Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 17882 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Beta Preloads
16. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Preloads Oct 7, 2015, 14:58 Verno

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 7, 2015, 13:37:
Actually it looks like you have as much room as you did in Battlefield maps

I'm not seeing that from my perspective. Not even close to BF2 or BF3. BF4 has smaller flight ceilings and the maps are a bit smaller but still has more playable space than what was shown in that limited video. Whether this is true of all maps, who knows.

It makes sense for smaller engagements of course. Whether people want smaller engagements is the real question. I suspect its just a console limitation, BF4 was really pushing limits and had a lot more optimization work done on it.

Playing: XCOM 2, Diablo 3
Watching: American Crime, Regression
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
4. Re: New GeForce Drivers Oct 7, 2015, 13:04 Verno

I always install them and rarely have any problems or performance issues.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2015, 12:54 Verno

125lb python in a guys shop holy shit why? I will never understand the exotic pet fascination.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Beta Preloads
3. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Preloads Oct 7, 2015, 12:25 Verno

Sitting this one out, not a fan of matchmaking in FPS games.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 7, 2015, 12:20 Verno

Xil wrote on Oct 7, 2015, 12:03:
umm what worried me the most about that article where the comments underneath it.... is there some sort of special group of people who read the washington post or am I missing something here ?

That's pretty much comment sections in general when they aren't moderated.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Specs; No Microtransaction Plans
49. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Specs; No Microtransaction Plans Oct 7, 2015, 11:52 Verno

InBlack wrote on Oct 7, 2015, 11:34:
Jesus Christ Verno, are you this condescending always? I've done some coding in my life & I've played quite a few games too, enough to know that the upload speed most games use over the network is nowhere near that mark. Let's do a few quick calculations. Half a MB per second, (since that is the min. requirement) in one hour of gaming adds up to 1.8 GB of data per hour! You don't think that's excessive?

Quite the contrary, I think I'm usually fairly patient despite your constant negativity in most topics. It doesn't say it needs that in upstream bandwidth either, I don't know where that assumption came from. I already responded below with specific details on how and why you're overreacting and don't have all of the facts.

There's plenty of design decisions that matter to complain about with this game, trying to nitpick the minimum requirements without all of the facts or details isn't necessary.

47. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Specs; No Microtransaction Plans Oct 7, 2015, 10:54 Verno

Oh and if you've played a recent BF game, you would know that there is a shitload of downstream data at map load that isn't required once you load in. So its entirely possible that's what they're accounting for there so that they don't get people taking 10 minutes to load on their rural dialup or whatever.  

46. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Specs; No Microtransaction Plans Oct 7, 2015, 10:24 Verno

InBlack wrote on Oct 7, 2015, 09:43:
Erm, it's not half a megabit, it's half a megabyte. 512 Kbps would be kilobits per second, 512 KBps are kilobytes per second. Quite a bit more. I also fail to see what more could there be in sync between the server and client, if the newer games are so simplified compared to the originals. (And apart from the graphics they really are much simpler) Im thinking that their cloud versions of "dedicated servers" are inefficient as fuck and that well for a lack of better idiom....fail netcode.

Hahaha no way it never occurred to me! Rolleyes Did you stop to think that maybe they accidentally capitalized the whole thing? They typed "KBPS" which is not clear, it could be either and that's their fault. Even if they meant kilobytes per second, 512KB/s is not exactly a high bar for connection requirements and says nothing specific about the netcode. It's also unlikely they require all of that bandwidth at once, its probably just a guideline to ensure they don't have to accommodate some random whiner on dialup.

Netcode these days has to account for a lot more than the past. Just the physics data alone adds significant overhead that didn't really exist before. These guys operate under a strict budget when it comes to netcode due to the consoles, they aren't faffing around for the hell of it. Considering the game isn't even out yet and I doubt you've looked a line of multiplayer networking code in your life I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

44. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Specs; No Microtransaction Plans Oct 7, 2015, 09:17 Verno

InBlack wrote on Oct 7, 2015, 03:01:

So yeah, Ill stand by my original assertion. Fail netcode.

It's half a megabit, there's nothing wrong with the requirement and games have changed a lot over the years. There is a lot more in sync between server and client these days, there is nothing wrong with their implementation.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2015, 16:00 Verno

Creston wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 15:55:
So Spectre is worse than Skyfall? Because I thought Skyfall was a terminally boring PoS.

Right there with you brother, Skyfall was a piece of crap. A bunch of poorly strewn together set pieces, nonsensical plot and a bare limp to the finish line.

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Announced
16. Re: Far Cry Primal Announced Oct 6, 2015, 15:05 Verno

ARK is a completely different type of game and the comparison is dumb.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 6, 2015, 13:09 Verno

100k? Man you could get a lot more than that, especially now that they've survived a few legal challenges. I wouldn't sell a company doing that for less than many millions. The ad companies have tried several times to pay off Eye GMBH (company behind adblockplus). They've softened their stance towards acceptable ads lately but I'm not a fan of the ads. Google text ads was stuff I could live with, very few pieces of malware got delivered that way.  

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Announced
1. Re: Far Cry Primal Announced Oct 6, 2015, 12:58 Verno

I'm interested, I feel like they needed to take things back a bit because Far Cry 4 got way too easy with all of the modern weaponry at your disposal. I hope they introduce some rudimentary survival features to keep the hunting aspect fresh through out the game.  

News Comments > No SC Retraction from The Escapist
39. Re: No SC Retraction from The Escapist Oct 6, 2015, 12:51 Verno

NasWulf wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 12:06:
I did write "Pretty sure" just like the seven times Escapist used "alleged" or "allegedly". But I mean if you just want to go ahead and admit you are in fact Wulf Knight, welcome to Blue's News. We're a friendly bunch.

never spent a dime on SC, don't plan too as I'm not into sims. FPS has me intrigued but really looks okish. Anyone who spends money on a unreleased title (preorder/early access) is just determined to be let down from over expectations.

been coming to blues since '96 , just don't post. Reading all this drama, I just couldn't resist, because most of you can google lawyer purtty good, while other can't.

on the other hand, your comments here and on other sites leads me to think DS smurf account, I could be wrong.

He's just easily led as is apparent by his blind trust in a derek smart blog post being evidence of anything, least of all anything related to himself. Guy is one of the most dishonest personalities in the gaming industry and extremely toxic, many of us here have witnessed his previous melt downs and tactics first hand. I've been ignoring most of the star citizen threads up to this point but the lawsuit stuff got me curious, really sorry to see people are actually naive enough to put themselves on side with such a person.

Chris Roberts mistake is giving this stuff any kind of attention or credence, he should've simply ignored it and continued to produce content. Let people make their dumb anonymous stories, you silence your critics with results not lawsuits. When you let emotion get the better of you and start making threats you lower yourself to derek smarts level.

Ugh what a mess, I'm done reading about this game until it ships.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
10. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 6, 2015, 10:48 Verno

I just finished a bunch of console games so maybe I'll try to finish it off. Its always a mistake to put down an RPG, they are so daunting to return to  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
6. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 6, 2015, 10:18 Verno

Yeah I kinda lost steam with Witcher 3 somewhere and its hard to pick it back up.  

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 6, 2015, 10:15 Verno

"I am selling my company, and the buyer is turning on Acceptable Ads," Gundlach said.

Ok then. Glad I switched to uBlock Origin awhile ago. This is the other extension with the same name, being sold to Adblock Plus itself I think. Weird.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2015, 10:00 Verno

The bear climbing the railing toward the end was impressive.  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2015, 09:06 Verno

InBlack wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 03:17:
Im thinking it can't be that good. The book was apparently a sleeper hit. But a lot goes on in a man's mind while he is stranded on a fucking alien planet that might not transfer that well from the written word to the big screen. Ridley Scott doesn't exactly impress with his work lately either, the last good picture he directed being The Gladiator FFS...

It's airport sci-fi reading and the movie is fine. If you've actually read the book you'll know that most of it is humorous and theres very little personal rumination from the main character.

17. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 6, 2015, 08:59 Verno

Adblock on everything, too much malware is delivered by advertisement these days not to. I reward website owners in other ways, assuming they provide a method of doing so.  

17882 Comments. 895 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo