Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 16920 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 23, 2015, 16:23 Verno

Cutter wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 16:16:
That's what she said!

Maybe that's what she said to you little man, not to me. Zing!

Amazon release shipping is pretty awesome, just got my ship notification. Can't wait to get in some PvP without shields, going to make invasions awesome.

Playing: Bloodborne, GTA V PC, Pillars of Eternity
Watching: The Last Man on Earth, Daredevil, Network
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched
5. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 23, 2015, 14:01 Verno

Flatline wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 13:39:
JFC Bioware is lagging behind on patching this game. What are they doing over there?

I still don't see the ability to like... double-click on loot and have your PC move *to* it. You still have to run over it and do the truffle shuffle to get within the loot's hitbox and any of the other PC 3rd person "advancements" games have made in like... the last 20 years.

For fuck's sake Dragon Age games used to be able to do this.

Yeah I'm not sure whats going on with that, they said these improvements were coming but I don't follow the beta patch stuff much. Anyone have any clue if we're ever getting these? I've been putting off a replay until they're done with the PC improvements.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2015, 12:58 Verno

InBlack wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 09:19:
Great article on Cracked with the 7 ways games have turned into scams, especially this part:

#3. Breaking Pieces Off the Game to Sell

Fuck that shit.

Kind of like how Cracked breaks up its lists into multiple pages to serve as many ads as possible

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Siege Details Leak
15. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Details Leak Mar 23, 2015, 12:12 Verno

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 09:09:
Watched that gameplay footage, not impressed at all. Not even close to the previous video game play they've showed when the game was introduced.
I wonder if UBI does this with every game they make. Show something impressive than significantly downgrade the released version.
Now I am a bit worried about The Division.

You should be, the Division was hopelessly mocked up and the final version will be nothing like it in graphics or gameplay. It had PR stink all over it.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed
80. Re: The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed Mar 23, 2015, 11:43 Verno

saluk wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 15:48:
Got to love the community at blues that in a report that contains such hyperbole as "most exciting and overwhelming experiences I have experienced in my 33 years gaming life" that everyone jumps on "controller felt superior to playing with a mouse".

Don't y'all ever tire of being so predictable?

I wish Blue would do a spring cleaning on some of our more outspoken trolls and try to set some standards here but its not my board so you take the good with the bad man

For what its worth though I think some of the comments are relevant from past experience with the controls in Witcher 2.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Mar 23, 2015, 11:37 Verno

Cutter wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 23:54:
There are better, less costly, and more efficient alternatives to prison.

Not for all offenders there aren't, what a poor generalization.

News Comments > The International Ticket Sales
14. Re: The International Ticket Sales Mar 23, 2015, 11:36 Verno

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 09:01:
The point being, why watch something when you can be doing it yourself? That is the point I was making. Yep, when I am stumped in a game I sometimes grab a utube to see if someone else found a solution, but paying money to watch someone else play a game? Just sounds ridiculous.

Oh and don't give me that nonsense about other sports, 99% of us can't do them, anyone can play a video game and become fairly proficient at it.

If that is something you enjoy, sorry I stepped on your toes, but I just personally don't get it.

Dota 2 is free, download it and watch a few games and you will quickly understand the level these guys play at. I think curling is stupid but I can respect whats involved. Try thinking with an adult mind for a change instead of just looking to tar anything that doesn't agree with your world view.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 Verno

Alamar wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 10:26:
Having just gotten my PS4, for Bloodborne, I couldn't be certain, but aren't patches forced on you? When I install anything, it starts downloading the patch (there's always a patch) anyways... I didn't have to manually do anything (except with BB, which is a pre-load)...

You can turn off updates and play without it. You won't be able to play with the online features though.

Also this patch isn't that big, it includes some assets and other stuff. We've seen far bigger day ones.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 20, 2015, 09:51 Verno

MLB 14 The Show support shutting down in June?

What the fuck? It's not even a year old yet. Holy shit Sony.

News Comments > Dying Light Killing It
19. Re: Dying Light Killing It Mar 20, 2015, 08:49 Verno

Sepharo wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 20:55:
One of the interesting things about Dead Island was the analog weapon swinging. I heard that Dying Light doesn't have that. Can anyone that has played both give an opinion on that?

It doesn't have it unfortunately, it was one of the things I really enjoyed about Dead Island. Someone was working on a mod but I'm not sure anything came of it yet. I still enjoyed the combat in Dying Light, the mixture of parkour, avoidance, melee and traps is really nice once you start getting into the "talent" trees.

This comment was edited on Mar 20, 2015, 12:37.

14. Re: Dying Light Killing It Mar 19, 2015, 13:53 Verno

PHJF wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 13:25:
The grapple hook is a late-game unlock which doesn't do anything but circumvent the "parkour", which was the single non derivative element of the game. The zombies look and act exactly as they do in Dead Island. The gunplay is exactly (totally half assed) as it is in Dead Island. The melee is exactly as it is in Dead Island. The crafting and loot is exactly as it is in Dead Island. The quests are exactly as they are in Dead Island, being almost entirely drawn from the fetch quest reject bin.

The world itself... is significantly more boring than that of Dead Island. Whereas the campaign of Dead Island is punctuated by abrupt changes in environment, the whole of Dying Light occurs in a dingy, ramshackle urban landscape.

Oh yeah? Well Destiny sucks and stuff.

Where's my beer? Someone stole my beer!

News Comments > More LucasArts Games on GOG.com
1. Re: More LucasArts Games on GOG.com Mar 19, 2015, 13:05 Verno

Outlaws, sweeeeet! Getting that game running properly was a bit of a pain for me last time I tried so great timing.  

11. Re: Dying Light Killing It Mar 19, 2015, 13:05 Verno

There are a lot of derivative elements in the game but I enjoyed Dying Light way more than Dead Island so I don't really care either way.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2015, 12:34 Verno

Just so everyone knows, I watched a John Oliver video on the NCAA the other night and I am now an expert  

News Comments > Newell on Half-Life
80. Re: Newell on Half-Life Mar 19, 2015, 09:34 Verno

Flatline wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 18:34:
Verno wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 16:57:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 16:42:
Apologies, don't feel like reading all the posts on this topic. I'm guessing someone must have already said this..

But what exactly has Valve been doing for the past 5 years?

Well they've worked on a lot of different things - TF2, Dota 2, Source 2 apparently, Portal 2, etc. Just not a lot in terms of singular output I guess. I'd really like to see L4D3 soon and I don't mind waiting for HL3. Anything with a 3 really haha.

It must be nice to be in their position but I have to admit that they really earned it.

TF2- Oh yes the hat thing.
DOTA2- Purchased the dev studio
Source2- Okay true they're pushing out a new engine.
Portal 2- Purchased the dev studio
L4D- Wasn't that a 3rd party dev studio they hired/purchased as well?

Haha whatever, you act like they just dropped some cash and shat out the game 3 months later. The reality is far different, Valve puts a ton of internal resources into projects including acquired ones. Besides this is just quibbling, they own it, their name on it, their product. People say they don't make anything, that's bullshit. They just aren't making what you want. Let's at least be honest about it.

Good to see you Dev and grats

61. Re: Newell on Half-Life Mar 18, 2015, 16:57 Verno

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 16:42:
Apologies, don't feel like reading all the posts on this topic. I'm guessing someone must have already said this..

But what exactly has Valve been doing for the past 5 years?

Well they've worked on a lot of different things - TF2, Dota 2, Source 2 apparently, Portal 2, etc. Just not a lot in terms of singular output I guess. I'd really like to see L4D3 soon and I don't mind waiting for HL3. Anything with a 3 really haha.

It must be nice to be in their position but I have to admit that they really earned it.

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Soars
111. Re: Cities: Skylines Soars Mar 18, 2015, 16:31 Verno

Creston wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 12:22:
Verno wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 09:54:
Ok after reading most of this thread for feedback I am totally picking this up, thanks for all of the info fellas

Welcome to the "BluesNews Shitty Mayors Club!" :D

Any beginner tips before I dive in tonight?

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2015, 14:50 Verno

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 14:33:
I tried watching Helix on Netflix because the description looked pretty awesome until I came to find out it's a SyFy series. In spite of that, I thought I would give it a shot since I like shows which deal with virology and confinement.

Pilot episode, okay, it's fine. It has the other Asian actor aside from Ken Watanabe who has a scheming face so I pretty much assumed he was the bad guy since that's how he's typecast in, well, everything. Painfully fast forward to five episodes later and I'm back to finish off Spartacus for the second time to act as brain bleach for ever giving something from SyFy a chance.

Agreed, Helix is pretty bad which is saying something for a SyFy show where my expectations were already low. I wish it was better executed, great premise and phenomenal set design but that's about where the good qualities end. Very poor performances from most of the actors and some of the worst writing I've seen in a TV show.

37. Re: Newell on Half-Life Mar 18, 2015, 13:09 Verno

Haha where's Dev anyway? He used to have a field day with this stuff.  

News Comments > Steam EU Refunds Now Available [Updated]
30. Re: Steam EU Refunds Now Available Mar 18, 2015, 11:34 Verno

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 11:24:
Goes back to Steam Support... Wow, EA has something better than Steam. To me that should be embarrassing enough to make it "all hands on deck!".

EA support got outsourced again so that previously good chat support service and etc is now annoying. Their policies are better but have fun dealing with people who just seem to repeat platitudes and give you the runaround.

16920 Comments. 846 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo