Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 17341 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed May 21, 2015, 10:05 Verno

GOG is cool but Galaxy is way too barebones to use as a primary source of games IMO.  
Playing: The Witcher 3
Watching: True Detective
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades
21. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 10:01 Verno

Lord Tea wrote on May 21, 2015, 09:45:
Nope. Wrong. I don't understand. Plenty of games out there that are PC only and do/did extremely well. Wasteland 2 for example. And tons of other indie games.

And by the way: I'm getting pissed off by all those post-release-apologies and can't hear the BS (a.k.a. LIES) anymore. They had to release this on all platforms. Good. The game has issues on ALL platforms. Bad. Lack of optimisation on consoles, causing serious framedrops on PS4. Xbox One can't even handle Full HD. PC suffers from quality downgrade and performance is fair at best.

Get your act together CDPR.

As the developer already said, we wouldn't have The Witcher 3 without consoles. They are a huge part of the market and the PC base doesn't sell enough units to afford a budget so high. There's a financial side to the business that you simply don't seem to understand or care about but its a reality nonetheless. I'm pretty happy with what we received, I don't see a real cause for complaint here. It's easy to cherry pick static screenshots but the game itself looks pretty great while I'm playing it. You've played it right? You're not just going by forum talk? I ask because I find it hard to believe anyone would be seriously displeased by what they delivered.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation May 21, 2015, 09:29 Verno

Instant buy on the Bloodborne DLC for me, that shit is GOTY so far. Great game.  

News Comments > CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades
7. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 09:28 Verno

Marketing is a tough balancing act as Ubisoft has found out recently with backlash over their displayed vs actual products. In the case of The Witcher 3 I find the game overall to be so nice looking that I don't mind any downgrades.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2015, 09:18 Verno

I always preferred Letterman's acerbic wit to Leno's blandness, sad to see him retire. His interviews were rarely predictable and often interesting. I still remember how he handled the extortion stuff awhile back, no one else would have been so head on and I think he saved his own legacy by being so blunt and direct about it.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 21, 2015, 09:15 Verno

Canadian Piracy Rates Plummet as Industry Points to Effectiveness of Copyright Notice-and-Notice System

In unrelated news, use of VPNs and Usenet spikes across Canada

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released
90. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 21, 2015, 09:06 Verno

Flatline wrote on May 20, 2015, 14:47:
Gotta say the art direction is *gorgeous* at times. The first time I rode into the bog forest and the wind kicked up it made me shiver it looked and sounded so great.

I need to update my drivers but using old drivers I get pretty smooth performance in game and in dialogue i drop frames. It's weird.

I'm not a fan of Geralt's movement out of combat. I suspect a patch will fix that though.

Having lots of fun though.

I do wish there would be some sort of analog movement system so that he isn't just running everywhere, its kind of an odd omission considering how console centric many aspects of design are. Another one is the tiny ass font size, I thought maybe I needed glasses so I swapped from the HDTV to my 27" monitor but its the same story there. I see a lot of complaints on forums about that as well so hopefully that's something they look into.

News Comments > More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy
60. Re: More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy May 20, 2015, 14:02 Verno

This was back in the early Vista days and the info came from an ex-Microsoft engineer over at SA who worked on the Windows team (he had a pretty graph I'm trying to track down on my HD). Back then Creative was a bigger player and soundcards were more common, Creative was still definitely a niche in the overall market but they were responsible for a disproportionate number of BSOD reports and essentially refused to invest properly into fixing their constant messes. As you said Microsoft eventually saw the benefit of taking control away but Creatives drivers were definitely marked as one of the factors.  

News Comments > More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy
58. Re: More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy May 20, 2015, 12:47 Verno

It wasn't support calls, it was BSODs being audio driver related and you can thank Creative for that. Creative drivers were responsible for something absurd like 14% of all Vista BSODs. Microsoft gave them a million chances which Creative squandered and finally got fed up.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation May 20, 2015, 10:00 Verno

Cutter wrote on May 20, 2015, 08:57:
So CDPR gimped the game out of greed to tap into the console markets and in the end everyone loses regardless. And there seems to be a ton of stability issues for PC players to boot. I hear it crashes more than Crash Bandicoot crashing a party. Nice play, Shakespeare.

Game looks beautiful and runs fine for me Guitarist

News Comments > DOOM Reveal at E3
76. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 19, 2015, 15:39 Verno

Who is working on this, id or another studio inside of Bethesda? I hope they gave it to the guys who did the new Wolfenstein game, that shit was awesome.  

47. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 13:54 Verno

I find the game perfectly fine to control using the gamepad, no issues at all. I can play gamepad & KB/M interchangeably in everything except FPS and RTS.

I think its a great game so far but I'm only a few hours in.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews May 19, 2015, 13:36 Verno

ItBurn wrote on May 19, 2015, 11:44:
I pure hate the new Eurogamer review system.

Why? The lack of a score I assume? Or just the authors comments about morality and such?

News Comments > etc.
35. Re: etc. May 19, 2015, 13:34 Verno

By the "wider context of GG", I mean all reasonable people already know GG is a harassment campaign perpetrated by manchildren who feel threatened by things they don't like or don't understand. After all, that's why GG was even mentioned in the report to begin with, because it was such a prominent source of abuse.

"All reasonable people" like yourself of course I assume? In other words the reports don't matter unless they're favorable to something you care about and negative to something you don't.

Almost like a man child who feels threatened by things he doesn't understand or like? This kind of nonsense is just as bad as the dude on twitter calling women names.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 19, 2015, 13:31 Verno

Ozmodan wrote on May 18, 2015, 10:44:
What is amazing is that people actually try to defend their cheating.

I directly blame console game writers because they have been putting in cheat codes in games forever and therein lies the problem, sanctified cheating.

It's a video game, I give a shit when someone cheats on their taxes, video games not so much.

45. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 13:20 Verno

InBlack wrote on May 19, 2015, 12:42:
Verno wrote on May 19, 2015, 09:46:
I'm playing with a gamepad on my HTPC in the living room and its pretty twitchy for sure, I'm going to see about tweaking sensitivity later. Can't agree with you about the graphics at all, I've got everything cranked and fully modded Skyrim never looked this good.

Verno, does the game handle better with a K+M or with a controller? Im seriously bad with controllers, but I would be willing to put the effort in to get to grips with it if its worth it.

I don't know, I'm only using a gamepad with Steam Big Picture since I'm playing on my HTPC in the living room. Game is way too gorgeous for a small screen

39. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 12:08 Verno

The volume in the prerendered cutscenes is way too low, I have to crank my receiver to hear them. That would be fine but its not consistent with the in game volume which is waaay too loud after the cutscenes finish.  

31. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 10:37 Verno

You will definitely get $50 worth out of it, assuming you like third person RPGs. It's quasi open world but not as watered down as most if that helps, the sidequests have real personality to them as opposed to collecting bear asses.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 19, 2015, 09:51 Verno

Cutter wrote on May 18, 2015, 21:16:
Mmm, yes. He seemed so nice and responsible in trying to have some people murdered, didn't he?

You were the one claiming he was being railroaded during the trial.

26. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 09:46 Verno

nin wrote on May 19, 2015, 09:22:

My example was Scatterblak, not you. In his post history, he complains another game isn't first person, so it "sucks".

And people complained about GTA first person, when it was obvious it was a feature added on later, and not one originally designed/included.

Did you bother reading the date on those? His last post was 9 years ago. Give the guy a break already.

Movement is a bit annoying, but I recall that being the case in Witcher 2 as well. Geralt will abruptly turn or start animations if you barely touch the keyboard. I've run in to many people while riding the horse. I've stopped using the horse if I'm in town or not going very far. The movement reminds me of Assassin's Creed, only Geralt isn't trying to climb every tiny rock he sees. I think Skyrim is slightly better in the graphics area.

I'm playing with a gamepad on my HTPC in the living room and its pretty twitchy for sure, I'm going to see about tweaking sensitivity later. Can't agree with you about the graphics at all, I've got everything cranked and fully modded Skyrim never looked this good.

17341 Comments. 868 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo