Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 15581 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2014, 12:25 Verno

It's pros and cons like anything else. Puppies can be great but they're a shitload of work. You need someone who doesn't work to care for them, they can barely hold their bladder for the first 6 months. The upside is you get an unbreakable bond and a much stronger say in their training and habits. Rescues can be fantastic but unfortunately they can have both good and habits/traits that are often set by the time you get them.

I've done both and found it rewarding either way but it depends on what stage of life you're in and all that.

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tropico 5 Preorders Soar
9. Re: Tropico 5 Preorders Soar May 21, 2014, 10:53 Verno

The Tropico games are hilarious and pretty consistent, I don't think a preorder is out of the question.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation May 21, 2014, 10:52 Verno

I think it was more due to their backend being hosted by Gamespy who shut down but I agree its kinda bullshit that they aren't implementing something else.  

2. Re: Morning Consolidation May 21, 2014, 09:23 Verno

It will definitely mean more interest from hackers but the way the Xbox sandboxes executables makes it a lot less likely to happen than people think.  

20. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 14:53 Verno

DukeFNukem wrote on May 20, 2014, 14:26:
h2o is poisonous huh? Thanks, I didn't realize that either. So fluoride good for increasing my IQ. h2o poisonous to the body. Got it. Hey, thanks guys. *cough, cough*. I appreciate it.

Electrolyte imbalance is a real thing. We went to the Grand Canyon last year and did the hike to the bottom, one of the guys in our group over hydrated and ended up fainting halfway down. Turns out he drank way too much water but didn't really bring anything to get his electrolytes up like crackers or etc. He's lucky he was in a group where we kept an eye on each other, some people hike the switchbacks alone and could end up dead by something seemingly innocuous.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse May 20, 2014, 10:24 Verno

John wrote on May 20, 2014, 08:12:
You're still using a cord for the internet.

Totally using a cord for power too.

It's not a literal term

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 09:34 Verno

I mean, I don't really care because you aren't watching the cutscenes after playing the game once but at the same time there is no excuse for the game having a story that makes cartoons for kids look Oscar worthy.

Also looks like Peyton Manning has lost some weight

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 08:54 Verno

Butterfly lady was the worst part of Diablo 3, even Claudia Black couldn't save that shit. So many weird plot related elements in that game, you can tell they changed course a few times during development. In act 1 you go through this 20 minute thing to open up some water temple that was clearly meant to be much bigger and instead you get butterfly lady exposition after fighting 5 mobs and leave.  

2. Re: Morning Consolidation May 20, 2014, 08:53 Verno

The lamentations of the media about the Kinect lately are amusing. The Kinect was a terrible natural user interface, the voice recognition was passable but they don't need the laggy camera tech for that. Microsoft would have been better off sticking a $10 mic to the base of every console.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed
4. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed May 20, 2014, 08:51 Verno

This game got sandwiched between Watch_Dogs and Child of Light for me so I'll have to wait but it sounds pretty decent.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse May 19, 2014, 21:18 Verno

jdreyer wrote on May 19, 2014, 21:01:
Hmm, I cut the cord back in 2004. What took everyone so long?

Yeah I've been off a long time as well. I do not miss commercials and my $120 cable bill. Business internet service plus other alternatives.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
17. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 19, 2014, 21:15 Verno

I was just calling a spade a spade but if you want to read more into that then by all means, your imagination is amusing  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
16. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 19, 2014, 21:13 Verno

Axis wrote on May 19, 2014, 20:35:
Oh my Verno... sad man can't even own up to something so minor.

Yes that's exactly why I linked your own text, thanks for agreeing

15. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 19, 2014, 20:32 Verno

Except that I never insulted you, saying you also have a poor track record is based on your own predictions and is not a personal affront in the context of you suggesting another forum poster has the same.  

14. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 19, 2014, 20:29 Verno

Axis wrote on May 19, 2014, 20:15:
No 'could be' about it, you are wrong.

Going by your own words I'm right so *shrug*. I'm not the one playing cute with words and meaning

13. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 19, 2014, 19:50 Verno

Just pointing out your track record is nothing to write him about either and I never insulted you this entire time but its interesting you view it that way.  

10. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 19, 2014, 19:46 Verno

Axis wrote on May 19, 2014, 19:18:
Not that I care what you think -- the writing is on the wall here and I have better things to do than read constant negativity from the same no-lifes

Sounds pretty clear to me. Of course I could be wrong and by your own admission you just don't have anything better to do, I am quite willing to admit it

11. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 19, 2014, 16:43 Verno

Axis wrote on May 19, 2014, 14:10:

Oh my track record is pretty damn solid, I can't call them all - but I do call them unlike you sideline commentators. I was proved right about PoE and you surely weren't -- that's good enough for me.

Actually I find your small track record so far pretty dubious. 3 predictions, 2 of them not working out so well (Wii U and Ouya), one of them questionable considering its competitors successes and its relatively niche status. Simple binary choices about platforms are kind of silly anyway, a 50/50 prediction win or loss isn't very impressive either way. But if you want to brag about your "wins" then you should own up to your "failures" too, particularly when you criticize other forum posters about theirs.

I like how you throw out random unqualified insults like your post here that has no bearing on Mine and Nin's differences. I doubt you earned any nin or blues brownie points like you hoped...

I don't even interact with nin or Blue outside of the odd forum message. Also you made a post that was dedicated to insulting another member so you can't really get upset when you receive the same in return, not that my post was even insulting in nature. I was just pointing out the inherent flaw in your post.

This comment was edited on May 19, 2014, 16:48.

8. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 19, 2014, 16:38 Verno

Axis wrote on May 19, 2014, 14:04:
So much for your ability to understand posts - I never stated anything even remotely like that.

Hmm, that's funny because you said:

Not that I care what you think -- the writing is on the wall here and I have better things to do than read constant negativity from the same no-lifes. BN may hold some nostalgia factor for being old-school like voodooextreme was, but that's about it.

I guess you don't have anything better to do after all

Ouya is a dead platform, nice idea, horrible execution. Pretty much everyone poo poos pretty much everything - especially here.Pretty much everyone poo poos pretty much everything - especially here

In the case of the Ouya it was totally justified, they promised the moon and delivered a block of cheese. Which most rational people were able to see because they weren't so caught up in their emotions about a platform

9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 19, 2014, 00:35 Verno

Axis wrote on May 16, 2014, 15:38:
Since NIN has proven himself to be entirely wrong about games more often than not, I'd run from his "serious" opinions...

Your track record with games isn't very good so we should discount what you say too then I guess

15581 Comments. 780 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo