Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 17880 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2015, 11:59 Verno

I got bumped from one (thanks Titans) but I'm still kicking in my other survivor league thanks to a lucky pick with the Raiders. I got absolutely decimated in all of the pick ems but at least it was fun, some of those games were fantastic.  
Playing: XCOM 2, Diablo 3
Watching: American Crime, Regression
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Sep 21, 2015, 11:33 Verno

Haha never gonna forgive him for Mass Effect eh Creston?  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Dedicated Servers
4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Dedicated Servers Sep 21, 2015, 10:28 Verno

This dovetails nicely with this reddit discussion I was reading earlier about how matchmaking is killing online gaming communities and clans. A lot of online play now just feels geared towards treadmilling badges and XP rather than group play.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2015, 09:25 Verno

Yeah, I guess they shouldn't have been selling those pumps at their store, just made Brady angry. Dude is a force of nature, he threw for something like 450 yards yesterday.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2015, 09:15 Verno

Sad about about Romo, I hope that doesn't sink the Cowboys for this season. So many upsets last week, great week to watch but a tough week for pick em. I was at a house party on Sunday, guy had his receiver hooked up to a projector outside and it was a riot. Lots of upset gamblers hahah.

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 2015, 09:24.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
20. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 21, 2015, 09:13 Verno

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 21, 2015, 06:13:
Find it odd that ARK is on the list. It is still a very buggy mess that they still have NOT patched.

It's an early access game that is being updated regularly. Think before you post.

47. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2015, 15:01 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Sep 17, 2015, 16:09:
Eventually, meat and dairy prices will be too expensive, and most people will be defacto vegans.

I don't see that happening any time soon and people already pay a premium for meat in many places.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2015, 13:09 Verno

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 18, 2015, 11:34:
Well, I had KC in our pick'em league last night -- but I don't feel too bad since I had Peyton in my fantasy league despite his week 1 performance. So, I came out even overall....

Yeah I did something similar for mine, got away with it and lost at the same time. I have too many leagues going on this year and need to drop some, its getting hard to keep track between 4 pick ems, 2 fantasy and 2 survivor leagues.

Some annoying choices this week, I am really iffy on the Ravens but even moreso on the Raiders. Also I have no faith in the Giants so I'm going with my gut on that one despite my head saying they're the better choice.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 18, 2015, 12:57 Verno

Damned shame to see Konami go out like this  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2015, 16:02 Verno

The trick is just not do it at all, veganism sucks.  

News Comments > DARK SOULS III in April
4. Re: DARK SOULS III in April Sep 17, 2015, 14:58 Verno

Nah we're pretty busy these days so I'm trying to be more choosy with games. Maybe XCOM2 though, I really enjoyed the first one despite the warts and lack of randomized maps.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Sep 17, 2015, 13:01 Verno

harlock wrote on Sep 17, 2015, 12:18:
ive noticed all the long-time metal gear fan reviewers are pissed and disappointed in the depth and breadth and length of the plotline and story elements... while those who are new to the series or casual players of past games barely even mention this

the last MG game i played was the one on the PS3, which was widely regarded as having way way way way too much story and plot, to the point of extreme frustration and anger (45 min unskippable cutscenes etc)...

so really im not surprised how sparse this one is in comparison

but really, i havent noticed it as being a problem in this game - for example, it has quite a bit more plot and storyline than something like the Far Cry games, which are actually very similar to this game in many ways with the base assaults and marking targets and stealth stuff, etc.

and i kinda wish these hardcore fans would have the self-awareness to realize this... but it seems much more like a bunch of pokemon fans complaining about the latest iterations lack of jiggamons and pubismons when they were so pivotal to the 'pokemons go the moon' series, blah blah blah blah blah

I don't see the problem either. The tapes just replace the bullshit in older games where you had 30 minutes of 2 talking heads while you were forced to twiddle your thumbs.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2015, 11:35 Verno

I'm making a big batch of chili this weekend and starting a new web dev course on Sunday, its a skills update thing and I'm really excited about it. Lots of focus on creating mobile friendly content which I need these days. GF is really into Brooklyn Nine Nine on Netflix lately so we'll probably watch that. Pretty boring stuff, sometimes the best life is the predictable one. Hurt myself climbing last week so it's going to set a Rainier training thing I wanted to do back awhile.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 17, 2015, 10:12 Verno

Upgraded FireTV looks awesome. MicroSD slot, USB port, Ethernet, 802.11ac, HDMI/Optical and a quad core CPU. They switched the remote from bluetooth over to Wifi-direct as well.  

News Comments > DARK SOULS III in April
1. Re: DARK SOULS III in April Sep 17, 2015, 10:09 Verno

Awesome really looking forward to this. I just hope the armor system makes a bit more sense, fashion souls is fun and all but it would be nice if damage reduction made more sense with heavy armor. It feels like too much DR hinges on shields and armor is almost cosmetic outside of elemental defenses.

Almost done with my covenant PvP stuff in DS2 then I'm ready for Fallout 4 to tide me over until this!

News Comments > Fallout 4 Videos
21. Re: Fallout 4 Videos Sep 17, 2015, 08:51 Verno

Got it for like $40 from GMG a few months ago, Fallout games always deliver and I don't mind preordering in this case.  

32. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2015, 08:46 Verno

InBlack wrote on Sep 17, 2015, 03:00:
Did you read the study? You know the one posted above from the .gov site? If you quit trolling for just 2 seconds and actually read something someone else posted you might not have the worst reputation on Blues you know...

http://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/cam/patient/cannabis-pdq/#link/_13

I don't see any study linked there, there are some clinical trials under way though. That site is just a topical on some potential treatments with a very limited scope that in no way indicate a cure. We have discovered many tumor inhibitors for lab animals over the years but they don't always translate to humans. The very limited clinical trials referenced there only apply to liver tumors in rats and could also be attributed to other factors. That's why they are doing trials and not proclaiming "cure your cancer" which is irresponsible and ignorant at this stage of research.

There's a lot more data that needs to be gathered before people start throwing around the term "cure" and start believing every snake oil salesman online. Cancer is too wide reaching for any effective conspiracy, almost every family has been affected by it in some way and it would be impossible to cover up. Hope is a wonderful thing but it can be dangerous too, it shouldn't be thrown around so lightly just to suit one guys penchant for conspiracy theories and seeing boogeymen in every corner.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 16, 2015, 14:32 Verno

Fion wrote on Sep 16, 2015, 12:40:
I don't get the hoopla around this 'offline viewing'. I mean how many mobile devices out there aren't connected to the internet? Is there that big a percentage of homes without a home network?

A lot of people want to sync to their mobile devices. Personally I can't stand watching video on such a small screen but trust me, its a minority opinion these days. Its one of the biggest reasons people get the Plex Pass, I can see Netflix users wanting it too.

News Comments > Five Nights at Freddy's World Announced
8. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's World Announced Sep 16, 2015, 12:26 Verno

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 16, 2015, 10:41:
They should have stopped at the second one, they have effectively killed this IP multiple times over now.

You can only milk a stupid game only so far....

Is that sort of like you must have killed the internet multiple times over with doozies like this?

The games make money and he obviously has fans, I don't see a problem here. Don't buy them.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 16, 2015, 09:45 Verno

What Windows Phone community? Microsoft abandoning its hardware partner didn't exactly send a positive signal to the ecosystem as a whole so its no surprise. There just isn't room for Windows Phone and it doesn't really offer anything that other phone platforms don't already do better.

I have to say that the Microsoft Store is some of the sorriest shit I've ever come across. I spent some time looking at releasing an app I'm working on and concluded it wasn't worth the effort. The amount of fraudulent apps is appalling, the search is a joke and the availability of quality core apps is very hit and miss.

17880 Comments. 894 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo