Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 16181 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 3, 2014, 09:31 Verno

Region free would be neat, I always enjoyed that about my DS and was puzzled when they went backwards with the 3DS.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Oct 31, 2014, 12:38 Verno

If we follow the logic that has been thrown around here then everyone must denounce that person otherwise they are a part of his hate agenda.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials - Watch Dogs Sells 9M
19. Re: Ubisoft Financials - Watch Dogs Sells 9M Oct 31, 2014, 12:15 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 03:15:
Dang. So much hate. I really enjoyed it. Being hacked and hacking other people online was some of the best gaming I have done in a while. Was similar to GTA type games with the sandbox and story. Was a nice change of pace for a game.

I think you mean criticism, I don't see a lot of hate. Most of the criticism is pretty fair too, the game was alright but definitely flawed. I had fun but amusingly it often felt unintended, like I was going against the design structures of the game or something. The multiplayer was well implemented though and definitely the high point of the game.

I have high hopes for the follow up, hopefully its an AC1 to AC2 type transition. A decent protagonist and a story that makes sense would be a big start.

News Comments > etc., etc.
38. Re: etc., etc. Oct 31, 2014, 12:08 Verno

Squirmer wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 01:26:
I'm just pointing out how everybody else sees you.

"Everybody" or you? I don't know of much awareness for this in my social circles but I would have no problem explaining my thoughts on it and I doubt it would make any waves or offend anyone. Gaming in general is more of a societal norm these days but its not exactly party discussion material anyway.

News Comments > Blizzard Perma-Bans Hearthstone Win-Traders
1. Re: Blizzard Perma-Bans Hearthstone Win-Traders Oct 31, 2014, 10:03 Verno

Seems kind of weird to temp ban botters but perma ban win traders. Unless they ended up permabanning botters after all, I never read any follow up on that.  

News Comments > Prey 2 Cancelled
1. Re: Prey 2 Cancelled Oct 31, 2014, 10:02 Verno

No surprise there, what a weird and troubled development cycle. Shame though, the last press videos from a year or two back looked really impressive.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Far Cry 4
23. Re: Gone Gold - Far Cry 4 Oct 31, 2014, 09:34 Verno

harlock wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 09:29:
Verno wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 08:55:
No one cares if you're going to pirate the game though. That's not like information we need or desire.

Maybe if we were on AOL in the year 1999, you could tell us all about it and we would be super impressed that you pirated a 3MB song or whatever Dizzy

I am totally going to buy the shit out of this game at its retail price point. Hug party everyone.

oh no! and i made that comment just for you!! now im crushed

My master plan is complete, I have hurt your feelings on the internet and you are wounded forever. Cry yourself to sleep sonny bahaha!

News Comments > etc., etc.
68. Re: etc., etc. Oct 31, 2014, 09:30 Verno

That's essentially been the problem from the beginning. They want to discuss these "problems" with the industry. Supposedly its misogyny and to voice their displeasure at how women are generally depicted in games but they don't want to hear anything to the contrary. When people start bringing up their problems with the points and arguments suddenly you're treated like a radical who is "attacking" them and lumped in with the random internet crazy who makes a death threat on twitter. Listen to us but we won't listen to you, doesn't seem like a discussion, seems like someone trying to dictate an agenda. Even when the discussion was strictly about Zoe Quinns interaction with the press at the very beginning, people were attempting a literal censorship campaign. Zoe herself even doxxed people and issued false DMCAs.

Ultimately it seems like the conversation can never be about anything that conflicts with or is inconvenient to the narrative they want to push on everyone.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
39. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 31, 2014, 09:05 Verno

I'm happy Tim feels comfortable enough to share it with the world but personally I don't care about his sexual orientation.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Far Cry 4
19. Re: Gone Gold - Far Cry 4 Oct 31, 2014, 08:55 Verno

No one cares if you're going to pirate the game though. That's not like information we need or desire.

Maybe if we were on AOL in the year 1999, you could tell us all about it and we would be super impressed that you pirated a 3MB song or whatever Dizzy

I am totally going to buy the shit out of this game at its retail price point. Hug party everyone.

News Comments > PC Valkyria Chronicles Includes DLC; Preorders Underway
1. Re: PC Valkyria Chronicles Includes DLC; Preorders Underway Oct 30, 2014, 15:14 Verno

It's a good game despite some overly rigid mission designs. The story is a bit simplistic but the themes are relatable enough. Glad to see it coming out on the PC, hopefully Sega doesn't mangle the port too badly.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Lord of the Hunt Announced
6. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Lord of the Hunt Announced Oct 30, 2014, 15:01 Verno

I didn't like this at first, it felt too easy but after giving it a second chance its really growing on me. The combat is very well implemented for sure. I keep meaning to do a story mission but get lost along the way, doing side stuff and getting into massive brawls.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
19. Re: Evening Patches Oct 30, 2014, 14:58 Verno

Darks wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 14:36:
As for me being negative, Yea, I have my share of it here. but I'm general I don't get involved in most conversation about the games unless I find the topic interesting or towards something I'm playing.

I cant however say the same thing about you and many other here. you guys, have something to say about everything.

You didn't quote Elf, you quoted Wetworks and Redmask. I agree that Elfs response is negative but you didn't quote him so I assumed your reply was directed at them.

Nah people comment on what they're interested in, sometimes its positive and sometimes it isn't. I only clicked on this thread for example because its Halloween and I was thinking of picking this game up. I like reading peoples impressions on videogames, good and bad.

17. Re: Evening Patches Oct 30, 2014, 14:23 Verno

Darks wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 14:07:
As usual Verno, you tend to try and make someone out as the bad guy. I don't even own this game nor do I care to, my comments were directed at those who were sitting here pissing and moaning about the games features. features the patch added. so if they had fucking read to god damn patch notes they would not have had to comment about features that were missing from the god damn game.

I didn't barge in here being all negative, that was you man. I don't think you're the "bad guy", I'm just saying chill out. Those people like the game and were just unhappy with one aspect of it. They were not bashing or hating on the game. Again if you read the thread, someone just asked "hows the game?" and people answered. Maybe they haven't played it since the patch or didn't go through 2 different age gates and scrolled halfway down a page to read the notes yet, its not an unforgivable offense or something sheesh. It doesn't sound like the patch actually fixes the problems that the letterboxes were effectively obscuring anyway. Just giving off the cuff impressions is kind of what people wanted.

But hey, its blues right, the place for all the pissers and moaners.

Blues is fine, its a cross section of the general internet. We all do some bitching on here from time to time, yourself included.

This comment was edited on Oct 30, 2014, 14:31.

13. Re: Evening Patches Oct 30, 2014, 13:18 Verno

Darks wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 12:07:
No excuse Verno, And yes I did read it. like I said, all they had to do before spouting off is read what the patch first before bashing the game. This is after all a thread about the patch and not the game itself.

I doubt you read it, if you did you would understand those people weren't bashing the game. Having a complaint about a single aspect (one that your post doesnt even fully address) is not "bashing". You live in this weird universe where if anyone says anything remotely perceived as negative about a game you play or like that they're "bashing" or "hating" it. Those people like the game, the other guy was the one bashing it. You can like a game and still not be happy with some aspects of it.

News Comments > Dragon Age Keep Open Demo
14. Re: Dragon Age Keep Open Demo Oct 30, 2014, 12:33 Verno

DA2 always seemed to crash on me during auto-saves, I remember that being a problem back when it was released. The Nvidia texture bug is still there years later too.

I think the worst part of DA:I is that there will be no SDK or modding tools. I have a pretty hefty mod pack for DA:O and a modest one for DA2.

I replayed DA2 like 7 months ago and that mass kill command was a godsend. So many useless waves of crap every fight, it was so boring.

News Comments > Dragon Age Keep Open Demo
10. Re: Dragon Age Keep Open Demo Oct 30, 2014, 11:49 Verno

Creston wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 11:20:
Considering Skyrim winds up in the top 3 of pretty much every "top 100 PC games of all time" list I see, and is likely the best selling PC RPG of all time, I don't thinking that emulating it a bit more is that bad of an idea.

I'm tempted to pre-order DA:I, solely for the fact that it'll let me preload. Without a preload I'm looking at a solid five days of downloading. On the flipside, I hate rewarding EA. It's a dilemma. I'll probably keep debating it right up until November 14th.

As far as the game is concerned, I have no worry about liking it. I loved DA:O, and I've even enjoyed DA2 enough to play through it twice, so I seriously doubt I wouldn't enjoy this one.

As far as the Dragon Age keep, it's in "open beta", but it's been tested for like the past year, so it's more of a "We call it a beta just in case something doesn't work", but it really is an actual release.

I'm still on the fence about the game in general, I'm definitely not preordering though. Waiting for the reviews the only thing I miss out is some meaningless preorder sword. The leaked achievement list was a bit disconcerting with things like 75 fade rift closings yeeeeesh, that sounds like it'll get even more repetitive and mind numbing than killing dragons in Skyrim. I'm more interested in the general quest quality, DA2 had seriously terrible quests. Just even looking at the Tapestry stuff on Keep for DA:O vs DA2 is pretty telling, the latter has a lot less choice and consequence. If the quests are more like DA:O then great, if not then I'm not sure I will bother with this.

DA2 doesn't sit fondly in my memory and even just looking at stuff on Keep last night I had to struggle to remember people and places because it was just so forgettable. The few things that do: that Aveline companion quest where you're on patrol. It's supposed to be this charming, amusing take on her awkwardness around this guy but they have you slaughtering dogs by the dozen while they make these terrified noises. There isn't a WTF smiley big enough for that. The end game railroading was not only one sided but insulting and that's without going into the Anders crap. I think the only thing I truly enjoyed in DA2 was the Qunari story.

DA:O had many flaws but it felt like a good, meaty RPG for a change. Lots of content you could otherwise gloss over, some deep side quests and many nuanced choices. I hope DA:I is a return to that kind of game.

News Comments > EA Financials; BF Hardline Delayed
8. Re: EA Financials; BF Hardline Delayed Oct 30, 2014, 09:21 Verno

Hardline just wasn't much fun. It's hard to reserve judgment of a beta when the core gameplay just doesn't grab you. I understand EA needs the revenue but they can do a lot better.  

8. Re: Evening Patches Oct 30, 2014, 09:00 Verno

Do you guys even read

Ironic because you didn't even read such a short thread so theres no need to be so unpleasant. They're the two people in this thread who are praising the game. Seemed like they were just listing a few minor complaints which is pretty reasonable. Maybe they just didn't have a chance to read the patch notes yet *gasp*.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera at $4.75M
6. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera at $4.75M Oct 29, 2014, 13:43 Verno

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 13:06:
Pillars of Eternity, Torment:Tides of Numenera. The money has been thrown at you, please turn out to be well done, (relatively) bug free games!

Also, Grim Dawn, please be finished in my lifetime, thanks.

Thus concludes the Kickstarter prayer.

Yeah I'm starting to get antsy about Grim Dawn, I know they're making progress but its taking so long.

16181 Comments. 810 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo