Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 16674 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
13. Re: Game Reviews Dec 2, 2014, 13:54 Verno

I appreciate the offer but I saw a similar script several days ago on the Bioware forums dude, its just the general controls and mechanics. The engagement range on enemies is tiny meaning you often whiff if people move an inch, positioning is annoying due to the enlarged models on several enemies and there is no auto-move to enemy to list a few examples. Ranged is just easier to play and you have the added bonus of seeing the whole field. Melee tends to do more burst damage but it also soaks a lot of damage/CC from enemy abilities. I should have done melee first though, I am totally spoiled by the survivability, utility and etc from ranged classes.

Hopefully they address some of this stuff (and other PC oddities) in a patch soon. They are lucky the game is relatively stable because the UI/controls they shipped in the PC version are a disgrace.

Playing: Dying Light, DOTA2, Shadowrun Returns Dragonfall
Watching: Black Sails S2, Bosch, House of Cards S3
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Game Reviews Dec 2, 2014, 13:14 Verno

Blackwall spec'd down the right side of the Champion tree is unkillable for me in Nightmare. Dude is crazy, ungodly amounts of invuln time + guard. I can't even remember the last time he took damage. I like the spell purge from templar/Cass but I don't like how its PBAOE.

My Archer Rogue is just an absolute monster in terms of damage/utility. Not sure what I will do for a second playthrough. Melee combat is really tedious for me until they patch the game up, I might just do a Rift Mage or something.

My favorite zone so far (without getting into spoilers) is Crestwood. Cool zone quest there and a lot going on plus one of the cooler dragons.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2014, 13:02 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 12:59:
I would imagine it was more of a situation where it was a location shoot and it was there.....

In the article it says an assistant set designer bought it for $500 apparently.

News Comments > Peter Molyneux Hitting The Trail
9. Re: Peter Molyneux Hitting The Trail Dec 2, 2014, 12:11 Verno

I was sure someone would've made a crack about The Fail by now but perhaps people are finally moving on from that silliness  

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Dec 2, 2014, 11:22 Verno

I don't understand why people keep throwing money at this game and I suspect they don't know the reason either.  

6. Re: Game Reviews Dec 2, 2014, 11:13 Verno

There's a well known bug that's affecting some people where they don't hear music or party banter. Bioware is having a hard time tracking it down, some things fix it for some people and not others etc.

I had it near the beginning for awhile but something fixed it and I'm not even sure what.

Just watching a twitch stream with Bioware and they said 3 patches are on the way apparently. The first patch should land "soon".

This comment was edited on Dec 2, 2014, 11:21.

4. Re: Game Reviews Dec 2, 2014, 10:37 Verno

I'll start with the bad - the sidequest content is mostly MMO collection crap which is disappointing to be honest. I'm like 80% through the game and I can say with confidence that Orzammar in DA:O has more dialogue and sidequest depth than the entirety of DA:I sidequest content. There are some in DA:I but they are few and far between. I think they were probably sensitive to the criticisms of DA2 under delivering on content and just tried to do as much as possible. Understandable but they almost went too far in the other direction with filler.

That being said the rest of the game is pretty awesome. The main storyline is so well realized with interesting themes, lots of conflict and meaningful choices that it seems poorly contrasted against collecting 18 shards in every zone and all of the other tedious shit there is. The companion quests are hit and miss but mostly hit. The exploration aspect is great, they created a beautiful world. There are some very well designed zones and a few dungeon runs that are pretty memorable/atmospheric. Combat is a bit too easy for my tastes, even bumped up to Nightmare the challenge level drops off after about level 10 unless you purposely ignore crafting or take substandard builds. That being said its engaging enough to be satisfying for the most part. The voice actors (except for IB) are pretty good and the writing overall is a big step up from DA2.

Its a really good value for the money and overall a pretty good game. I think they're almost there in terms of the formula, they just need to refine it a bit and have a little more depth in the tertiary content. I could have done with 1-2 less zones in exchange for more substance. It is much better than DA2 though and definitely worth a purchase.

This comment was edited on Dec 2, 2014, 10:55.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 2, 2014, 09:57 Verno

I've had none of those issues with my Nexus 4, I would just factory restore it. Your contacts are saved automatically, apps and etc are all restored very easily, its like 10 minutes of work tops.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 2, 2014, 08:44 Verno

Errr he literally said in person so I'm pretty sure that's what he meant  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2014, 10:55 Verno

I got my folks a soundbar because they refuse to use the expensive home theater room we setup for them. Ugh. Those Sennheiser HD598s on Black Friday for $99 was a crazy good deal though, picked up a few.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 1, 2014, 10:50 Verno

Axis wrote on Dec 1, 2014, 09:50:
Windows 8 tablets with sub par hardware to boot? Remind me not to ask Nin for tech advice...

Yeah I wouldn't use an Atom for much outside of HTPC stuff. $459 for that is a bit much too, I feel like the hardware isn't awful per se but you can do better for the money.

News Comments > This War of Mine Recoups Costs in Two Days
2. Re: This War of Mine Recoups Costs in Two Days Dec 1, 2014, 09:28 Verno

It's a fantastic game that forces a lot of interesting choices on you. It is very bleak and oppressive though so you have to be in the mood for it, not exactly an uplifting experience. Make sure you get a few beds and your metal workshop going ASAP. Also board up your place otherwise looters will just steal your shit.  

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access
29. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access Dec 1, 2014, 09:22 Verno

Timmeh wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 11:43:
knowing this crowd, the game is probably awesome and the graphics great.

The people at blues are the worst gamers on the planet. If you could actually call them gamers. you guys are more like amateur trolls from some youtube comedy channel.

The hypocrisy apparent in your comment would be amusing if you weren't such a dick about it. How about if you don't like the discourse you do something to improve it? Instead of the immature bullshit quoted above.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2014, 14:22 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 13:18:
Verno wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 09:41:
Did he luck out with Gladiator too? American Gangster? Black Hawk Down? When you're as prolific a director as he is, you're going to have some stuff that works out and some stuff that doesn't. Making a movie is very complex and you're working with a lot of different people and studios with their own set of issues. Some projects just don't work out but that doesn't make him a "douchebag". That's coming from someone who loathed Prometheus by the way.

He's had a bad run lately though: Robin Hood, Prometheus, and The Counselor all sucked.

I didn't think Robin Hood was bad, it just wasn't what people were expecting. I enjoyed The Counselor too. Prometheus sucked and was more spectacle than anything else but a lot of people disagree with me on that.

And yeah agreed 1badmf, Kingdom of Heaven DirCut is up there amongst my favorites.

News Comments > etc.
17. Re: etc. Nov 27, 2014, 11:03 Verno

Axis wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 00:35:

No need to leap over oceans to make assumptions that attempt to portray yourself in a more "tolerant" light than me -- that just makes your "conviction" appear fake and contrived.

He didn't do that, you were the one with a problem about their stance on LGBT equality.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2014, 09:41 Verno

Did he luck out with Gladiator too? American Gangster? Black Hawk Down? When you're as prolific a director as he is, you're going to have some stuff that works out and some stuff that doesn't. Making a movie is very complex and you're working with a lot of different people and studios with their own set of issues. Some projects just don't work out but that doesn't make him a "douchebag". That's coming from someone who loathed Prometheus by the way.  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Patch
22. Re: Far Cry 4 Patch Nov 27, 2014, 09:13 Verno

Really enjoying Far Cry 4, its pretty much exactly what I wanted out of a sequel to Far Cry 3. Better story, more dynamic events, more wildlife and a lot more combat options. Great game minus a few technical snafus.  

News Comments > Assassinís Creed Unity Free DLC Offered; Season Passes Discontinued
16. Re: Assassinís Creed Unity Free DLC Offered; Season Passes Discontinued Nov 27, 2014, 08:44 Verno

I think direct refunds would be preferable to be honest but this is better than nothing.  

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
24. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 26, 2014, 16:17 Verno

Krovven wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 16:10:
I have no interest in MP. I'd play the campaigns (maybe) and play co-op with a friend...who owns all of it. So just getting the base game and 1 dlc doesn't really work for me.

They already tried CoH Online and it failed miserably. Relic isn't the same Relic it once was. Most of the founders and the lead designers on their older games are all gone now.

Ouch yeah then it's really not worth it at all. The SP campaigns sucked, I was really disappointed with them. Yeah I'm aware of the original devs leaving, its a shame. COH2 at release was a real mess and it took them a long time to bring it up to what I would consider parity with COH1. COH Online wasn't half bad but they totally failed at balancing it. RTS in general seems like a kickstarter genre now

I really want the long dark, but am deathly afraid of EA titles now.....I will wait for next year when it is hopefully released and then on sale...

Same here, too many disappointments. I don't touch any early access games anymore.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
20. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 26, 2014, 16:07 Verno

Krovven wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 15:51:
CoH2 is still too expensive. You are still looking at over $30 to get everything and you can't even just get one bundle. Then there is Ardennes Assault which is stand-alone and just released at $44 (CDN).

The SP campaigns are bad to be honest, you basically just buy in for the MP. Ardennes adds nothing no new units or etc so it can be safely skipped. You only need the base game and the Western Front armies addon to do all of the MP related stuff which at $18 is a pretty good value IMO. But if you're not going to play it often then *shrug*. I think their next game will be F2P, they certainly seem to be heading in that direction.

16674 Comments. 834 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo