Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 16168 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed
133. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 19, 2014, 08:26 Verno

They also murdered them all  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 18, 2014, 15:25 Verno

Hyatus wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 15:09:
Just because you are not oppressing someone doesn't mean that it is not a problem in our white, heterosexual male community. We are at a point where, I believe, most of us will tell someone using the n-word or other racially-based insult to STFU. That is not (generally) true when someone uses insults based on sexual orientation.

That's too regional though. Some places are horribly backward in both respects, others are very progressive. You would never get away with either around here. I love cons and have attended many in several countries, I've never encountered an unsafe (as they put it) environment for LGBT.

It's their money so hey if they want a con then no skin off my back. I just think its a bit exclusionary and ultimately unnecessary.

This comment was edited on Sep 18, 2014, 15:35.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees
18. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees Sep 18, 2014, 13:04 Verno

Creston wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 12:46:
The Witcher Wild Hunt isn't coming out until February 2015. But other than that, yeah, it's an embarrassment of riches this year.

The great thing about having limited time to play is that I can pick them all up in a year for way less I think I'm just going to grab The Evil Within (if reviews pan out) and Witcher 3 on release.

I've read/seen very little on Gauntlet, is it a full on modern remake?

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 18, 2014, 12:25 Verno

I don't have any practical objections to yet another gaming con but it seems superfluous, I've been to dozens of conventions and never once witnessed anyone being "ostracized" except perverts and drunk people. I think the reality is more that they want to create something for their specific interest group, nothing wrong with that but lets be honest about it.

I don't think of myself as a "straight gamer", I'm just a guy who plays games. So I think its kind of odd to identify yourself by both your sexuality AND your hobby but hey, whatever makes you happy I guess.

News Comments > Op Ed
64. Re: So why do publishers keep doing it? Sep 18, 2014, 12:20 Verno

ASeven wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 17:35:
Well, this is it. Milo has now done some investigative journalism and found a secret mailing list containing most of those "gaming journalism" sites belonging to the SJWs.

This is pretty much the endgame for GamerGate and something no SJW can squirm out of now.

One of the Arstechnica writers who came out in defense of Quinn several times admitted to starting this. But of course hes claiming that it isn't what people think it is, oh no

I don't know how anyone can square a defense of this idiocy, these people have been caught making things up then laying the blame on "gamers". Reading some of the bigoted shit Alexander has said on twitter was a real eye opener too, this is the social justice champion? Wow. What a bunch of fucking hypocrites.

11. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees Sep 18, 2014, 11:34 Verno

Darks wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 11:03:
This is not an add-on. Its a full blown game. In fact the game is extensively longer then BL1 was. if that constitutes as an add-on, then I'm confused. Because BL1 was a pretty long game. 15 to 20 hours if you did all the main quest. longer if you did the side questing.

The game isn't out yet so we don't know how long it is beyond PR talk which isn't worth anything.

Definitely a wait for reviews thing, my crew is bored of BF4 and looking for a new game so this would fit the bill but too many unknowns here. I can't think of a single good reason to preorder so *shrug*.

They need to really overhaul the mechanism for BL3. Give each character more skills, get rid of the stupid "90 billion guns!" thing, especially since BL2 it's really just about 20 different guns with a few minor stat changes over and over and over again, and go back to the system in BL1 where they at least felt different because of the levels of elemental damage they did.

Agreed, I like the style and setting of BL but they need to make the mechanics deeper and more interesting.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2014, 10:41 Verno

Artificial sweeteners may leave their users glucose intolerant.

They also make things taste awful.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Sep 18, 2014, 10:23 Verno

A "real discussion" with people like Zoe Quinn, Sarkeesian and Alexander hasn't exactly proven to be anymore credible, in fact quite the opposite.  

5. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees Sep 18, 2014, 10:21 Verno

Razumen wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 10:08:
Does each character still only have one active ability?

Looking at the skill trees, pretty much. There's a few odd modifiers for things like "hold down RS to have Claptrap high five someone" but for the most part its the same old stuff.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Sep 18, 2014, 09:53 Verno

Derek Smart

Derek Smart!

Derek Smart!

News Comments > etc., etc.
21. Re: etc., etc. Sep 18, 2014, 08:59 Verno

That shit is indefensible, I don't know how anyone can rationally stand behind these people anymore. As the author said, if gaming was as closed as they claimed then they would have been tossed out of the industry on their asses long ago. Its a testament to gamers that this shit has gone unchallenged as long as it has. Too bad for them, free ride is over.  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Survivor Mode DLC Plans
12. Re: Alien: Isolation Survivor Mode DLC Plans Sep 18, 2014, 08:45 Verno

Jerykk wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 01:54:
This mode doesn't seem to justify a $30 season pass. $10, maybe, but $30? Not a chance. Then again, season passes are never worth buying at full price and they go on sale pretty quickly. At $10, most season passes are a good deal.

Yeah I can't think of a single "season pass" I've ever been satisfied with at full price.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2014, 15:54 Verno

Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 15:20:
We whined, begged, wheedled and cajoled him into creating one several years back, since we were "all going to use it a lot."

Sadly, that turned out to be a bald-faced lie, and we really never use it...

To be fair, it's not exactly the traditional forum that people had in mind in terms of features or implementation.

129. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 17, 2014, 15:15 Verno

I don't really agree with your assessment of the situation but it's all moot at this point, Microsoft is going to do what they will with it.  

127. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 17, 2014, 14:37 Verno

descender wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 13:24:
They essentially bought the keys to the childhood of the digital generation. The lack of foresight or vision displayed by you guys in this thread is astounding.

As others have said, I don't doubt their ability to monetize Minecraft. I do doubt their ability to do it without going too far and affecting the game in negative ways.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
42. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 17, 2014, 14:23 Verno

UHD wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 13:57:

Dead battery. Broken device, either physically (whoops, dropped it and cracked the screen) or via software (whoops, update bricked the machine). Publisher revokes access to eBook for any reason or goes out of business or DRM server dies, whoops you can't read it anymore (yes you can turn off Wi-Fi but that also cuts you off from getting more books). Can't easily lend a book to a friend. Hope you remember your password, or your account isn't hacked.

eBooks have perks but to call it better in every way is asinine.

I store all of my ebooks on my computer as well as my ereader. The lending thing is legit though. I prefer reading physical books in some situations and ebooks in others but ebooks are just way more versatile IMO. To me it's all just text, I don't really care how I consume it so long as its convenient for me at that time.

I do however miss cool covers on books, you don't appreciate them as much with an ereader and its harder to visually associate a book with an author.

News Comments > Xbox One Controller for Windows in November
22. Re: Xbox One Controller for Windows in November Sep 17, 2014, 14:18 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 13:36:
Okay, good to know. I'm pretty happy with my 360 controllers. I prefer wired, so I would actually consider this if one of mine broke. Definitely want to see what Steam comes out with.

The 360 pad with the transforming dpad is probably a more suitable replacement. The Bone has a really nice dpad but it has some other stuff I don't personally like. I think the bumpers are worse, the triggers feel mushier than before, the rumble triggers are a non-starter and the analog sticks feel a smidgin too tall. It's very comfortable to hold but I don't like the controller features themselves as much outside of that.

Definitely go try one for yourself though, controllers are such a subjective thing. Most of the display controllers at big box stores are worn down due to overuse so maybe check it out at a smaller store with less traffic.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Rogue for PC Possible
5. Re: Assassin's Creed Rogue for PC Possible Sep 17, 2014, 12:43 Verno

Slashman wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 11:17:
Why even bother making games for last gen consoles? What is the point?

They still sell a shitload of copies dude. The uptake on next gen ownership isn't there yet. I think Sony is the only one to even sell 10mil yet.

News Comments > Xbox One Controller for Windows in November
15. Re: Xbox One Controller for Windows in November Sep 17, 2014, 12:30 Verno

Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 11:45:
Is the bone controller really that much better than the 360 controller?

Nope. It's more comfortable to hold but I find other things to be straight up regressions from the 360 controller.

News Comments > The Evil Within TGS Trailer
8. Re: The Evil Within TGS Trailer Sep 17, 2014, 11:00 Verno

Fion wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 10:50:
I've never heard of PT.

It's a free download from the SEN store, just search for PT sometime when you're between games. It's really neat, Hideo Kojima did a great job on it. Just be forewarned, its a real mindfuck at times and more of a horror/puzzle type game.

Honestly, the last time I was freaked out by anything in a video game was... the end of Metal Gear Solid? or... maybe Eternal Darkness on the cube? Or the blacked out hallway at the beginning of the original Unreal? Peek-a-boo scares are the only thing that elicit any sort of response anymore.

Clive Barkers Undying had a ton of scary parts, although it sorta loses its way at the weird supernatural monks stuff.

I've heard nothing but good stuff about this game but unfortunately I don't think it translates well into promotional material.

16168 Comments. 809 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo