Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 14986 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 4, 2014, 09:53 Verno

Anti-vaccination stuff is just pure head in the sand. I remember arguing with some idiot at a party who was convinced vaccination causes autism (he totally read it on the internet so it must be true!). It makes me really sad that we have kids getting sick and even dying from illnesses we have long since conquered. The sad thing is that most of the same parents are the ones who rationalize the blame away to the medical professions instead of realizing that preventative care is a big part of modern medicine.  

Playing: Everquest Next Alpha, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: Evidence, Longmire, Chained
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DICE Addressing BF "Netcode"
28. Re: DICE Addressing BF Mar 4, 2014, 09:15 Verno

I'm getting bored of BF4 but I can't say I didn't get my moneys worth, 100 hours total. Less than most other BF games I've played but still had a good time, bugs and all. Naval Strike sounds cool but I think I'll shelve this for awhile and check it out later. The gunplay mechanics are much improved but the netcode really does feel like garbage, so many nonsense deaths. If you're going to have such a low tick rate then you need a lower time to kill as well, half of my deaths feel like my soldier just implodes out of nowhere.  

News Comments > Dishonored II at E3?
27. Re: Dishonored II at E3? Mar 4, 2014, 09:11 Verno

Yakubs wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 08:42:
Maybe the enemy forces will actually behave like there's a superhero assassin coming after them instead of wandering around like they just want their overtime pay. I especially love the final mission where the boss explicitly knows you're coming for him and he leaves his complex unlocked and guarded by about 10 incompetent foot soldiers.

But then again it made all the kids feel like REAL BADA$$E$ YO so I guess the game was a rousing success.

Play on Very Hard next time.

News Comments > Steam Family Library Sharing Live
47. Re: Steam Family Library Sharing Live Mar 4, 2014, 08:59 Verno

Ironically people just want similar functionality to what you're doing already except they want it implemented legitimately  

19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2014, 13:04 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 12:55:
Would you do it for $10M? That's probably what Bale gets paid on average.

He certainly didn't get that for The Machinist

Edit: $250,000.00 apparently. So yeah I'm still going to say no I wouldn't do that to my body for 250 grand. Maybe a mil.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2014, 12:30 Verno

dj LiTh wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 12:12:
Re: Bale in Machinist. I heard he wanted to lose even more weight, but the director and producers wouldnt let him for fear of his health.

His diet was basically coffee, cigarettes and some weird smoothies. The crazy part is that he exercised a lot too, I don't know where he got the energy. Dude is nuts, I would never do that to my body.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
62. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 3, 2014, 12:05 Verno

Quboid wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 11:49:
Blocking someone because they used to pirate games is your call but if you do this, technically you should block me and I suspect you should block 80% of people at least. I doubt I was alone in thinking nothing of borrowing floppy discs or a CD from my brothers or friends at school.

Yeah exactly, I guarantee everyone in this forum has engaged in one form of piracy or another at some point. Personally I don't like seeing open discussion of piracy because we have industry folks around and it's disrepectful but Jerykk stopped doing that a long time ago.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 3, 2014, 11:43 Verno

Yeah I don't mind the Watch Dogs wait, Ubisoft's open world games tend to be really shallow as it is so if this gives them more time to flesh things out then I'm all for it.  

57. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 3, 2014, 11:35 Verno

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 11:26:
I think I have one or two people on my block list, they sounded like 13 years olds

I have I think 5 on my list these days, some idiots who just spampost dumb opinions that aren't even worth reading and some political trolls who just push bizarre agendas nonstop.

Jerykk doesn't pirate games anymore. He has literally said as much several times now. Continually bringing it up in threads is really stupid. Putting him on ignore then posting "haha u pirate games!" is some shit I expect from our 6 year old. The world moved on nin, time for you to do the same.

This comment was edited on Mar 3, 2014, 11:42.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2014, 10:58 Verno

30 Seconds to Mars may be balls but Leto has legit acting cred, he was great in Mr Nobody, Requiem for a Dream, Fight Club, Lord of War, etc.  

News Comments > Steam Family Library Sharing Live
45. Re: Steam Family Library Sharing Live Mar 3, 2014, 09:42 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 2, 2014, 22:42:
I actually do use it for family, but we aren't in the same house. Family Share.

Sorry Batman he got you there, what you described violates the program TOS since you're not in the same household. This is way too limiting for me to get much use out of it sadly and that's what I would like changed, I don't think that qualifies me as just wanting free games or being a whiner.

53. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 3, 2014, 09:40 Verno

You consistently respond to any slight, real or imagined, with this sort of unwarranted, grammatically dubious and barely coherent rant. It's all rather

No to be fair to Jerykk and Space Captain they're spot on. Jerykk long ago said he stopped pirating and nin keeps bringing into threads where it's totally inappropriate then hides behind the ignore filter when called on it. He doesn't pirate games anymore, grow up and move on with your life.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2014, 09:36 Verno

He was really good in Frailty as well. Been loving True Detective, it just gets better every episode and he totally nails his character. Shame it's an anthology style show, wonder what they will do with the cast next "season".  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Titanfall
8. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 11:00 Verno

BF4 is fun when Dice isn't fucking it up. It is definitely one of the best BF games, some of the level design is less than ideal for aircraft but I could care less about crying skylords.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
18. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 27, 2014, 10:59 Verno

Didn't they already say it was 900p?  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2014, 13:53 Verno

Of course he has diabetes at 38 and probably less than 20 years to live but hey that pizza diet is totally working out.  

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Adds New Loot & Paragon Systems
15. Re: Diablo III Patch Adds New Loot & Paragon Systems Feb 26, 2014, 11:26 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 11:15:
A way to fight script kiddies maybe?

Haven't had a chance to play - hope to get back in soon.

With the AH gone and most decent loot becoming BoA I don't see why they would bother.

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
132. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 26, 2014, 10:26 Verno

I think the biggest sin Thief makes is in the audio department. I can forgive the AI because people are silly and the AI in the old games was nothing to write home about. I can forgive the level design because the industry is much different today and many gamers prefer a more guided approach, so long as I have options that aren't direct combat. I can forgive the cutscenes and story crap because I can just skip them. I can forgive the QTEs and badly hidden loading sequences.

What I can't forgive (and something that most reviewers didn't touch on) is how badly implemented the audio engine is in this game. Sometimes guards are carrying on a conversation 30 feet below me but sound as if they're right in front of my face. My footsteps often don't change when I move between different surfaces, making the same dumb clomp in 3/4 of the environments. Other times vital bits of dialogue will be lost for no reason. Things don't overlap properly but one sound bit often cancels out another one which is bizarre. Knocking things over makes no noise. Jumping down 2 feet from a guard produces no alarm most of the time.

The older Thief games rewarded your careful ear as much as they did your eyes and this game is an unforgivable step backward in this regard. It's not a horrible game but it's not really a good one either.

I use a VPN for Netflix so I can access US movies as the CDN Netflix sucks balls to say the least.

Most of my Canadian friends just use a DNS redirector, usually cheaper and simpler to implement for a home network. Unotelly, unblock-us, etc. VPN is good for early game unlocks though for sure.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2014, 15:51 Verno

Creston wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 15:37:
Fox is basically doing the same thing with the 24 mini-series coming this summer. (Which has me excited to NO END, because I absolutely fucking LOVE 24.)

I think there's an audience for 24 because people liked the Bauer character and the shows tropes were stupid but well worn. There are still very few shows like 24 despite many attempting the formula over the years. It's like comfort food for people who like rendition and the threat of viral/nuclear annihilation

Heroes though? Its ratings dropped off after the fizzle of the first season finale and the quality of the show never reached that level again. I lost track of who Ali Larter was supposed to be on a weekly basis. I don't know anyone who is chomping at the bit for more of that mismanaged turd. Did I mention its the same show runner?

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Platoon System "Very Soon"
2. Re: Battlefield 4 Platoon System Feb 25, 2014, 15:08 Verno

They issued a patch today that is supposed to stop the sound loop crashes (finally).

Of course let's not forget the sound loop crashes were a problem at retail which they took several patches to fix, they reintroduced the bug later on and it affected even more maps/players. So yeah hopefully it stays that way this time.

14986 Comments. 750 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo