Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 16181 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > ArcheAge Open Beta
2. Re: ArcheAge Open Beta Sep 5, 2014, 12:12 Verno

I saw Trevellian in it a few times on Steam, maybe he can weigh in if he sees this thread.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Chaos Rising Removes GFWL
3. Re: Chaos Rising Removes GFWL Sep 5, 2014, 12:11 Verno

I barely even notice getting a Steam achievement, still haven't added an option for a sound notification after all these years.  

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Sep 5, 2014, 11:18 Verno

Great write up. As the author says, I'm tired of editorial opinion pieces that have little to do with gaming itself and just attempt to force a social agenda on you. I was a huge fan of RPS but they pushed me into foregoing their site entirely.  

News Comments > BlizzCon 2014 Virtual Tickets
10. Re: BlizzCon 2014 Virtual Tickets Sep 5, 2014, 10:19 Verno

nin wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 09:45:
I blow about $50 a weekend on booze. Is that ok?

Your liver probably doesn't think so

News Comments > Sims 4 Pirate Copies Pixelated
33. Re: Sims 4 Pirate Copies Pixelated Sep 5, 2014, 09:44 Verno

Ironically the Titan Quest bug affected some legitimate copies of the game too, they had to patch it.  

News Comments > BlizzCon 2014 Virtual Tickets
7. Re: BlizzCon 2014 Virtual Tickets Sep 5, 2014, 09:34 Verno

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 08:41:
Haters gotta hate, I guess.

Seriously. I went to BlizzCon once and it was a great time, we met lots of other couples into games and the Blizzard staff were very accessible.

I wouldn't pay for streams when there will be tons of free ones elsewhere online but BlizzCon itself is awesome.

Also irony alert at someone posting about getting a life instead of watching BlizzCon...in a BlizzCon forum thread.

News Comments > Diablo III Mid-Season Nerf
20. Re: Diablo III Mid-Season Nerf Sep 5, 2014, 08:48 Verno

Jonjonz wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 07:27:
Nothing lowers my respect for game companies than when they patch glitches, but let those who benefited from it, keep their gains, especially when knowing that the company's logs can easily identify those who glitched.

This isn't even really a glitch though, people have been doing it for a long time and its like it just doesn't fit with their "vision" of ranking up.

News Comments > Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining
45. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Sep 5, 2014, 08:46 Verno

Krovven wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 23:39:
Also, there was (is there still?) plenty of hacking of fake and buffed items being passed around on the console versions, that isn't happening on the PC version. Not sure what has changed if anything.

I'm not aware of any on the PS4 or Xbone. They aren't compromised systems like the PS3 and Xbox 360. Consoles aren't on battle.net proper either like the PC version is.

And as I said before and even said shortly after RoS launched. I'd be ok with clan trading...as long as there is a limit put on it. ie: items cant be traded to someone not in the clan at the time it dropped. Also only allow an item to be traded just once. Same would be for friends list. Doing this however would be a bit of a database nightmare and may not be feasible depending on what their resource budgets are.

I don't think it would be any worse than the auction house was in terms of resources. People like to share, its a social experience and I think trading only has benefits. The game is relatively secure at this point and that would be the only downside I can foresee.

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed
30. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed Sep 4, 2014, 15:10 Verno

Played it for 30 minutes and thought it was boring as hell. Pretty but boring and shallow. You can see it went through major design shifts, it just screams a lack of project management. Between this and Knack I don't have fond launch title memories.  

News Comments > SEGA's Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Response
30. Re: SEGA's Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Response Sep 4, 2014, 15:06 Verno

Fantaz wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 14:15:
i'm pretty sure they never do this at the official Microsoft booths, if ever only from the independent developer booths at expos.

I'm pretty sure its happened several times before but I don't care enough to go hunt down links about it.

27. Re: SEGA's Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Response Sep 4, 2014, 14:04 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 13:25:
Now THAT is blatant misrepresentation. Someone could rightfully sue over that.

Agreed, its a common Microsoft tactic, they love to post the promo stuff with all of the bells and whistles running on an i7 with a crazy video card. It's especially amusing when the competition is able to demonstrate on native hardware.

News Comments > EA Taps Starbucks Vet as CMO
42. Re: EA's Taps Starbucks Vet as CMO Sep 4, 2014, 11:48 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 05:20:
I'd like to hear what good moves EA has made in the past five years. I'm not being sarcastic. I just can't think of any. My brain is so full of the shit they've pulled:

The only real positive move I can think of is Origin. It's not Steam but getting better and they are actually having more frequent and deeper sales than they used to, as well as free 72 hour trials and so on. Your list is certainly very valid and I would agree that despite their annual churn of Madden/Fifa that they have done more bad than good over the past 3-4 years.

Unfortunately the big pubs can't afford to put a lot of money into something like Dead Space and wait 2-3 iterations for it to pay off. Their whole business model is annual franchise churn.

News Comments > Sims 4 Pirate Copies Pixelated
14. Re: Sims 4 Pirate Copies Pixelated Sep 4, 2014, 11:29 Verno

Everything I've read about this game is that its basically Sims 3 with less features so I'm not sure I care too much about its anti-piracy protection.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 4, 2014, 09:49 Verno

It's really hard to go back to unmodded Minecraft but I have several friends who will play up the PS4 version so its very tempting.

Also Grim Fandango woohoo.

19. Re: SEGA's Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Response Sep 4, 2014, 09:12 Verno

DangerDog wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 22:24:
Developers and Publishers still are showing off games at trade shows that aren't fair representations of the game, look at how many console games are shown off using PC hardware.

Case in point most of the Xbone demos were running on PCs at recent tradeshows again.

News Comments > Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining
43. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Sep 4, 2014, 08:31 Verno

Krovven wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 20:11:
There are Grift rankings out of Season too. I don't want to see people getting the best gear handed to them because they run streams. If that's what people want, they may as well bring the AH back. Play the game, earn your gear. There was so much fucking whining about the AH and the game improved with the changes they made. Open trading would be a step backwards.

As I said in my previous response it doesn't have to be open trading necessarily. It isn't destroying the console versions of the game and there are several prominent streamers there thanks to the advent of the Share button on the PS4. The streamer already has significant advantages over you or I, he plays more, has followers who boost him and so on. There's no real way around that.

Maybe you care about what happens to streamers, that's certainly your right. Personally I care more about how my friends and I play and enjoy the game. Most of my friends are casual players who would appreciate getting the odd item or two.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month
15. Re: Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month Sep 3, 2014, 16:09 Verno

Whatever people want to call it, Watch Dogs sold way more than it deserved to frankly. I do have hope for the second iteration but Ubisoft has a tendency to go nuts with quantity over quality. AC2 was a good game but overstayed its welcome IMO and the subsequent games have gone too far with repetitive activities woven into the storyline.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2014, 14:59 Verno

1badmf wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 14:56:

and where do you get that he sounds like a whack? not in the article i read. all he did was write a scifi story about a school shooting that was published before he was hired as a teacher, and as a result got KGB'd up the ass. if you're really ok with that, well, you're not the right wing conspiracy theorist nutjob i took you for.

There were a few updates on the other page, something about him sending a weird letter to his employer and a few other things.

Not entirely sure what's going on though, no one has the story straight so really people should just wait until the dust settles a bit.

10. Re: Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month Sep 3, 2014, 14:46 Verno

Creston wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 14:33:
record-breaking open-world action game that has sold-in more than 8 million units

What record did it break, exactly? Because as of February, GTA5 had sold 32.5 million copies.

Also, wtf is sold-in?

Sold to consumers. Shipped means to stores but not necessarily sold, companies say sold in to differentiate it from that.

5. Re: Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month Sep 3, 2014, 14:19 Verno

This was ok but overall a pretty bland open world game, something that is starting to become the Ubisoft mantra. I would be surprised if the sequel does anywhere near as well unless they make some serious improvements. I think they got lucky to move anywhere near those figures, the console release calendar was lean and they spent a fortune marketing this.

16181 Comments. 810 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo