Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 15638 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 19, 2014, 10:50 Verno

Elon Musk goes all in with his ideas, gotta respect the guy.  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 19, 2014, 10:49 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 10:21:
Enh, I'm, a bit concerned about these variants in NMS. It's going to be boring if you hopping around planets seeing the same-ish flora and fauna with only minor differences. Same with the ships. I don't have a lot of faith that the game can procedurally generate these to be really interesting - unless by accident. I guess we'll see.

Yeah I agree, I don't see how they will have enough variety to do anything other than 5-6 presets that get mixed up at random. I'm also skeptical of a game combining so many unlike parts and have enough depth to stay interesting.

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Morning Previews Jun 19, 2014, 10:32 Verno

All good things to those who wait. And Duke Nukem Forever.  

News Comments > LEGO Minifigures Online Open Beta
2. Re: LEGO Minifigures Online Open Beta Jun 19, 2014, 10:32 Verno

If my daughter sings that everything is awesome song one more time...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2014, 09:51 Verno

Beer can keep a long time if its properly refrigerated but that guy is nuts, no idea where that can has been.

San Marino mayor resigns over tossing dog poop into neighbor's yard.

Meanwhile the other clown who sent the police in over a twitter parody account is still going.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 19, 2014, 09:37 Verno

I have no idea what to make of that Amazon phone. I'm not sure how a 3D display really helps at all outside of maybe mapping apps. The dedicated shutter button is nice but other phones have it. I'm not so heavily tied into the Amazon ecosystem that I care about Instant Streaming on my phone or something.  

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 19, 2014, 09:36 Verno

They didn't really tell people what was going on for a long time though. It was just a generic "delayed til Spring" thing and only then after people clamored on the forums for awhile. It's great that they're doing it now but they could have avoided a lot of this by not advertising the feature heavily pre-launch and staying in better communication with fans about it.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 19, 2014, 09:11 Verno

KTR wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 21:03:
Krovven wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 20:46:
They won't be seeing another dime from me anytime soon.

I haven't been following GTA Online since couple months after release, but hasn't the updates so far been free?

Yes, all updates have been free.

In terms of heists themselves it was by far the most important feature of GTA:O they advertised pre-launch and to fuck it up like this is really lame. I can't say I'm going to swear off the company or something but it is definitely something people should consider before preordering their next game.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
6. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 19, 2014, 09:05 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 00:36:
But they don't. Ever been to Amazon.ca? It's the red headed step child of the family. Oh sure, you can get Amazon Prime here for the same price - but without ANY of the benefits you get in the US. And my understanding is it's the same for Europe. So really it's absolutely pointless outside of the US. So how are they to compete with Apple, Samsung, Google, MS, which are all truly global.

You can blame your government for a lot of that. Your country has a lot of old protectionist bullshit about foreign ownership in companies, crazy tariffs on a lot of different goods and so on. In terms of streaming services and etc that's just a licensing thing and nothing Amazon can really do about it the same way Google can't have their entire catalog available outside of the US either.

Amazon would love nothing more than to do that sort of business globally but there's a lot preventing it from doing so. Next time complain to your MPP eh dontchayaknow?

News Comments > Watch Dog Patch Plans
14. Re: Watch Dog Patch Plans Jun 19, 2014, 08:59 Verno

Bundy wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 00:29:
Not quite E3 quality, but a far cry better than what was shipped. And for some reason the driving choppiness is gone too.

Hahaha well played sir

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2014, 15:09 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 14:16:
Most people should be able to afford to live in a decent neighborhood and eat decent food. However that's not the case because some people have 20 million dollars to blow on a fucking stamp.

I don't think the item in question matters, it could be a baseball or it could be a diamond and I still think its wasteful. I didn't earn his money though, if he wants to blow it on that then who am I to tell another man how to spend his bread? It's all relative, the rich also tend to have insanely expensive lifestyles and hobbies. Do you suffer people telling you that your hobbies are stupid and to spend it elsewhere? No you don't.

That said I agree that income inequality continues to be a significant and growing problem but I don't think you're going to address it by haranguing the rich and trying to guilt them into doing anything. It might make you feel better to whine about it on the internet but it doesn't really accomplish anything. A better approach is the economic argument, societies with a stronger middle class spend more money which in turn helps enrich both society as a whole and creates more opportunity through a robust economy.

Some people just don't make sound financial decisions either and will waste every opportunity afforded to them regardless of how much the rich give. Pro athletes are a great example of that. This is neither here nor there but the idea that everyone should have a house is kind of dated, I know many happy renters.

News Comments > Deus Ex Universe Online Hint?
13. Re: Deus Ex Universe Online Hint? Jun 18, 2014, 14:14 Verno

No.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 18, 2014, 13:53 Verno

Just for amusement. Last Jets game I saw:

$80 ticket
$5.50 hot dog
$7.50 beer
$25 parking
$118 total which is on the low end, most of my friends end up at $130-150.

That's just me. Including my girlfriend and daughter it was something like $400.

I can't watch via streaming (legally) because its blacked out if I'm at home. Ugh.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jun 18, 2014, 11:45 Verno

The gaming press is just advertising with a false face. No one asks difficult questions because it means losing access and ad revenue. People like opinions from other gamers on video streaming sites because they can get an opinion and context while having a chance to evaluate the footage and make up their own mind.

I am very interested in reading about a lot of gaming issues but few sites seem in broaching them in the written word (as the article puts it).

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Jun 18, 2014, 11:25 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 11:23:
Do you yourself a favor and put Beamer on ignore. He's nothing but a troll. Haven't you noticed by now that all he does is play the contrarian to get a rise out of people?

Uh that's mostly what you do actually.

Ignoring the usual gender debate, the other article makes some good points about what was lost in the transition from couch play to online. Outside of Nintendo consoles it seems to not really be a priority for companies anymore.

News Comments > Alien Isolation About 15 Hours
8. Re: Alien Isolation About 15 Hours Jun 18, 2014, 10:33 Verno

Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 10:31:
Sega struck out twice with the last 2 big releases for this franchise then dropped support almost as quickly as they arrived. Alien Isolation is literally the last chance the license has in their hands. I only see the really hardcore fans buying and spreading word of mouth to the masses. A:CM made it poison.

Yeah I can't disagree with that. I know this will be a long wait and see thing for me despite a lot of enthusiasm about the potential.

28. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 18, 2014, 10:31 Verno

VR will undoubtedly be a major technology of the future, it just might not be the head worn gear. I envision something with small glasses or implants of some sort but that's waaaaaay off. Most women will take one look at Oculus and write it off completely and I would wager a good chunk of men will do the same.  

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 "Right Around the Corner"
9. Re: Diablo III 2.1.0 Jun 18, 2014, 10:21 Verno

InBlack wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 03:54:
Without a proper PvP mode, none of this really matters. Epeen contest on leaderboards in nice and all but who gives a shit really? People who play Diablo3 10 hours a day??

As far as rifting, its a repetitive and boring mechanic. Making it EVEN FASTER (since its already lightning fast) will result in nothing new or especially exciting...

Color me completely underwhelmed....

That's ARPGs man. I am really bored with the game too so I'm moving on, suggest you do the same Come back when enough content has been added to make it fun again, go through it and repeat.

If you want a proper "end game" then MMOs are basically it and most of those are the same grindy bullshit. I have no regrets about this, it got me through a big release lull and now I've got several other games to play. The new guy really made it fun again IMO despite the games underlying problems from the Jay Wilson days.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access
12. Re: Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access Jun 18, 2014, 10:18 Verno

CrimsonPaw wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 09:37:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 09:13:
When is the beta end?
It ends about 9 months after release - HEYOOOOO!

Funny because its true?

I didn't really enjoy this, spent a few hours with it on the weekend. I like BF games in general but this feels like a weird mishmash of BF mechanics with other subgenres and sits in a strange spot as a result.

BF4 on the other hand is a good deal now that the majority of its issues have been addressed and most of the DLC is out.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2014, 10:05 Verno

They are truly awful even just for raw spectacle. You get like a minute of true action, most of it you can barely follow and an hour of nonsense involving human characters whose names you can't even recall. The rest is just a bunch of mindless explosions. I have no problem turning off my brain for action stuff but they are still insultingly bad even in that context. Transformers movies are the epitome of consumable waste in cinema.  

15638 Comments. 782 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo