Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 17362 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Apr 20, 2015, 13:11 Verno

The FBI has a mandate to investigate those kinds of things regardless of the context, guy was an idiot.  
Playing: The Witcher 3
Watching: True Detective
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
33. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 20, 2015, 08:43 Verno

I can't say I've been impressed with GTA Online either. A seemingly never ending series of loading screens and frustration. When you get a stable session its great but man there is a lot of BS in between.  

News Comments > New Mass Effect Details?
5. Re: New Mass Effect Details? Apr 18, 2015, 17:45 Verno

That would be fine with me. I just want the universe from Mass Effect 1 again without procedurally generated planets. Mass Effect 1 actually felt like a space opera with some shooter sections, ME2 and ME3 just felt like corridor shooters. I know a lot of it was console limitations so I'm hopeful with the revised specs we see some more interesting stuff this time. ME1 had wonky mechanics and annoying planets but it needed revision, not a total reinvention. ME2 had its high points (characters and writing mainly) but I felt like they went too far. ME3 was a nice in between but still needed bigger levels and more open exploration IMO.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
284. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 18, 2015, 16:58 Verno

So trying to move this back on track and hit the magical 300 post count legitimately, anyone have some GTA Online money tips? Because everything is crazy expensive and I'm constantly broke. Do the Heists have any requirements? I started a new profile/character with the PC version.  

282. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 18, 2015, 16:28 Verno

Quboid wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 23:27:
I reported the first post (not the second, guess he's got multiple fans) because it was just pointless abuse and while much of this thread hasn't been a happy place, I felt it crossed the line. It was certainly a heck of a lot more than calling someone a douche and treating those posts as remotely the same is unreasonable - as he knows perfectly well.

Krovven has consistently been rude or unnecessarily aggressive and he deserves to be called out on it by anyone. This is not a one time thing, this is not a few posters, this is pattern and he just comes across as incredibly childish - an insult he's oddly attached to considering his love of mindless insults.

Yeah, I think Blue is remarkably patient all things considered. I would've counted myself lucky and moved on instead of trying to shift the blame. That sort of consistent behavior is banworthy on any other forum and I know because I frequent more than a few and see the bad apples get tossed. There isn't even active moderation here, its completely reactive and based on user reports. Blue doesn't read every post or thread so sometimes people get away with one thing while another user doesn't because it got reported. If Blue ever nominates a few mods to clean things up then some of you will quickly realize what other forums are run like and just how good you've had it all along.

Anyways whatever, we should all crew up and take out frustrations in game. Much more fun that way

You can private message here?

If the user has email replies enabled in their profile then you can send them mail through the board system by clicking on their username and then the link therein.

This comment was edited on Apr 18, 2015, 16:40.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Version 1.04 Released; Beta Patches Coming
7. Re: Pillars of Eternity Version 1.04 Released; Beta Patches Coming Apr 17, 2015, 12:20 Verno

PHJF wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 12:16:
Seems more like a case of reach exceeding grasp. Pillars at least has a lot fewer core problems than Wasteland, a game which was most definitely not ready at release.

Wastelands balance problems are more severe IMO. I enjoyed it for the story and some of the side content but Pillars is more interesting. I do agree about the level cap considering some of the loot you get can last forever so you really need to be invested in the story once you lose those progression tools.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Version 1.04 Released; Beta Patches Coming
2. Re: Pillars of Eternity Version 1.04 Released; Beta Patches Coming Apr 17, 2015, 10:01 Verno

Been really enjoying this, I just wish they would rebalance Ranger a bit since it seems kinda useless.  

News Comments > Into the Black
31. Re: Into the Black Apr 17, 2015, 09:13 Verno

I thought it was fairly promising...then I remembered its JJ Abrams involved  

247. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 16, 2015, 15:20 Verno

Sepharo wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 15:16:
Verno wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 10:56:
After spending some time with it I've concluded the game is extremely CPU dependent, even a mild OC on my 2500k makes a massive difference in framerate while swapping GPUs had little effect on performance. It's a good port overall but it feels like it could still use some optimization to offload more to the GPU, mine doesn't even max utilization sometimes. Anyone who is looking to increase performance for this game is probably better off upgrading their CPU rather than their GPU.

I notice a major frame drop when using the MP3 radio station while the action replay functionality is enabled.

Hmm I'll look into that when I get home, thanks for the heads up.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2015, 14:39 Verno

Silicon Avatar wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 13:34:
I have been that guy inside that car more than once and it is not fun. I don't even like to drive anymore. Too many people are on cell phones and crap now.

Yeah it drives me nuts when I see people in my rearview whose heads are staring down into their lap while we're driving at 60-75mph. I've never understood the driving/texting thing, listen to music or whatever you can do without distracting yourself and putting everyone in danger. I wish there was a mandatory licensing thing where you had visit the car crash subreddit so people could see what happens when they fuck around too much in the car.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records
16. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 16, 2015, 14:20 Verno

Great to see the PC version doing well and fairly happy with the port.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2015, 11:18 Verno

Wake me up when its football time again

I can play baseball, its fun. I can't watch baseball, its really boring as anything other than background while I do something else.

242. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 16, 2015, 10:56 Verno

After spending some time with it I've concluded the game is extremely CPU dependent, even a mild OC on my 2500k makes a massive difference in framerate while swapping GPUs had little effect on performance. It's a good port overall but it feels like it could still use some optimization to offload more to the GPU, mine doesn't even max utilization sometimes. Anyone who is looking to increase performance for this game is probably better off upgrading their CPU rather than their GPU.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
11. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 15, 2015, 14:25 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 14:19:
You're being snarky, but there's some truth there. DAs only take cases they think are a slam dunk.

The snark is for the DA and their laziness, something tells me they would be trying a lot harder if the victims were female. Oh well at least they got fired.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 15, 2015, 13:54 Verno

Java is a security nightmare responsible for a ridiculous number of intrusion vectors, anything that gets it away from end users is a good thing in my books. I think the only other thing I hate as much is Flash.  

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Sells 1M
25. Re: Cities: Skylines Sells 1M Apr 15, 2015, 13:52 Verno

Creston wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 12:05:
Verno wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 08:58:
Much like many games in my Steam list I bought but never played this due to other games

Bad Verno! BAD!

The release schedule is so bloated lately and free time in the evening is tough to find bro

I'm looking forward to Witcher 3 coming out and then things settling down for awhile. I have like 10 great games to play, including this one.

8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 15, 2015, 13:48 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 13:43:
@ Vern & Frags,

From the article:
Earlier this month a prosecutor from the Denver District Attorney’s Office was asked to review the case but she declined to press charges because there was no reasonable likelihood of conviction and no victim had been identified.

"Shit that would require effort!"

5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 15, 2015, 11:25 Verno

Yeah I'm surprised no criminal charges are mentioned. If they were groping women people would be going apeshit.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2015, 10:00 Verno

Opposite for me, the singleplayer in GTA V is really well done and I'm enjoying the heck out of it. The console version I played just didn't do it justice, feels like playing a long movie on the PC. I was really happy to see I can basically dial almost everything up with a 970 too, they did a great job on the port.  

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Sells 1M
19. Re: Cities: Skylines Sells 1M Apr 15, 2015, 08:58 Verno

Much like many games in my Steam list I bought but never played this due to other games  

17362 Comments. 869 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo