Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 16295 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 12, 2014, 12:37 Verno

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 11:20:
I don't even get what entices people to go to the cinema in the first place. Noisy people and people in front of me blocking half the screen isn't my idea of a good time that I pay money for...

Women like going out and doing things. Often its pointless things just to fill time but that's what women do. It is a very rare woman who is a home body that never wants to go anywhere and sit around playing games or watching movies. That's not a horrible thing either, I do enough of that shit on my own so getting out for a bite to eat with friends and seeing a flick is a nice break from routine.

This comment was edited on Dec 12, 2014, 13:41.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Dec 12, 2014, 09:16 Verno

Here we go again Rolleyes  

News Comments > The Crew Stats Issue
14. Re: The Crew Stats Issue Dec 11, 2014, 14:28 Verno

Thanks for the write up Hanover, very interesting but ultimately I think I will pass and move onto other racers for my introduction to the genre.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 11, 2014, 09:28 Verno

The real shame about DriveClub is apparently with the latest patch its very fun and one of the better looking games on the market now. They should've just held it back 3 months for some real beta testing.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 11, 2014, 09:17 Verno

That quote is a bit out of context. For the people who will react to the headline instead of reading the article, they're not making a MOBA. It was being considered at one point but they just decided to make DD2 a true sequel.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans
90. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 10, 2014, 16:03 Verno

I could handle the bad AI if the tactical mode wasn't completely terrible but it is. I could handle the tactical mode being stupid if it didn't control like shit but it does. And so on. The problem with the small issues in DA:I is that there are a bunch of them and they add up to big annoyances.

I like the game, I think its definitely worth the asking price and then some. But the way they shipped the PC version is indefensible and they do need to make it right. It prevents me from fully enjoying many parts of it and makes some things way more tedious than they need to be.

Have they said at all when to expect the next patch? I suppose after this mess it will be a good while and that's not a bad thing.

83. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 10, 2014, 15:21 Verno

Creston wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 15:12:
Btw, if you haven't patched yet, definitely don't do it now, because apparently everyone who patched in the last ten hours or so is getting an error from Origin that the game can't be activated (apparently it needs to be reactivated every patch, because you might have gone from being someone who bought it to a pirate in the space of three weeks).

Origin support is saying "eh, yeah, that's Bioware's problem."

Quite a few posts of that kind on the PC patch thread on their forum.

Haha why do they keep doing stupid shit like this? They said it was a one time activation pre-release. That's really unacceptable to pull that shit now especially considering they are actively interfering with people playing the game.

77. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 10, 2014, 14:52 Verno

This is a perfect example of why ignore is a beautiful thing. I even have a script for nuking nested quotes from ignored users if anyone wants it, PM me

I have given up on my quest to make Varric useful. His actual utility isn't good, his damage sucks and his survivability isn't great either. The AI makes Sera and Cole very hard to use unless they're ranged too. I am kinda frustrated in that I have so many companions but most aren't really usable due to crappy AI and the dreadful tactical interface.

70. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 10, 2014, 12:57 Verno

The lead Q/A guy didn't try to play it with a KB/M. Yeah that says it all right there. If you want to sell it on the PC then at least make a token effort at these things, holy shit. It sucks because the game is good but its surrounded by all of these dumb decisions and neglect on one platform.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 10, 2014, 11:39 Verno

Reading up on this, it was some old MS guy that was largely behind the delays of HBO moderning its streaming shit. Sounds like vintage Ballmer style leadership influence. Guy goes to a different company, the back stabbing and fiefdoms start up, he brings in more Microsoft people and projects fall way behind schedule due to churn.  

News Comments > Dying Light Opening Cinematic
8. Re: Dying Light Opening Cinematic Dec 10, 2014, 11:13 Verno

Wildone wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 08:07:
Lets see you do better!!!! Oh wait...

Amateurs have done better on Youtube so I wouldn't be so quick to make that comment.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic - Shadow of Revan Released
8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Shadow of Revan Released Dec 10, 2014, 11:03 Verno

Creston wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 00:04:
"Revanís storyline is filled with the intense cinematic action and BioWare storytelling that fans have come to expect from Star Wars: The Old Republic," wanted in a single player sequel to KOTOR since 2003.

Fuck you and your shitty MMO.

It sucks but I can see Dragon Age going there. Look at all of the MMO structures they had in place already in DA:I. It was even storyboarded as a multiplayer title. EA isn't going to resist that microtransactional money forever and the games don't seem to well enough to appease their greedy board if other franchises doing 3-4m are considered disappointments. It's coming man

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder)
12. Re: Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder) Dec 10, 2014, 11:00 Verno

Prez wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 10:08:
The way they wrote the novice part is confusing me - you don't have to complete the ame on normal to unlock novice mode do you?

No, they just meant it was to address complaints from people who didn't want the Alien breathing down their neck every second when they wanted to do a bit of exploring. Often times you wanna check out areas in more depth and not be rushed with reading logs or etc but you can't because well...Alien.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2014, 10:10 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 09:08:
wow....where does the time go....

Kids and women, sigh. Women especially always find a way to fill time, they can't just be doing nothing.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2014, 10:01 Verno

Cutter wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 16:08:
Sort of like the government spying on you was just for the hatters too, eh? I have no idea why Autism is on the rise but something is causing it.

Why is something causing it? Don't do your usual hit and run on this shit, stick around and actually explain yourself. The way we diagnose it has changed drastically so of course the statistics changed. Autism was barely understood in the past and it has been tragically misdiagnosed in many people.

Vaccinations are not causing a rise in autism, there have been several exhaustive studies debunking the original research which was a total sham. It's not paranoia, the guy lied, it is that simple. He was caught up in some pretty dodgy shit, read up on him. I get the whole "mistrust consensus, be an individual" thing but it makes no sense here.

68. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 10, 2014, 09:14 Verno

Creston wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 00:05:
Very interesting to see the information that prior to patch 2, no matter what your settings, the game simply used Ultra shaders. They really did no testing on this whatsoever...

Hahah wow at least load the damned game and check. These companies..

45. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 9, 2014, 16:03 Verno

Yeah screw this, I'm gonna play Far Cry 4 for a few days while they sort this out.

The Bioware forums are hilarious right now though, they're in an uproar over the complexion bugs because "Scout Harding doesnt have freckles anymore!". Way to focus on whats important guys hahah.

Check out the before and after on this shit, wow! (On the link, click on the Spoiler hide/show button to see the image)

Edit - LOL at this guys zinger:

Loaded game again after trying more things to fix this mess of a PC Patch. None worked BTW.

Shiny hair.
Complexion changes.
Scars gone.
Environmental effects horrible.
Ground textures terrible.

If I wanted to play an ugly game, I'd have a console.

This comment was edited on Dec 9, 2014, 16:28.

43. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 9, 2014, 15:54 Verno

jomisab wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 15:45:
You can tell Steam to not update on a game-by-game basis.

All that setting seems to do is prevent Steam from checking for updates to that game when the client launches. It will always check for an update to a game when you launch it, that setting was renamed in the past few months specifically for that reason. You can read about some peoples frustrations with it here. If I'm online and theres an update for a game Steam prompts it and won't me launch. The only reliable way to avoid Steam updates in my experience is just being in offline mode which isn't practical for me. Origin implements this in a better and believe me, I was as surprised as anyone.

Anyways post patch amusement from someone on the bioware forums, here is what her female dwarf looks like after patching: Wow, might wanna hold off patching for a day or two

36. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 9, 2014, 15:42 Verno

People might want to hold off patching for now. Unlike Steam, you can set Origin not to auto-update and then just play DA:I in offline mode even if it knows theres an update. Wish I had done that.

All of my characters have the shiny hair bug with the meshes now despite my graphical options settings and my characters complexion/etc is totally off. It seems like they applied low settings to everything or something, now the textures/etc looks like crap. I have to mess around with the config file a bit and see what the hell is going on, change my settings more to see if that helps and etc.

After messing around in the character creation for a bit I just discovered that they actually removed a ton of the options, no wonder my character got changed. I hope that is accidental.

32. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 9, 2014, 14:58 Verno

jomisab wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 14:55:
Darn...nothing about fixing the flashing textures in SLI.

Worth a shot anyway, it might not be listed but still fixed. Patch notes are rarely comprehensive these days.

16295 Comments. 815 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo