Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 17228 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades
68. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 22, 2015, 13:55 Verno

The console versions look much worse, I saw the PS4 at a buddys place last night and they get the short end of the stick. The PC version is much much better in just about every respect. Stop talking about it and looking at youtube videos, go play em.  

Playing: Dota 2 Reborn, The Witcher 3, Super Metroid
Watching: Galaxy Quest, True Detective S2, Dark Matter
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Shadowrun: Hong Kong Trailer; Shadowrun Sale
9. Re: Shadowrun: Hong Kong Trailer; Shadowrun Sale May 22, 2015, 13:51 Verno

I loved the first couple of games, looking forward to this. I just wrapped up my Dragonfall replay the other day, ironically I've never played a Decker before in any of these games so I gotta try that in Hong Kong.  

News Comments > Morning Patches
2. Re: Morning Patches May 22, 2015, 13:30 Verno

If you want to see POE news then submit it, email news@bluesnews.com  

News Comments > Need for Speed Reboot This Autumn
3. Re: Need for Speed Reboot This Autumn May 21, 2015, 13:05 Verno

Need for DLC.

I wonder how far off we are from having to pay for your gas in game with real cash.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation May 21, 2015, 13:02 Verno

Haha cheers, I'm a sucker for that old SNES shit. I'm playing it with my brother IRL, its still fun as hell. We do one session a week, time permitting. We're gonna do Seiken Densetsu 3 next and then maybe Final Fight. We beat Legend last week in one sitting (well no other way to do it) which was rough as hell, those old games are hard as fuck. One day Battletoads, one day.  

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed May 21, 2015, 11:53 Verno

The client is a pig, cumbersome and inelegant.

It's pretty hard to integrate all of the functionality Steam has "elegantly" but it does a pretty good job. It's also not a pig on resources.

28. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 10:35 Verno

Lord Tea wrote on May 21, 2015, 10:23:
Fragmentation is bad for everyone.

For the developer because it has to code for different platforms and then support them. It's more time consuming and costs more money.

For the gamer because the developer can only spend a fraction of its time/budget on his/her chosen platform, resulting in worse support and less platform specific optimisation.

Uh that's why they did this, they avoided fragmentation here by not doing another render path or significant splits in the code base so I don't see what your complaint is. Each platform will still get individual attention and already did so, I'm sure they will continue their fine tradition of post release support as well.

No, I haven't played the game yet. I'm left-handed and don't currently have the motivation to do the necessary hacks for the movement keys. While waiting for a fix I'm playing other games (e.g. GTA). As usual, things will improve eventually, and I have the patience to wait.

It's 5 seconds in a text file, not a hack but fair enough. I think you should actually wait and see what the game looks and plays like before passing judgment on their actions. If you want to complain about what you didn't get then it should be based on some form of experience with the product, not a link to a benchmark that shows vram usage. So exercise that patience you just mentioned and have an open mind.

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed May 21, 2015, 10:05 Verno

GOG is cool but Galaxy is way too barebones to use as a primary source of games IMO.  

21. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 10:01 Verno

Lord Tea wrote on May 21, 2015, 09:45:
Nope. Wrong. I don't understand. Plenty of games out there that are PC only and do/did extremely well. Wasteland 2 for example. And tons of other indie games.

And by the way: I'm getting pissed off by all those post-release-apologies and can't hear the BS (a.k.a. LIES) anymore. They had to release this on all platforms. Good. The game has issues on ALL platforms. Bad. Lack of optimisation on consoles, causing serious framedrops on PS4. Xbox One can't even handle Full HD. PC suffers from quality downgrade and performance is fair at best.

Get your act together CDPR.

As the developer already said, we wouldn't have The Witcher 3 without consoles. They are a huge part of the market and the PC base doesn't sell enough units to afford a budget so high. There's a financial side to the business that you simply don't seem to understand or care about but its a reality nonetheless. I'm pretty happy with what we received, I don't see a real cause for complaint here. It's easy to cherry pick static screenshots but the game itself looks pretty great while I'm playing it. You've played it right? You're not just going by forum talk? I ask because I find it hard to believe anyone would be seriously displeased by what they delivered.

1. Re: Morning Consolidation May 21, 2015, 09:29 Verno

Instant buy on the Bloodborne DLC for me, that shit is GOTY so far. Great game.  

7. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 09:28 Verno

Marketing is a tough balancing act as Ubisoft has found out recently with backlash over their displayed vs actual products. In the case of The Witcher 3 I find the game overall to be so nice looking that I don't mind any downgrades.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2015, 09:18 Verno

I always preferred Letterman's acerbic wit to Leno's blandness, sad to see him retire. His interviews were rarely predictable and often interesting. I still remember how he handled the extortion stuff awhile back, no one else would have been so head on and I think he saved his own legacy by being so blunt and direct about it.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 21, 2015, 09:15 Verno

Canadian Piracy Rates Plummet as Industry Points to Effectiveness of Copyright Notice-and-Notice System

In unrelated news, use of VPNs and Usenet spikes across Canada

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released
90. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 21, 2015, 09:06 Verno

Flatline wrote on May 20, 2015, 14:47:
Gotta say the art direction is *gorgeous* at times. The first time I rode into the bog forest and the wind kicked up it made me shiver it looked and sounded so great.

I need to update my drivers but using old drivers I get pretty smooth performance in game and in dialogue i drop frames. It's weird.

I'm not a fan of Geralt's movement out of combat. I suspect a patch will fix that though.

Having lots of fun though.

I do wish there would be some sort of analog movement system so that he isn't just running everywhere, its kind of an odd omission considering how console centric many aspects of design are. Another one is the tiny ass font size, I thought maybe I needed glasses so I swapped from the HDTV to my 27" monitor but its the same story there. I see a lot of complaints on forums about that as well so hopefully that's something they look into.

News Comments > More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy
60. Re: More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy May 20, 2015, 14:02 Verno

This was back in the early Vista days and the info came from an ex-Microsoft engineer over at SA who worked on the Windows team (he had a pretty graph I'm trying to track down on my HD). Back then Creative was a bigger player and soundcards were more common, Creative was still definitely a niche in the overall market but they were responsible for a disproportionate number of BSOD reports and essentially refused to invest properly into fixing their constant messes. As you said Microsoft eventually saw the benefit of taking control away but Creatives drivers were definitely marked as one of the factors.  

News Comments > More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy
58. Re: More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy May 20, 2015, 12:47 Verno

It wasn't support calls, it was BSODs being audio driver related and you can thank Creative for that. Creative drivers were responsible for something absurd like 14% of all Vista BSODs. Microsoft gave them a million chances which Creative squandered and finally got fed up.  

5. Re: Morning Consolidation May 20, 2015, 10:00 Verno

Cutter wrote on May 20, 2015, 08:57:
So CDPR gimped the game out of greed to tap into the console markets and in the end everyone loses regardless. And there seems to be a ton of stability issues for PC players to boot. I hear it crashes more than Crash Bandicoot crashing a party. Nice play, Shakespeare.

Game looks beautiful and runs fine for me Guitarist

News Comments > DOOM Reveal at E3
76. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 19, 2015, 15:39 Verno

Who is working on this, id or another studio inside of Bethesda? I hope they gave it to the guys who did the new Wolfenstein game, that shit was awesome.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released
47. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 13:54 Verno

I find the game perfectly fine to control using the gamepad, no issues at all. I can play gamepad & KB/M interchangeably in everything except FPS and RTS.

I think its a great game so far but I'm only a few hours in.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews May 19, 2015, 13:36 Verno

ItBurn wrote on May 19, 2015, 11:44:
I pure hate the new Eurogamer review system.

Why? The lack of a score I assume? Or just the authors comments about morality and such?

17228 Comments. 862 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo