Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 17076 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2015, 14:32 Verno

It doesn't work and there is no decent media remote yet, its coming this fall. You might see a few third party things on Amazon or Ebay but avoid them like the plague, they are barely functional.  

Playing: The Witcher 3, Bloodborne, Secret of Mana
Watching: Battle Creek, Infini, X-Files
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2015, 13:31 Verno

Working fine here.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization May 1, 2015, 10:56 Verno

I'm hopeful for the QNX variant. The Microsoft Sync shit is fucking awful which is a surprise to no one.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patch
25. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patch May 1, 2015, 08:30 Verno

This seems to have fixed all of my crash issues, pretty happy with it so far. Almost wrapped up with Bloodborne then I'm going to dive into GTA Online a lot more.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 30, 2015, 16:48 Verno

Towerfall is alright but its on the PS4/etc now so its no feather in their cap.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 30, 2015, 16:28 Verno

Yeah its got crazy momentum, I don't know how Microsoft puts a dent in that without dropping the price even more. I've only really enjoyed a handful of games on the system, third party is carrying the day. Infamous, Driveclub and Bloodborne made my purchase worth it. That first year sucked though. Hoping for some JRPGs at some point.  

News Comments > Steam Game Bans
48. Re: Steam Game Bans Apr 30, 2015, 16:15 Verno

Yeah thats a good point I hadn't considered jacob, thanks for the perspective. Its pretty hard to hide anything from reddit these days.  

45. Re: Steam Game Bans Apr 30, 2015, 16:02 Verno

bhcompy wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 14:37:
Task wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 08:56:
I remember once upon a time being able to kick/ban people from a hosted dedicated server; was much easier. The cheater might move to another server, but they wouldn't be on mine.

rcon addip 0 x.x.x.x
writeip

I miss having this level of control over my servers Hell, I miss being able to host servers, sad that user hosted stuff is semi-rare. Dev anti-cheat stuff is never good enough compared to active admins IMO.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced
29. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced Apr 30, 2015, 15:40 Verno

Hmm ok cool, thanks for the input, it sounds like it can wait for a sale then.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Clue?
27. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Clue? Apr 30, 2015, 14:20 Verno

jomisab wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 14:01:
And yet look at AC:Unity, which still runs like garbage compared to something like GTA V. The best engine Ubi has is Dunia. We'll see how the Snowdrop engine turns out...hopefully it won't turn into Teardrop.

I thought it ran fairly well with the latest patches? Launch was a mess but its been fine for me since. GeForce 970/yadda yadda.

40. Re: Steam Game Bans Apr 30, 2015, 14:06 Verno

dizave wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 14:00:
Give me an actual example of a specific time YOU specifically were wronged because a developer was trying to prevent cheating. This kind of stuff never happens. If it does, they will correct it. You are arguing for the sake of arguing. Either way, I apologize if I offended you previously.

I wasn't even arguing, let alone arguing about nothing. I just said they need some sort of process in case of mistakes/abuse/etc. Just a token "contact the devs" is a bit of a vague hand wave. Of course this stuff happens, there are plenty of incidents of false bans for various reasons from both small developers and large companies. Sometimes its due to automated software, sometimes its human error and sometimes it just is what it is. Since you wanted a specific example that affected me, I was falsely banned from BF3 due to a problem with the anti-cheat software they used called Punkbuster. People at the time just assumed I was cheating (gamers love making this assumption) but it later came out that they were bans made in error. I had to actually get myself unbanned through an official process with EA support.

There's no need to apologize, I'm not offended by anything you said. I'm just amused by the people saying "CALM DOWN GUYS GEEZ" are often the most hysterical in the context.

24. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Clue? Apr 30, 2015, 13:53 Verno

ItBurn wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 13:32:
Seriously? Are you trolling? How can so many of you be so out of touch with reality? Seriously, have you ever played a game before?

There's no accounting for taste.

36. Re: Steam Game Bans Apr 30, 2015, 13:34 Verno

Worrying for the sake of worrying is only going to shorten your lives.

I don't think anyone is losing sleep over this, more like just passing time on lunch at work

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced
27. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced Apr 30, 2015, 13:33 Verno

So how is the DLC for this? Is the GOTY edition warranted or should I just wait until its super cheap?  

31. Re: Steam Game Bans Apr 30, 2015, 13:26 Verno

dizave wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 13:17:
"People are worried about the potential abuse of this and cited examples like War Z where users would be unfairly banned through no fault of their own. I don't know why you're confused, everyone seems pretty straight forward in this thread, I would re-read it."

That is the entire argument dude. I'm worried some douche will run a red light and plow into my car on my way to work. I'm worried a police officer will pull me over for no reason. I'm worried the server at my favorite restaurant will spit in my food. I'm worried because I might be banned in my favorite video game because they are trying to prevent cheating.

If it happens then lets complain on bluesnews. Just because it CAN happen is no reason to get our collective panties in a bunch.

"complain on bluesnews" seems to be the focus here from you, not the topical content. This is a discussion board and people will discuss the news, sometimes its positive and sometimes its negative. You seem to think people are jumping up and down angry when all I read is some people expressing legit concerns. One person made a comment about switching to GOG, that's about as extreme as its gotten here. So maybe you're the one who needs to chill out a bit.

I don't really see a point in clamming up about something either, if anything as we learned with the paid mod thing a few days ago, companies do listen to feedback and it can change their policies. I have no problem with them enabling devs to ban cheaters, all I'm looking for is a method of resolving it in case of a dispute and maybe a little more clarification on the particulars. That's not exactly unreasonable. If you want to wait and ignore this then go ahead, peoples comments here don't impact you in any way.

26. Re: Steam Game Bans Apr 30, 2015, 13:05 Verno

Dude I realize my comment was over the top but i'm just so confused. Every game I have ever been hardcore into has been ruined when i realized the amount of people cheating. Youtube reveals the hidden truth and its so frustrating. There are websites where you can pay actual money for software that allows you to cheat. I mean, I understand it. I understand why one might want to use video games to learn or advance their programming skills etc. But, don't shit on valve for trying to prevent this because there is a potential for abuse before said abuse actually is an issue.

Valve isn't preventing anything, banning a user is reactive, not proactive. They also aren't banning anyone themselves, they are giving the developer tools to do that. People don't really have a problem with cheaters being banned, that's you misreading peoples concerns. People are worried about the potential abuse of this and cited examples like War Z where users would be unfairly banned through no fault of their own. I don't know why you're confused, everyone seems pretty straight forward in this thread, I would re-read it.

There's a big difference between "VALVE SUKS" and "I dont like this because of the potential for abuse by bad devs like in this example...".

Valve at least needs to give customers some sort of avenue to resolve a dispute that isn't the developer who banned them.

25. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced Apr 30, 2015, 12:39 Verno

Brumbek wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 12:33:
Yes, I suppose it did sound condescending. It wasn't my intent.

Of course it was as your followup clearly demonstrates. You don't really address your own failings in recognizing that the game actually has methods of making it more difficult either. The developer should've included difficulty levels but if you play games with all of the hand holding toggles on then no one is going to take complaints about difficulty seriously.

21. Re: Steam Game Bans Apr 30, 2015, 12:37 Verno

dizave wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 12:24:
The bluesnews commentators are completely out of touch. I don't belive any of you actually play games. You all just like to complain about anything and everything. Valve makes an effort to kick douche bags off my servers and all you have to say is "im worried this power will be abused"? WTF is wrong with you? If Valve decides to start banning legit players then we can get upset. But any effort to prevent you from wall hacking or aim boting in the games I paid for is fan fucking tastic. Anyone that thinks any different is either part of the problem or should go back to ISIS. Get the fuck out of my games so I can enjoy them they way they are indented to be played.

I thought this was a serious post until the ISIS bit, well played 6/10.

17. Re: Steam Game Bans Apr 30, 2015, 11:19 Verno

I don't mind playing with cheaters, it really doesn't get my blood boiling or anything. Some people get all worked up about it but I could really care less, I'll just go do something else or laugh it off. They want your anger so why give it to them? I don't see a huge need for this either, at least not without oversight from Valve and it doesn't sound like they want to bother.

10. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Clue? Apr 30, 2015, 11:12 Verno

Cutter wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 10:45:
I can't imagine anyone would want this. The first game was fucking horrible all around. It's why it's selling for $3 on all the key websites.

How much time did you personally spend playing it? It was an average game, often above average but brought down by silly design decisions and an uneven driving model. Only the Uplay keys are selling that cheap and the game is a year old so cheap PC versions isn't a big surprise.

If you think this was completely horrible then you really need to play some actually bad games sometime to get proper context.

The first AC game was really average in many respects too and they did a lot with the sequel. I'm willing to give it a chance.

17076 Comments. 854 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo