Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 16826 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
26. Re: Into the Black Jan 20, 2015, 13:38 Verno

Creston wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 00:58:
fiftykyu wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 20:33:
It would take you...
21524 continuous hours
2 years,166 days,20 hours,34 minutes
of gameplay to complete your Steam library

Dude...

For some reason this website never works when I enter my profile name, keeps saying it can't find a user with that name even when I make my profile public. And obviously I refuse to log my Steam credentials into some unknown website (And I pity the poor suckers who do.)

Err, its a direct connection to the Steam API servers. You can check the link source on the page yourself. You're safe

Stealing a Steam account is actually fairly difficult thanks to SteamGuard.

Playing: Bloodborne, Pillars of Eternity, DOTA2
Watching: Vikings, Dig, The Jinx
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
36. Re: etc., etc. Jan 20, 2015, 13:33 Verno

yuastnav wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 13:01:
You do realise that "white hat" is actually a real thing, right?

linky

Sigh I know what it is, I just don't think this group will engage in it based on past performances from the SJW crews with their rampant abuse of social media tools meant for actual harassment and their doxxing efforts.

Yeahyeah, its also yet another way for her to collect money for "funding".

News Comments > Out of the Blue
61. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2015, 13:07 Verno

DukeFNukem wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 05:39:
I am no microbiologist, I have no degrees in medicine. My major is in Computer Science. I guarantee there are as many people against vaccinations as there are for vaccinations.

Well now that you've guaranteed it, please provide evidence to support that assertion. We're waiting

Again, when I wake up in the morning and read the news that people are dying left and right from measles(or any other virus for that matter) who have NOT been vaccinated I will pay more attention. Theoretical pandemic's do not interest me at all. Already seen that movie back in 2009. "DOOMSDAY: The Swine Flue Virus - The End of Life on Planet Earth as we Know it - AAAAAAHHHHHH!AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!". While you were running scared to get your H1N1 shot I was probably at home chilling on my computer playing a video game. LOL.

You keep referring to the swine flu as it was proof of something but that had a lot more to do with overblown media than anything else. But since you keep bringing it up, you realize that it resulted in 17000 deaths and that many more were prevented by a global response, right? Something tells me that if smallpox had a resurgence that you would be in line to get your shot along with everyone else.

God help your crusade, if I wake up in the morning and read in the news that people who HAVE been vaccinated are dying of the virus they were vaccinated for.

Uh, sorta like the rhinovirus and many other viruses that mutate constantly? Viruses aren't static, they often mutate and vaccinations need adjustment like anything else. You can absolutely still die from a virus you've been vaccinated against but that's not something that supports an anti-vaccination argument.

You're right, your not going to change my mind with words. Your making all your decisions in a theoretical universe out of fear. I am making mine from a practical perspective out of faith.

Not going to change your mind with words, ok. He provided plenty of statistics and citations then which you read of course, right? Whenever someone starts a sentence with "youre not going to change my mind" I feel like the basic discussion hasn't been entered into in good faith. Speaking of faith, in what exactly? It seems to me you're the one living in fear of theoreticals. Do you demand this level of proof from everything else in your life? Do you refuse to use popular technology and scientific inventions unless every bit of it is personally assured to you?

News Comments > etc., etc.
33. Re: etc., etc. Jan 20, 2015, 12:54 Verno

Another Zoe Quinn venture that will somehow involve taking money behind the scenes I'm sure. "white hat hacking" yeah sounds real legit.

But please white knights, go rescue your damsel in distress. I'm sure she appreciates it...all the way to bank.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisitions Patch to Fix Awkward Silences
12. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisitions Patch to Fix Awkward Silences Jan 20, 2015, 12:50 Verno

InBlack wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 09:26:
Heh still no relevant GUI fixes. Oh apart from being able to apparently walk now. Heh.

Yeah really disappointing, I wonder if they're even going to bother with the supposed PC fixes that were coming or if it was just "throw em a bone to shut them up until 30 day sales period is through".

* Fixed multiplayer to not be a crashy piece of shit is hopefully lumped in there somewhere

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 19, 2015, 14:45 Verno

Fantaz wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 13:49:
Amazon Game Studios is making terrible games, I don't know why they would think it's a good idea to do movies now also...

Due to studios being retarded about licensing rights, sometimes it makes more sense to actually create the content and then sell it yourself or keep it exclusive. That's why Netflix and Amazon are making TV shows and movies now.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2015, 13:11 Verno

The Colts were pretty lackluster for sure and point well taken on the Belichick stuff. I was just surprised he'd even risk Brady getting hurt towards the end there.  

News Comments > Sid Meier's Starships Announced
1. Re: Sid Meier's Starships Announced Jan 19, 2015, 10:07 Verno

Interesting, sounds almost a bit like a turn based Homeworld.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2015, 10:05 Verno

Green Bay falling apart in the 4th quarter was heart breaking, I don't care for the Seahawks. Be interested to see how they do with 2 of their biggest defensive performers potentially out with injuries. New England was ruthless, they were still playing Brady long past it being necessary. Belichick is a dick haha.  

53. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2015, 09:06 Verno

Prez wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 04:59:
I generally avoid the flu shot, though I actually intended to get it this year but haven't yet. All other vaccines I am up to date as are my kids. I was in the military for 9 years and we were mandatory vacc'd every 6 months. I have never been sicker than I inevitably would be after I would get one. I obviously wasn't getting the flu, but I was still getting very sick. Others in my command would as well, so it wasn't just me. I want to get one to see if I am over that but I need to wait until I have some free time to recover if I am not.

I think its just a correlation doesn't imply causation thing. I used to think the same thing but most of the time I get my shots right when stuff is already flying around so it makes sense. It's a very human trait, we try to find the linkage between things even when there isn't really any.

To the broader topic, there are almost no sound reasons to avoid vaccination and a mountain of evidence in favor of it.

So why are you all pissed that I don't want to play russian roulette with my bloodstream?

That's actually what you're doing by avoiding them. One of your earlier comments was a bit weird, it almost felt like a bootstraps kind of argument which is not how your immune system functions. I'm a pretty ripped and healthy person but I'm just as susceptible to a virus as anyone else.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders
97. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 18, 2015, 16:10 Verno

Quboid wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 10:46:

My mild disapproval of Rockstar's handling of this seems to be terribly upsetting to some people.

"I'm surprised Blue hasn't been deleting posts advocating piracy, as he used to."
Literally 5 minutes later:
"As I've already stated...download the song"

OK buddy...

I would just ignore them, in fact I'm forwarding the thread URL to Blue in hopes of him re-iterating the forum rules to some of our more rude members, especially with regards to personal insults. Things are starting to get kind of ridiculous again, we could use another spring cleaning and a clamp down on the BS.

If you don't want to get GTA because of the song thing, fair enough. I'm personally not affected by it but I do understand that line of reasoning. I think you're missing out on a great title but I respect someone standing behind what they think instead of the mindless crying/buying routine that many seem to do.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders
72. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 18, 2015, 01:45 Verno

What is going on here?

As far as I can tell basically one person is really butthurt that people made fun of his preorder and is lashing out at everyone.

I am not preordering this and if people want to make fun of that then go nuts, its my money bitches

I might pick it up later but meh, Pillars of Eternity will keep me busy for awhile.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 15, 2015, 20:16 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 18:40:
Yes, but it was an online chat. It could have been anyone on the other end. That's why it's thin. They neither have visual or audio proof, just that someone claiming to be him was using that account. That's the definition of hearsay. And it's not like feds don't constantly lie through their teeth to get convictions regardless if the suspect is actually guilty or not. It's the reason why taking acting lessons is mandatory for them. The FBI has been doing that for decades now. It makes them far more convincing and credible in their lies.

I think you're stretching here and not being objective because of some personal grievance, the government has a very strong case. It's not hearsay if you directly disclose information to a government agent who is collecting evidence. It's not hearsay if you are arrested in the act with the evidence literally onscreen either. Hearsay doesn't need to prove the truth of an assertion by the way, so long as it's supporting that the person simply said the words. A timestamped log from TOR, along with an administrative account access that just happens to coincide with you revealing to a government agent that you would login is pretty damning. You can argue technicalities til the cows come home and I'm sure this guys lawyer will too but it doesn't look good for him no matter how much you want to legalize pot or whatever nonsense.

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 15, 2015, 15:58 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 15:11:
Not really, all that proves is someone with admin rights opened it. That doesn't at all prove it was him. And given how much piracy and identity theft is going on it could have - theoretically - been anyone.

No, it's the specific DPR account apparently. Doesn't look good for Ross. His lawyer looks like he will do his best with the mysterious "other man, fall guy" thing but the government case has been pretty compelling so far.

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 15, 2015, 13:29 Verno

Ulbricht looks pretty screwed there, caught opening an admin only page that an agent asked him to open seconds beforehand.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
7. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 15, 2015, 13:21 Verno

I'll just wait for release this time around, really liking Dragonfall so far though.  

News Comments > Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash
24. Re: Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash Jan 15, 2015, 13:15 Verno

Darks wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 10:24:
My thoughts on DLC is, don't let the cat out of the bag until your games already been released. Then announce DLC for the game.

Anytime any developer says, they have DLC planed, Everyone usually jumps to that conclusion they already have it in the game and in some way probably short changed us because that was some content that was held back for DLC.

If they are telling the truth or not, its always a perception. And once that's out there. Its hard to shake it off and convince anyone otherwise.

Yeah I agree with you. I don't really want to hear about DLC before release to be honest. People say that they want to know a game is getting "support" but I don't look at DLC as support, that's monetization. Support is patching the game, anti-cheat, etc. The more I hear about DLC before a release, the less likely I am to buy that game. There are exceptions of course but that's mostly companies with proven track records. A Turtle Rock offshoot with a shitty publisher doesn't apply.

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed
99. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 15, 2015, 13:07 Verno

PC games don't hold value very long compared to consoles so just wait a few months and play it then. I'm not going to question why anyone bought the game three times already but hey at least then there's no rush to play it a fourth time right?

Otherwise I suggest hitting up GMG sometime, they usually have 10-20% off new games.

Edit: I don't see GTA V on there at the moment unfortunately. Might wanna keep an eye on this thread.

This comment was edited on Jan 15, 2015, 13:18.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2015, 11:46 Verno

Necrophob wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 11:03:

And as for the Escape from New York remake...please Hollywood, no more...I beg you...

Hollywood is hellbent on remaking everything in PG13, no blood, minimal swearing and jump cut directing where you can't see anything going on. Totally watered down entertainment for the low standards of modern audiences. I can't even say they're wrong for doing so, people keep flocking the theater to see this mediocre crap.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2015, 10:22 Verno

Avatar was such a boring movie in almost every conceivable way, the 3D and spiffy visuals barely kept me awake. It getting one sequel I can understand because James Cameron is a big fucking deal in Hollywood but three is completely absurd. Shit it was absurd for the Hobbit films even.  

16826 Comments. 842 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo