Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 17510 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 8, 2015, 15:03 Verno

Ozmodan wrote on Jun 7, 2015, 20:55:
Computer games are not sports and those esport players are not athletes.

How would you know? Have you actually played at that level and seen what is involved?

Playing: Dark Souls 2: Scholars of the First Sin
Watching: Mr. Robot
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight NVIDIA GameWorks Trailer
8. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight NVIDIA GameWorks Trailer Jun 8, 2015, 14:30 Verno

The stuff shown is pretty impressive and should be a good workout for my 980ti.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 8, 2015, 14:16 Verno

It is always funny to see a 5 year old stuck in a mans body.  

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Jun 8, 2015, 14:12 Verno

The problem with SteamOS is more that yeah it can play a bunch of things but you can also just use Steam with Windows and play everything. It's intended for the living room market where Windows as a UI doesn't make a lot of sense. Valve is seeing a lot of potential markets so they're throwing stuff at the wall hoping something will stick, they have a pretty good track record at doing so.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jun 8, 2015, 12:37 Verno

I played monochrome SimAnt on a Mac classic that I found in my basement last year. With some minor work that crazy thing still booted like no time had passed, I was impressed.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 8, 2015, 11:32 Verno

AMD to usher in a new era of Netbook APU based consoles and rebadged videocards dating back to 2011?  

News Comments > Indie Developers on Steam Refunds
12. Re: Indie Developers on Steam Refunds Jun 8, 2015, 10:30 Verno

Yeah those are fair points Para. As Creston said I suspect it'll be a minor problem at best. Looking at the other side of it some of these devs should be grateful for the exposure, previously indie games have a much tougher time before Steam. A few lost sales is not the end of the world.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2015, 10:28 Verno

I didn't have time to watch it last night but you've piqued my curiosity, gonna have to dig in tonight. As someone mentioned though that seems to follow the trend of the books which have really lost steam and feel directionless.  

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Jun 8, 2015, 09:55 Verno

You pretty much need a Windows PC elsewhere on the home network to stream games to it, if you go by what SteamOS supports natively then it won't be much. I think it makes more sense to just use a SteamLink and a host PC.  

News Comments > Indie Developers on Steam Refunds
3. Re: Indie Developers on Steam Refunds Jun 8, 2015, 09:49 Verno

Creston wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 09:35:
Here's a simple solution: Don't offer games in which the majority of your content can be played through in two hours.

I've played some pretty short but memorable games that tell a quick story and don't overstay their welcome. It would seem wrong to be able to play it through entirely then get a refund but I guess whatever people are comfortable with. I guess devs will adjust by padding if need be.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jun 8, 2015, 09:29 Verno

Ecthelion wrote on Jun 7, 2015, 18:29:
I like Netflix and Amazon Instant Video, but I know that they could drop Star Trek The Next Generation at any time. For a fan, the smart choice is to own the show. The same is true of music.

I don't even trust ownership on many of those services. I had a show yanked I bought off Microsofts stupid Xbox 360 video services thing awhile ago. I had bought what was supposed to be a lifetime license for it but they had some dispute with the content company and yanked it. They just kind of shrugged and offered a credit for $5. I built a giant NAS awhile back and now I just download things that I might want to watch in the future or to show people when they come over. I try to do everything legit where I can but where the content companies make life difficult I improvise and I sleep just fine.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2015, 09:11 Verno

What about the people who do pick up after their pet and their dog happens to come across this property? I would fuck that guy up if he poisoned our dog. Someone gets dog shit on your yard, boohoo don't hurt everyone else for it. That said I do agree with the comment on the story that if this was about squirrels or rabbits no one would care.  

News Comments > Steam Controller Video
30. Re: Steam Controller Video Jun 7, 2015, 04:32 Verno

I'll definitely give it a whirl, I find myself doing a lot more gaming on the HTPC these days.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features
60. Re: NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features Jun 7, 2015, 04:31 Verno

Perfect timing, I need something for consistent 1440p performance on this Acer XB270HU. The 970s were solid but I like just dialing everything up and forgetting about it.  

News Comments > The Witcher III Exp Bug
15. Re: The Witcher III Exp Bug May 28, 2015, 13:32 Verno

I've found that despite the game warning you about stealing you can basically lift 99% of the game world and people won't say boo nor does it seem to affect your prices from merchants, reputation via flavor text or etc.

It's almost a good thing because you need food to such a degree on higher difficulties that I would have problems staying supplied without being able to rob the peasants blind. The only place I've run into a problem was some small Nilf camp in White Orchard.

News Comments > The Witcher III Exp Bug
11. Re: The Witcher III Exp Bug May 28, 2015, 11:31 Verno

ForgedReality wrote on May 28, 2015, 10:54:
I've been doing quests six or more levels ABOVE mine. It's incredibly difficult, and I'm sure I'm going to miss out on some things by doing shit ahead of time, but holy crap this game is too much fun.

Yeah I'm playing on the second highest difficulties and every animation frame matters, the battles are absolutely lethal and its compounded by the frequent level differences I'm seeing. Makes for a very challenging experience that is still rewarding and fun, can't imagine playing on Normal or etc.

News Comments > The Witcher III Patched
82. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 28, 2015, 10:55 Verno

Hit the point in the game where you find out more about what happened with your relationship with Triss, spoilery stuff below:

Apparently you broke up between games, seems kind of weird because if you go down that road in Witcher 2 they have a very strong relationship with no hint of problems. Its a strange decision to take away the choice the player made in the prior game but oh well, I guess its done for story purposes related to the books?

You can still "romance" Triss in this one too it seems.

Don't sleep with both Triss and Yenn in one run unless you're prepared for the consequences, it can affect the ending

News Comments > Oculus Rift Price Discussed
1. Re: Oculus Rift Price Discussed May 28, 2015, 09:39 Verno

So $450-600 for the Rift itself then? Yeesh a bit higher than I thought.  

News Comments > WildStar Goes Free-to-Play
1. Re: WildStar Goes Free-to-Play May 28, 2015, 09:28 Verno

That's cool, I wanted to spend more time with this in beta but got wrapped up with other stuff. I'll definitely give it another chance.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
11. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 28, 2015, 08:44 Verno

NetHead wrote on May 27, 2015, 23:46:
Paranoid Jack wrote on May 27, 2015, 21:50:
...yet we still do most of our business with them?

Like you or anyone else has an option lol. If there's only a single country in the world that could crash everything by literally doing nothing it's China.

China would also crash if America stopped buying its goods, our economies are so intertwined that these sorts of comparisons are silly.

17510 Comments. 876 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo