Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 16164 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
17. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 14, 2014, 11:52 Verno

Redmask wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 07:33:
Is this the social justice troll with the fake lesbian persona? Reading more yep I guess so, I read about this person last week. Someone was trying to silence others and ruin reputations under the umbrella of 'social justice', often displaying massively hypocritical stances and tirades. Didn't like the same author or book? You were a 'woman hater who needs to have acid thrown in their face'. They would then delete them later to erase evidence. Reminds me of someone else.

Yeah this is the same woman (or whatever). According to Scalzi's girlfriend she would lash out at people about social justice issues but then engage in extremely graphic messaging herself. It is an interesting situation, she basically got away with widescale trolling and unfairly tarred many people. She even got cooperation from people who just automatically believed her because she was talking about social justice issues in her complaints. This is why its good to question, not just believe.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 14, 2014, 11:45 Verno

1badmf wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 10:25:
there are still people in the 30fps camp?!? man i used to be one of them, like, 15 years ago. that was my first real taste of bumping up against my own ego, when my friend showed me a quake game side by side, rendered in 30 and 60 fps. clear difference. that was the first time i can remember being unequivocally wrong in my adult life, and i'm glad i chose the path of truth where a lot of people would just argue endlessly because they con't actually care about the truth and just cant suffer the embarrassment to their ego of being wrong. just thought i'd share that interesting tidbit in my evolution as a person =D

You usually see apologists trot it out when their plastic box of choice can't render at higher framerates. I see people frequently say "the human cant blah blah" too and I'm going to start pointing them to that article now.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 14, 2014, 10:54 Verno

Prez wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 10:24:
Taylor swift has made "Less than $500,000 across hundreds of millions of plays."

The poor thing. She's probably starving. Maybe we should start a fundraiser.

If shes that poorly compensated, how well can anyone else be doing? I don't know shit about Taylor Swift other than she seems to mega popular but it seems like these companies aren't being fair about how revenue is split.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 14, 2014, 09:44 Verno

You can get one from other countries without issue it seems. Looks like they just didn't make that many of them.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Bug Live Blog
46. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Bug Live Blog Nov 14, 2014, 08:45 Verno

Ubisoft put literally no effort into porting from the consoles. They took advantage of bare-metal console APIs to push 50,000 draw calls per frame (which is outrageously unoptimized already), and they just stuck that as-is on DirectX 11, which tends to hork up around 10,000 calls per frame.

Some Ubi Toronto anon on reddit. So yeah it sounds like just bad optimization.

23. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Bug Live Blog Nov 13, 2014, 14:49 Verno

saluk wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 14:10:
I really like the game. A shame Ubisoft rushed this out. In 3-6 mo I think this could have easily been the best of the series and blown people away.

The AC games seem to thrive on christmas period sales but personally I think they would have been fine, Far Cry 4 lands in what, a week anyway? They already had Rogue too. This could've been pushed back for much needed optimization and bug fixing. I hope their sales are down enough for them to get the message.

No game gets shipped in a perfect state but this is too far in the other direction.

17. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Bug Live Blog Nov 13, 2014, 12:15 Verno

I find TB is pretty close to what I consider a normal "core" gamer, hes really good at some types of games and bad at others like most people. Anyone who has streamed with commentary knows that its very difficult to keep a running commentary and fully concentrate on the game too. Giantbomb on the other hand, those guys are just straight up bad at most games and I find watching them play kind of painful. Their interaction with each other is more entertaining than anything else.  

12. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Bug Live Blog Nov 13, 2014, 11:51 Verno

I've seen too much evidence of problems from almost all platforms to bother with this until its cheaper. Shame because normally I like the AC games.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 13, 2014, 10:40 Verno

OTA rollouts are like a lottery draw in the first few days.  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: Hardware Reviews Nov 13, 2014, 09:55 Verno

It's also way too big and too expensive. Yeah I'm sticking with my Nexus 4 until it dies. Horrible camera aside, its been fantastic and was very reasonably priced.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2014, 09:21 Verno

Prez wrote on Nov 12, 2014, 20:34:
20k is nothing. And that's only the very old and very young.

I am dreading another one like the 1918 Spanish Influenza that effectively ended WW1. It killed healthy and strong young men the most. Oh wait, no I'm not - I'm totally unhealthy and old so I would be safe. Never mind.

The situation is clear, drink more beer.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 13, 2014, 08:52 Verno

Lots of rumors of updated SKUs next year with bigger hard drives and Sunset Overdrive isn't a system seller to me, it seems about on par with Infamous which I enjoyed but wouldn't classify as a real system seller either. The Halo collection seems like a better deal but console FPS is just a non-starter for me, it feels like playing a sport one handed.

I think I'll look at how serious Microsoft is about regaining lost ground in a year or two. They put out some solid games last gen as well but the well dried up in no time and my Xbox collected dust for months.

Sony needs to step up their output too though, the situation with DriveClub was really stupid.

News Comments > Ubisoft on AMD & Assassin's Creed Unity
23. Re: Ubisoft on AMD & Assassin's Creed Unity Nov 13, 2014, 08:34 Verno

Cutter wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 06:57:
Slick wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 04:23:
people bitch and moan that all games look the same, and do the same things. when one IP tries to push things forward, instead of throwing them a parade we lynch them because it's too much.

And how is an formulaic, annual game pushing things forward exactly?

Hahaha yeah, that gimmick account is getting to be a bit much.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2014, 13:30 Verno

There are no known Ebola cases in the U.S.

Hopefully this will finally put an end to discussions about unnecessary and economically damaging mass quarantines. The media fear mongering of this whole situation was absurd.

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Nov 12, 2014, 10:59 Verno

Glad I picked Far Cry 4 for my videocard freebie instead of AC: Unity.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 12, 2014, 10:49 Verno

I asked my buddy how bad it was last night and he said it literally didn't function, he left it going for 2 hours and got no hits. Oh well, at least 343 will likely fix it faster than Evolution with the broken ass Driveclub.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Announced (Not F2P)
19. Re: Just Cause 3 Announced (Not F2P) Nov 12, 2014, 09:19 Verno

Lorcin wrote on Nov 12, 2014, 00:48:
For me this is a B grade franchise looking for the hit to make it mainstream. GTA owns the game=art ground. Saint's Row owns the WTF are kidding territory. Even Far Cry is knuckling in as current king of the sorta serious, sorta funny genre of sandbox games.

They don't have the budget to compete with GTA and I doubt they have the balls to face off against Saint's Row/Far Cry.

Well they're all "open world" games but JC has always been more about humor and mayhem than anything else. I think Saints Row is the more applicable comparison but even then they seem to aim for different things. It's not trying to be GTA and if that's what you're looking for then obviously not going to be happy with this.

40. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2014, 11:21 Verno

Redmask wrote on Nov 10, 2014, 22:25:
Space is a problem with only 500GB, the PS4 and Xbox One need to do better there.

At least the PS4 lets you replace the hard drive with one of your choice. You can throw a 2TB in there right now if you want. I haven't tried it personally I remember people saying the Xbox One will ban your console if you swap drives.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity
18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity Nov 11, 2014, 11:09 Verno

Creston wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 11:06:
Verno wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 09:12:
The game files have many references to Disrupt and AnvilNext so I wonder if its just a case of "we threw this together sloppily".

What is Disrupt and AnvilNext? Confused

Disrupt is the "new" engine they used for Watch Dogs and AnvilNext was the engine used for all AC games from AC3 onward (including this one). Maybe they just used the AI routines from Disrupt. The performance issues seem weird though given that AC4 ran so well.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
59. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 11, 2014, 10:40 Verno

Those darned Blues News posters I tell ya!!  

16164 Comments. 809 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo