Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 14971 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
70. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 27, 2014, 09:16 Verno

Redmask wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 09:07:
It does make it ok for them to sell the game. Whether you or I agree morally with the behavior is a different matter and all we can really do is vote with our wallets and warn other people not to buy early access games. I strongly dislike early access games and refuse to purchase any because I do not agree that it will be ultimately good for the industry as a whole. I do not however feel that anyone is entitled to a refund when they had full warning before hand. I recall you telling people in a previous matter that if people didn't heed the text then its their own fault.

I agree with what you're saying here but with one caveat, they can't just explain away everything with the early access tag. If I buy something on Steam and it literally never functions or is radically different from the initial purchase description but was given an early access tag, does that make it ok? Is it my fault or the developers? Do I get a refund? Obviously its an extreme example but there are situations where it might be called for. I don't think this is one of them but I don't like the idea of ruling out refunds altogether because you will always have someone (a user or a developer) who abuses the system.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
50. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 21:39 Verno

JD, Verno, Beamer, care to give redmask his obligatory reach-around?

This thread is hilarious! The four posters who got butthurt along the "lets argue with Axis" highway in the past banding together to troll and insult while calling out "foul!" and patting each others backs.

Haha sure its a big conspiracy from random unconnected internet people who don't know you from adam..or maybe you're the common denominator and your big mouth got you into trouble again.
No one made you troll this thread or make wild claims about the Wii U in the past. All I wanted you to do was put the big boy pants on and admit you were wrong, simply because you were so obnoxious about it in the past. I don't really care about your ongoing feud with other people or whatever it is you have going on. As far as I can see you got dogpiled a bit but you can't say you didn't have it coming.

Anyways getting back on topic, I have to say it's a bit worrying when the Bone can't do a stable 30+ fps on last gen stuff.

37. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 14:46 Verno

Axis wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 13:28:
Again where do read into my comments of my own enjoyment somehow dictating success or failure? Can't argue with reality, it's not selling well and I've stated as much time and time again.

Yeah no sugar coating it, you were wrong about the Wii U. As for its success/failure, the comment that "well I enjoyed it so whatever" comes off looking like handwaving. People tend to have confirmation bias with their purchases so when people bring it up in a discussion about other stuff things get a bit distorted. You sort of brought this on yourself anyway by making the snarky comment about FPS.

This comment was edited on Jan 24, 2014, 14:53.

29. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 13:33 Verno

NBA Live 14 is a train wreck, you might want to rethink that.  

News Comments > Resident Evil 4 SD & HD Comparison
15. Re: Resident Evil 4 SD & HD Comparison Jan 24, 2014, 12:38 Verno

Please don't give Capcom money unless its for Dragon's Dogma 2  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2014, 12:37 Verno

I drink beer socially but have never really loved it. I'd much prefer to have a "hard" drink or a nice glass of wine with dinner.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
20. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Jan 24, 2014, 11:40 Verno

Creston wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 18:55:
This is just Assassin's Creed : Mordor.

Weirdest premise for a game ever. Hey you're some half ghost guy, now go assassinate some Mordor dudes!!1 whoa the kids will love it!

That footage is so AC it hurts.

19. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 11:03 Verno

Shineyguy wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 10:59:
When it comes to total units sold, for a completely unbiased comparison to be done an item needs to be sold in all the same markets. Or to make the comparison you only figure in the markets where both are available. Since we can't do that then we can only speculate.

It's impossible to have a completely unbiased comparison, market conditions and several different factors like pricing differential make it always a rough 1 to 1 thing. For the purposes of discussion people can compare them without making silly qualifiers about territories which sound more like excuses than anything else.

Regardless of available markets, the Xbox One is selling quite well, they're only 300,000 units behind the PS4 despite being available in less than half the countries where the PS4 can be purchased.

I think it's selling better than they deserve at that price point but again the idea that it being in more markets would make a significant difference is an unknown. We don't know how much better just like we don't know what difference it will make in the territories Sony didn't launch in. Microsoft chose the markets it would sell the most units in and Sony chose to spread its stock out thinner in more territories. I'm not sure your sales data is accurate either but I haven't checked lately.

Both consoles are going to sell well going forward and hopefully have a lot of great games is the important thing.

16. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 10:58 Verno

Shineyguy wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 10:54:
I don't remember much murdering happening. After the Xbox 360 release Sony dropped their pricing pretty quickly, and PS3 sales picked up. For a long time Xbox 360 was behind, only near the end of their respective life cycles did Xbox 360 start outpacing PS3.

The PS3 price wasn't competitive with the Xbox 360 until 3 years in when they started introducing lesser SKUs and significant price cuts. Microsoft then introduced base ($249) and Elite SKUs ($299) to offset that. PS3 sales in general were very inconsistent until late 2009 onward. Microsoft capitalized on their mistakes and crushed it in North America.

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 10:54 Verno

You seem to think any of this matters though. See my answer below. Microsoft cherry picked the countries where it thought it could do the most sales and so did Sony. Microsoft released more stock into less territories, they have now have a stock surplus because of that. That is their mistake though and we don't really know how it would have sold so guessing is pointless. Likewise Sony didn't release in Japan which could skew the numbers greatly...or have no effect at all. All people can do is compare totals sold which is a fair comparison right now regardless of who released in what territory when.

I hope this topic doesn't come up every month, both consoles are going to sell pretty well as they have strong brands and corporate entities backing them. Both will have good games and all that. People really don't need to get all worked up over it.

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 10:23 Verno

Shineyguy wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 09:39:
Re: Forbes article on console sales - The Xbox isn't available in less than half of the markets that the PS4 is.

PS4 is available in 48 countries.
Xbox One is available in 21 countries.

Now how much this can affect overall sales I can't say, but one would think that being available in over twice the markets as your competitor would mean that you would make more sales potentially.

Microsoft released more consoles in less countries, which is why there is now a stock surplus. Their mistake shouldn't really change how the scales are weighted. They specifically cherry picked countries where they thought they would do the most sales.

Titanfall will probably move a lot of consoles if its marketed properly too so I don't expect this sales gap to last forever. We're a few months into a 10 year thing and people are expecting one side to just fuck off already, its amusing

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated "M"
85. Re: why??? Jan 24, 2014, 09:22 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 16:27:
I could see my flag - and was "DEFENDING" - not sure why I got in trouble for "camping" while defending. Wasn't in a corner, was out in the open, they just didn't look around when they came into the area with the flag - had their blinders on. oh well.

I was on a BF4 server last night, using the Mobile AA to shut down their air. I kill the admin who was failing to be a skylord and get "Vernoz do not sit in spawn" in chat. Ok, I'm not even near the uncap but fine its his server, I move a bit. I kill some other people and him again. "Vernoz move or get banned". Exasperated I move way too far forward, almost right outside their uncap. Finally they still can't kill me (not because I'm particularly good, just they're playing horribly) and the Admin says "Vernoz don't baserape". Laughing, I closed BF4 and went to read a book. Games are fun, gamers suck.

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 09:02 Verno

Wii U Watch Dogs possibly cancelled

Ouch if true. The story right now is based on a single retailer delisting the SKU though which is sort of dubious. Ubisoft was the only big company left making third party stuff and Watch Dogs is one of the marquee releases of the year.

34. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 08:42 Verno

This is why it would have been smarter not to mention the Wii U at all  

41. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated Jan 23, 2014, 13:06 Verno

Parias wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 13:04:
Hammer wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 11:51:
Skyrim Coop - give me that, and I'm in heaven.

Yeah, why couldn't they just do this? I would've forked over money without a second thought for a co-op enabled addon for Skyrim. In contrast, this full-blown MMO holds very little interest for me.

Do people really want this though? Everything about Skyrim is centered around the player, it would completely bust most of the scripting and the game is poorly balanced as it is. I don't see how you could do something like this without a complete redesign of the game. I don't want co-op in Bethesda games unless it would be done in a meaningful way.

38. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated Jan 23, 2014, 13:03 Verno

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 12:56:
I've used to play on a WaW server that was all Christian people.
The games were good and I've enjoyed the Christian debates in the chat, made for some fun nights.
As long as you don't take them seriously, funny to hear how upset some people can get over certain subjects.
Regardless most people in those games were adults and the games were fun even though it was a CoD title. I think that was the last CoD I've enjoyed playing online.

Hahah you played on Men of God, didn't you? I used to love listening to those wackos try to convert random CoD teenagers who would unleash a verbal abuse that would make a sailor raise an eyebrow.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 23, 2014, 12:38 Verno

Axis wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 11:42:
Most 1080p games on the WII U run at 60fps. Just thought I'd throw that out there...

The Wii U is only running older gen ports and Nintendo games going forward so that's neither here nor there. It also took a lot of work to optimize those games to that state and a few companies mentioned the financial return on that work was dreadful so they won't be doing it again. With a PPC chip and the equivalent of a lower end Radeon 4xxx in it I'm not expecting much going forward.

That said I buy a Nintendo system for Nintendo games and I don't care about framerates or resolution in that regard unless they're awful.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches
43. Re: Star Citizen Hits $37M; Organization System Launches Jan 23, 2014, 12:26 Verno

BobBob wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 18:00:
I wonder how many starving children $37,0000,000 could feed.

I wonder how many starving children the investments you never shut up about could feed.

5. Re: TimeLines: Assault On America Preorders Jan 23, 2014, 10:01 Verno

Klaus Flouride wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 09:53:
InBlack wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 09:27:
Ugh....I love the Elder Scrolls but this just looks....awful...

It won't matter how good or bad it is, the servers will be shut within a year. I think the day of massive subs to any game are over.

I disagree, they will just go full sub to recoup costs faster then switch to F2P.

I do agree with InBlack though, the beta was boring.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 23, 2014, 09:30 Verno

Well played.  

14971 Comments. 749 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo