Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 16181 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition
24. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 18, 2014, 14:59 Verno

siapnar wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 14:21:
NegaDeath wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 13:22:
Not Darks but I've got it maxed out here too and it's sublime. I have a 3570k CPU OC'd to 4Ghz and the MSI 4G 970
Nice, I've also got a 3570k OC'd to 4Ghz

I was thinking about getting the MSI 970 but my MSI 570 OC hasn't been all that stable.
Have you encountered any issues?

My MSI 970 4G is perfectly stable OC'd, in fact it still runs at lower temps/noise levels than the card it replaced. I can get mine way up to +150 core +500 mem stable. It is a fantastic card, I can't believe how quiet these things are even at load.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
7. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Nov 18, 2014, 13:02 Verno

Haven't tested it yet but from a buddy:

C:Users\user name\Document\My Games\Far Cry 4\gamerprofile.xml

Change

MouseAcceleration="1"

to

MouseAcceleration="0"

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer
49. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 11:36 Verno

Creston wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 11:32:
Okay, I'm going to upgrade my graphics card for DA:I, because I want to see it at its most gorgeous.

Anyone have any experience playing this with Mantle? Is it worth getting a Radeon card, or should I just go with a 970?

Also, apologies for the 287 posts in a row.

Go with a 970 man, price to performance it can't be beat at the moment. I got the MSI but I hear good things about the Asus card as well.

Also for the SSD concerns I checked my drive usage in samsung magician before and after and didn't notice anything significant, assuming it was tracking it properly.

I would not trust Magician for anything to be honest, its a pretty poorly made application. The optimization section of it does some pretty dubious things and about the only reason I keep it installed is fast firmware updates. I have a full toolkit of SSD related stuff at home, I will check it out when I get the game and see what its doing in terms of writes. I'm not overly worried though thanks to firmware wear leveling implementations and whatnot.

News Comments > Forza Horizon 2 Listed for PC?
4. Re: Forza Horizon 2 Listed for PC? Nov 18, 2014, 11:15 Verno

Ahh ok, thanks for the info.  

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
285. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 18, 2014, 09:57 Verno

Hahah well Eraser, guess who defended Simcity?

Anyways its not really SP vs MP or connection or not. Its about expectations. If people expect offline functionality then they care when its taken away. No one likes having less options. If they don't expect it then they don't care as much, if at all.

This would normally be open/shut but Kickstarter muddies the waters. I hope people learn a lesson about crowdfunding after this.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer
39. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 09:54 Verno

Drayth wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 03:08:
Someone on the forum the other day mentioned that the encrypting of the exe happens in memory, not constant writes to the drive. I have it on my SSD, and kept a close eye on the HD light on my case. It doesn't go crazy at all when running the game, just lights up about as much as one would expect.

Err you won't tell by the LED light, writes happen so quickly on an SSD there is no way they could be in sync with it. You have to watch the resource monitor and see the actual activity.

With wear leveling though I doubt this would ever be an issue. When I pick up the game one day I will run a test on this, check the before/after.

News Comments > Forza Horizon 2 Listed for PC?
2. Re: Forza Horizon 2 Listed for PC? Nov 18, 2014, 09:46 Verno

It's probably just a listing error but I think Forza would do really well on the PC. They're not my kind of games but racing enthusiasts are a pretty hardcore/spendy community on the PC platform.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2014, 09:41 Verno

Yeah wow. This is probably one of the craziest release days I can remember. I'm going for Far Cry 4 until more people weigh in on DA:I. GTA V I'm waiting for the PC version, I sold my PS3 copy awhile ago about 20% in because the load times and visuals weren't up to snuff.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 4
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 4 Nov 18, 2014, 09:40 Verno

Still hadn't unlocked on Uplay by the time I left for work but I will check it out later for sure. Got it for free for my videocard, between The Crew and AC: Unity it was an easy choice.

I was disappointed to hear the grappling hook is only for preset spots in the world though, big missed opportunity there.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer
37. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 08:58 Verno

How about people just keep their piracy stuff to themselves then we don't need to have these silly discussions? I've never understood that mentality. It's not enough to get something for free, you have to go on the internet and brag about it too. On a website where we have developers and other members of the industry. It's really inconsiderate and frankly it doesn't impress anyone that you downloaded gigabytes of shit or whatever.

It's really hard to fault publishers for their attitudes about PC/piracy when people here are being the literal stereotype they complain about. Have your little piracy demo and maybe show the slightest bit of gratitude by not throwing it in their faces.

Now onto actual games, I got this for free with my videocard and did the preload but UPlay still hasn't unlocked it Anyone else having the same thing? I thought it would release at midnight.

232. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 15:29 Verno

Dacron wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 15:03:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 14:02:
E:D looks like a nice enough game but nothing I've seen suggests it's anywhere close to SC in any respect (gameplay, graphics, userbase, depth, etc), nor would I expect it to given it was developed at a fraction of the budget.

You are 100% right.

ED is currently nearly finished while SC is a hangar, and limited dog fighting module.

ED is certainly not anywhere close to SC. It's light years ahead.

Cold as ice, well played sir

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 17, 2014, 15:25 Verno

nutshell42 wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 14:56:
I know Linux has had them at least since '94 because I thought they were the shit back then (fvwm2).

The only reason MS decided to implement this feature is to throw a bone to hardcore users. This will be a support nightmare, I know at least 3 relatives that won't understand them, ever.

They needed some sort of bullet point other than "a different version number". I agree that its not going to get a lot of use outside of enthusiast circles. Heck I'm an enthusiast and I can't see myself using it much outside of work.

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Nov 17, 2014, 15:21 Verno

I would agree with all of that, well put Raptor.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2014, 10:48 Verno

The PT video is amusing. It is one of the more memorable experiences I've had on a console. My brother was visiting and asked to see a PS4 game, I happened to have downloaded it (totally free little game btw) so I figured why not. 4 hours later it was like we were kids again - still going on trying to figure out all of the puzzles and picking up on changes in the level. It was a really engrossing little game with a few quality scares. I hear the full game won't be like it which is kinda disappointing but I am definitely intrigued to see what else Kojima has come up.  

204. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 08:40 Verno

Games change and I can accept that but they should have been out in front of this in a better way. Devs need to acknowledge this sort of thing can affect future performance in crowdfunding though, be careful.

This is a terrible thread BTW, I feel sorry for any newcomer trying to parse this sort of shit.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 14, 2014, 12:10 Verno

So long as Sweden is going to label books, music and movies as sexist too. I wonder what they would think of the content on ABC.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 14, 2014, 12:09 Verno

Muffins are serious business.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
17. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 14, 2014, 11:52 Verno

Redmask wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 07:33:
Is this the social justice troll with the fake lesbian persona? Reading more yep I guess so, I read about this person last week. Someone was trying to silence others and ruin reputations under the umbrella of 'social justice', often displaying massively hypocritical stances and tirades. Didn't like the same author or book? You were a 'woman hater who needs to have acid thrown in their face'. They would then delete them later to erase evidence. Reminds me of someone else.

Yeah this is the same woman (or whatever). According to Scalzi's girlfriend she would lash out at people about social justice issues but then engage in extremely graphic messaging herself. It is an interesting situation, she basically got away with widescale trolling and unfairly tarred many people. She even got cooperation from people who just automatically believed her because she was talking about social justice issues in her complaints. This is why its good to question, not just believe.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 14, 2014, 11:45 Verno

1badmf wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 10:25:
there are still people in the 30fps camp?!? man i used to be one of them, like, 15 years ago. that was my first real taste of bumping up against my own ego, when my friend showed me a quake game side by side, rendered in 30 and 60 fps. clear difference. that was the first time i can remember being unequivocally wrong in my adult life, and i'm glad i chose the path of truth where a lot of people would just argue endlessly because they con't actually care about the truth and just cant suffer the embarrassment to their ego of being wrong. just thought i'd share that interesting tidbit in my evolution as a person =D

You usually see apologists trot it out when their plastic box of choice can't render at higher framerates. I see people frequently say "the human cant blah blah" too and I'm going to start pointing them to that article now.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 14, 2014, 10:54 Verno

Prez wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 10:24:
Taylor swift has made "Less than $500,000 across hundreds of millions of plays."

The poor thing. She's probably starving. Maybe we should start a fundraiser.

If shes that poorly compensated, how well can anyone else be doing? I don't know shit about Taylor Swift other than she seems to mega popular but it seems like these companies aren't being fair about how revenue is split.

16181 Comments. 810 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo