Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 16301 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2014, 10:01 Verno

Cutter wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 16:08:
Sort of like the government spying on you was just for the hatters too, eh? I have no idea why Autism is on the rise but something is causing it.

Why is something causing it? Don't do your usual hit and run on this shit, stick around and actually explain yourself. The way we diagnose it has changed drastically so of course the statistics changed. Autism was barely understood in the past and it has been tragically misdiagnosed in many people.

Vaccinations are not causing a rise in autism, there have been several exhaustive studies debunking the original research which was a total sham. It's not paranoia, the guy lied, it is that simple. He was caught up in some pretty dodgy shit, read up on him. I get the whole "mistrust consensus, be an individual" thing but it makes no sense here.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans
68. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 10, 2014, 09:14 Verno

Creston wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 00:05:
Very interesting to see the information that prior to patch 2, no matter what your settings, the game simply used Ultra shaders. They really did no testing on this whatsoever...

Hahah wow at least load the damned game and check. These companies..

45. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 9, 2014, 16:03 Verno

Yeah screw this, I'm gonna play Far Cry 4 for a few days while they sort this out.

The Bioware forums are hilarious right now though, they're in an uproar over the complexion bugs because "Scout Harding doesnt have freckles anymore!". Way to focus on whats important guys hahah.

Check out the before and after on this shit, wow! (On the link, click on the Spoiler hide/show button to see the image)

Edit - LOL at this guys zinger:

Loaded game again after trying more things to fix this mess of a PC Patch. None worked BTW.

Shiny hair.
Complexion changes.
Scars gone.
Environmental effects horrible.
Ground textures terrible.

If I wanted to play an ugly game, I'd have a console.

This comment was edited on Dec 9, 2014, 16:28.

43. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 9, 2014, 15:54 Verno

jomisab wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 15:45:
You can tell Steam to not update on a game-by-game basis.

All that setting seems to do is prevent Steam from checking for updates to that game when the client launches. It will always check for an update to a game when you launch it, that setting was renamed in the past few months specifically for that reason. You can read about some peoples frustrations with it here. If I'm online and theres an update for a game Steam prompts it and won't me launch. The only reliable way to avoid Steam updates in my experience is just being in offline mode which isn't practical for me. Origin implements this in a better and believe me, I was as surprised as anyone.

Anyways post patch amusement from someone on the bioware forums, here is what her female dwarf looks like after patching: Wow, might wanna hold off patching for a day or two

36. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 9, 2014, 15:42 Verno

People might want to hold off patching for now. Unlike Steam, you can set Origin not to auto-update and then just play DA:I in offline mode even if it knows theres an update. Wish I had done that.

All of my characters have the shiny hair bug with the meshes now despite my graphical options settings and my characters complexion/etc is totally off. It seems like they applied low settings to everything or something, now the textures/etc looks like crap. I have to mess around with the config file a bit and see what the hell is going on, change my settings more to see if that helps and etc.

After messing around in the character creation for a bit I just discovered that they actually removed a ton of the options, no wonder my character got changed. I hope that is accidental.

32. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 9, 2014, 14:58 Verno

jomisab wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 14:55:
Darn...nothing about fixing the flashing textures in SLI.

Worth a shot anyway, it might not be listed but still fixed. Patch notes are rarely comprehensive these days.

29. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 9, 2014, 14:46 Verno

Patch notes are up.

"* Fixed Spirit Blade to no longer trigger combos"

That wasn't really what was broken about KE guys

"[PC] Pressing the interact key (default F) will take everything from containers."

That's not the fix people had in mind either.

Reading it over there a few PC specific tweaks to address complaints but nothing approaching what was needed. In fact only one significant tweak that I can see, the right click hold in tactical mode. Hopefully patch 3 has more substance for PC users...

This comment was edited on Dec 9, 2014, 14:53.

News Comments > AMD Catalyst Omega Released
6. Re: AMD Catalyst Omega Released Dec 9, 2014, 14:10 Verno

Ozmodan wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 11:28:
My concern with AMD has always been their drivers. It just seems they really don't spend much time testing them. Their hardware is always top notch, but I have always had more success with the Nvidia drivers, they test them more than AMD does.

They gutted their driver team a few years ago and I've been kinda avoiding them since. Their hardware has been running hot and loud for awhile now too. To be fair though you can run into compatibility issues with any brand, I've seen plenty with Nvidia too.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2014, 14:00 Verno

He apparently got up to a lot of shit, including unnecessary medical procedures mentally challenged kids and some other really shady stuff. He lost his license to practice medicine in the UK, was totally discredited in the medical community and is essentially a pariah to all but the weirdos who are convinced vaccination is evil.

What's sad is that he still defends his "research" even though every single aspect of it has been thoroughly discredited.

24. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 9, 2014, 13:29 Verno

When you do the search pulse little dots appear on your radar now that show stuff you can loot. Finally a use for your minimap.  

20. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 9, 2014, 13:04 Verno

Also anyone else notice Varric is always lagging way behind everyone else in terms of damage? He's got great banter options so I want to take him but his DPS is terrible. Even with his Bianca upgrades maxed out whenever possible hes always the lowest. I've been thinking about just making him dual daggers or something which feels like sacrilege.

I feel like I'm missing a quest or something that will make him more powerful but I swear I've done them all.

19. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 9, 2014, 12:58 Verno

Creston wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 12:46:
They never said, but I imagine it has to do with Frostbite? Maybe it's just very hard to get the engine to queue that stuff up properly?

Yeah I don't know either. The AI was already there and done, its been used in 2 games now so I'm confused why they scrapped it altogether instead of attempting to port it to DA:I. The basic AI they put in its place doesn't do the game justice. I know the terrain elevations in this present a challenge but it still seems odd. I didn't really notice or care much until I went up against a tough mob for the first time and then you really start to see your companions doing stupid things.

But port wise, it's a fantastic port. We shouldn't just dismiss the port as terrible because the UI is bad.

I guess maybe we have different definitions but to me a fantastic port would have UI and design accommodations for the PC. This has a lot of graphical options going for it and not much else. I like the game so I kind of make excuses for it when possible but it's a middling port at best. It's easier to gloss over that since its not so much stability as it is quality of life stuff but we've all dinged other games for the same. That's just control stuff too without getting into the terrible inventory/crafting/etc side of things.

The good news is that the community was very vocal about it and Bioware is actually attempting to fix it. I think my second play through in this will be a lot more enjoyable as a result.

15. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 9, 2014, 12:08 Verno

Creston wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 12:01:
From what Alan Schumacher said, it didn't seem hopeful that would happen.

I still don't understand why they backtracked on tactics so much, it was one of the best things in the previous games. The AI in this game is pretty idiotic and I guess maybe I wouldn't care so much if the tactical cam was better and the mode itself had queuing but ugh.

Let's be fair here stuff

The hotbar thing is kind of a given considering the console versions have 8 hotbar buttons, they just put a different picture on the interface for it. The rest of the graphical options are courtesy of Dice more than Bioware. I do think the game looks pretty spiffy in terms of visuals but I also want a PC interface and controls that make sense. I hope todays patch is the start of that.

This comment was edited on Dec 9, 2014, 12:13.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2014, 12:05 Verno

I've always found that if I get a coat with a deep hood and flaps that draw in and get buttoned on the side that my face is usually pretty warm. I'm sure I look ridiculous in it but probably not much more than wearing a balaclava  

11. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 9, 2014, 11:52 Verno

Redmask wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 11:44:
I think the game is pretty stable for the most part but the interface and design shit is all consoleland. We have more of a console version that runs on a PC rather than an actual PC version at the moment, that's what I'm hoping they patch up.

It's not quite that bad, at least we got proper graphical options and keyboard bindings. God it's sad that I'm saying that as if its something to be grateful about and not just an expectation for releasing games on this platform I've seen worse ports but I do agree that they didn't give the PC any real attention. The annoying thing is their marketing smokescreen pre-release about how the PC version was getting serious attention. The tactical camera turns out to be terrible and nothing else materialized. Oh well, I hope they get moving on these patches. Supposedly the Xbox 360 patch is up right now, hopefully PC to follow.

9. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 9, 2014, 11:18 Verno

Xero wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 11:00:
I haven't read into this one too much, nor watched that many videos to prevent spoiling it. Can anyone confirm that it plays similar to the original Dragon Age Origins?

I only ask because Dragon Age 2 sucked major in the direction they took it. I preferred the original much much more.

I'm about to put together a beast of a PC rig finally and planning on some big titles to go a long with it and this is one I have in mind but not sure just yet about jumping on it. The idea that they are releasing free content is awesome but not a deciding point when I buy games.

It doesn't play that similar to DA:O to be honest, its off kinda doing its own thing. The conversational style stuff is vintage Bioware, the rest of the game has a different feel. It's somewhere between DA:O and DA2 with a bit of MMO trappings mixed in. You should watch a few videos to see if it'll be up your alley or not. I personally like it but the game has plenty of flaws and stuff that might drive some people nuts. The storyline and main quests are the high points of the game, the zone exploration is also pretty fun due to great art/map design.

I'm not giving them any points for free content either, they shipped the PC version in a pretty sorry state and the game has consolitis all over it. I don't really know what their version of fixes will be either so I'll judge that when we have it in hand.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed Again
33. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed Again Dec 9, 2014, 09:27 Verno

That's fine, take your time and do it right. The previous Witcher games a lot of fixes and massive patches, I'd prefer to avoid that if possible.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow
82. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 9, 2014, 09:26 Verno

I hope they fix this with a patch too. Ability rings not working, some of them even hurt your damage when unequipped. "Ship it, fix it later".  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Dec 9, 2014, 09:20 Verno

You have fun with that, I'll stick to my human food.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow
81. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 9, 2014, 08:45 Verno

Redmask wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 07:25:
The UI is a piece of shit that I hate interacting with.

Yeah I ranted about this in a previous topic, its terrible. The worst part is that they tried to make something that was good for multiplatform but in the end its not good on anything, I've seen complaints about it on all platforms. Full screen yet only uses a portion of displayable space. The codex is in size 30 font using caps, requiring a ridiculous amount of scrolling. Their implementation of categories and filters is awful. The crafting interface is inept and like throwing the dice, will I get something with a rune slot? Who knows! The comparison tools are basic and only usable in certain windows. The list goes on and on.

I remember the UI in DA2 and that's what they used as a base here, awful stuff. I really hope they revisit this in the next game. Speaking of next one, EA is awful mum about the sales of this game, does anyone know how it did?

16301 Comments. 816 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo