Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 15865 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
10. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 3, 2014, 12:23 Verno

descender wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 12:21:
Maybe it's gotten better? I was in a closed beta a loooong time ago and was completely thrown for a loop when I was being told I didn't know how to play a game that only like 100 people could have been playing at the time. I did really enjoy the perspective change, maybe i'll check it out again.

Yeah I guess once it expanded out from the diehards. I played with 3 friends who are awesome people but terrible gamers and they loved it. I found the sportsmanship for lack of a better word to be very good.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2014, 12:12 Verno

I think for the younger generations who haven't seen the birth and death of major technologies before that comment is definitely true. You take away the smartphone from my nieces and they are downright depressed, they just sit there listlessly as if they don't know how to socialize outside of it. It's kind of scary how dependent people are on them.

I love my smartphone for the little tools and convenience it provides but I go without it all the time and never feel like I'm missing out. It pisses off my girlfriend who accuses me of ignoring texts but hey whatever, that shit isn't life or death. People are way too high strung with phones, theres no immediacy, if its not an emergency it can wait until its convenient for you. I swear most people treat text messages like email with read receipts, another thing I dislike.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 3, 2014, 12:10 Verno

descender wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 11:17:
That many people really play Smite?!

I thought it was a great change of pace for the MOBA genre, but it had the same toxic community problems the others suffer from (in a BETA, who is a powergaming dickhead in a BETA?!).

I don't know, Smite is the one MOBA where I never had a negative experience at all. Its pretty beginner friendly so it seems to attract a lot of community minded people. I didn't get that into it because played one, played them all I find but my overall experience was positive.

News Comments > Transformers Universe Beta Opens Tomorrow
4. Re: Transformers Universe Beta Opens Tomorrow Jul 3, 2014, 12:05 Verno

Hmm well looking at the gameplay trailer it looks like a mix between a MOBA/Arena game and an MMO, there seems to be some persistent elements. Maybe someone in the CB can comment.  

News Comments > ShootMania Roadmap
29. Re: ShootMania Roadmap Jul 3, 2014, 11:52 Verno

Axis wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 11:30:
Yes descender, thanks for confirming my points.

Beamer, Verno, descender and redmask... where the hell is nin that vasoline needs cracked open!!

There's no conspiracy against you or something dude, that's just getting into uh.. weird territory to be frank. I've shrugged off all of your lashing out and just focused on the same thing from the beginning. I'm not sure where the victim complex is coming from because I don't think I was particularly confrontational or anything. People ask me all the time why I posted something. You took something pretty innocent and got all worked up over nothing. We've had disagreements in previous threads but you're also forgetting the times we've agreed. Plus to be fair when you post an opinion publicly you have to be prepared to support it or people are likely to dismiss it.

Developers ignoring feedback is something that peeves me so I was interested in reading what you said to the devs, why you said it and how they responded. I certainly wasn't looking for this unpleasantness. Anyways whatever, let's all just move on shall we? No need for this pile on and other nonsense.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2014, 11:10 Verno

Blue wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 10:56:
Neither of our dogs ever begged, because they never got enough reinforcement to suggest it would do anything. Hudson the wonder dog did show some signature terrier independence by stealing food left within her reach on the coffee table if left alone, but I could leave the Gunnar-man alone with a steak on that table and he wouldn't touch it because he knows it's not for him. In fairness, it's a lot easier to achieve this state with an Airedale and a poodle... I understand how tough it can be for owners of food-oriented dogs like labs and beagles, but still, no one is forcing you to feed them.

And owners who don't walk their dogs shouldn't have them.

Yeah I should rephrase that, my dogs have been mainly black labs. We did have a yorkie poo who never begged at all, very well behaved with food that wasn't hers.

I've offered to my cousin to take her dog but of course bad pet owners are always the ones who get their backs up when you suggest they shouldn't have it. She just throws it in the backyard to shit once in awhile and then drops it off at doggie day care (seriously) on the way to work. I can't call the local humane society or report it to the SPCA though because technically its not the legal definition of abuse which infuriates me as a dog lover.

24. Re: ShootMania Roadmap Jul 3, 2014, 10:59 Verno

Axis wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 10:42:
Hey Verno, can't admit that 2 of my points were independently agreed upon right here in the thread?

My "spelling out" didn't point you into the right direction?

Then that leaves three for you to do your own homework on since you find my posts to be worthy of research. So get to it and report back to us your findings.

Well no, I don't find your posts in this thread worthy of research, that was kind of the point here. You were vague and provided little detail or context and are still not doing so. Rather than just offer a simple explanation or something like "this is why X sucks and this is what we told the devs, here was their response", you went all adversarial and started lashing out with personal attacks. I have no idea what imagined rivalry exists in your noggin but I really don't care about past arguments or etc and just wanted to hear more about the claim that the developers ignored feedback, its a hot button topic for me.

So yeah I won't be digging around forums at random hoping to find the relevant post, I will instead just conclude you don't have a credible opinion on this game and move on with my life.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2014, 10:47 Verno

Yeah it's mirroring the issues we see in kids today - lack of exercise and too much crappy food. I guess I shouldn't be surprised when you look at the people who are responsible for them. I think a lot of people buy dogs thinking that it will force them to get outdoors and exercise more. After awhile they discover that they still don't like physical activity and then end up just shoving it in the backyard once in awhile. I have family who does that and clearly just aren't up to the responsibility of pet ownership yet refuse to give or sell the dog to someone who wants it.

My dogs have always been well trained but all dogs beg to some extent, people just have to learn how to say no which shouldn't be hard. I don't know if they feel guilty or are just too stupid to realize what they're doing but paying some company thousands to fix such a simple problem is simultaneously depressing and hilarious.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin
49. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin Jul 3, 2014, 10:13 Verno

InBlack wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 03:42:
Also is there any way to heal other than potions? I havent figured out a way to wait, or sleep in this game...

There are a couple of beds scattered around but really your best option is a healing spell because crafting sucks and you will need the consumables for tough fights.

I really enjoy the game but it could have used another 6 months of tweaking (though I guess what game couldnt?), there are a lot of interface weirdness and design oddities.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2014, 10:01 Verno

Its pretty dumb. I think that people who treats their pets that way don't really love them and are basically just throwing money at it to avoid taking any responsibility.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2014, 09:42 Verno

I'm not even slightly surprised that people are overfeeding their pets given how many dumb parents overfeed their kids and refuse to admit that they are fat. Reading that article is a wake up call for how many irresponsible pet owners there are and how over the top the pet care industry has become - pet hotels, pet spas, doggy facials etc. I mean holy shit just read this:

Besides the ‘‘pawlates,’’ the camp was filled with swimming, nature hikes, treadmill trots, facials, massages and healthy treats like organic granola, string beans and carrots.

Hahah. Train your dog, exercise it regularly, take it to the vet and don't feed it horrible bullshit. It really isn't that hard to give a pet a decent life.

News Comments > Transformers Universe Beta Opens Tomorrow
1. Re: Transformers Universe Beta Opens Tomorrow Jul 3, 2014, 09:31 Verno

Mo moba, mo problems.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: RE: Follow up Jul 3, 2014, 09:25 Verno

Axis wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 14:08:
UConnBBall wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 11:04:
Sad. It seemed like everyone was dying for this to come out on KickStarter and BAM nothing. Except TowerFall

Ouya's software implementation was terrible and they never got it right - the hardware is/was good for most games minus their touchpad on the controller (which was terrible). Many of us were expecting eventually a google-play partnership with their hardware interfacing it well. I put plenty of APK's on it that worked perfectly, they were just silly and now they're desperate.

Their front end didn't do them any favors but their controller was kind of a clunky piece of shit and they had basically no exclusive software lined up despite vague promises beforehand. Their marketing was retarded too, Julie was outright deceptive at times and they really seemed to have no plans for the obvious setbacks that even casual forumgoers predicted. The hardware is kind of balls for anything other than old emulation or playing little mobile games too. I think the most use people got out of it was a slightly gimped XBMC box that did some emulation.

The whole thing was a very predictable trainwreck, there were indications long before release even during the Kickstarter. If you want people to buy a console then you need some form of first party software that they can't get anywhere else, that's what sells consoles. Price is important but being cheap isn't enough as they learned the hard way.

News Comments > CliffyB: Don't Call My Comeback a Comeback
45. Re: CliffyB: Don't Call My Comeback a Comeback Jul 3, 2014, 09:17 Verno

I'm not sure what he expects to do on his own so I'll wait until there's more info.  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Change Plans
23. Re: Battlefield Hardline Change Plans Jul 3, 2014, 09:12 Verno

InBlack wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 09:10:
Verno wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 08:56:
I remember Dice saying that Battlefield wouldn't be a yearly franchise because it would hurt the quality. Times have changed

As long as the main political players today remain large corporations, companies will never be held liable for the fabrications and propaganda designed to appease their customers.

This is a relatively harmless example. There are far worse ones out there, obviously not in the gaming industry.

Errr ok, I think you misclicked dude, this is the BF thread

20. Re: Battlefield Hardline Change Plans Jul 3, 2014, 09:08 Verno

Maybe they mean the mainline series but even that is stretching it at 2 years given all of the rampant Q/A problems with each release.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
11. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 3, 2014, 09:00 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 20:39:
Julio wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 20:27:
Creston wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 20:19:
Oh Poppy, Lindsay, it's not you. We've never seen photos of you being railed in the ass while bent over a lawn table. There is simply no similarity here.

Maybe the court case will require those photos to be made public...

iish. She is disgusting. She sounds like a 60 year old woman, but then again when you chain smoke like she does and the amount of drugs she has done - that makes sense I guess. She has not aged gracefully....

As Sepharo noted, she's always sounded like that. It's common in adults who were collicky babies that did damage to their vocal cords. One of my buddies sounds like hes done heavy smoking and meth for 20 years for similar reasons but hes the squarest person I know.

Lohan is obviously a cracked out moron anyway but her voice isn't the reason shes gross and disgusting IMO.

18. Re: Battlefield Hardline Change Plans Jul 3, 2014, 08:56 Verno

I remember Dice saying that Battlefield wouldn't be a yearly franchise because it would hurt the quality. Times have changed  

21. Re: ShootMania Roadmap Jul 3, 2014, 07:22 Verno

Axis wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 01:34:
What exactly do you need spelled out Verno? blah blah bunch of personalization

All I asked for from the beginning was more detail on your claims and this supposed poor response from the developers. You said you made forum posts and other stuff but can't even provide a profile link for people to read them. It's not unreasonable for people to ask considering you bizarrely say "go read!!!" if anyone asks for clarification. Relinking something you already posted that has little info without any clarification doesn't really help.

Don't act cutesy with me Verno. You have no desire to be "enlightened" or have rational detail or discussion with me - you've proven that time and time again. You seek out my criticizing posts and try to take some lofty spot that only encourages the few I've stifled to attempt another attack. I've humored you this time only because the few rational people on this board need to see how ridiculous you are - and frankly I'm sure they already have before I "spelled it out".

Haha well I'm happy you think I'm cute but sorry I'll act however I want and if you don't like it then tough shit. You've been the one failing to goad me with personal attacks this entire time, all I've consistently done is ask for background of the vague assertions you made. It is pretty disingenuous to claim I'm being unreasonable when you're the one making ad homs for no reason. I suspect you think being asked to support your position is being "attacked" which is pretty telling of where the problem lies here. You're making this sound like people are asking you for DNA or something but really its just a regular convo that happens on this board all the time so I'm not sure how you expect to interact with people if you're going to flip out every time someone just says "oh hey why do you think?" or "can you source that?". It's a literal every day occurrence.

So chill out there fella, all I wanted was to read some of this interaction between you and the developers but its apparent you can't provide it so no big deal, I'll just seek out other opinions. Making a mountain out of a mole hill ITT, sheesh.

This comment was edited on Jul 3, 2014, 07:35.

8. Re: Battlefield Hardline Change Plans Jul 2, 2014, 23:14 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 20:24:
Check out WarFace ya slugs! It is free and co-op is pushed. You can lift eachother over walls and onto high platforms like Army of Two games.

Gotta be blunt man, that game looks really boring.

15865 Comments. 794 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo