Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 17505 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Oculus Rift in Q1 2016
2. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 09:10 Verno

This is one of the few techs where I'm very interested in being an early adopter, I've played around with a friends Oculus and its quite promising. I just hope it will reach critical mass enough to get more native experiences, most of the stuff I've enjoyed has been designed with it in mind rather than just being a port of an existing game intended for TVs/etc.  
Playing: Dark Souls 2: Scholars of the First Sin
Watching: Mr. Robot
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New NFS This Fall; No Mirror's Edge & Titanfall Sequels Before 2016
18. Re: New NFS This Fall; No Mirror's Edge & Titanfall Sequels Before 2016 May 6, 2015, 08:43 Verno

Cutter wrote on May 5, 2015, 19:31:
And nary a shite was given thrice times!

Bzzt wrong. Mirror's Edge has a large cult following especially on this forum.

News Comments > EverQuest Emulator Legal
2. Re: EverQuest Emulator Legal May 5, 2015, 10:57 Verno

Everquest is still running so they're lucky they got it at all.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2015, 13:53 Verno

Cutter wrote on May 4, 2015, 12:51:
Trainer Applies Fresh $100 Bill To Floyd Mayweather’s Bleeding Eyelid

And those sort of clownish antics are precisely why boxing is a shadow of its former glory. Someone should sic the Treasury Department on them for a larf. From their website....

Read the URL. Or just look at the page.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
10. Re: Sunday Mobilization May 4, 2015, 12:39 Verno

Cutter wrote on May 4, 2015, 09:57:
Other way round. Real men just need/want phones for their practicality. But you ladies keep tellign yourselves that as you use your phablets as compact mirrors to put your makeup on.

Pretty sure ladies cosmetics is your area

Lighten up Cutter, it was a joke, no need to be so insecure. They're always going to make small form factor phones for various reasons. I like my Nexus and don't really want it any bigger because I like to use the phone one handed IF YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

This comment was edited on May 4, 2015, 12:45.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
6. Re: Sunday Metaverse May 4, 2015, 09:27 Verno

I don't use Hulu because of the ads. I use Netflix & Kodi which covers the spectrum and OTA/bars for sports.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
7. Re: Sunday Mobilization May 4, 2015, 08:55 Verno

Cutter wrote on May 3, 2015, 17:10:
I've always liked TAG's watches but never understood why they're so pricey beyond the name.

And if Phablets are the future then I'm out.

They will always make small phones for women, don't worry

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patch
29. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patch May 1, 2015, 15:25 Verno

ForgedReality wrote on May 1, 2015, 10:44:
Verno wrote on May 1, 2015, 08:30:
This seems to have fixed all of my crash issues, pretty happy with it so far. Almost wrapped up with Bloodborne then I'm going to dive into GTA Online a lot more.

Didn't fix my resolution-changing-on-alt-tab issue.

Weird I don't get that, are you using 2 screens?

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2015, 15:10 Verno

Thanks Verno. That sucks...

Yeah it was a big step back from the PS3 in that regard. You can't even use one of the bluetooth Harmonys with it because Sony hasn't published any function codes yet. As soon as they launch their remote in the fall it will be quickly backported by other companies but until then you're SOL. Using the controller isn't that bad thankfully, just not very wife friendly. I do all of our video shit through the FireTV (XBMC, Netflix, Hulu, Plex, etc) since it works with the Harmony remote and has a very friendly interface for everyone. My PS4 just plays games.

Apparently Sony locked all the BT channels down for dualshocks or something and so I'm stuck using the stupid wired-to-the-gamepad dongle ps4 ships with.

They limited the BT stack to 4 devices and then limited it further to the controllers, not sure why. They have been doing some lame shit with the peripheral makers and requiring security chips. I think its just a smoke screen to push their own shit.

This comment was edited on May 1, 2015, 15:17.

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2015, 14:32 Verno

It doesn't work and there is no decent media remote yet, its coming this fall. You might see a few third party things on Amazon or Ebay but avoid them like the plague, they are barely functional.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2015, 13:31 Verno

Working fine here.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization May 1, 2015, 10:56 Verno

I'm hopeful for the QNX variant. The Microsoft Sync shit is fucking awful which is a surprise to no one.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patch
25. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patch May 1, 2015, 08:30 Verno

This seems to have fixed all of my crash issues, pretty happy with it so far. Almost wrapped up with Bloodborne then I'm going to dive into GTA Online a lot more.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 30, 2015, 16:48 Verno

Towerfall is alright but its on the PS4/etc now so its no feather in their cap.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 30, 2015, 16:28 Verno

Yeah its got crazy momentum, I don't know how Microsoft puts a dent in that without dropping the price even more. I've only really enjoyed a handful of games on the system, third party is carrying the day. Infamous, Driveclub and Bloodborne made my purchase worth it. That first year sucked though. Hoping for some JRPGs at some point.  

News Comments > Steam Game Bans
48. Re: Steam Game Bans Apr 30, 2015, 16:15 Verno

Yeah thats a good point I hadn't considered jacob, thanks for the perspective. Its pretty hard to hide anything from reddit these days.  

45. Re: Steam Game Bans Apr 30, 2015, 16:02 Verno

bhcompy wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 14:37:
Task wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 08:56:
I remember once upon a time being able to kick/ban people from a hosted dedicated server; was much easier. The cheater might move to another server, but they wouldn't be on mine.

rcon addip 0 x.x.x.x
writeip

I miss having this level of control over my servers Hell, I miss being able to host servers, sad that user hosted stuff is semi-rare. Dev anti-cheat stuff is never good enough compared to active admins IMO.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced
29. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced Apr 30, 2015, 15:40 Verno

Hmm ok cool, thanks for the input, it sounds like it can wait for a sale then.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Clue?
27. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Clue? Apr 30, 2015, 14:20 Verno

jomisab wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 14:01:
And yet look at AC:Unity, which still runs like garbage compared to something like GTA V. The best engine Ubi has is Dunia. We'll see how the Snowdrop engine turns out...hopefully it won't turn into Teardrop.

I thought it ran fairly well with the latest patches? Launch was a mess but its been fine for me since. GeForce 970/yadda yadda.

40. Re: Steam Game Bans Apr 30, 2015, 14:06 Verno

dizave wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 14:00:
Give me an actual example of a specific time YOU specifically were wronged because a developer was trying to prevent cheating. This kind of stuff never happens. If it does, they will correct it. You are arguing for the sake of arguing. Either way, I apologize if I offended you previously.

I wasn't even arguing, let alone arguing about nothing. I just said they need some sort of process in case of mistakes/abuse/etc. Just a token "contact the devs" is a bit of a vague hand wave. Of course this stuff happens, there are plenty of incidents of false bans for various reasons from both small developers and large companies. Sometimes its due to automated software, sometimes its human error and sometimes it just is what it is. Since you wanted a specific example that affected me, I was falsely banned from BF3 due to a problem with the anti-cheat software they used called Punkbuster. People at the time just assumed I was cheating (gamers love making this assumption) but it later came out that they were bans made in error. I had to actually get myself unbanned through an official process with EA support.

There's no need to apologize, I'm not offended by anything you said. I'm just amused by the people saying "CALM DOWN GUYS GEEZ" are often the most hysterical in the context.

17505 Comments. 876 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo