Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 14967 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
30. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 08:43 Verno

Waiting for reviews.  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC Dark Souls II Next Month
21. Re: PC Dark Souls II Next Month Mar 7, 2014, 08:43 Verno

I can't wait to dive into this one. I'm an absolute fiend for these games, they are some of the most interesting and challenging ones I've played.  

News Comments > MS Planning DirectX 12
52. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 14:19 Verno

Bundy wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 14:13:
Enh, there seems to be a lot of MS hate no matter what they do.

That's because they will find some way to make a good announcement into a bad with SKU locking or something silly like that. Microsoft is remarkably adapt at doing this. Microsoft has long neglected the PC platform with regards to gaming and this is primarily a PC gaming website, it shouldn't be a mystery. As for other forums *shrug*, I think they get a fair shake.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 6, 2014, 14:12 Verno

He says in the Morning Consolidation thread where he was just posting about how Sony gets some sort of imagined favoritism

If you have news to send in then email news@bluesnews.com, I think you will find Blue has no preference and will post almost every he gets so long as its news.

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Mar 6, 2014, 13:29 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 13:10:
My biggest issues with the original were the boring combat and the limited skill tree. Has the skill tree been tweaked at all?

The skills themselves have been tweaked but there aren't changes to the underlying system if that's what you mean. Items can now modify skills significantly which adds some depth to the skill system that was really lacking before IMO. How this holds up over the long term is anyones guess. I really want Adventure mode, the traditional campaign running loses me quickly.

They offer the Crusader in the character select which is surprising considering the expansion doesn't land til the 25th, seems almost a bit misleading to have an "Upgrade" option sitting there in place of the ok button. Just in case anyone else thought if they upgraded now they could play one, you can't

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 2014, 13:36.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 6, 2014, 12:49 Verno

(although it seems blues never posts anything negative on Sony so maybe it's just what it is with this site)

That's nonsense, Blue posts pretty much all news he gets good or bad for whatever company. When Sony had the big PSN hack we had several large stories on it. Sony just has improved their messaging so there hasn't been as much "negative" to comment on as in the past. Microsoft gets bad PR because they spent the past year literally fucking up their hard earned reputation in almost every way imaginable.

Blue doesn't read minds, if you see something that isn't posted then send it in. Just in the past few days we've had stories on Amy Hennig getting forced out of Naughty Dog, SM studio closures and Sony having layoffs at other first party studios so I'm not sure where you even get the idea that there is some sort of overriding brand preference here.

Based on your wording I suspect that you have some brand preferences of your own anyway.

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 2014, 12:59.

News Comments > Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer
2. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 6, 2014, 11:01 Verno

Amazon had this pegged at June 5th for the past few months so pretty close.  

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Mar 6, 2014, 09:44 Verno

Yakubs wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 09:28:
Let's look back on the game in a year or more before deigning the patch a success. D3 1.0 was "fun" for a short time too.

There is definitely a honeymoon period with games but fun is fun, whether you have it for a year or not.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
10. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 6, 2014, 09:25 Verno

Cutter wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 22:41:
A single game on a single platform that most people don't know about or will ever experience? It may be great but she's still an unknown to most people.

Try googling her name next time. Legacy of Kain, Uncharted, Jak and Daxter, not to mention working on several other projects in an advisory capacity. She's been working in the industry since the NES days so people are just sending her some encouragement.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2014, 08:50 Verno

Yeah it's been pretty brutal, we got another dump of snow a few days ago. Weather Network called for half an inch, we got 4. It was also -20. My neighbor felt like chatting while I was clearing some snow off my truck yesterday and I had to politely beg off after a minute because my ears felt like they were going to fall off. I don't even remember what spring looks like anymore and don't expect to see highs above 0 until April at this rate. The climate in general has changed so much from when I was younger.

I miss LA Not the horrible traffic and crime rate, just the consistency of the weather.

News Comments > MS Planning DirectX 12
1. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 08:46 Verno

Surface tablet exclusive  

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
91. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 6, 2014, 08:46 Verno

I went back to my old Monk last night and it's still boring the shit out of me. Everything seems to take forever to kill compared to my Wizard or Demon Hunter. I don't even feel that much more survivable compared to them either. No surprise Monk was Jay Wilson's pet overtuned class, it has his robotic touch all over it. If someone has a good Monk build please let me know otherwise I'm shelving it.

Wizard was hella fun though. Arcane Hydra, Disintegrate, Blizzard and Ice Spike Magic Missile are a fun combo along with Ice armor and crystal skin for bosses. I found some legendaries last night and *gasp* they were upgrades. They even had stats appropriate to my level and class, it's a miracle.

Actually if anything the loot feels a bit overtuned itself, I found more useful drops last in a 2 hour session than I did in a month of playing the old game. In fact literally everything that dropped was useful in one way or another, no crap loot or whites at all. Maybe I just had a good run but hey I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
22. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2014, 15:40 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 15:31:
Well....the CURRENT issue with increasing min wage is that the small businesses just pass off the increased costs to their customers. So you are robbing from peter to pay paul. I have a lot of friends (service industry) who own/work/etc small biz, bars, restaurants, service companies, etc., and they have flat out said "the increase in vegetables has forced me to increase my food costs" and "Obamacare has forced me to increase prices" and "if min wage goes up my prcies go up" and "gas prices has increased my prices from vendors and I pass that on to the consumer".

Fair enough. Personally I don't think it's a simple net zero and I would like to see it only applied to corporations at a certain income threshold rather than all companies equally. I agree that minimum wage jobs are supposed to be a life stopgap and not a career but the current economic climate isn't helping much in that regard. People aren't just going to spend 30% more for everything across the board, that money goes to a lot of different places, many of which serve to enrich those workers in other areas like education.

Unfortunately there is no silver bullet, a minimum wage increase by itself is a bandaid on a larger problem where top income earners are not reinvesting enough wealth back into the economy. This is something Buffett recognizes that most of his ilk do not.

18. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2014, 15:01 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 14:41:
I respect Buffet for what he has done in the media and speaks against the class warfare. Having many friends who work service industry, gotta respect his attitude of $15.00 min wage (I personally don't agree - but I have to respect it).

I used to be against a min wage increase but after more research I've completely turned around on it. When you look at how little wages have increased relative to inflation and contrast that against the massive rise in wealth disparity (executive compensation has gone through the roof for example) there can be no doubt that the middle class need help. The dual income lower middle class especially is really in trouble and that means their kids are in bigger trouble. Higher minimum wages tend to provide an economic surge as well, middle class spending is the primary driver of the economy. I'm all for a minimum wage increase, I'd prefer it would be for larger corporations who can afford it instead of Mom & Pop type stores. The problem there is they have effectively no political representation these days and corporate lobbies literally shit money everywhere.

The biggest problem I think that would occur are massive layoffs as companies try to avoid that initial hit.

That right there is the problem. Corporations start cutting with their workforce despite executive compensation being totally ridiculous. Profit and at the top enrichment over all other concerns.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2014, 14:52 Verno

Re: Transformers, they're all terrible movies IMO. Bay is just the wrong director for the role but he's perfected his craft of distracting the masses with boomboom and hackneyed plots so I have to give him credit because they print money.  

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
86. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 5, 2014, 14:28 Verno

I understand where you're coming from but it's not likely at this point, sorry dude.

Game size seemed much higher last night when I went to DL, 25GB good grief! I thought I would be able to download it in an hour or two then play with people but it ended up taking 3 hours so I passed out watching a movie instead. Hopefully have a chance tonight!

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2014, 11:13 Verno

Bitcoin is a really bad joke.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 5, 2014, 11:12 Verno

avianflu wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 11:09:
I like Amazon but considering how much many they make on ebooks they really should be selling the paperwhite kindles for 50 bucks max. 120 is a ripoff.

I don't know, Amazon tends to sell their hardware at a loss most of the time. As a company they're remarkably consumer driven, eschewing many usual avenues of profit seeking that other corporations engage in.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
16. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 5, 2014, 09:43 Verno

Sepharo wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 23:40:
I wish I never heard about SEO.
Usually pisses me off just thinking about it.

I hate how that has turned into this weird sham advertising sub-market for flailing 20 somethings. Scamming Google professionally and subverting peoples search for knowledge, what a career.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 5, 2014, 09:22 Verno

Hahaha oh Comcast, never change. Just when I think I've seen all of the bullshit.  

14967 Comments. 749 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo