Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 14971 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2014, 11:47 Verno

I stuck with BTI and don't mind regular season being pooled with playoffs, felt too late to switch before. Next year I'd rather we went with a different site though, their interface was sorta balls.  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Metacritic Analysis
6. Re: Metacritic Analysis Jan 20, 2014, 11:27 Verno

robdot wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 11:06:
I dont know how anyone could put any weight on the user scores at metacritic.

Metacritic in general sucks. I use it as an index of reviews and for the coming soon features more than anything else.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2014, 09:36 Verno

The Seahawk defense is pretty ferocious but Manning doesn't sweat the blitz, he'll happily sit in shotgun half the game. I'm really rooting for the Broncos, I can't stand the Seahawks. They're almost an entire team of misfits and dickheads, reminds me of the Raiders bad years.  

News Comments > Thief System Requirements
68. Re: Thief System Requirements Jan 20, 2014, 09:30 Verno

I'm willing to give the new Thief a chance, manual jumping in Thief is really not a make it or break it feature. There are far more important things like AI, the stealth system functionality and so on.  

News Comments > Games for Windows LIVE Deathwatch
38. Re: Games for Windows LIVE Deathwatch Jan 20, 2014, 09:17 Verno

Third party adoption is almost nil at this point so I'm not worried, Microsoft can keep putting out press releases, it's about all they're good for on the PC these days.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
28. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 20, 2014, 09:14 Verno

Jerykk wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 00:28:
Good to see Banner Saga doing well. Well-written, plenty of tough choices, deep combat, fantastic art and a really interesting approach to the genre. I really like the sense of being on a journey, rather than the theme park feeling I get from many RPGs.

What is the combat like? I've heard conflicting things on it. One friend says its pretty good while another dislikes it due to some gimmick about allowing units to live with low health rather than finish them off so high power units can use less turns. I didn't really understand it. I was thinking about picking it up when I'm between games.

News Comments > WoW to Add Level-up Purchases
36. Re: WoW to Add Level-up Purchases Jan 17, 2014, 15:32 Verno

*bitch and moan* Blizzard doesn't sell buying boots to level 90.
*bitch and moan* Blizzard is considering selling boots to 90.

Damn that Blizzard, they really need to pay attention to the boot market.

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Jan 17, 2014, 15:30 Verno

saluk wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 14:59:
I thought sony was crazy for trying to enter the ring when sega and nintendo were the big dogs. I thought microsoft were crazy for entering the ring when sega was a pile of rubble and sony was the big dog with nintendo a distant second.

I thought valve was crazy when they introduced steam.

I think they are crazy for introducing steamos. You have to start somewhere, and usually that somewhere is crazy. I'm not betting for them or against them at this point.

Agreed, everything starts somewhere and if this fails then oh well at least they tried. There isn't much risk here for everyone involved, though I think that's part of the problem. Valve is playing a bit safe, they should have some exclusive software for the platform.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Jan 17, 2014, 13:54 Verno

I have no loyalty to Windows, I run very few Windows apps these days and most of my home use for my PC is gaming. That said I will want to see wider adoption from developers before I go whole hog on SteamOS.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 17, 2014, 13:51 Verno

Iwata's head might be on the chopping block, those forecasts from last year were insane.  

News Comments > Titanfall Alpha Invites Going Out
23. Re: Titanfall Alpha Invites Going Out Jan 17, 2014, 13:23 Verno

harlock wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 18:37:
everything they have said in response to this is pure rationalizations

6vs6 is weak ... unless you are playing slow tactical stuff, which this is not

its about mayhem, otherwise why would they put 40+ AI bots in there

honestly i dont understand why its limited to 12 players unless its a technology issue, which is the most likely explanation... not this "its better that way" spin

Some guy on a forum compared this to a MOBA where you have creeps and heroes. I just had to LOL for awhile, FPS sucks these days.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
80. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 17, 2014, 13:08 Verno

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 12:16:
You debunked nothing.

Hahaha sure except for that whole part where you tried to paint everyone else as a minority that just hates people using "electronic devices" when the reality is exactly the opposite.

But if someone in a case like this doesn't abide by it (for who knows what reason), violence in any sense isn't justified

There's also no justification for throwing a bag of popcorn at someone, both parties escalated beyond the point of reason. It was a stupid, avoidable situation that could have been stopped at several points. I do have an easy way to make sure you aren't targeted by people trolling for texters at the movie theater though - don't do it.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
12. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 17, 2014, 09:54 Verno

wrlwnd wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 08:48:
Unions are what drove most unskilled manufacturing jobs to China and elsewhere.

Duh.

Again my internet sarcasm detector is broken so please tell me this was just humor

News Comments > WoW to Add Level-up Purchases
4. Re: WoW to Add Level-up Purchases Jan 17, 2014, 09:52 Verno

And so it begins.  

78. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 16, 2014, 20:34 Verno

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 19:42:
Stick it. Someone called me I liar, when I in fact did it. My test is better than any test I can read, since well... I did it first hand. You are right it's not ideal to do it, because people just get upset when others use electronics in their presence. But to the story and to several reactions here, no one deserves to get hit or shot at. Anyone believing that is a retard. Texting is silent and almost unnoticeable when you have your 2 cents focused on what it should be.

You stick it, I've already debunked that nonsense twice. We're a gadget based society, people love electronics and this site is full of tech heads. What people don't like is selfish people with no understanding of social etiquette who disrupt things for everyone else. Theaters have policy against it, numerous warnings and etc for a reason because the majority finds it disruptive. As for the story its all been said already - a stupid, avoidable and pointless death by a disturbed idiot brought on by a ridiculous escalation between two parties who acted like children.

This comment was edited on Jan 16, 2014, 20:43.

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 16, 2014, 13:17 Verno

harlock wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 12:15:
i thought the LED was supposed to be a feedback device for games, like a health meter or something

In theory but in practice you have to lean forward a bit and take your eyes off the screen which doesn't feel like a very smart thing to build on. It's basically there for the camera.

74. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 16, 2014, 13:11 Verno

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 12:14:
I didn't test that, but the story mentioned the person in front of, and not on the side. This is like road rage but in a theater.

No one cares about some informal test, it proves nothing at all either way. There is a reason theaters have both policy and very blatant warnings not to use a cell phone in a theater and its because it is disruptive to the majority of moviegoers. You tried to paint people here as some overreactive minority but the reality is that people who don't find them disruptive are the extreme minority and no one is going to cater to them.

It really sucks that this guy lost the psycho lottery and died over something so stupid but no one was advocating that it was ok because he used a cell phone.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 16, 2014, 12:06 Verno

panbient wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 11:41:
A piece of black electrical tape works perfectly as well, but it would be nice if it was an actual option.

Sure that stops the light, it doesn't stop it from draining the battery. There have been some tests showing dramatic differences with the LED on vs off, it's insanely bright and uses a fair bit of power apparently. I really don't want the thing on since I don't use the camera and likely never will, it just forces me to recharge it sooner for no good reason. I can't think of any logical reason they wouldn't let you do this in the system options or something, some dude hacked it together in less than a week while creating an XInput wrapper.

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 16, 2014, 09:55 Verno

There's no future update planned to disable the DualShock 4's light bar, says Yoshida.

Pretty silly, you can disable it on the PC already with some forum dudes hacked wrapper. It serves no purpose unless you have the camera, let people disable it already.

News Comments > Next Hitman Game Detailed
1. Re: Next Hitman Game Detailed Jan 16, 2014, 09:54 Verno

Sounds like they're back on track with this, glad to hear it. Hitman Absolution was a ridiculous diversion from the main franchise that didn't deserve the name.  

14971 Comments. 749 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo