Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 16001 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
59. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 3, 2014, 14:15 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 13:56:
(I still don't know how Chris Pratt went from junk to hunk in a few months)

Modest calorie diet with an emphasis on protein, weights and celebrities don't have pesky rules about steroids that professional athletes do

You would be amazed what you can accomplish in a few months. I remember post-WoW I had put on 30 pounds. I was up at around 200ish and had lost all muscle tone, my body fat was up and so on. I did Power 90 and looked like I did in college when it was finished.

If you want to see something amusing check out the film "I wanna look like that guy". One flabby filmmakers journey into the world of bodybuilding. The before and after pictures are pretty much what the supplement industry lives for.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
318. Re: Op Ed Sep 3, 2014, 13:02 Verno

Sho wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 12:31:
Well, this very thread compared Sarkeesian to Hitler and Stalin. Fucking stupidity on both sides.

This thread didn't do anything, maybe a specific poster did but take it up with them and don't try to put all opposing view points into the same bucket. There are far more cogent arguments against Sarkeesians nonsense coming from this thread than for it anyway.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 3, 2014, 10:46 Verno

They update about as often as Chrome and its usually fixing bugs and adding features. It's bizarre that people complain about such things, yeah I really want my software to stagnate and have security problems rarrrr no more updates!!

Who cares what the version string says? Seriously I cannot understand that complaint at all. I don't give a shit if its Firefox 10000.1 or 1.0.

News Comments > Morning Patches
4. Re: Morning Patches Sep 3, 2014, 10:33 Verno

It's pretty easy to find a good set of modpacks though. You can't really balance a game like Minecraft anyway. It's just a shame that it screws so many launchers and packs over, they always lag behind official releases significantly. A proper API would help, speaking of which...

Did the official API ever materialize or is that still vaporware?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 3, 2014, 10:03 Verno

I'm glad that corporations are still scared of something. Municipal internet is usually a success if well managed, the municipality often doesn't have to pay hideous trench/pole fees which lets the cost be recouped much faster than a corporation doing the same.  

News Comments > Op Ed
43. Re: Op Ed Sep 3, 2014, 09:59 Verno

Squirmer wrote on Sep 1, 2014, 03:02:
Okay, now you're arriving at the problem. Game companies should have to hire another person just to ensure their developers aren't being sexist assholes. Spreading awareness of these issues will help to address that problem.

Haha what? Do women hire male script doctors at great expense to ensure that Greys Anatomy and Say Yes to the Dress is more relatable to me, even if it means changing the core programs?

News Comments > The Sims 4 and Patch Released
14. Re: The Sims 4 and Patch Released Sep 3, 2014, 09:49 Verno

Ranger55 wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 17:43:
My wife is playing it. They've REALLY scaled it all back. Even basic features that were part of the base versions of 2 and 3 have been removed to make it more console friendly. Pretty much the same "simplifying" treatment that Sim City got.

It's not the consoles, they just want to sell everything as DLC.

News Comments > EA Taps Starbucks Vet as CMO
3. Re: EA's Taps Starbucks Vet as CMO Sep 3, 2014, 09:48 Verno

Cutter wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 09:44:
Creston wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 09:33:
Only EA would pretend that a fucking marketing officer actually brings any kind of meaning to a game.

Yep, that's the problem in a nutshell. They believe that marketing is more important than the product itself.

Agreed. Marketing is important but many games are carried on word of mouth alone, when I see marketing budgets for video games my eyes just boggle. It is pretty rare to find a great game thats passed over by people and unmarketed.

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Sep 3, 2014, 09:45 Verno

Trust me, people get shot in Russia too.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2014, 09:41 Verno

Awesome joined both leagues.

Cracked is really milking the native advertising teat for all its worth, 2 pages for 4 reasons about a Netflix show.

News Comments > Op Ed
313. Re: Op Ed Sep 3, 2014, 09:30 Verno

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 09:06:
So anyway, since I miss my daily links.. turns out IGF was rigged?

Indie-fensible! - The Maya "Legobutts" Kramer Story!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgW5NRUfs44

Fun!

Can you sum it up? Youtube is crappy while I'm on the train.

News Comments > Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining
41. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Sep 3, 2014, 09:06 Verno

Krovven wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 20:59:
Because the way the game is now, it is far better without full on trading. I'd be open to them making trading within Clans members but only if those that were in the clan at the time the item dropped. Even with this method, items should be bind to account after they've been traded once.

It would be too easy for people (particularly streamers) that have a community following them to just feed them gear nullifying the Grift rankings. Some people don't care about that but others do.

I get items from people I play with all the time (generally for my other classes I don't play as much). With how readily legendary and set items drop now, I simply don't see open trading would benefit the game in any way. People aren't entitled to get the best gear or to get hard to find drops. You don't "need" them either to be able T6 and keep up.

I don't know, that feels like a real stretch. They could implement trading with friends lists or clans, limit it to regular play instead of seasonal and so on. It ultimately doesn't really affect anyone in a negative way and exists on consoles already. The only real reason I can see for not doing it is some concern of duping but given the nature of the game now I don't think that's a big concern.

The feature disparity of the console and PC versions is a bit puzzling too.

56. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 3, 2014, 08:58 Verno

InBlack wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 03:38:
I dont get what all the fucking fuss is about. This is just free publicity for all involved.

Did you stop to think that maybe they didn't want this kind of publicity? Female performers make a lot of money to do nude scenes, this is literally a loss of income for some involved. Others like Jennifer Lawrence have been carefully building an image and brand that they might not want associated with this.

22. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 2, 2014, 13:46 Verno

Shok wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 13:31:
Verno, from what I understand they didn't upload them, their idevice automatically saves photos to Apple's cloud - even pictures deleted on the phone could still be kept in Apple's servers and hackers get it there.

I heard the same thing, that's why I mentioned the IT staff and iCloud thing. Some of the pics came from Samsung phones though according to reddit so the speculation is that its just the combined images from a large trading ring which makes sense.

News Comments > Open Letter to the Gaming Community
18. Re: Open Letter to the Gaming Community Sep 2, 2014, 13:44 Verno

Prez wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 13:33:
Jesus tap-dancing Christ do they ever stop whining?

Stop harassing them Prez, you're practically threatening their lives. They have a right to make you think and say whatever they want!

14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 2, 2014, 12:38 Verno

Jerykk wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 12:29:
I'll never understand the logic of people who takes pictures and/or videos of themselves nude or during sex. Sure, you're allowed to do that and you're entitled to your own privacy but what's the point of making those pictures/videos in the first place? Especially if you're a celebrity whose public image is very important. Just seems like a completely unnecessary risk.

Celebrity culture is very vain and almost has to be considering what appeals to the audience. So it doesn't surprise me they're taking pictures with their phones, I'm just more surprised that they uploaded them. You would think their agent or publicist would have an IT guy on staff to turn that shit off or at least have phone encryption on in case they're stolen. I know iCloud has some encryption but that doesn't help when someone steals your auth token.

Reading about it on reddit is pretty funny though. The chick from Big Bang Theory took a giant shot of her butt hole. Why a person would do that is anyones guess. Whatever floats your boat? Haha.

News Comments > Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining
39. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Sep 2, 2014, 11:34 Verno

The argument against trading is kind of silly given its existence in console versions of the game. If you don't want to trade you don't have to but other people might not have the same free time to grind out a particular item and want to trade for it. I wouldn't personally ever use trading at this point but if someone else wants to then it doesn't really affect me so why care if its in the game or not?  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2014, 11:27 Verno

Always picking the Jets worked out real well for me last year

Edge of Tomorrow was a good movie and it's sad that it didn't do that great at the BO. I guess it did look like a generic Tom Cruise sci-fi movie to most people

I think the articles point that it resembled Oblivion too much for the casual viewer was probably spot on.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2014, 11:24 Verno

1badmf wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 11:08:
love how the bulldogs in that article look so much healthier than today's versions. also, would be nice if they did some basic fact checking. 'f-15 mustang' heh.

45 peeps in the pickem league wow. do you guys always pick the favorite or do you try to guess an upset now and then?

To get ahead you need to pick upsets, of course this has risk because it can really drop you back when you screw up. We had a three way tie for first much of the season last year until one week with a few upsets and that really shifted things around. It's just for fun though, a 50/50 pick em thing so don't sweat it too much. A few people last year did all of their picks for the season in week 1 even.

11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 2, 2014, 11:15 Verno

harlock wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 11:03:
apparently its not just jen lawrence but dozens of celebrities nudie pics were hacked and released.. and now the feds are coming on strong. heh

The only celeb to take it with any sense of humor so far was Kirsten Dunst.

16001 Comments. 801 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo