Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 16817 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: "No Finish Line"
74. Re: Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: Jan 5, 2015, 11:53 Verno

It's kind of daunting to even keep track of the various aspects of this game. I just want a great space sim, I don't care about the FPS/etc stuff haha. I guess I will hope that module gets completed first.  

Playing: Bloodborne, Pillars of Eternity, DOTA2
Watching: Vikings, Dig, The Jinx
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Far Cry Poll
4. Re: Far Cry Poll Jan 5, 2015, 11:08 Verno

I don't know Creston, Far Cry + dinosaurs sounds fine to me.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 5, 2015, 09:16 Verno

I didn't see the playoff pool thing in time Only missed pick so far is the Ravens.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Server "Strike" Plans
68. Re: Battlefield 4 Server Jan 5, 2015, 09:15 Verno

I've used the Join Now matchmaking thing in BF4 a few times, it does stupid things like dumping me into a server where I had a 130ms ping with 3 other players. You can keep your matchmaking shit, I'll keep my dedicated server browser thanks.

The server side tools for the game are quite lacking and frustrating though, I hope Dice listens to this.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
13. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 5, 2015, 09:01 Verno

That monitor has all of the features I'm looking for, if only it was offered by anyone but Acer.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 29, 2014, 11:19 Verno

The pools are always fun, its interesting how one good or bad week can really affect things. I feel bad for a few guys who were doing really well but forgot to pick one week. I didn't have enough time this year for 3 fantasy leagues, 1 pick em and 1 spread so next year I will just do the pools here. The paid fantasy leagues are kinda fun but I'm not much of a gambler so I always feel weird doing it, even if its just $20.

I learned the hard way this year to not second guess myself, most of my bad picks were ones where I took cues from commentators or friends and changed my pick. Go with your gut!

Fucking Jets by the way, I'm so bummed

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2014, 09:58 Verno

The shipping container fail reminds me of my favorite fail video - Bobcat Fail.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 23, 2014, 09:56 Verno

It's kind of weird that Activision is so cagey on actual sales numbers of Destiny. They will regurgitate almost any other factoid about it but if you want to know how many copies actually sold to consumers they clam up fast.  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline "Karma" Trailer
11. Re: Battlefield Hardline Dec 23, 2014, 09:15 Verno

NamecaF wrote on Dec 23, 2014, 01:34:
It's shame Battlefield is following the Call of Duty route of big set pieces, Michael Bay explosions, really bad/cliche writing, story, characters, dialogue, etc.

The BF4 campaign was some of the sorriest bullshit I've ever seen. Terribly edited, written and played like trash. Just awful, awful stuff.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2014, 09:11 Verno

PHJF wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 15:41:
Saw Birdman yesterday... it's the best movie I've seen in several years. Every aspect was just phenomenal.

When the perpetual grump endorses something, you take notice haha.

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2014, 09:09 Verno

Thief is fine, not bad, not great. Lots of bizarre design decisions though which really held it back from being something memorable. The storyline and characterization is pants on head too.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
15. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 22, 2014, 14:18 Verno

Shineyguy wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 13:29:
You know, it's as if these countries talk about invading the U.S. without considering the fact that a good portion of our Civilian population is armed. It's great that they think they can take on our Military 1 on 1, but they never consider the people that live here and know their land, but also own guns.

Hahaha well, I think I would rather rely on our armed forces. People around here have enough problems getting city council organized, let alone a defense against an aggressor. Anyone with the combined air/sea/land might and infrastructure to actually invade the US would not have any problem handling Surburban Bob with his Remington 870.

That's all fantasy land stuff anyway, North Korea can't even maintain its roads, they aren't invading ours. All of the posturing is in hopes of loosening economic sanctions.

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 22, 2014, 14:16 Verno

I feel like the choice was kinda made for him in some ways, major spoilers below if you haven't played TLOU:

I don't think he doomed humanity at all. This is 20 years after the fact, humanity already adapted to survive and was really its own worst enemy. Sacrificing a surrogate daughter for something that has no established chance of success would be pretty fucking dubious for me too. The Fireflies acted far too quickly and gave her no choice in the matter. The worst thing Joel does is denying Ellie that but its really no different than what the Fireflies themselves did. It's a great shades of grey moment for sure. The Fireflies might have created a cure or maybe they would just have killed her for nothing, no guarantees there. The country had already long since gone to shit and adapted to survive, nothing was really at risk.

Anyways I agree Creston, at best I would want to see more of the actual societal breakdown but its really hard to do that without a massive development budget.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 22, 2014, 12:11 Verno

I'm with Creston, it was a great one off thing and I don't need to see anything else in that universe.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 22, 2014, 10:51 Verno

Now we can all enjoy this mediocre comedy!  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
25. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 22, 2014, 09:11 Verno

I must've missed a beat somewhere, how did Obama even enter into equation here haha?  

News Comments > World Wide Funder Refutes STALKER Apocalypse Collusion
6. Re: World Wide Funder Refutes STALKER Apocalypse Collusion Dec 19, 2014, 11:47 Verno

Cutter wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 11:01:
Please stop giving both these crooks press.

It's actually better that the information gets out there to prevent people from stumbling onto it and somehow thinking its legit.

News Comments > Notch Buys $70M Beverly Hills Mansion
32. Re: Notch Buys $70M Beverly Hills Mansion Dec 19, 2014, 11:29 Verno

mag wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 05:19:
The difference between the comments here and at Kotaku is hilarious.

Here: "That's a bunch of money! Hope he's keeping track, but that's awesome. Good job, Notch!"

Kotaku: "WHAT A MONSTER WHO COULD POSSIBLY NEED SUCH A HOUSE THAT BIG HE SHOULD HAVE GIVEN THE MONEY TO ORPHANS."

Hahah, I always love that kind of mentality. Yep we should just all give away our earnings and good fortune to other people. How about this Kotaku commenters? You first. Donate your videogames, your pay checks, your time and etc. Lead by example.

How about Notch donates a million and still does more than all of those Kotaku commenters combined. Or better yet maybe he'll just start up his own charity where you don't worry about the majority of the money going to "operating costs".

News Comments > Larian's "Leaked" RPG Plans
5. Re: Larian's Dec 19, 2014, 10:26 Verno

I hope they get some new writers, they have the engine and tools to do something fantastic but the writing in D:OS was mediocre at best.  

News Comments > World Wide Funder Refutes STALKER Apocalypse Collusion
3. Re: World Wide Funder Refutes STALKER Apocalypse Collusion Dec 19, 2014, 10:17 Verno

We hope their project is successful, despite the controversy that they've stirred, and we think that people should lighten up on them a little. They look like a passionate team of people who want to make a spectacular game.

Hahahah yep ok sounds legit.

16817 Comments. 841 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo