Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 15865 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 24, 2014, 12:11 Verno

Fantaz wrote on Mar 24, 2014, 11:14:
I don't know why Sony didn't make PS4 at least backwards compatible with PS3 PSN releases. just complicates things more.

For the same reason the Xbox One games on XBL aren't backwards compatible with Xbox 360 digital releases - completely different CPU architecture.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launch Party
20. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launch Party Mar 24, 2014, 12:08 Verno

Darks wrote on Mar 24, 2014, 10:20:
Verno wrote on Mar 24, 2014, 10:09:
Not to be debbie downer either but the buzz around the Crusader class wasn't very good in beta. Supposedly very slow and underpowered compared to other classes. Some of their loot seems to have the 1.0 design mentality too "remove X crappy downside from Y ability" instead of doing something really cool.

I'll be anxious to hear what people here think of them once they get into Torment. After playing a Wizard it is really hard to play anything else, they are just too damned good.

Iím off work tomorrow so Iíll be on tonight since Iím west coast. My plan is to play the Crusader all the way through tonight and get up tomorrow and finish it off. Since I play a Monk and a Barb, I will give you the feedback youíre looking for.

Yeah please do, I'd appreciate it. I'm sure Blizzard will address any problems it has over time but I'm really iffy on how much I want this expansion right now. Let us know how the new act is too!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2014, 10:32 Verno

canuck wrote on Mar 24, 2014, 10:13:
I'd recommend some nice Sennheisers. I use the the HD 598's with just a cheesey clip on mic that I leave on the desk and it works great. Almost all the gaming headphones are terrible quality. Sennheisers are usually more expensive, but my last pair lasted for 10 years and were still going strong, they just started to wear our and I wanted some new ones.

Yeah these are nice too. I've got a pair of older 595s I use for my home theater stuff when my GF is sleeping.

5. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launch Party Mar 24, 2014, 10:09 Verno

Not to be debbie downer either but the buzz around the Crusader class wasn't very good in beta. Supposedly very slow and underpowered compared to other classes. Some of their loot seems to have the 1.0 design mentality too "remove X crappy downside from Y ability" instead of doing something really cool.

I'll be anxious to hear what people here think of them once they get into Torment. After playing a Wizard it is really hard to play anything else, they are just too damned good.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2014, 09:50 Verno

Is there a budget? I'm no audiophile but gamer gear type stuff is almost universally awful and overpriced for the components. I would recommend you get some Audio-Technica headphones (M50x, M50 and AD700s are nice) and just slap a ModMic on the side, great sound and a good mic. I use the ATH-A700s but I think they're discontinued. You pay a bit more but you get better quality and it will last a lot longer than some gamergear headset. The difference in sound between my old gamer headset and my new setup is night and day.

If you really want that gamer gear style stuff then Steelseries (Siberia line) makes some decent headsets with retractable mics. I wouldn't recommend paying more than $100 for the Siberia V2s though.

This comment was edited on Mar 24, 2014, 10:10.

3. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launch Party Mar 24, 2014, 09:43 Verno

I think I'm gonna sit out release week since the servers are usually pooched and see how reviews shake out. I've been enjoying Diablo 3 again which is nice but the same time Adventure/Bounties would need to go really far to keep me playing. Combat is super fun but I just find myself bored with the games systems after some paragon farming.

So yeah, gonna wait and see what people have to say about the length/quality of act 5, how the Crusader is and how bounties affect long term play.

News Comments > Diablo III Double XP Weekend
57. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 23, 2014, 00:30 Verno

Thanks for the build man, I will give it a shot tomorrow. Appreciate it!  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Rumor Extravaganza
12. Re: Far Cry 4 Rumor Extravaganza Mar 21, 2014, 23:59 Verno

I'd like to see less rambling, incoherent stories out of Ubisoft games and more emphasis on depth in gameplay mechanics. Far Cry 3 was super fun for the first few hours then gets old really fast with a typical Ubisoft story that long overstays its welcome.  

News Comments > Diablo III Double XP Weekend
30. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 21, 2014, 23:56 Verno

Someone forgot to take their meds, good grief what a fucking stupid derail.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 April 2014 Feature Pack
9. Re: Guild Wars 2 April 2014 Feature Pack Mar 21, 2014, 14:42 Verno

Keilun wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 00:32:
Creston wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 21:22:
Oh well, we'll see what happens. I wish Anet had guys as good at developing systems as they have guys who are good at developing content.

Completely agreed. My gf and I have stopped playing GW2 lately because of the poor systems. For me, I have the biggest beef with their living world, skill system, ascended gear and skins.

Living world has been pretty much a grind fest of achievements. It's okay the first time (if you manage a bug free experience, QA?), but after that, they want you to grind the same events at least 5 times over to receive your participation award. Most events ultimately wind up being the same zerg fest you see with the rest of the game, it's pretty uninspiring. I'll admit that the closest they've come to something entertaining was the clockwork puppet boss event in Lornar's Pass.

I've never been a fan of the same restrictive 5 skills per weapon. I'd like a bit more customization than having an offhand weapon set to swap to to open up new weapon skills. Some weapons are plain garbage which exacerbates the problem. Their proposed solution in dev right now? Open up class restriction on weapons... Not exactly the right solution...

Yeah I was a big fan of the skill system at first but its worn on me, particularly when so many weapons are poorly balanced. It's weird how they're so great at producing rapid content updates but for balance related stuff their pace is glacial.

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 21, 2014, 14:36 Verno

No you pretty much misread it start to finish.

As for twitch itself, I like the service but the lack of archival on the PS4 broadcasts is pretty annoying. I know its being updated in a firmware revision soon though.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Announced
6. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Announced Mar 21, 2014, 14:35 Verno

NegaDeath wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 14:18:
I enjoyed 4 for all the naval stuff and shanties it brought, but I'm really really tired of the on foot stuff. I don't think I can stomach climbing a viewpoint for the millionth time. Or a follow mission.

Agreed. It's just old at this point. I think the French Revolution is a great period of history for a game but at this point I'm pretty far into franchise fatigue. Without the naval combat to prop it up I doubt I would be interested in more of the same. I'd like to see some dramatic changes to several areas of the game. With 800 people working on these things you would think they could do more than the repetitive stuff we've been seeing.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Announced
1. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Announced Mar 21, 2014, 12:53 Verno

Meh, AC4 was good but the games are stuck in a rut. They need to totally change up the combat systems at a minimum and have less repetition in the side activities. AC4 would not have been well received without the fun distraction of the naval stuff.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 21, 2014, 12:41 Verno

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 11:53:
Fucking George R.R. Martin... finish the BOOKS before you contemplate raking in movie level cash, please.

Sorry he's too busy blogging about pizza/football and attending cons. Don't you understand the plight of the artist?! Martin is the laziest author.

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos
36. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 21, 2014, 11:55 Verno

Fletch wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 08:58:
Personally, I want people who have negative things to say about a game to post comments. I want to know why they don't like it, as it may help me decide if I would like it. Unless Blue imposed a rule recently that comments are for fanboys only, I don't see a problem.

It's not really a problem, I am the same way. Likewise there is nothing wrong with pointing out that people who just mindlessly thread dump so they can evangelize some other game are being stupid.

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 21, 2014, 10:58 Verno

Pigeon wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 10:11:
Well I don't really understand the twitch thing either, but I guess its like facebook for gamers.

I like streaming with twitch but I don't feel the need to broadcast my face while I'm doing it. Some of the streams can be pretty fun to watch, the sports streams in particular can get hilarious.

News Comments > Next CoD Sledgehammer's "Most Ambitious, Most Creative" Game
2. Re: Next CoD Sledgehammer's Mar 21, 2014, 10:57 Verno

Yeah CoD is really in a rut, they need to *gasp* let them take a year off and produce something with new features.  

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 21, 2014, 09:52 Verno

Agreed. For the life of me I don't understand what is driving the crazy adoption rate of it but I'm happy Sony made it optional.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 21, 2014, 08:43 Verno

He should be tried at the Hague for war crimes.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 20, 2014, 16:39 Verno

nin wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 15:49:
If he's back, he's reregistered...

He'll out himself in a political topic again I'm sure, not hard to spot given his obvious tells.

15865 Comments. 794 pages. Viewing page 52.
< Newer [ 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo