Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 17052 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 10, 2015, 14:11 Verno

$549 for a Watch you need to recharge every day. The alarming thing is how many people on my Facebook feed wanted it yesterday.  

Playing: The Witcher 3, Bloodborne, Secret of Mana
Watching: X-Files, Mad Men, Mad Max Fury Road
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Mar 10, 2015, 14:11 Verno

The article makes some good points but doesn't really propose any real solutions. The volume alone makes Greenlight tedious for everyone involved but curating content by staff had its own set of complaints from devs/users. Perhaps some sort of hybrid system is best, I don't know.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Videos
55. Re: Star Citizen Videos Mar 9, 2015, 12:39 Verno

Jamil20 wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 11:51:
Illumin wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 04:22:
Pre Alpha.

I hate the 'lol pre alpha' apologetic. This game isn't in 'Pre Alpha', it's in some quasi-released state with features being added between releases. A pre-alpha game isn't playable without the use of a development console, and the assets are mostly placeholders while the main features of the game are being developed. The real pre-alpha is available to the developers right now in the form of the persistent universe. We are getting a completely different product with Arena Commander that is released, ie. 1.0+

There's going to be no time where this game will be feature complete, and it will be declared 'Alpha'. Similarly, there will be no 'Beta'. It's just going to go from 'Pre-Alpha' -> 'Released'.

The development of this game is not following the traditional software development process. They can stop at any point and say the game is done, which has been done with several Early Access games before.

I tend to agree in general. I am tired of it being an excuse to brush off criticisms of games. If it is good enough that someone thought to ask for money for it then it can suffer some criticism from people who paid. I think someone can know what they're getting into with crowdfunding and early access yet still have a valid beef with the game. Too many people seem to assume things will be fixed or changed in the long run.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2015, 12:08 Verno

NegaDeath wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 12:01:
We don't have DST here in SK, we just watch the rest of the world go out of sync with us once a year. Used to be a pain remembering when to watch a show pre-interwebs. But hey, we get our own custom time zone in windows. We're special!

Having seen a winter in Saskatoon while traveling on business, I will take the annoyance of DST over that any day

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Module Nears
35. Re: Star Citizen FPS Module Nears Mar 9, 2015, 10:56 Verno

Kajetan wrote on Mar 8, 2015, 10:53:
harlock wrote on Mar 8, 2015, 10:05:
that looks like ass...20-30 fps with tons of hitching whenever things explode or lots of weapons are firing
Its not a release version. Therefore i said: Seems promising! When the release version has this performance even on high end machines i'll bitch with you all day long. Until then ... have fun hating something you dont know.

I don't know, if its good enough to charge people money then its good enough to criticize in my books. Crowdfunding or otherwise

News Comments > MS: No PC Xbox Gold Fees
41. Re: MS: No PC Xbox Gold Fees Mar 9, 2015, 09:43 Verno

harlock wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 16:43:
Paketep wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 16:08:
harlock wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 10:08:
btw, should microsoft stop developing DX12?? we dont need that right? its going to fuck everything up?

Yes.

so what do you think the solution is? which way should we go?

Left, always go left.

31. Re: MS: No PC Xbox Gold Fees Mar 6, 2015, 15:57 Verno

I can't see them dropping Gold Tumbler, its way too lucrative and a high profit margin item for them. Sadly there are a ton of people who happily pay it, hell I have friends who pay it and don't even play multiplayer.  

News Comments > On Sale
20. Re: On Sale Mar 6, 2015, 15:45 Verno

Always glad to find some common ground with you Axis. You'll be pleased that DQ2 is in very active development and its coming this year, one of the devs posts updates and concept art on SA. They're also going to release a patch for the original with new sprites and models for free which is awesome. I'm a huge fan of the original, I think the sequel will be something special.  

25. Re: MS: No PC Xbox Gold Fees Mar 6, 2015, 14:20 Verno

ldonyo wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 13:59:
Verno wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 10:13:
I remember when they tried to charge for GFWL. Fun times.
Really? You must be the only one from that universe.

Hmm? No they really did try to charge for it at one point, shit was absurd. I think it was just to play multiplayer but it was a long time ago, wikipedia has more info (click under controversies).

If you meant the "fun times" part of my comment it was just sarcasm

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 2015, 14:27.

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Postmortem
27. Re: Diablo III Launch Postmortem Mar 6, 2015, 13:17 Verno

Flatline wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 13:14:
Out of curiosity, is the D3 expansion worth 20 bucks? Best Buy of all places has it on sale for 20 right now.

Absolutely worth it.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2015, 13:15 Verno

I use one of these for that since my air compressor is pretty big and I hate hauling it in from the garage. Had mine already for like 5 years, saved a bundle vs buying those dumb compressed air cans. Clean the filter on the bottom once a year and you're golden. My girlfriend uses it to clean around crevices and stuff in the house too.

As is typical with my dog and loud devices, she runs to hide under the bed as soon as I turn it on. To be fair its pretty loud for something so small.

Edit: tried to put your referral code in Blue, hope that works. Might wanna consider a URL rewriter that does it automatically for any amazon links posted on the site, I doubt anyone would care. Not sure if that violates their API guidelines or not though.

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 2015, 13:44.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 6, 2015, 13:06 Verno

I loved Second Son, gameplay was butter smooth if you got handy with all of the power sets. The first few games were fun but flawed and had some very frustrating mission designs. Second Son was the first game where everything just flowed nicely, my only beef was that I beat it in 12 hours and wanted more, particularly since getting Concrete happens so late in the game.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2015, 11:19 Verno

The end of the ice fishermen video is hilarious.  

12. Re: MS: No PC Xbox Gold Fees Mar 6, 2015, 10:40 Verno

MajorD wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 10:31:
Oh, so this is how they're going to re-re-re-re-re-embrace Windows as a gaming platform. Wow!

We remain committed to PC Gaming! We said so in this press release.

7. Re: MS: No PC Xbox Gold Fees Mar 6, 2015, 10:13 Verno

I remember when they tried to charge for GFWL. Fun times. Hell even Internet Explorer for the longest time was part of the XBL gold tier. Charging for IE hahahah.  

News Comments > On Sale
15. Re: On Sale Mar 6, 2015, 08:57 Verno

Defense Grid 2 I actually had to mute the narrators, too many and too annoying. I don't know what it was but it never grabbed me like the first game. I think I preferred the RPG lite mechanics in TD games like Defender's Quest.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Demos Coming
13. Re: Guild Wars 2 Demos Coming Mar 6, 2015, 08:53 Verno

Jonjonz wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 07:53:
This game is so over, logged in after being gone for 2 years, completely deserted.

Silly hats, jumping puzzles, and crappy 8bit graphics just don't fill the bill for most people.

8 bit graphics? Bwahaha. 2/10 sir.

News Comments > Steam Machines in November
29. Re: Steam Machines in November Mar 6, 2015, 08:52 Verno

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 18:46:
What's the point? What market are they trying to capitalize on? Can I run my PC to my 1080p TV, open Big Picture mode and call it a Steam Machine now?

I just don't get it.

It's a bridging thing. A lot of people in their 30s and 40s play more games in the living room now and this gives them a way to choose a PC without building an HTPC or running a long HDMI cable. Desktops are going the way of the dodo in the consumer market so this is another way of ensuring people can get access Steam if their silly Mac/tablets/whatever can't.

People are looking at it like "Valve is trying to take on consoles" which I think is wrong. It's just a niche market idea and something that keeps them viable if Microsoft ever decides to screw everyone. These things will likely be almost built to order with very little inventory sitting around.

I'm actually more partial to Steam Link since I already have a pretty nice machine that can just stream stuff to another room. Of course this is a better solution if you need native playback and other people use the PC.

News Comments > etc., etc.
17. Re: etc., etc. Mar 5, 2015, 16:23 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 13:28:
Verno wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 09:38:
You'll be able to pay Microsoft $60 for a wireless adapter that should have come in the friggin box in the first place. Seriously who makes a wired controller in 2015?!

I only buy wired controllers.

I never know if you're kidding or not mr joker

IMO every controller should be wireless by default with the option to wire it to a USB port.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2015, 14:44 Verno

$15 is fine considering the quality of HBO shows. A la carte would be even more expensive which is why people asking for it always confuse me. These little mini subs from various providers are probably as close to it as we'll get for quite some time.  

17052 Comments. 853 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo