Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 16818 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witness Blows Through Braid Earnings
3. Re: The Witness Blows Through Braid Earnings Feb 9, 2015, 12:37 Verno

I didn't love Braid to be honest but this looks pretty interesting. I need some games to play on the consoles, they're just gathering dust these days so maybe I'll pick this up.  

Playing: Bloodborne, Pillars of Eternity, DOTA2
Watching: Vikings, Dig, The Jinx
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
91. Re: etc., etc. Feb 9, 2015, 12:35 Verno

Understand when I say attention "whore" I by no means using that term as slander against her gender; I view her as an attention whore as I am a New York Pizza whore.

Absolutely and there's nothing wrong with that. I don't think anyone is really having a debate over these things either, its just causing polarization and conflict. What frustrates me is how one sided it is, people don't give the industry any credit. The gaming industry is still young but despite that has grown significantly in terms of gender specific offerings and representation over the past 10 years.

People also seem to ignore other forms of media and marketing where gender tropes are even worse, many of those industries where women are in positions of power now even. Like movies and television, gaming is a business first and foremost so companies are giving the consumer what they desire. That doesn't mean the industry or its audience are flawed, people often seek out unrealistic and exaggerated entertainment, women are no strangers to that either.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2015, 10:20 Verno

I made your chili recipe on Saturday Blue, it was with my girlfriend and another couple I know through work. It was really good but came out much hotter than I anticipated. Next time I will not throw that extra chipotle in just because I want to get rid of it, haha. I was worried it would be too much for the others but I kept the wine flowing and everyone was either too drunk to notice or just genuinely enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

I got to the butcher late on Friday so they were almost out of everything so I ended up using a mix of meats (ground pork, ground beef and some veal). I threw in a bit of brown sugar as well.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Beta Details
6. Re: Battlefield Hardline Beta Details Feb 9, 2015, 10:01 Verno

Straylight wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 09:37:
2) On game day release, the servers will be overloaded, "we didn't foresee this many people wanting to play our game despite how many people pre-ordered it"

I don't know, do you really see this selling that well? Word of mouth on it has been pretty tepid.

88. Re: etc., etc. Feb 9, 2015, 09:02 Verno

beremot wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 16:28:
Yes, Verno, you've figured it out. I am Beamer's sock puppet, or he is mine, or something. Better add me to your list too. Can't have any disruptions in the echo chamber.

Interesting how I didn't use any names and yet that connection was made Sure, I will toss you into the "echo chamber" of my massive ignore list, all 2 people that are on it. To be honest your frequent diatribes were getting kind of tiresome anyway, have a nice life.

News Comments > etc.
17. Re: etc. Feb 6, 2015, 15:30 Verno

I've never really had an issue with Steam Support, the few tickets I've had were answered within a business day and resolved without issue.

Greenmangaming's support on the other hand is terrible. They tried to screw me on a refund (their fault) which took 8 back and forths to resolve. It only ended in my favor because I refused to accept their BS reasoning and threatened a chargeback and complaint to their payment processor. That was a real wake up call to the price of cheap games there.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2015, 15:17 Verno

The serial TV article was quite interesting, thanks for the link.  

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Winners
12. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 6, 2015, 12:48 Verno

Mordor had a dreadful story that was was poorly strung together and made little sense. Outstanding Achievement my ass haha.  

29. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2015, 11:54 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 12:54:
AirWreck wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 11:18:
The book (Under the Skin) is worth a read, although surprisingly (to me) far less surreal.

I haven't read it, but I understand that it lays out the whole back story and explains things a lot more explicitly.

Watch Donnie Darko recently for the first time recently, and I love that movie for a lot of the same reasons. There's something surreal and intricate going on, but you're only seeing a slice of it, and multiple viewings deepen your understanding of it.

That's how I feel about Momento, its by far Christopher Nolan's best film. I've seen it half a dozen times and I always get something new out of it.

News Comments > Techland Reconfirms Dying Light Mod Support
29. Re: Techland Reconfirms Dying Light Mod Support Feb 6, 2015, 11:53 Verno

I missed this thread a few days ago, great to hear it was just a misunderstanding.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2015, 10:00 Verno

I'm actually going to take a crack at your chili on the weekend since we're supposed to get another foot of snow here. I want to try weapons grade but my girlfriend doesn't have my tolerance for hot food so we're going to do a few jalapenos and some chipoltle as a compromise. She reminded me to pick up some pitas on the way home and we can use the chili leftovers in wraps.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 6, 2015, 09:42 Verno

2 hours to learn a game isn't much of a time investment and it really depends on the genre. It is really hard to make a game with depth if any user can "learn" it in 20 minutes. The best games are smart about how they unfold mechanics gradually over time.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Rogue Eye Tracking
2. Re: Assassin's Creed Rogue Eye Tracking Feb 6, 2015, 09:39 Verno

How about you guys just focus on shipping the game in a decent state?  

72. Re: etc., etc. Feb 6, 2015, 09:09 Verno

The line break after every sentence and overall syntax look awfully similar to a user already on my ignore list.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
16. Re: Game Reviews Feb 5, 2015, 12:57 Verno

Cutter wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 15:50:
DAI was good, not great. It also depends on what you expect and want out of a CRPG. I didn't care for the combat and classes - I'm just too old school D&D in that regard. I did enjoy the story and some of the side quests - beyond the grindy fetch filler. I enjoyed the world itself immensely. It's a wonderful, well designed, very beautiful place to explore and I still haven't seen most of it. A few zones I skipped entirely on my first playthrough.

Just finished another run of SR:D and loved it. I am totes down for HK. DOS I like, but I agree it's not great, just decent. W2 wasn't bad but it's been the biggest let down so far, it's pretty meh. All I can say is PoE better be effing good seeing as it's coming in a year late.

I think most people generally agreed DA:I was a good but flawed game. The press went kinda nuts because there wasn't much else last year, it was a disappointing year for games overall. It's biggest flaw is just sharing the name and universe from Dragon Age, they need to decide on a design direction and stick with it instead of constantly pulling the rug out from under fans.

I thought Wasteland 2 was still pretty decent. It was a bit more simplistic than I would've liked but definitely delivered in the content department. My biggest beef was how buggy it was but they've sorted most of it now thankfully.

53. Re: etc., etc. Feb 5, 2015, 12:45 Verno

Prez wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 12:41:
You can argue about whether you think Sarkeesian is a noble crusader or a phoney attention-whoring hack (I choose the latter myself but I am done arguing) and that's all well and good, but to claim that she is a humanist? Utterly ridiculous. She is a man-hating feminazi. Period.

100% agreed my friend, I had to guffaw at the headline as I figured it was a troll Onion link from one of our resident SJWs.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 5, 2015, 11:32 Verno

Yeah he should just setup a Patreon account or something. I don't whitelist anything anymore, the only times I've ever had a malware issue were related to advertisements from a site I whitelisted.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 5, 2015, 10:28 Verno

I'll wait and see how the game is first  

News Comments > South Park: The Stick of Truth DLC "Unlikely"
1. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth DLC Feb 5, 2015, 09:51 Verno

Damned shame, by far one of the best games I played last year and one of the few where I actually wanted DLC.  

49. Re: removed Feb 5, 2015, 08:45 Verno

Cutter wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 22:59:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 5, 2015, 07:20.

I saw this before it got nuked and you should be ashamed of yourself Cutter. One of the most repugnant comments I've seen on this site.

16818 Comments. 841 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo