Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 14971 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Amazon acquires Double Helix Games
1. Re: Amazon acquires Double Helix Games Feb 6, 2014, 09:24 Verno

I would hope they offer more than Double Helix "exclusives"  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 5, 2014, 12:01 Verno

1badmf wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 11:53:
ok i don't get it. why can a sewage system handle shit, but not tp? tp is far less substantial, breaks up easily in water, and there's a lot less of it than the shit itself. in other words, why would tp clog said system but not shit?

A buddy of mine is a plumber and explained it to me that people tend to use way more than they think they need to. It's also not so much the TP itself as the other stuff (tampons, wipes, dental floss, etc) that people flush along with it. He also said some sewage systems can't deal with the volume due to poor planning. That's about the limit of my knowledge on the matter, anything else I'm sure you can google and have fun explaining that search history to the missus

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2014, 11:27 Verno

Chris Cornell used to sound as good at live performances as he did in the studio but that was before the years of smoking and drinking took its toll. He sounds pretty rough these days although rough for him is still well above most singers.  

News Comments > Stick of Truth Sticks it to Uplay; Preorders Underway
10. Re: Stick of Truth Sticks it to Uplay; Preorders Underway Feb 5, 2014, 11:25 Verno

I don't "hate" UPlay but it's really half assed and tends to shit itself often enough for me to notice. I do like the tangible reward system for achievements, that's one thing they do well. At least Ubisoft is keeping its games on Steam unlike EA.  

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 5, 2014, 11:18 Verno

1badmf wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 11:12:
if it can flush shit, it can flush shit paper. i say fuck it, flush away. not leaving shit-coated tp around in a basket to add its aroma to soviet russia.

Sometimes it's not the toilet or localized plumbing you need to worry about, it's the municipal sewage system that can't handle it.

News Comments > Civ5: The Complete Edition/Free Brave New World Scenario Released
1. Re: Civ5: The Complete Edition/Free Brave New World Scenario Released Feb 5, 2014, 11:16 Verno

Makes some sort of sense here but amusingly they are doing this with XCOM as well.  

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 5, 2014, 10:51 Verno

Task wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 10:21:
ah boohoo, they don't get luxury hotels in russia, cry me a river man, suck it up, and deal with it.

Did you actually read the story before commenting? Look at what they are dealing with there, they're doing a job to cover the olympics, not backpacking on the Appalachian.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 5, 2014, 10:50 Verno

Pachter's argument seems bizarre, as if no one will subscribe unless the latest CoD is on there at release day. Sure it will mostly be back catalog games but that works just fine for many other services which are successful. How profitable it will be is a bigger concern, will the cost of running it and licensing content allow them to make any money? Sony has a pretty large catalog of first party games to rely on if nothing else which might help them more than a company like Netflix. I think their biggest stumbling block is putting this together in a coherent package that they can market to people and working on casual adoption for people who might just have a TV as a PS Now client.  

News Comments > Stick of Truth Sticks it to Uplay; Preorders Underway
3. Re: Stick of Truth Sticks it to Uplay; Preorders Underway Feb 5, 2014, 10:08 Verno

That's great, UPlay is kinda silly anyway. It somehow manages to have even less features than Origin and has actively interfered when I've tried to play games several times.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2014, 10:06 Verno

Yeah we got slammed today too Blue, worst part is the ice never got to melt so we've got 1-2 inches of ice on the ground with 3 inches of snow on top of it. I felt like my car was ice skating into work today and must have seen at least 4-5 cars in the ditch.  

News Comments > More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites
18. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Feb 5, 2014, 09:22 Verno

XDADFF4655C7W6TJRE3C - my beta code if anyone wants it. I can't believe they want to charge monthly fees for this, I've played better F2P stuff. I found this average and forgettable in every way but maybe someone else will enjoy it.  

News Comments > EverQuest Next Requires 64-bit OS
46. Re: EverQuest Next Requires 64-bit OS Feb 5, 2014, 09:19 Verno

I think there's an argument to be made that supporting 32bit operating systems can be a detriment to development efforts and affect the final product but regardless 32bit is dead and buried at this point. You can run it if you want but no one is going to support it going forward.  

31. Re: EverQuest Next Requires 64-bit OS Feb 4, 2014, 16:04 Verno

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 14:20:
According to Steam, 32-bit XP/Vista/7 combined account for about 20% of gamers. IMO it's way past time to go 64-bit only, it's better for everyone.

Some people have to be dragged kicking and screaming along with the rest of us. I remember one time I posted a joke here about Windows ME and some guy actually popped up to defend it. This was sometime last year too.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released
56. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 4, 2014, 14:32 Verno

Major lack of reading comprehension going on ITT  

50. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 4, 2014, 13:27 Verno

siapnar wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 13:22:
I'm truly surprised at how much better this looks than the first few trailers that came out.

There is still hand-holding and dumbed down gameplay, but at least it looks fun!

Agreed, the initial marketing has done them no favors but this trailer was really slick.

News Comments > Morning Previews
4. Re: Morning Previews Feb 4, 2014, 13:24 Verno

The only problem with KB/M in the Souls games is that many sections require precision movement that the designers expected from analog controls. You can still get past those parts though, there is nothing unbeatable. I personally would not play it without a controller but that's just me.  

46. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 4, 2014, 13:20 Verno

nin wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 13:10:
Yeah, I wouldn't recommend wasting your time with that...just pirate it: That's what Jerykkk would do.

He's already said he doesn't pirate games anymore, stop acting like a childish wanker.

News Comments > Nadella New MS CEO; Gates Out as Chairman
8. Re: Nadella New MS CEO; Gates Out as Chairman Feb 4, 2014, 13:19 Verno

Creston wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 12:57:
So the Board kicks out Ballmer AND Gates because they want to shake things up, then they pick this guy as CEO.

Ca plus ce change, etc.

He's an engineer who also grew their online services division from nothing to a billion dollar business despite facing large entrenched competitors. I don't see how he's unqualified or something.

21. Re: EverQuest Next Requires 64-bit OS Feb 4, 2014, 12:22 Verno

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 12:05:

What the horse shit? 3Mbit? Rofl, I haven't been keeping up to date on EQN news... that pretty much makes this game unplayable for me(and most people in the US?) because of ISP monthly bandwidth caps.

Sigh, oh well. It's probably not going to be anything special anyway. *Sour Grapes*

Err what? 3Mbit is probably just an upper requirement for initial loads, I highly doubt it's actively streaming at that rate the entire time.

News Comments > Nadella New MS CEO; Gates Out as Chairman
2. Re: Nadella New MS CEO; Gates Out as Chairman Feb 4, 2014, 12:14 Verno

They put Stephen Elop in charge of the devices division which includes the Xbox. So that probably means its here to stay unless he's covertly tanking it for a competitor like he did with Nokia.  

14971 Comments. 749 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo