Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 17353 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Oculus Rift Price Discussed
1. Re: Oculus Rift Price Discussed May 28, 2015, 09:39 Verno

So $450-600 for the Rift itself then? Yeesh a bit higher than I thought.  
Playing: The Witcher 3
Watching: True Detective
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WildStar Goes Free-to-Play
1. Re: WildStar Goes Free-to-Play May 28, 2015, 09:28 Verno

That's cool, I wanted to spend more time with this in beta but got wrapped up with other stuff. I'll definitely give it another chance.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
11. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 28, 2015, 08:44 Verno

NetHead wrote on May 27, 2015, 23:46:
Paranoid Jack wrote on May 27, 2015, 21:50:
...yet we still do most of our business with them?

Like you or anyone else has an option lol. If there's only a single country in the world that could crash everything by literally doing nothing it's China.

China would also crash if America stopped buying its goods, our economies are so intertwined that these sorts of comparisons are silly.

News Comments > Overwatch Video
18. Re: Overwatch Video May 27, 2015, 23:46 Verno

For some reason this reminds me of Brink meets TF2. I'll reserve judgment until I play it but I'm not going to be going out of my way to get a beta invite or something.  

News Comments > CDPR: "Too Early" to Discuss Cyberpunk 2077
37. Re: CDPR: May 27, 2015, 23:42 Verno

Cutter wrote on May 27, 2015, 19:25:

Clearly you have a very short memory. So it'll be 5 years before they have anything to show, than another 2 or 3 before they have a game. That's vaporware territory. Don't be surprised when the plug gets pulled on this next year.

My memory is just fine, you're just being defensive for no reason. You're the one who can't seem to recall why games get announced and delayed, I was just explaining how and why it occurs. In this case they diverted resources towards completing The Witcher 3 because they didn't have the manpower to do both. At the time they thought they did but shit changed so they rolled with it. Better that than half assing two projects. This happens all the time in the industry. CDPR isn't known for vaporware either, if they decide to really move on with the project I have no problem believing they will finish it. They literally just finished shipping a 100+ hour RPG so I'm not sure why the word vaporware even enters into the equation, usually that gets you some credit with people. They have to do a bunch of post content for that since it pays the bills for more niche projects like this. So yeah obviously it might be a year or two before they get into Cyberpunk in earnest.

If it gets cancelled then oh well, that happens all the time too. Better something get cancelled than it sink a great studio.

22. Re: CDPR: May 27, 2015, 15:16 Verno

Cutter wrote on May 27, 2015, 13:34:
Then why even bother announcing if it's 5 years before you even have anything to show? 3 years on and not willing to even talk about it? We've seen how that usually pans out in this industry.

For marketing purposes, to drum up interest in the game. Sometimes schedules slip and announced games get moved to the backburner instead. It's not like they do it on purpose. I'm not sure why this requires an explanation.

8. Re: CDPR: May 27, 2015, 11:01 Verno

Task wrote on May 27, 2015, 10:49:
Cyberpunk 2070 is going to be based on the ruleset of Pen and Paper/Tabletop RPG game Cyberpunk 2020; just set 50 years in the future in that fictional world.

<lots of other helpful info>

Thanks for all of that info, sounds very interesting and I would definitely check it out. I just hope its commercially viable for them, titles with a niche appeal but large AAA budgets can sometimes sink a whole studio.

News Comments > Borderlands Drop Rate Increases
3. Re: Borderlands Drop Rate Increases May 27, 2015, 10:05 Verno

Might be too little, too late for some but my group has been looking for something to play and the Pre-Sequel is going cheap fairly often so I think we'll check it out. The legendary drop rate was my biggest beef with BL2.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2015, 09:35 Verno

Get him a collar that says Big Pimpin on it.

That FIFA story is sad but unsurprising, the allegations have been coming and going for years that they were taking bribes for influence on everything from event host locations to disciplinary stuff.

News Comments > The Witcher III Patched
75. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 27, 2015, 08:54 Verno

eRe4s3r wrote on May 27, 2015, 00:23:
A lot.. and I mean a really HUGE LOT..... of people will ALWAYS loot EVERYTHING they see.

Of course, its a CRPG and you never know when things will be needed for some obscure event or quest. Saves a lot of time backtracking.

I played a bit more last night and had some fun with the main quest line. The sidequest writing is pretty good but I think they're landing too far on the bleak side of things now, almost every quest I've run into has some unintended dark consequence or gut punch. Looking forward to seeing a few sunnier ones.

News Comments > Fraudulent ESO Keys Banned
24. Re: Fraudulent ESO Keys Banned May 27, 2015, 08:52 Verno

Why is it wrong that the buyers share some blame? Shouldn't the consumer have some responsibility to what they're buying and where they're obtaining it from? I regularly avoid doing business with shady establishments for that reason.  

45. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 16:24 Verno

I don't necessarily disagree descender but people play with all sorts of weird configs. People were complaining about an FPS game where they couldn't rebind mouse buttons to walk and stuff like that on here before. I think if you're offering something on the PC you have to at least be conscious of that stuff. That being said they've been pretty great about fixing things so far, people need to give them more credit and stop being all hyperbolic about graphics downgrades and shit like that.  

43. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 16:21 Verno

Krovven wrote on May 26, 2015, 16:13:
Aww, I've hurt Verno's feelings, so much so that he called me a doofus. I'm gonna go cry in the corner now.

I didn't insult you Verno. I may think your opinions on this are shit, but I didn't insult you. If you've got nothing to say in return, keep you big mouth shut for a change.

I don't really care what you think, sorry internet tough guy. I'll say whatever I want whenever I want, you can deal with it Allthumbsup

Getting back to real game talk instead of internet slapfights - something I wish I had known before hand was the linear upgrade path for the starter gear. I had ditched it on a merchant near the beginning. I have no idea when vendors restock, some of them don't appear to and others change constantly. Anyways he still had my Kaer Morhan crap so I just grabbed it again.

Dev confirmation of a fix incoming for the font scaling for anyone else who wondered.

40. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 16:08 Verno

JayDeath wrote on May 26, 2015, 15:27:
People are freaking out on the steam forum that the new patch has lowered their fps as well as other problems but I haven't read any of that here so far.

People have said that about every patch so far though is the problem. The Steam discussions are kind of a cesspool and its hard to get usable info from them. So far I've had nothing but performance increases from the patches and my performance was pretty stellar from the beginning.

39. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 16:02 Verno

Just gonna ignore the doofus with an obvious personal axe to grind.

Then build two UI's. This is exactly the reason why windows 8.0 is so poor. Trying to do too much in one thing instead of making two.

Err that's really expensive and often times games barely limp to the finish line as it is. I hear what you're saying but shit happens, I'm not going to get all bent out of shape over it, simply wait for them to tweak it a bit.

28. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 14:33 Verno

ForgedReality wrote on May 26, 2015, 14:01:
I don't care what you guys say, I am absolutely loving this game. The interface, gameplay, story, writing, and everything else are miles beyond the previous game, and most other games I've ever played. Sure, it could use some improvements here and there, but given what they've achieved and the grand scope of this game, it is absolutely a masterpiece

I don't know if I would say masterpiece but I definitely enjoy the game. What I don't enjoy is opening up the inventory to filter for the umpteenth time in a game with so much shit to collect. Thankfully they've already said they're patching in font scaling and doing some more work on the filters at least.

What I really appreciate more than anything else has been the quality of the sidequests and writing, I hope more games shoot for this kind of ambition instead of the DA:I bullshit.

Why does every new game that comes out think we want to dig through list of inventory items (that are pages long), what was wrong with the inventory grids of old where you could actually see more than 5 items at a time? I actually liked the ones where different items took up a different configuration of inventory cells. I know some people don't like "Inventory Tetris" though, so I won't say it needs to come back. I would kill for a nice grid with drag & drop though

The tl;dr is that its really challenging to come up with a UI that suits disparate platforms like the PC and consoles.

6. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 09:56 Verno

ItBurn wrote on May 26, 2015, 09:26:
Verno wrote on May 26, 2015, 09:19:
I think I'm gonna stop until the font sizes are fixed and maybe theres a UI mod for the inventory/crafting bullshit...

I don't see what the issue is with fonts and the inventory. UI is WAY better than it was in Witcher 2.

There is no real font scaling so it looks like crap on both my 27" monitor and 60" HDTV. There are a ton of complaints about this and the devs have already said they're working on a patch for it. The UI is barebones at best considering the glut of crafting bullshit you have to sort through at any given time. I don't expect them to fix that, every new CRPG seems to think the player has a desire to spend hours picking 10000 herbs yet fail to give the player an efficient way to deal with all of that crap. Hopefully a mod addresses it.

2. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 09:19 Verno

I think I'm gonna stop until the font sizes are fixed and maybe theres a UI mod for the inventory/crafting bullshit. It's pretty good but I'm getting annoyed at those aspects of the game so its going on the backburner while they patch it up.

I like how unforgiving the combat is on the higher difficulties but they could take a page from the Souls games in terms of combat responsiveness. Their animation system sucks, all moves are committed and IMO thats the wrong way to do it. Also Geralt really doesn't need to do a silly twist or flip every time he does a move, especially when it exposes you to being interrupted. It's pretty funny considering that they call out Ciri for that kind of crap in the story intro but then go ahead and do it anyway.

Anyways good game, needs a few tweaks but much better than I was expecting at release for such a huge CRPG.

News Comments > Memorial Day Patches
2. Re: Memorial Day Patches May 25, 2015, 12:53 Verno

I hope it fixes the font sizes. Also they could take a pass at the absolute mess that is the inventory/crafting system.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
20. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 25, 2015, 11:43 Verno

AMD doesn't have its own fabs anymore (they spun it off years ago) so they're a less attractive takeover target for smaller companies looking to move up and I don't know what their patent portfolio is looking like these days either. I wouldn't count on a bailout by Samsung or whatever.  

17353 Comments. 868 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo