Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 17052 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records
16. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 16, 2015, 14:20 Verno

Great to see the PC version doing well and fairly happy with the port.  

Playing: The Witcher 3, Bloodborne, Secret of Mana
Watching: X-Files, Mad Men, Mad Max Fury Road
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2015, 11:18 Verno

Wake me up when its football time again

I can play baseball, its fun. I can't watch baseball, its really boring as anything other than background while I do something else.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
242. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 16, 2015, 10:56 Verno

After spending some time with it I've concluded the game is extremely CPU dependent, even a mild OC on my 2500k makes a massive difference in framerate while swapping GPUs had little effect on performance. It's a good port overall but it feels like it could still use some optimization to offload more to the GPU, mine doesn't even max utilization sometimes. Anyone who is looking to increase performance for this game is probably better off upgrading their CPU rather than their GPU.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
11. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 15, 2015, 14:25 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 14:19:
You're being snarky, but there's some truth there. DAs only take cases they think are a slam dunk.

The snark is for the DA and their laziness, something tells me they would be trying a lot harder if the victims were female. Oh well at least they got fired.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 15, 2015, 13:54 Verno

Java is a security nightmare responsible for a ridiculous number of intrusion vectors, anything that gets it away from end users is a good thing in my books. I think the only other thing I hate as much is Flash.  

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Sells 1M
25. Re: Cities: Skylines Sells 1M Apr 15, 2015, 13:52 Verno

Creston wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 12:05:
Verno wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 08:58:
Much like many games in my Steam list I bought but never played this due to other games

Bad Verno! BAD!

The release schedule is so bloated lately and free time in the evening is tough to find bro

I'm looking forward to Witcher 3 coming out and then things settling down for awhile. I have like 10 great games to play, including this one.

8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 15, 2015, 13:48 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 13:43:
@ Vern & Frags,

From the article:
Earlier this month a prosecutor from the Denver District Attorney’s Office was asked to review the case but she declined to press charges because there was no reasonable likelihood of conviction and no victim had been identified.

"Shit that would require effort!"

5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 15, 2015, 11:25 Verno

Yeah I'm surprised no criminal charges are mentioned. If they were groping women people would be going apeshit.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2015, 10:00 Verno

Opposite for me, the singleplayer in GTA V is really well done and I'm enjoying the heck out of it. The console version I played just didn't do it justice, feels like playing a long movie on the PC. I was really happy to see I can basically dial almost everything up with a 970 too, they did a great job on the port.  

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Sells 1M
19. Re: Cities: Skylines Sells 1M Apr 15, 2015, 08:58 Verno

Much like many games in my Steam list I bought but never played this due to other games  

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V
39. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 14, 2015, 15:37 Verno

I don't understand why they need to have me copy files to their folder for music. It would be just as easy to allow me to select which folder so I don't have to manually sort which tracks I want and clog up my C drive with files that don't need to be there.

It's badly designed but thankfully you can work around it pretty easily, just junction the UserMusic folder to the mp3 folder you want (google mklink or linkshellextension). I don't want to create 100 shortcuts or copy files over so thats what I did, works fine. IIRC for GTA IV they said its something due to the way they scan the files and make playlists for the game, looks about the same implementation here.

Got it installed an hour ago, port looks good so far, thanks to the people who preordered and provided reviews for others. The FOV slider doesn't go far enough for my liking but I'll look into adjusting the games config files.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 14, 2015, 10:42 Verno

I think they just kinda gave up on Destiny and have moved all significant development into the sequel.  

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Apr 14, 2015, 09:18 Verno

The Terminator trailer didn't look very good and seems destined for PG13, lots of flash cuts as impacts occur and etc. Makes for a very disjointed and annoying action film.  

206. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 14, 2015, 09:06 Verno

So what's the verdict on the port, worth picking up?  

201. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 14, 2015, 08:55 Verno

Xero wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 08:45:
Reading all your comments and looking forward to the day the PC finishes the download, lol.

I'm in a tussle where I don't leave my PC on while I'm at work because it pisses off the wife claiming electricity is being used/wasted with PC on and the time I have remaining before I hit the sack after work is probably a mere 2-3 hours.

Hopefully this game can be finished downloading before Friday at my rate, lol.

Unless you're running a Pentium 4 the amount of power your tower uses in a month is tiny compared to her using a hairdryer a few times a week.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 14, 2015, 08:52 Verno

BobBob wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 01:43:
Verno wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 15:16:
BobBob wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 14:58:
Verno wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 14:48:
I guess you never cared about your parents then.

That certainly is a mixed feeling having received food, shelter, education, and a lot of verbal-emotional abuse. Perhaps people that enjoy pets had a happy childhood. There might be a pattern or not.

Ironically I think you would enjoy owning a dog more than most, you should really consider it. They bring a lot of joy into your life and if you haven't had a great family upbringing then all the more so.

Maybe, I'll wait for a robot dog.

You can name him Skynet

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Will Be Ghostable; Free E-Book
23. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Will Be Ghostable; Free E-Book Apr 14, 2015, 08:36 Verno

nin wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 22:56:
Creston wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 22:50:
There's nothing that specifies that that is how you have to ghost.

No, there's not. You can define it any way you want.

You can do so but you would be wrong Have to go with Jerykk on this, ghosting means no trace stealth run.

News Comments > Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month
67. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 13, 2015, 15:54 Verno

Actually that's not what I said, you conveniently snipped out huge chunks:

I've seen plenty of kids playing and I think its great that this game is free and gives them that opportunity. Great business model here, reminds me of Dota 2 and I hope other games aspire to it. I don't even play D3 and I don't care what you think of it TBH. Not sure why you're so weird about this game and try to force your opinion on everyone else, I didn't even quote or reference you in any way.

That's what I said. It was never intended to be derogatory, maybe you have that intention when you make the same comment about other games as you frequently do but I didn't. I genuinely admire F2P business models without P2W and think they are wonderfully accessible to many demographics. And I conveniently linked one of many posts where you say similar things about other games so /shrug. People have their own opinions on games, its not a troll to say something you don't care for. You were the one who instigated this by the way, I didn't address you at all.

Now we can all be adults and agree to move on but I'm not going to let you spin a false narrative with fake quotes.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 13, 2015, 15:16 Verno

BobBob wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 14:58:
Verno wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 14:48:
I guess you never cared about your parents then.

That certainly is a mixed feeling having received food, shelter, education, and a lot of verbal-emotional abuse. Perhaps people that enjoy pets had a happy childhood. There might be a pattern or not.

Ironically I think you would enjoy owning a dog more than most, you should really consider it. They bring a lot of joy into your life and if you haven't had a great family upbringing then all the more so.

65. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 15:01 Verno

Silicon Avatar wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 14:58:
Soo..

I've never played any of these games, believe it or not.

Is the gist of it that it's a driving sim in a sandbox world where your goal is to steal cars and shoot other thugs?

It is really whatever you want it to be. Some people just race, some people thug it up, other people do the missions, some people just play sports, etc. It has a lengthy singleplayer campaign featuring 3 characters that you play as interchangeably as well, its very structured by comparison.

If you like sandbox games it is pretty much the ultimate sandbox game. Lots of attention to detail, pretty good AI with many routines, etc.

17052 Comments. 853 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo