Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 17526 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 29, 2015, 10:29 Verno

Loving Witcher 3 but man sometimes when it crashes it really crashes. I've had it bomb the whole system on 3 different hardware/OS combinations. It's not consistent, sometimes it just CTDs and other times its a hard lock. It's funny because I had no crashes at all before 1.07 but its a huge patch so I guess there was bound to be a few issues.  
Playing: Dark Souls 2: Scholars of the First Sin
Watching: Mr. Robot
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 10:27 Verno

For anyone upgrading, your old license key from Windows 7/8 is converted into a Windows 10 license. This means the old key is invalidated after that, just something to keep in mind. Also since someone was asking in the previous thread, you can clean install even using the upgrade. Go to the settings and select what to keep->nothing. It also has advanced options so you can preserve whats on other drives but nuke the system drive if you're worried about it.  

News Comments > Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed
25. Re: Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed Jul 29, 2015, 09:39 Verno

The console version of Diablo 3 is much more fun, both in terms of features and the controls being more amenable to frequent input with my ancient arms. Never thought I would say that but uh there it is haha.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 09:04 Verno

There is no compelling reason to upgrade unless you like to learn about things first hand. If you're installing onto a fresh machine I wouldn't bother with older versions though. It's just another version of Windows, most of the changes are minor from a user perspective and there aren't any huge performance gains or etc. Likewise there's nothing really wrong with it, some minor launch issues and bugs but nothing like Vista. I think my biggest beef is the Windows Update/Driver implementation which they've already said they will revisit.

Anyways I don't mind it but its nothing to get excited about. It's Windows.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 29, 2015, 08:57 Verno

"It lets you be more social"

Uhh right, thanks Larry.

News Comments > PC Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Next Month; Specs
8. Re: PC Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Next Month; Specs Jul 28, 2015, 15:09 Verno

Ozmodan wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 13:00:
Square Enix is a has been studio. They are still in the twentieth century when it comes to game design.

All of your opinions are bad and wrong.

News Comments > Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week
18. Re: Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week Jul 28, 2015, 12:58 Verno

Creston wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 12:54:
Cool, but please let me actually DO something in your beautiful, beautiful open city. Like, let me go out into it and just enjoy it freely, rather than having to do it during a mission.

Yep and don't lock those activities behind DLC.

News Comments > Fallout 4 "Basically Done"
7. Re: Fallout 4 Jul 28, 2015, 11:27 Verno

Flatline wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 11:21:
I'm sure I'll play it, and probably enjoy it. But I suspect it won't be on par with NV.

Strangely enough I found the start of new vegas to be really kind of a letdown compared to F3, and the game traditionally doesn't "begin" for me for some reason until I hit Novac.

Of course, when you hit New Vegas proper the game explodes open and becomes teh awesome. Really wish Obsidian was helming this one.

That's kinda where I'm at. I'm going to enjoy it I'm sure, the exploration stuff is always really well done. Really looking forward to this.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 28, 2015, 10:19 Verno

It would be nice to get a break from the humidity for a few days. After the winter we had I shouldn't bitch too much but when its this humid even grilling is a chore.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 28, 2015, 08:41 Verno

I don't mind updates auto-installing but manufacturers pushing drivers to auto-install is too much. There was no reason to change it from Optional in previous versions of Windows. Undo this idiocy please Microsoft.  

News Comments > Steam Security Hole Closed
10. Re: Steam Security Hole Closed Jul 27, 2015, 10:25 Verno

That's a pretty ridiculous security hole but oh well at least its fixed now.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2015, 09:42 Verno

This one is less serious but I've emailed a few times over the years to point out that you're passing the account username and password in plaintext (in the URL even) when someone goes to the change password under account details. Anyone can test this themselves, click change password under Account Options while logged in with the cookie set, look at the URL. I know Chatbear is old and creaky but it really shouldn't be done that way for a number of reasons, security and bad design being at the top. I doubt there is an easy fix as it would likely require rewriting a big chunk of the authentication modules but I've never received a response so I wasn't sure if you knew or not.

Ok that surfer video was kind of scary and awesome at the same time. Surfers are kind of insane...

Yeah I've tried it a few times and couldn't get into it. I prefer diving and snorkeling for my ocean funtimes.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 27, 2015, 09:13 Verno

Take an underwater selfie with a great white next time, save yourself the money.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10ish
8. Re: Steam Top 10ish Jul 27, 2015, 08:41 Verno

It's a great game, very fun and even when you're losing it doesn't tend to get frustrating. Simple to get into with a high skill ceiling. It's one of the few non-Nintendo games that both my girlfriend and I enjoy equally.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 24, 2015, 14:18 Verno

Yes its hilarious to see all of those broken households for the sake of some vicarious entertainment and some misguided affirmation of your own morals Rolleyes

They sure got what they deserved derp derp!

News Comments > Shadowrun: Hong Kong Next Month
1. Re: Shadowrun: Hong Kong Next Month Jul 24, 2015, 12:46 Verno

Fantastic, already finished the previous games and really enjoyed them. Returns had some rough edges but Dragonfall was the shit, great story and characters.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 24, 2015, 11:45 Verno

Cabbies have significant additional costs saddled on them by the city and state/province, that's why they're so angry. It seems pretty reasonable to me. Uber is a really weird company. They treat everyone as subcontractors and I'm not a fan of their lack of transparency on insurance coverage. There are good cabs and shitty cabs but I feel like at least with a regular cab I get some real recourse over a bad situation. With Uber I'm not so sure. Anyways new business model clashes with old, etc etc. Should be interesting to see how it shakes out.

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 2015, 11:50.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 24, 2015, 10:53 Verno

He's certainly in complete denial about many things, an annoying read.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2015, 10:48 Verno

Weren't you looking into getting a bearded dragon awhile back Blue? Anything ever come of it?

Edit: nevermind, just read the sentence again and saw that you didn't.

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 2015, 11:25.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 24, 2015, 10:25 Verno

The only way I would go into the iOS world is if I could jailbreak the phone, too many of the apps I use are locked down or restricted in some way. The upside would be better quality of life with other apps I guess, some Android apps are really afterthoughts.  

17526 Comments. 877 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo