Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 16478 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 7, 2015, 13:16 Verno

Prez wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 13:05:
Sony actually considered just not releasing the movie at all, so anything is gravy at this point, right?

Nah they were always going to release it, just marketing talk so that they seemed sensitive to the 'threats'

Playing: DOTA2, Kerbal Space Program, The Wolf Among Us
Watching: Scorpion, Spaced, The Remaining
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
42. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2015, 12:36 Verno

Axis wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 11:42:
I won't waste time with those who are known to have no interest in debate or facts. I'm including you on the list.

Nonsense, that's all you've done here is waste time. Yours and ours. Replied over a dozen times and still haven't answered a single question. You keep making these childish, vague allusions to things that are supposed to be apparent but you can't seem to point to any. I am starting to suspect you can't because your actual opinion is "liberals bad!" and nothing else. Nothing wrong with that but next time say that instead of seemingly making things up.

For the 5th time:

Which decision there? What ideology of hers is the issue? Why is she not qualified for the job? Other posters asked for the same thing and you haven't responded to them either. Its your opinion, these things shouldn't be difficult to answer.

Instead of last word tripe and failing to be smarmy maybe just answer the question which is all anyone wanted. You could've avoided all of this by just saying "oh because of this and this and because she thinks this way as this example shows". Sheesh.

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2015, 12:42.

35. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2015, 11:06 Verno

Axis wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 11:00:

So in conclusion, I posted a single fact -- a single relevant fact, well before you stated I had not.

That is all, I move on. Feel free to continue attempting to sway the folks who read only the last post that you were right. That is something I never feel compelled to do.

This is seriously childish, what is wrong with you? I read your link in detail twice. Which decision there? What ideology of hers is the issue? Why is she not qualified for the job? Other posters asked for the same thing and you haven't responded to them either. Its your opinion, these things shouldn't be difficult to answer.

32. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2015, 10:51 Verno

Axis wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 10:42:
I stated TWICE already Verno that I humored you and linked your "proof" of her voting record. Your problem is you cannot comprehend or don't bother to read.

You've tried this nonsense with other posters in other topics, I am not buying it. I've read both your link and many others on the subject, I comprehend them just fine. The problem is not other people, its that you can't seem to point to anything to support your assertion. You came to the opinion so this stuff should not be difficult to answer. The transparent crap about "not worth the time" isn't fooling anyone, you're here wasting time writing responses as it is so might as well just post it already.

So again, what ideology of hers so offends you and how has it influenced a few of her decisions? What lead you to believe this? Something she said, something she wrote, etc? Why is she not qualified to hold her job?

Stop getting your back up and actually engage for a change.

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2015, 10:57.

29. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2015, 10:40 Verno

That's childish nonsense. It's not "prove it", its "you said this, so what made you think this?". You can't seem to post a single relevant fact to support what you said, not one. You can't point to what specific political ideology of hers is the issue either. You like being vague because then you can try to dodge it with the transparent "well duh its there you just arent seeing it" crap that is fooling no one.

Your assumption that others haven't read up on it is flawed as well, people are just trying to see how you reached that conclusion but its becoming apparent that its just your own bias coming to the forefront.

27. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2015, 10:18 Verno

Yeah no, you don't get to play the "use google do research" card when you made the assertion and have failed to backup your opinion. You made the claim, you get to back it up, its not on anyone else to support your opinion for you. That's an obvious attempt to dodge the issue.

People weren't asking for anything comprehensive here, you failed to provide even a single fact to support your statement. If you don't want to then whatever, fair enough but don't act indignant or surprised if people assume you're full of shit. All I'm getting from this so far is "I dont like liberals" which is ironically as close minded and politically motivated as the criticism against her. There are plenty of liberals I don't like but that doesn't make them bad at their jobs.

So I ask again:

Kagan has been the wrong person for the job -- she is hardcore in her liberal ideology which takes precedence to her interpretation of the law. She is by far the least qualified ever to be appointed, and appears to me to be outright dumb in many areas.

What decisions have rankled you here? A sampling is fine. How have her specific political beliefs (which ones) affected those decisions? Why is she "least qualified", which metrics are you referring to?

I genuinely have an open mind in this area and I've read several of decisions already and I'm not seeing anything big here so feel free to point it out.

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2015, 10:32.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2015, 09:52 Verno

That was ridiculous, he hits his assistant in the fucking eye at one point. Kid is lucky to be alive. You couldn't pay me enough to stand in front of a knife thrower who needs glasses.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 7, 2015, 09:50 Verno

Wireless charging is great, my Nexus 4 has it but I don't like the trend of less data ports and more reliance on online servers for storage.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 7, 2015, 09:03 Verno

PropheT wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 01:26:
Beamer wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 18:58:
Is Cutter an SJW when he endlessly pisses and moans about Apple and its treatment of employees?

He kind of has a point about this, though. At every tech job I've worked at it's been around 80% white men because white men make up 80%+ of the people who apply for those jobs. The last place I worked was hiring people who weren't white guys just to hit the right diversity stats, and we wound up with people who had no experience and no background for the work sitting next to us as result.

Obviously that's only anecdotal evidence, but it seems to me that there's a bigger problem with educational diversity creating barriers to technical fields than problems with technical companies not hiring more diverse workers.

This happens to us at work here. We have an Indian branch of the company that has no idea what its doing, we're held back by them on projects and the little work they do put out is substandard so we're forced to work overtime to redo it. This is only possible because of some bullshit tax breaks and a few Indian executives who seem to play favorites with that branch.

This weird forced diversity in the workplace can kiss my ass, you should be evaluated based on your merits, education and personality. The color of your skin is not a meaningful fucking job metric.

News Comments > Dirty Bomb Closed Beta Begins
13. Re: Dirty Bomb Closed Beta Begins Jan 7, 2015, 08:59 Verno

Looks like a pretty generic shootmans game, they need some sort of feature to stand out in a crowd but I'm not seeing one.  

25. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2015, 08:54 Verno

Still waiting to hear about all of these cases where her liberal ideology was detrimental. Bueller?

There are plenty of liberals I don't like but that doesn't mean they're bad at their jobs.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Film Dated
9. Re: Assassin's Creed Film Dated Jan 6, 2015, 16:02 Verno

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 15:25:
Verno wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 14:23:
Michael Fassbender usually doesn't attach himself to shit so maybe there is some hope for this.

Prometheus
Jonah Hex
Centurion
Hex
The Counselor

Those were all mediocre (Prometheus) to absolute dogshit (Jonah Hex).

Touche

11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 6, 2015, 15:03 Verno

Axis wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 14:46:
Kagan has been the wrong person for the job -- she is hardcore in her liberal ideology which takes precedence to her interpretation of the law. She is by far the least qualified ever to be appointed, and appears to me to be outright dumb in many areas.

Which specific decisions is she doing this in? I have an open mind in this area but data is better than opinion.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Film Dated
5. Re: Assassin's Creed Film Dated Jan 6, 2015, 14:23 Verno

Michael Fassbender usually doesn't attach himself to shit so maybe there is some hope for this.  

News Comments > $500 Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition Announced
15. Re: $500 Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition Announced Jan 6, 2015, 13:22 Verno

NKD wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 12:49:
I use a headphone amp and DAC from Schiit Audio. Way better than any of this Creative garbage.

Yeah same, once I got a headphone amp I was pretty much set. I liked the Asus soundcards for their affordability but the driver support is pretty threadbare.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 6, 2015, 12:32 Verno

Its probably from something silly like a drawer or rolling pin.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 6, 2015, 11:14 Verno

This is a big deal, $20 for sports is still less than I would pay on a cable provider.  

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 6, 2015, 11:07 Verno

Axis wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 10:10:
Kagan has never had any business being in the supreme court -- what an embarrassment.

Pourquoi? Her credentials seem exemplary and (short) voting record seem fine to me.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 6, 2015, 10:02 Verno

ldonyo wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 09:46:
A $1200 Walkman is exactly why Sony is losing money faster than their networks get hacked.

I don't know, this sort of thing would have an extremely limited production run and a really high profit margin thanks to it being an audiophile gouging product. Their TV unit on the other hand loses money hand over fist. Sony makes pretty good hardware but they don't have the brand cachet that they did in the 80s and 90s. Quite often their products are selling at large premiums over competitors and its rarely warranted.

News Comments > Big Bad Wolf Boasts RPG Vets
6. Re: Big Bad Wolf Boasts RPG Vets Jan 6, 2015, 08:47 Verno

Oh boy more moral quandaries haha. I can't wait to decide if I'm doing GOOD THING, BAD THING or being NEUTRAL.  

16478 Comments. 824 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo