Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 15805 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 on PTR
2. Re: Diablo III 2.1.0 on PTR Jun 26, 2014, 09:31 Verno

Looks like there are going to be a bunch of cold build items to find, almost every class received cold rune changes. I think they could have done more with Monk/DH but I guess I'll wait for PTR to see.  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hello Games "Would Like" to Bring No Man's Sky to PCs
33. Re: Hello Games Jun 25, 2014, 16:04 Verno

Minecraft on the consoles is arguably dumbed down anyway. It just hasn't affected the PC version so far which is the exception rather than the rule.  

News Comments > Into the Black
21. Re: Into the Black Jun 25, 2014, 16:00 Verno

Has to be rated R otherwise it's a complete waste of money and time.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 25, 2014, 15:54 Verno

April Fools day again? We all know the heists are a long running gag  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Jun 25, 2014, 14:59 Verno

Child of Light was pretty good so I'll definitely check out Valiant Hearts. As long as all 4-6 hours are enjoyable then I have no problem paying that price either. Quality stuff should be rewarded, I've played 10 hours games far more enjoyable than the 100 grindathons.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 25, 2014, 14:58 Verno

There are some latency issues with the hardware but overall Kinect was a neat enough idea applied to the wrong industry. I love the 360 pad as well, moreso than the Xbone controller but I still think the PS4 controller one ups it in most areas except battery life.  

News Comments > Hello Games "Would Like" to Bring No Man's Sky to PCs
21. Re: Hello Games Jun 25, 2014, 13:32 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jun 25, 2014, 13:16:
Yeah, I thought it had been added to the PS4 but was PC first. And as others have mentioned as more is released on this I'm not convinced its going to be a very good actual game. It's like Starbound. Yeah, the concept of all the different biomes was cool, then you find out its all just the same shit reskinned with different names. Big whoop. And for all their procedural talk its really nothing more than variations on a theme as well. You'll have 4 legged pink brontosaurus on on one planet, and a blue six legged one on the next that look near the same. And if it's going to be hobbled by the PS4 then it's definitely not something I want.

I'm not quite ready to write it off yet but I have the same concerns, with only a few exceptions most of my experiences with games using procedural generation have been pretty dull.

If nothing else I admire the ambition.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 25, 2014, 09:48 Verno

Nice to see those Fracal Cases continue to improve. I agree with the author about the dust filters, they need to look at what Corsair is doing and emulate that, it is a pain to remove the ones in mine.

English language link for anyone interested in reading the Node 804 review.

News Comments > More Crytek Rumors
13. Re: More Crytek Rumors Jun 24, 2014, 15:15 Verno

While I hate F2P, when you look at the business that World of Tanks and League of Legends does, my thinking is that Cevat decided he wanted in on that action.

I think the big story is that any dev house is only one bad game away from bankruptcy, and Ryse was probably that game for Crytek.

Just picked up the original Far Cry on Gog, and plan to replay this weekend (I have no idea what I did with my original disk ). Man that game was fun.

As an ex-employee noted though, Crytek has been bandwagoning popular trends in the industry but shows up too late to make a dent. Motion control game, MOBA, F2P shooters, etc are all sound concepts but they were far too late to market and didn't bring a good enough product to sway potential customers away from the competition. You can't play catch up unless you do it well.

How do you run a company with 200+ employees (800 total at other studios) on a F2P model with totally unproven products? Most of the signs point to management problems. Haphazard project structure and planning, games inexplicably cancelled on a whim, changing to a business model employees didnt believe in and so on. CryEngine itself has failed to evolve too which is very unfortunate since licensing could have carried them through most of these humps.

News Comments > More Crytek Rumors
2. Re: More Crytek Rumors Jun 24, 2014, 14:19 Verno

Pair of Ferraris hahah. I would never work for a douchebag who drove a Ferrari to the office. My boss is a smart, humble guy who drives a 15 year old Ford and has a great profit sharing program. It sends a good message to clients and coworkers while also ensuring people aren't crawling up his ass for bonuses every year.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Company of Heroes 2 - The Western Front Armies
12. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Company of Heroes 2 - The Western Front Armies Jun 24, 2014, 12:09 Verno

COH2 was definitely a disappointment, they weren't quick enough to adjust balance problems and most of the "new features" sucked. I don't know why they went with the eastern front either, doing Africa or Japan would have been more interesting but their engine is poorly suited toward including air units I guess.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 24, 2014, 11:40 Verno

I'll take our flawed but fairly reliable service and easily unlocked phones ($10 on ebay) over the cell networks I see in Canada.

North Americans in general get bent over, America certainly but some of the weird fees I've seen and the poor service up in Canada is really eye opening. I don't mind having a slightly higher bill if it means reliability and few surprises. I thought Verizon was bad until I experienced Bell and Rogers. I'm lucky my job now takes care of the travel expenses including my cell up there because they are a nightmare to deal with.

I do think that locked phones will go though, its just a matter of time and I agree it was always a stupid concept.

This comment was edited on Jun 24, 2014, 11:50.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2014, 10:04 Verno

I did bacon wrapped sausage last night for some guests, took 4 hours to smoke but it was totally worth it. Greens and chips for sides, I did the chips on the BBQ in a foil packet sprayed with some pam and they turned out great.

I've been eating a lot less steak this year in general, the rest of the family really favors burgers and dogs which gets repetitive and frustrating. I haven't had a good steak in months

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 24, 2014, 10:00 Verno

I think its cool they reduced the price on The Last of Us Remastered but I still think they should do some sort of cheaper ownership thing for people who have PS3 copies. $30-40 feels about right. I know there are technical challenges but otherwise it's just going to be a $5 bargain bin thing for me.  

News Comments > DICE on Bad Company 3: "Wait and See"
2. Re: DICE on Bad Company 3: Jun 24, 2014, 09:58 Verno

I really enjoyed Bad Company 2, it had many tradeoffs with the mainline series entries but overall the MP action was really fun and the destruction effects in that game were a riot.  

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 24, 2014, 09:04 Verno

Julio wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 15:36:
What's a 10 GB download

Unnecessary in this case.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $47M
26. Re: Star Citizen Passes $47M Jun 24, 2014, 09:02 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 22:36:
Why not offer something substantive like a proper expansion? A good storyline for an SP arc or something. A million dollars for a virtual item is ludicrous. That sort of nonsense alone keeps me from taking this game seriously.

They did already that stretch goal long ago, so I guess you can start taking the game seriously now

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
12. Re: LOL Jun 24, 2014, 08:54 Verno

Ant wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 03:39:
UFC is so much better like this!

Haha yeah, I can't say I care for UFC so thats an improvement in my mind.

News Comments > Crytek Denies Bankruptcy Rumor
17. Re: Crytek Denies Bankruptcy Rumor Jun 24, 2014, 08:53 Verno

I have to question going after a troubled franchise like Homefront while also pursuing new IP. I love new IP but you can bankrupt yourself doing it if you don't have some proven winners in the stables. I'm sure they picked up Homefront for a song and a dance but I have to question if it was really worth the effort.  

News Comments > Ubisoft "Confident" in Unified Assassin's Creed Unity Launch
20. Re: Ubisoft Jun 23, 2014, 17:11 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 15:11:
Very strange rant

Haha whatever, you were being a jerk and I called you on it. Kevin gave you several examples that contradict what both of us said, not his fault you can't handle it. AC: Unity might very well end up delayed but its probably not some grandiose conspiracy and instead just the mundane facts of releasing for multiple platforms. Do the consoles get preference in that process? Absolutely, that's where the majority of the sales happen. Ubisoft has been improving on their porting and release process for some time now though and if you want to ding them for the past then you have to credit them for their successes too.

15805 Comments. 791 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo