Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 16297 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers
41. Re: WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers Nov 20, 2014, 13:20 Verno

Blizzard is really good at constantly reinventing themselves with this game. I won't go back since theres too many other games to play but I will always fondly remember my time with it and respect them for what they did with this.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition
112. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 20, 2014, 13:15 Verno

Archer is pretty fun and very viable damage wise. It doesn't do the single target damage of DW Rogue but it also doesn't have the risks of sitting in crazy AoEs and having weird positional hang ups. You also get elevation bonuses and you can pick up a lot of cool subterfuge talents to supplement. It feels a lot stronger and more fun than DA:O for sure. Not having to deal with the fucking tiny ass melee engagement ranges is a big bonus too. Plus it sorta makes up for tactical camera shortcomings, I can pick out ranged threats and deal with them while the melee is busy up front.  

107. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 20, 2014, 12:14 Verno

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 09:44:
Verno wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 09:41:
Oh and the minimap is totally pointless and might as well not exist in its current implementation. Thanks for pointing out my goal but not telling me that the 5 minute trek up the mountain I took was blocked by a boulder.
LOL!

Seriously I'm not kidding, it is almost blank with a large asterisk on it for your current quest and some indicators for mobs you've pinged. Very very lazy.

Thanks Nega, glad to hear Bioware at least is going to do something.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2014, 11:01 Verno

I didn't really take to Veep but I might have to check it out again for Hugh Laurie's performance.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy
11. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 10:12 Verno

Theo wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 09:34:
Ironically this the least appropriate way to go about it, people who backed early should be treated with more respect as it was a early promise.

Indeed. Oh well, I hope people learned a lesson here about Kickstarter projects in general. Likewise I hope Braben learned something about setting expectations and that such things might affect future performance in areas like Kickstarter.

103. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 20, 2014, 09:41 Verno

Oh and the minimap is totally pointless and might as well not exist in its current implementation. Thanks for pointing out my goal but not telling me that the 5 minute trek up the mountain I took was blocked by a boulder.  

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
314. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 20, 2014, 09:13 Verno

They could only get away with it once, hope they make it count.  

102. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 20, 2014, 08:34 Verno

Ok I spent more time last night tinkering with my setup and I kinda have it to a point where I'm not really happy about it but at least it isn't pissing me off either:

- Rebound A & D to strafe left right in both movement and tactical modes
- Bound control (pause) to mouse 4 using my mouse software, game doesnt support binding these buttons in 2014 (lol?)
- Swapped mouse buttons option (left to select, right to attack) thanks Creston this helped a lot. Unfortunately you also have to use left for camera control at that point so the RMB is useless
- Ditched my melee character and made a ranged rogue instead, way less aggravating due to the interface
- Pulled the camera as far out as it can go in tactical, this helps but ultimately still feels like you're right on top of everything by comparison to DA:O
- Bound autorun to mouse 5 so I don't have to hold W the entire time

Suggestions for improvements to Bioware

- Auto attack toggle
- Characters should close distance automatically within reason instead of whiffing
- Let users unbind the mouse button attack shit, I can't count the number times last night I went to adjust the camera and instead attacked a fucking door or something
- Click to move towards things
- Hire just one person to do a PC specific UI in the future. Seriously please. The inventory screens and etc are ridiculous.

I had a pretty good time last night despite still having some annoyances with the consolized and poorly thought out UI. Game itself is fantastic so far, its a shame that a lot of people are waiting out a patch due to the UI shit. Bioware really did good this time in everything else.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective
80. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 20, 2014, 08:26 Verno

If there is intent by publishers to condemn PC gamers then they need look no further than this thread for ammo.  

99. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 19, 2014, 15:11 Verno

The weird AI for companions and lack of tactics wouldn't be such a big deal if controlling your companions wasn't so annoying due to the interface problems. The PC control problems are not as simple as adjusting to differences IMO, there are a bunch of small things that keep adding up. I feel like this is a good game awaiting a patch to make it a great game, its a shame its being dragged down by easily foreseeable problems. I really have no idea how some of these made it through play testing.

I think I will give it a whirl with a gamepad later for kicks and see if its any easier because KB/M use is just frustrating for me right now. Too many missing quality of life things and weird design issues.

87. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 19, 2014, 13:03 Verno

Creston wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 12:54:
I'm pretty sure there's an option to "swap mouse buttons" in the options. I think that'd probably help with that issue?

Thanks I'll look for it later. This game is so frustrating because the game part of it seems genuinely good but the controls fucking suck. I hope I can come up with a happy medium or maybe I'll go play FC4 and see if they patch this.

83. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 19, 2014, 12:23 Verno

I haven't found a way to rebind the mouse controls yet sadly, they seem hard coded. Fucking frustrating as hell, who at Bioware decided that left click should just do basic attack always? Right click to select something is so fucking foreign and annoying. I can't think of a single other UI in any application or game where that is the case. Changing dumb shit for no reason just pisses people off.

It seems like a small thing but it does actively interfere with your shit in combat on a regular basis and just makes everything cumbersome.

@Creston, the search pulse yeah you can upgrade it and its bigger than its visual indicator but its still a poor mechanic that doesn't make a lot of sense and is just tedious to be honest.

77. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 19, 2014, 10:44 Verno

Played this for a bit last night, first impressions:

- bad story hook at beginning, too vague and sudden. I hear it redeems itself later on
- Tactical UI and general combat is very clunky at first. Don't be afraid to rebind the shit out of things because default controls are shit. Controls were clearly intended for consoles
- Tactical cam doesn't pull out far enough to be useful in many fights
- lack of any action queuing in tactical is annoying
- Lack of auto-attack toggle is a real problem
- Character doesn't close gap towards opponents to attack automatically. 2 inches too far away? He will stand there whiffing.
- No click to move for objects/loot etc.
- Can't rebind keys to mouse 4/5, will try to overcome this later
- Running around spamming V to search for objects gets old really fast considering the volume of shit in the world. Should just have perception stat like Wasteland 2 or something.

That's the bad, now for the good.

- Skill trees look full of solid & interesting choices
- Combat is quite challenging on Hard and above
- The world is massive and beautiful
- You can jump
- Lots of quests and stuff to do, some busywork but some good ones too
- Much better characterization and dialogue (so far at least)
- PC version so far very stable and performs great for me

So yeah all in all I'm pretty happy with it despite some minor annoyances and UI clunkiness. I hear it just gets better as it progresses too. I think once I'm used to the weird changes in camera/etc (that user who said it was the same as Origins flat out lied) I will be pretty happy with it. Having left click not select things in combat is just fucking weird though.

Oh and my SSD write stats were totally fine, I forgot to screenshot it last night but will try to remember tonight. This is one game you want an SSD for, the load times can be quite lengthy on a hard disk.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective
43. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 19, 2014, 08:52 Verno

Slashman wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 07:58:
Redmask wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 07:23:
You're not entitled to a demo of every product just because you want one. If the company wants to give you a demo, they will provide one. 'its a glorified expansion!' so why would you fucking pirate it then if its so worthless. Have an iota of fucking willpower and ignore their game if they don't do things like give you a demo, let reviewers talk about the game and take care of their products. It's like an even more pathetic version of a drug addict, constantly bitching about his dealer but always looking for the next hit.

I'm gonna have to +1 this...

Yep another +1 here. If you really must pirate shit then do it and be quiet about it. It doesn't impress anyone and comes off as juvenile when people brag about it. Better yet if you're so mad at the publisher then pretend it doesn't exist. It's a far more effective deterrent than even piracy. Any attention you give a game online pretty much gives it revenue these days.

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
10. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Nov 18, 2014, 15:32 Verno

Yeah that is strange, I wonder why they have 2 settings for the same thing. Oh well, glad it worked out, I'll apply it myself when I get home.  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer
47. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 15:14 Verno

Dacron wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 13:22:
I just find it amusing the ones trying to claim the moral high ground act like immature school kids. Perhaps they are?

Do you consider a developer or publishing employees feelings when you brag about stealing their hard work? When you start off with immaturity then you can't reasonably expect other people to take the high ground just to accommodate your feelings.

I don't even judge the action itself that much considering everyone has committed copyright infringement at some point but it's the lack of any introspection that I find distasteful.

You speak of moral high ground but ignore that you could just easily do whatever you want and avoid the whole situation by not bragging about it online, something that serves no purpose. I'm not sure its people taking a moral high ground so much as you're just willingly plumbing the depths so to speak.

This comment was edited on Nov 18, 2014, 15:33.

24. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 18, 2014, 14:59 Verno

siapnar wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 14:21:
NegaDeath wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 13:22:
Not Darks but I've got it maxed out here too and it's sublime. I have a 3570k CPU OC'd to 4Ghz and the MSI 4G 970
Nice, I've also got a 3570k OC'd to 4Ghz

I was thinking about getting the MSI 970 but my MSI 570 OC hasn't been all that stable.
Have you encountered any issues?

My MSI 970 4G is perfectly stable OC'd, in fact it still runs at lower temps/noise levels than the card it replaced. I can get mine way up to +150 core +500 mem stable. It is a fantastic card, I can't believe how quiet these things are even at load.

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
7. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Nov 18, 2014, 13:02 Verno

Haven't tested it yet but from a buddy:

C:Users\user name\Document\My Games\Far Cry 4\gamerprofile.xml

Change

MouseAcceleration="1"

to

MouseAcceleration="0"

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer
49. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 11:36 Verno

Creston wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 11:32:
Okay, I'm going to upgrade my graphics card for DA:I, because I want to see it at its most gorgeous.

Anyone have any experience playing this with Mantle? Is it worth getting a Radeon card, or should I just go with a 970?

Also, apologies for the 287 posts in a row.

Go with a 970 man, price to performance it can't be beat at the moment. I got the MSI but I hear good things about the Asus card as well.

Also for the SSD concerns I checked my drive usage in samsung magician before and after and didn't notice anything significant, assuming it was tracking it properly.

I would not trust Magician for anything to be honest, its a pretty poorly made application. The optimization section of it does some pretty dubious things and about the only reason I keep it installed is fast firmware updates. I have a full toolkit of SSD related stuff at home, I will check it out when I get the game and see what its doing in terms of writes. I'm not overly worried though thanks to firmware wear leveling implementations and whatnot.

News Comments > Forza Horizon 2 Listed for PC?
4. Re: Forza Horizon 2 Listed for PC? Nov 18, 2014, 11:15 Verno

Ahh ok, thanks for the info.  

16297 Comments. 815 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo