Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 16301 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Trailer
22. Re: The Witcher 3 Trailer Sep 26, 2014, 13:54 Verno

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 13:51:
I know you weren't agreeing. I used your argumen to make my point, which is that he doesn't seem to actually play -- just talk.

Who cares? It's a discussion forum, if you want to watch people play then go to Youtube or Twitch. I play tons of game I never discuss on here and I'm sure many others do.

It could not possibly matter less if he talks about games (you're wrong, I've seen him talk about them BTW) or not.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: The Witcher 3 Trailer Sep 26, 2014, 13:42 Verno

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 12:07:
Indeed. You actually play them and talk about them. The thing is that I never read anything substential from nin about a game that indicates he's actually played it, and then he says stuff like "I can't wait for The Witcher 3 to ship, so they can start talking about Cyberpunk!" We should all be very surprised if he had instead said the more logical thing in this thread

I wasn't agreeing with you and he doesn't need to write up his experiences or something if he doesn't want to. I'm sure if he needs another parent he knows how to contact you though

The things people choose to care about, hahah.

Getting back to The Witcher 3, I've been really impressed the open world presentation and depth but I still find the combat looks pretty ho-hum. Maybe it was just the video I was watching but hit registration still looked off and the combat itself didn't seem very engaging.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
6. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 26, 2014, 13:04 Verno

#GateCrasher  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
60. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 26, 2014, 11:53 Verno

Nah it's really pointless but I had to make the....point  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 26, 2014, 11:43 Verno

#ComplaintGate  

58. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 26, 2014, 11:34 Verno

UHD wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 09:56:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 09:00:
Considering occupy was gutted from within by sjw's, and GG is refusing to let them control the narrative perhaps you're just reading into it far too much.

I love how SJWs are your bogeymen. They're everywhere, man, crawling out of the woodwork while you play DotA2 and disturbing your video game time. You can't get five minutes' peace without some SJW breaking into your house to call you a manhater. Seriously, the nerve!

Yes and the "GamerGate" folk are just out in force, harassing and raping women. Pretty soon they won't be able to vote again!

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans
6. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans Sep 26, 2014, 10:22 Verno

Darks wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 10:19:
Holy shit, 6GB of VRam! My card "GTX 970 SC" only has 4GB. WTF!

I just got this card too. I pre ordered this game on GMG had 15 dollar credit and used the coupon got the game for 30 bucks.

Cant wait to play this one, glad to see the reviews are panning out.

I wouldn't sweat the requirements too much, they're often inaccurate. I've seen minimums that are absurd and high end specs that the game didn't warrant at all.

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Sep 26, 2014, 10:05 Verno

They met and had kids before the accident unless I'm reading the article wrong.  

News Comments > Trove Closed Beta
1. Re: Trove Closed Beta Sep 26, 2014, 10:01 Verno

I've played the alpha on and off a bit, shows promise but needs more fleshing out. The crafting really needs more attention, they've already got a good handle on giving you little dungeons and busywork to do. Their housing implementation isn't quite what I had imagined either, just these plots on a changing worldspace feels a bit odd.

I think I want something like this but the ability to have permanent homes on a single world with friends. Sadly most companies don't want private servers as the F2P microtransactions are too attractive.

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 2014, 10:07.

16. Re: The Witcher 3 Trailer Sep 26, 2014, 09:58 Verno

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 08:50:
And then you can't wait for Cyberpunk to ship, so they can start talking about whatever other upcoming project. Others mentioned this before and I just had to chime in to ask it of you as well: Do you even play games or just like to talk about them?

Uh that's kind of how games work, you play them then you play something else when you're finished. He talks about them on a forum just like you do. What a weird post.

General Discussion > NFL Week Four
10. No subject Sep 26, 2014, 09:52 Verno

Blue must be happy that the Giants are finally showing signs of life  

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Sep 26, 2014, 09:03 Verno

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 22:37:
I read the entire article; the husband sounds like a piece of shit

I don't know man, I dated a woman who had a brain injury from a car accident several years ago. She was beautiful, very intelligent and didn't have any issues with learning faculties or motor skills but her emotional manifestations were all fucked up and her short term memory was strange. She would confuse people in stories and stuff like that but remain stubborn/certain about the details to the point of argument. Her emotional swings were like whiplash and I'm pretty patient. It was a really challenging relationship and in the end I couldn't stand the constant emotional tug of war.

We dated for less than a year but it felt like being married for 10. I can only imagine what it would be like for that guy who also had kids to contend with and a huge history with her before the accident.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Trailers
13. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailers Sep 26, 2014, 08:57 Verno

Sho wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 20:46:
DangerDog wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 20:31:
Generally I find games that try to be scary more stupid than frightening.

You're not wrong. The only actually-frightening game I can think of is the overlooked gem Undying.

Undying is one of the few games where I think piracy had a real negative impact, I remember it being heavily traded back then. Great atmosphere for the first half of the game anyway, it kinda gets weird with the supernatural monks and other stuff.

News Comments > PC GTA5 First-Person Support?
37. Re: PC GTA5 First-Person Support? Sep 25, 2014, 16:03 Verno

Fion wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 15:54:
Ah, 1st person would be cool but the series has always been 3rd person so I don't know if I'd even use it.

My largest concern with the game is that the world is to big. Whenever I watched anyone else play they'd have mission objectives half way across the map so everyone ended up using cheats to get helicopters to make the travel shorter because by car it's a 20 minute drive.. real time.

Still, very much looking forward to it.

Don't worry, that's not a big deal. You can taxi almost anywhere and you can also swap between characters while one is driving to a way point. I can't think of anywhere that requires 20 minutes of straight driving either.

General Discussion > NFL Week Four
6. No subject Sep 25, 2014, 15:33 Verno

I'm really worried about my pick on the Panthers/Ravens match more than any other pick this week. Niners and Eagles is another one that's tough to call.

Also kudos to Batman for choosing the ESPN site, its waaaay better than BTI. Much more useful info and lot of stats available. BTI was so basic last year and a few times it didn't save my picks properly.

12. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 25, 2014, 15:11 Verno

"Men should never criticize anything a woman says because thats harassment, no wonder women are so SCARED!"

This game sure is fun!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2014, 14:32 Verno

Bundy wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 14:11:
If you saw the way my wife ate chicken wings you'd be shocked if that number as low as 10%. She nibbles at it like a mouse and then tosses it aside. Weirdo.

Haha, my girlfriend does the same thing and it drives me nuts. She nibbles at it and then puts it to the side of the plate with huge hunks of meat left on it. Before we moved in together she would just throw out any potential leftovers. Meat is the most expensive stuff we buy for food, stop wasting it woman!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 25, 2014, 14:26 Verno

I find the numbers pretty dubious, the WD Red failure rate seems far too high and the Seagate numbers are catastrophic, there would be widespread angst and recalls if it was really 24% for a single drive line. That's like IBM DeathStar material. Probably also worth noting that BackBlaze's usage scenarios aren't exactly the norm when considering consumer drive applications.  

News Comments > Steam Music Leaves Beta
16. Re: Steam Music Leaves Beta Sep 25, 2014, 13:49 Verno

Haha be real, its Valve, they rarely do anything quickly

Will it improve? Anyones guess. Some things Valve takes very seriously and others they drop and seem to forget that it ever existed. It's just a supplementary feature so its not a huge deal but some of the feature omissions are real head scratchers.

News Comments > Saints Row IV Gat out of Hell Walkthrough Trailer
3. Re: Saints Row IV Gat out of Hell Walkthrough Trailer Sep 25, 2014, 12:09 Verno

Cutter wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 22:31:
Enh, I'll pass on this. This is way too dated, way too rehashed, way too silly now. This franchise needs a reboot with an up to date engine.

Agreed, its well past the point of absurdity and just seems stupid now.

16301 Comments. 816 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo