Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 14971 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
69. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 16, 2014, 08:47 Verno

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 19:57:
In theater room dark, it was just barely visible (when focusing on the screen), with a light screen, not visible. Everyone came out saying it wasn't an issue at all.

What I found out here is we have some really wound up mo'fo's here. The games are failing you, they aren't relaxing many here at all. I took the pepsi challenge, the light was negligible. And no matter how much it possibly could be, shooting someone is unfathomable for this.

People have an issue of others using electronic devices in their presence, I believe that is the issue. They just want people to put their shit away. It's the same ole shit of some people have a vision of the world and it has to be that way or they are pissed. It happens in so many things. You will be much more happy when you embrace people are different and don't sweat the small stuff.

That is some pretty dubious stuff, if you couldn't see a cellphone screen in a dark theater then I think you've got eyesight problems. No one said shooting someone for this is OK, that's a strawman. People are saying that using your cell in a theater is selfish, stupid and will get you into trouble with other patrons. You keep trying to put it on like the majority want cell use so you can paint people here as selfish but the reality is the opposite, there's a reason every single theater has loud and obnoxious cell phone warnings. Most also have a policy prohibiting their use during the film, if someone complains you can be tossed out for it at almost every theater I've attended.

I use my cell all the time but I am careful to respect other peoples boundaries and take into account how my actions might affect them. The hundred or so people paying $20-40 to go to a movie deserve a quiet, enjoyable experience. I also don't take a noisy phone call in a small restaurant filled with couples. If you don't understand the basic etiquette I'm talking about then this is pointless. You'll just have to learn the hard way that putting your needs above everyone else in a way that affects them is being supremely selfish and people will not hesitate to make you aware of it. I hope for your sake you don't make a habit of it because sooner or later you will meet someone who is shall we say, less respectful of personal boundaries.

Personally I just let it slide unless they start talking or texting but many people do not share my patience and I can't say I blame them. It's almost as classless and silly as the guy who leaves his cell on during a symphony.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

53. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 15, 2014, 13:50 Verno

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 12:25:
I still say the light coming off a phone is nil at a movie if you are like actually watching the movie and not trolling...

Ok you can say that but you're still wrong. The brightness of many phones is quite high and magnified by the darkness. Watching a movie at the theater can be an immersive experience but things like someone pulling out a phone 2 rows underneath you can really ruin it. Is it the end of the universe? No. Is it still fucking annoying? Yes. People pay good money to go out and see a movie, if they didn't care about being interrupted or immersed they would park their asses at home and save money. Obviously getting bent out of shape to the point of violence is ridiculous but it's equally as silly to be doing it in the first place. I can think of exactly 2 situations where you would need a phone turned on in a theater and both involve a medical emergency.

News Comments > Dark Souls II "Cursed" Trailer
4. Re: Dark Souls II Jan 15, 2014, 11:58 Verno

Probably just console footage, I'm not too worried about it and can't wait to play another Souls game.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Update Next Week
1. Re: Guild Wars 2 Update Next Week Jan 15, 2014, 11:07 Verno

Finally had a chance to get patched up and back into this. The amount of stuff they've added since I last played is great, feels like I missed out on the equivalent of a big expansion. Going to sink some time in this week and get back to speed, probably rerolling a new class for fun. I think I'll see if the Necro grabs me this time around, I haven't kept up with any the balance patches or etc.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 15, 2014, 10:24 Verno

How do you get politicians to care about privacy?

Post all of their collected data and metadata publicly? They will start to care pretty quickly.

49. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 15, 2014, 10:22 Verno

Nah I think it's both the guns *and* the people  

News Comments > SimCity Offline Mode Coming
75. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Coming Jan 15, 2014, 09:50 Verno

Newbro wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 23:28:
I'm not trying to defend EA, god knows how many times they pushed unfinished products for release just to earn some quick bucks (Battlefield 4 anyone?), but i mean just give credits when it's due please?

Your selective reading and interpretation of the comments here is pretty amusing. Why should anyone give them credit? They were warned pre-release that this was a bad idea by their consumers and the press. They lied several times about features and the reason they were included. They released a product with numerous problems, problems that stemmed from their dubious inclusion of a feature no one wanted. They decided to ignore all criticism and do the PR tapdance when asked about it during interviews. Finally after the games sales have utterly disappointed and the franchise is potentially damaged they come back with this, not even an apology just an offline mode that no longer suits the game itself because they designed it around small cities and regional multiplayer that no one wanted.

Maybe you should give people some credit rather than giving EA any.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
11. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 15, 2014, 09:03 Verno

InBlack wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 03:35:
Why did they ban guns on planes anyway?? Guns on planes and 911 would have never happened!

My internet sarcasm detector must be broken because I almost read this as serious.

News Comments > Evolve this Fall; Preorder DLC Bonus Announced
12. Re: Evolve this Fall; Preorder DLC Bonus Announced Jan 15, 2014, 08:45 Verno

They don't even have in game screenshots and they're already talking about content splitting? What the fuck.  

47. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 15, 2014, 08:44 Verno

Prez wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 22:29:
In my area of the US, people can and often do go armed just about anywhere. In Tennessee and Mississippi I'd be willing to bet that a good quarter of the people in your local supermarket, Walmart, mall, restaurants, and theaters are packing (you'd be surprised how many southern women keep subcompacts or snubs in their purses!). I mention this only because if you stop to think of it with how dickish everyone treats one another it's kind of surprising that the sort of incident like this latest theater shooting doesn't happen a whole lot more often.

I look at it the other way, maybe if the general populace didn't think they were entitled to live like John McClane then we'd have less overall gun crime and things like this could be avoided

23. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 14, 2014, 15:00 Verno

I really don't want people armed in entertainment venues (theaters, stadiums, bars etc) where passion and emotions run high. The few rational purposes of it are outweighed by the downsides in my opinion. The endless gun debate bores me though so that's all I have to say on it.

Getting back to the cellphone thing, I do agree with Cutter that they should just employ cellphone blockers but unfortunately there are major liability issues involved which prevents them from doing so and I think federal law on such devices is pretty strict.

21. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 14, 2014, 14:50 Verno

You could google that about most countries but by and large they happen less frequently there for ~whatever~ reason, don't feel like getting into the usual gun debate.

You don't really want people bringing guns into a theater regardless of where you live I would hope.

14. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 14, 2014, 12:58 Verno

No one deserves to be shot over something so trivial. I think the escalating fight didn't help matters any and he threw a bag of popcorn at the old guy or something which might let some nutso florida jury acquit him.

That said, I turn mine off while waiting in the concession line because you don't want to be that douche who forgets later on.

News Comments > Evolve this Fall; Preorder DLC Bonus Announced
4. Re: Evolve this Fall; Preorder DLC Bonus Announced Jan 14, 2014, 11:29 Verno

It'll be interesting to see, I prefer Versus but I think many people actually just liked playing against the AI specials rather than a player.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2014, 11:35 Verno

harlock wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 11:23:
true detective

yeh man

Was the pilot any good? I passed out watching some old movie called Elephant and missed it.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
13. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 13, 2014, 10:56 Verno

Hellbinder wrote on Jan 12, 2014, 22:53:
so none of you guys really care how people act like packs of wolves online? all you do is join in?

How people act online closely mirrors how they act in real life.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
30. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 13, 2014, 10:07 Verno

I don't buy early access games anymore, the value proposition is not worth it and I do enough beta testing for the AAA industry without doing it for indies too.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2014, 09:57 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jan 12, 2014, 17:57:
Threesome with Carrie and her stunt double in those slave outfits? ROWR!

And yeah, Archer rules. Dunno about any of those other shows. My buddy is into Sons of Anarchy, but I think bikers are the scum of the earth so I have zero interest in watching show about them. Dunno how you guys watch so much TV to begin with though.

Sons of Anarchy is a shitty show anyway, the first few season show promise but it goes off the rails quickly. As for watching TV, you just allocate time to it like any other activity. Some nights our family watches TV, other nights we play a board game, sometimes its sports, sometimes video games and so on.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2014, 09:31 Verno

Haha yeah, good luck with that. Gave up on Martin a long time ago, guy has terrible work habits. Blogs a billion times about football, pizza and attending conventions but takes 5 years to finish a book.  

News Comments > SimCity Offline Mode Coming
4. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Coming Jan 13, 2014, 09:27 Verno

What a clusterfuck EA made of this game. Offline mode is a good start but doesn't really fix the game being designed around smaller city sizes due to underpinning online functionality where none was necessary.  

14971 Comments. 749 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo