verno

I like many aspects of the gameplay but I agree the story is beyond terrible, Aiden is the worlds most unlikable protagonist whose characterization changes drastically from cutscene to cutscene. Also there is something comical about a middle aged guy trying to wear an outfit that looks like it belongs on a 20 year old. It's a good first entry but Ubisoft really needs to hire competent writers.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 16, 2014, 09:49 Verno

It's a shame more games don't use the touchpad, after playing with it on the PC I was surprised at how responsive and easy to use it is. My only exposure to it was the crappy implementation in AC4 which Ubisoft really botched. Oh well at the minimum its a bunch of usable buttons I guess.  

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Jun 16, 2014, 09:37 Verno

Worse than EA, hahah only the Minecraft community.  

News Comments > BF Early Access Possible
23. Re: BF Early Access Possible Jun 13, 2014, 15:36 Verno

Hah that makes too much sense Elf. What they will do instead - BF Hardline $60 + $60 premium. EA would probably do a Kickstarter on it too if they thought they could get away with it.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2014, 14:40 Verno

Creston wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 12:49:
And at least this is more in Abrams' wheelhouse, so I think they have decent odds of being pretty good.

And on the other hand, the new Star Trek movies...

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 13, 2014, 13:59 Verno

So yeah I played Destiny yesterday and...its actually good. Like a good mix of Halo, Borderlands and Diablo. Shit there are even some Star Wars vibes in there. The world was very well done, the music was excellent, the loot system has promise and the gunplay was even tolerable. I hate console FPS games and I still had a great time (god bless them for including vehicles and jumping). I went in expecting to hate the game but Bungie has a hit on their hands. I am going to buy this game, it was the most fun I've had on my console since GTA V. Some of it needs rebalancing (spewing ammo at a boss for 4 minutes isnt my idea of fun) but all of the pieces are there and I'm shocked they aren't trying to charge a monthly fee.

The game also has a weird little cursor that you control with the analog stick, makes me wonder if a PC port is coming down the road.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 6
10. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 6 Jun 13, 2014, 13:03 Verno

NegaDeath wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 12:44:
Personally I think Microsoft has made a fantastic contribution to PC gaming this year. By killing GFWL.

I'm sure we'll get some shitty Xbox Gaming app soon to replace it.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 6
7. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 6 Jun 13, 2014, 12:37 Verno

"Xbone is sucking" is the reason.  

News Comments > BF Early Access Possible
13. Re: BF Early Access Possible Jun 13, 2014, 12:37 Verno

So its the status quo then?  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Female Lead Follow-up
14. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Female Lead Follow-up Jun 12, 2014, 11:37 Verno

gilly775 wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 11:00:
So why aren't people bitching at the countless thousands of other games that don't have a playable female character?

They usually do but lets say they start, will that make you feel better?

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Details
17. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Details Jun 12, 2014, 11:31 Verno

Creston wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 11:29:
The chat was fine, are you sure the rest of us weren't just drunk?

I didn't like the codec they used on the PS3, the PS4 voice chat is vastly improved.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Details
4. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Details Jun 12, 2014, 10:08 Verno

The load times on last gen consoles soured the MP for me and the chat quality on the PS3 was garbage. Can't wait to try the PC version.  

News Comments > Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity
68. Re: Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity Jun 12, 2014, 09:48 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 20:14:
Yes, but Lara got famous initially because she had ginormous meat pillows. And if characters like Bayonetta aren't about sex why aren't they 40 year old fat, ugly bull dykes?

How many of the males out there played femshep just to see how many lezbo relationships they could get into? Probably most of them.

Sure Cutter ape, sounds good. Ooga Booga. Go stand over there and eat some bananas while the adults talk.

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 12, 2014, 09:26 Verno

I thought Destiny looked really generic but after reading several positive gameplay impressions from people in the press who have similar taste to mine I have to admit I'm looking forward to checking it out.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Beta Nears
16. Re: Pillars of Eternity Beta Nears Jun 12, 2014, 09:25 Verno

Awesome, one of the few things I kickstarted, hopefully this starts coming together now.  

News Comments > Linux Sid Meierís Civilization V
11. Re: Linux Sid Meierís Civilization V Jun 11, 2014, 16:13 Verno

Its funny how every thread even mentioning Linux has to turn into a thing about how its inferior to Windows.

I'm not a huge fan of Windows in general these days and I use it for very little purpose outside of gaming at home. Microsoft has not been what I would call a good parent to Windows gaming either. Linux serves me just as well so long as I can get the games I want on it and I have plenty of past experience with it. As a PC gamer I'm used to tinkering anyway

I have to admit that I used to be pretty dubious about linux gaming but the strides Valve has made in a very short period of time are really impressive.

46. Re: Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity Jun 11, 2014, 15:50 Verno

That would just seem to buttress Therien's position here, if that's still in sight. Mass Effect is one series where character customization is pretty central, especially compared to Assassin's Creed. If people don't even give much of a shit about that sort of customization in that game, then it starts to make a whole lot more sense that the team here would say 'You know, our resources are better spent elsewhere.'

I get what you're saying but I also think that those norms won't change unless people are given the opportunity. The industry needs to continue growing for the short term and I don't think it will achieve that without tapping more into female demos. It is really hard to do when most of the gameplay, characters and story is geared toward men alone. My girlfriend wouldn't touch most of the games in my library but was immediately drawn to Diablo 3 just because she could make her own character for example. She also really enjoyed The Last of Us because she liked the more mature storyline.

Maybe that doesn't matter in Assassin's Creed: Unity where the demo is largely male anyways but without giving people the option I think its a self fulfilling prophecy.

40. Re: Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity Jun 11, 2014, 15:26 Verno

Victor Grunn wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 15:13:
They are not committing some sin by lacking that desire.

I don't see where anyone said there was something wrong with the default. Likewise there's nothing wrong with wanting something different. Some people are really insecure and don't get that though.

If we're talking about male versus female Shep, last I saw stats on this most people far and away preferred male Shep. And that's quite fine.

I don't know about that conclusion, most people literally just selected the default everything. Gender, hair, eye color, etc. The character customization is pretty detailed and many people don't have the patience. There are more male gamers than female so I would expect the stats to trend that way regardless.

15805 Comments. 791 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo