Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 17062 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Patch Notes; Patch May Come Tomorrow
1. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch Notes; Patch May Come Tomorrow Apr 2, 2015, 16:45 Verno

Fixed a problem where attributes on characters could permanently increase by equipping certain items. This will also retroactively fix the problem in saved games that have characters with this issue.

Noooo, no more godlike Eder!

Playing: The Witcher 3, Bloodborne, Secret of Mana
Watching: X-Files, Mad Men, Mad Max Fury Road
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
39. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2015, 15:09 Verno

tl;dr: bronies are a bunch of poorly adjusted adults and/or perverts.

I don't care if that offends, bronies are fuckin creepy. I remember taking our little one when she was 4 to a local promo event involving My Little Pony. There were some weird fuckin fat sweaty dude there by himself just staring at the kids, I wanted to beat the shit out of him but thankfully security eventually had a few quiet words with him and he left.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2015, 10:29 Verno

You want a prediction about the weather, you're asking the wrong Phil. I'll give you a winter prediction: it's gonna be cold, it's gonna be grey, and it's gonna last you for the rest of your life.

It was on TV last night

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Apr 2, 2015, 08:54 Verno

The irony about the ending is that if you put it all down on paper it actually does work without any paradoxes, a remarkable accomplishment in a time "travel" story.

The incomprehensible bits about love being quantifiable and all that shit were more annoying than anything else. Also Nolan continues to direct movies with the most wooden characters possible and uses Hans Zimmers borderline oppressive scores as a crutch to make the audience feel emotion.

Still loved it though, warts and all.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Patch to Fix Stats
25. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch to Fix Stats Apr 1, 2015, 16:21 Verno

Yeah the save thing I came across (first noticed in Defiance Bay) and fixed myself using the script on the forums, load times were fine after. I think its more than just traps that causes it too, I'm not using a Chanter but had the same thing.  

14. Re: favorite vehicles mapped Apr 1, 2015, 15:27 Verno

America sure does love trucks.  

21. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch to Fix Stats Apr 1, 2015, 15:11 Verno

yonder wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 13:34:
I *WILL* buy this in 6 months, assuming it's finished. If gamers NEVER properly hold developers (remember the difference between a dev and a publisher, for goodness' sake!) responsible AT ALL, they will never have any reason to learn.

It's got some bugs like most other RPG releases (Skyrim for example was horribly broken in many ways) but most of them are easily avoidable if you've done any cursory reading about the game. Obsidian also released Southpark which was very well polished. This isn't even up there in terms of buggy stuff they've produced.

This comment was edited on Apr 1, 2015, 15:37.

18. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch to Fix Stats Apr 1, 2015, 13:12 Verno

The rest system isn't ideal but I can see where they were going with wanting a bit of consequence in the combat. What's weird is some abilities are per encounter and others arent without any rhyme or reason. Some of the per rest spells/etc eventually become per encounter ones too which is strange, I guess the thinking was your character is becoming stronger and has mastered the spell or whatever from an RP perspective.

I still think they could've approached difficulty in a smarter way but rest is something familiar to fans. The camping supplies bit is just bullshit though. Space them out more or whatever but don't place a limit on them.

This comment was edited on Apr 1, 2015, 13:20.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 1, 2015, 13:05 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 12:11:
they actually already have that. It is called subscribe and save. Order 5 or more items and u get 20% off. I use it for household essentials. Save hundreds every few months.

I use it for a few things but I meant for the unit itself with some sort of ability to program it (order when X is at Y but not Z type stuff) based on quantity and other factors. Sort of like what Blister said but more on the end user side of things.

Amazon has also rolled out an API so that device manufacturers can build-in automatic re-ordering if your coffeemaker runs out of coffee or your printer runs out of ink.

The way our printer company tries to force new toners on us when the capacity is still at 40% I won't be going anywhere near that

16. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch to Fix Stats Apr 1, 2015, 12:39 Verno

Yeah, it seems a lot of people are hating on their system and rightfully so. It wouldn't be so bad if it were turn based but real-time even with slow was a pretty stupid choice.

Real time with pause is perfectly fine and they've been up front with what the game is from the beginning. This is a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate and Planescape Torment, not Fallout 2. Go into the game and edit the pause options if its too fast paced for you. The game has extensive options for exactly this reason. I'm surprised to see you of all people complaining so much about this, as far as problems with the game its the least of them. The game is really not that hard even without pausing a lot, I'm not sure why you're struggling so much. Give yourself time to adjust to the new systems and try to understand the underlying mechanics in more depth.

I do agree though that some buffs and debuffs need length adjustments. The game in general could use a balance pass but its coming so whatever, put off a play thru if its too much right now.

13. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch to Fix Stats Apr 1, 2015, 12:03 Verno

No real problems with the combat system so far other than the Ranger companion seeming pretty underwhelming and I'm appreciating the quality writing after playing the dreck that was the D:OS story/quests. Took some adjustment because I've been playing a lot of turn based RPGs lately but a little patience goes a long way.

Bugs will be sorted out in short order, not worried about it.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 1, 2015, 11:17 Verno

There is no reason drones can't be used effectively in a city setting, it just needs to be regulated like anything else.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
29. Re: etc., etc. Apr 1, 2015, 10:35 Verno

Women call men patronizing things all the time and the genders will never be equal, now that we've wrapped up that important social issue moving on....

GTA V trailer will accompany delay of game yet again bwuahaha.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 1, 2015, 10:22 Verno

Seems real enough to me, if its a joke they put a lot of effort into it. Automated or semi-automated dispensing of some items isn't necessarily a horrible business idea either, I might not be it but I'm sure theres a market for lazy people. It would be better if it had some memory and could just keep a list of things that you need every week and don't care to browse for. Of course that's just asking to be fleeced on price too. I'm sure its an urbanite wet dream.

In a world where the Amazon Echo is a real thing, I can't get too worked up over it.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 1, 2015, 10:13 Verno

The PR blather that comes out of almost every mouth at Microsoft is insufferable, you even hear it from devs and stuff at conferences. They really live in their own little universe.  

News Comments > Nobody's Fool 2015 Part One
5. Re: Nobody's Fool 2015 Part One Apr 1, 2015, 09:58 Verno

Haha yeah, the HL3 trailer takes the cake this year.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 31, 2015, 15:25 Verno

I'm a big board game guy. I have about 40 or 50 and we play a few of them every week. Eclipse was on my list until I saw it listed for $135. I got Terra Mystica instead. Fantastic game.

Thanks for the heads up on those, my girlfriend loves board games.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2015, 14:00 Verno

One legged? The way hes holding it and how low he is to the ice I'm more worried about him burying it in his head after falling forward.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length
22. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length Mar 31, 2015, 12:54 Verno

I'm sure you can do 200 hours in this, you can probably also just do the story and beat it in 1/10th of that time. I'll probably end up somewhere in between.

I completely get your points about it stupid to miss the story of an RPG and whatnot, but with less time available which I'm sure a lot of you here have no clue what that's about yet until you move out, marry, and have responsibilities (don't even have a kid yet!). Your time management becomes a major factor in gaming, lol.

Haha whatever dude, this is a PC gaming site for grognards. Most of the crowd here is going to be 30+ at the minimum, if not 40+. So yeah most of us have jobs, families and responsibilities just like you. Budget your time and don't take on more than you can realistically handle, you should be used to that from your other responsibilities Worst case scenario you get the long RPG later on when its cheaper, win win.

I try to rotate between 2-3 games at once, never more than one multiplayer. Some weekends I can spend a lot of time gaming, others zero. It all kind of balances out.

This comment was edited on Mar 31, 2015, 13:11.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length
4. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length Mar 31, 2015, 09:55 Verno

200 hours, jesus. After Witcher 3 and GTA V I am totally set for the entire year. I still haven't completed Homeworld Remastered, the games just keep comin, great problem to have I guess.  

17062 Comments. 854 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo