Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 15805 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 6, 2014, 09:35 Verno

A whole day vacation? You're on sweatshop hours Blue  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs
28. Re: Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs Aug 6, 2014, 08:56 Verno

PropheT wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 02:49:
It's not the game that most old players are missing, it's the people and guilds and everything that made the game what they thought it was back then. The game itself is better now than it was during vanilla or BC... people pining for the old days need to realize that their nostalgia for that period wasn't the game itself but the experiences they had during it, and those aren't just going to re-materialize if that game came back.

That and I think many people simply do not have the time to play WoW that they used to. With a family, a new set of hobbies and other games to play I just don't have time for WoW, at least not enough to get the same satisfaction out of it that I used to.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained
28. Re: Star Citizen at $49M; Ongoing Funding Explained Aug 5, 2014, 15:22 Verno

I don't know how you roll so many disparate game types into a single game effectively but the end result will be interesting either way. That said I have not put a dime into this and will not touch it until at least one of those things is finished.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 5, 2014, 11:27 Verno

For anyone with a Synology NAS there is a cryptolocker variant targeting it making the rounds, might want to make sure DSM is updated.  

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Aug 5, 2014, 10:56 Verno

Cutter wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 00:18:
It'll never get done because America is the land of rampant paranoia. It's pretty difficult for you guys to see it from the inside, but very easy for everyone else on the outside. There are boogiemen and enemies everywhere!

Good job voting back in that corrupt Liberal government in Ontario. Canada is the land of inertia where everyone complains but no one does anything, what's your point?

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 5, 2014, 10:09 Verno

PHJF wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 09:52:
Guardians is for all intents and purposes The Avengers by another name. I found both Guardians and Avengers mediocre at best.

I was digging through my PS3 games and stumbled upon Tales of Xillia. Having no recollection of purchasing it, I vaguely recalled playing a bit and being bored in the extreme. Then I skipped on to Ni no Kuni and decided to play that again, instead. A really remarkable game not garnering a quarter as much notice from gamers as it deserves, and an extraordinary cooperative effort between Level 5 and Studio Ghibli.

Ni No Kuni was pretty good but man that party AI really drags it down. I was able to get around it with some specific companions but its a shame they paid so little attention to that aspect since it really makes the combat tedious at times.

Yeah I wouldn't say I loved The Avengers either, it was alright. I know nothing about Guardians so hopefully that tempers my expectations.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Aug 5, 2014, 10:07 Verno

Yeah I just noted the same thing in the console section since it mentioned Sacred 3 was out there too. I played Sacred 3 on the weekend and it is by far one of the worst games I've played in awhile. They stripped out loot and pretty much everything else resembling depth, instead it feels like a shoddy beat em up.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 5, 2014, 09:29 Verno

Re: xbox - Or they could just drop the damned price. You're selling inferior hardware, price it accordingly.

I checked out Sacred 3 on the weekend by the way, I am a big fan of the franchise. Sacred 3 is an unbelievable turd that no one should waste their time on, it is bad and diverges from the main series on so many levels. Maybe one day write up a proper teardown on it but I'm not sure its even worth the time, it's a terrible game.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 5, 2014, 09:25 Verno

Anyone see Guardians? Worth seeing at the show?

Nooooo on the studio ghibli news.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 5, 2014, 09:10 Verno

Have to totally disagree with you nin, that guy has always been a smarmy PR dink.  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Delayed?
47. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 2, 2014, 16:38 Verno

Normally I would agree with Creston but maybe you're right Sho, I never thought about it that way before. Cutter does this all the time so I suggest just complaining to the admins and eventually they will either do something about it like with RollinThundr or people will just have to live with it.

Anyways whatever, getting back on topic I backed this a long time ago but the 20GB beta install kinda put me off since I didn't have my new SSD yet. I am very anxious to check it out but I haven't heard much beta related feedback. Hopefully by the time I'm done with it Tides of Numera will be out.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Delayed?
28. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 2, 2014, 11:26 Verno

Redmask wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 10:28:
Not new but the pattern is becoming clear. I've never seen such a toxic presence on a forum before, just literal negativity and hate 24/7. No wonder developers can't interact with communities anymore.

You just have to kind of tune him out for now. Blue is pretty lenient but he will go too far and get himself banned eventually, they always do.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
41. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 31, 2014, 12:02 Verno

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 21:11:
Yeah, people get that, but talking about safety directly after an assault has happened is crass and demonstrates a lack of decency.

I don't think that's fair at all. Its arguably the most important time to talk about it while its still fresh in peoples minds. People are capable of multiple emotions, I can empathize here while still using it as an instructional example for my kid.

News Comments > Where Crytek Stands
17. Re: Where Crytek Stands Jul 31, 2014, 08:33 Verno

So they remain committed to IP that is getting them nowhere? These guys must be privately owned because I can't imagine Cervat Yerli not being out on his ass already.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
17. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 30, 2014, 16:07 Verno

Jivaro wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 15:48:
It will always boggle my mind this instant reflex or need that people seem to have....when they hear someone has been beaten or raped or whatever...to firstly ask "what did they do to make themselves a target". Blows my mind every time. As if it matters.

Why do you assume everyone is coming at it from that angle? Humans are iterative, we learn by example. We're also inherently curious. People often want to know because that's how we learn. It might be crass but its important. The circumstances absolutely matter, just not for the reasons you seem to think.

Edit: beaten by NKD

News Comments > Path of Exile Comic
3. Re: Path of Exile Comic Jul 30, 2014, 15:29 Verno

I don't play it anymore but my kid has some simple fun with POE, can't argue with the price either  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 30, 2014, 13:43 Verno

I use a trackball at work to help out with my RSI but I really dislike them for gaming and whatnot, I would never use one at home.  

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 30, 2014, 09:37 Verno

I think they made the right call, I don't want to pay stacking sub fees.  

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Jul 30, 2014, 09:25 Verno

Prez wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 21:30:
I've been saying this for a while now. So much of videogaming history will be lost to the ages because of dying hardware and more recently online server requirements. There are ways around a lot of these things but in 25 years will anyone be able to find a playable version of Diablo 2? Maybe, but the real question is will anyone be able to find a playable version of Diablo 3? Whether or not someone 25 years from now would want to play such ancient games (by future standards) isn't the point - this is our gaming HISTORY. Nobody values the Liberty Bell based on well it rings, nor do they judge the value of the USS Missouri based on how it could perform in a modern-day sea battle.

Honestly thanks to VMs I think the situation is better than ever before for singleplayer games. Like you said though the real concern is games with online functionality. Look at all of the upcoming Ubisoft games and they underpinned online shit into every aspect. The day will come when they will shut those servers down and the excuse will be that only 5-10 gamers still play it. Personally I don't care if 1 or a million people play it, if I bought it I expect it to be playable. This is really a complex problem though because companies cannot just support a game indefinitely anymore and still create others, most aren't structured like Valve who can live off Steam/Dota/TF2 forever.

News Comments > Falling Skies: The Game Trailer
9. Re: Falling Skies: The Game Trailer Jul 29, 2014, 14:52 Verno

Bundy wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 14:04:
Jackplug wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 11:24:
Atm anything is better than Extant!

I've actually been rather entertained with Extant. It's not my favorite show by all means, but hardly a dud. That might change though, of course.

I can't stand Extant but I'm watching it anyway, go figure. The plotholes already piling up 3 episodes in, Halle Barre still hasn't done anything decent in her career except Monster's Ball and the show completely busts suspension of disbelief which is saying something for sci-fi. Despite all of that I keep watching it even with many better things to do with my time, I have no idea why

Could be worse I guess, could be The Strain. That show has some of the worst writing ever on TV "look at that plane, looks like a downed animal. Call Washington and tell them....we've got a dead bird dundundun". I started laughing out loud at that shit.

15805 Comments. 791 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo