Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 16169 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday
72. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 9, 2014, 09:16 Verno

NKD wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 03:29:
Flatline wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 00:47:
Well... one of us hasn't been reading the forums much tonight. That much is obvious.

Reagle can't even remember to take his pills or bury the prostitutes he murders, you expect him to remember the difference between Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen?

o.O

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
19. Re: etc., etc. Oct 9, 2014, 09:15 Verno

harlock wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 20:00:
found this little gem a few seconds ago:

My pro-Anita response was deleted on the bluesnews.com comments section within an hour.. along with any other pro-Anita posts, however anti-Anita posts were left untouched. Tough to fight information warefare like that, sad thing because Iíve been going to bluesnews.com for over 15 years now, but itís comment sections are pretty much owned by cranky 30-40 male something gamers. This was my first time hearing about any of this, but after my comments were deleted Iím a believer that aggressors are actively at work here.

so which one of you girls got your panties in a bunch over this? hmm?

That's such a load of bollocks, why am I not surprised to see some SJW coward making shit up on another website? Blues is pretty much the most lenient board I've seen short of an anarchist forum, the shit people get away with here would not fly on most other forums.

News Comments > Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin
35. Re: Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin Oct 9, 2014, 08:35 Verno

Looks like a lot of the DLC is free too? It let me grab Return to Ostagar and a bunch of other stuff without paying unless its somehow linked my old Bioware account to my Origin one.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 8, 2014, 13:31 Verno

I'll just make my living programming the robots then  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 8, 2014, 13:14 Verno

What NKD said. I've known a few "working professionals" who like to throw their weight around like that. Comcast is still retarded for reporting him though, the bad press alone makes a no brainer.  

News Comments > etc.
40. Re: etc. Oct 8, 2014, 12:40 Verno

bobbyric wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 01:19:
This is my first time hearing about this chick and her troubles, but according to her presentation she says a lot of her "tweets" are falsified photoshops reposted by aggressors. Actually going to her twitter, you can't see her tweets unless you're a follower of her, of which there's only about 3,000

What do you think is more likely? That thousands of people online are specifically targeting some wannabe journo-hack and mocking up elaborate photoshop tweets, some going back years? Or maybe its just some idiot with a big mouth who is lying?

In case you haven't already thought it through, its the latter. Go watch this person make an ass of themselves on the E3 bombcast from 2011 to get an idea of who you're dealing with.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 8, 2014, 11:57 Verno

There's something amusing about WinZip still kicking after all of these years.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 8, 2014, 10:27 Verno

Shok wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 22:02:
They should rename it Gspot; there's a social network I can, uh, get behind

Well played

News Comments > DICE: BF4 Launch "Absolutely" Damaged Player Trust
14. Re: DICE: BF4 Launch Oct 8, 2014, 10:25 Verno

There are still hackers but you don't see them as often, probably because BF4 isn't as popular as it was at launch. They tightened up the net code a lot so you aren't getting stabbed while sitting inside a tank at your spawn anymore. I don't find it to be a big issue or at least not as much as it used to be, after launch it was obnoxious for awhile but most active servers have admins and etc these days. So if that's all that's stopping you from trying it out then I would say you can safely give it a shot.  

14. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 10:16 Verno

Limited quantities of a digital ship? Ok I'm gonna go back to not following this games development, peace out  

News Comments > etc., etc.
13. Re: etc., etc. Oct 8, 2014, 09:26 Verno

Watch people ignore Anita whoever because they're tired of the rhetoric and nonsense from a fame seeker.  

6. Re: DICE: BF4 Launch "Absolutely" Damaged Player Trust Oct 8, 2014, 09:17 Verno

They've been pretty good about supporting BF4 so far but to be fair they kinda had to. BC2 had great Rush maps for sure, it was a blast.  

1. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 09:07 Verno

Ok I have to admit, these are getting silly now.  

4. Re: DICE: BF4 Launch "Absolutely" Damaged Player Trust Oct 8, 2014, 09:05 Verno

It was even worse in the console world, a few buddies had PS4 copies that were literally unplayable for the better part of three weeks. Whole game modes didn't work, it managed to actually crash the console a few times and their awful SP campaign wouldn't even save properly.

I like BF games because there's nothing else out there like them but EA just needs to hold these back longer even if it means missing on their 2 year cycles.

News Comments > Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations
38. Re: Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations Oct 8, 2014, 08:45 Verno

Xero wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 07:59:
After watching a good 20 minutes or so from an hour long gameplay w/commentary video that IGN had posted, I was able to see this myself rather quickly. It looked highly repetitive of go here, kill him, choose a new target, go kill him, etc. I know there is a lot of fluff in between but that's the idea.

Yep, I didn't last more than a few hours. It was fun but got old quickly. Ironically I'm having more fun with Alien: Isolation which is arguably more repetitive but still remaining enjoyable.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
26. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 7, 2014, 16:17 Verno

I'm hardly generalizing. I gave a specific example using screen size and distance.

I should have been more clear, I meant more the general forum canard that "most people cant see the difference" since it seemed like thats where you were going with it. I find every setup is so different and there are more things to consider than just the resolution alone. I do most of my gaming on the PC so I'm not up in arms about Ubisoft framelocking one of their AC games but I can see why people would care, particularly when there is so little that separates the consoles as it is.

I highly doubt I would notice the difference between 900p and 1080p on a TV, but I am pretty sure I would notice the difference between 60 and 30fps.

Oh absolutely. Crappy AA is another one that gets me.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
23. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 7, 2014, 15:37 Verno

To your second question, telling between 900p and 1080p is going to depend on the size of your TV and how far you are from it. If you've got a relatively modest sized TV, say under 50 inches, and it's 10 feet from where you're sitting, you're not going to be able to tell the difference aside from whatever placebo effect you get from the knowledge that it's 1080p and not 900.

I find this to be a bit of a fallacy because there are too many factors at play to generalize it and I think its important to have some perspective here, that downsize represents nearly 30% of the visual data onscreen. There's other things to consider too when comparing platforms too, what forms of AA were used and so on. Framerate is another thing. I generally want the best experience possible from any platform I'm playing and the thought that one is being arbitrarily held back is kind of stupid, especially when its doubling the sales of the other. Microsofts advertising deal with Ubisoft for the AC games this year makes this even murkier.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Oct 7, 2014, 11:26 Verno

UHD wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 10:59:
Julio wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 10:26:
The interesting thing about two sides needing to come together on #Gamergate is...they don't need to.

Yeah because mutual understanding and civil communication never solved anything.

To be fair to Julio, it's not like we've been getting any in the first place. I don't really need them to engage me in anything, they've done enough damage.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2014, 10:54 Verno

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 10:09:
They can only ruin any sort of Twin Peaks sequel or continuation. Do not give in to their nonsense, Verno!

Any series/show/movie that gets a continuation 20+ years later = absolutely terrible, this is a Universal Constant.

I don't know man, Lynch might be just weird enough to pull it off

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2014, 09:31 Verno

Interesting that they got Lynch back for Twin Peaks, I'll have to check that out. Hopefully it will be a damn fine series  

16169 Comments. 809 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo