Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 15638 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 Now Live
27. Re: Diablo III 2.1.0 Now Live Aug 27, 2014, 13:14 Verno

InBlack wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 03:27:

Well said Eraser, but it wont convince the fanbois. Its not Blizzard being cheap and not having enough servers for peak demand. Its never Blizzards fault.

These guys hit the PSN servers with 263 Gbps of traffic. That's in addition to whatever regular traffic they sustain. It really isn't Blizzards fault, use your head man.

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2014, 13:10 Verno

Krovven wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 12:09:
Pretty fucked up that kids as young as 8 can legally use firearms. They can't drive until they are 16, drink until they are 21...but hey let's put a full auto Uzi in their hands and see what happens. Fucked up society.

The "think of the children" arguments about nudity, violence and coarse language always amuse me when put into that sort of context.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 27, 2014, 12:58 Verno

There is very little difference between hardware manufacturers in terms of reliability, we buy in bulk at work and just go for price. One of the hardware guys keeps a spreadsheet tracking it and there was less than 1% reliability difference between the top and bottom. Sometimes you get a bad batch but that's often due to shipping as much as anything else. Newegg for a long time had people thinking that the WD Reds were unreliable because they were shipping them in a terrible state and people were getting lots of DOAs.

I know backblaze did some tests awhile back but they were ripping drives out of externals and all sorts of other stuff that can influence results.

The only thing that bugs me about Seagate is just that their warranty period is often short but unfortunately thats just a sign of the times, other drive manufacturers are going the same route.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced
11. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced Aug 27, 2014, 12:52 Verno

Icewind wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 12:46:
I'm still a bit skittish about getting this one. I have a character I took through DA:O and DA2 and they are ready to be imported, but I just don't trust BioWare after ME3 and DA2. With the doctors having left and EA bragging about DLC goals, I'm taking a wait-and-see approach here.

I'm open to it though. They just have to prove it to me.

Yeah that's pretty much where I'm at too. The DLC in DA2 really irked me because the game itself was so repetitive and I wasn't happy with several other aspects of it. I'm willing to give it a chance after release/reviews but I'm definitely waiting it out and for the initial gushfest honeymoon period to die down.

News Comments > GOG.com Adds DRM-Free Movies; TV Coming
2. Re: GOG.com Adds DRM-Free Movies; TV Coming Aug 27, 2014, 12:38 Verno

Hah whoa, they beat Steam to the punch. The selection is uh, not great but its a start. Uphill battle with DRM free video, that's for sure.  

News Comments > Volition Reveal Friday
11. Re: Volition Reveal Friday Aug 27, 2014, 11:28 Verno

Razumen wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 11:19:
What was wrong with the PC port? First I heard of it being bad, and it played flawlessly on my system.

Yeah sorry I am mixing up SR2 and SR3 in my head. I preferred the story/gameplay of SR2 to 3 & 4.

8. Re: Volition Reveal Friday Aug 27, 2014, 11:12 Verno

nin wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 11:00:
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I do hope SR takes a few steps back towards reality. 3 is still my favorite, but 4 seemed too far out there, and not nearly as fun.

This is exactly what several of us said post-release but a lot of people never played 3 due to the dismal PC port and didn't get to see how great it was. Good story with just enough wackiness but it didn't get into the over the top absurdity of 4.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2014, 10:56 Verno

Yeah it was a weird summer, my neighbor called this month Augtober because we had basically no humid days right up to yesterday. My power bill is very low too, I think we only used the AC once when I was cooking for like 5 hours, the rest of the time we just opened the windows. I definitely prefer it this way, I just hope we have a better winter this year. Last winter there was almost no thaw so the accumulation got pretty nuts, I had massive drifts on my lawn and a few inches of ice underneath.  

News Comments > EA's $1B DLC Goal
34. Re: EA's $1B DLC Goal Aug 27, 2014, 10:24 Verno

I will never touch a sports game again if they start doing that.  

2. Re: Volition Reveal Friday Aug 27, 2014, 10:23 Verno

Saints Row 5 revealed to be a DLC jigsaw puzzle for Saints Row 4, collect all 90 pieces to play it.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced
1. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced Aug 27, 2014, 10:21 Verno

It sounds like they are putting actual effort into it with real dungeon crawls rather than just some dumb survival modes so kudos there.  

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 Now Live
20. Re: Diablo III 2.1.0 Now Live Aug 27, 2014, 09:17 Verno

The console versions being offline and supporting trading is a real kick in the teeth to PC users, not sure why they haven't backported those changes. Duping isn't a real concern anymore thanks to them tightening up the netcode and there is no more open battle.net to worry about.  

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 Today - First Season Begins Friday
20. Re: Diablo III 2.10 Today Aug 26, 2014, 16:08 Verno

ItBurn wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 16:03:
Does the ultimate evil edition get anything from patch 2.10? Like the greater rifts, ladders, goblin world and especially, the fixing of the skills?

It gets all of that and Blizzard has said the PS4 version will have full ongoing patch parity with the PC. It's basically the PC version with some additions and a few changes to targeting, a new menu interface and item comparison tool.

17. Re: Diablo III 2.10 Today Aug 26, 2014, 15:49 Verno

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 15:44:
There's zero economy in the game other than what you own since the PC version has everything bound to the account. I don't think you can even give someone gold anymore.

Yeah you can't trade gold anymore. You can only trade certain items that have dropped with someone in the same game and there is a time limit on that. I think you can trade blue items or something though, I forget. On the other hand I do not like the idea of losing all 400 paragon levels on my standard account, I wish they could have just used the same account structure as PC b.net. But I guess if I do ladder I will have to deal with that regardless.

The console version has a few features that set it apart and make it attractive. Couch co-op is such a blast, theres some sort of weird trading/gifting functionality, nemesis stuff and so on.

This comment was edited on Aug 26, 2014, 15:54.

9. Re: Diablo III 2.10 Today - First Season Begins Friday Aug 26, 2014, 15:06 Verno

Consoles have a quasi-trading type mode and some other stuff that seems interesting so yeah I think I might just get it on the PS4 instead. I got some Amazon GCs for my birthday so its effectively free to me anyway.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 26, 2014, 14:39 Verno

Agreed. I am a bit worried that I'll get bored moving from 4 powers to 1 though. Hopefully its not just Neon retread and they add some interesting new stuff to it.  

6. Re: Diablo III 2.10 Today Aug 26, 2014, 13:34 Verno

To be fair, most of the time item changes are not retroactive and sometimes thats even desirable.

I like ladders because it gives me a good stop point for playing something else and then I can feel like everyones back at my pace when the new ladder starts. It removes that sense of missing a lot of stuff when everyone has to start over together.

I am waffling on whether to continue here or just move to consoles though. I really love playing this with a gamepad for some reason, its way easier on the wrists and gives you a sense of agency when you're doing things instead of clicking/directing. I hope they reconsider putting gamepad support into the PC version.

The nemesis stuff looked really interesting too.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2014, 13:27 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 12:05:

I will setup a spread league as well, I was just waiting as to not create confusion.....and I have been working a TON....so I haven't had anytime to do a damn thing.....

No worries, I was just curious. I'm okay at picks but terrible on spread so I need to improve.

News Comments > Win8 Age of Empires: Castle Siege Announced
37. Re: Win8 Age of Empires: Castle Siege Announced Aug 26, 2014, 13:03 Verno

Bundy wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 12:57:

Your own biases are quite clear too so *shrug*. All in all I couldn't care less what you think. I just think its funny that I was the only one not pissed about this. And of course I'm the only one attacked. Oh well, back to work for me. Good day.

Quite the opposite, I've frequently defended Microsoft when I think its appropriate and called them out them when they're nonsensical, that's how its supposed to work. They're a corporation, not my "buddy" or something.

The fact that you think you were "attacked" says a lot about your mindset and bias here. You were the one criticizing other peoples thoughts, no one said boo about yours on the game. If you mean my personal observation then fair enough, I've just noticed you have an overly positive bent to anything Microsoft but I should've kept it to myself.

This comment was edited on Aug 26, 2014, 13:09.

News Comments > Win8 Age of Empires: Castle Siege Announced
34. Re: Win8 Age of Empires: Castle Siege Announced Aug 26, 2014, 12:45 Verno

Bundy wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 12:29:
I think a lot of people have a strong sense of entitlement. Microsoft attached the age of empires name to this because its recognizable. That's all this was. Boy people have a strong opinion about that. My concern is why you even give a crap what they call it. It's a stupid clash of clans clone. Who. Cares.

I think you have a strong sense of brand bias so *shrug*.

I've already explained this several times, now you're just going in circles. The name isn't unimportant, that's why they used it. Taking a recognizable property and turning it into something else often doesn't go over well with its previous fans. This being a PC gaming site I'm not at all surprised to see people care. You're also purposely ignoring the larger context of how Microsofts contributions to PC gaming have gone over in the past 5+ years.

It's a stupid clash of clans clone. Who. Cares.

This is a bad argument, you care enough to post about it so of course others do. I don't see anyone telling you what to think or do about this game, people are just posting their own thoughts. You just don't like them because they're negative.

15638 Comments. 782 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo