Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 14967 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
232. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 18, 2013, 13:26 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 13:09:
Yup, because Junior was an idiot. But not even Soros can match the money from the right. For every Soros, there are five on the right, for example Koch, Adelson, Friess, Moskowitz, and Walton. And the right spends five times as much.

There has been a buying strategy on both sides, unquestionably worse on the right. No one sane will argue that. I think we've seen that approach doesn't work and there will be a stronger focus on traditional political campaigning and awareness for a new Republican image and message over the next five years. Smarter heads are slowly starting to prevail and I think the party is waking up to the realization that we need to eject the tea party types even if it costs us some leadership potential in the short term.

I see potential in people whose have specific views I might not agree with (Bobby Jindal for example opposes abortion and same sex marriage) but are otherwise smart enough to divide their personal morals and responsibility to govern.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2013, 13:09 Verno

Cale wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 13:05:
It does help get over the loss of an old dog, but its only a delay before it happens all over again. What I am wondering is if having a younger and older dog helps deal with the depression of losing one.

It does to a certain extent because you and the other pet share the loss but ultimately it always sucks, you're just less lonely for a little while and enjoy the other dogs youth a bit more. I always recommend people have 2 dogs though, if you need to work then you don't have to pay for doggy daycare or worry about leaving them at home. 2 dogs will keep each other company and entertained, one dog will miss you like crazy any time you're gone. Unfortunately pet ownership is getting super expensive, vets have figured out they have people over a barrel and have been raising fees and medicine costs steadily for the past 10 years.

News Comments > Arkham Games Ditch GFWL
45. Re: Arkham Games Ditch GFWL Oct 18, 2013, 11:39 Verno

Dark Souls has a very active community on the PC and should really be saved though I don't expect Namco-Bandai to do it.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 18, 2013, 11:36 Verno

Killzone is the only FPS game I can stand to play on the consoles, its a slower paced FPS where you have more time to accommodate the analog stick aiming. The DS4 is a noted improvement over the DS3 for FPS games too.

Knack I was initially iffy on but it does look like its coming together nicely and the last few preview videos I saw made it seem quite fun and best of all something you can play with the whole family. On the other hand its $60 and it seems more like a $40 game to me.

If you've already paid off your preorder on either console then keeping it is a no brainer IMHO, the channel inventory is pitiful by all reports so you can probably dump it for $600+ easily on Ebay the first few days of launch.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 18, 2013, 11:05 Verno

I'm keeping my PS4 preorder, worst case I can flip it for a profit since inventories are so low and demand is so high. I'm totally ok with just playing AC4, Killzone and some of the indie games I've seen until Infamous and etc come out in early 2014. Just having a quieter console with suspend/resume and faster access to Netflix and etc will be worth it too. Plus that controller owns, it sucks using the PS3 controller after having tried the DS4

AC4
Killzone
Knack (latest preview vid piqued my interest)
Contrast (free with PS+)
Resogun (free with PS+)
A pile of cool looking indie games

Then next year Infamous Second Sun, DriveClub, The Witness, Destiny, Watch Dogs, etc.

I guess you could just wait til Februrary or whatever but I doubt the price will have dropped in the first 2 years, Microsoft will be forced to go first there.

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2013, 11:22.

226. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 18, 2013, 10:52 Verno

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 10:35:
bunch of nonsense

Reality TV? Thin skins? Trying to blame your problems on everyone else when you accused other people of doing it not 2 pages ago? I give up, you are hopeless.

Getting back on topic and ignoring the madness:

1. They Fund Crazies. Soros isn't funding the Communist party. If he did, we'd be hearing about it, constantly. The tea party is the right wing equivalent. Also, Soros didn't fund candidates, but the right funded some crazy candidacies: Adelson funded Gingrich's candidacy, and Friess funded Santorum (don't Google that ). Both of those guys are nuts who never would have been viable if not for billionaire backers.

This is going to stop. The tea party types will be kicked to the curb after the shit they pulled the past two years and the money will stop flowing. They can make their own political body and stop leeching off the base. The whole thing was an effort to reinvigorate an aging base and attract a different voting block, unfortunately it has completely backfired in the worst way and ended up severely damaging the republican image and message. There are many liberal positions I'm unhappy with in this country but the sort of political gridlock we've been forced to endure is not good for anyone, something will be done.

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2013, 11:01.

News Comments > GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers?
2. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 10:32 Verno

No way that's in there by mistake, woot!  

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 18, 2013, 10:23 Verno

Naughty Dog Won't Port The Last of Us To PlayStation 4.

I am totally ok with that, I want Naughty Dog working on new stuff and blowing our minds. I don't even want a sequel to The Last of Us, it was a perfectly fine standalone game.

224. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 18, 2013, 10:11 Verno

It is hard to believe there is someone out there with so little self awareness to realize what a mockery they are making of themselves. The Obama phone thing is an example you've been throwing around for months now, not a joke at all and you got brutally hoist on your own petard. No one is going to buy the joke bit, its not only immature but its worse than actually having just meant it and been wrong, especially in the light that you've been harping about it for ages. No one cares about the message when it's presented so poorly and you don't swing people to your point of view with dishonesty, arguments that lack a foundation and soundbites.

It would be nice to have a political discussion where you haven't muddied the waters and made it more difficult to represent some conservative views.

16. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 18, 2013, 09:56 Verno

gray wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 08:37:
Verno wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 15:11:
I hate marketing. The "cloud" is just a bunch of VMs. It has no magical powers or properties. Your game saves and profile will go there, some games will have dedicated servers, pretty much the same as Steam. The whole "derp AI in the cloud!" will probably not amount to anything.

Yup, just the current iteration of hosted servers. Who falls for this type of crap? All it seems to do is discredit their whole position, someone somewhere must think this is helping the company somehow.

It's marketing crap for fanboys. A dude on a different forum I'm on thinks that "the cloud" will be used to make his 1000x more powerful and so on. It's eye rolling but those people exist.

222. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 18, 2013, 09:37 Verno

The eye rolling thing here is you getting completely nailed on just about every subject and trying to continually shift the discussion afterward. Case in point, you still haven't acknowledged what was either a mistake or outright dishonesty. A polite acknowledgement and admission would mean people are less likely to hang it over your head but now that's going to follow you around in every thread.

I don't know if you're truly this ignorant or just posturing for the last word but you are not only making yourself look bad but all other Conservatives by association.

News Comments > Blizzard All-Stars Now Heroes of the Storm
19. Re: Blizzard All-Stars Now Heroes of the Storm Oct 18, 2013, 09:11 Verno

MOBAs hit critical mass awhile ago and while I like Blizzard I have no interest in this.  

220. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 18, 2013, 08:47 Verno

You can't get mad at them, you totally misrepresented something and got nailed on it. There is no dancing around it, my 5 year old knows better than to pull that crap. You want to push your agenda then at least own it when you screw up.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 17, 2013, 15:48 Verno

Cutter wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 12:54:
Well, once you get an android you won't be burning anymore American flags. So if you hate America and love the terrorists than Apple is the company for you.

I'm afraid to ask why you keep posting this every other day.

202. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 17, 2013, 15:32 Verno

Redmask wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 14:30:
Did you see his attempt at a lecture about parents and morality last week? If you had I think you would have dismissed him alot sooner. It is one of the worst things I've seen on the internet.

I missed it but that's pretty classic "I don't have children but I have this loud opinion" hot air balloon stuff.

Well this sure was a thread, can't remember the last time we went to 200.

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 17, 2013, 15:11 Verno

I hate marketing. The "cloud" is just a bunch of VMs. It has no magical powers or properties. Your game saves and profile will go there, some games will have dedicated servers, pretty much the same as Steam. The whole "derp AI in the cloud!" will probably not amount to anything.  

193. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 17, 2013, 14:19 Verno

When I said you were the last person I would listen to about this I was being serious. I'm done indulging you on subjects you clearly have no actual knowledge of yet somehow have formed strong opinions that aren't open to logic, reasoned debate or discussion. I am very patient but everyone has limits and mine is "/eyeroll you don't need science to realize a 3 year old is barely developed. 1+1 still equals 2."  

191. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 17, 2013, 14:10 Verno

Sepharo wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 14:08:
Whatever Verno.
It's common sense.

Come on dude 1+1=2 duhhh.

189. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 17, 2013, 13:43 Verno

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 13:39:
No one said there was a single fix, I think a great start would be removing all the programs that have been proven to be failures and use that money else where doncha think? Headstart would be one imo.

After displaying such profound ignorance about early childhood development you are about the last person I would listen to on this subject. Headstart is conceptually a fine program with modest but appreciable results. I don't care where it originated from. Its results need careful study before we do anything with it, not a rush to judgment from people whose sole concern is partisan bullshit and reinforcing their own opinions.

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2013, 13:49.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2013, 13:30 Verno

Cutter wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 13:10:
Is Beat the Insiders down? Can't login and I did a password reset and that didn't take either. Anyhoo, I think I went with the Cards tonight.

Up for me.

14967 Comments. 749 pages. Viewing page 51.
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo