Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 15993 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed
30. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed Sep 4, 2014, 15:10 Verno

Played it for 30 minutes and thought it was boring as hell. Pretty but boring and shallow. You can see it went through major design shifts, it just screams a lack of project management. Between this and Knack I don't have fond launch title memories.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SEGA's Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Response
30. Re: SEGA's Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Response Sep 4, 2014, 15:06 Verno

Fantaz wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 14:15:
i'm pretty sure they never do this at the official Microsoft booths, if ever only from the independent developer booths at expos.

I'm pretty sure its happened several times before but I don't care enough to go hunt down links about it.

27. Re: SEGA's Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Response Sep 4, 2014, 14:04 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 13:25:
Now THAT is blatant misrepresentation. Someone could rightfully sue over that.

Agreed, its a common Microsoft tactic, they love to post the promo stuff with all of the bells and whistles running on an i7 with a crazy video card. It's especially amusing when the competition is able to demonstrate on native hardware.

News Comments > EA Taps Starbucks Vet as CMO
42. Re: EA's Taps Starbucks Vet as CMO Sep 4, 2014, 11:48 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 05:20:
I'd like to hear what good moves EA has made in the past five years. I'm not being sarcastic. I just can't think of any. My brain is so full of the shit they've pulled:

The only real positive move I can think of is Origin. It's not Steam but getting better and they are actually having more frequent and deeper sales than they used to, as well as free 72 hour trials and so on. Your list is certainly very valid and I would agree that despite their annual churn of Madden/Fifa that they have done more bad than good over the past 3-4 years.

Unfortunately the big pubs can't afford to put a lot of money into something like Dead Space and wait 2-3 iterations for it to pay off. Their whole business model is annual franchise churn.

News Comments > Sims 4 Pirate Copies Pixelated
14. Re: Sims 4 Pirate Copies Pixelated Sep 4, 2014, 11:29 Verno

Everything I've read about this game is that its basically Sims 3 with less features so I'm not sure I care too much about its anti-piracy protection.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 4, 2014, 09:49 Verno

It's really hard to go back to unmodded Minecraft but I have several friends who will play up the PS4 version so its very tempting.

Also Grim Fandango woohoo.

19. Re: SEGA's Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Response Sep 4, 2014, 09:12 Verno

DangerDog wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 22:24:
Developers and Publishers still are showing off games at trade shows that aren't fair representations of the game, look at how many console games are shown off using PC hardware.

Case in point most of the Xbone demos were running on PCs at recent tradeshows again.

News Comments > Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining
43. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Sep 4, 2014, 08:31 Verno

Krovven wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 20:11:
There are Grift rankings out of Season too. I don't want to see people getting the best gear handed to them because they run streams. If that's what people want, they may as well bring the AH back. Play the game, earn your gear. There was so much fucking whining about the AH and the game improved with the changes they made. Open trading would be a step backwards.

As I said in my previous response it doesn't have to be open trading necessarily. It isn't destroying the console versions of the game and there are several prominent streamers there thanks to the advent of the Share button on the PS4. The streamer already has significant advantages over you or I, he plays more, has followers who boost him and so on. There's no real way around that.

Maybe you care about what happens to streamers, that's certainly your right. Personally I care more about how my friends and I play and enjoy the game. Most of my friends are casual players who would appreciate getting the odd item or two.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month
15. Re: Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month Sep 3, 2014, 16:09 Verno

Whatever people want to call it, Watch Dogs sold way more than it deserved to frankly. I do have hope for the second iteration but Ubisoft has a tendency to go nuts with quantity over quality. AC2 was a good game but overstayed its welcome IMO and the subsequent games have gone too far with repetitive activities woven into the storyline.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2014, 14:59 Verno

1badmf wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 14:56:

and where do you get that he sounds like a whack? not in the article i read. all he did was write a scifi story about a school shooting that was published before he was hired as a teacher, and as a result got KGB'd up the ass. if you're really ok with that, well, you're not the right wing conspiracy theorist nutjob i took you for.

There were a few updates on the other page, something about him sending a weird letter to his employer and a few other things.

Not entirely sure what's going on though, no one has the story straight so really people should just wait until the dust settles a bit.

10. Re: Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month Sep 3, 2014, 14:46 Verno

Creston wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 14:33:
record-breaking open-world action game that has sold-in more than 8 million units

What record did it break, exactly? Because as of February, GTA5 had sold 32.5 million copies.

Also, wtf is sold-in?

Sold to consumers. Shipped means to stores but not necessarily sold, companies say sold in to differentiate it from that.

5. Re: Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month Sep 3, 2014, 14:19 Verno

This was ok but overall a pretty bland open world game, something that is starting to become the Ubisoft mantra. I would be surprised if the sequel does anywhere near as well unless they make some serious improvements. I think they got lucky to move anywhere near those figures, the console release calendar was lean and they spent a fortune marketing this.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
59. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 3, 2014, 14:15 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 13:56:
(I still don't know how Chris Pratt went from junk to hunk in a few months)

Modest calorie diet with an emphasis on protein, weights and celebrities don't have pesky rules about steroids that professional athletes do

You would be amazed what you can accomplish in a few months. I remember post-WoW I had put on 30 pounds. I was up at around 200ish and had lost all muscle tone, my body fat was up and so on. I did Power 90 and looked like I did in college when it was finished.

If you want to see something amusing check out the film "I wanna look like that guy". One flabby filmmakers journey into the world of bodybuilding. The before and after pictures are pretty much what the supplement industry lives for.

News Comments > Op Ed
318. Re: Op Ed Sep 3, 2014, 13:02 Verno

Sho wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 12:31:
Well, this very thread compared Sarkeesian to Hitler and Stalin. Fucking stupidity on both sides.

This thread didn't do anything, maybe a specific poster did but take it up with them and don't try to put all opposing view points into the same bucket. There are far more cogent arguments against Sarkeesians nonsense coming from this thread than for it anyway.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 3, 2014, 10:46 Verno

They update about as often as Chrome and its usually fixing bugs and adding features. It's bizarre that people complain about such things, yeah I really want my software to stagnate and have security problems rarrrr no more updates!!

Who cares what the version string says? Seriously I cannot understand that complaint at all. I don't give a shit if its Firefox 10000.1 or 1.0.

News Comments > Morning Patches
4. Re: Morning Patches Sep 3, 2014, 10:33 Verno

It's pretty easy to find a good set of modpacks though. You can't really balance a game like Minecraft anyway. It's just a shame that it screws so many launchers and packs over, they always lag behind official releases significantly. A proper API would help, speaking of which...

Did the official API ever materialize or is that still vaporware?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 3, 2014, 10:03 Verno

I'm glad that corporations are still scared of something. Municipal internet is usually a success if well managed, the municipality often doesn't have to pay hideous trench/pole fees which lets the cost be recouped much faster than a corporation doing the same.  

News Comments > Op Ed
43. Re: Op Ed Sep 3, 2014, 09:59 Verno

Squirmer wrote on Sep 1, 2014, 03:02:
Okay, now you're arriving at the problem. Game companies should have to hire another person just to ensure their developers aren't being sexist assholes. Spreading awareness of these issues will help to address that problem.

Haha what? Do women hire male script doctors at great expense to ensure that Greys Anatomy and Say Yes to the Dress is more relatable to me, even if it means changing the core programs?

News Comments > The Sims 4 and Patch Released
14. Re: The Sims 4 and Patch Released Sep 3, 2014, 09:49 Verno

Ranger55 wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 17:43:
My wife is playing it. They've REALLY scaled it all back. Even basic features that were part of the base versions of 2 and 3 have been removed to make it more console friendly. Pretty much the same "simplifying" treatment that Sim City got.

It's not the consoles, they just want to sell everything as DLC.

News Comments > EA Taps Starbucks Vet as CMO
3. Re: EA's Taps Starbucks Vet as CMO Sep 3, 2014, 09:48 Verno

Cutter wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 09:44:
Creston wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 09:33:
Only EA would pretend that a fucking marketing officer actually brings any kind of meaning to a game.

Yep, that's the problem in a nutshell. They believe that marketing is more important than the product itself.

Agreed. Marketing is important but many games are carried on word of mouth alone, when I see marketing budgets for video games my eyes just boggle. It is pretty rare to find a great game thats passed over by people and unmarketed.

15993 Comments. 800 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo