Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 17360 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 24, 2015, 15:23 Verno

My girlfriend dragged me to an Apple store to check out the watches, I was very unimpressed with both the form, functionality and price. I wouldn't buy one myself but I can use her Macbook Pro and see quality there. OS X is actually very respectable, Time Machine owns and the build quality on the hardware is very good. I get why she wanted it. I don't get the obsession with the watch at all, its pure marketing brand bullshit. There is no real value there right now and these devices were largely supplanted by smartphones already. It's a tech regression without any real gain. I think wearables have a future down the road but not watches.  
Playing: The Witcher 3
Watching: True Detective
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Skyrim Free Weekend
40. Re: Skyrim Free Weekend Apr 24, 2015, 15:18 Verno

Looking forward to the hilarious debates here where people who have pirated mods get crapped on by people who have paid for them and all that nonsense.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 24, 2015, 12:54 Verno

Hahaha whatever, seem to be doing fine based on economic metrics and I don't see the social benefits hurting any up there. Canada seems to be doing just fine even despite an oil downturn. I hear more bitching about the liberal governments provincially from Canadians than anything else, even from liberals themselves lol!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2015, 10:57 Verno

Hahaha I was thinking the same thing. I can just see someone stopping to retweet their smoke detector message and not making it out of the house.  

News Comments > Lost GTA5 Accounts Restoration Within 24 Hours
21. Re: Lost GTA5 Accounts Restoration Within 24 Hours Apr 24, 2015, 09:09 Verno

My performance before the first patch was stellar but since then it hasn't been as consistent, framerate is all over the place and there is some stutter where I had none previously. I'm trying to trace what the issue is but nothing changed on my end other than the patch and I've pretty much ruled out local hardware/software problems. Anyone else having similar issues with stutter and inconsistent framerate? At this point it wouldn't surprise me if Rockstar tucked anti-cheat into the patch or something.  

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
33. Re: Mad Max Trailer Apr 24, 2015, 08:49 Verno

Squirmer wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 20:00:
This looks good. The only thing I'm worried about is that the "open world" will be littered with trivial side activities and collectibles (like basically every open world game ever). Just Cause 2 was fine in this regard because it was so crazy and fun at every moment, but if Mad Max has a more serious tone without that craziness, all those trivial activities could get dull.

I'm worried about the same but the whole Assassin's Creed style fighting I saw there was even more bizarre. Definitely a wait and see on this game.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 24, 2015, 08:35 Verno

Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 22:40:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 19:29:
RE:Comcast

Wherein logic prevails. They'll be back though. Too much money for them not to be.

Especially if the GOP win the next election. Then it's full speed ahead and damn the consumers.

Conservatives seem to be doing fine up there hahaha owned son!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 23, 2015, 15:07 Verno

The load time reductions are pretty nice, for the huge areas its not as much but most places I'm seeing 10-15s reductions minimum. Hunters Dream takes like 10 seconds to load now, thank god. The loading screens are more like Demons Souls too.  

News Comments > Steam Launches Paid Mod Support
10. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 14:01 Verno

A lot of people mod for attention/cred so there will always be a free alternative, I can't get worked up over this. Some mods I wouldn't mind paying for anyway (SkyUI for example). Modding has become a bit of a lost art in the industry overall thanks to DLC so whatever encourages more of the practice in my book.  

News Comments > Lost GTA5 Accounts Restoration Within 24 Hours
12. Re: Lost GTA5 Accounts Restoration Within 24 Hours Apr 23, 2015, 12:16 Verno

Affected customers can treat it like an added bonus loading screen  

38. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2015, 16:01 Verno

I totally agree, I can't believe how one dimensional some of the comments are. Police have a tough job, they deserve their compensation and some respect for the things most people won't face in their lifetimes. That being said, they are not above reproach and people totally have a right to discuss this stuff, if for no other reason than to learn when they're right or wrong.

If you had lead with that I don't think anyone would've had an issue either.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide
22. Re: Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide Apr 22, 2015, 15:02 Verno

Interesting stuff. Some reviews show 1440p everything maxed and fxaa running at an average of 50 to 60 fps on a gtx 970. The comments here seem to show that may not be the case. My 670s sli usually perform like a single 970 so your comments a very useful to me. That being said, vram on the 670 will prob hurt my performance. Was going to hold out for Pascale gpus and get the Acer HB270HU this spring or summer. Now I'm secretly hoping the 980ti arrives asap to drop prices of anything below it. Here, the 970s went from $400 to $440 Canadian cause the dollar tanked along with oil prices.

I had to send my first XB270HU back due to backlight bleed, it was severe and distracting. The replacement has been fine though. Don't order that from Newegg by the way, restocking/etc is annoying.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2015, 13:18 Verno

You pretty much said that in your post though:

Are you a Police Officer? Then I kindly ask all of you to SHUT THE FUCK UP. Unless you have the badge you have NOTHING to offer the conversation either way. So quit trying to be a armchair officer until you've lived the life.

That's kind of a roundabout way of saying people can't discuss something unless they've experienced it firsthand which is essentially saying you can't criticize or praise cops unless you've been one.

You can get mad at me too if you want but its really dangerous logic and deserved to be called out. I'm sure we've all made posts where we criticized one job or another despite not having worked it, yourself included. I don't really agree with NKD, he is too dramatic and ignores the day to day stuff in favor of headlines but to be fair your response here was super aggressive and I wouldn't take it well either.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 22, 2015, 09:47 Verno

Still rockin my FireTV, thing owns. Emulators, all of the streaming apps, bunch of native Android games and even runs plex/Kodi.  

News Comments > Rockstar Social Club Accounts Stolen
15. Re: Rockstar Social Club Accounts Stolen Apr 21, 2015, 11:28 Verno

Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 11:12:
I think that many of us have a password that we use for all of our throw-away accounts. I was referring to accounts that this person would not want someone else to get into. Would you use the same credentials on you email, bank, paypal, credit cards, and Steam accounts? That's what I'm talking about. At the very least, the email account that the other accounts are linked to should have a unique and complex password.

People should just use a password manager for this stuff, shared passwords are extremely risky these days.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm in June
23. Re: Heroes of the Storm in June Apr 21, 2015, 09:58 Verno

Although I have spent money on the game, there are plenty of ways to earn gold in game to purchase heroes. I do not regret the money I've spent, but I know others don't have a lot of money. No money is needed. Like Hearthstone, you can complete daily quests to earn gold and even leveling up your heroes and your man avatar earns gold.

Opposite for me, I like this game but I'm not a fan of the business model or rather I think it needs tweaking to be more like Dota 2.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 21, 2015, 09:43 Verno

That wouldn't be us, would it

Guess not

A CMS wouldn't be a bad idea, gotta be easier than cobbling everything with Frontpage. I'm brushing up on my CSS and JS, I'm going to take a crack at a demo page soon as a little project.

News Comments > Alan Wake 2 Prototype Video
12. Re: Alan Wake 2 Prototype Video Apr 21, 2015, 09:10 Verno

PC port was excellent, shame we never got the original more open Silent Hill style game they had been demoing a long time ago.  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Apr 20, 2015, 13:11 Verno

The FBI has a mandate to investigate those kinds of things regardless of the context, guy was an idiot.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
33. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 20, 2015, 08:43 Verno

I can't say I've been impressed with GTA Online either. A seemingly never ending series of loading screens and frustration. When you get a stable session its great but man there is a lot of BS in between.  

17360 Comments. 868 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo