Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 16296 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2014, 15:36 Verno

Yeah Jivaro, I'm pretty sure they had a breach and just aren't telling people. I had my password compromised which is pretty much impossible considering I use 2 factor + 13 character generated passwords with KeePass on a thumb drive.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Alien: Isolation - Corporate Lockdown Released
11. Re: Alien: Isolation - Corporate Lockdown Released Oct 28, 2014, 15:12 Verno

The game is not wanting for content, if anything it gives pretty good value for the money. They are releasing content as part of the season pass nonsense which is totally optional. Most DLC is pretty mediocre anyway and you can already pick up cheap Steam keys of this.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2014, 14:03 Verno

It was okay but its easy to see why it failed with the market overall, I do respect Disney for the effort.  

News Comments > PC Valkyria Chronicles Confirmed
7. Re: PC Valkyria Chronicles Confirmed Oct 28, 2014, 12:35 Verno

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 11:22:
It can't be a worse port than FFX13

I seem to recall a few people defended that port, that's the sad thing.

News Comments > Next-Gen Grand Theft Auto V Bonuses for Returning Players
5. Re: Next-Gen Grand Theft Auto V Bonuses for Returning Players Oct 28, 2014, 12:32 Verno

I haven't been following the re-release stuff very closely, is there any word on Heists yet?  

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Scream Fortress Changes
4. Re: Team Fortress 2 Scream Fortress Changes Oct 28, 2014, 11:36 Verno

If they announced anything at all with a 3 I would be happy  

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com
8. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com Oct 28, 2014, 10:52 Verno

Awesome, I can't wait to revisit these. My brother and I spent countless hours playing them, great campaigns.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 28, 2014, 10:40 Verno

He's not a marketing drone, hes the games producer. He was also misquoted:

"Update: Yamagiwa has stated via Twitter that the "30 FPS is the best framerate to play action games in," quote from the PlayStation Lifestyle interview is a misquote/translation. "We are to assign 1080p/30fps for Bloodborne considering its game designs, but didn't say it's the best choice for all action games" he said

Emphasis mine.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Scream Fortress Changes
1. Re: Team Fortress 2 Scream Fortress Changes Oct 28, 2014, 10:33 Verno

Please announce something new Valve  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
45. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 28, 2014, 09:49 Verno

bigspender wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 22:40:

It's not the correct place, what you are doing is watering down the severity of this issue by throwing the attention elsewhere.

No, its asking if its such a severe problem then where are people like you on it? Equality, right? So where is your concern for others? Why is it limited to only one gender?

Since the guy below likes the house fire analogy, why should I care about my neighbors house when mine has been set ablaze several times and no one made it a big media issue?

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2014, 13:43 Verno

Pouring salt in my wounds  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 27, 2014, 10:23 Verno

nin wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 10:03:
Frags4Fun wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 10:00:
I'm hoping that the PS4 will have a sale this holiday season. I want to play The Last of Us and GTA5.

LoU was fantastic. It leaves a mark behind.

Agreed. It has some stumbles in the middle and the controls are a bit clumsy but overall its a fantastic game and story, some of the best characterization in a video game so far.

Nice to see Microsoft trying to compete, lets see how Sony responds. The Xbox One OS updates are coming along much better/faster than the PS4.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
57. Re: Saturday Interviews Oct 27, 2014, 09:23 Verno

NKD wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 09:53:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 08:18:
Hmm, thread only made it to mid-fifties. Could we be on the downward slide? Might we have reached, PEAK GAMERGATE???

Well you can only go in circles with the same 5 people for so long. It's not like any of these articles bring any actual news. It's the same stupid "discussion" over and over and over and over...

Agreed I'm tired of it. The bottom line for me is that I'm well read on the subject now and I do not believe there is a rampant issue that needs addressing in any way other than social change which goes at its own pace. People just assume there is a problem because some people claim there is one. Feminists do not want equality, they want superiority and acceptance of their agenda. It is incredibly naive to think that equality is the end goal given examples of unhappy feminists are with several other forms of media despite pretty much getting what they asked for. There are some misguided supporters who seem to think they need to defend women here but they already have several ways to make change happen and express themselves.

News Comments > Subnautica Earliest Access
20. Re: Subnautica Earliest Access Oct 27, 2014, 09:13 Verno

He just likes to complain  

News Comments > etc.
40. Re: etc. Oct 27, 2014, 09:02 Verno

sdgundamx wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 05:58:
TBH, though, I would be more sympathetic to GG if threads on it didn't derail so often into GG supporters writing screeds on how feminists (or Anita Sarkeesian in particular) are ruining the industry (they aren't--and if you can find some actual facts to show that they are I'll eat my hat) or personally profiteering from the conflict (again, facts please).

You're certainly big on demands from others, how about you start providing facts to support the idea that this rampant sexism is taking place and that this is some big crisis that needs this much attention? No one said shes ruining the industry by the way but she clearly has an agenda and it is very one sided as has been repeatedly pointed out.

I would also be more sympathetic if the movement actually followed the ethical standards it so proudly displays on any GG FAQ page. Trying to kill advertising for websites that write things you don't like or trying to get writers fired for having opinions (or making jokes) you don't like doesn't strike me as particularly ethical behavior.

That IS ethical behavior. There is nothing wrong with voicing your opinion about an issue to an advertiser. Ironically feminists have been using similar approaches for a long time.

Also, I wish GG supporters would stop with the "GG has raised $X for charity" nonsense. I don't care how much money GG raised for charity. Even the KKK gives to charity: it doesn't mean shit. Basically, if you're running around setting things on fire then I don't want anything to do with your group.

Why not a Nazi analogy while you're at it? Sad, I thought you were supposedly reaching for a higher discourse but clearly not.

30. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 23, 2014, 15:13 Verno

UHD wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 15:02:
The only reason I bring it up at all is there's a lot of "well they're doing it too, fancy that hmmmmmmmmm" going around and while I'm sure it's satisfying to say it doesn't really do much other than that.

They don't have to prove anything. Again, those sorts of comments are intended to show when the media is being one sided, they can go to credibility depending on the context or to force others to examine where they're coming from in the first place. In this case though its more of a "so what" to an exasperating story with little information.

As for Twitter, its only real use is bugging corporations who ignore email IMO

While I agree with you, it doesn't necessarily apply to this twitter drama

In a situation with completely anonymous sources, no official info and very vague assertions without any actual links or documentation I think its fair game. It's not like there is much else to discuss. "Some random people harassed some anonymous person on twitter, she thinks its because of this situation." ok then.

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2014, 15:28.

25. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 23, 2014, 14:12 Verno

UHD wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 14:01:
You still have not addressed the original issue.

That's why it's fallacious; because it doesn't refute a point, merely deflects the criticism.

It's not fallacious if it goes toward factual statements or credibility as I said already. Not every statement has to refute another either, pointing out hypocrisy is often used to force others to direct their own views internally.

This story is too vague to really decide whats what anyway.

20. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 23, 2014, 13:34 Verno

UHD wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 12:17:
The thing about calling out a hypocrite is that it doesn't actually refute the point. You're not denying anything nor are you successfully justifying anything by calling someone out on hypocrisy.

Nonsense, peoples backgrounds and motives are often just as important as what they're saying. We see this in many other areas of society too - public discourse, legal issues, financial markets, etc. Being hypocritical can often totally negate a point to those you're trying to reach, particularly when it relates to factual statements or credibility.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 23, 2014, 11:52 Verno

PropheT wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 11:36:
I was one of the only weirdos on earth that didn't really care for the Avengers I think, so I wasn't all that hyped for the sequel... but good lard that Age of Ultron trailer is incredible.

You're not alone, I thought it was kinda average at best. It had good moments but a lot of filler and bullshit too. The Honest Trailers for that movie is spot on with its bad and good points. I'm not a fan of the PG13 generic superhero films in general though to be honest, they're like a lite beer in film format.

News Comments > John Riccitiello New Unity CEO
14. Re: John Riccitiello New Unity CEO Oct 23, 2014, 10:58 Verno

NKD wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 19:27:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 16:22:
The first step in EA acquiring Unity.

Also, how can Unity afford this guy? Maybe he's taking a massive pay cut because it's a passion project for him? Something doesn't add up here.

John used to be CEO of Sara Lee, you know, the people who make those desserts. Maybe Sara Lee is going to buy Unity. CONSPIRACCYYY!!!!

Future Sara Lee desserts to be distributed in DLC format.

16296 Comments. 815 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo