Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 15513 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Yager: No Spec Ops: The Line Sequel
24. Re: Yager: No Spec Ops: The Line Sequel Jul 21, 2014, 14:43 Verno

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Jul 21, 2014, 14:06:
They could have been more subtle.

Given the usual audience for these games, no they really couldn't be more subtle and still get the point across

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Yager: No Spec Ops: The Line Sequel Jul 21, 2014, 12:14 Verno

ItBurn wrote on Jul 21, 2014, 11:32:
Yeah, no. The devs wanted to make a fun game with a good story that would make players think. I know it sounds cool to think that they'd make it feel like a grind on purpose, but it's just not the case. They simply failed.

Well no, the nature of subjective opinions and all that. A lot of people enjoy that style of game, particularly in their target demo which was console players. If you throw out the name of your favorite game I'm sure you'll find several people telling you how bad it is.

I thought the gameplay was serviceable and the set pieces were entertaining, my complaints were more about the control setup being awkward on the PC.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2014, 11:34 Verno

I got near some duck eggs near our house to see what the ducks were doing in our bushes, didn't even touch them but apparently this was taboo because they were abandoned shortly afterward  

3. Re: Yager: No Spec Ops: The Line Sequel Jul 21, 2014, 09:29 Verno

Squirmer wrote on Jul 21, 2014, 09:11:
Alternatively, the "intellectual approach" is the only thing that made an otherwise stock standard cover shooter stand out in any way.

Agreed, the gameplay was totally unremarkable and they couldn't really revisit the shooter tropes with the same dramatic effect. It was a great commentary and forced some introspection on the player in a genre designed to hide morality and motivation behind convenient villains but I wouldn't want a sequel. After all its sort of lampooning the shooter industry so a sequel would almost feel like a betrayal of sorts.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2014, 09:13 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 23:28:
Is there a name for this little fantasy world you guys live in? This is one of the advantages of having studied history and poli sci in university, I see the world as it really is.

Yep you're an expert on everything alright Rolleyes

News Comments > Diablo III Two-Handed Weapon Changes
27. Re: Diablo III Two-Handed Weapon Changes Jul 19, 2014, 17:33 Verno

Krovven wrote on Jul 19, 2014, 11:51:
And for the people that said 2h would be fine at lvl 70 in RoS, when from beta it was already clear they would not

Oh, who said that? I thought outside of release for a brief window that 2Hers have been pretty garbage all along.

This comment was edited on Jul 19, 2014, 18:01.

News Comments > Into the Black
13. Re: Into the Black Jul 18, 2014, 12:53 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 20:57:
Why is Weird Al spoofing that? This generation of shallow, empty, vacuous kids who celebrate style over substance is nothing that should be promoted. If anything those idiotic kids are guaranteed to be the next generation of career fast-food workers. It's just a shame so much tax money has to be wasted on them.

Your thought process is bizarre. Why is Weird Al doing what hes always done and golly that new generation of kids sure are disappointing!?! Why is so much tax money (not) being spent on them!

10. Re: Diablo III Two-Handed Weapon Changes Jul 18, 2014, 12:24 Verno

Theo wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 12:02:
I cant remember if i am right about the facts, but my impression about 2h vrs 1h was mostly a gem issue with a little stat swing

PS not saying this stuff isnt welcome, or needed, just calling out the standard 4 v 8 stat budget argument.

Yeah you could be right dude, I don't know its been awhile since I played. I might load up PTR sometime and check it out but right now the Destiny beta is too darned fun.

I haven't looked closely at legendary gems

I only took a brief look at a loot table link but like Skill said it seemed that all of the legendary gems on PTR were jewelry only.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
28. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 18, 2014, 12:08 Verno

NKD wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 10:29:
But the mentality that for people to lose their job someone must have done something wrong is short sighted and naive

Sure markets change and shit happens. In this case though we have plenty of precedent. But whatever I can see where this is headed with the usual suspects. I guess I just feel more responsible to people working under me than others here. We lose people but I never feel good about it and no one sends out dipshit HR drivel about synergy and realignment. No one is saying Microsoft is the devil or that it isn't necessary but I think its a shame considering the missed opportunities and short sighted leadership. Hopefully this type of example will lead to less of this in the future instead of more.

2. Re: Diablo III Two-Handed Weapon Changes Jul 18, 2014, 10:15 Verno

Yeah exactly. 2H has what, 4 mainstats? Dual wield gives you a potential 8 to use. 2H will need pretty significant legendary bonuses to make up that differential. It's a start but yeah, probably going to need additional tuning. I got pretty bored of the game awhile ago and kinda tuned out though so no clue what the 2H on PTR are like.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 18, 2014, 10:12 Verno

From that article:

Here's the other thing about thermal paste…you can never really know if you got it right.

What the fuck? Haha. The only way to do it wrong is to use too much and a basic Google search will reveal several video tutorials. Or just use the stock heatsink if incompetence runs that high, you can get a moderate O/C on even the shitty Intel HSF if you have decent airflow in the case.

Also overclocking is hard? Don't do it then, its not like you even need to these days. They have software that basically does everything for you including load testing and finding stable configs. Terrible "article".

News Comments > Areal Videos
2. Re: Areal Videos Jul 18, 2014, 10:09 Verno

Yeah it's a little confusing because they're contradicting earlier statements. The videos are too dark for me to really make much of it either way.  

25. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 18, 2014, 09:48 Verno

Enahs wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 09:39:
That 25 millions dollars he got as a bonus, could be used to pay each of those employees $833. It is irrelevant to the discussion.

I disagree but I suspect we're just going to delve off into everyones personal definition of capitalism. I do not take a bonus while people in my department are losing their jobs en masse regardless of how well our division is doing relative to the rest of the company.

Saying it is because Windows 8 or XBoxOne is doing bad, is just ignorant. They are not doing great, but they are not actually doing horrible either.

Literally one user said that, no one else.

23. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 18, 2014, 09:37 Verno

NKD wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 09:33:
Yeah, its a big deal. Just like the acquisition was a big deal to begin with. But it doesn't spell out doom or gloom.

Who said anything about doom and gloom? Can't it just fucking suck for people losing their job, especially those who are essentially getting sacked while management gets rewarded?

21. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 18, 2014, 08:59 Verno

Lots of people trying to downplay this, 6000 Microsoft workers and 12000 Nokia employees being sacked is a big deal. Meanwhile the Nokia guy gets a 25mil bonus and Microsoft continues to post strong financials. Yep nothing wrong with this!

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online on Steam
26. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online on Steam Jul 17, 2014, 22:03 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 19:58:
6-12 months, and right most of the time. Christ, I remember how many people jumped down my throat when I called it on SWTOR.

I'm pretty sure everyone was saying that about TOR, its development was a train wreck. They spent something like 250mil on it, insane. These days you can pretty much say it about any MMO, its just the way the business model has gone. Unless your name is Blizzard or you carve out a niche then subs have to be optional before too long otherwise you lose your base to the next game.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities
36. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 17, 2014, 21:50 Verno

Axis wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 21:36:
Oh give me a fucking break man, it was an accurate observation and not an insult like 99% of the bullshit here. I stated his purpose is to troll people he has on ignore while he talks about games instead of playing them as a response - that's it, absolutely true and no calling him names, telling others to ignore him, nothing. Yet he pops into threads constantly where people he has on ignore are quoted and insults them with said bullshit.

The problem with that reasoning is he didn't do that here. He didn't do anything to you or anyone else, he just posted something about the game. You made the decision to troll him on purpose for no reason which violates the first of only 4 forum rules that are literally provided in plain text before every post you make. It was your fault so suck it up and move on. I have had posts moderated too when I stepped out of line and there's nothing else to it except c'est la vie. Plus let's be honest here, you get away with it more often than not so I wouldn't be so quick to criticize site management. There are very few forums that are so lax in policy as this one, it took even RollinThundr years of shitposting to get banned.

Frankly it is pretty easy to take apart nins arguments so its not like theres even a need to wage some weird personal vendetta against him, he provides plenty of on-topic ammo all of the time to make him look bad.

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2014, 21:58.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities
34. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 17, 2014, 20:50 Verno

Axis wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 18:35:
Some people are natural Brown Newsers...

Hey whatever I didn't make you post that crap about nin for no reason, take some responsibility for your actions. When you post nonsense like what I quoted and that earlier silliness you can't really complain about being moderated. The above is something I would expect from my 5 year old, you're a better poster than that.

Divinity is a pretty fun game that deserves better discussion than this and I'm sure no one clicking on this wants to read about forum vendettas.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 17, 2014, 16:23 Verno

Can't say I'll miss it, I can get TV via streaming anywhere these days.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2014, 14:48 Verno

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 13:05:
Who wants a PS4 Destiny beta code? I have 2 to give away.

OK, WTF? Bungie has the firehose turned on! 13.2Gb in 47 seconds! Wow. Nevermind, it was 3Gb in 47 seconds. Still fast, but now I am DLing 10Gb.

If you get in, you'll have to keep trying to connect to PSN and then Bungie.

PSN is unfortunately shitting the bed at the moment, Sony needs to stop partnering with Rackspace this shit is getting ridiculous with every big game launch taking down the auth and other servers.

15513 Comments. 776 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo