Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 16301 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2014, 14:22 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 13:18:
Verno wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 09:41:
Did he luck out with Gladiator too? American Gangster? Black Hawk Down? When you're as prolific a director as he is, you're going to have some stuff that works out and some stuff that doesn't. Making a movie is very complex and you're working with a lot of different people and studios with their own set of issues. Some projects just don't work out but that doesn't make him a "douchebag". That's coming from someone who loathed Prometheus by the way.

He's had a bad run lately though: Robin Hood, Prometheus, and The Counselor all sucked.

I didn't think Robin Hood was bad, it just wasn't what people were expecting. I enjoyed The Counselor too. Prometheus sucked and was more spectacle than anything else but a lot of people disagree with me on that.

And yeah agreed 1badmf, Kingdom of Heaven DirCut is up there amongst my favorites.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
17. Re: etc. Nov 27, 2014, 11:03 Verno

Axis wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 00:35:

No need to leap over oceans to make assumptions that attempt to portray yourself in a more "tolerant" light than me -- that just makes your "conviction" appear fake and contrived.

He didn't do that, you were the one with a problem about their stance on LGBT equality.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2014, 09:41 Verno

Did he luck out with Gladiator too? American Gangster? Black Hawk Down? When you're as prolific a director as he is, you're going to have some stuff that works out and some stuff that doesn't. Making a movie is very complex and you're working with a lot of different people and studios with their own set of issues. Some projects just don't work out but that doesn't make him a "douchebag". That's coming from someone who loathed Prometheus by the way.  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Patch
22. Re: Far Cry 4 Patch Nov 27, 2014, 09:13 Verno

Really enjoying Far Cry 4, its pretty much exactly what I wanted out of a sequel to Far Cry 3. Better story, more dynamic events, more wildlife and a lot more combat options. Great game minus a few technical snafus.  

News Comments > Assassinís Creed Unity Free DLC Offered; Season Passes Discontinued
16. Re: Assassinís Creed Unity Free DLC Offered; Season Passes Discontinued Nov 27, 2014, 08:44 Verno

I think direct refunds would be preferable to be honest but this is better than nothing.  

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
24. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 26, 2014, 16:17 Verno

Krovven wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 16:10:
I have no interest in MP. I'd play the campaigns (maybe) and play co-op with a friend...who owns all of it. So just getting the base game and 1 dlc doesn't really work for me.

They already tried CoH Online and it failed miserably. Relic isn't the same Relic it once was. Most of the founders and the lead designers on their older games are all gone now.

Ouch yeah then it's really not worth it at all. The SP campaigns sucked, I was really disappointed with them. Yeah I'm aware of the original devs leaving, its a shame. COH2 at release was a real mess and it took them a long time to bring it up to what I would consider parity with COH1. COH Online wasn't half bad but they totally failed at balancing it. RTS in general seems like a kickstarter genre now

I really want the long dark, but am deathly afraid of EA titles now.....I will wait for next year when it is hopefully released and then on sale...

Same here, too many disappointments. I don't touch any early access games anymore.

20. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 26, 2014, 16:07 Verno

Krovven wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 15:51:
CoH2 is still too expensive. You are still looking at over $30 to get everything and you can't even just get one bundle. Then there is Ardennes Assault which is stand-alone and just released at $44 (CDN).

The SP campaigns are bad to be honest, you basically just buy in for the MP. Ardennes adds nothing no new units or etc so it can be safely skipped. You only need the base game and the Western Front armies addon to do all of the MP related stuff which at $18 is a pretty good value IMO. But if you're not going to play it often then *shrug*. I think their next game will be F2P, they certainly seem to be heading in that direction.

1. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 26, 2014, 13:26 Verno

I think I'll pick up The Evil Within and Civ:BE. I wonder if that Don't Starve multiplayer expansion ever came out.

They have finally patched up COH2 to a place where I prefer it over COH1 as well, too bad I already own it heh.

News Comments > Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin Announced; PC Upgrade Details
1. Re: Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin Announced; PC Upgrade Details Nov 26, 2014, 12:45 Verno

They are handling this in a weird way.  

31. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2014, 12:15 Verno

Unlike comparisons don't help make the case though. I don't really care how many cars kill people a year when we're talking about guns, the two have nothing to do with each other and having concerns about it is not the same thing as hysteria. I'm not against gun ownership at all but I think it should be a lot more difficult than it is currently.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
7. Re: Into the Black Nov 25, 2014, 11:37 Verno

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 23:55:
Top spy says to not worry that he's spying on you. Like he's expected to say something else?

Hahaha yeah. Oh ok no problems with government spying according to the douchebag in charge of it all, I am totally convinced.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 25, 2014, 09:56 Verno

343 really dropped the ball, shits not quite into DriveClub territory yet but its getting there.

DS2 on the next gen consoles always made sense, glad to hear it.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition
140. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 24, 2014, 15:30 Verno

Are you hearing banter in your game Creston? I heard a lot at the beginning and they wouldn't shut up at the Storm Coast but since then its almost silent. There's some speculation theres a banter bug preventing the trigger from working for some people. Something is definitely up because my friends party never shuts up while mine only seems to pipe up once in a blue moon.  

138. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 24, 2014, 11:06 Verno

They just randomly clear orders when they feel like it, I can set Hold Position but it never sticks. Hold Position also doesn't work at some arbitrary distance that they never explain to you, they will still teleport back to you, I've tested it a dozen times. You can have shitty AI and good user scripting. You can have good AI and basic scripting. You can't have both bad AI and no real user scripting Bioware

I love the game but damn sometimes it feels like they had their head up their asses for some design decisions.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2014, 10:06 Verno

I've given up on getting caught up with my backlog of media and just endeavor to stay current on a few things now. For awhile I was really into TV shows since my GF has similar tastes but lately its been movies again since at least they're not a huge time commitment.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2014, 09:22 Verno

You can easily put 30 hours in before meaningfully advancing the story and the game opens up significantly after. 80 hours is easily doable if you get into the side quests at all.

It's not perfect but its a great game overall.

136. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 24, 2014, 09:19 Verno

I was really cruising along in Hard difficulty until my first dragon. Totally hit a wall, the fucking awful AI is more difficult than the dragon. Just when you get everyone positioned how you like the game will auto-teleport your companions to you in a real WTF moment. AI will sit in AOEs and not even try to move unlike DA:O. The inability to do more advanced scripting of their fucking terrible behavior is extremely aggravating.

The game itself is superb, I'm having a blast outside of this dumb fight. The controls and AI suck though. You can play most of the game outside of tactical mode but the amount of babysitting you need to do for harder fights is absurd, especially when your orders will just randomly get deleted, ignored or your teammates just whisked to your position.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
12. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 21, 2014, 15:59 Verno

Cutter wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 13:46:
I'd just like to see the zones transition into each other organically like they do in WoW.

WoW doesn't look like this though. It would be cool but its not technically feasible yet in any engine I've seen save for maybe The Witcher 3 but I guess we'll see.

128. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 21, 2014, 15:14 Verno

Yeah exactly, people really shouldn't get hung up on completing every single thing they come across. A lot of it isn't even intended to be completed right away.  

News Comments > WoW 10th Anniversary Celebrations
10. Re: WoW 10th Anniversary Celebrations Nov 21, 2014, 13:04 Verno

Some of those battles at TM were effing amazing. Soooo much fun.

Yeah they were awesome, I loved the back and forth. Horde was severely outnumbered on our server so we always struggled and had to really work together.

I really miss the world of this game, very well realized and I had a real sense of awe/wonder exploring it at the time.

16301 Comments. 816 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo