Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 15993 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Online Open Beta & Launch Next Month
12. Re: F.E.A.R. Online Open Beta & Launch Next Month Sep 30, 2014, 08:25 Verno

The F2P sequel that no one wanted  

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 29, 2014, 16:01 Verno

nutshell42 wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 14:56:
This attitude is the reason corporations have turned into Big Brother. People like think nothing about buying Intel E's with SLI but god forbid they have to shell out $100 every 6 years or so for an OS.

I don't know how you got that from his reply. I have no problem shelling out some money for a significant upgrade but when its questionable that's a different story.

News Comments > Visceral: Battlefield Hardline "Will Work"
23. Re: Visceral: Battlefield Hardline Sep 29, 2014, 15:52 Verno

Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 15:42:

You mean other than tons of people who couldn't even connect to the servers? If you don't know how Google works, I ain't gonna waste my time trying to explain.

Hahaha yeah. BF4 had a laundry list of spectacular bugs, I remember a bunch of maps would just outright crash many users (something they fixed then broke again later), at launch I wasn't even able to play for at least a week due to constant server problems, the client was riddled with odd crashes and problems, the list goes on. It's known as a buggy fucking mess for a reason, EA has literally apologized for it on a few occasions, got shit from their shareholders and theres still some weird guy pretending it never happened. It's come a long way since then but the launch period was awful.

Hell that's without even going into what a clusterfuck the console versions were too.

There QA isn't the problem, it's management as always. At EA it simply comes down to a ship date regardless of how many bugs are left. They don't care about the volume of bugs, only crash bugs. So long as it's stable-ish then 'ship that fucker' is there motto!

Yep exactly. People blame the QA guys but they find tons of shit that gets ignored. EA will ship a game no matter what when it comes to their mainline shit, look at the missing features in the sports games or hell, any BF launch.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2014, 14:36 Verno

The sink handle was loose and bothering the woman so I took a look. I get it apart and of course Moen used some cheap piece of plastic to handle all of the pressure internally, defective by design and incredibly obvious. The gasket looked like a cheap piece of crap too. Everything is planned obsolescence these days, it has its pros and cons but some stuff I just don't ever want to fuck with like a sink. I would rather pay way too much so I don't have to worry about it but these companies now make bank on the replacement parts so screw you consumer I guess.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2014, 14:34 Verno

BSG was always kinda all over the place though, you would go through a few great episodes then find something like Black Market lurking around the corner.

I agree that the last season kinda went off the rails but with all of the plot resolution needed it was almost understandable. I actually didn't even mind the ending, there have been much worse offenders (Lost).

News Comments > Steam Top 10
36. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 29, 2014, 12:51 Verno

I had to decompile the executable just to edit the stupidly long skill use times. Then after an hour of doing that I found out someone else had already done it first  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 29, 2014, 12:48 Verno

Kudos to Microsoft, that's unexpected and welcome.

Edit: Wait, article says Microsoft Indonesia. Let's wait til MS America confirms it.

News Comments > Visceral: Battlefield Hardline "Will Work"
7. Re: Visceral: Battlefield Hardline Sep 29, 2014, 11:39 Verno

pagb wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 10:43:
Well despite not liking the game at all after playing the beta, I must admit it felt polished for a beta.

Agreed, the core gameplay didn't grab me but the beta itself was very well done and I didn't see any of the usual glaring Battlefield bugs.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2014, 10:43 Verno

Nah I think plenty of shows start off with a bang, in fact I'd say too many shows go on longer than they need to. 3-4 seasons is about the magic quality number for most shows before the writers start running out of ideas. Unfortunately many go for 5+ because its usually a good syndication selling point.

Very few shows like Breaking Bad and Boardwalk Empire which buck the trends.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2014, 09:50 Verno

Boardwalk Empire has just gotten better as its gone on and I'm glad HBO has stuck with it. No one I know seems to watch it sadly, we do a weekly TV thing and no one ever requests it. There's no accounting for taste.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
30. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 29, 2014, 09:17 Verno

I've found ARs just outpace everything else to the point of absurdity. I found a few shotguns then modded them with full choke, those were alright but nothing like the average triburst death machine AR. Energy Weps are great against armor and I use a few as secondaries. I have my main guy as a sniper just for picking off their snipers. I keep my medic as a melee dude since hes always rushing around healing people and he is pretty solid too.

I've actually gone 10 int on most of my characters, 4 str/spd seems to be all you need for awhile. Luck and charisma are my dump stats, I just have no use for them. The most important thing is just having Combat Initiative at 12+, any lower than 12 and everybody else acts first which is really really bad for you.

The combat is a bit simplistic and the early game is very combat heavy so it feels like a worse version of Fallout Tactics. It takes awhile for the game to get to the better parts but it is a very good game overall.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans
40. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans Sep 26, 2014, 15:02 Verno

PHJF wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 14:02:
As to Dark Souls 2 combat, I don't see that fitting a mass appeal that these games have. DS2 has fantastic combat, but it would dramatically slow down the pace of the game and reduce the number of enemies one can face at any time to just a couple.

They don't need to go THAT far, but the whole "get surrounded by enemies, of which only one attacks at a time, and you can instantly counter attack regardless of character direction" thing is just a bit much. I can sort of understand it from Batman because he's a god damn super hero, but here it just looks jarring.

Unfortunately many of these games don't have the AI to pull off interesting combat scenarios. All they can really do is throw masses of enemies together at you and that just ends up frustrating people so instead you get the AC style combat.

Arkham games were a nice of both styles IMO.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Trailer
22. Re: The Witcher 3 Trailer Sep 26, 2014, 13:54 Verno

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 13:51:
I know you weren't agreeing. I used your argumen to make my point, which is that he doesn't seem to actually play -- just talk.

Who cares? It's a discussion forum, if you want to watch people play then go to Youtube or Twitch. I play tons of game I never discuss on here and I'm sure many others do.

It could not possibly matter less if he talks about games (you're wrong, I've seen him talk about them BTW) or not.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Trailer
20. Re: The Witcher 3 Trailer Sep 26, 2014, 13:42 Verno

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 12:07:
Indeed. You actually play them and talk about them. The thing is that I never read anything substential from nin about a game that indicates he's actually played it, and then he says stuff like "I can't wait for The Witcher 3 to ship, so they can start talking about Cyberpunk!" We should all be very surprised if he had instead said the more logical thing in this thread

I wasn't agreeing with you and he doesn't need to write up his experiences or something if he doesn't want to. I'm sure if he needs another parent he knows how to contact you though

The things people choose to care about, hahah.

Getting back to The Witcher 3, I've been really impressed the open world presentation and depth but I still find the combat looks pretty ho-hum. Maybe it was just the video I was watching but hit registration still looked off and the combat itself didn't seem very engaging.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
6. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 26, 2014, 13:04 Verno

#GateCrasher  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
60. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 26, 2014, 11:53 Verno

Nah it's really pointless but I had to make the....point  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 26, 2014, 11:43 Verno

#ComplaintGate  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
58. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 26, 2014, 11:34 Verno

UHD wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 09:56:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 09:00:
Considering occupy was gutted from within by sjw's, and GG is refusing to let them control the narrative perhaps you're just reading into it far too much.

I love how SJWs are your bogeymen. They're everywhere, man, crawling out of the woodwork while you play DotA2 and disturbing your video game time. You can't get five minutes' peace without some SJW breaking into your house to call you a manhater. Seriously, the nerve!

Yes and the "GamerGate" folk are just out in force, harassing and raping women. Pretty soon they won't be able to vote again!

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans
6. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans Sep 26, 2014, 10:22 Verno

Darks wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 10:19:
Holy shit, 6GB of VRam! My card "GTX 970 SC" only has 4GB. WTF!

I just got this card too. I pre ordered this game on GMG had 15 dollar credit and used the coupon got the game for 30 bucks.

Cant wait to play this one, glad to see the reviews are panning out.

I wouldn't sweat the requirements too much, they're often inaccurate. I've seen minimums that are absurd and high end specs that the game didn't warrant at all.

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Sep 26, 2014, 10:05 Verno

They met and had kids before the accident unless I'm reading the article wrong.  

15993 Comments. 800 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo