Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 17495 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2015, 09:10 Verno

Apparently over Geno Smith reneging on a charity appearance that cost the kid money, what a class act. Oh my Jets, I am a glutton for punishment

Edit: apparently over a different dispute, the NY Post was wrong who would've imagined?!

This comment was edited on Aug 12, 2015, 09:21.

Playing: Dark Souls 2: Scholars of the First Sin
Watching: Cop Car
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Season 4 Preview
10. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Preview Aug 12, 2015, 08:39 Verno

I hope they bring seasons over to the console versions at some point, the only real feature I miss.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 11, 2015, 13:58 Verno

But you see....micro$$oft!!  

News Comments > Blizzard Diablo Job Posting
36. Re: Blizzard Diablo Job Posting Aug 11, 2015, 11:41 Verno

I can't believe anyone cited stats, the stats were meaningless in D2 and offered no real variety between builds.

The problems with Diablo 3 in my mind are more related to its poor map randomization and the fact that I'm a grown man with responsibilities now who doesn't like dumping untold hours into ARPGs which are repetitive as hell.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 11, 2015, 10:25 Verno

All of the major ad blockers work fine on Windows 10. There will undoubtedly even be ones for Edge once they release the extension API.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch Notes
17. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch Notes Aug 11, 2015, 09:07 Verno

DA:I was worth it for the characters alone, story was solid too. The gameplay was all over the place, sometimes fantastic and other times just dreadful. They need to go all in on action or tactical, this half assed approach isn't working.  

News Comments > Blizzard Diablo Job Posting
31. Re: Blizzard Diablo Job Posting Aug 11, 2015, 09:00 Verno

InBlack wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 08:47:
yes another slap in the face of Blizzard's dedicated PC fanbase...

But won't someone think of the children?!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 10, 2015, 15:30 Verno

I don't find any appreciable difference in speed between them but I am pretty conservative with addons and I don't use Flash at all when I'm using Firefox. What is probably going on is a conflict between SC2 and the little DVR hook they built into the Xbox app. You see it when you launch a game on Windows 10 and it has instructions on disabling it (I think you just hit Control G and it doesnt show up anymore). Or just uninstall the xbox app entirely since its pretty much dead weight unless you're hooked into that ecosystem on the console side of things.

Sorry to hear your Sleep issue persists Jivaro, I will look more into it later and see if I can come up with anything you haven't thought of already.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 10, 2015, 13:49 Verno

Are you using S3 sleep? Try disabling hybrid sleep and see if it works. I haven't encountered that on my nvidia card but I'm sure our hardware configs and drivers differ.

What's the motherboard?

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 10, 2015, 13:30 Verno

We just got back from the lake so didn't have time to watch the finale yet but I could fill an ocean with all the tears I've heard about season 2. It's had some stumbles but people act like the first season was perfect when it had major pacing problems and a host of plot inconsistencies. I will probably ramble in spoilered text about the finale in tomorrows OOTB.  

News Comments > The International Results
32. Re: The International Results Aug 10, 2015, 11:28 Verno

After his last nazi apologist fiasco and a bunch of comments about jews I finally blocked him for good. Good riddance.

Anyways didn't catch the games due to being up at the lake this weekend but looking forward to watching them tonight. EG is just super fun to watch in general, their versatility and adaptability is insane.

I am fully out of HOTS, every match feels too samey after awhile without the laning phase and other aspects of LoL/DotA.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
13. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Aug 10, 2015, 10:55 Verno

This Linux user seemed to like Windows 10

20. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 10, 2015, 09:10 Verno

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 9, 2015, 20:39:

Think about what it means... they had to add a toxic synthetic chemical to make it not taste like crap.. and you were drinking this waste water ;P

We use synthetic additives in so many things and they're not inherently dangerous, aspartame included.

News Comments > Journey of the Light Steam Refunds
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 7, 2015, 09:49 Verno

bozu wrote on Aug 7, 2015, 09:42:
Xero wrote on Aug 7, 2015, 09:28:
Man, Valve/Steam needs to seriously review these games before green lighting them.
You think Valve should do a full play-through of every title before launching it? That seems excessive to me. They're acting as a distributor and retailer, not a publisher.

Agreed. Devs bitched like crazy about how gated Steam was before and people got on Valves case about it, I remember people on here especially were really critical about having an open system like Green Light. I think overall things have improved, yeah you get the odd case like this but a lot more great games get to market sooner. You take the good with the bad.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2015, 09:33 Verno

Jon Stewart was excellent, I'm definitely going to miss the wit and political cynicism. He was always pretty fair to guests on his show even if he disagreed with their views yet somehow always managed to keep things light enough to entertain. It was a great balancing act and few have come close.  

News Comments > Fallout 4: No Level Cap; Play Past the Ending
28. Re: Fallout 4: No Level Cap; Play Past the Ending Aug 7, 2015, 09:08 Verno

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 7, 2015, 05:40:
Disagree. I didn't care for FO:NV at all. I found it to be a buggy, lazy release. After completing FO3 I had no interest in playing a glorified mod.

You constantly bash Bethesda for its storywriting but I really enjoy their games and think that the worlds they create are really rich and rewarding. You get far too caught up in whether they're good RPGs rather than whether they're good games.

RPG stands for roleplaying game so that's pretty reasonable to judge them based on that. I disagree with your assessment of New Vegas, there was nothing lazy about it. If anything it was too ambitious in some respects and a lot of the games bugs were due to advanced quest scripting that the engine could barely accommodate. Calling it a glorified mod is simply incorrect, the depth of content alone goes well beyond any mod or expansion pack. That said I don't think everything in New Vegas was better than Fallout 3, they both had strengths and weaknesses.

They are both good games in their own right. New Vegas has an actual story with good writing, it has interesting consequences for your decisions and crazy amounts of branching in many quests. Fallout 3 had better world building and exploration, I spent hours just wandering around finding cool things and I enjoyed that far more than the main quest.

I hope one day someone can meld both approaches successfully, both were good but flawed games that just short of excellence.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Expansion This Month
26. Re: Pillars of Eternity Expansion This Month Aug 7, 2015, 08:54 Verno

PHJF wrote on Aug 6, 2015, 10:19:
At least it felt like a finished game. Divinity after the first zone was like a giant placeholder, and Wasteland 2 was beta material at best.

The story in Divinity was beyond awful and the combat really starts to falter after level 8. The first map was pretty well done but the rest of the game is a series of painful 10 minute exposition dumps straight out of bad JRPGs and poorly scripted encounters.

It's a decent but overrated game. I think a lot of people just liked it because its really easy.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
13. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 6, 2015, 15:55 Verno

Rigs wrote on Aug 6, 2015, 15:36:
Windows 10's data collection, while sleazy, isn't any worse than anything you'd find on mobile or FB, Google, etc. Not to say it's right, but it's not out of the ordinary. Does it need to stop? Yes. Will it? Probably not.

It's actually much more benign than other companies, you can opt out of everything save for one telemetry thing that sends a list of installed apps. Other companies do not give you those choices yet people keep using their phone, tablets, Netflix, Amazon, Facebook etc. I suspect that wasn't even intentional and might be fixed in a Windows Update but we'll see happens. I don't see a lot of consternation online about it, most reviews of Windows 10 are pretty positive so /shrug. Some people just want to go all sky is falling about everything.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
5. Re: Quote of the Day Aug 6, 2015, 11:40 Verno

"Over time do we want more developers to come over to our store and offer it in addition to Steam? Absolutely. Is competition good for people? Absolutely. But our goal right now isn't to do anything else other than support Steam and help it run great on Windows 10."

In other words not even going to try. Oh well its better than botched efforts which do more harm than good.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 6, 2015, 11:28 Verno

Sony is mostly skipping Gamescom and they're the big dog so far in the current gen console wars. They're doing some event in Paris in October for their holiday/16 lineup instead apparently.  

17495 Comments. 875 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo