Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 15513 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 8, 2014, 08:44 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 21:26:
Gamestop - one of the main reasons I'll never own another console.

Gamestop sucks but that doesn't make sense, there are a ton of other places to buy console games.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
15. Re: Xbox One: Microsoft Jul 8, 2014, 08:38 Verno

Axis wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 20:25:
Man does destiny look to be a shallow mess. Also reminds me of that very worn-out IP... and no, not that one you think about when you see "Bungie"...

The weird thing about Destiny is that it looks boring from the outside, I had the same attitude before the alpha. Game didn't really interest me and I only grabbed the alpha on a lark. The alpha really turned me around though. It is probably the only console FPS I've ever enjoyed and even though many elements of it are derivative, they've managed to combine it all into an enjoyable package.

So yeah, Destiny is actually pretty decent.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 7, 2014, 14:20 Verno

Hmmm. My FireTV uses like 4W of power, my PS4 uses between 75W to 100W just for Netflix. Hell my PS4 uses more power in sleep mode (about 6-10W) than my FireTV does in playback haha. Neither console is really good about content playback outside of their respective storefronts and closed app stores either.

Plex is great but the PS4 makes a crappy client to use for plex streaming IMO. The Plex web player can be a bit spotty sometimes too, better off with a native Plex app in something like the Roku, FireTV or etc.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2014, 10:29 Verno

Cutter wrote on Jul 6, 2014, 12:38:
Ars and their ridiculous clickbait articles. They're as bad or worse than sites like Kotaku and Boing Boing sometimes. Rolleyes

Still angry about being banned?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
20. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 7, 2014, 09:22 Verno

OpticNerve wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 07:11:
Just to let everyone know, you'll eventually find a way to reroll characters in-game for a cheap cost. The only downside is that you lose the spells/skills that you've learnt and have to get/buy those books again.

The problem with that is how terrible the book system is. Vendors only reroll their stock of books on level up and you aren't guaranteed to see the book you want. There are a lot of little oddities like that in the game which make you wonder what they were thinking. Why do party members have individual gold stocks by the way? I mean I get throwback stuff but some modern design concessions make sense and save the player having to do tedious crap. Speaking of tedious, the inventory and crafting systems are comically bad. When I have the inventory open and I select a different character it should open that characters inventory.

I like the game a lot but it has a lot of design flaws as well, I hope mods can alleviate some of them. Gonna take a look at the editor this weekend. Larian really needs to hire some new UI people, this has been a constant problem that has dogged their games over the years.

The actual combat difficulty is more related to being outnumbered constantly than anything else, the AI is actually very bad. Where the game is more intelligent is puzzle solving and the ability to improvise solutions.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 7, 2014, 09:05 Verno

I don't know, Sunset Overdrive looks like a middle management executives culture relevance test. Energy drinks, zombies, shallow open world, all of the things those durned kids love these days! They did a good job on the palette but it looks pretty boring.  

News Comments > Age of Empires Online Goes Offline
31. Re: Age of Empires Online Goes Offline Jul 3, 2014, 13:57 Verno

Reagle finally got the boot eh?  

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jul 3, 2014, 13:39 Verno

Early update so you can get to the grill and family stuff? Happy 4th Blue  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
10. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 3, 2014, 12:23 Verno

descender wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 12:21:
Maybe it's gotten better? I was in a closed beta a loooong time ago and was completely thrown for a loop when I was being told I didn't know how to play a game that only like 100 people could have been playing at the time. I did really enjoy the perspective change, maybe i'll check it out again.

Yeah I guess once it expanded out from the diehards. I played with 3 friends who are awesome people but terrible gamers and they loved it. I found the sportsmanship for lack of a better word to be very good.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2014, 12:12 Verno

I think for the younger generations who haven't seen the birth and death of major technologies before that comment is definitely true. You take away the smartphone from my nieces and they are downright depressed, they just sit there listlessly as if they don't know how to socialize outside of it. It's kind of scary how dependent people are on them.

I love my smartphone for the little tools and convenience it provides but I go without it all the time and never feel like I'm missing out. It pisses off my girlfriend who accuses me of ignoring texts but hey whatever, that shit isn't life or death. People are way too high strung with phones, theres no immediacy, if its not an emergency it can wait until its convenient for you. I swear most people treat text messages like email with read receipts, another thing I dislike.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 3, 2014, 12:10 Verno

descender wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 11:17:
That many people really play Smite?!

I thought it was a great change of pace for the MOBA genre, but it had the same toxic community problems the others suffer from (in a BETA, who is a powergaming dickhead in a BETA?!).

I don't know, Smite is the one MOBA where I never had a negative experience at all. Its pretty beginner friendly so it seems to attract a lot of community minded people. I didn't get that into it because played one, played them all I find but my overall experience was positive.

News Comments > Transformers Universe Beta Opens Tomorrow
4. Re: Transformers Universe Beta Opens Tomorrow Jul 3, 2014, 12:05 Verno

Hmm well looking at the gameplay trailer it looks like a mix between a MOBA/Arena game and an MMO, there seems to be some persistent elements. Maybe someone in the CB can comment.  

News Comments > ShootMania Roadmap
29. Re: ShootMania Roadmap Jul 3, 2014, 11:52 Verno

Axis wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 11:30:
Yes descender, thanks for confirming my points.

Beamer, Verno, descender and redmask... where the hell is nin that vasoline needs cracked open!!

There's no conspiracy against you or something dude, that's just getting into uh.. weird territory to be frank. I've shrugged off all of your lashing out and just focused on the same thing from the beginning. I'm not sure where the victim complex is coming from because I don't think I was particularly confrontational or anything. People ask me all the time why I posted something. You took something pretty innocent and got all worked up over nothing. We've had disagreements in previous threads but you're also forgetting the times we've agreed. Plus to be fair when you post an opinion publicly you have to be prepared to support it or people are likely to dismiss it.

Developers ignoring feedback is something that peeves me so I was interested in reading what you said to the devs, why you said it and how they responded. I certainly wasn't looking for this unpleasantness. Anyways whatever, let's all just move on shall we? No need for this pile on and other nonsense.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2014, 11:10 Verno

Blue wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 10:56:
Neither of our dogs ever begged, because they never got enough reinforcement to suggest it would do anything. Hudson the wonder dog did show some signature terrier independence by stealing food left within her reach on the coffee table if left alone, but I could leave the Gunnar-man alone with a steak on that table and he wouldn't touch it because he knows it's not for him. In fairness, it's a lot easier to achieve this state with an Airedale and a poodle... I understand how tough it can be for owners of food-oriented dogs like labs and beagles, but still, no one is forcing you to feed them.

And owners who don't walk their dogs shouldn't have them.

Yeah I should rephrase that, my dogs have been mainly black labs. We did have a yorkie poo who never begged at all, very well behaved with food that wasn't hers.

I've offered to my cousin to take her dog but of course bad pet owners are always the ones who get their backs up when you suggest they shouldn't have it. She just throws it in the backyard to shit once in awhile and then drops it off at doggie day care (seriously) on the way to work. I can't call the local humane society or report it to the SPCA though because technically its not the legal definition of abuse which infuriates me as a dog lover.

News Comments > ShootMania Roadmap
24. Re: ShootMania Roadmap Jul 3, 2014, 10:59 Verno

Axis wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 10:42:
Hey Verno, can't admit that 2 of my points were independently agreed upon right here in the thread?

My "spelling out" didn't point you into the right direction?

Then that leaves three for you to do your own homework on since you find my posts to be worthy of research. So get to it and report back to us your findings.

Well no, I don't find your posts in this thread worthy of research, that was kind of the point here. You were vague and provided little detail or context and are still not doing so. Rather than just offer a simple explanation or something like "this is why X sucks and this is what we told the devs, here was their response", you went all adversarial and started lashing out with personal attacks. I have no idea what imagined rivalry exists in your noggin but I really don't care about past arguments or etc and just wanted to hear more about the claim that the developers ignored feedback, its a hot button topic for me.

So yeah I won't be digging around forums at random hoping to find the relevant post, I will instead just conclude you don't have a credible opinion on this game and move on with my life.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2014, 10:47 Verno

Yeah it's mirroring the issues we see in kids today - lack of exercise and too much crappy food. I guess I shouldn't be surprised when you look at the people who are responsible for them. I think a lot of people buy dogs thinking that it will force them to get outdoors and exercise more. After awhile they discover that they still don't like physical activity and then end up just shoving it in the backyard once in awhile. I have family who does that and clearly just aren't up to the responsibility of pet ownership yet refuse to give or sell the dog to someone who wants it.

My dogs have always been well trained but all dogs beg to some extent, people just have to learn how to say no which shouldn't be hard. I don't know if they feel guilty or are just too stupid to realize what they're doing but paying some company thousands to fix such a simple problem is simultaneously depressing and hilarious.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin
49. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin Jul 3, 2014, 10:13 Verno

InBlack wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 03:42:
Also is there any way to heal other than potions? I havent figured out a way to wait, or sleep in this game...

There are a couple of beds scattered around but really your best option is a healing spell because crafting sucks and you will need the consumables for tough fights.

I really enjoy the game but it could have used another 6 months of tweaking (though I guess what game couldnt?), there are a lot of interface weirdness and design oddities.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2014, 10:01 Verno

Its pretty dumb. I think that people who treats their pets that way don't really love them and are basically just throwing money at it to avoid taking any responsibility.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2014, 09:42 Verno

I'm not even slightly surprised that people are overfeeding their pets given how many dumb parents overfeed their kids and refuse to admit that they are fat. Reading that article is a wake up call for how many irresponsible pet owners there are and how over the top the pet care industry has become - pet hotels, pet spas, doggy facials etc. I mean holy shit just read this:

Besides the ‘‘pawlates,’’ the camp was filled with swimming, nature hikes, treadmill trots, facials, massages and healthy treats like organic granola, string beans and carrots.

Hahah. Train your dog, exercise it regularly, take it to the vet and don't feed it horrible bullshit. It really isn't that hard to give a pet a decent life.

News Comments > Transformers Universe Beta Opens Tomorrow
1. Re: Transformers Universe Beta Opens Tomorrow Jul 3, 2014, 09:31 Verno

Mo moba, mo problems.  

15513 Comments. 776 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo