Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 15506 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Change Plans
8. Re: Battlefield Hardline Change Plans Jul 2, 2014, 23:14 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 20:24:
Check out WarFace ya slugs! It is free and co-op is pushed. You can lift eachother over walls and onto high platforms like Army of Two games.

Gotta be blunt man, that game looks really boring.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > ShootMania Roadmap
17. Re: ShootMania Roadmap Jul 2, 2014, 23:08 Verno

Axis wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 16:40:
I will not list my posts or emails in an effort to appease your supposed interest. I'd love to think you were trying to be helpful, but I know better.

I never said I was trying to be helpful dude, that was you. I was just asking to see some rationale or detail to flesh out what you posted. People ask each other that all the time on here, I have no problem explaining my opinions *shrug*. Pretty reasonable request given that you weren't exactly detailed earlier. If you can't explain then I think most people get the picture.

14. Re: ShootMania Roadmap Jul 2, 2014, 15:59 Verno

Axis wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 15:15:
It's exactly what I stated - reasons the game is crap -- a result of blowhard marketing and poor development -- a warning for people not to spend money on a game that doesnt care.

You said you gave meaningful feedback to the developer and received little in response, I am just asking for a few examples to read. I'm more interested in reading the details rather than the opinion/emotion side of it which seems to be what you said here. I don't see the problem, I'm genuinely interested in reading about the games issues and I'm willing to do the reading myself, just need the links to the posts or profile you used on their forums. I'm not challenging anything you said, just wanting to see the context from both sides which is pretty reasonable. This isn't personal, if Creston had posted the same thing in this thread I would have still asked

I provide info and context for my opinions on here all the time, you're always free to ask and I will do my best to answer

This comment was edited on Jul 2, 2014, 16:22.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin
41. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin Jul 2, 2014, 11:30 Verno

InBlack wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 06:20:
Ok got the game yesterday. Wow its been a while since Ive been thrown in the deep end of the pool, so to speak.

There are just a TON of options in the game, and the interface aint helping none.

Just had time to create a pair of characters ranger/mage and had one fight so far which I lost like a goddamn noob that I am.

So, anyone know of a good tutorial video or page or anything which I can access to try and get to grips with the game rules/interface??

Turn the difficulty down to Normal if you're having that hard of a time. Yes the interface in this is complete balls and so is the camera. Rest of it is pretty aces though, I'm having a good time. The tutorial dungeon is good for basics but there is a wealth of other unexplained crap in the game that you need to figure out on your own or by reading the digital manual.

News Comments > WildStar Updated
15. Re: WildStar Updated Jul 2, 2014, 10:18 Verno

Agreed, you can't boil entertainment down to a ratio. I do like to choose games with replay value just to make my dollar go a bit further now that I'm older but I would will drop $50 on a title that only offers 5 hours as long as its very memorable and fun.  

7. Re: ShootMania Roadmap Jul 2, 2014, 10:10 Verno

Axis wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 09:44:
They are points made after hours and hours of playing and posting "constructive" posts (that were largely ignored) and talking with the small community over a period of months.

Can you link some of your constructive posts about the game for the rest of us to read? The below doesn't give people much to work with, its just venting.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2014, 10:07 Verno

Didn't watch the game, you're all speaking Greek to me  

4. Re: ShootMania Roadmap Jul 2, 2014, 09:23 Verno

To be fair none of that is particularly constructive nor does it suggest improvements so if that's what people are offering then I'm not sure how the devs are supposed to improve anything.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 2, 2014, 09:19 Verno

Hahaha Iwata is hilarious, his approval increases despite worse company performance. Oh well good on him I guess. I just hope MK8 is enough to turn around the Wii Us fortunes.  

News Comments > Age of Empires Online Goes Offline
3. Re: Age of Empires Online Goes Offline Jul 2, 2014, 09:18 Verno

Damned shame to see this previously very popular and profitable franchise run into the ground.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 30, 2014, 10:54 Verno

They just erred on specs and pricing more than anything else. The proprietary memory was unnecessary, they could have shored up their security model with a customized filesystem and encryption. They decided to profit on memory and you can't do that when your base system has a high price.  

News Comments > Minecraft Passes 50M Units Sold
57. Re: Minecraft Passes 50M Units Sold Jun 30, 2014, 10:52 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 16:48:
Dagnamit wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 15:06:
Cutter wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 13:46:
Dagnamit wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 11:33:
C'mon Cuts, your Minecraft hate only comes across as jealousy. Also, there's no such thing as an in-crowd.

And everything else you have to say is invalid after that statement.

you just don't offer any valid criticism of the game other than saying its a bandwagon affair. Newsflash, most popular things start off as a bandwagon, but Minecraft has absolutely transcended all boundaries. Like I said, (you read it) it's a cultural phenomenon. It reaches almost everyone now. This in-crowd of which you speak, is almost everyone but you. the "in-crowd" is just phrase used to disparage something.

Clearly you don't understand a thing about sociology. You can do a doctorate on the topic if you like but I'll keep it simple.

"What is a cultural phenomenom?

A cultural phenomenon, also known as the bandwagon effect, occurs when certain individuals behave a certain way merely because other individuals do as well. An example of a cultural phenomenon is the trend of sending flowers on Valentine's Day.

Hahahaha what are you, 13 years old? I can't like this game because other people do! Wow so edgy and unique!

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation Early Access Spotted at Retail
10. Re: Planetary Annihilation Early Access Spotted at Retail Jun 30, 2014, 10:49 Verno

Blackhawk wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 10:23:
Unless they are actively trying to deceive people into thinking it is a finished product, I don't see what the big deal is.

I don't know, generally speaking when I'm shopping in a retail store I expect every product to be "finished". Even assembly required products have an expectation of functionality. Something like this just seems off. As Creston mentions who is the audience here? It seems like this is intended for casual/impulse sales at Walmart or something.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 30, 2014, 10:42 Verno

Yeah I have to admit I'm very skeptical, it sounds like MOBA-lite and that doesn't sound like much fun beyond a few hours. No items, no gold, no stakes.

I like the concept of 15 minute games but I feel like you lose the draw of MOBA games once you start cutting out the few things that give them depth.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2014, 14:01 Verno

That onion link is good, I liked this one. Totally true, even best friends and worst enemies will work together when its pizza topping decision time.  

35. Re: Minecraft Passes 50M Units Sold Jun 26, 2014, 13:47 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 13:46:
And everything else you have to say is invalid after that statement.

...errr because? Where is this Minecraft In-Crowd exactly? It's a pretty big number for what's supposed to be an in crowd and they seem to comprise almost all ages, genders and ethnicities.

I get that you think Minecraft is a lucky hit and I dont necessarily disagree with that fully but saying that its just an in crowd thing has no basis in reality. A huge factor in its success has been its accessibility to pretty much anyone regardless of how technically inclined, what age or gender they are and so on.

25. Re: Minecraft Passes 50M Units Sold Jun 26, 2014, 11:17 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 11:12:
Minecraft is simply something people have to have to be part of the in-crowd.

Not really. Minecraft is pretty low tech and isn't very good at teaching its mechanics to the player. It's not really the kind of product that makes people want to keep up with the jones. Its more that it lets people easily tap into their creative side (even someone like me who cant draw stick people well) and share it with others. It is one of those games that most people can find something enjoyable to do in due to its relatively freeform structure.

Luck played a part in its success just like anything else but I mean fundamentally its not difficult to see why its so popular. The first few years were very exciting too, Notch was updating quickly and was very responsive to the community. Since then the modding community has really taken over and in many ways Minecraft is a game built a bit by everyone.

News Comments > Titanfall Patch Incoming
10. Re: Titanfall Patch Incoming Jun 26, 2014, 11:15 Verno

Yeah matchmaking on PCs sucks, community run servers are great and once people find some good favorites and you get to know others you have an awesome time.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2014, 10:33 Verno

Jivaro wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 09:58:
Verno..I see Banner Saga in your playlist. My backlog is crazy but i was thinking about picking it (and Blackguards) up. What do you think of it so far?

I finished it last night, its pretty good. It almost feels like a low budget Studio Ghibli movie mixed up with Final Fantasy Tactics. It is ball pounding hard though on the higher difficulty though. The norse mythology style is really fun and the story is surprisingly engrossing. There is a lot of divergence in characters and plots depending on decisions you make but its rarely played out in a ham fisted way like Mass Effect. I wish the combat system and enemy variety went a little deeper but there is a solid foundation there for the future games. There is some replay value there as well, I'm going to do another run after I go through Dark Souls 2.

3. Re: Minecraft Passes 50M Units Sold Jun 26, 2014, 09:45 Verno

I think its pretty remarkable its taken off considering how haphazard development was.  

15506 Comments. 776 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo