Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 17526 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 27, 2015, 08:50 Verno

That Jared Fogle story is messed up on so many levels. I have a friend who owns a few Subway franchises that I feel really bad for. Hes deeply religious and doesn't even want to be associated with the brand anymore but hes leveraged financially for now and stuck. I hope they don't get punished by consumers because he could lose everything.  
Playing: Dark Souls 2: Scholars of the First Sin
Watching: Mr. Robot
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter
40. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Aug 27, 2015, 08:34 Verno

Redmask wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 07:48:
Speaking of milking, isn't D:OS about to release on the new consoles? el oh el. I wonder how long after they start getting that sweet console money before you start whining about their design integrity. How will you reconcile your hypocrisy when they start making decisions that include how the sequel will work with a controller? I give it a year before you're strangely silent on this topic.

I just googled this since I thought you were joking but sure enough, they are making a release for the PS4 and Xbox One apparently. That is...surprising to say the least and really makes me question how much they need this Kickstarter. They already said in the past that they had made enough money to make this game without doing another then backtracked on that. I guess to be fair they are a small company so every bit helps. From the technical side of things their UI wasn't stellar on the PC, let alone the consoles. I guess I can't blame them for trying to make more money but I hope it doesn't affect their future games.

Oh well, I'll look for this on a steam sale down the line after its been patched up and all that.

You really have no idea what you're talking about. You act like Obsidian is Activision or something. Newsflash: Obsidian is not rolling in money. Like any other work-for-hire studio, their survival is entirely dependent on each project they sign. With publishers growing increasingly conservative and moving development in-house, signing said projects is only getting harder, which is why Obsidian is working on weird, non-RPG stuff like Armored Warfare. A studio of that size needs to be working on multiple projects at any given time. They have to take whatever they can get. If the PoE kickstarter had failed, Obsidian would have had to let people go.

So yes, Obsidian definitely took a risk with PoE.

Agreed. I don't know why it would ever be in question, we already did this a month ago, you pretty conclusively won that debate.

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed Syndicate Delayed
3. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Syndicate Delayed Aug 26, 2015, 16:03 Verno

Shineyguy wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 15:54:
Likely fallout from the extremely botched PC release of Batman....

I'm sure it was a factor but more likely it was their own botched release of AC: Unity. Unity had serious problems at launch so if they need an extra month then hey whatever. I find it hard to get worked up over an AC game delay, if I just wait a week I'm sure another one will come out

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter
14. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Aug 26, 2015, 12:06 Verno

I don't think I'll bother backing this one, still waiting on that edition with a lot of balance/fixes for the first game anyway. If its good I'll just pick it up on Steam later. Looks like they will make it without my money no matter what so /shrug.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2015, 11:45 Verno

Jivaro wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 10:43:
So I wake up this morning and click on my news based homepage and see a headline indicating that a reporter and cameraman were shot and killed on live TV, in Virginia I believe, while doing an interview.

While I am reading the text I start to hear a woman talking. "Oh, there is an ad or something on the page.." I think to myself and scroll around to find it and add it to my blocker. Takes me less than a second to find the video and than I realize too slowly what it really is. Before my non-caffeinated brain can tell my mouse hand to close the window gunshots are going off, the cameraman hits the floor and the women are screaming. Due to my lack of caffeine and the poorly placed video I just woke up to two people getting killed right in front of me. Holy hell..those poor people and their families.

Fuck you Internet. Going to be a great day, I am sure.

Yeah that whole story is beyond fucked up, I'm glad I turned it off before I saw the whole thing.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
10. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 26, 2015, 11:18 Verno

Frags4Fun wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 10:58:
Verno wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 09:57:
You guys are unreal, its obvious satire. The last point in the article should've made that even more obvious than the rest.

Unfortunately, about a 1/3 of the way through the moral part I lost interest in what the person was saying and never reached the end. Live and learn.

With some work, it might have even been funny but it seemed to be poorly executed. The Onion usually makes some very funny satire but apparently the Register isn't anywhere near as clever as the crew at the Onion.

Article was moderately amusing and I had no problems parsing it, there's no accounting for taste.

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
15. Re: Diablo III Patched Aug 26, 2015, 10:09 Verno

Sounds good, see you on battle.net then!  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 26, 2015, 09:57 Verno

You guys are unreal, its obvious satire. The last point in the article should've made that even more obvious than the rest.  

News Comments > Dying Light: The Following Trailer
7. Re: Dying Light: The Following Trailer Aug 26, 2015, 08:42 Verno

Rigs wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 00:32:
Hey, I'm still trying to finish the original! No really, I'm like 25% in. I just started about four days ago...yeah, yeah, I had a back log, ok?

EDIT: Oh! And, btw, for those that were so sure I didn't know how to configure my system (ahem...HARLOCK!) and this was the reason I was getting shitty fps? Well, I updated last night to the 1.5.0 patch, finally, and it's smooth as *(^$# butter! I knew it wasn't my system! This is exactly the same thing that happened with GTA5 when I first got it. It ran like ASS. to the point of being unplayable but after two patches...runs smooth as silk. So, again, I say, texture streaming issues are the game's fault! Yeah, I have a crappy 1gb 7850 but it still holds it's own...

=-Rigs-=

No offense but I can't believe you're trying to play these games with a 1GB videocard. I guess maybe I'm too used to all of my high res bells and whistles but I couldn't do that.

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
13. Re: Diablo III Patched Aug 26, 2015, 08:36 Verno

PHJF wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 22:11:
I don't know if they'll backtrack on something so pointedly old-school, an effort to blatantly pander to series veterans that do nothing but bitch about how the older games are better.

Don't worry, we don't play Diablo 3 anymore!

Some of us do, it's a much better game now.

News Comments > Risen 3 Graphics Rise
22. Re: Risen 3 Graphics Rise Aug 25, 2015, 15:03 Verno

The combat in Risen never quite clicked for me and I found the writing just off somehow. I just sort of lost interest early on and moved onto other titles. Maybe I'll give it a go again in the future.  

News Comments > The Phantom Pain PvP Not Paywalled
13. Re: The Phantom Pain PvP Not Paywalled Aug 25, 2015, 12:52 Verno

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 10:42:

Pretty much the same. We all played MGS on the NES because back then there weren't 800 million games to pick from. I picked up Zero when it came out for the PS4 and it was pretty cool, but I've not played any of the games between the two. I just watched a history of the series and it looks like all I missed was one of the most convoluted, confusing, and frankly idiotic stories of all time. The gameplay in Zero was great, though, and I'm looking forward to Phantom Pain.

Indeed, Metal Gear has one of the most bizarre, incomprehensible stories and even just trying to do a tl;dr version of it produces something insane sounding. This game on the other hand is the opposite of most of the previous games, almost all gameplay and very little story which suits me fine. One of the older games I had to sit through a 30 minute story segment that put JRPGs to shame.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity: The White March: Part I Released
15. Re: Pillars of Eternity: The White March: Part I Released Aug 25, 2015, 12:47 Verno

Looks like tons of improvements here, be happy to check this out when I'm done with Dark Souls 2. I never had any noticeable problems with load times but I was running it on an SSD.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2015, 11:11 Verno

1badmf wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 10:48:
i shoulda said i'm not new to this, just wondering if someone knew something i didn't.

apparently the only sound card that can hardware decode dolby is the old audigy2 line. i just bought one for $38 bucks off amazon, but i was wondering if someone knew a way to, say, do it in software from a spdif source. i kludged together something years ago but it was laggy as fuck. was hoping someone came up with a better solution in the intervening time. it's really surprising no one has considering i'm sure what i'm trying to do is pretty common - hook up their console to their PC's a/v system.

It's not that common, most people have separate setups for consoles and PCs because they tend to be physically separated in the household. There used to be a lot more options before most of the soundcard vendors died off but nowadays its a wasteland since its fairly niche. Anyways my advice is to get a cheap receiver but good luck with whatever you decide.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Night Operations Next Month
8. Re: Battlefield 4 Night Operations Next Month Aug 25, 2015, 11:05 Verno

Task wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 10:59:
Servers should just ban the IRNV from being equippable on a Night map, if they even have the possibility.

You can't unfortunately. You can ban weapons in a very clumsy way through plugins but not attachments. Or at least I've never found a way, if anyone has one that would be awesome. An admin can sit around banning people he sees using one but that's about it.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Night Operations Next Month
4. Re: Battlefield 4 Night Operations Next Month Aug 25, 2015, 10:21 Verno

Yeah that was always my problem with the night map in BF3, everyone just used IRNV. Hell a ton of people just use them in day maps even.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 25, 2015, 09:58 Verno

Can't wait to play Mega man 2 again. The only game to make me controller toss more than From Software titles.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2015, 09:52 Verno

It depends. TrueHD and DTS HD? Nope. Just Dolby Digital or DTS? I'm sure there are some overpriced soundcards which can do it. I know Asus makes one that does Dolby, not sure about DTS. You could also see if your motherboard supports it but I doubt it, most just do passthru. Maybe some monster Asus model that costs $300 might but you would have to check their website. I remember seeing some weird external boxes that did this awhile ago but I think they just output 2.0 after decoding.

To be honest it sounds like a really convoluted setup, I would just get a cheap receiver and call it a day. You want your PC to act like a receiver but its never going to be great at that. Less hassle and probably less time/money spent overall. What you want is perfectly doable if you can live with 2.0 sound though.

A long time ago I did recordings of PS2 games and had it all hooked up to my PC. It was a kludge of wires and annoyances, things never quite worked right and it cost me way more than I anticipated. I was stuck with stereo sound as well. I ended up tossing the whole setup and getting a $150 receiver.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 25, 2015, 09:13 Verno

Twitter will start declining soon. The generational overlap has moved to other chat/post services and while celebrities will keep it afloat for awhile I think we'll see user base declines in the next year.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
14. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 25, 2015, 09:06 Verno

While we're talking about privacy, I was reading the other day that they were charging for user profile deletion but never actually deleted the information. That's some despicable shit right there and definitely grounds for a lawsuit.  

17526 Comments. 877 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo