Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 17495 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay Video
21. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay Video Jun 19, 2015, 09:25 Verno

Squirmer wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 01:45:
Looks like still has the same problems as HR, like giving XP for every little thing you do. You get 10-20xp for each enemy you KO/kill, but if you ghost past them presumably you get nothing. Not surprising, since their definition of ghosting is KOing every enemy.

And the hacking minigame is back, so I guess half of all the augs will be devoted to that again.

I still enjoyed DX:HR despite those small problems so meh. When it comes to this style of game I'll take what I can get and what I got from HR was a lot of enjoyment.

Playing: Dark Souls 2: Scholars of the First Sin
Watching: Cop Car
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2015, 08:51 Verno

Probably for the best, they have crazy amounts of ticks you probably don't want to be picking off Gunnar anyway, sure trip to the vet.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 18, 2015, 15:08 Verno

Shadow of the Colossus was pretty awesome at the time, not sure how well TLG will hold up though considering its like 6 years overdue.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
18. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 18, 2015, 13:18 Verno

Apparently no paid mods planned either which is a good sign.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2015, 11:48 Verno

My girlfriends mother is a vet who sometimes gets called out by the county to look at stuff like that when they get trapped animals and etc. I texted her the pic and she said its probably a tumor, apparently there is a lot of fibromatosis in animals in the wild.  

10. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 18, 2015, 11:19 Verno

Right below that he says:

Howard went on to stress that, while much of Fallout 4's world is bright and colorful, a section of the Fallout 4 map--where the bomb fell--will be a dark and dreary place, as you might expect.

I think he's just talking about having more environmental variety instead of endless mountains of grey/brown drabness which is fine by me. A lot of those limitations were resource related anyway and its a bigger setting this time so it makes sense. The world is a colorful place and there's no reason it can't continue to be that even in a post apocalyptic setting.

So long as they don't overdo it I don't see a problem. New Vegas wasn't really hurt by it.

7. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 18, 2015, 11:06 Verno

Fallout 3 had great exploration, if you're content making up your own goals and finding cool stuff in the world then its a great game for that. A little settlement with a hysterical despot that has amusing resolutions. A random library has a unique gun laying around on a corpse with some history attached. An alien landing site. Just cool, random stuff that makes the world fun to explore and the RP a bit more interesting. If you're more story driven and want direction New Vegas is a better game for that, though you can also go off the beaten path there too.

Skyrim was weird, I really enjoyed some aspects of it and hated others. The repetitive radiant AI stuff sucked but the game had a lot of cool little sidequests and other stuff. I was disappointed in the quality of the guild quests, I felt they were better done in Oblivion. The storyline was pretty mediocre too but I did end up finishing it, you can burn through it surprisingly fast. I did find some mods helped me along the way in terms of enjoyment but YMMV, some people get too sidetracked by them.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 18, 2015, 09:08 Verno

The $150 controller doesn't even come with a wireless dongle for PC or a play n charge kit, you still have to put AA batteries in it. Continuing the fine tradition of overpriced Microsoft peripherals.  

News Comments > Op Ed
38. Re: Op Ed Jun 18, 2015, 09:05 Verno

Ignoring the troll spam, the industry gets away with it because console users tend to buoy the market and their buying standards are pretty low plus they're locked in without many options on their platforms. There are other factors and reasons behind it but if primarily left to the PC gaming market, publishers would've had to take different approaches to make money in the face of rising costs and a relatively static product price point. Valve figured this out, EA still has not. They're getting better but still not there yet.

Also the PC gaming show sucked because AMD was the main sponsor and didn't put a lot of money into it. Nvidia wanted to do a lot but was prevented from doing anything due to the contract with the expo.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Preorders
17. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of the Storm Preorders Jun 18, 2015, 08:58 Verno

Awesome, good time to revisit this MMO classic  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 17, 2015, 13:30 Verno

With its entirely new rendering engine, Edge promises to let you download other browsers even faster than before.

Hahaha well played cracked.

News Comments > PC No Man's Sky Confirmed
24. Re: PC No Man's Sky Confirmed Jun 17, 2015, 13:17 Verno

Ok so I read an article on Polygon that says the game is actually pretty decent and they're going to start opening up more about its various gameplay aspects. A step in the right direction.  

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 17, 2015, 11:15 Verno

Creston wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 11:10:
So what happened to PS4 doing the Gaikai thing?

It works really well, it just turns out no one seems to give a shit about playing a lot of older games once the system has a library. Also their pricing model is kinda meh.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 17, 2015, 10:55 Verno

Quboid wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 10:53:
I just do what Kate Upton tells me to do. Can't help it.

I just do what Kate Upton's rack tells me to do.

News Comments > Gears of War Ultimate Edition for PC Announced
8. Re: Gears of War Ultimate Edition for PC Announced Jun 17, 2015, 10:41 Verno

The Ultimate Edition doesn't include the other games? It's just a fucking resolution update for the original game? Get the fuck out of here!  

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 17, 2015, 10:17 Verno

The Xbox One BC is limited to 100 first party games, less than a dozen right now. I doubt publishers will embrace it with open arms either. It's a victory in the press release war more than anything else, a nice feather in the cap but not really going to make much real impact.

If this was around launch I would care but both systems have plenty to play now so whatever.

News Comments > PC No Man's Sky Confirmed
20. Re: PC No Man's Sky Confirmed Jun 17, 2015, 09:27 Verno

yuastnav wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 08:09:
Ok. So what do you actually DO in this game?

Indeed. I'm tired of seeing the same 5 minutes retread. Show us some uninterrupted gameplay of what people will actually be doing.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 17, 2015, 09:26 Verno

I was really hoping the Lightning would take it to game 7 but I'm amazed they got that far, Chicago is definitely a dynasty team. I think they'll be broken up due to salary cap concerns next year but man, what a well rounded team.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity White March Expansion Details
16. Re: Pillars of Eternity White March Expansion Details Jun 17, 2015, 09:12 Verno

harlock wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 08:07:
really wish i had waited for this, because im not going to be replaying this anytime soon, if ever

yeh... its quite possibly the days of replaying anything are behind me

The only stuff I tend to replay is old SNES era where you can pick it up and put it down easily. I wish I had more time for replays, games like New Vegas are begging for more playthroughs but there is just so much shit on the market and very little time to play it due to responsibilities. I swear going into retirement I'm going to have a list of like 500 games to play.

2. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 17, 2015, 09:10 Verno

So them getting back on track is shitty streaming from an Xbox One and a fucking Gears of War remake? Bwhahaha.  

17495 Comments. 875 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo